44%

Total votes: 9
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 32

Re: Pirate Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by sig »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:18 am
Linki with sig, thanks for responding. Care to elaborate why you are against fake claims?
False claims only mess things up for town, if you have someone fake claim cop then most likely the real cop will claim resulting in both the real cop and the fake cop being killed/lynched. I find it to be very rare for a mafia member to fake claim cop so it really is a no win situation.

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:43 am
sig wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:10 am I know it sounds silly, but you seem to townie at the moment. Kind of like how you acted in Scrimmage mafia.

So I'm of two mind with Speed, one his post that LC pointed out was a fillerish post, however he posted it very early and was stating his view on no lynches so it was useful insight. So it could have just been a mafia member posting to look involved, but it felt like he was genuine in trying to state his view. In fact after thinking it over this makes me more suspicious of LC, I feel like he could be fishing for potential bandwagons. However, it usually takes me a few phases to get a good read on LC. Maybe by night 2 or 3 I'll have a better feeling.

Right now I'd rather lynch a player who isn't contributing then someone who is, unless we have a strong reason to suspect they're mafia, and I'm not seeing anything very obvious yet.

Also and I should've brought this up sooner, but If we have a cop and they get a red check I suggest they role claim immediately, with only 3 mafia members sacrificing the cop to get a mafia member is worth it, also other civs should take advantage of role claiming if they have useful information that will catch mafia members, AND I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH AS A CIV DONT FAKE CLAIM COP!!!!!!!!!!

@Long Con What do you think of me? And can you go a bit more in-depth on your Scum reading for Speedchuck?
I won't say I necessarily agree or disagree with it but I certainly don't like you asking the cop to claim.
I see nothing wrong with the cop claiming when they've got a red check. Why wouldn't they claim? I'd also like to add in if the watcher targets a player who ends up targeting someone who dies they should also claim it. We might have lost a powerful civ role, but one civ is worth one mafia member no matter what power the civ has.

Long Con wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:58 am
sig wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:49 pm Why didn't you mention me LC, don't you love me anymore? I THOUGHT WE HAD SOMETHING SPECIAL!
:( :pout: :(
Right, I missed the relevant content in the middle of this post:
sig wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:38 pm Hm I don't regret making that post early honestly waiting In an attempt to catch someone would mean I put to much thought into it and like I said it isn't really a good tried and true reason to lynch someone.

I find quins comment interesting but not suspicious, and I am 100% against voting no lynch, now i wouldn't say if you support a no lynch your a mafia member, but I'd be very wary of anyone who pushes a no lynch, especially syndicate oldies since it isn't really a part of your culture.

Linki: I hate dogs, my gameplay is more like a cats :P
Buuuut if you force me to pick I'd say I'd be like a mutt or something idk dogs are gross
Must have skimmed over it in my search for posts to respond/react to, related to my No Lynch thing. Really disappointed that you used "your" and not "you're", but happy that you didn't say "weary" like so many do. Your response, to me as a Syndicate oldie, seems like a nice, light way to seed some suspicion out there, as a baddie. It also rides the proverbial fence - "now i wouldn't say if you support a no lynch your a mafia member, but...". Two strikes earns you a Scumdar10 rating of: 4.1.
Also why do you say Speed's post is scummy when you make a super big post as well? Or was it more to do with the fact it was a big post that said very little?
Baddie DDL said it well. Mine were response/analysis/interaction, his was a mechanically explanatory chunk. Looking back at that sentence, I used "were" for my post because it's really a bunch of smaller posts in one. Each quotation and response could have had its own post, a la MP07, but I prefer to keep it tight. All in all, when comparing our two posts, the similarities end completely at the number of lines the text takes up. Do you read every post that shallowly? Do you even believe your own post, or are you just mimicking what you think the desire for helpful content looks like?

Frankly, I don't even like the last sentence, it's like a passive little accusation of Speedchuck hidden in a "fact-based" question. ARRRR, ye be scum by my good eye! Scumdar rating: 8.3.
After so many classes my brain turns off. :p

Also and this isn't just a NO U, but I'm reading LC as a mid range scum. He's spreading out a lot of potential bandwagons, right now he has DDL, Speed, and myself all lined up to lynch or vote for.

linki: If we fail to find someone though it's always better to go for an inactive. However, I'm getting a pretty good idea of who I'll be voting for so it shouldn't be necessary to vote for an inactive.
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 30
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:30 am When does the poll lock? I'm not seeing a time here.
SQUAAAWWWK when does the poll lock when does the poll lock
Sloonei wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:55 pmThe deadline for Day 1 will be 6 PM EST on Wednesday, the 1st. Remember that all votes must be cast in the poll to officially count.
SQUAAAWWWK deadline at 6 deadline at 6 hoist the sails walk the plank
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 122

Post by speedchuck »

MP's giving town reads out like candy on . . . oh hey, happy Halloween. Town on Wilgy and Sig? Really?

Is Kylemii an old player here (or elsewhere)? I know he's trying to find his footing, but some trends in mafia are ubiquitous. You're in here, Kyle. I'm expecting more.

LC actually feels less scummy than normal, but I think that's just because I like the scumdar10. It's a more interesting way of giving reads, makes stronger statements than rainbows or POE townreads. Gutsy, straightforward, hedging more toward committal. Townread for me (yes I get the irony here lol).
Linki: I look at motive, not results. Sure LC's lined up a bunch of different scumreads, but he's the only guy in the thread that's committing to scumreads. Committing is townie behavior, because unless you throw some teammates under the bus, people will get suspish of an aggressively, decisively WRONG player.
I doubt LC is scum.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 39
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:30 am When does the poll lock? I'm not seeing a time here.
6 PM EST tomorrow. I am making this post at 11:30 AM, so the poll closes about 30.5 hours from now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:26 am
SQUAAAWWWK when does the poll lock when does the poll lock
Sloonei wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:55 pmThe deadline for Day 1 will be 6 PM EST on Wednesday, the 1st. Remember that all votes must be cast in the poll to officially count.
SQUAAAWWWK deadline at 6 deadline at 6 hoist the sails walk the plank
Ayy, thank you Polly.

The poll won't actually lock, but yar captain will be here to close it manually. I'll provide a screenshot of the final poll for ye lot.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 60

Post by DrWilgy »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:37 pmMe Crew (12)
Dragon D. Luffy :ponder:

DrWilgy :cloud9:

dunya :nicenod:

Kylemii :shrug:

Long Con :nicenod:

MovingPictures07 :mafia:

NewTraditionalist :shrug:

Quin :ponder:

sig :nicenod:

Spacedaisy :shrug:

SpankGangsta :shrug:

speedchuck :mafia:
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:56 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:37 pmMe Crew (12)
Dragon D. Luffy :ponder:

DrWilgy :cloud9:

dunya :nicenod:

Kylemii :shrug:

Long Con :nicenod:

MovingPictures07 :mafia:

NewTraditionalist :shrug:

Quin :ponder:

sig :nicenod:

Spacedaisy :shrug:

SpankGangsta :shrug:

speedchuck :mafia:
A respectable readlist, but for one exception.

Care to elaborate?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I won't be able to properly catch up and say things until tomorrow most likely, but I quickly saw that you had a question for me, [mention]Kylemii[/mention], so I wanted to address that.

POE is process of elimination, sorry, I didn't think about the fact that I didn't explain that and you wouldn't know since its more widespread usage been a newer development around here. Stated succinctly, it designates a process by which a player solves the game by looking for town reads and eliminating them from their suspect pool, then chooses their vote target from a reduced suspect pool of ideally a handful of players or less, instead of trying to solve the game by looking for mafia reads and voting for those. I find that it's a comfortable fit for me because I tend to identify town reads naturally more easily anyway, especially early on in games where there isn't much to go on other than D1 content.

Anyway, see you folks later. Keep this thread active. :srsnod:

Also, I'm seeing LCD Soundsystem tonight; I just thought I'd mention that because I am so stoked. :drums: Have to get more work done before then though.

Happy Halloween, everyone! Hope you all have a good one. :mafia:
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 270
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Quin, would you please tell me what you think of LC?

LC, can you please tell me your thoughts on Quin?

Thank you.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:29 amIs Kylemii an old player here (or elsewhere)? I know he's trying to find his footing, but some trends in mafia are ubiquitous. You're in here, Kyle. I'm expecting more.
Just because I'm not throwing accusations yet doesn't mean I'm not working. On day one I suspected you for being too gung-ho so I asked everyone the dog thing and found out that that's kind of just who you are as a person along with some other stuff.

Now I'm working on something else

What specifically do you want out of me?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:59 pm What specifically do you want out of me?
Results in real-time. :D

I'm not giving you a scumread or anything, it's just that about 83% of your posts have been getting to know the Syndicate and it's lingo, or just asking questions.

I want to know where your mind is at. I want you to make some statements.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

I would like to hear more from these guys:
Epignosis 1
NewTraditionalist 1
Ricochet 1
Spacedaisy 1
SpankGangsta 1
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:11 pm
Kylemii wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:59 pm What specifically do you want out of me?

I'm not giving you a scumread or anything, it's just that about 83% of your posts have been getting to know the Syndicate and it's lingo, or just asking questions.

Okay well first of all, that % is wildly inaccurate, my dude. I asked like 2 questions about the forum and the rest was about reading people.

2nd, I'll get on my computer after I eat breakfast and give some cold reads in a bit.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

How do you look at a specific players posts in aggregate?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:18 pm

Okay well first of all, that % is wildly inaccurate, my dude. I asked like 2 questions about the forum and the rest was about reading people.
I ISO'd your posts, boi. I know what I said.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:14 pm I would like to hear more from these guys:
Epignosis 1
I think you just copied this from the player post counts. We don't really need to hear more from Epi.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 158

Post by dunya »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:14 pm I would like to hear more from these guys:
Epignosis 1
NewTraditionalist 1
Ricochet 1
Spacedaisy 1
SpankGangsta 1
Epignosis is who you message if you're feeling frustrated with the game; he's not playing.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

speedchuck; explain your vote on me.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I like you Kyle, so it's gonna hurt me when I say I don't feel good about you this game. Catching up with the thread and will post some names and whys and who's soon enough.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:30 pm How do you look at a specific players posts in aggregate?
Arr, I've updated the Crew list to include a record of everything you all be saying. Individual post histories can also be reached by clicking the "Isolate Posts by..." link on the bottom left of each post.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

dunya wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:37 pm speedchuck; explain your vote on me.
Voted early. Looking for this:
dunya wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:40 pm I like you Kyle, so it's gonna hurt me when I say I don't feel good about you this game. Catching up with the thread and will post some names and whys and who's soon enough.
I'll be hopping my vote over to . . . IDK, Sig? Kyle? DDL? I'ma look at DDL before I decide.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

3 minutes later:

Nah, DDL's good. I'm going to vote to make Sig our first wagon of the day.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:45 pm
Kylemii wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:30 pm How do you look at a specific players posts in aggregate?
Arr, I've updated the Crew list to include a record of everything you all be saying. Individual post histories can also be reached by clicking the "Isolate Posts by..." link on the bottom left of each post.
Thanks!
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:31 pm
Kylemii wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:18 pm

I ISO'd your posts, boi. I know what I said.
Then you know what you said is hyperbole.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 167
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:15 am
sig wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:10 am Right now I'd rather lynch a player who isn't contributing then someone who is, unless we have a strong reason to suspect they're mafia, and I'm not seeing anything very obvious yet.

Also and I should've brought this up sooner, but If we have a cop and they get a red check I suggest they role claim immediately, with only 3 mafia members sacrificing the cop to get a mafia member is worth it, also other civs should take advantage of role claiming if they have useful information that will catch mafia members, AND I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH AS A CIV DONT FAKE CLAIM COP!!!!!!!!!!
Hello this is cop. XD

We have a three day D1. I don't like you pushing toward a non-contributer with such a hefty timeframe. Look at the reads in the thread. We have plenty of time to find a scummy swabbie today.
Why the hell did you just claim?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

sig wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:23 am I see nothing wrong with the cop claiming when they've got a red check. Why wouldn't they claim? I'd also like to add in if the watcher targets a player who ends up targeting someone who dies they should also claim it. We might have lost a powerful civ role, but one civ is worth one mafia member no matter what power the civ has.
One cop is more valuable than just "one civ".

Either way, I don't want to argue this. I'm more interested in the fact you are trying to get the cop to clim early rather than later. Mafia's #1 priority should be to find the cop, assuming there is one, so this is line with what mafia would want.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sloonei wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:32 am
6 PM EST tomorrow. I am making this post at 11:30 AM, so the poll closes about 30.5 hours from now.
The problem with you people just naming timezones is that I have no way of guessing whether you are using daylight saving time or not.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I mean, you could have said "EDT" isntead of "EST", but I've noticed you Americans like to pretend everyone knows when your DST starts.

/rant
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I'm assuming in 3hrs and 15mins approx?bI have been swamped with work and house work. Eff a tuesday. I'll be scrambling my thoughts and vote.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:27 pm
sig wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:10 am Right now I'd rather lynch a player who isn't contributing then someone who is, unless we have a strong reason to suspect they're mafia, and I'm not seeing anything very obvious yet.

Hello this is cop. XD

We have a three day D1. I don't like you pushing toward a non-contributer with such a hefty timeframe. Look at the reads in the thread. We have plenty of time to find a scummy swabbie today.
AND I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH AS A CIV DONT FAKE CLAIM COP!!!!!!!!!!
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

dunya wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:47 pm I'm assuming in 3hrs and 15mins approx?bI have been swamped with work and house work. Eff a tuesday. I'll be scrambling my thoughts and vote.
it's 27 hours still, you don't have to scramble
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

I would appreciate time limits on the polls though as well. it makes things easier.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

sig wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:43 pm I disagree that it makes LC look good it's a ping. I'm also wary of MP, but that's mainly a gut thing.
what's a ping? or why is it a ping?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:54 pm
dunya wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:47 pm I'm assuming in 3hrs and 15mins approx?bI have been swamped with work and house work. Eff a tuesday. I'll be scrambling my thoughts and vote.
it's 27 hours still, you don't have to scramble
Oh good. I did wonder how I got the times so wrong.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

dunya wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:48 pm

Hello this is cop. XD

That was fake?

What the hell?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Re: Pirate Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by dunya »

sig wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:50 pm Tequila really sucks 4/10 wouldn't recommend.

Second Hey! Lets get this lynch train started. :srsnod:

I think we should eye people who are to heavy on the role play, it could be used to avoid scumhunting/be left alive out of amusement. However, that shouldn't be the only reason to lynch someone.
didnt like this as a first post.

hey everyone let's look at everyone who roleplays
but let's also not

bad first post. leaning scummy for sig.

the fact that sig posts a few posts immediately before and kyle (my other scumspect) calls out 3 other players itt at the time to give their scumspects but ignores sig also doesn't sit as well with me.
Kylemii wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:51 pm Speedchuck, Quin, and MP, I would like to know if you have any early reads in anyone?
but then sig posts this:
sig wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:10 am Also and I should've brought this up sooner, but If we have a cop and they get a red check I suggest they role claim immediately, with only 3 mafia members sacrificing the cop to get a mafia member is worth it, also other civs should take advantage of role claiming if they have useful information that will catch mafia members, AND I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH AS A CIV DONT FAKE CLAIM COP!!!!!!!!!!
and now I feel pretty good about sig. A scum wouldn't ask the cop to roleclaim as soon as they have a lead on day 1. A scum wouldn't be telling power roles what to do at all on day 1. His later clarification on why 1 PR civ is equal as 1 scum. I can follow that logic. I dig his reasons. I dig his gall. I dig his persona.

overall leaning town for sig.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:05 pm
dunya wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:48 pm

Hello this is cop. XD

That was fake?

What the hell?
This is what sig was talking about. People fakeclaiming confuses readers sometimes, especially people who pop in and out of the thread during the day without paying full attention.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:59 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:53 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:48 pm I’m moving my vote to Wilgy. Please explain your thoughts/conclusions.
:suspish:
And? Come on man, please give me and the thread something. I have no idea why you’re seemingly agreeing or disagreeing with things.
perhaps Wilgy is our mute pirate.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

SpankGangsta wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:34 pm Sup putas

Just checked the site and saw the game is started lolme

Will be here in like 7am est, need to do some stuff and sleep atm
It's 3.21pm est. A pirate is nothing short of his word. :rolleyes:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:35 pm I mean, you could have said "EDT" isntead of "EST", but I've noticed you Americans like to pretend everyone knows when your DST starts.

/rant
Arr, this is why I noted the present time at the moment of me update.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:53 am
sig wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:50 pm Tequila really sucks 4/10 wouldn't recommend.

I think we should eye people who are to heavy on the role play, it could be used to avoid scumhunting/be left alive out of amusement. However, that shouldn't be the only reason to lynch someone.
Aye, any pirate worth his salt will tell you Rum is the spirit to be drinkin'!
The girl's drank so much rum, she's been MIA since this post.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

dunya wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:21 pm
SpankGangsta wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:34 pm Sup putas

Just checked the site and saw the game is started lolme

Will be here in like 7am est, need to do some stuff and sleep atm
It's 3.21pm est. A pirate is nothing short of his word. :rolleyes:
or her.

I need to get my pronouns straight.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

dunya wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:15 pm

didnt like this as a first post.

hey everyone let's look at everyone who roleplays
but let's also not

bad first post. leaning scummy for sig.

the fact that sig posts a few posts immediately before and kyle (my other scumspect) calls out 3 other players itt at the time to give their scumspects but ignores sig also doesn't sit as well with me.
Kylemii wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:51 pm Speedchuck, Quin, and MP, I would like to know if you have any early reads in anyone?
but then sig posts this:
sig wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:10 am Also and I should've brought this up sooner, but If we have a cop and they get a red check I suggest they role claim immediately, with only 3 mafia members sacrificing the cop to get a mafia member is worth it, also other civs should take advantage of role claiming if they have useful information that will catch mafia members, AND I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH AS A CIV DONT FAKE CLAIM COP!!!!!!!!!!
and now I feel pretty good about sig. A scum wouldn't ask the cop to roleclaim as soon as they have a lead on day 1. A scum wouldn't be telling power roles what to do at all on day 1. His later clarification on why 1 PR civ is equal as 1 scum. I can follow that logic. I dig his reasons. I dig his gall. I dig his persona.

overall leaning town for sig.
i chose those three specific players because they described themselves as people who would have early thoughts and ideas. why would sig be related to that?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

so far

Friends
Wilgy
Dragon
sig
LongCon
Meh
speedchuck
movingpic
Quin
Foes
kyle

need more intel
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Dunya, since you're here, can you tell me your thoughts on DDL?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

dunya wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:30 pmFoes
kyle

need more intel
wait, why?
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 46
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I didn't take "Hello this is cop" as a real role claim. Looking forward to finding out the truth.

Also, I my still laughing at ", my dude,". :haha: :haha: :haha:
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 46
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

sig wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:23 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:58 am
sig wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:49 pm Why didn't you mention me LC, don't you love me anymore? I THOUGHT WE HAD SOMETHING SPECIAL!
:( :pout: :(
Right, I missed the relevant content in the middle of this post:
sig wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:38 pm Hm I don't regret making that post early honestly waiting In an attempt to catch someone would mean I put to much thought into it and like I said it isn't really a good tried and true reason to lynch someone.

I find quins comment interesting but not suspicious, and I am 100% against voting no lynch, now i wouldn't say if you support a no lynch your a mafia member, but I'd be very wary of anyone who pushes a no lynch, especially syndicate oldies since it isn't really a part of your culture.

Linki: I hate dogs, my gameplay is more like a cats :P
Buuuut if you force me to pick I'd say I'd be like a mutt or something idk dogs are gross
Must have skimmed over it in my search for posts to respond/react to, related to my No Lynch thing. Really disappointed that you used "your" and not "you're", but happy that you didn't say "weary" like so many do. Your response, to me as a Syndicate oldie, seems like a nice, light way to seed some suspicion out there, as a baddie. It also rides the proverbial fence - "now i wouldn't say if you support a no lynch your a mafia member, but...". Two strikes earns you a Scumdar10 rating of: 4.1.
Also why do you say Speed's post is scummy when you make a super big post as well? Or was it more to do with the fact it was a big post that said very little?
Baddie DDL said it well. Mine were response/analysis/interaction, his was a mechanically explanatory chunk. Looking back at that sentence, I used "were" for my post because it's really a bunch of smaller posts in one. Each quotation and response could have had its own post, a la MP07, but I prefer to keep it tight. All in all, when comparing our two posts, the similarities end completely at the number of lines the text takes up. Do you read every post that shallowly? Do you even believe your own post, or are you just mimicking what you think the desire for helpful content looks like?

Frankly, I don't even like the last sentence, it's like a passive little accusation of Speedchuck hidden in a "fact-based" question. ARRRR, ye be scum by my good eye! Scumdar rating: 8.3.
After so many classes my brain turns off. :p

Also and this isn't just a NO U, but I'm reading LC as a mid range scum. He's spreading out a lot of potential bandwagons, right now he has DDL, Speed, and myself all lined up to lynch or vote for.

linki: If we fail to find someone though it's always better to go for an inactive. However, I'm getting a pretty good idea of who I'll be voting for so it shouldn't be necessary to vote for an inactive.
Come on man. I'm suspicious for finding more than one player suspicious? Perhaps you'd prefer I tunnel on one player at a time, monsieur? Brain turns off? That's all I get? That's a complete sidestep of the issues I brought up with your posts.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 171

Post by Quin »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:36 pm Quin, would you please tell me what you think of LC?

LC, can you please tell me your thoughts on Quin?

Thank you.
He's unlikely to get my vote today.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

newtraditionalist, daisy, spankgangsta

Return to “Previous Heists”