Total votes: 21
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 330
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: The Search for Quin [Day 4]

Post by Tangrowth »

If Dom is the last baddie, why doesn't he give a shit at all? He hasn't even been here to cast his vote and there's less than hour left.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 196
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:58 pm But sure, why Dom? And if not that 80%, what's the 20%?
I arrived at Dom through process of elimination, same as you. Only I have the luxury of being able to remove myself from that process. The other 20% is general skepticism. Maybe Serge's defeated attitude was a caluclated ploys. Maybe NT is playing the noob card and actually knows exactly what he's doing. Maybe you or daisy are killing it. There are a million hypotheticals, but the most logical choice to me is Dom.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:03 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:02 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:57 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:57 pm MP, I'll ask you again to entertain the idea that I am town and all I want to do right now is work with you to figure out who the last scum is. Please. It's not me. I'm about 80% certain it's Dom.
If it is you and you don't get lynched today, we've almost certainly lost.
How? If we're correct that there's only 1 scum left, then we should have another 2 mislynches in the tank, shouldn't we?
Well, considering you had no suspicion on you before me, and NT, Dom, and BWT are all wild cards for missing each vote, the sense of urgency needs to be high right now. If all three of them are town or even two of them are, which is almost guaranteed, that's as many as two+ missing votes each cycle.
Yell at them to get over here.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I see literally no mentions of or interactions with Dom in either sanmateo or DDL's posts.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:04 pm If Dom is the last baddie, why doesn't he give a shit at all? He hasn't even been here to cast his vote and there's less than hour left.
Good question. I don't have an answer. He hasn't appeared heavily invested in this game either way.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Well, I did at mention them earlier, so at least if they log onto the site they should have that notification.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm sorry, Sloonei, I'm not trying to annoy you or anything here. I just am giving it all I've got. In my mind it has to be you or Dom at this stage, 99% sure, and I still think it's you. If it's Dom, it's sheer luck. I think there are reasons to believe that you are bad, and I also think DDL's read of you feels like manufactured garbage to give you town cover since you were generally being townread at the time.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: The Search for Quin [Day 3]

Post by Sloonei »

Dom himself has pretty much exclusively made small posts like these, doing nothing but riding on the DDL bandwagon and making sure we all stay focused on DDL and then, of course, anyone who didn't want to lynch DDL because bussing never happens:
Dom wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:40 pm so ddl is probably bad tbh
Dom wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:00 pm voted for a baddie.
Dom wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:03 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:02 am In either theory, I am most interested in lazy votes today. Votes that aren't given justification or that come out of left field with a "following the herd" mentality. Votes like Dom's, is what I'm saying.
ok but have you considered i literally stated a reason why i voted for him and stated suspicion of him days ago?

because if not then idk man
Dom wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:58 pm k

who didn't want to lynch ddl tho
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I just can't see how that's a logical argument for a scum Dom to make right now though. If he were scum, wouldn't he be trying to convince us of the existence of a busser, since nearly all of us did vote for DDL?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

The last scumster right now would be desperately trying to find any reason to cast suspicion on anyone else but him/her. The only person doing that this cycle is you, Sloonei.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

[mention]nutella[/mention], what are your thoughts? We have 50 minutes.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:07 pm I'm sorry, Sloonei, I'm not trying to annoy you or anything here. I just am giving it all I've got. In my mind it has to be you or Dom at this stage, 99% sure, and I still think it's you. If it's Dom, it's sheer luck. I think there are reasons to believe that you are bad, and I also think DDL's read of you feels like manufactured garbage to give you town cover since you were generally being townread at the time.
I don't mean to discourage you or to say that you personally are annoying me, it's not like that at all. I appreciate the work you're putting in, as I've said. But we're coming up fast on the deadline and suddenly all of the energy in the thread (since it's just the two of us) is focused squarely on me. I was hoping to use most of this time solidifying our reads together to make sure we lynch the right person, but instead I've had to respond to accusations this entire time and it appears that I'm going to be the one getting lynched now due to voter apathy.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom giving such a half-hearted effort seems more like an uninvested townie than baddie to me, if I had to choose one or the other. I realize it's a weak read, but that's what I got right now if I had to say.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:10 pm The last scumster right now would be desperately trying to find any reason to cast suspicion on anyone else but him/her. The only person doing that this cycle is you, Sloonei.
well yeah, because you an me are the only people here at all this cycle, and you're trying to focus all the attention on me. Should I just say "Yeah, go ahead, you can lynch me!"?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:11 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:07 pm I'm sorry, Sloonei, I'm not trying to annoy you or anything here. I just am giving it all I've got. In my mind it has to be you or Dom at this stage, 99% sure, and I still think it's you. If it's Dom, it's sheer luck. I think there are reasons to believe that you are bad, and I also think DDL's read of you feels like manufactured garbage to give you town cover since you were generally being townread at the time.
I don't mean to discourage you or to say that you personally are annoying me, it's not like that at all. I appreciate the work you're putting in, as I've said. But we're coming up fast on the deadline and suddenly all of the energy in the thread (since it's just the two of us) is focused squarely on me. I was hoping to use most of this time solidifying our reads together to make sure we lynch the right person, but instead I've had to respond to accusations this entire time and it appears that I'm going to be the one getting lynched now due to voter apathy.
Got any legacy thoughts in case you do die?

I'm still mulling over everything, by the way, despite my alleged confidence.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:12 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:10 pm The last scumster right now would be desperately trying to find any reason to cast suspicion on anyone else but him/her. The only person doing that this cycle is you, Sloonei.
well yeah, because you an me are the only people here at all this cycle, and you're trying to focus all the attention on me. Should I just say "Yeah, go ahead, you can lynch me!"?
Well, if it is you, a confession would be nice. :p

Just kidding, I wouldn't want any baddie to give up, especially if it is you, because if it is you this is the most brilliant scum game I've seen you play, probably even better than SF.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:09 pm I just can't see how that's a logical argument for a scum Dom to make right now though. If he were scum, wouldn't he be trying to convince us of the existence of a busser, since nearly all of us did vote for DDL?
Yes, but I also think town Dom would make this argument as well because, like you said, everyone voted for DDL. His post feels like someone clutching at straws not all that desperately, because he doesn't seem to really care.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:13 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:09 pm I just can't see how that's a logical argument for a scum Dom to make right now though. If he were scum, wouldn't he be trying to convince us of the existence of a busser, since nearly all of us did vote for DDL?
Yes, but I also think town Dom would make this argument as well because, like you said, everyone voted for DDL. His post feels like someone clutching at straws not all that desperately, because he doesn't seem to really care.
Yeah, that's my point, you'd think if he was scum he would care just a bit more and would make a different argument.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I just have a hard time believing the third scum is that apathetic right now, unless that person was Serge because it all seemed like it was going to be him today for sure, but the way he responded didn't read that way at all.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:12 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:11 pm
Got any legacy thoughts in case you do die?

I'm still mulling over everything, by the way, despite my alleged confidence.
You're town. Nutella also looks great in light of her interactions with DDL and vice versa. Daisy still looks solid because of the way she picked up on the DDL/sanmateo pairing. I've got nothing as substantial on bwt and I'd leave the door open on him. The other three need to say more things so we can read them more clearly. Serge is still my second candidate.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:14 pm
Yeah, that's my point, you'd think if he was scum he would care just a bit more and would make a different argument.
Not if he's not invested in the game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I am torn, believe it or not. It could very well be Dom. I'll really be mad at myself if we lynched you and I was wrong. I'll think about it.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:15 pm I just have a hard time believing the third scum is that apathetic right now, unless that person was Serge because it all seemed like it was going to be him today for sure, but the way he responded didn't read that way at all.
Have you ever seen a player do what Serge did and still turn out to be scum?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:16 pm
Yeah, I suppose. I don't know about you but I always feel even more guilty about coasting or being uninvested as scum than town.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:16 pm I am torn, believe it or not. It could very well be Dom. I'll really be mad at myself if we lynched you and I was wrong. I'll think about it.
I foresee anger in your future if you continue down this path.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:17 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:15 pm I just have a hard time believing the third scum is that apathetic right now, unless that person was Serge because it all seemed like it was going to be him today for sure, but the way he responded didn't read that way at all.
I don't think so? I mean, I faked that before, so I guess me. :p But I can't think of another instance off the top of my head. His sentiments about being frustrated because people don't know his playstyle rung really true too.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

If you're the last scum I'll see what I can do about legally entering your service as a slave, because you will have already thoroughly owned me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:18 pm If you're the last scum I'll see what I can do about legally entering your service as a slave, because you will have already thoroughly owned me.
I really wish I was. I'd love to be this townread as scum. It's been a long while since I owned a game like this. But sadly, not the case.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

40 minutes. Agh. I really hope others show up. I know Daisy will, or I highly suspect she will. I would have thought at least nutella would as well, at the very least.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:17 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:16 pm
Yeah, I suppose. I don't know about you but I always feel even more guilty about coasting or being uninvested as scum than town.
I definitely agree, but I don't know about Dom and he's probably got more important things than this game going on in his life right now. I could see him being a disinterested townie, but then I'm back to working on my POE chart.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Man, this sucks.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:18 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:17 pm
I don't think so? I mean, I faked that before, so I guess me. :p But I can't think of another instance off the top of my head. His sentiments about being frustrated because people don't know his playstyle rung really true too.
My thoughts exactly. It was that part about misunderstood that hammered it home for me. But then, on the flipside of that, if we all don't understand him, it's possible that we don't understand what he's capable of as scum.

Also it's worth noting that he alluded to the two of us having experience together earlier in the game, but now he's lamenting that no one here understands him. I was confused about his comment at the time, and now he's added another layer to my confusion.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:21 pm Man, this sucks.
Agreed. Two person mafia doesn't really work.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

we've filled three pages all on our own, essentially.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Regardless of your alignment, the sheer amount of effort you've given to this game is beyond commendable, Sloonei. You really deserve to win either way.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

It's also possible that Dom felt resigned coming into today but wasn't ready to wave the white flag just yet, so he put up a token accusatory post and then drifted off, not wanting to indict himself or waste any energy on a lost cause. I could read that in his posts.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:25 pm Regardless of your alignment, the sheer amount of effort you've given to this game is beyond commendable, Sloonei. You really deserve to win either way.
I gotta find Quin!
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:26 pm It's also possible that Dom felt resigned coming into today but wasn't ready to wave the white flag just yet, so he put up a token accusatory post and then drifted off, not wanting to indict himself or waste any energy on a lost cause. I could read that in his posts.
That's entirely possible, especially since he wasn't the one being condemned to death today (instead it was Serge).
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

In the abstract though, Sloonei, which do you think is most likely?

a) sanmateo and DDL did not in any way mention or interact with their third teammate
b) sanmateo said something about or to their third teammate but DDL did not
c) DDL said something about or to their third teammate but sanmateo did not
d) both sanmateo and DDL said something about or to their third teammate
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:28 pm In the abstract though, Sloonei, which do you think is most likely?

a) sanmateo and DDL did not in any way mention or interact with their third teammate
b) sanmateo said something about or to their third teammate but DDL did not
c) DDL said something about or to their third teammate but sanmateo did not
d) both sanmateo and DDL said something about or to their third teammate
To answer my own question, if I'm not considering what's actually happened or anyone specifically, I'd say something like c > d > b > a in terms of most to least likely.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'm not big on self-defense purely for the sake of self-defense, but I will advocate for myself when I feel I have something contributive (that's a real word, don't look it up) to say. And right now I'll say this for myself: Even in the face of all that you've had to say against me tonight, I've maintained, as much as I can, a focus on investigating others. Not because I want to turn the attention away from myself, but because I want us to make the right choice today.

People just pulled into my driveway so I gotta go. Make the right choice, and good game either way.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:31 pm I'm not big on self-defense purely for the sake of self-defense, but I will advocate for myself when I feel I have something contributive (that's a real word, don't look it up) to say. And right now I'll say this for myself: Even in the face of all that you've had to say against me tonight, I've maintained, as much as I can, a focus on investigating others. Not because I want to turn the attention away from myself, but because I want us to make the right choice today.

People just pulled into my driveway so I gotta go. Make the right choice, and good game either way.
You bet, bud. :beer:

I'll take that into consideration.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Please, anyone, show up and say something.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I suppose I'll MOVE MY VOTE TO DOM for now. Not sure what I'm going to do to be honest.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Quin »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:39 pm Please, anyone, show up and say something.
something
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 38
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

:eye:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

The dead are more interested in this game than the living. Sad!
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 65

Post by speedchuck »

something
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm dying internally of tension.
Dragon D. Luffy