[ENDGAME] Seinfeld Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

Which theme should be next in my TV sitcom Heist series?

Friends [Sockpuppets]
44%
Friends [Regular Accounts]
22%
Malcolm in the Middle [Sockpuppets]
No votes
Malcolm in the Middle [Regular Accounts]
No votes
Scrubs [Sockpuppets]
22%
Scrubs [Regular Accounts]
No votes
OTHER (please post suggestion in-thread) [Sockpuppets]
No votes
OTHER (please post suggestion in-thread) [Regular Accounts]
No votes
I don't care!
11%

Total votes: 9
Julinook
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 389
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Re: [DAY 3] Seinfeld Mafia

Post by Julinook »

The Soup Nazi wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:54 am So neither of you are trustworthy after all, with your bullsoup fake claims.

It's Day 3.

Stupendous.
You can't conceive of a reason to do that? Snore.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 107

Post by Chuck »

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:58 am
The Soup Nazi wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:54 am So neither of you are trustworthy after all, with your bullsoup fake claims.

It's Day 3.

Stupendous.
You've attracted nothing and the real ones seems to be surfing on the luck of going deep into this without relaying any information.

The mafia will clearly leave you all in this cauldron, maximizing the potential for us to be throwing knives at each other.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

The Soup Nazi wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:06 am
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:58 am

It's Day 3.

Stupendous.
You've attracted nothing and the real ones seems to be surfing on the luck of going deep into this without relaying any information.

The mafia will clearly leave you all in this cauldron, maximizing the potential for us to be throwing knives at each other.
"You all"

If they do that then we have a lead, don't we?

Go suspect someone or make a read. I don't care what you think of my approach.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Yes, a lead within six other people.

On Day 3.

Don't tell me what to do.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Make that seven. Your uncle became invisible for a second, due to how irrelevant he's been.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

I'm using the tools in my toolbag to try to progress my reads, specifically to challenge my town reads.

You're complaining that my methods aren't working effectively enough for you. That's useless to everyone. Do something productive or get out of my face.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

I am. I'm selling soup. Get out!

NO SOUP FOR YOU! AGAIN!
November
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 199

Post by November »

Soup Nazi, what's this you're playing at? You've got beef with Seinfeld, spit it out! What don't you like about the events of the day, big boy? Who do you want to vote for?
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Half the folks in here haven't said a word since the sun came up. Big Stein's gonna start barking up trees if this continues, you hear me! This will not stand! Peterman, why shouldn't I vote for you? Costanza, what's on that devious mind of yours? Uncle Leo? Hello? Is this thing on!?
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

George Steinbrenner wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:16 pm Soup Nazi, what's this you're playing at? You've got beef with Seinfeld, spit it out! What don't you like about the events of the day, big boy? Who do you want to vote for?
I just don't like his jokes. Have you ever laughed at his jokes? Has anyone? I bet he pays his audience to laugh. And puts a laugh track in his show.

But we won't buy me, that's for sure.

Also, you.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

he*
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Oh yeah? And why's that, hot shot?
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 36

Re: [DAY 2] Seinfeld Mafia

Post by Celeste »

Elaine Benes wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:09 am
Tim Whatley wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:12 pm So I've just about read everything I'm going to and I have 3 specific points of interest.

What are our thoughts on Jerry? He's a troublemaker.

What are our thoughts on Elaine? She's here, but what has she contributed?

What happened to the Soup Nazi voters? What changed your mind?
I've contributed a lot, Tim. More than you have.

First of all, Tim is a re-gifter. A re-gifter people. Of a label maker. Does anybody use label makers anymore?

Why is he asking about the Soup Nazi? Doesn't his job prohibit stuff from touching his teeth? Does he make meth after hours? Doesn't meth ruin your teeth? Inquiring minds want to know!
Tim Whatley wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:15 pm
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:48 pm
Estelle Costanza wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:39 pm Also kinda shocked Jerry not NKed N1 when he's probably the SPK -- I have no idea who Kramer is even.

K bai
What is the purpose of this post?
Im glad you pointed this post out. I wondered if you would. Before Estelle answers, why do you think this post was made?
This post though...the methy dentist guy is asking Jerry to answer for Estelle. Jerry refuses to answer- I think rightfully- but then Estelle is dead.

I'm going to borrow methy dentist guy's direction and rephrase the question:

Jerry, why do you think Elaine Costanza died instead of you or me?
Your not wrong, you have contributed more than me. Since joining up with you fellows I've not had the time to flesh out full reads. Just slight tonals from my skim.

In regards to Estelle not answering and then dying, if these events were related all it means is that the mafia can read. However, I wouldn't think that my question would prompt a kill.
Elaine Benes wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:14 am Looking at the matrix, there's a cop, tracker, killer, or blocker. Someone should have some information by now. Get it together people.
Elaine, I understamd wanting to solve the game, but how should someone have solved the game when your throwing out misinformation?
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:44 pm
George Steinbrenner wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:43 pm
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:36 pm
George Steinbrenner wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:25 pm You're a funny man, Seinfeld. Big Stein appreciates humor in dark times. But I will not stand for this kind of funny business, you hear me! Is this some sort of test? Trying to make Big Stein sweat, are we? You're gonna have to do better than that! I'll let it stand for now though. But come this time tomorrow I expect to see results on the table! Tell me what you want from and I'll have the entire Yankee organization at my back.
I'm a 2-shot tracker. Bania/Whatley did nothing on night 1. You killed Estelle on Night 2.
I don't know what the point of your little trick is, Jerry. You're making up false allegations about Big Stein, and for what? You want a piece of the Yankees? Talk to my people, see if they can cut you a deal. But you have to be straight with us. Honesty and integrity are a big part of what we do here at Yankee Stadium!
Yes. I'm definitely pulling a trick. Mmhmm. Definitely. You should spend the day making tons of reads. Yep.
Did you even vote him when you said this?
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Do you feel like Elaine's misinformation is directly impeding your efforts to solve the game, Whatley?
And I can assure you Seinfeld voted for me earlier.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

George Steinbrenner wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:54 pm Do you feel like Elaine's misinformation is directly impeding your efforts to solve the game, Whatley?
And I can assure you Seinfeld voted for me earlier.
My efforts in specific, not at all, what bothers me is that she requests information from others. Why request that of us as a whole based on roles in play when she's lying about her role? What purpose does that carry?

Thank you for the vote information.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Do you think it would be unwise for power roles to claim at this point in the game?
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

George Steinbrenner wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:12 pm Do you think it would be unwise for power roles to claim at this point in the game?
Depends really. There are too many variables in play still.

[mention]George Costanza[/mention] Where are you and where is your head at? Why did you vote the Soup Nazi day 1 but not day 2? You did say you had a bad feeling about him.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

I guess I should share where my head is at if I am to ask this of others. Joining in Day 2 I was very much fixated on Elaine and Jerry. So much so that I've decided to take a step back and review other leads and questions I have.

I'm curious about the Soup Nazi and Stein voters from day 1. I'm reviewing them now.

I could currently vote for Costanza or Elaine.

Jerry, I'm unsure what to think. Truth be told, I'm unsure if I'm suspicious of Jerry, or just afraid.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

[mention]Uncle Leo[/mention], why did you vote Stein day one? Your vote on Puddy, was that you crying "No you?"
Uncle Leo wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:07 pmpeterman
-why: hasn't said much of anything substantial. voted for Puddy
Arent you in the same boat?
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Tim Whatley wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:17 pm
George Steinbrenner wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:12 pm Do you think it would be unwise for power roles to claim at this point in the game?

@George Costanza Where are you and where is your head at? Why did you vote the Soup Nazi day 1 but not day 2? You did say you had a bad feeling about him.
This is a true assessment, Whatley. Who knows what roles could be out there at this time? But I have a bone to pick with you here and Big Stein's gonna fight, you better believe that! First, you criticize Elaine because she asked for role claims. But then you can't point to any specific harm that could come from this. You gave a non-answer. The Yankees are all about answers! I don't know how you do it in dentistry, but here we get to the bottom of things! I'm as iffy on Elaine's roleclaim as anybody, but I don't understand what you're saying about her here.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Speaking of non-answers, this is what Elaine said when I bothered her to case Peterman:
Elaine Benes wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:48 am
George Steinbrenner wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:27 am
Elaine Benes wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:21 am
George Steinbrenner wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:18 am
Elaine Benes wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:09 am
George Steinbrenner wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:00 am
Elaine Benes wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:55 am Okay, here's the deal with my boss. He demands things of others, but never delivers himself. It's a way to look like a leader without actually doing anything. The man has six posts. Six! Half of them are demanding other people do things.
What are his demands and who is he making them to?
Read his posts. There's only six of them.
I don't ask because I want to know the answer. I ask because I want to know your answer.
This isn't an opinionated answer Steinbrenner. It's an objective summary of his posts.

Your Yankees lost to the Astros tonight. 2-1. Suck on it. Go Orioles!
It's a long series, Benes! My boys in pinstripes can take those sons of bitches! It's not like your birds are even in the playoffs this year. My people want to know what you think of the particular details of Peterman's posts. What players has he been most focused on, and in what ways? What does this tell you about his relationship to those players?
I don't understand your fascination with my boss or my opinion of him. He's made six posts. You can read them yourself in less time than it would take you to watch Aaron Judge a-swing-and-a-miss! Form your own opinions.
I'll grant Ms. Benes that Big Stein was picking nits on this one, but there is a method to my madness! So far all Elaine has done is give surface-level observations about Peterman, told us what the shape of his post history is. That doesn't tell me anything and she's right that I could find my own answers just by looking at his posts. And that's entirely my point! All she's said is the basic outline of things that anyone could gather by looking at his posts! That's not a thorough investigation! I don't like this one bit. Big Stein is onto something!
Echo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 26

Re: [NIGHT 2] Seinfeld Mafia

Post by Echo »

Ok, sorry, still recovering today, I wasn't as active as I had hoped, in Mafia or in real life. Due to being sick, I fell behind in responsibilities and things I need to get done. So, even though I feel much better now because of Prednisone and Azithromycin, my time hasn't been free enough to participate at the level I should be. That said, I'm going to try to dive back into the game with some player analysis stuff. Hopefully that will get my head fully back into this game.

First of all, RIP to Mrs Costanza, and my sincere condolences to her grieving husband and son. She seemed like a fine woman.

Now, down to business. I plan to look through each player's posts and catalogue who they have trusted/vouched for/said positive things about, and also who they have suspected/said negative things about. The more intense the colour, the stronger the opinion.

Elaine Benes

Frank Costanza
Jerry Seinfeld
Soup Nazi
Jerry Seinfeld
David Puddy
David Puddy
J Peterman
David Puddy
Joe Civilian (lol)
David Puddy
Jerry Seinfeld (a deception, claimed to track Jerry)
J Peterman
George Costanza
J Peterman
Tim Whatley
George Costanza
J Peterman

Analysis: Ms Benes has very little to say that is positive about anyone. The closest she came was questioning why Mr Steinbrenner was so interested in her boss, Mr Peterman.

Frank Costanza

George Costanza
Estelle Costanza
George Costanza
Soup Nazi
Cosmo Kramer
George Costanza
George Steinbrenner
David Puddy
Jerry Seinfeld
David Puddy
Jackie Chiles
George Costanza
Soup Nazi
George Costanza

More positivity than Ms Benes, Costanza Sr. has been most negative about his son George.

George Costanza

Jackie Chiles
Cosmo Kramer
George Steinbrenner
Uncle Leo
Jerry Seinfeld
Jackie Chiles

Elaine Benes
The Soup Nazi
Estelle Costanza
Frank Costanza

Estelle Costanza
Jerry Seinfeld
Elaine Benes

Uncle Leo
J Peterman
Jackie Chiles

Pretty even number of positive and negative stuff here. In contrast to my previous two analyses, this amount of 'vouching' makes me feel suspicious. Mafia know who's not bad, and I could see him finding it easier to be honest when giving opinions, if he's bad. On the other hand, Estelle was his biggest suspect, so why night kill her in that case? Where would that leave him?

George Steinbrenner

Uncle Leo
David Puddy
Newman
Kenny Bania
J Pederman
Elaine Benes
Soup Nazi
Jackie Chiles
Frank Costanza

Estelle Costanza
J Peterman
David Puddy
David Puddy
J Peterman

Jerry Seinfeld
Elaine Benes
J Peterman
Frank Costanza

Jackie Chiles
J Peterman
Elaine Benes
Soup Nazi
Then his own rainbow:
Jerry Seinfeld
The Soup Nazi
Jackie Chiles
Uncle Leo

George Costanza
Tim Whatley
Frank Costanza

Elaine Benes
J. Peterman

Lots of content here. Looks pretty good to me, actually. His opinion on Frank Costanza has shifted quite a bit.

That's all the time I have right now, unfortunately.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Re: [DAY 1] Seinfeld Mafia

Post by November »

That said, the Yankees would like to extend their own investigative bureau into this business of this Peterman fella.
J Peterman wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:31 pm Poisoner - you're out of control. You need help. But I know what you're going through. I, too, once fell under the spell of poison. It was 1979. I was traveling the Yangtze in search of a Mongolian horsehair vest. I had gotten to the market after sundown. All of the clothing traders had gone. But a different sort of trader lurked about. "Just a taste," he said. That was all it took.

The toll road of denial is a long and dangerous one, poisoner. The price? Your soul.

Oh, and by the way, you have 'til the end of the day to clear out your things. You're lynch bait.
His first message for us all is nothing at all. Blowing hot air and looking important. Not good, not good. Tell you what, I'd be more a fan of this if he followed it up with some real gumption, a little but of mojo. But instead he's just flopped around in the basement like Elaine's Orioles!
J Peterman wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:14 pm These votes are everywhere! Oh, my neck is one gargantuan monkey fist.

What else have we got? Bania, Newman, Puddy, Leo - you haven't had a suspicion this whole meeting. For the love of God, just tell me what the suspicions are! I'll go with Newman unless we get some new ideas. You're all too quiet.

*walks out, groaning*
I tell you what, buster! If you think this kind of nonsense is gonna play here you've got another thing coming! Mr. Seinfeld and I have already taken turns picking at this post, but I'll go over it again here. Listen to me carefully, folks! First, he makes a big hooplah about the scattered votes. I got two words for that neck problem of yours, Peterman: Hot tub! Melts that tension away. But then, you know, instead of trying to slow the roll of this perceived problem of vote spreading, Peterman decides to contribute to it! I lost track of the number of names he called out in this post. 1, 2, 3, 4... does he want to help or not? This was all he had to say on Day 1. Big Stein sees no point in a post like this if you're not gonna make any effort yourself, especially after that entry of his. Not looking too sharp here, big fella!
J Peterman wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:47 pm
Frank Costanza wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:59 pm
The Soup Nazi wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:54 pm You lack an actual tone.
The soup man has some spunk! I'm getting heated just thinking about it! Serenity now. SERENITY NOW!
David Puddy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:45 pm **Squinches nose as Mr. Soup**
And then this guy comes in here, saying he'll have some dirt on the Soup Man, and follows up with a nonsense gesture. You want to put a man in his place, you put up your fists! You don't dodge like a little girl!

Puddy, you've got less content in thread than a Chinese sweatshop T-shirt. And you're tunneling on the Nazi like a rat. I don't like it one bit.

Linki: All suspicious? Even the ones with just pictures? You suspicious of Goodnight Moon too?
Frank, we dine: I was just thinking the same thing here.

David, you're obviously lying - anyone can see that! How is that last post any less suspicious than Soup's other posts? I rather thought he's been consistent with his suspicions. You take back your tales, you vagabond!

I'd still like to hear more from quiet people, although I'm pleased to see most are talking since yesterday. Who was it that made the comment about the Estelle and "villread"? I like it. Has experience, but is not using it. And Bania, where are you? Still on Page 3? I need ideas, both of you!

I won't have them turning my office into a den of iniquity! Say something, or get your fix elsewhere! (Like on the chopping block.)
We have a word for the kind of thing Peterman's doing here in baseball: piggybacking! That's right, piggybacking! Frank makes a point about Puddy, that poor bastard, God rest his soul, and Peterman pops up to throw fuel on the fire. He says David is "obviously lying". That's a lot of confidence from a man who just minutes earlier was burnt out with nothing to say. Then he goes on to continue to call out the low posters, as if he's not still one of them. Biding his time til something comes along that he can latch onto, that's what Big Stein thinks! There's nothing here but empty words and false intrigue.
J Peterman wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:25 pm Ah, so agreeing with someone and bringing up a point about their unexplained "suspicion" is now piggybacking, eh? You know what I think, Jerry? I think you're on the wagon, doing the hard stuff. Yamyam. White lotus. Shanghai Sally. And now you're flip-flopping away again because I've agreed with suspicion against the very fellow you were accusing not hours ago? Balderdash, I say.

I need a few moments to check on my brownies (they were at Henry VIII's wedding, can you believe it?) and make sure no one's snuck in my office to steal them. I will return again.
Seinfeld has already told us why he does not like this response. Peterman took one look at what the funny man had to say and brushed it all off incredulously. That's a five dollar word, incredulously. I picked up from playing Scrabble with Buck Showalter. Shame about his Orioles. He's a good man, that Showalter. Unlike this Peterman, who doesn't let anyone talk about him and just sits on his hands waiting for others to do things around him. Time to do your own heavy lifting, big boy!
J Peterman wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:48 pm That check took longer than I thought. I mean, who among us hasn't snuck into the break room to steal a nibble at the love newton? But my office and brownies are off-limits. I shall answer what I can before I must leave again. I've got a date with a hot banana tonight!
George Steinbrenner wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:55 pm J Peterman, What can you tell me about this Elaine Benes? My people say she's an employee of yours. Well, I'd like to know what you have to say about her. My head's still spinning from before!
I like this Steinbrenner fellow. Not afraid to say what he thinks, not afraid to let it all hang out, like a kerchief in a fine suit. As for Elaine, she's a tough one, and she's worked for me for years. On the one hand, she's after Jerry pretty consistently, and that's a job...done. On the other hand, she's gone after Puddy, which I didn't expect after those attacks on Jerry. And a claimed vigilante? Such bold words, Elaine! But I wouldn't put it past a woman who doesn't like The English Patient. It's all almost worth firing her over. Almost.

But not today, because I'm not liking the looks of this Puddy fellow, either. I've said my piece on him, however short, for I am a man of few words. Puddy, you're out.
Last but not least is another non-answer. I wanted to know what kind of dirt he could provide on Ms. Benes, but he spent the whole time running in circles with that mouth of his. After all those words I came out of it not knowing what he thinks of Elaine, only that he likes my spirit. Big Stein's got plenty of that! And then he tacks a vote onto that poor sap Puddy. The easiest vote in the world. I love your catalog, Mr. Peterman. In fact I have half a dozen suits from there. But this history of yours is less inspiring! I'm not buying anything that you're selling here, and Big Stein's a businessman first!
Echo
Sockpuppet Account

Re: [NIGHT 1] Seinfeld Mafia

Post by Echo »

Elaine Benes wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:46 am Since George mentioned Jackie, I went to look at Jackie's posts.
Jackie Chiles wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:53 pm
George Steinbrenner wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:58 pm
Elaine Benes wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:49 pm Well, sure it's unique, because anybody paying attention knows that what your uncle said wasn't true, including you, since you could have tied it up. If I said I liked men but was a lesbian, that would be providing a unique perspective too, but would it be right? Would it be correct, Jerry?
This Benes woman is giving me fits, and not just because she's a Baltimore fan! Seems like she's picking a fight with Seinfeld just to pick a fight. Her argument has my head spinning. Big Stein's getting dizzy. Like riding on one of those carousels, trying to keep up. I never cared for those rides. Rollercoasters, those are okay. Very exhilarating. But a carousel just goes in circles, over and over and over. You never know when they're going to end. I can't figure out where the end of this argument is or where it's beginning either. She says Seinfeld is suspicious for appreciating input from his uncle, then she says he's bad because he voted for Newman. It's not making sense to me, I don't buy her conviction. But Big Stein doesn't see why a mobster would pick a fight like this either. Big Stein is confused, but he'll keep kicking!
I have to say that I find Mr Seinfeld's points about Ms Benes to far more convincing than this attack. This kind of latching-on to minutiae, accusation, and then hands-in-the-air confusion is the kind of base fearmongering that I expect to see from the Mafia. 5 out of 5 for roleplay though!

My top picks for lynch today: Steinbrenner, Frank Costanza, and... let's go with George as a distant third, because I haven't had a good feeling about that guy yet.
George as a distant third? I want to touch on something here. A nipple, if you will: There are two Georges. Two. Georges. The first George is Steinbrenner. There are multiple Costanzas. Multiple. Costanzas. Constanzes? I don't know. Or care. George Costanza is the distant third. The grievances with the first two are documented in Jackie's (15) posts. The grievance with George number two is not.
My addition of George Costanza was just a gut feeling about him, although he comes up looking bad to me in my analysis above. Interestingly enough, George Steinbrenner is now in my good books based on his analysis.
Instead, there's this.
Jackie Chiles wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:19 pm
Frank Costanza wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:53 pm ASSMAN! I'LL GIVE HIM ASSMAN!

*votes Kramer*
Now where did this vote come from? You criticize George, Elaine, Estelle... but then vote Kramer with no real explanation! Not to mention that this is a follower vote on someone I'm feeling pretty good about. Highly questionable behavior.

On another not, rereading Estelle's three posts, I find it satisfying to read them in her roleplaying voice. It works despite her admission that she doesn't know how.

Change vote: Frank
Why would Jackie Chiles have a good feeling about Kramer that early?

I need answers, Jackie-O. Where do you stand now on the living?
My good feeling about Mr Kramer came from a post he made to Mr Seinfeld about "keeping him around, you'll be glad you did". Paraphrased, that, since I'm currently out of time for this right now. Looked to me like a vanilla Civ who wanted to draw a kill, which, sadly for him, is what happened. I got the same feeling from your claims, incidentally... not that I think it's necessary to draw attention to such a thing.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

George Steinbrenner wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:41 pm

@George Costanza Where are you and where is your head at? Why did you vote the Soup Nazi day 1 but not day 2? You did say you had a bad feeling about him.
This is a true assessment, Whatley. Who knows what roles could be out there at this time? But I have a bone to pick with you here and Big Stein's gonna fight, you better believe that! First, you criticize Elaine because she asked for role claims. But then you can't point to any specific harm that could come from this. You gave a non-answer. The Yankees are all about answers! I don't know how you do it in dentistry, but here we get to the bottom of things! I'm as iffy on Elaine's roleclaim as anybody, but I don't understand what you're saying about her here.
I see, I interpreted what she was asking differently. I see no harm in asking for role claims. I see harm in people who are lying to make vague statements about needing to get more information.

This relates the core of our situation. We are always trying to get more information. I'm sure when we have more information and the time is right to share, we will. Elaine should know this.

Sien, what do you think of Uncle Leo's vote for you? What do you want right now?
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Spoiler: show
Frank Costanza wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:07 pm ESTELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?!?!?!?!?!?!?

No! It can't be! My wife is dead because of you animals! She would drive me up a wall, but she was being quiet around you people, and now someone thought it was worth shutting her up even more.

Only people she mentioned before she passed that might get up to such a thing were Jerry, David Puddy (who I agreed with), the lawyer, and George. She even put in a good word for the Soup Man! The Soup Nazi, who people think is as bad as the actual Nazis!

SERENITY NOW!

I gotta take a breather. Right now, my gut says there's something in looking at those mentions, but I don't know what yet.
Frank Costanza wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:28 pm
George Steinbrenner wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:14 pm
Frank Costanza wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:07 pm ESTELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?!?!?!?!?!?!?

No! It can't be! My wife is dead because of you animals! She would drive me up a wall, but she was being quiet around you people, and now someone thought it was worth shutting her up even more.

Only people she mentioned before she passed that might get up to such a thing were Jerry, David Puddy (who I agreed with), the lawyer, and George. She even put in a good word for the Soup Man! The Soup Nazi, who people think is as bad as the actual Nazis!

SERENITY NOW!

I gotta take a breather. Right now, my gut says there's something in looking at those mentions, but I don't know what yet.
The Soup Nazi? Who thinks the Soup Nazi's bad. I don't see anyone gathering up their pitchforks to go after that man, Frank. I welcome your investigations though. It can't be easy to lose such a fine woman, that Estelle. Look into your suspects and tell Big Stein what you think.
SERENITY NOW! SERENITY NOW!

Now that I've gained a little bit of perspective back, I realize the Soup Nazi's been knocked down a few rungs on the suspect list, especially by Jerry and Uncle Leo.

Of those remaining, I hate to say it, but my gut says my son. It's just the kind of sick, twisted thing he'd do after putting her on his baddie list, especially after providing no reason. She was a suspect he couldn't defend if he got asked, so he knocked her off to avoid being asked about her. And he was even the last one seen at her bedside!
Frank's grieving mind has brought him to suspect Jackie Chiles and his own son most of all, it appears. A little Costanza on Costanza action. My people would love to hear more from this enraged man as soon as possible. He's not totally out of the woods yet, but he can only help himself by contributing more and more.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Tim Whatley wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:12 pm
George Steinbrenner wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:41 pm

I see, I interpreted what she was asking differently. I see no harm in asking for role claims. I see harm in people who are lying to make vague statements about needing to get more information.

This relates the core of our situation. We are always trying to get more information. I'm sure when we have more information and the time is right to share, we will. Elaine should know this.

Sien, what do you think of Uncle Leo's vote for you? What do you want right now?
Uncle Leo voted for me on Day 1 because I "latched on" to him as a suspect, which I don't think is true. I can't deny that I voted for him off the bat, but that vote did not stay in its place very long and I named at least a dozen suspects on Day 1. I was latching onto anything I could! But on a Day 1 where not much happened, I can't fault a man for wanting to defend himself against baseless accusations such as mine. His was a vote of passion!
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

My people think Peterman is the surest bet today, and if he turns out to be rotten then there's a good possibility Elaine Benes has been helping him on the side. But we still need to hear more from everybody about everybody. I like what Whatley has been showing us today and I hope he keeps it up. Whatley, care to give me a report on Frank and Jackie? The Yankees appreciate your dedication to the cause today!
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

My people don't understand the Soup Nazi's strategy today. He seems dead set on believing that Seinfeld and I are up to no good and less interested in pushing the investigation forward. A stick in the mud, that's what he's being. I'm gonna need to see more out of him in the future!
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Seinfeld can do whatever he pleases, as long as he stays out of my restaurant.

Your ISO came out worst than my cousin Hamid's goulash,so why should I exonerate you just for being vocal. Explain your virtues, business fiend.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

The Soup Nazi wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:23 pm Seinfeld can do whatever he pleases, as long as he stays out of my restaurant.

Your ISO came out worst than my cousin Hamid's goulash,so why should I exonerate you just for being vocal. Explain your virtues, business fiend.
What am I explaining? "Your ISO looks bad" isn't a bone with very much meat on it.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

George Steinbrenner wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:31 pm
The Soup Nazi wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:23 pm Seinfeld can do whatever he pleases, as long as he stays out of my restaurant.

What am I explaining? "Your ISO looks bad" isn't a bone with very much meat on it.
You are Oligarch. Talk about the things he says there.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Moved my vote to Peterman. For the moment if I had to pick an entire mafia team gun to head, it's this:

Peterman
Costanzas George and Frank
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Paul Stevens »

My son hasn't said a thing today. Maybe he needs to get wrestled?! *votes George Costanza*
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Frank Costanza wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:13 pm My son hasn't said a thing today. Maybe he needs to get wrestled?! *votes George Costanza*
Okay yeah, Frank and George are definitely both mafia.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:40 pm
George Steinbrenner wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:31 pm

You are Oligarch. Talk about the things he says there.
The Soup Nazi needs to update his case if this is it. We've been over this. He sees me throwing too much shade on Day 1. I was prodding people to make things happen. It was a slow start and Big Stein wanted action! It's in my nature. The New York Yankees need results! Soup Nazi, what's your take on Days 2 & 3 Steinbrenner?
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:26 pm
Frank Costanza wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:13 pm My son hasn't said a thing today. Maybe he needs to get wrestled?! *votes George Costanza*
Okay yeah, Frank and George are definitely both mafia.
My people keep telling me to ease up on Frank. The man just lost his wife. You see the way he came in today? I tell you, Big Stein wept like a baby when he saw that. But I haven't seen him follow through on that conviction yet. I'm listening to my people, but Big Stein only has so much patience. After a while I start to nod off. Like when I watched that Marlon Brando in the gangster movie, what's it called? I was hooked at the start, but halfway in and I couldn't sit still! Big Stein needs to boogy!
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Warning: if civilians continue to be absent from the thread for 95% of the game, the mafia team can literally lynch whoever they want simply by virtue of having three votes.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

I have another date tonight, but I swear I can't even remember her name. It rhymes with a part of the female anatomy is all I know. ...Mulva?
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Has anyone got a reason to town read Peterman?
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 106
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Re: [NIGHT 2] Seinfeld Mafia

Post by Nicol Bolas »

I don't know if the following "analysis" is real, but it sure isn't spectacular.
Jackie Chiles wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:06 pm Ok, sorry, still recovering today, I wasn't as active as I had hoped, in Mafia or in real life. Due to being sick, I fell behind in responsibilities and things I need to get done. So, even though I feel much better now because of Prednisone and Azithromycin, my time hasn't been free enough to participate at the level I should be. That said, I'm going to try to dive back into the game with some player analysis stuff. Hopefully that will get my head fully back into this game.

First of all, RIP to Mrs Costanza, and my sincere condolences to her grieving husband and son. She seemed like a fine woman.

Now, down to business. I plan to look through each player's posts and catalogue who they have trusted/vouched for/said positive things about, and also who they have suspected/said negative things about. The more intense the colour, the stronger the opinion.

Elaine Benes

Frank Costanza
Jerry Seinfeld
Soup Nazi
Jerry Seinfeld
David Puddy
David Puddy
J Peterman
David Puddy
Joe Civilian (lol)
David Puddy
Jerry Seinfeld (a deception, claimed to track Jerry)
J Peterman
George Costanza
J Peterman
Tim Whatley
George Costanza
J Peterman

Analysis: Ms Benes has very little to say that is positive about anyone. The closest she came was questioning why Mr Steinbrenner was so interested in her boss, Mr Peterman.

Frank Costanza

George Costanza
Estelle Costanza
George Costanza
Soup Nazi
Cosmo Kramer
George Costanza
George Steinbrenner
David Puddy
Jerry Seinfeld
David Puddy
Jackie Chiles
George Costanza
Soup Nazi
George Costanza

More positivity than Ms Benes, Costanza Sr. has been most negative about his son George.

George Costanza

Jackie Chiles
Cosmo Kramer
George Steinbrenner
Uncle Leo
Jerry Seinfeld
Jackie Chiles

Elaine Benes
The Soup Nazi
Estelle Costanza
Frank Costanza

Estelle Costanza
Jerry Seinfeld
Elaine Benes

Uncle Leo
J Peterman
Jackie Chiles

Pretty even number of positive and negative stuff here. In contrast to my previous two analyses, this amount of 'vouching' makes me feel suspicious. Mafia know who's not bad, and I could see him finding it easier to be honest when giving opinions, if he's bad. On the other hand, Estelle was his biggest suspect, so why night kill her in that case? Where would that leave him?

George Steinbrenner

Uncle Leo
David Puddy
Newman
Kenny Bania
J Pederman
Elaine Benes
Soup Nazi
Jackie Chiles
Frank Costanza

Estelle Costanza
J Peterman
David Puddy
David Puddy
J Peterman

Jerry Seinfeld
Elaine Benes
J Peterman
Frank Costanza

Jackie Chiles
J Peterman
Elaine Benes
Soup Nazi
Then his own rainbow:
Jerry Seinfeld
The Soup Nazi
Jackie Chiles
Uncle Leo

George Costanza
Tim Whatley
Frank Costanza

Elaine Benes
J. Peterman

Lots of content here. Looks pretty good to me, actually. His opinion on Frank Costanza has shifted quite a bit.

That's all the time I have right now, unfortunately.
Everyone knows I'm really psyched about exercises, but I don't understand the purpose of this particular exercise.

So first off, I apparently don't have anything good to say about anyone. Huh. That can't be right. I don't know how anybody read what I said about my boss as complimentary though- the guy has six lousy posts and none of them accomplish anything.
Elaine Benes wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:55 am Okay, here's the deal with my boss. He demands things of others, but never delivers himself. It's a way to look like a leader without actually doing anything. The man has six posts. Six! Half of them are demanding other people do things.
But here's the thing. If you have limited time, does going through and assigning a vague color to every little thing a person may have said about another person accomplish anything? This post is a waste of the taxpayer's money, Mr. Chiles.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Re: [NIGHT 1] Seinfeld Mafia

Post by Nicol Bolas »

I will never understand people.
Uncle Leo wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:00 pm Jerry, Hello! How could you do this to Newman? Your cousin Jeffrey, you know, at the parks department, can't believe you'd get something like this wrong. What a guy that Jeffrey.

So now that that's out of the way,

Newman did very clearly state that he was innocent. On day 1, what more could he have said to indicate that he was "trying?"

For the record, I am a senior citizen with a record (it was a crime of passion!) however, I am innocent of all other crimes.

I am suspicious of Steinbrenner for "latching on to me" as someone put it. It didn't hold or gain traction so it makes sense that he changed his vote. Still, suspicions exist. Call it retaliatory, call it whatever. I know that I am good and until Steinbrenner gives me a reason to change my mind, he is as good a target as I was to him initially.

As for Puddy (high five!), you are good and not going to hell, so why no vote? Were you too busy at a hockey game and forgot?

I would also be suspicious of Elaine & our resident sweetheart, Soup Nazi. Potential throwaway votes against each other (because we had a clear victim with votes stacked up against Newman) "backed up" by phony talk in the thread. I guess we will see how they vote in the future.
This was Night 1. How did Leo know David was good?
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

I don't mind the specific nature of Jackie's analysis (judging players' takes on each other in a color coded display is an interesting and worthwhile approach). I would like to see more conclusive stances derived from that effort though. Jackie, please provide concrete reads on every remaining player, gun-to-head or rainbow or a flat list or whatever you want to do.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

I could drop Frank Costanza like a bag of dirt. I don't want to though. I like his stuff.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Elaine Benes wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:37 pm I could drop Frank Costanza like a bag of dirt. I don't want to though. I like his stuff.
What stuff do you like?

How willing are you to lynch Peterman?
Echo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Echo »

No problem, Mr Seinfeld. I used the time I had, and I had to stop. Just got home from the office, and I'm going to get back to it.

George Costanza looks the worst from my analysis so far.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

I'm looking forward to hearing your cases, Chiles. Bring the goods.

Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:40 pm
Elaine Benes wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:37 pm I could drop Frank Costanza like a bag of dirt. I don't want to though. I like his stuff.
What stuff do you like?
All of it. He's strange and beautiful and sensitive.
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:40 pmHow willing are you to lynch Peterman?
Willingish.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Elaine Benes wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:59 pmAll of it. He's strange and beautiful and sensitive.
Can you show me something that inspired you in Frank's posts?

Return to “Previous Heists”