Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 66
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: Street Fighter II Mafia [Round 1]

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Diiny wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:29 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:21 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:32 pm Listen, I only ever played X-men vs. Streetfighter and in that game Dhalsim was a levitating blue elastic man who breathed fire and I was 8 years old. What was I supposed to think?
Normal Indian guy who does yoga.
Believe I asked you a question- fancy answering it?

Who's scum, Jack?
Who's scum?
MP. Maybe Eloh.

Not LC. Not Blooper. Probably not you.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Dom »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:54 pm I am thoroughly underwhelmed by a Bass lynch. This is laziness. I can on rare occasion understand lynching a total lurker on a Day 1 wherein the participate rate is abysmal and there's nothing to work with, but this one hasn't been bad. There are plenty of posts, though I admit that I haven't read them all yet.
criticizes everyone
doesn't offer alternative

is bad.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:04 pm Epi said in a recent hosting effort that he doesn't like ties being randomized and that he won't do it that way anymore. Beyond that no clue.
epi is known for having roles decide ties.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Diiny wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:37 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:32 pm
Diiny wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:20 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:28 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:25 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:36 pm Sup Din and Dun. What's your story?

Tempted to vote Sloonei for the alien comment.

Do we think the day one poll did anything? Power up Ryu maybe?
I'm not convinced it did anything. Hard to say though.

Why exactly are you tempted to vote Sloonei?
For saying Dhalsim is an alien.

I guess I could say that pretending to not know a theme is scummy but really, it's that Dhalsim is just an Indian dude. Calling him an alien? Thas racist.
Why would it be within scum's interest to pretend not to know this game's theme?
An excuse to be less helpful. Saying things to say things. I don't disbelieve Sloonei, though, hence my emphasis on bs over actually arguing his point was scummy.

You like to toss votes out early, generally speaking? Or are you extra suspicious of me? Or is this your day one style? Trying to get a feel for you.
How does not knowing the theme make them less helpful when all the roles are transparrent and explicitly outlined? What advantage does an SF fan have here?

I do like to toss votes out early, but I'm still concerned that you're saying things for the sake of saying things, to use your own language. Game mechanic speculation and whether ryu was superior to ken in mvc2 takes second place to scumhunting, ESPECIALLY on day one.
1) Secrets
2) Hinting
3) Writeup analysis

It's all less applicable with an open setup. I'm not actually accusing Sloonei of lying, though, so it's not really important. Hence part of my suspicion of MP and his accusations of LC falling flat. LC's interpretation of my posts was on point. MP attempted to make something of nothing.

Ken was. There's no denying it.

I feel you, though. Don't necessarily agree but I'm trying to get you, not agree with you.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:16 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:42 pm
Diiny wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:31 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:15 pm I'm cautious because this is me. If I were to display any amount of confidence on Day 1 I'd be full on in MP hurricane mode based on very little and that typically doesn't end as well for town as I'd like it to, to put it lightly. I find that town benefits much better from me being cautious than careless.
I remember you being a tad more brazen than this in our games on OT. I like that you've stuck your neck out for some people, but tbh conversely that ties in with my fear of you treading very lightly.

If you had to choose right now, who's scum? Is your vote staying on squid? show me some fire without any actual consequences.
Probably. I'm sure I'll get brazen at some point here too like I almost always do, but my record at actually catching scum when I put my foot full on the brakes is almost certainly laughably bad. Especially early on in games the past couple of years, I try to be as measured as possible, but I'll still poke something if I feel there's something worth poking. As the game progresses I'll probably be more likely to pursue something doggedly. It depends inevitably on what happens though. If I really thought there was something super suspicious in the thread right now I'd be all over it, I think anyway. As it stands, unfortunately I think this game is a more typical Day 1 -- there's a bunch of weaksauce cases to be made that may or may not be totally legit, and I'm not in love with any of them -- specifically, the thoughts people have said re: any of the players with votes right now (Sloonei, JOH, LC, and speedchuck). With that said, however, I'm most potentially swayed by dunya's observation of LC. Just not ready to pull the trigger on it. Not convinced in the slightest by any of the others.

If I had to choose right now... ugh. I'm terrible at scum reads early in the game and these days much prefer to play POE for the first phase or two because I think it plays to my strengths. That said, I suppose I'd pick two or three of Bass, DFaraday, Dom, DrWilgy, Elohcin, and malakim to be bad (and which I choose would be basically luck at this point because none of them have literally anything substantial to judge), and then one of the players with votes right now that have some heat (JOH, Sloonei, LC, speedchuck -- GTH I'd pick LC), and then one of the more talkative bunch so far (you, Jay, dunya, Sloonei again, Blooper -- GTH I'd pick Jay). So LC, Jay, and two lurkers basically. I think.

As for what I'd do with my vote, it's very likely moving away from Blooper. I don't feel anything bad about her right now; it was basically RVS. I'd most likely vote for Bass. Not sure yet. It'd be nice if more folks popped in here soon so I can sort through how everyone else is feeling.
I hate this post. Whole lotta nothing. Like trying to guess the plot of a show. But there is no script, no writer playing up drama, just players playing and thus, no strength behind these ideas.

I dislike his interactions with LC a lot (in that LC comes out on top and MP comes across dishonest) and of course, his push on Bass, a townie.

At this point, MP is my top suspect.
this is a decent analysis.

specifically, i hate when mp lectures people on his own meta.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Re: Street Fighter II Mafia [Day 0]

Post by Dom »

Dom wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:20 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:27 pm
Diiny wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:22 pm gah no roleclaiming/outing really goes against my instincts

how have you found adapting, JJJ? iirc that's how the majority of games are played here
Does this post seem forced to anyone else?

I'm not necessarily scum-reading Diiny for it, but something is off. It just seems to me Diiny is struggling coming up with conversation, but it's striking to me that he singled out Jay only for this inquiry.
i doubt diiny has bstc
i meant dunya
confused y'all.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 70
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

dunya know the difference? ;)
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:41 pmHence part of my suspicion of MP and his accusations of LC falling flat.
As MP may or may not tell you, he actually defended me.

To avoid misinterpretation or whatever: I believe this is mild buddying.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Elohcin wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:57 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:40 pm Hi Blooper!
I'll get the hang of nicknames soon enough 😃

Good luck town! It's 12.40am in Sweden and Monday morning emplloyment awaits.
Ooo, Sweden. I'm fascinated by other places because I've never been off the east coast of the United States.

I think Simon is civ. I agree with MP that his contributions seem solid. I will also say that Simon is right in that we were talking about street fighter costumes for Halloween. We like to dress up as a family sometimes and I was asking who Abigail (my daughter) and I could be. I was unsure of how many girls were in the game. And I brought up how the characters wear almost nothing and we couldn't dress like skanks (well ever!) but specifically at the end of October. Anyway. That's all I'll say about that.

I don't think LC is bad at this time. I'll tell you if I change my mind on that.

I don't think MP is bad atm either. He likes to get his boxers in a bunch Day 1, I've learned thia of him. So I don't pay him any mind.

I don't know who is bad yet, but if I had to guess it would be niju. She is awful chatty for her meta. Maybe she is just happy with that new ring on her finger. But she is definitely acting outside her usual self.

Also, sorry for not being present today. I was out all day with lots to do.
I don't like this handwavy defense of MP.

I don't like her town reading Simon when all Simon has done is town read her. Reads like a congratulations for reaching a conclusion she wants.

(I almost always scumread Eloh but she's almost always bad when we play together.)
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Long Con wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:49 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:41 pmHence part of my suspicion of MP and his accusations of LC falling flat.

Felt like a backtrack for sure.

Him heavily townreading me after I made one joke post also reads as buddying. It has been stated that I tend to read based on myself more than I really should. I've been wary of buddying attempts of late, especially from Mass Effect players.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Long Con wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:46 pm dunya know the difference? ;)
-_-

I don't buy that MP totally thinks you're civ for a second.

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:54 pm

Felt like a backtrack for sure.

Him heavily townreading me after I made one joke post also reads as buddying. It has been stated that I tend to read based on myself more than I really should. I've been wary of buddying attempts of late, especially from Mass Effect players.
but he townread lc first, didn't he?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dom wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:58 pmI don't buy that MP totally thinks you're civ for a second.
Why not? I'm in the elite green of his list, and he's stated more than once that he doesn't think I'm bad, if I recall correctly.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

@Dom

Yes and no.
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:18 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:15 pm To reiterate/clarify a point I made earlier: I don't think Jack was being serious about his desire to vote for me. His temptation to vote for me boiled down to a "That's racist, man!" joke. I read nothing into it. That it was then picked up, apparently, by speedchuck and Long Con is something worth pursuing in the absence of anything more substantial.

Linki x100: Stop posting so I can post!
I think I agree, but I simultaneously also hesitate to scum-read speedchuck or LC for doing something so brazen. Again this is anecdotal, but in my mind more often than not, most people who play scum roles try everything possible to get the spotlight off of them on Day 1, not put it on them. And what speedchuck and LC did was risky if they're scum.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Elohcin wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:24 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:12 pm
Elohcin wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:07 pm Hmm...kind of both actually. When I read her poats, I hear her excited voice. She seems overly happy. Is this just RL infiltrating her mafia meta? Is it that she is bad and wxcited about her role and being on a btsc team? I am unsure as of yet.
Thanks for the elaboration! That's an interesting observation. I'll agree that she is a bit more posty than a typical game although not completely out of character (see: Clue where she and I chatted a lot on D1, if I recall correctly), but I haven't found anything questionable in her content. She could be bad I suppose and hiding behind a lurker vote to avoid having to fake suspicions, and so I questioned her a bit earlier, but I don't have any reason to believe to be true at the moment.

Do you have any thoughts on any of the RYM-based players (Diiny, dunya, Jay, Sloonei) or anyone else for that matter? I assume you would have stated something outstanding otherwise when you said stuff about me/LC/Simon, but I figured it doesn't hurt to ask. :D
I don't have anything to say about the RYM players as it will take me a bit to get to know them first, I think.

You're right that voting blooper really does no good anyway. It would just make it easier for mafia to blend.

I don't have anything to say about the current wagons. I don't understand them, tbh.

I guess I need to vote before going to watch tv with Epi and going to bed. My eyea burn, I'm so tired. Um......has bass even poated anything all game?
Yuck yuck.

Eloh follows this up by voting Bass for the stated purpose of saving Sloonei.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Bold doesn't show up so well. "I don't understand these lynch trains" is the yuck part.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Spacedaisy »

nijuukyugou wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:30 pm
Elohcin wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:07 pm Hmm...kind of both actually. When I read her poats, I hear her excited voice. She seems overly happy. Is this just RL infiltrating her mafia meta? Is it that she is bad and wxcited about her role and being on a btsc team? I am unsure as of yet.
LOL I admit, I'm pinning stuff like mad while checking back here periodically. :blush:
Pinterest is pretty much only for weddings and recipes. I haven't even looked at my Pinterest since our wedding, lol. Have fun!

[mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention] I've noticed that about the mobile linki. I still am unsure how to fix things in the mobile view, I'll add it to my list, thanks for bringing it up!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
malakim2099
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 58

Post by malakim2099 »

Arg. Guys, I admit I was spoiled by HCR doing extended weekend phases, and I spent today packing so I didn't even think about Day 1. My apologies. Working on catching up on the thread now.
Be the Vanguard of Destruction you want to be in the world!
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 87

Post by speedchuck »

Dii is prob town, I think. Despite this next comment.

The push on LC to clarify why he didn't use OT green text to comment on sloonei is pretty much the silliest (to use a nice word) exchange I've ever seen. It made LC look better for no reason. I'm not going to read into the thing on LC much. LC's defense was good, but any townie or scummie can defend against a stupid argument. Hmph.

Tinfoil MP/LC scumteam, with all the buddying and false accusations between them. Just doesn't sit well with me.

My Sloonei vote was random but I'd hoped the pressure would get him to do something. It didn't. :ponder:

I want some non-role-related reads from Simon.

That's pretty much all I got from reading D1: A Rambly Discourse from MP.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

@Speedchuck

What do you think of Eloh?
malakim2099
Stool Pigeon

Post by malakim2099 »

Okay, bearing in mind that I don't know that much about the meta here save JoH, so I get to be like the ghost of Gary Gygax and say "Jesus Hates Metagamers" :beer:

* Not sure about Sloonei right now, but the fact that Elohcin broke the tie in favor of Bass just to make sure Sloonei wasn't lynched doesn't sit well with me. Especially since Bass was town. Not saying that Elochin is scum from that alone, but it definitely moves them up the suspect ladder to me.

* I really don't like the LC/MP discussion as that just seemed to chew up the entire day phase and felt like it was going around in circles. My experience is that, especially with veteran players, that signals opposing factions more often than not. So I think one of them is probably scum. Which one I'm not sure on just yet, though MP looks a bit worse to me just because it feels like they try to dominate the day conversation so it goes the way they want it to go (and not towards their allies).

* And my sole meta-read! JoH strikes me as pretty solid on the town so far. He's not really defending people that I can read on a quick scan, nor is he being overly accusatory to deflect off of him. Let me read more when I have had caffeine and I might say more than that.

Also not used to talking during night phases. This is weird, but kinda cool.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:50 am @Speedchuck

ISO'd her just now.

I give it 65% odds she's bad.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
malakim2099
Stool Pigeon

Post by malakim2099 »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:48 am

ISO'd her just now.

Damn, that is a cool feature.

(I mean, sure, you can search by user in a thread at HCR but this is way more convenient.)
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Did Gary Gygax realy say that?
speedchuck wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:26 amTinfoil MP/LC scumteam, with all the buddying and false accusations between them. Just doesn't sit well with me.
Ugh.
malakim2099
Stool Pigeon

Post by malakim2099 »

Long Con wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:28 am Did Gary Gygax realy say that?
speedchuck wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:26 amTinfoil MP/LC scumteam, with all the buddying and false accusations between them. Just doesn't sit well with me.
Ugh.
No, it's a quote from Wil Wheaton from a Tabletop Season 4 episode "Mysterium." :grin:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

That's a lot to take in. I like ST:TNG, games, AND I have played Mysterium. Plus D&D of course, a la Mr Gygax.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

ISO'd her just now.

Assume Eloh is bad (cause this is otherwise a worthless exercise).

What do you make of her vote and interactions when it comes to Sloonei, Simon, MP and Blooper?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

And LC.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I had Eloh interactions?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Long Con wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:00 am I had Eloh interactions?
Eloh weighed in on you. I know what I think of that. I wanna know what Speed thinks of it.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Elohcin wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:57 pmI don't think LC is bad at this time. I'll tell you if I change my mind on that.
Ah... looks bad to me! :haha:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Long Con wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:28 am
Ugh.
IKR? I generally don't follow tinfoil.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:52 am
ISO'd her just now.

Assume Eloh is bad (cause this is otherwise a worthless exercise).

What do you make of her vote and interactions when it comes to Sloonei, Simon, MP and Blooper?
Actually wait a second

I just looked back at night vale mafia. I recommend checking out Eloh's play there.
She was scum. She wasn't anything like her play in this game. Very committal, making statements, so on. In this game she's wishy-washy and junk. Hm.
Maybe lower that percentage.

If Eloh is scum, though:
Simon prob still town.
Same for sloonei: Eloh's shying away from him looked more like escaping culpability than escaping coalignment.
MP still could be scum, might raise the chances a little on him. Basic defense there.
Eloh probably not a compatible scummate of blooper. I don't see Eloh as the type to throw that particular variety of shade.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 13

Post by DFaraday »

Sorry! I'm here now and catching up.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

DFaraday wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:15 am Sorry! I'm here now and catching up.
Good luck. MP's been on a rampage.

If you could weigh in on Sloonei, MP, Eloh, LC, Diiny, and Simon, that seems to be the focus of discussion. And me. :)

Or heck, make a rainbow. The game isn't huge.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I thought Eloh was wushu washy in Nightvake in the exact same way she is here.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 73
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

ISO'd her just now.

Why?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:35 pm I thought Eloh was wushu washy in Nightvake in the exact same way she is here.
She went back and forth in night vale, but not usually in the same post. A sampling of her D1/N1 posts that game:

"I actually like this response to Epi. I think if someone grasps onto this "reason" for why Tony may be mafia, they should be looked at more closely as maybe being mafia themselves."

"So in other words, you're going to vote for someone based on your weaknesses? I think you may have my vote."

"If I could cqhnge my vote it would be to you. You're acting very scummy."

"I think I'm seeing a town golden."

"Who was it that said, "please don't vote jack" out of nowhere yesterday at end of day 1? I wanted to inquire about that."
Me, that was me. I did that. "Why did you say it?"

In night vale, Eloh flopped back and forth, sure. But she made statements. She called out things, questioned people, made calls on reads. Whereas in this game Eloh has been wishy-washy. I know it's backwards, but meta-wise: Is Eloh's current act just town unsureness?
Or is Eloh's more confident act something she does when scumhunting, since night vale had two scumteams? That would make her more scummy this game.

linki: Because of her non-committal statements, Sloon. I'm trying to figure out if Eloh's meta points one way or another right now.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 13

Post by DFaraday »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:19 am
DFaraday wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:15 am Sorry! I'm here now and catching up.
Good luck. MP's been on a rampage.

If you could weigh in on Sloonei, MP, Eloh, LC, Diiny, and Simon, that seems to be the focus of discussion. And me. :)

Or heck, make a rainbow. The game isn't huge.
The MP/LC thing really didn't go anywhere. I don't feel like it helped anything, but I don't suspect MP for latching onto something minor, especially on Day 1.

Simon sounds like perfectly ordinary Simon to me. Eloh has been contributing and reads genuine to me.

Sloonei's posts feel good to me, and him voting Bass is sensible given his situation.

Diiny and Dunya keep getting mixed up in my mind, but I'm reading both civ. Diiny in particular comes off as supatown.

The only person I've felt any suspicion towards is Ninja. She's made a fair few posts, but not much in the way of memorable content. She's coming across as noncommittal to me.

EBWOP: I'm not one to go for meta, but Eloh's contributions this game feel in keeping with her usual civ style, I think.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 50

Post by dunya »

Dom wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:43 pm
Diiny wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:22 pm gah no roleclaiming/outing really goes against my instincts

how have you found adapting, JJJ? iirc that's how the majority of games are played here

I'm not necessarily scum-reading Diiny for it, but something is off. It just seems to me Diiny is struggling coming up with conversation, but it's striking to me that he singled out Jay only for this inquiry.
i doubt diiny has bstc
i meant dunya
confused y'all.
what is bstc and why do you doubt i have it?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:26 am Dii is prob town, I think. Despite this next comment.

The push on LC to clarify why he didn't use OT green text to comment on sloonei is pretty much the silliest (to use a nice word) exchange I've ever seen. It made LC look better for no reason. I'm not going to read into the thing on LC much. LC's defense was good, but any townie or scummie can defend against a stupid argument. Hmph.

Tinfoil MP/LC scumteam, with all the buddying and false accusations between them. Just doesn't sit well with me.
...I'm confused.

Why did you vote for LC then?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

From what I recall, LC is a player who likes to be bold when he's scum. I remember a specific example from a fairly recent game, but which game it was and what exactly he did, I do not recall. It's there though. That said, I have a hard time agreeing with MP's assertion that a scum LC would "try everything possible" to avoid the spotlight. Generally a good rule to hunt by, but I don't think it applies to the player he was applying it to here:
Long Con wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:01 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:18 pmI think I agree, but I simultaneously also hesitate to scum-read speedchuck or LC for doing something so brazen. Again this is anecdotal, but in my mind more often than not, most people who play scum roles try everything possible to get the spotlight off of them on Day 1, not put it on them. And what speedchuck and LC did was risky if they're scum.
That's ridiculous. I didn't do anything risky by agreeing that it's weird to call Dhalsim an alien.

You are bad in this game, MP. I can smell it on you. You're trying too hard on this.

*vote MovingPictures07*
That said, I found this to be a bit of an aggressive reaction from LC. While things like this also seem typical of early-game Long Con, I can't not question him a little. While I did not find him suspicious for labeling my Dhalsim alien comments "weird", I don't think it's "ridiculous" for MP to have engaged in a discussion about it in the early parts of Day 1, and I think there absolutely exists an argument for him potentially "fanning the flames" of a possible suspicion against me. It's not the argument that I would support, but I would not deny its credibility. His post history after this is almost entirely MP & Diiny-related. He gets no pings from Diiny, but does not flinch on his "MP is definitely bad" position because of what he perceives to be a dishonest handling of the situation by our Sock Commander. I do not perceive this dishonesty. I'd ask LC if he can see any town motivations for MP to have pursued this line of discussion.

I'd also ask him for fresh reads on new players. Hey LC, got any thoughts on players not named MovingPictures or Diiny?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

EBWOP, let's pretend I know how to format things.

From what I recall, LC is a player who likes to be bold when he's scum. I remember a specific example from a fairly recent game, but which game it was and what exactly he did, I do not recall. It's there though. That said, I have a hard time agreeing with MP's assertion that a scum LC would "try everything possible" to avoid the spotlight. Generally a good rule to hunt by, but I don't think it applies to the player he was applying it to here:
Long Con wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:01 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:18 pmI think I agree, but I simultaneously also hesitate to scum-read speedchuck or LC for doing something so brazen. Again this is anecdotal, but in my mind more often than not, most people who play scum roles try everything possible to get the spotlight off of them on Day 1, not put it on them. And what speedchuck and LC did was risky if they're scum.
That's ridiculous. I didn't do anything risky by agreeing that it's weird to call Dhalsim an alien.

You are bad in this game, MP. I can smell it on you. You're trying too hard on this.

*vote MovingPictures07*
That said, I found this to be a bit of an aggressive reaction from LC. While things like this also seem typical of early-game Long Con, I can't not question him a little. While I did not find him suspicious for labeling my Dhalsim alien comments "weird", I don't think it's "ridiculous" for MP to have engaged in a discussion about it in the early parts of Day 1, and I think there absolutely exists an argument for him potentially "fanning the flames" of a possible suspicion against me. It's not the argument that I would support, but I would not deny its credibility. His post history after this is almost entirely MP & Diiny-related. He gets no pings from Diiny, but does not flinch on his "MP is definitely bad" position because of what he perceives to be a dishonest handling of the situation by our Sock Commander. I do not perceive this dishonesty. I'd ask LC if he can see any town motivations for MP to have pursued this line of discussion.

I'd also ask him for fresh reads on new players. Hey LC, got any thoughts on players not named MovingPictures or Diiny?
[/quote]
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I don't like this voting for someone who doesn't post. I'm not saying MP is scummy because he initiated it, I just think it sucks for all. can't no shows be replaced with other players?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

dunya wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:57 pm

i doubt diiny has bstc
i meant dunya
confused y'all.
Behind The Scenes Communication
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

dunya wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:04 pm I don't like this voting for someone who doesn't post. I'm not saying MP is scummy because he initiated it, I just think it sucks for all. can't no shows be replaced with other players?
Have your thoughts on LC progressed at all since you left yesterday?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:44 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:35 pm I thought Eloh was wushu washy in Nightvake in the exact same way she is here.
She went back and forth in night vale, but not usually in the same post. A sampling of her D1/N1 posts that game:

"I actually like this response to Epi. I think if someone grasps onto this "reason" for why Tony may be mafia, they should be looked at more closely as maybe being mafia themselves."

"So in other words, you're going to vote for someone based on your weaknesses? I think you may have my vote."

"If I could cqhnge my vote it would be to you. You're acting very scummy."

"I think I'm seeing a town golden."

"Who was it that said, "please don't vote jack" out of nowhere yesterday at end of day 1? I wanted to inquire about that."
Me, that was me. I did that. "Why did you say it?"

In night vale, Eloh flopped back and forth, sure. But she made statements. She called out things, questioned people, made calls on reads. Whereas in this game Eloh has been wishy-washy. I know it's backwards, but meta-wise: Is Eloh's current act just town unsureness?
Or is Eloh's more confident act something she does when scumhunting, since night vale had two scumteams? That would make her more scummy this game.

linki: Because of her non-committal statements, Sloon. I'm trying to figure out if Eloh's meta points one way or another right now.
How's about

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 42#p365942

and

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 30#p366030

Pretending not to understand a case and jump the gun voting for someone she doesn't actually suspect? That's what bad Eloh did in Nightvale and that looks like what she's doing here, too.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:04 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:57 pm

i doubt diiny has bstc
i meant dunya
confused y'all.
Behind The Scenes Communication
His remark doesn't make sense to me, so did he really mean Diiny instead of dunya despite getting confused and saying he meant dunya instead of Diiny...since the convo was on Diiny?

I don't see the similarities in our names, tbh. :p
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:07 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:04 pm I don't like this voting for someone who doesn't post. I'm not saying MP is scummy because he initiated it, I just think it sucks for all. can't no shows be replaced with other players?
I felt he got rather defensive, in an agitated sort of way, especially with MP who for the most part was defending him. I'm not sure yet how I interpret that.

It's pretty exciting and challenging playing with brand new people who I have no idea how they usually react so I'm reading other people's interpretations of character and posts and relying a bit on the info I get here and there of what seems odd and unlike their usual meta, etc.

I get what LC said, but somehow I just don't buy it that he was talking out of character in some OT banter just yet so I'll keep an eye on him. :eye:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

dunya wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:21 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:07 pm
I felt he got rather defensive, in an agitated sort of way, especially with MP who for the most part was defending him. I'm not sure yet how I interpret that.

It's pretty exciting and challenging playing with brand new people who I have no idea how they usually react so I'm reading other people's interpretations of character and posts and relying a bit on the info I get here and there of what seems odd and unlike their usual meta, etc.

I get what LC said, but somehow I just don't buy it that he was talking out of character in some OT banter just yet so I'll keep an eye on him. :eye:
Do you have any thoughts worth sharing on those of us you are familiar with?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Well, I'm getting town reads from JJJ so far
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:43 pm Oh sorry: WHY?
Jay asked three questions with bold, underlined, and italicized WHYs. My initial reaction is it's a character stipulation of some sort.
These sort of stipulations (if I am right) tend to be town-based.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I took that as him putting a playfully intense emphasis on all his questions/demands for content. I could be wrong though.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”