Host/dead/non
44%

Total votes: 9
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 171

Re: Pirate Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Quin »

I'm confident that I want chocolate milk.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Wait, maybe it's iced coffee.

Oh fuck, he's right.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 32

Post by sig »

Quin wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:31 pm Even though role claiming is typically not allowed, this time it's a tool by design. I suggest tabling the anti-role claiming prejudice mindset for a bit.
Yes which I've done, which is the whole reason I laid out when I thought the cop should claim. However, the anti-fake-role claiming prejudice is alive and well. :noble:

Linki: Y'all are posting way to much

Yes to whoever asked this is common of Wilgy regardless of his alignment.

I want to lynch LC he's smoke screening civ ( I totally stole this and have no shame about it). His posts are gut reading very bad to me and his snarky behavior seems very scummy. I'll at some point take a quick gander to other games and see what I see, but from what I remember this is classic LC mafia. :srsnod: :nicenod: :srsnod:

Kyle's post seems to be very careful, but there's also a fair amount of content and it's still early in the game to have concrete reads so I like that
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 158

Post by dunya »

:cloud9: I love Wilgy
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Seriously, his emoji comments are on point.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I do not dare look at Wilgy too much, for fear I might go blind.
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 60

Post by DrWilgy »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:37 pm
Dragon D. Luffy - Posts :confused: :mafia:
Kylemii - Posts :confused: :mafia:
MovingPictures07 - Posts :mafia:
speedchuck - Posts :mafia:

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: .............. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
:grin: .............................:grin:
:grin: ......:grin: :grin: ..............:grin:......:grin: :grin:
:grin: ..........:grin: ..............:grin:...........:grin:
:grin: ..........:grin: ..............:grin:...........:grin:
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: .............. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 270
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

sig wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:05 pmKyle's post seems to be very careful, but there's also a fair amount of content and it's still early in the game to have concrete reads so I like that
i also want to point out, this is my first real mafia game in 3-4 years so i am still kind of in the awkwardly climbing back onto the horse stage
so he just.... does this? the whole game? every game?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:51 pm
Kylemii wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:41 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:37 pm
Kylemii wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:59 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:29 amIs Kylemii an old player here (or elsewhere)? I know he's trying to find his footing, but some trends in mafia are ubiquitous. You're in here, Kyle. I'm expecting more.
Just because I'm not throwing accusations yet doesn't mean I'm not working. On day one I suspected you for being too gung-ho so I asked everyone the dog thing and found out that that's kind of just who you are as a person along with some other stuff.

Now I'm working on something else

What specifically do you want out of me?
:mafia:
please explain your vote?
:mafia: :noble:
You asked "What specifically do you want out of me?" - Wilgy is saying he wants the mafia out of you. :haha:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:11 pm
sig wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:05 pmKyle's post seems to be very careful, but there's also a fair amount of content and it's still early in the game to have concrete reads so I like that
i also want to point out, this is my first real mafia game in 3-4 years so i am still kind of in the awkwardly climbing back onto the horse stage
No. Sometimes he uses numbers.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Being your first game in so long, I'm pretty happy with what you've put out, Kyle. When you say 'first real mafia game' do you mean you've played other stuff since?
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

dunya wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:12 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:51 pm
Kylemii wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:41 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:37 pm
Kylemii wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:59 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:29 amIs Kylemii an old player here (or elsewhere)? I know he's trying to find his footing, but some trends in mafia are ubiquitous. You're in here, Kyle. I'm expecting more.
Just because I'm not throwing accusations yet doesn't mean I'm not working. On day one I suspected you for being too gung-ho so I asked everyone the dog thing and found out that that's kind of just who you are as a person along with some other stuff.

Now I'm working on something else

What specifically do you want out of me?
please explain your vote?
:mafia: :noble:
You asked "What specifically do you want out of me?" - Wilgy is saying he wants the mafia out of you. :haha:
Naw, the big boys like to think asking 'What do you want from me' is a classic tell from a desperate baddie. Or something.
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Quin wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:12 pm
:shifty:
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Quin wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:57 pmWhat do you think of my actual content?
i just don't think there was that much of it...

you "called sig out" on his "watchout roleplay" post then mentioned that you have a habit of tunneling sig, even though that didn't really happen, you mostly just said "hey your strategy has a flaw" and then left it alone

you said that dogs are grosss which is categorically false and also unforgivable.

you claimed that no lynch is a good strategy and gave townie points to speedchuck for agreeing with you with a lot of words, gave more thoughts on that topic

you respond to sig's post about LC

otherwise there's mostly jokes

you've had more content since then but even so i can't pick out any suspicions you've pointed out or agreed with.

overall, you've said a lot, but you haven't "said" much, ya dig? that's where my issue comes in.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Quin wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:14 pm Being your first game in so long, I'm pretty happy with what you've put out, Kyle. When you say 'first real mafia game' do you mean you've played other stuff since?
i played "mafia" in my improv group but it wasn't really the same because there was no discussion or strategy, just people sitting in a circle pointing at each other.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

that sounds awful and frustrating to be honest, but at least, he's posting i guess????
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:23 pm

you "called sig out" on his "watchout roleplay" post then mentioned that you have a habit of tunneling sig, even though that didn't really happen, you mostly just said "hey your strategy has a flaw" and then left it alone

you said that dogs are grosss which is categorically false and also unforgivable.

you claimed that no lynch is a good strategy and gave townie points to speedchuck for agreeing with you with a lot of words, gave more thoughts on that topic

you've had more content since then but even so i can't pick out any suspicions you've pointed out or agreed with.

overall, you've said a lot, but you haven't "said" much, ya dig? that's where my issue comes in.
I gave speedchuck townie points for the effort he went through in his evaluation. I don't think he landed on thinking it was a good idea in this game.

You are correct that I haven't given a lot of reads. Aside from some good feelings you can infer from my posts, I haven't got that many, none of which are scum reads. I just disagree that to say something it has to be tied to a read.

Also, can you answer my question about your mafia history? It's actually kind of an important question.

linki: i see you did. I town read you, Kyle. I often see new (or extended leavers) come in and use that position as a crutch to survive in the game. You have done no such thing. For now, that's good enough for me.

linki2: have you met ricochet?
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:27 pm
that sounds awful and frustrating to be honest, but at least, he's posting i guess????
:workit:
Image Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 167
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

sig wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:00 pm So you basically agree with me then, buuuuut you're lynching me. :confused:

I made my case of 1 not fake claiming and 2. only claiming if you have a red check to be very clear. However, this is obviously speed just messing around and poking me.

Also my original sites were super heavy on role claiming, games that allow claiming are my bread and butter. This is quite literally the best strategy for a watcher/cop/info role to use if claiming is allowed. Otherwise you end up sitting on a red check for to long and the other players either miss it or the mafia can manipulate your posts after death, I've done it successfully countless times.
Whether the cop claiming is a good thing or not is irrelevant to my read on you.

What forms my read on you is the fact you are fishing for the cop's role. I think that is suspicious.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:31 pm
sig wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:00 pm So you basically agree with me then, buuuuut you're lynching me. :confused:

I made my case of 1 not fake claiming and 2. only claiming if you have a red check to be very clear. However, this is obviously speed just messing around and poking me.

Also my original sites were super heavy on role claiming, games that allow claiming are my bread and butter. This is quite literally the best strategy for a watcher/cop/info role to use if claiming is allowed. Otherwise you end up sitting on a red check for to long and the other players either miss it or the mafia can manipulate your posts after death, I've done it successfully countless times.
Whether the cop claiming is a good thing or not is irrelevant to my read on you.

What forms my read on you is the fact you are fishing for the cop's role. I think that is suspicious.
:scared:

:fishing:

:ponder:
Image Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

For that matter, I believe the sweet spor for claiming is 2 scum, or 1 scum and a few townies.

But I believe this matter is very subjective and I don't think I can prove what the sweet spot for claiming is. And is not grounds for lynching someone. The problem is when I see someone asking for a cop to claim.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 122

Post by speedchuck »

Whether a cop should claim or not depends on how much the game is predispositioned against the scum he's found, how many players/scum are left, how likely he is to die anyways if he doesn't claim, how likely he is to find another scum, etc.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Quin wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:03 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:00 pm
Quin wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:50 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:52 pm 3 minutes later:

Nah, DDL's good. I'm going to vote to make Sig our first wagon of the day.
Why is DDL good?
Check his ISO. He's been very straightforward, unafraid to say what he thinks. Each directed question pushes people in a specific way that puts pressure on them. I agree with his way of looking at things. From what little I've seen, DDL isn't someone I want lynched D1 this game.

He's not confirmed town or anything. I'm just not wanting to lynch him

linki: good question

linki'd again, but I'm going to go ahead and post.
His straight-forwardness is something I'm used to from town DDL (though I haven't seen scum DDL yet). It keeps himself in the spotlight, which in itself isn't something I'd readily expect from a baddie.
Scum DDL is a very rare sight in the Syndicate, for reasons only the RNG gods know.

I think I've been scum maybe 3 times here.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:34 pm

Why is DDL good?
Check his ISO. He's been very straightforward, unafraid to say what he thinks. Each directed question pushes people in a specific way that puts pressure on them. I agree with his way of looking at things. From what little I've seen, DDL isn't someone I want lynched D1 this game.

His straight-forwardness is something I'm used to from town DDL (though I haven't seen scum DDL yet). It keeps himself in the spotlight, which in itself isn't something I'd readily expect from a baddie.
Scum DDL is a very rare sight in the Syndicate, for reasons only the RNG gods know.

I think I've been scum maybe 3 times here.
I'm already picturing a National Geographic episode about a scum DDL.
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Quin wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:30 pm
Kylemii wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:23 pm

I gave speedchuck townie points for the effort he went through in his evaluation. I don't think he landed on thinking it was a good idea in this game.

You are correct that I haven't given a lot of reads. Aside from some good feelings you can infer from my posts, I haven't got that many, none of which are scum reads. I just disagree that to say something it has to be tied to a read.

Also, can you answer my question about your mafia history? It's actually kind of an important question.

linki: i see you did. I town read you, Kyle. I often see new (or extended leavers) come in and use that position as a crutch to survive in the game. You have done no such thing. For now, that's good enough for me.

linki2: have you met ricochet?
ricochet uses kind of a similar mascot tactic right? but i've seen him use words to explain his points

i guess it's kind of irrelevant but i don't really like it because it trades good communication for becoming wallpaper.

maybe i'm just a little jealous that i didn't think of it first.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Quin wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:07 pm

Why is DDL good?

Actually, I think I have seen scum DDL once. He died Day 1 though. I remember him being more absent than he is here. @Dragon D. Luffy, any idea which game I'm talking about? I want to fact check.
Moongose's pants's game.

Though if you want an example where I survived longer, I give you this:

https://www.narutoforums.org/threads/di ... p.1112953/

Had my entire (6 person) team eliminated by day 5, and then had to fight in a 15 vs 1 battle. Survived until Day 10, when the last 3 civs decided to lynch me with 30 minutes left for votes to lock.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

(it has 2500 posts. Enjoy)
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Argh, captain Sloonbeard! I gots a question for ye, of public nature.

If we send our swabbies seaward, or drive a cutlass thru their pantaloons, er, or whatever we do to whittle down our number, will their role be publicly made available? Howsabout if we finds them dead, their souls drifting to Davy Jones' locker?

Do we get the flips, cap'n?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:38 pm (it has 2500 posts. Enjoy)
Please tell me there's an ISO function.
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:38 pm (it has 2500 posts. Enjoy)
is there an isolate posts function in narto forum?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Fer the rest of you swabbies, the reason I ask is that open setups often have no flips. Closed setups often do, or just have them on the lynch.

This setup is in the middle. It's half-open.

Knowing this will absolutely affect what we should do with our roles.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:14 pm
Kylemii wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:05 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:00 pmEach directed question pushes people in a specific way that puts pressure on them.
can you give some examples of this happening? I was noticing the exact opposite during my read but maybe you saw something i didnt?
He pressured MP about the lack of scumreads.
Pushed Dunya for questioning him.
Didn't give LC any slack for his D1 No Lynch bit.
Pushed Sig over his cop-claim bit.
Voted out in the thread to make a statement.

It's more of a tone-read to me, but I feel like DDL is going around and flicking everyone on the nose. MP is bad about not doing scumreads. LC was getting townreads from his gambit. Same for Sig and his asking the cop to claim.

The generally towniest or most dangerous players in the game are making things happen, and DDL is going around to bop them on the nose. Not a huge amount, but hey, it's D1. And I want to keep that around.
For all it's worth I'm actually reading LC as moderate civ now.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Also i'm getting deja vu on the Sig thing. From other times where he did things that looked silly but he was just being himself.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:41 pm Fer the rest of you swabbies, the reason I ask is that open setups often have no flips. Closed setups often do, or just have them on the lynch.

This setup is in the middle. It's half-open.

Knowing this will absolutely affect what we should do with our roles.
Aye aye!
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Quin wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:27 pm Fake claiming provides decent cover for the real role to provide information, as far as I'm concerned. All parties just have to be smart about it, or yes, there will be a mess.

I don't suggest roles with ambiguous results out themselves ever.
One thing is fake claiming, the other is posting fake reads so once the cop dies the players know who they investigated.

The former is just confusing, the later can be a viable strategy. Though here the chance of a cop even existing is 25% so I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:44 pm
Quin wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:27 pm Fake claiming provides decent cover for the real role to provide information, as far as I'm concerned. All parties just have to be smart about it, or yes, there will be a mess.

I don't suggest roles with ambiguous results out themselves ever.
One thing is fake claiming, the other is posting fake reads so once the cop dies the players know who they investigated.

The former is just confusing, the later can be a viable strategy. Though here the chance of a cop even existing is 25% so I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble.
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I meant the latter.
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

[mention]Dragon D. Luffy[/mention]

please help me stalk you on naruto

please
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Kylemii wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:47 pm @Dragon D. Luffy

please
Elaborate? What do you need?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Quin is focusing so much on the merits of fake claiming I'm getting the feeling he's doing that as an excuse not to hunt baddies.

*votes Quin*
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:48 pm
Kylemii wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:47 pm @Dragon D. Luffy

please
Elaborate? What do you need?
I was hoping there was a way to isolate only your posts on the naruto forum, is there?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I'm not going through 83 pages of that game unless I can do ISO's, but I at see that his activity over there was more 'burst-like' than his scum game in Felt. His activity there was significantly lower and less involved. What's your scum game like DDL? I'll take your word for it.
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Kylemii wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:59 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:47 pmAre you suuuuuuure that scale isn't 2-4? Because these reads look very soft.
It's day one, friendo. Anyone who says they feel confident about anything is lying.
The question was about whether you should be reading those people as more baddies than just 2-4, not about confidence. Right now it seems you are reading all of them as civs.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:52 pm Quin is focusing so much on the merits of fake claiming I'm getting the feeling he's doing that as an excuse not to hunt baddies.

*votes Quin*
That conversation ended an hour ago. I've moved on.
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

[mention]Kylemii[/mention]

There is, but you need to create an account first, I'm afraid.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:54 pm
Kylemii wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:59 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:47 pmAre you suuuuuuure that scale isn't 2-4? Because these reads look very soft.
It's day one, friendo. Anyone who says they feel confident about anything is lying.
The question was about whether you should be reading those people as more baddies than just 2-4, not about confidence. Right now it seems you are reading all of them as civs.
why does it seem like that to you?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Quin wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:55 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:52 pm Quin is focusing so much on the merits of fake claiming I'm getting the feeling he's doing that as an excuse not to hunt baddies.

*votes Quin*
Allow me to rephrase the sentence then.

Quin was focusing so much on the merits of fake claiming an hour ago I'm getting the feeling he was doing that as an excuse not to hunt baddies.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

i'm not sure i understand what you're getting at
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:57 pm
Quin wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:55 pm

*votes Quin*
Allow me to rephrase the sentence then.

Quin was focusing so much on the merits of fake claiming an hour ago I'm getting the feeling he was doing that as an excuse not to hunt baddies.
Well, in that case! :evileye:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Nos specifically this, but he likes to add in weird ways that vary each game.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:37 pmricochet uses kind of a similar mascot tactic right? but i've seen him use words to explain his points

i guess it's kind of irrelevant but i don't really like it because it trades good communication for becoming wallpaper.

maybe i'm just a little jealous that i didn't think of it first.
:ponder:

:dark:

Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Heists”