But who cares it's for fun
38%

Total votes: 21
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 65

Re: The Search for Quin [Day 2]

Post by speedchuck »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:18 pm Whoever is bad was more fearful of Wilgy than of me.
Or you're scum. But I don't think you'd say this as scum. Also you're a town read.
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 120

Post by Epignosis »

speedchuck wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:49 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:18 pm Whoever is bad was more fearful of Wilgy than of me.
Or you're scum. But I don't think you'd say this as scum. Also you're a town read.
Demoralized after the lynch is more like it. I don't think you are bad, but I'm not going to defend you anymore.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I did defend speedchuck, so there's that.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

My advice is to lynch someone who looked too clean Day 1. Several people fit that description.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 196
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:24 pm My advice is to lynch someone who looked too clean Day 1. Several people fit that description.
I assume I am on that list along with others. Who are they?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'm voting for nutella.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 40
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Why me?
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 56
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: The Search for Quin [Day 1]

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:29 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:39 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:33 pm Alright, switching my vote to @NewTraditionalist because the fact that this guy hasn't come to play with us yet is perhaps most disconcerting of all! :p

Seriously man, what do you think of all this stuff that's been said? I know it's probably tough to acquaint yourself with a bunch of content in your first online game ever, but I know you have it in you to bring some serious insight. What you got?
At this point of the day, this is as useless a vote as someone could possibly make. No one will lynch NT and the probability of him showing up in this short timeframe is nearly zero so if youre bad you have gotted rid of your responsibility to vote in an easy way.
NT is just as likely to be town or scum as anyone else. How is this useless? I'm generating discussion. Someone has to help get him involved in the game somehow; I know him IRL and thought I was suited to do so.
If he didnt post, there would be no useful discussion coming from it, and you would have gotten yourself an easy vote. That is the issue.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

MovingPictures07 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:31 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:09 pm I don't actually want to lynch DDL today and he's shared a good amount of thoughts for now. So I'm moving my vote to Epignosis.
What constitutes a "good amount" of thoughts, and why specifically would such a quantity of posts mean DDL is an undesirable lynch?
That is a good point actually. It could be interpreted that Sloonei was testing my wagon, and when I showed up and started defending myself and arguing with people, it became a harder lynch so he moved to the next one.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

MovingPictures07 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:36 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:28 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:07 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:53 pm About Epi: I cant read him to save myself. The way he is playing (tunneling on people for arbitrary reasons) is his MO regardlessly of alignment.

Im also skimming most of his argument with LC tbh.

He goes straight to my big neutral pile.

I wanna vote for one of MP, Nutella or LC.
Tell me about MP. I was just going to say that I want him and Epi to be discussed most of all right now. Epi for the reasons I highlighteated earlier, and MP because his reads seemed almost labored, if that's fair to say. He mostly seemed to just make passing observations at the level of activity of certain players without much intuitive or dynamic responses to events of the thread. I find the brief flare up between MP & Daisy to be particularly intriguing, though I'm not sure what to read into it yet. But any time two players who know each as closely as those two know each other are involved in something like that, it's worth taking note of.
It seems to me like Daisy took offense in MP's vote or saw something she did not like. It would he good to hear her follow-up thoughts on that whole episode. @Spacedaisy
Not more than what I already gave. Also at the risk of parroting them, seeing MP and Daisy poke each other makes me feel sus, because couples tend to be really good at reading each other from what Ive seen. My money is on one of them being bad.
I don't like this post; you're setting up a false dichotomy where one of me and Daisy is likely bad based on little reason: my vote of her was a pressure vote and hers was a reaction.
Im pointing out at what I see as possible meaningful evidece so it doesnt go unexamined. If the dochotomy is wrong I can only shrug.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Re: The Search for Quin [Night 1]

Quin wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:59 pm Oh, how I pity thee.
I love your new avatar.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Ricochet »

hey guys did you find Quin

I want to mail him some pizza rolls

made them myself
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

nutella wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:23 pm sorry I didn't know about the phase shortening but it was very short notice and I wasn't able to catch up and see it in time due to forces that were out of my control. and I agree with Epi that phases should not be shortened like this, especially with such little warning. I could have had a chance at preventing the lynch of a powerful civ role but nope. Not that I entirely blame this circumstance for that -- definitely annoyed at the people who switched to LC last minute. Speedchuck was a way better candidate but yall blew it.
What do you intend to accomplish with this criticism? Lowering our morale?
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 24

Post by DrWilgy »

now Quin (me) is 6 ft under... oh well.

Good luck town.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:04 am
MovingPictures07 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:31 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:09 pm I don't actually want to lynch DDL today and he's shared a good amount of thoughts for now. So I'm moving my vote to Epignosis.
What constitutes a "good amount" of thoughts, and why specifically would such a quantity of posts mean DDL is an undesirable lynch?
That is a good point actually. It could be interpreted that Sloonei was testing my wagon, and when I showed up and started defending myself and arguing with people, it became a harder lynch so he moved to the next one.
And maybe you're testing the bandwagon against me right now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:55 amWhy me?
It feels like you are coasting it a bit. I don't remember a whole lot of in depth posting or independent reads from you yet this game. Just the vague speedchuck thing abd a little jab at DDL.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 44

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Spacedaisy wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:59 pm I'm not bad. But if you all feel like lynching me tomorrow I'm not fighting it. I've got a lot on my plate. But if you're civ, it will only be a loss to you. If you're bad, well it gets you a step closer to a win, but I'm totally vanilla so it won't accomplish much as far as getting rid of any other power roles. Whatever man.
Why the change in attitude all of a sudden? It feels like you're just giving up.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

RIP Wilgy, you wild and crazy SOB you.

I'm kind of lost in terms of who to look at right now. And I won't be super active this phase due to my work schedule, but I will do what I can.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Epignosis wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:24 pm My advice is to lynch someone who looked too clean Day 1. Several people fit that description.
While that could certainly be a good thing to look at, to play Devil's Advocate, couldn't this be viewed as you trying to move attention away from yourself? It's not like you weren't put under the microscope to a certain degree on D1.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:46 am RIP Wilgy, you wild and crazy SOB you.

I'm kind of lost in terms of who to look at right now. And I won't be super active this phase due to my work schedule, but I will do what I can.
What is your impression of MP?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:47 am
birdwithteeth11 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:46 am RIP Wilgy, you wild and crazy SOB you.

What is your impression of MP?
I had him as a town read earlier. But he has fallen off the grid a bit, probably due to PhD stuff. So it's a bit murkier right now until he comes back and catches up on more recent events. So my read on him has dropped to somewhere in the slight town to null read.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

I think what is throwing me off is Wilgy swtiching the lynch at the last second to LC, and then both LC and Wilgy being revealed to be civ. As well as confirming how many times I associate Wilgy as a mafia player who plays fast and loose. So I'm hoping I can get my grounding here again soon.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:59 am I think what is throwing me off is Wilgy swtiching the lynch at the last second to LC, and then both LC and Wilgy being revealed to be civ. As well as confirming how many times I associate Wilgy as a mafia player who plays fast and loose. So I'm hoping I can get my grounding here again soon.
What are your initial ungrounded thoughts on this?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:47 am
While that could certainly be a good thing to look at, to play Devil's Advocate, couldn't this be viewed as you trying to move attention away from yourself? It's not like you weren't put under the microscope to a certain degree on D1.
I am always baffled when people say, "You're just trying to move attention away from yourself."

Anything someone says other than, "Hey guys, you should pay attention to me" can be construed to mean "I'm just trying to move attention away from myself."

It's an empty thing to say. People will pay attention to whatever they want to pay attention to.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 40
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:58 am
It feels like you are coasting it a bit. I don't remember a whole lot of in depth posting or independent reads from you yet this game. Just the vague speedchuck thing abd a little jab at DDL.
I'd say it's more than a little jab as I've been naming DDL as a top suspect for quite a while now. Granted, my inclination to look his way initially stemmed from you throwing a vote at him, but I feel that I've independently developed my own read of him. If I've otherwise been "coasting" or going with the flow of the thread, well, that's kinda just how I do. :shrug:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Spacedaisy »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:43 am
Spacedaisy wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:59 pm I'm not bad. But if you all feel like lynching me tomorrow I'm not fighting it. I've got a lot on my plate. But if you're civ, it will only be a loss to you. If you're bad, well it gets you a step closer to a win, but I'm totally vanilla so it won't accomplish much as far as getting rid of any other power roles. Whatever man.
Why the change in attitude all of a sudden? It feels like you're just giving up.
Just busy is all. I don't particularly want to be lynched, but various people have expressed the suspicion of me so I'm just kind of whatever.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Stop watching football, you goons.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:51 pm Stop watching football, you goons.
I swear I'll have time tomorrow for all of the analysis
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Quin »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:25 am
Quin wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:59 pm Oh, how I pity thee.
I love your new avatar.
It's about time it got some recognition.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 31

Post by Dom »

who bad
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:03 am
birdwithteeth11 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:59 am I think what is throwing me off is Wilgy swtiching the lynch at the last second to LC, and then both LC and Wilgy being revealed to be civ. As well as confirming how many times I associate Wilgy as a mafia player who plays fast and loose. So I'm hoping I can get my grounding here again soon.
Well we know now that they're both civs, so I'm not sure if it really tells us anything else that is useful. Do you have any thoughts on it?
Serge
The Mark
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Serge »

I'm sorry I haven't been around, I'll try to catch up within 24 hours.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

BWT's ISO:
Lies about having info for N1 poll, claims that it was to start conversation
Reads Epi as good, Long Con as ???
Suggests a plan to lynch LC, and then if LC flips good, lynch Epi. Then comments that he thinks it's neutral/neutral (town/town). Could have been a joke.
BWT re-quotes the first 5 posts of the LC/Epig thing, then votes LC. Claims that reading it again influenced his opinion. Still claims his vote is weak. Combo of over-justifying his vote yet with no substance and claiming his read was weak as he votes.
Reads Sloon as questionable for moving off of LC and "throwing shade" on BWT for his N0 infoclaim. Backs off a bit when questioned.
BWT doesn't trust arguments that involve previous game history. He replies to LC and says it strengthens his suspicion of LC. Even though Epig was the one who brough up the argument in the fist place.
Disagrees with my mafia philosophy. But then again, most people probably do.
BWT pulls back again on his LC v Epi read, again suggests that it's civ v civ. "starting to feel like it's not enough to warrant a D1 vote."
Votes for me because of an inconsistency with my town reads, and because disagreeing with my mafia philosophy is a "logic fail." Neither of these make sense as scum moves, and one of them is VASTLY hypocritical.
Read list:
-Moderate Town: MP BWT
-Slight Town: Epig Sloonei SD
-Null: Dom DDL Wilgy NewTraditionalist Nutella sanmateo Serge
-Slight Scum: LC
-Moderate Scum: speedchuck
Showing that I am suddenly in the pits, and that BWT is once again taking sides on the LC v Epi thing.
When epi defends my inconsistency, BWT points out that he's been lynched D1 as town for the same. (Wut? How is this ... agh) and then claims there's more to my read than inconcistency, citing something he apparently said (he said nothing other than inconsistency.)
Votes C in the night poll.
Pressures Nutella for saying that LC was the worst role to lose. Epi joins in. I don't understand why. Like, what. LC's role was super powerful, and this game only has 3 power roles at most. I think.
Defends this semantical anal argument after it's been going on for several posts.
Puts a tiny bit of pressure on SpaceDaisy for "giving up" in her "I don't have time for this crap" post.
Claims that he is lost as to who to look for.
Puts suspicion on Epi for advising that town look at someone that looks clean. "This draws attention away from you"
Opinion of MP is murky because of... inactivity. Null.
Still claims again to be ungrounded because of wilgy's switch lynch. Not sure how that follows. When questioned on this, he shrugs hard.

I'm going to do more of these like this, and then see how I feel about it. For now, I'm more confused by BWT's play than suspicious of it. Still suspicious though.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Epignosis wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:56 pm
birdwithteeth11 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:47 am
I am always baffled when people say, "You're just trying to move attention away from yourself."

Anything someone says other than, "Hey guys, you should pay attention to me" can be construed to mean "I'm just trying to move attention away from myself."

It's an empty thing to say. People will pay attention to whatever they want to pay attention to.
Fair enough then. Just poking around as the opportunities arise.

Are there any "clean" players you are looking at in particular for today?
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

speedchuck wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:41 am BWT's ISO:
Lies about having info for N1 poll, claims that it was to start conversation
Reads Epi as good, Long Con as ???
Suggests a plan to lynch LC, and then if LC flips good, lynch Epi. Then comments that he thinks it's neutral/neutral (town/town). Could have been a joke.
BWT re-quotes the first 5 posts of the LC/Epig thing, then votes LC. Claims that reading it again influenced his opinion. Still claims his vote is weak. Combo of over-justifying his vote yet with no substance and claiming his read was weak as he votes.
Reads Sloon as questionable for moving off of LC and "throwing shade" on BWT for his N0 infoclaim. Backs off a bit when questioned.
BWT doesn't trust arguments that involve previous game history. He replies to LC and says it strengthens his suspicion of LC. Even though Epig was the one who brough up the argument in the fist place.
Disagrees with my mafia philosophy. But then again, most people probably do.
BWT pulls back again on his LC v Epi read, again suggests that it's civ v civ. "starting to feel like it's not enough to warrant a D1 vote."
Votes for me because of an inconsistency with my town reads, and because disagreeing with my mafia philosophy is a "logic fail." Neither of these make sense as scum moves, and one of them is VASTLY hypocritical.
Read list:
-Moderate Town: MP BWT
-Slight Town: Epig Sloonei SD
-Null: Dom DDL Wilgy NewTraditionalist Nutella sanmateo Serge
-Slight Scum: LC
-Moderate Scum: speedchuck
Showing that I am suddenly in the pits, and that BWT is once again taking sides on the LC v Epi thing.
When epi defends my inconsistency, BWT points out that he's been lynched D1 as town for the same. (Wut? How is this ... agh) and then claims there's more to my read than inconcistency, citing something he apparently said (he said nothing other than inconsistency.)
Votes C in the night poll.
Pressures Nutella for saying that LC was the worst role to lose. Epi joins in. I don't understand why. Like, what. LC's role was super powerful, and this game only has 3 power roles at most. I think.
Defends this semantical anal argument after it's been going on for several posts.
Puts a tiny bit of pressure on SpaceDaisy for "giving up" in her "I don't have time for this crap" post.
Claims that he is lost as to who to look for.
Puts suspicion on Epi for advising that town look at someone that looks clean. "This draws attention away from you"
Opinion of MP is murky because of... inactivity. Null.
Still claims again to be ungrounded because of wilgy's switch lynch. Not sure how that follows. When questioned on this, he shrugs hard.

I'm going to do more of these like this, and then see how I feel about it. For now, I'm more confused by BWT's play than suspicious of it. Still suspicious though.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

MP07:

Conjures discussion about the search function, and what it might do.
Follows up with BWT on his infoclaim
"Why would someone of either alignment fake claim information?" - in response to Nutella wondering if she should trust BWT.
Questions Wilgy's vote for West Aus.
Questions why Epi would suspect him for gregarious posting.
Questions LC's statement (actually a joke I guess wth) about Epi trying too hard.
"Epi's a town read" in response to Epi's response to LC's read on Epi.
Epi townread, LC is ??? GTH townread.
speedchuck is town read.
Thinks BWT's claim is reasonable, lengthy explanation follows, again "why would BWT lie?"
MP/BWT probably too out-of-sync to be w/w? Dunno.
MP, after someone's comment: 'wouldn't put it past BWT to lie about this for shits, but hopes that's not the case'
MP MPsplains to Epi that he keeps the atmosphere friendly, even if it rings false to some. Thus the gregarious posting comment from earlier.
Agrees with sloon about LC's suspicious backtracking.
Points out that, based on day post, BWT was either mistaken or lying.
Defends bwt. Indecisiveness and cavalier speech are apparently BWT town hallmarks. Also the brazen lie NO.
Metatownread for BWT. Seems strong.
Says DDL is 'uncharacteristically tame this game'.
Applauds Epi's meta case on LC.
Says Sanmateo looks good for being worried about LC v Epi being a thing. Townie concern.
Gives another bit of meta info on BWT: His N0 thing could indeed be scum WIFOM. But still seems genuine.
Clarifies his town read on Epi by noting the genuine pursuing playstyle.
Votes for waifu Spacedaist since she hasn't been posting.

READING RAINBOW:
Moderate Town -- would NOT vote: birdwithteeth11 Epignosis sanmateo
Slight Town -- would NOT vote: speedchuck
Neutral-- would potentially vote: Dom DragonD.Luffy DrWilgy NewTraditionalist nutella Serge Spacedaisy
Slight Mafia-- would potentially vote: Long Con Sloonei

Wary of sloonei, says Sloon's attempts to start discussion don't seem genuine. Sloon is "Hoppy, doesn't seem interested in generating reads". Maybe paranoia.
Gets voted by waifu Spacedaisy for voting her despite knowing how busy she is. Feels tentatively okay about her reaction.
Votes nutella. No explanation given.
Confronted by Sloonei, explains that he almost put sloon as neutral but gutread him as slight scum. promises to ISO.
Like daisy's fire with which she responded. ;)
Gives a wall of test for Sloon ISO. Key bits: Predictable, moving/shifting with thread, many questions but few read results, leaving feathers unruffled, testing BWT as possible mislynch, backing off. Stands by slight scum read.
Asks if Sloon thinks the questioning is unfair.
MPsplains to Spacedaisy that his vote was a pressure vote, relies on meta.
Appreciates a defense from Sloon regarding his BWT vote, enough to pursue others. Still is wary about sloon.
In response to nutella being torn on LC, MP brings up a maybe-existent game in which Epi pursued Nutella as a town/town thing. Asks if anyone remembers.
Switches to another lurker, NT.
Votes for speedchuck over townread inconsistency.
Doesn't have the impression that Epi is being deceptive.
Asks for clarifications from DDL, regarding LC, nutella's fence-sitting, and DDL's townread on Sloonei.
Defends his vote on NT as something to help get NT into the game.
Sloon says MP's reads are 'labored'. MP dismisses this.
Questions Sloon for not wanting to lynch DDL. Sloon's given reasons (DDL's "good amount" of thoughts) don't cut it.
Continues trying to get stuff out of NT.
Epi looks at MP's lurker votes (but not Dom) and lays out a possibility for a planned vote/response between MP and waifu spacedaisy. MP defends his votes. Spacedaisy takes the rest.
Doesn't like DDL's "one of MP and Daisy must be bad if they're having trouble reading each other" b/c it was a pressure vote/response thing.
Laughs at NT's vote of Wilgy.
Clarifies his vote of me some more. Key notes: Inconsistent town reads, shifting opinions w/o support, and complaining about the day going in circles when speedchucks posts are as well.
Unsure about DDL. Doesn't agree with him, not ready to scumread him.
Spacedaisy scumreads MP. MP says: "you're either bad trying to get me mislynched or just a townie wrong about me" lol. Tru that. MP leans toward the latter.
MP reiterates his suspicion of speedchuck.
"Daisy is wrong about me and Wilgy is right? What the hell? What universe is this?" We get it MP, you claim town.
Clarifies his meta reasons for not having many scumreads, and again reiterates his reasons for suspecting speedchuck.
When Epi questions MP about spacedaisy's accuracy when reading MP, he says she's usually accurate and then shrugs.
Convinces waifu to vote for a townie speechuck

READ-IT-AGAIN RAINBOW:
Moderate Town -- would NOT vote: Epignosis sanmateo
Slight Town -- would NOT vote: birdwithteeth11 DrWilgy nutella Spacedaisy
Neutral-- would potentially vote: Dom Dragon D. Luffy NewTraditionalist Serge
Slight Mafia-- would potentially vote: Long Con Sloonei
Moderate Mafia-- would prefer to lynch: speedchuck

Asks BWT and Epi for reads.
Hemms and hawws over Epi's defense of speedchuck. Considers moving off speedchuck to sloon or LC. Switches to LC.
Asks nutella about what she is doing with her vote.
Says a vote for speedchuck or LC is okay.

And the marathon concludes.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Nutella:

ISO: (22 matches) oh thank the heavens.

Questions the trust of BWT's infoclaim.
Clarfies "He could be maf and claiming for the result that would help him"
Votes queensland
Epi vs LC, aka "El Clásico"
Hesitant to suspect LC
Catching up: Town on LC and BWT for obvious reasons. Might join sloon in DDL vote. Townreads sloon.
not feeling great about speedchuck, cites him moving off of LC suspicion.
Misses deadline due to RL constraints and deadline moving around. Tried to vote speechuck. Feels same about DDL.
"Worst role to lose :rolleyes:" - catches flak for this for some reason
Complains about the general circumstances of poll moving and head explosions(different game)
Decent defense for her statement about worst role to lose. IT'S A HEIST
Annoyed at people who switched to LC (eidtor's note: That's you, MP) and says speedchuck was a better candidate
Claims epi's process is flawed (Editor's note: Not how processes work), but then brought up speedchuck's earlier point that Epi didn't look at LC's town games to check if LC's play was inconsistent with that. Did not cite sources. 0/100
Oop, nevermind, sources cited.
Reiterates suspicion of DDL for non-genuineness. Suspicion of speedchuck has slipped behind DDL, fear of tunneling.
"Fairly likely Mp or daisy is bad, but hard to tell." MP and speedchuck not w/w. Can't have been bussing. Could see bad daisy.
NT seems like "either a newbie with btsc teammates or a particularly confident transplant from another site", probably latter.

RAIIIIIIIINBOOOOOOW:
Light-to-moderate town read: birdwithteeth11 Epignosis sanmateo Sloonei
Neutral or no read: Dom DrWilgy MovingPictures07 NewTraditionalist Serge
Light mafia read: Spacedaisy speedchuck
Moderate mafia read: Dragon D. Luffy

Looked at DDL ISO, vibe not genuine. Doesn't like post where DDL says he's trying to change town style. Sounds like excuse, self conscious, explainy. Other posts are weak, low-effort.
Forgot to vote in the night poll.
Sloon suspects nutella. "Why me?" Sloon says nut's only had the vague speedchuck thing and a little jab at DDL. Nutella responds:
"More than a little jab. Top suspect. Any other coasting is *shrug*"
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Taking a break.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

People wilgy suspected/pushed/pressured/questioned:

BWT early, just a little questioning
(if hungry means wanting to lynch) MP
NT sorta
Nutella got pushed a little strongly
Spacedaisy

Kill analysis: Wilgy was a good choice for scum. He can probably be dangerous in the later game, but hadn't left enough of an impression on the game for me to do a lot with nightkill analysis. Seriously, go ISO him and see if you can get something out of that.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I have this thing with my rainbow where, at the moment, the top townreads are pretty solid but I keep shifting the bottom around randomly.

It sucks.

How about I do it like this:
speedchuck
Epignosis
Sloonei

nutella
sanmateo

Serge
Dom
MovingPictures07
Dragon D. Luffy
birdwithteeth11
NewTraditionalist
Spacedaisy

See my issue? My gut tells me to put BWT, MP07, and maybe some lurkers lower, but my head tells me that I don't have anything solid.
Rereading spacedaisy though has her pretty solidly last, much as I hate to say it. Tone, presence, passive-aggressive way of defending herself, the way she slowly switches from defense to helping push the man lynch trains without calling attention to herself, etc.

I'd post an ISO for her, maybe still will. But that MP07 ISO took a lot out of me.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Super interested in Epi's Serge vote. I'll read over him real quick. Serge, that is.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:29 pm Super interested in Epi's Serge vote. I'll read over him real quick. Serge, that is.
Oh, never mind.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Serge wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:21 pm Jist checking in. Now resuming on something else.
Serge wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:22 am Oh hey, this already started. I'm free from the game I subbed in now, so I can finally start here. Looks like the heat is already on?
Serge wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:20 am I'm sorry I haven't been around, I'll try to catch up within 24 hours.
All of Serge's posts could fit on a T-shirt and be readable from across the street.

There is nothing here to judge, except that "Looks like the heat is already on?" is a subtle way to fan the flames of a civilian-on-civilian lynch without getting involved himself. If Serge had read enough to ask that "the heat is already on," I would have expected some sort of opinion either way.

Also, a comma splice. :eye:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

The following only makes me weep.
Dom wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:16 pm sup fam i forgot mafia was happening someone catch me up pls
Dom wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:31 am ok tbh i did the biggest skim of all time bc i really do't have the time or energy to fully catch up and i'm also *catching up* on another game so lol whoops

i take it mp made waves and sloonei / speedchuck r like lol u bad
nutella is the same with ddl
Dom wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:33 am ok and lc was supatown
Dom wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:14 pmwho bad
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

NewTraditionalist wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:21 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:27 pm
NewTraditionalist wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:14 pm Howdy, all. Delurking to encourage MP (and anyone on the fence) to vote anyone but me. I don't know all of the jargon yet so I'm not really sure where to vote but a vote for me is a vote to kill an honest man.
This is a lie.
Here's a vote. :D
This morsel strikes me as genuine. That NewTraditionalist voted Wilgy just for Wilgy (jokingly?) calling him bad, and then Wilgy getting greased (when Wilgy didn't even vote NT in the end) doesn't make me think any of this calculated.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 330
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm sorry folks, I worked as much as possible from 6:00AM-9:00PM last night and pretty similar the previous day, and I'm currently recovering a bit from that. I'll be around sporadically before EoD.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:40 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:58 am
I'd say it's more than a little jab as I've been naming DDL as a top suspect for quite a while now. Granted, my inclination to look his way initially stemmed from you throwing a vote at him, but I feel that I've independently developed my own read of him. If I've otherwise been "coasting" or going with the flow of the thread, well, that's kinda just how I do. :shrug:
I think my hesitation stems from the highlighted portion of this post. It's true that you are naming DDL as your top suspect, but so far I have not seen much in the way of strong analysis or conviction to merit his "top suspect" status in your eyes. Instead it seems to me like you are just naming him a top suspect for the sake of having a top suspect and not digging as deeply into it or other things as I've seen in past games from you.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I also would give DDL a tentative town read on my hypothetical rainbow. His initial response to Long Con/Epi on Day 1 was something that grabbed my attention, but only because I was placing an emphasis on everyone's responses to Long Con and Epi. Since then I feel like DDL has done well with what little time he apparently has available to him for this game. He's shared his thoughts openly and without any sign of hesitation despite being limited in what he can do for RL reasons.

I'd be open to hearing a case against him, of course.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:12 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:03 am
Well we know now that they're both civs, so I'm not sure if it really tells us anything else that is useful. Do you have any thoughts on it?
As is always the case when a civilian gets lynched, I think it's reasonable to speculate that at least one baddie was on board with their lynch, so it might be wise to take a look at the LC bandwagon and votes again.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:48 pm Image
I thought more people voted for LC. My current inclination is to say that MP is more suspicious than Epi, but I have not done any thorough digging since the end of Day 1 and I only read over the end of day briefly after the fact.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Heists”