Welcome to Night Vale Mafia [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 198
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Welcome to Night Vale Mafia [NIGHT 4]

Post by sprityo »

I've come to the conclusion that if I'm lynched, it won't be the worst thing since itll provide alignment information.

Also i get to prove to golden I'm civ and maybe he'll understand something I had mentioned earlier
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Or really have someone, anyone understand what it was
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 119

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:03 pm
Quin wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:14 am
Golden wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:10 am There's a real possibility boom could be Marcus, but it's not definite. However, more relevantly, inh sprit and quin all appearcleared.
How? :noble:
Of being Marcus, not of being anything bad.
:noble:

:nicenod:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 483

Post by Golden »

Ricochet and epignosis both voted inh on a day where elo also got 2 votes and was lynched.

Tony, in your opinion as the person who survived, should this rule them out of being Marcus? Or should we not read anything into it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

If they could be ruled out and with quin ruled out, that would leave me at three marcus candidates

Boomslang
Dom
DF
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I'll add that each of rico, epi and Dom have indicated they are Marcus hunting in the thread, although I'd need to revisit to see if they are all genuine.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

There's also the possibility Marcus is already dead and it's a play my Kevin. But I with the ties we've been having it's hard to not consider if it's in play
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Ebwop:

"By" not "my"
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 173

Post by Epignosis »

Golden asked if Eloh wrote the posts.

Hell no she didn't. Not her style, and she's been using a phone anyway. Nobody writes novels on a phone.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

speedchuck's effort is good. I don't award points for effort.

Golden's opinions are good. I don't award points for opinions.

Ricochet's nonsense is good. I don't award points for nonsense.

You can see where I am going with this.

Nobody gets any points. There are no points. Fuck points.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Welcome to Night Vale Mafia

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:30 pm
Dom wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:46 pm hi everyone what up

also i pick unicorn
unicorns are gay
i'm gay
therefore
unicorns win
QED
I think unicorn comes in second for me. What makes you say unicorns are gay?
This is a question Eloh would ask a teammate. What does she care about unicorns being gay?
Elohcin wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:57 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:36 am
Epignosis wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:34 am
LoRab wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:23 am LOL. That makes so much more sense now. Why do you suspect him?
Here's why:
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:19 pm
Elohcin wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:19 pm As long as we keep up with the thread, the unchangeable votes shouldn't be a problem. If you need to take notes as to who is suspecting who throughout the day, then do so. I don't think we need to assifn a specific emoji to that. What if I want to use that emoji for fun?
It might help for searching the thread to check vote patterns. It just might be good to come up with a way to do that.
The hedging language here (might, just might) tells me he isn't really invested in his own idea. If TonyStarkPrime were serious about finding a useful way to track votes in the thread, he wouldn't suggest one idea, get thwarted by Eloh, and then just say "It just might be good to come up with a way to do that." He is talking about how to track something that doesn't matter, since even when votes can be changed, it isn't like we can see who voted for whom when.

"But Epi, you don't know TonyStarkPrime! What if this is how he normally is?"
I don't care.
"But Epi, didn't he die Day 1 in Pokemon? Wouldn't it be cruel to lynch him Day 1 here?"
See above.
Ooh. Forgot about how the polls worked. (In case my language gets misconstrued again, forgot here means "I neglected to consider") Back on my home site we do the whole "vote in bold in-post" thing, so I typically play with a pretty trackable record and that influences how I play. Even here it would be easier to check in on the thread, look at votes, and have an idea where we stand, and if I recall correctly from Mass Effect, we would mark votes with orange so we would have that record. I assume that is more or less a standard thing.

I don't quite understand the whole hedging thing. I had an idea, someone said "I don't like that idea" and then I said "well maybe there is another way". Which to me would suggest that I'm still invested in the general idea. The word "might" is more of a "I'm not going to force an idea through if people don't want it" than a "well, I don't really care about what I'm saying".
I actually like this response to Epi. I think if someone grasps onto this "reason" for why Tony may be mafia, they should be looked at more closely as maybe being mafia themselves.
@jack - do you really believe epi believes his theory or donyou think he made it up to see who would latch onto it? I'm thinking the latter.

In reply to Tony. Why doesn't my suggestion work?
Read thread. Take notes on who voted for whom or who suggested voting for whom at what time. Read over notes before voting.
This seems like a fine solution and you don't have to scroll through the thread over and over.

Lorab, who is FEB based on?

I'm going to post this and keep reading. I know his annoys some. Don't like my style, oh well.
This is a defense of Tony.
Elohcin wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:34 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:47 pm
LoRab wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:41 pm I don't even know what the smiley you used for me means, lol.
It means you have a decent amount of content and none of it makes me think you're town. Which makes me uneasy.

But for D1, my reads are all as ill-defined as that, so the smilies sum them up pretty good.
I may be being picky in this but I have to vote and it has to go on someone. I don't like the whole smiley chart that chuck laid out for us. Above you see his explanation to Lorab about her specific smiley. But why not just say that in the post. It's day 1. Why not get real. Day 0 is behind us and we are supposed to get a little more serious now. If he were civ, I think he would have given a small description as well so we knew exactly how he felt. Instead he remained vague with smiles. Sorry chuck, but at this moment, I think there is a better possibility of you being bad this game than any other player. I must vote. And you're it.
speedchuck isn't bad with Eloh.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Welcome to Night Vale Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:12 pm Dom. I don't like this back and forth you're having with golden. I think golden is civ, and even though this may be civ on civ, I don't think it is. You seem to be tunneling. Yes, you recently started engaging with others, but I think it's only to try to save yourself/make yourself look better. The interactions don't seem very genuine. Golden, on the other hand, has not only been taking part in the back and forth with you, but has also been playing what looks like a genuine and meaningful game, engaging in other conversations. It seems as though you may feel stuck in hole and you're only focused on climbing out of that hole. I've been in that position before as a baddie and know what it's like. I just cannot decide if I ought to vote you or take a chance that Tony may be marcus. It would be great to get any baddie today, but awesome to get the +2 vote guy.

With that in mind... what's the general thoughts on tony being marcus? It was mentioned and talked about a little bit earlier today but I haven't heard a general consensus. I don't stay up late like many of you and I need to vote soon. I'd love some feedback on my thoughts.
I don't think Dom and Eloh were bad together. She went Marcus hunting with Tony.
Elohcin wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:28 pm
Dom wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:11 pm lynch me
i don't want to play if this is how we play now.

watch out for timmer never actually catching up. that's classic baddie timmer.
When I come up civ, remember how wrong Golden was. Remember how I was told repeatedly that I had written nothing when I wrote many posts giving well thought out reasons for him being bad

Watch out for INH hiding behind being *quirky*

Watch out Elo pretending she can't read my posts.
WTF Dom, give a lady time to respond. I may be in the kitchen vacuuming up pepper that my 5 year old spilt all over the floor when reaching for a banana. Seriously. It just happened.

Thank you sprit for your response. I've made up my mind.

dom
Yeah, I don't think Dom is bad with Eloh.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

sprityo wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:08 pm There's also the possibility Marcus is already dead and it's a play my Kevin. But I with the ties we've been having it's hard to not consider if it's in play
There's also the possibility that Marcus is DF, who I've had on my list. Marcus is not Nutella, timmer, LoRab or Elo.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Welcome to Night Vale Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:10 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:06 pm Holy shit.

First time for everything. I think Lorab is...

good.
:haha:
The laugh here- why is this funny? I always think Lorab is up to something and Eloh knows this.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 170

Post by Ricochet »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:44 pm This is a defense of Tony.
The Man in the Tan Jacket
LET ME POST
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Welcome to Night Vale Mafia [DAY 3]

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:19 pm Those in both BV AND ROTTK who haven't been cursed this game and who are still alive: INH, Wilgy, and timmer. So...
Eggs are yummy,
With spinach and cheese.
Today I'll be voting
One of these.
Elohcin wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:26 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:40 pm
LoRab wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:33 pm
Elohcin wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:58 pm You can double check my stats, wilgy.
If you look at the lists I posted above, I already did that.
You missed Epi. To be fair, INH had missed him first, and I assume you were basing off his list.

Also, what do you think about Jack's thought that there could be 2 different players on the team who were each in one of the games?
insertnamehere wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:22 pm Is it really not conceivable to anyone other myself that someone who wasn't directly linked to one of those games either read the thread or was aware of the gimmicks from both games?

I mean, come on. The people insisting that it HAS to be someone who played both games are more than a little suspicious to me right now.

Think of it like this: Rico's curse on D2 attracted a crazy amount of heat for people involved with Blue Velvet. By intentionally choosing to do the same thing with Dom and Rot3k, they're essentially designing a Venn Diagram of people they want us to look at.

Odds are seeming higher and higher to me that the Faceless Old Woman was involved with one at most of these games, and researched gimmicks players used in games she wasn't in to mislead the town and cause mislynches.

There are two possible motives FOW has for cursing people with old-game-specific posting restrictions: Sheer fuckery, or to mislead the town.

I believe it to be the latter.
It seems unlikely, to me, that someone following a game and not playing would know that 2 different self-imposed posts were a thing in 2 different games. I get what you're saying, but I think that it's likely that there are people on that team who were in both games. It's not just that they were both posting restrictions from old games--they were both self imposed restrictions.

I think you're trying to steer us away from those people, which isn't making me feel very good about you.
On the flip, I think you are trying to steer us toward those people, which isn't making me feel very good about you.
Yes, I missed epi because I was following INH's list. So he is now added to the list I wrote earlier: Epi, INH, timmer, and Wilgy. The reaction INH is having here to lorab is off-putting. Isn't it the point of the game to try and find the baddies, make a good case for them, and then try to get others to follow you in lynching who you think is bad? That's all I think lorab is doing here. And she is right that you are trying to steer us clear of the people I just mentioned. I really think out of the four, timmer ia probably not the curser. He's barely been here. I also don't think it's likely that epi is. I don't think he would incriminate himself like that. Wilgy...maybe. You...maybe. I can see either of you doing something like this, but wilgy's reaction to all this talk compared to your reaction screams at you being it.
Eloh and timmer were teammates. I'm satisfied on that regard.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Do you think it likely that Elo would call out both of her teammates? I remember that standing out to me at the time as odd, since timmer hadn't actually been around to make some of the calls.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

But I think that makes inh and wilgy even less likely to also be on that team.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

My vote tomorrow will probably be out of boomslang, dom and sprityo.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:59 pm Do you think it likely that Elo would call out both of her teammates? I remember that standing out to me at the time as odd, since timmer hadn't actually been around to make some of the calls.
Eloh hates having inactive teammates.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

She likes the yakity-yak even more than she loves playing.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I agree with you about timmer, I'm thinking about it in the context of INH being less likely to be the third.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:02 pm I agree with you about timmer, I'm thinking about it in the context of INH being less likely to be the third.
Eloh wasn't in Blue Velvet. She was in Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

timmer was in both, but barely.

Who came up with the idea for the Poppy and Trump curses? I don't believe it was either one of them.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Some speedchuck/Elo stuff, presented without comment at present.
speedchuck wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:43 pm
Elohcin wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:34 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:47 pm It means you have a decent amount of content and none of it makes me think you're town. Which makes me uneasy.
But for D1, my reads are all as ill-defined as that, so the smilies sum them up pretty good.
I may be being picky in this but I have to vote and it has to go on someone. I don't like the whole smiley chart that chuck laid out for us. Above you see his explanation to Lorab about her specific smiley. But why not just say that in the post. It's day 1. Why not get real. Day 0 is behind us and we are supposed to get a little more serious now. If he were civ, I think he would have given a small description as well so we knew exactly how he felt. Instead he remained vague with smiles. Sorry chuck, but at this moment, I think there is a better possibility of you being bad this game than any other player. I must vote. And you're it.
Do you see the inconsistency here? I mean, I obviously disagree with your vote, and your reasoning, but even in your very post, you say numerous times:
"I have to be picky and vote even though there's not much to go on. I gotta pick somebody."
And then you say "Why not get serious?"

That's why I'm not getting all that serious. For the same reason that you keep excusing yourself.

And I'm not sure what the scum motive would be to post a smiley list. Vague-ness is something I'm more prone to do as town anyway.
speedchuck wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:56 pm Eh, this is crap. People are spending more time defending the lynch targets than the accusers spent justifying them, and yet those defenders aren't suggesting other targets. Crap. Crap I say. Time-wasting crap.

Votes aren't changeable. If you want to change the mind of a voter, do it tomorrow. Now is the time to find a target and argue FOR it, not against it.

As for the targets that already exist, I don't want to vote Dom. Or Golden. I don't think they're scum. Sprit I'm ambivalent on, though I like the guy and don't want to mislynch him early. OMGUS isn't an option. I think of Eloh as town, barring some crazy metaread.

Gimme a minute
speedchuck wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:28 pm
Elohcin wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:21 pm Who was it that said, "please don't vote jack" out of nowhere yesterday at end of day 1? I wanted to inquire about that.
Me, that was me. I did that.
Elohcin wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:59 pm Go chuck.... I change my mind about you.
Elohcin wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:31 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:46 pm Oh. Rico, are you saying that INH and Nutella are w/w, and that Golden is opposite team wolf?

Because that's honestly what I got from that, and it's pretty disappointing

linkis oh god:
@golden Cool. Hard for me to evaluate a metaread, but I don't see Jack as being strongly tied to anyone.
@Eloh because I didn't want someone to vote Jack for crazy non-stated reasons on d1
But why not? What is so special about jack? No offense, jack.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:08 pmWho came up with the idea for the Poppy and Trump curses? I don't believe it was either one of them.
I agree. I can also say that I had no idea that Poppy was even from another game until it was brought up in the thread. The Trump curse, I mean Dom expressly said in the thread he'd acted like Trump in another game, so anyone could come up with that. But the Poppy one is much more relevant to me.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sprityo and speedchuck are both viable candidates.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Boomslang »

Ok, just stating this categorically for the record (and lie detector) to stop this line of thought before it goes further: my vote is only worth one vote.

Are the other Marcus candidates willing to nut up?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Golden wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:12 pm Sprityo and speedchuck are both viable candidates.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Rico, as I've said before, I'd put money on it not being INH at this point. He set out a very valid point for why he is not Elo's teammate earlier, which I agree with entirely (perhaps I shouldn't, since it is a way in which his brain would work like mine, but I do).
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Golden, as a hypothetical before day starts, what does me flipping town, or being town I should say if I die tonight, entail? What does it show towards anyone else?

I ask the same question to Dom and Rico
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

sprityo wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:27 pm Golden, as a hypothetical before day starts, what does me flipping town, or being town I should say if I die tonight, entail? What does it show towards anyone else?

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

sprityo wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:27 pm Golden, as a hypothetical before day starts, what does me flipping town, or being town I should say if I die tonight, entail? What does it show towards anyone else?

Nothing beyond you not being politician, I think, although there's still analysis to be done, of course.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Ricohet...

this is super important...

...what do you think of...

....America...

...by...

...Yes?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Anyone got any opinions on speedchuck as a politician? Possible?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:34 pm Ricohet...

this is super important...

...what do you think of...

....America...

...by...

...Yes?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:35 pm Anyone got any opinions on speedchuck as a politician? Possible?
Not on my radar.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:43 pm
Golden wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:35 pm Anyone got any opinions on speedchuck as a politician? Possible?
Not on my radar.
Well, what do you think of those posts I quoted. I'm deliberately setting out to put speedchuck on the radar and get opinions. He hasn't been on my radar either, but I'd rather rule him out or in than just continue to put him to the side.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

OMG rico, that's a fantastic self-portrait.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I agree with ricos list except I don't think speed is Strex.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 377

Post by Dom »

I don't know what you're even asking here.

You not being a politician doesn't clear a thing up for me. If you're bad, I think you're Strex.
Golden wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:49 pm Does anyone have a reason that I should remove any of them?
remove me bc i'm good
Golden wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:01 pm Is there any reason to presume any of those on my list are not Marcus? Doms choice to miss the lynch could have been tactical eg. Part of my choice to create a tie was around potential exposure of Marcus.
i admit it's not a good look for me. but it's the truth. i'm not marcus.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:49 pm
Not on my radar.
Well, what do you think of those posts I quoted. I'm deliberately setting out to put speedchuck on the radar and get opinions. He hasn't been on my radar either, but I'd rather rule him out or in than just continue to put him to the side.
I didn't read the posts you quoted.

speedchuck isn't on my radar.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I have to say Speedchuck has been....different this game.

He doesn't compare to even his plays in Phenon where he was independent. And I know he's a fully capable player.

But that's just a personal opinion

Maybe I should go back and compare you this game to you in Credithunt, ey speed?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:52 pm
Golden wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:49 pm
Not on my radar.
I didn't read the posts you quoted.

speedchuck isn't on my radar.
This gives me some comfort.

By how much do you favour inh over sprit as elo's teammate? Or am I wrong in thinking that you do?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I've been tone reading speed all game, so if it's tinfoil, it's good to get me out of tinfoil mode.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

so day should start soon right? let me see if i can....
Banners:
ImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 107

Post by DrWilgy »

sprityo wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:04 pm so day should start soon right? let me see if i can....
Ominous.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 209

Post by speedchuck »

sprityo wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:58 pm I have to say Speedchuck has been....different this game.

He doesn't compare to even his plays in Phenon where he was independent. And I know he's a fully capable player.
Different in what way?
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

different as in.....idk the quality maybe? i think your most recent big wall of stuff was what i was expecting more early on. but it took you a second to get up to that point i suppose
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Something in my mind made me suspicious of you based on your posts. thats all ive got really

i might have another reason to suspect you or not though. just cant tell yet
Banners:
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”