Geki (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
50%

Total votes: 10
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 90

Re: Street Fighter II Mafia [Round 1]

Post by Elohcin »

I meant the new-to-me guys. I'm seriously so exhausted.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 66
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

@Eloh

lol consider me unconvinced.

But congrats to Blooper.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I never know about sloonei either though. I think JJJ ia cool, but I never see him as bad.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 35
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Elohcin wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:07 pm Hmm...kind of both actually. When I read her poats, I hear her excited voice. She seems overly happy. Is this just RL infiltrating her mafia meta? Is it that she is bad and wxcited about her role and being on a btsc team? I am unsure as of yet.
LOL I admit, I'm pinning stuff like mad while checking back here periodically. :blush:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Unconvinced about what JOH?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 289
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:28 pm MP, I don't have time to sift through your already insane post count (good lord, man) to find explanations. Why Bass? Please answer with brevity.
Basically what I said here still applies. I don't have an active suspect, so I'd rather lynch a non-poster who has a record of signing up for games and occasionally never showing up. I've thoroughly worked through my thoughts on other players in the game, namely the other wagons but also a few others (yourself included), and do not find any of them worthy of a vote at this time.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 73
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Diiny wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:29 pm MP: Why did you agree that jay is a neutral read and then say he's the scummiest non-lurker? I've read your explenation which makes me question why you agreed with me that he was neutral.

And I do have the weirds for MP but now more people have showed up and I need to grill them.

And now that there are other bandwagons forming I think I'm safe in saying that I completely agree with JJJ re sloonei. When I was scum with him in AOL he was very much off topic and then defensive. It's what I bussed him for, anyway. It's not much to go on, but for day 1 it's voteable. Considering him for my vote. Also makes me feel safer re JJJ.

Gonna grill these guys before voting though.
Would you say that this is an accurate description of my posts in this game?

I may vote Bass to save myself if I have to, but I'm also still at work and can't really engage wih stuff.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I don't think sloonei deserves to go since he's at least participating. Ill vot bass to help him out. May it not come to bite me in the ass later on.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 23
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:31 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:28 pm MP, I don't have time to sift through your already insane post count (good lord, man) to find explanations. Why Bass? Please answer with brevity.
Basically what I said here still applies. I don't have an active suspect, so I'd rather lynch a non-poster who has a record of signing up for games and occasionally never showing up. I've thoroughly worked through my thoughts on other players in the game, namely the other wagons but also a few others (yourself included), and do not find any of them worthy of a vote at this time.
You're telling me you have made 100 posts on Day 1 so you can conclude with a lynch of someone with zero posts? That's gross.

What exactly is an "active suspect" in this context? I'm trying to understand how you can have dedicated so much thought to the game already, as is necessitated by your post count, without drawing a stronger conclusion than "vote a lurker".
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei, suspects, go.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Elohcin wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:35 pm I don't think sloonei deserves to go since he's at least participating. Ill vot bass to help him out. May it not come to bite me in the ass later on.
@dunya

Elo just voted and shows up before me and Blooper as voting Bass, so this serves as a confirmation that the poll system currently does not reflect the vote order.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:36 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:31 pm
You're telling me you have made 100 posts on Day 1 so you can conclude with a lynch of someone with zero posts? That's gross.

What exactly is an "active suspect" in this context? I'm trying to understand how you can have dedicated so much thought to the game already, as is necessitated by your post count, without drawing a stronger conclusion than "vote a lurker".
Why is that gross? We have a bad habit of letting lurkers live way longer than they should around here. I can try to generate discussion until I'm blue in the face in the hopes of uncovering something I think is shifty, but if at the end of the day, I still think this is the best way to cast my vote, how is that gross? Should I force myself to feel suspicion against someone that I don't?

It's someone that I'm actively scum reading.
Simon
The Mark
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Simon »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:32 pm
A distinct possibility. Only LC voting for EHonda really stood out as an odd choice.
I voted for Long Con. E. Honda is fat. I don't like him. Long Con likes fat fighters? :haha:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:39 pmWhy is that gross? We have a bad habit of letting lurkers live way longer than they should around here. I can try to generate discussion until I'm blue in the face in the hopes of uncovering something I think is shifty, but if at the end of the day, I still think this is the best way to cast my vote, how is that gross? Should I force myself to feel suspicion against someone that I don't?

I'm not suggesting you should force yourself to have suspicions. I am suggesting that it's hard to believe that you don't have them naturally.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Elohcin wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:30 pm Unconvinced about what JOH?
Blooper being bad.

(Game of thrones is gonna keep me from doing much useful now.)
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Jiggle jiggle
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:31 pm
Diiny wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:29 pm MP: Why did you agree that jay is a neutral read and then say he's the scummiest non-lurker? I've read your explenation which makes me question why you agreed with me that he was neutral.

And I do have the weirds for MP but now more people have showed up and I need to grill them.

And now that there are other bandwagons forming I think I'm safe in saying that I completely agree with JJJ re sloonei. When I was scum with him in AOL he was very much off topic and then defensive. It's what I bussed him for, anyway. It's not much to go on, but for day 1 it's voteable. Considering him for my vote. Also makes me feel safer re JJJ.

Gonna grill these guys before voting though.
Would you say that this is an accurate description of my posts in this game?

I may vote Bass to save myself if I have to, but I'm also still at work and can't really engage wih stuff.
I wouldn't call you off-topic, but I would call you defense-oriented. Your posts are rather Sloonei-centric. You have a unique opportunity as the subject of much dialogue in this thread to generate some manner of reads, but I don't know that I have seen an effort. You wrote off LC and Jack, and gave a vaguely negative assessment of speedchuck.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:42 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:39 pmWhy is that gross? We have a bad habit of letting lurkers live way longer than they should around here. I can try to generate discussion until I'm blue in the face in the hopes of uncovering something I think is shifty, but if at the end of the day, I still think this is the best way to cast my vote, how is that gross? Should I force myself to feel suspicion against someone that I don't?

I'm not suggesting you should force yourself to have suspicions. I am suggesting that it's hard to believe that you don't have them naturally.
I don't, sorry. I wish I did honestly. I suppose I have had some vague gut reactions to various posts, including to you and Diiny, but nothing that wasn't adequately addressed for the time being or worthy of my vote. I also thought dunya made a potentially compelling point about LC, but I'm townreading him for other reasons and my gut doesn't agree with it. Anyway, you'll see for yourself when you have time to read; just let me know what questions you have, if any, once you've done so.

I know I'm not good at scumhunting; I've been trying more to townhunt instead. I suppose I haven't tried hard enough, I have tried to engage with people in real time for the last few hours though. I feel good about half the players at the moment, including almost all of the active players, excluding you and Elo. I'm sure some or most of it will reset after this result though and I'll need to start pushing people back down into neutralzone to sort them out better. Nearly half the player list hasn't said anything of substance, really, so that doesn't help either. Hopefully that'll change soon.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 35
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Simon wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:41 pm
A distinct possibility. Only LC voting for EHonda really stood out as an odd choice.
I voted for Long Con. E. Honda is fat. I don't like him. Long Con likes fat fighters? :haha:
Elohcin wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:45 pmJiggle jiggle
:haha:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:47 pmI feel good about half the players at the moment, including almost all of the active players, excluding you and Elo.
What's holding you back from voting Elo or I?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

[mention]Epignosis[/mention]

Diiny asked this earlier, but thought I'd @mention you. How will ties be handled?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:49 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:47 pmI feel good about half the players at the moment, including almost all of the active players, excluding you and Elo.
What's holding you back from voting Elo or I?
I don't really feel either of you is suspicious; I just haven't town read you either. I haven't had the chance to mindmeld with you yet so I'm maybe tinfoiling a bit, and Elo wasn't really active until just recently, and while I don't agree with her Blooper suspicion, she seems genuine GTH. And both of you have contributed adequately I suppose.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 73
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Voting Bass. Don't lynch me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Jay, is there anything else you can specifically say re: Sloonei that might help me see what you're finding suspicious? I read what you had to say, Diiny echoed those thoughts, and I went back and reread Sloonei's posts, particularly those in the exchange in question, and I'm not seeing it. I feel as though Sloonei responded pretty much in-kind with what was thrown at him.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I am thoroughly underwhelmed by a Bass lynch. This is laziness. I can on rare occasion understand lynching a total lurker on a Day 1 wherein the participate rate is abysmal and there's nothing to work with, but this one hasn't been bad. There are plenty of posts, though I admit that I haven't read them all yet.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 87

Post by speedchuck »

This is a bloody ton of posts. I forgot this was 24 hours. Glad we aren't actually lynching Sloon, I thought that was a joke. No way I'm going to catch up tonight, I have to get up before 6 tomorrow.

I'll try to do some analysis night 1.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:54 pm I am thoroughly underwhelmed by a Bass lynch. This is laziness. I can on rare occasion understand lynching a total lurker on a Day 1 wherein the participate rate is abysmal and there's nothing to work with, but this one hasn't been bad. There are plenty of posts, though I admit that I haven't read them all yet.
I respectfully disagree; I got nothing incriminating out of this thread today. But if you have some convincing interpretations of stuff once you catch up, I'd love to hear it.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Gonna facilitate a counter wagon on LC, in case he's bad or something.

God, I am so getting lynched for my lack of involvement today. Whatever.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:55 pm This is a bloody ton of posts. I forgot this was 24 hours. Glad we aren't actually lynching Sloon, I thought that was a joke. No way I'm going to catch up tonight, I have to get up before 6 tomorrow.

I'll try to do some analysis night 1.
Sorry guys. I won't be verbally spewing this much in future cycles, I promise, though I'll still try to contribute however I can as much as I can. This is basically how I spent my free time today. I haven't played in too long clearly. :blush:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:57 pm Gonna facilitate a counter wagon on LC, in case he's bad or something.

Is this based on anything in LC's posts, or is it essentially random? The wording has me confused.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:54 pm Jay, is there anything else you can specifically say re: Sloonei that might help me see what you're finding suspicious? I read what you had to say, Diiny echoed those thoughts, and I went back and reread Sloonei's posts, particularly those in the exchange in question, and I'm not seeing it. I feel as though Sloonei responded pretty much in-kind with what was thrown at him.
I think his initial reception of the silly "alien" accusations looked dubious, like someone swatting away accusations instead of someone exploring accusations (the latter is something I associate with high-facilitation players like Sloonei). I don't see much evidence in the rest of his posts that he is trying to solve the situation. He wrote off the initial two (LC and Jack) and barely went at speedchuck.

I don't pretend this stuff is severely damning, but it's what has most caught my attention this Day 1.

What do you mean by "in-kind" in your description? How does that project to a supportive take on Sloonei like yours?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ugh. Here I have been advocating against lynching Sloonei and yet a small part of me wants to move my vote there to make it a tie for some insane reason thinking that I'm just missing something completely.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I wish we knew what happened in the event of tie.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epi said in a recent hosting effort that he doesn't like ties being randomized and that he won't do it that way anymore. Beyond that no clue.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:59 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:57 pm Gonna facilitate a counter wagon on LC, in case he's bad or something.

Is this based on anything in LC's posts, or is it essentially random? The wording has me confused.
Essentially random. I have nothing on LC or Bass. Or Sloon. I thought we had 48 hours and Sloonei is a reliable player, so I was going to see how he responded.

Brain fart on that one.

And I'm not a huge fan of the "tie meta", at least not for voter analysis. Maybe it's hypocritical since I haven't read the day, but I'm sick of tie-ing every D1 up. I will straight up change my vote to Bass if you make this a 3-way tie.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:00 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:54 pm Jay, is there anything else you can specifically say re: Sloonei that might help me see what you're finding suspicious? I read what you had to say, Diiny echoed those thoughts, and I went back and reread Sloonei's posts, particularly those in the exchange in question, and I'm not seeing it. I feel as though Sloonei responded pretty much in-kind with what was thrown at him.
I think his initial reception of the silly "alien" accusations looked dubious, like someone swatting away accusations instead of someone exploring accusations (the latter is something I associate with high-facilitation players like Sloonei). I don't see much evidence in the rest of his posts that he is trying to solve the situation. He wrote off the initial two (LC and Jack) and barely went at speedchuck.

I don't pretend this stuff is severely damning, but it's what has most caught my attention this Day 1.

What do you mean by "in-kind" in your description? How does that project to a supportive take on Sloonei like yours?
I don't know; I just looked at it again and it seemed like an entirely natural response to have I guess. What do you mean by solve the situation?

I suppose I just don't see why anyone would expect Sloonei to come back guns ablazing to any of the accusations? I mean, he could have made more of an effort to scumhunt, sure, but that could have been said of nearly all of us for the game until just 4-5 hours ago probably, and even still for half of the players.

I would call Sloonei's play this game underwhelming, but not suspicious. I would assert part of my defense of him was gut -- he was in the thread when I joined it earlier today in real time, along with dunya as well, and his posts read genuine. Seemed to me he was just the victim of RVS. Not fighting hard to save his life by any means, sure, but I'm not sure why that is suspicious?

It's entirely possible Sloonei is bad, but I saw nothing that made me seriously consider it during this first phase.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:05 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:59 pm

Essentially random. I have nothing on LC or Bass. Or Sloon. I thought we had 48 hours and Sloonei is a reliable player, so I was going to see how he responded.

Brain fart on that one.

And I'm not a huge fan of the "tie meta", at least not for voter analysis. Maybe it's hypocritical since I haven't read the day, but I'm sick of tie-ing every D1 up. I will straight up change my vote to Bass if you make this a 3-way tie.
I wasn't going to anyway; I'm just feeling nervous about this result, despite being the one to initially suggest it. I got a big plate of nothing. :sigh:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'll be back later just to check the result, otherwise I won't have much time for the next 24 hours because I need to work ridiculous hours tomorrow. BBL. Fingers crossed.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 70
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Simon wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:41 pm
I emulated the rhyming scheme of the post before mine, actually. That was enough reason for me.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 49

Post by Epignosis »

I had a fantasy football draft. It's done, so I am here.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:49 pm @Epignosis

Diiny asked this earlier, but thought I'd @mention you. How will ties be handled?
If there's a tie, you'll find out. :keys:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Round 1...Fight!

Poll ended at Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:02 pmPlease note that if you vote, your vote will be visible.

Bass_the_Clever
33%

Voters: Elohcin, Sloonei, MovingPictures07, nijuukyugou

DFaraday
No votes

Voters: None

Diiny
No votes

Dom
No votes

DrWilgy
No votes

dunya
No votes

Elohcin
No votes

Long Con
25%

Voters: dunya, speedchuck, Simon

MovingPictures07
8%

Voters: Long Con

Jackofhearts2005
No votes

JaggedJimmyJay
No votes

malakim2099
No votes

nijuukyugou
No votes

Simon
No votes

Sloonei
17%

Voters: JaggedJimmyJay, Diiny

speedchuck
8%

Voters: Jackofhearts2005

Birdie (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
8%

Voters: Epignosis

Total votes: 12
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

YOU LOSE!
Bass_the_Clever has been defeated. He was:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

It is now Night 1. You have 23 hours (until 10pm EST) to submit your PMs.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ugh. RIP Bass. :sigh:

:offtobed:
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Dom »

Catching up
Simon wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:00 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:43 pm
Simon wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:40 pm Hi everyone. I'm here.

My idea is that some people voted for their role instead of their favorite character. :ponder:
Hey Simon!

Why do you think some people might have done that?
For example, mom doesn't know anything about Street Fighter. So why would she pick Cammy? When we were in the car talking about Halloween costumes, she said she didn't like the way Cammy was dressed because you can't wear that outfit during Halloween because it's cold. So that doesn't make any sense. :shrug:

So that proves she is Cammy or a mafia bad guy who just picked somebody at random.
yo simon but why does that mean eloh must be bad?

why can't eloh be good and have done this? i don't know anything about street fighter so i picked the name i liked best.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:42 pm
Diiny wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:31 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:15 pm I'm cautious because this is me. If I were to display any amount of confidence on Day 1 I'd be full on in MP hurricane mode based on very little and that typically doesn't end as well for town as I'd like it to, to put it lightly. I find that town benefits much better from me being cautious than careless.
I remember you being a tad more brazen than this in our games on OT. I like that you've stuck your neck out for some people, but tbh conversely that ties in with my fear of you treading very lightly.

If you had to choose right now, who's scum? Is your vote staying on squid? show me some fire without any actual consequences.
Probably. I'm sure I'll get brazen at some point here too like I almost always do, but my record at actually catching scum when I put my foot full on the brakes is almost certainly laughably bad. Especially early on in games the past couple of years, I try to be as measured as possible, but I'll still poke something if I feel there's something worth poking. As the game progresses I'll probably be more likely to pursue something doggedly. It depends inevitably on what happens though. If I really thought there was something super suspicious in the thread right now I'd be all over it, I think anyway. As it stands, unfortunately I think this game is a more typical Day 1 -- there's a bunch of weaksauce cases to be made that may or may not be totally legit, and I'm not in love with any of them -- specifically, the thoughts people have said re: any of the players with votes right now (Sloonei, JOH, LC, and speedchuck). With that said, however, I'm most potentially swayed by dunya's observation of LC. Just not ready to pull the trigger on it. Not convinced in the slightest by any of the others.

If I had to choose right now... ugh. I'm terrible at scum reads early in the game and these days much prefer to play POE for the first phase or two because I think it plays to my strengths. That said, I suppose I'd pick two or three of Bass, DFaraday, Dom, DrWilgy, Elohcin, and malakim to be bad (and which I choose would be basically luck at this point because none of them have literally anything substantial to judge), and then one of the players with votes right now that have some heat (JOH, Sloonei, LC, speedchuck -- GTH I'd pick LC), and then one of the more talkative bunch so far (you, Jay, dunya, Sloonei again, Blooper -- GTH I'd pick Jay). So LC, Jay, and two lurkers basically. I think.

As for what I'd do with my vote, it's very likely moving away from Blooper. I don't feel anything bad about her right now; it was basically RVS. I'd most likely vote for Bass. Not sure yet. It'd be nice if more folks popped in here soon so I can sort through how everyone else is feeling.
I hate this post. Whole lotta nothing. Like trying to guess the plot of a show. But there is no script, no writer playing up drama, just players playing and thus, no strength behind these ideas.

I dislike his interactions with LC a lot (in that LC comes out on top and MP comes across dishonest) and of course, his push on Bass, a townie.

At this point, MP is my top suspect.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 70
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:16 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:42 pm
Diiny wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:31 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:15 pm I'm cautious because this is me. If I were to display any amount of confidence on Day 1 I'd be full on in MP hurricane mode based on very little and that typically doesn't end as well for town as I'd like it to, to put it lightly. I find that town benefits much better from me being cautious than careless.
I remember you being a tad more brazen than this in our games on OT. I like that you've stuck your neck out for some people, but tbh conversely that ties in with my fear of you treading very lightly.

If you had to choose right now, who's scum? Is your vote staying on squid? show me some fire without any actual consequences.
Probably. I'm sure I'll get brazen at some point here too like I almost always do, but my record at actually catching scum when I put my foot full on the brakes is almost certainly laughably bad. Especially early on in games the past couple of years, I try to be as measured as possible, but I'll still poke something if I feel there's something worth poking. As the game progresses I'll probably be more likely to pursue something doggedly. It depends inevitably on what happens though. If I really thought there was something super suspicious in the thread right now I'd be all over it, I think anyway. As it stands, unfortunately I think this game is a more typical Day 1 -- there's a bunch of weaksauce cases to be made that may or may not be totally legit, and I'm not in love with any of them -- specifically, the thoughts people have said re: any of the players with votes right now (Sloonei, JOH, LC, and speedchuck). With that said, however, I'm most potentially swayed by dunya's observation of LC. Just not ready to pull the trigger on it. Not convinced in the slightest by any of the others.

If I had to choose right now... ugh. I'm terrible at scum reads early in the game and these days much prefer to play POE for the first phase or two because I think it plays to my strengths. That said, I suppose I'd pick two or three of Bass, DFaraday, Dom, DrWilgy, Elohcin, and malakim to be bad (and which I choose would be basically luck at this point because none of them have literally anything substantial to judge), and then one of the players with votes right now that have some heat (JOH, Sloonei, LC, speedchuck -- GTH I'd pick LC), and then one of the more talkative bunch so far (you, Jay, dunya, Sloonei again, Blooper -- GTH I'd pick Jay). So LC, Jay, and two lurkers basically. I think.

As for what I'd do with my vote, it's very likely moving away from Blooper. I don't feel anything bad about her right now; it was basically RVS. I'd most likely vote for Bass. Not sure yet. It'd be nice if more folks popped in here soon so I can sort through how everyone else is feeling.
I hate this post. Whole lotta nothing. Like trying to guess the plot of a show. But there is no script, no writer playing up drama, just players playing and thus, no strength behind these ideas.

I dislike his interactions with LC a lot (in that LC comes out on top and MP comes across dishonest) and of course, his push on Bass, a townie.

At this point, MP is my top suspect.
I approve of this post.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 17

Re: Street Fighter II Mafia [Day 0]

Post by Dom »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:27 pm
Diiny wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:22 pm gah no roleclaiming/outing really goes against my instincts

how have you found adapting, JJJ? iirc that's how the majority of games are played here
Does this post seem forced to anyone else?

I'm not necessarily scum-reading Diiny for it, but something is off. It just seems to me Diiny is struggling coming up with conversation, but it's striking to me that he singled out Jay only for this inquiry.
i doubt diiny has bstc
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Also, what a finale. Game of Thrones.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”