[ENDGAME] Seinfeld Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

Which theme should be next in my TV sitcom Heist series?

Friends [Sockpuppets]
44%
Friends [Regular Accounts]
22%
Malcolm in the Middle [Sockpuppets]
No votes
Malcolm in the Middle [Regular Accounts]
No votes
Scrubs [Sockpuppets]
22%
Scrubs [Regular Accounts]
No votes
OTHER (please post suggestion in-thread) [Sockpuppets]
No votes
OTHER (please post suggestion in-thread) [Regular Accounts]
No votes
I don't care!
11%

Total votes: 9
Julinook
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 389
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Re: [DAY 3] Seinfeld Mafia

Post by Julinook »

George Steinbrenner wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:43 pm
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:36 pm
George Steinbrenner wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:25 pm You're a funny man, Seinfeld. Big Stein appreciates humor in dark times. But I will not stand for this kind of funny business, you hear me! Is this some sort of test? Trying to make Big Stein sweat, are we? You're gonna have to do better than that! I'll let it stand for now though. But come this time tomorrow I expect to see results on the table! Tell me what you want from and I'll have the entire Yankee organization at my back.
I'm a 2-shot tracker. Bania/Whatley did nothing on night 1. You killed Estelle on Night 2.
I don't know what the point of your little trick is, Jerry. You're making up false allegations about Big Stein, and for what? You want a piece of the Yankees? Talk to my people, see if they can cut you a deal. But you have to be straight with us. Honesty and integrity are a big part of what we do here at Yankee Stadium!
Yes. I'm definitely pulling a trick. Mmhmm. Definitely. You should spend the day making tons of reads. Yep.
November
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 199

Post by November »

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:44 pm
George Steinbrenner wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:43 pm
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:36 pm
George Steinbrenner wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:25 pm You're a funny man, Seinfeld. Big Stein appreciates humor in dark times. But I will not stand for this kind of funny business, you hear me! Is this some sort of test? Trying to make Big Stein sweat, are we? You're gonna have to do better than that! I'll let it stand for now though. But come this time tomorrow I expect to see results on the table! Tell me what you want from and I'll have the entire Yankee organization at my back.
I'm a 2-shot tracker. Bania/Whatley did nothing on night 1. You killed Estelle on Night 2.
I don't know what the point of your little trick is, Jerry. You're making up false allegations about Big Stein, and for what? You want a piece of the Yankees? Talk to my people, see if they can cut you a deal. But you have to be straight with us. Honesty and integrity are a big part of what we do here at Yankee Stadium!
Yes. I'm definitely pulling a trick. Mmhmm. Definitely. You should spend the day making tons of reads. Yep.
That's just what I intend to do, big boy!
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

George Steinbrenner wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:46 pm That's just what I intend to do, big boy!
You could start with some gun-to-head reads on every other player.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Jerry Seinfeld
The Soup Nazi
Jackie Chiles
Uncle Leo

George Costanza
Tim Whatley
Frank Costanza

Elaine Benes
J. Peterman
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:47 pm
George Steinbrenner wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:46 pm That's just what I intend to do, big boy!
Way ahead of you, smarty pants!
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Pretty much agreed, more or less. Voting Elaine.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 106
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Nicol Bolas »

I almost bought a gun once.

Why don't you do the same exercise, Jerry? It might be good for you. For us. I mean you.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Whoa whoa whoa whoa! What's this Elaine vote? One minute you're telling me she's got a good claim and sits outside your lynch territory, the next you're saying she should go? Explain yourself again, Seinfeld.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Elaine Benes wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:56 pm
I almost bought a gun once.

Why don't you do the same exercise, Jerry? It might be good for you. For us. I mean you.
My people and I would like it if you did it too, missy.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Elaine Benes wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:56 pm Why don't you do the same exercise, Jerry? It might be good for you. For us. I mean you.
I've already rainbowed and gunned-to-head in this game. You should give it a try.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

George Steinbrenner wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:57 pm Whoa whoa whoa whoa! What's this Elaine vote? One minute you're telling me she's got a good claim and sits outside your lynch territory, the next you're saying she should go? Explain yourself again, Seinfeld.
She's clearly full of shit.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:01 am
George Steinbrenner wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:57 pm Whoa whoa whoa whoa! What's this Elaine vote? One minute you're telling me she's got a good claim and sits outside your lynch territory, the next you're saying she should go? Explain yourself again, Seinfeld.
Explain yourself if you so choose.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Fine, here's a rainbow for you:
Spoiler: show
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

George Steinbrenner wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:01 am
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:01 am
Explain yourself if you so choose.
The best evidence that could exist that she really did make a very stupid fake role claim is a concerted effort to do nothing after that role claim. She hasn't just been less contributory, she's been so as blatantly as she can. The only relevant actions she has given to the game since that claim have been a shitty vote on the Puddy wagon and a fake track on me.

There's no reason for a civilian to role claim vigilante either with a mafia roleblocker contained within the applicable matrix slots.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Look, I'm as vanilla as George's girlfriend's scented incense.

Speaking of vanilla, I think it's just sad that people try to fill the voids in their lives with flour and sugar and egg and vanilla (sorry Elohcin).

I mean, we are all unhappy- do we have to be fat too?

Not you Steinbrenner. I know you have a slow metabolism.

Fat. Okay.

I'm going to pull my weight though, starting now.

HAAAAAA... HA HA HA......HA
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Re: [DAY 2] Seinfeld Mafia

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:39 pm I'm gonna give you some reads in the present moment, as though a gun is to my head and I must take a stance.

Can I conceive of a decent reason to trust this player?

David Puddy - no
Elaine Benes - yes
Estelle Costanza - no
Frank Costanza - no
George Costanza - yes
George Steinbrenner - yes
J Peterman - no
Jackie Chiles - yes
Kenny Bania / Tim Whatley - no
The Soup Nazi - yes
Uncle Leo - yes

Of those marked "no", the easiest vote for me to place would presently be J Peterman. I've done so.
What are these reasons, Jerry?
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

George Steinbrenner wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:49 pm Jerry Seinfeld
The Soup Nazi
Jackie Chiles
Uncle Leo

George Costanza
Tim Whatley
Frank Costanza

Elaine Benes
J. Peterman
I'm not interested in pretty colors. What are your reasons behind them?
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Elaine Benes wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:15 amWhat are these reasons, Jerry?
At the time of those reads:

Elaine - role claim
George Costanza - decent, effortful infusion into the thread soon before those reads
Steinbrenner - consistently relevant contributions under the role play, handles questions gracefully
Jackie - strong start to the game, tonally agreeable
Soup Nazi - Indignant and irritable, particularly in my direction, in a way that seemed civilian
Leo - A few incidents where I felt he exhibited genuine hunting effort
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

While you're here, Elaine. I'm seeing a new girl these days; her name is Sidra. She has the most amazing breasts. I've been given reason to believe they might not be the real deal though. Can you help me out here?
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:23 am While you're here, Elaine. I'm seeing a new girl these days; her name is Sidra. She has the most amazing breasts. I've been given reason to believe they might not be the real deal though. Can you help me out here?
Sidra? What the hell is that? Are you dating a crayon?
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Elaine Benes wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:19 am
George Steinbrenner wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:49 pm Jerry Seinfeld
The Soup Nazi
Jackie Chiles
Uncle Leo

George Costanza
Tim Whatley
Frank Costanza

Elaine Benes
J. Peterman
I'm not interested in pretty colors. What are your reasons behind them?
Those will come later. My people say I should keep quiet for now. Sorry folks, nothing to see here! We'd like to hear more from you in the meantime. Any color arrangements you disagree with?
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:20 am
Elaine Benes wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:15 amWhat are these reasons, Jerry?
At the time of those reads:

Elaine - role claim
George Costanza - decent, effortful infusion into the thread soon before those reads
Steinbrenner - consistently relevant contributions under the role play, handles questions gracefully
Jackie - strong start to the game, tonally agreeable
Soup Nazi - Indignant and irritable, particularly in my direction, in a way that seemed civilian
Leo - A few incidents where I felt he exhibited genuine hunting effort
I want to take a peek myself to see if I can find the nipple in somebody's soul.

I'll start with George.

I get slightly negative vibes from George:
George Costanza wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:46 pm I'm feeling good about you people
Kramer
George Steinbrenner
Uncle Leo
Jerry
Jackie

I got bad feelings about you people
Elaine
The Soup Nazi
Estelle
Dad

I got no feelings about the rest of ya.
I'm good and STELLA! is dead.

This last post though:
George Costanza wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:46 pm Jackie has been quiet.
This is such a...I don't know...random thing to say about someone he felt good about, but said he felt bad about Estelle, who had said even less than Jackie Chiles.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

I wouldn't call George trusted at this point (from now on, "George" refers to Costanza). One thing I didn't talk about in my ISO:
George Costanza wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:38 pm I agree with what you're saying to some extent, especially earlier, like right after the lynch. The fact that Jerry downplayed it too, and made it seem like he didn't have any other options (which he did have), also made me feel weary. However, it's those balls of steel on a day 1 that make me place Jerry on my safe list now. He wouldn't have drawn that much attention to himself, he made a decision that killed Newman, he stuck by it. It was a deciding vote to lynch a townie on Day 1, not something mafia would have done to blend in. There's like a 2% chance he's not who he says he is. For now, he's on my safe list.

Similarly, Elaine is on my safe list for her frustration post and revealing/not revealing her PR.
The contrast between green and orange is a bit gross. "I want to tell you why Seinfeld is shady and you shouldn't trust him, but he's basically confirmed civilian because he posted a lot on Day 1".
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Peterman: obvious mafioso or low-hanging Puddy-esque fruit?
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Re: [NIGHT 1] Seinfeld Mafia

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Since George mentioned Jackie, I went to look at Jackie's posts.
Jackie Chiles wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:53 pm
George Steinbrenner wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:58 pm
Elaine Benes wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:49 pm Well, sure it's unique, because anybody paying attention knows that what your uncle said wasn't true, including you, since you could have tied it up. If I said I liked men but was a lesbian, that would be providing a unique perspective too, but would it be right? Would it be correct, Jerry?
This Benes woman is giving me fits, and not just because she's a Baltimore fan! Seems like she's picking a fight with Seinfeld just to pick a fight. Her argument has my head spinning. Big Stein's getting dizzy. Like riding on one of those carousels, trying to keep up. I never cared for those rides. Rollercoasters, those are okay. Very exhilarating. But a carousel just goes in circles, over and over and over. You never know when they're going to end. I can't figure out where the end of this argument is or where it's beginning either. She says Seinfeld is suspicious for appreciating input from his uncle, then she says he's bad because he voted for Newman. It's not making sense to me, I don't buy her conviction. But Big Stein doesn't see why a mobster would pick a fight like this either. Big Stein is confused, but he'll keep kicking!
I have to say that I find Mr Seinfeld's points about Ms Benes to far more convincing than this attack. This kind of latching-on to minutiae, accusation, and then hands-in-the-air confusion is the kind of base fearmongering that I expect to see from the Mafia. 5 out of 5 for roleplay though!

My top picks for lynch today: Steinbrenner, Frank Costanza, and... let's go with George as a distant third, because I haven't had a good feeling about that guy yet.
George as a distant third? I want to touch on something here. A nipple, if you will: There are two Georges. Two. Georges. The first George is Steinbrenner. There are multiple Costanzas. Multiple. Costanzas. Constanzes? I don't know. Or care. George Costanza is the distant third. The grievances with the first two are documented in Jackie's (15) posts. The grievance with George number two is not.

Instead, there's this.
Jackie Chiles wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:19 pm
Frank Costanza wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:53 pm ASSMAN! I'LL GIVE HIM ASSMAN!

*votes Kramer*
Now where did this vote come from? You criticize George, Elaine, Estelle... but then vote Kramer with no real explanation! Not to mention that this is a follower vote on someone I'm feeling pretty good about. Highly questionable behavior.

On another not, rereading Estelle's three posts, I find it satisfying to read them in her roleplaying voice. It works despite her admission that she doesn't know how.

Change vote: Frank
Why would Jackie Chiles have a good feeling about Kramer that early?

I need answers, Jackie-O. Where do you stand now on the living?
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:38 am Peterman: obvious mafioso or low-hanging Puddy-esque fruit?
There's been more resistance to him than for Puddy. Granted it took a little while for Puddy to gain traction.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Okay, here's the deal with my boss. He demands things of others, but never delivers himself. It's a way to look like a leader without actually doing anything. The man has six posts. Six! Half of them are demanding other people do things.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Elaine Benes wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:55 am Okay, here's the deal with my boss. He demands things of others, but never delivers himself. It's a way to look like a leader without actually doing anything. The man has six posts. Six! Half of them are demanding other people do things.
What are his demands and who is he making them to?
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Tim Whatley wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:12 pm So I've just about read everything I'm going to and I have 3 specific points of interest.

What are our thoughts on Jerry? He's a troublemaker.

What are our thoughts on Elaine? She's here, but what has she contributed?

What happened to the Soup Nazi voters? What changed your mind?
I've contributed a lot, Tim. More than you have.

First of all, Tim is a re-gifter. A re-gifter people. Of a label maker. Does anybody use label makers anymore?

Why is he asking about the Soup Nazi? Doesn't his job prohibit stuff from touching his teeth? Does he make meth after hours? Doesn't meth ruin your teeth? Inquiring minds want to know!
Tim Whatley wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:15 pm
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:48 pm
Estelle Costanza wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:39 pm Also kinda shocked Jerry not NKed N1 when he's probably the SPK -- I have no idea who Kramer is even.

K bai
What is the purpose of this post?
Im glad you pointed this post out. I wondered if you would. Before Estelle answers, why do you think this post was made?
This post though...the methy dentist guy is asking Jerry to answer for Estelle. Jerry refuses to answer- I think rightfully- but then Estelle is dead.

I'm going to borrow methy dentist guy's direction and rephrase the question:

Jerry, why do you think Elaine Costanza died instead of you or me?
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

George Steinbrenner wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:00 am
Elaine Benes wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:55 am Okay, here's the deal with my boss. He demands things of others, but never delivers himself. It's a way to look like a leader without actually doing anything. The man has six posts. Six! Half of them are demanding other people do things.
Read his posts. There's only six of them.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Vote George Costanza
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Elaine Benes wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:09 am
I don't ask because I want to know the answer. I ask because I want to know your answer.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

George Steinbrenner wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:18 am
I don't ask because I want to know the answer. I ask because I want to know your answer.
This isn't an opinionated answer Steinbrenner. It's an objective summary of his posts.

Your Yankees lost to the Astros tonight. 2-1. Suck on it. Go Orioles!
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Elaine Benes wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:21 am
This isn't an opinionated answer Steinbrenner. It's an objective summary of his posts.

It's a long series, Benes! My boys in pinstripes can take those sons of bitches! It's not like your birds are even in the playoffs this year. My people want to know what you think of the particular details of Peterman's posts. What players has he been most focused on, and in what ways? What does this tell you about his relationship to those players?
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Elaine Benes wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:09 am Jerry, why do you think Elaine Costanza died instead of you or me?
A few possibilities, more of one of which may be true.

1) The mafia didn't buy your vigilante claim (because their role arrangements don't include one in the matrix).

2) The mafia didn't prioritize you as a kill because they could role block you instead, or they thought you were in line to kill a civilian.

3) They suspected Estelle might be a power role herself, playing it safe and laying low, given her relative quiet.

4) Despite her relatively low post count, Estelle provided a decent set of reads -- perhaps she was on to something.

5) They targeted both Kramer and Estelle as low-posters because they'd be harder to trace to a source.

If I had to bet on just one, I'd take #3.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

I suspect Tim Whatley more than I did before Elaine raised her points just now.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:35 am I suspect Tim Whatley more than I did before Elaine raised her points just now.
Why's that?
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Elaine Benes wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:41 am
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:35 am I suspect Tim Whatley more than I did before Elaine raised her points just now.
Why's that?
In my brief ISO of that slot I talked about Whatley's numerous questions in an otherwise very limited content set. You identified specific concerns with a couple of those questions (particularly the ones about Soup Nazi voters and the request for me to answer on Estelle's behalf). I don't see purpose behind the questioning; I see lines of text for the sake of lines of text.

I stick a vote on the re-gifter.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

George Steinbrenner wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:27 am
Elaine Benes wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:21 am

It's a long series, Benes! My boys in pinstripes can take those sons of bitches! It's not like your birds are even in the playoffs this year. My people want to know what you think of the particular details of Peterman's posts. What players has he been most focused on, and in what ways? What does this tell you about his relationship to those players?
I don't understand your fascination with my boss or my opinion of him. He's made six posts. You can read them yourself in less time than it would take you to watch Aaron Judge a-swing-and-a-miss! Form your own opinions.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Looking at the matrix, there's a cop, tracker, killer, or blocker. Someone should have some information by now. Get it together people.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

There's even a doctor maybe. Come on!
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 107

[DAY 3] Seinfeld Mafia

Post by Chuck »

Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Seinfeld and his horrible, still alive female friend better explain their dicking around and make it snappy.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

The Soup Nazi wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:30 am Seinfeld and his horrible, still alive female friend better explain their dicking around and make it snappy.
What dicking around?
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:22 am
The Soup Nazi wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:30 am Seinfeld and his horrible, still alive female friend better explain their dicking around and make it snappy.
What dicking around?
Everything you've posted on this third day around the sun.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

I don't have time right now for that. Maybe if you're more specific I can talk about some particular post or another whenever I do.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Did you track Yankeeman killing Mrs. Costanza? Yes or no.

Do you still feel Middle Age Mowgli is scum or are you about to downgrade him to a Puddy, just like with your "this suddenly doesn't feel right routine" yesterday? Yes or no.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

No

Probably not. There's no late, unexplained, default wagon to feel bad about and he hasn't made any appearance that inspires doubt of my suspicion.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Unclear -- I still read Petermanas mafia; I probably won't Puddy him.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

So neither of you are trustworthy after all, with your bullsoup fake claims.

It's Day 3.

Stupendous.

Return to “Previous Heists”