Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 207

Re: [DAY 5] Avant-Garde Mafia 2

Post by S~V~S »

DharmaHelper wrote:
S~V~S wrote:*Sigh*

Because she is on a Venn diagram somewhere and has not been subject to a bandwagon, i would guess.

DH, I so want to believe you at times, but you make it so hard </3

Linki~ civvies can vote in clusters as well.
2. LT's response to my vote analysis was blown up and over the top, classic baddie LT.
3. LT's ignored me going after her all day today. Didn't even comment on me saying I'd vote for her unless someone confessed. Civvie LT would not have let that go.
FWIW, I feel like I am the only person trying to work with you. Try to throttle back on the angry, ok?

So you no longer suspect INH or Rabbit?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 265

Post by DharmaHelper »

S~V~S wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

Because she is on a Venn diagram somewhere and has not been subject to a bandwagon, i would guess.

2. LT's response to my vote analysis was blown up and over the top, classic baddie LT.
3. LT's ignored me going after her all day today. Didn't even comment on me saying I'd vote for her unless someone confessed. Civvie LT would not have let that go.
FWIW, I feel like I am the only person trying to work with you. Try to throttle back on the angry, ok?

So you no longer suspect INH or Rabbit?
Not angry, nor am I giving up on INH/Rabbit suspicions.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 58

Post by LittleTiger »

DharmaHelper wrote:

You know, I really think something is up with you. I did not take you seriously, tbqfh.

You have not gone after me all day, you have posted ridiculous vote analyses that have no bearing on anything at this point in the game, you then further the ridiculousness by creating venn diagrams purportedly to show that people who vote after one another are somehow in cahoots. I KNOW you know better than this, and therefore concluded that you were just having a bit of fun.

Yes, you did slip in the "I am voting for LT" - but where was the reason? Oh yes, there wasn't actually a reason. Just some absurd linking of when people voted.

Pardon me for ignoring your "conclusions".

Oh, and pray tell why was my response more over the top than anyone else that pointed out you were posting nothing of actual value?
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

See guys, Over the top LT ^^^^

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

No way would civvie LT be up in arms about vote analysis like this LT is acting :P

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

So DH, do YOU have an opinion on FH & BWT?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

S~V~S wrote:So DH, do YOU have an opinion on FH & BWT?

They're both on my vote analysis together, so am I surprised necessarily that they've both done suspect things today? Nope, not really.

Good on Kate for calling out FH, and I think FH's response has been sketchy.

MP's clarifying the BWT thing is surprising. I'd like to know what BWT was thinking.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 113

Post by Dom »

S~V~S wrote:
reywaS wrote:You don't think it's strange that bwt said he won a prize in the poker tourney for finishing 3rd when I finished 2nd and didn't win anything?
Maybe, but the point was that he won a prize. Maybe he misunderstood where he won it, or misstated. But Kate says he won a prize, and so does FH. He won one. The issue I thought was what was done with the prize. BWT won a prize and revealed a baddie secret.

As opposed to FH who revealed a civvie secret.

This appears to just be a distraction to me. He won a prize, obviously. I am sure the source will be determined at some point.

@MP~ Mr Sox, will you tell us how BWT won a prize?
Gee, I wonder why, when given the choice between the purple, (it was the purple one, right? WHATEVER COLOR IT WAS) and green book why Kate chose Green...
Because she has the purple book already. ;)
triceratopzeuhl wrote:In regards to Damo Suzuki, my initial interpretation of his role definitely didn't involve a night kill. The impression I got was that giving people objects from the bag is supposed to be a good thing, and yet somebody just got killed by it. Like I said earlier, Damo might have had no control over it.
So how do you know that Chaindeath is a civvie, again? :ponder:
Seriously just confused wehre that came from.
S~V~S wrote:Ha ha, in my experience objects from a bag can be lethal. I have had people with similar roles give me bombs. You never know :)
Now THAT game... that was an.... interesting... game.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Oh and I have a dentist appointment tomorrow morning and work in the afternoon and then I'm going to my aunt's.
So I'll be sparse.
So I'll likely vote tonight.
And I'll likely vote FH.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mr. Droopy Cash
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 80

Post by Mr. Droopy Cash »

Flyin' High wrote:
Mr. Droopy Cash wrote:*Votes DH*
Why did you vote for DH? You've been pretty focused on rabbit for so long that I didn't even realize you really voted for DH until I saw DH's post.

Should I write this in third person so you'll read it? :ponder:

FH wants to know why Mr. Droopy Cash chose to vote for DH so early in the day phase and with no discussion on the matter. FH hopes Mr. Droopy Cash comes back to explain his decision.
You just gained an instant like from me! Honestly, my explanation is bologna. Between work, school, and the little bit of life I have, that leaves me with about 15 minutes of Mafia time before the lynch ends. I didn't want to miss it so I went ahead and voted. I chose DH because I'm tired of seeing 13,000 word posts explaining diagrams and statistics as to why people are good and bad. This is a game, not homework. I'll be sleeping if anyone needs me. :offtobed:
You can just call me...."The Best"
The Truth
Posts in topic: 50

Post by The Truth »

Well shoot, I didn't do very well in the challenge.

Maybe it's because I stand back and watch rather than rattle off half-assed theories all the time. *stern smile*
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Mr. Droopy Cash wrote:
Flyin' High wrote:
Why did you vote for DH? You've been pretty focused on rabbit for so long that I didn't even realize you really voted for DH until I saw DH's post.

FH wants to know why Mr. Droopy Cash chose to vote for DH so early in the day phase and with no discussion on the matter. FH hopes Mr. Droopy Cash comes back to explain his decision.
You just gained an instant like from me! Honestly, my explanation is bologna. Between work, school, and the little bit of life I have, that leaves me with about 15 minutes of Mafia time before the lynch ends. I didn't want to miss it so I went ahead and voted. I chose DH because I'm tired of seeing 13,000 word posts explaining diagrams and statistics as to why people are good and bad. This is a game, not homework. I'll be sleeping if anyone needs me. :offtobed:

"Do more DH!"

"Do less, DH!"

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Mr. Droopy Cash wrote:
Flyin' High wrote:

"Do more DH!"

"Do less, DH!"
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Kate wrote:Don't let her divert your attn timmer.
Am I known for being easily distracted?

:eye: :ponder: :| :( :coffee3: :wine: :martini: :wine: :martini: :fiesta: :fiesta: :fiesta: :bounce:

what was I saying?

This day is turning out quite interesting.

FH "picks the wrong color", and then decides to help Zappa understand his role when from the way I read it, if he is to become bad it will not be of his choosing anyway.

BWT seems to have the origins of his prizes mixed up.

And trice makes a mention of chaindeath being a civvie, but then changes it to add punctuation that changes the meaning of the sentence.

All three seem weird.

Trice's post (trimmed):
triceratopzeuhl wrote: I mean, Damo Suzuki just killed a civvie last night. Their actions affect us this game too, not just those of the baddies.

To me, the second sentence directly implies that the meaning of the first sentence is what was intended. "Damo killed a civ, thus it would nice to know what's up with that role since it seems capable of targeting civs" is the basic meaning here. But Trice's amendment, saying he meant to say "Damo Suzuki killed as as a civ, makes the second sentence make less sense. in short, I think trice meant exactly what he said originally. But what this would mean about his place in the game isn't clear. Would it then imply he is a civvie who alignment-checks and knows chaindeath was good? Am I overreading this? I don't trust his self-correction.

FH's position is that she botched the color choice but felt that she could do some good by helping Zappa understand his role. But what's he going to do with the info that he may soon be bad?

As to BWT, I await his comments about his prizes since there definitely seems to be a conflict here.
My siggie.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Anyone else think Trice's use of teh word "us" is a little ofF?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

OK I'm going to bed, and I doubt anything will change my mind and I don't want to miss the vote from dentist and work and such so I'll vote FH now.
The Truth
Posts in topic: 50

Post by The Truth »

Also, I'm not sure I ever got Rob's reasoning when he voted for me while I was insanified.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Who is Rob? :p
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 124

Post by triceratopzeuhl »

The Truth wrote:Also, I'm not sure I ever got Rob's reasoning when he voted for me while I was insanified.
He was forced by the insanification to vote the person immediately above him when he posted
[EMM winner placeholder] ImageImage
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

@Timmer: Zappa doesn't have to use his power at night. That's how he prevents himself from becoming bad. I am actually hoping Zappa and Droopy have gained BTSC by now but from the way I read Zappa's role, he could still keep searching for musicians at night so I figured I'd let him know that if he searches, it could turn him to evil or worse cause him to die. Sorry that no one else thinks that's a helpful thing.

I'm incredibly frustrated because I'm not bad and I honestly don't get why there is so much sarcasm and animosity directed my way because I chose to reveal something about a civvie that I thought would benefit everyone to know!

At this point I am leaning towards voting for Timmer because of the case I presented about Captain Bunny Killer before she was replaced. Timmer's sole response to that upon being replaced was that if he'd been in the game at the time of the Day 2 lynch, he simply wouldn't have voted for rabbit which of course makes sense in hindsight since voting for rabbit and the timing of CBK's posts are what appear suspicious in the first place. I think Timmer is a Resident.

And to reiterate my defense--people think I'm evil because I picked two books, chose to read the civvie one (by mistake though I understand not trusting me on that), then when faced with the civvie role I learned about, I chose to share it with the thread--a civvie role that can be recruited or killed if he continues to use his power at night. Also, I was targeted by Ziltoid's Army which is the same team represented by the purple book. Occam's Razor says I'm not on that team and if you give me tonight, I can show a sign of faith by revealing Ziltoid Army's secrets, but you'd rather vote me out today and risk losing a civvie who has access to not just one, but two books worth of game secrets.

I feel like the baddies are controlling the thread. Please don't all jump on this without giving it some serious thought.

@SVS--one can be smart and still make mistakes. And you didn't answer me on why you actually think I intentionally made a mistake on the voting order as if I was trying to manipulate the thread when that evidence can easily be pulled from the thread itself.

I've also yet to see anyone answer my question about the rabbit freezing! Seriously, is no one else wondering what that means?

I am going to continue to read back through people because I'm a civvie and I want to be helpful to the civvie cause.
ImageImage

Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

And I want to add, DH may be onto something with LT. Like Kate and SVS can read each other, LittleTiger and I can read each other very well. And the fact that she is immediately jumping on the "FH is sketchy--let's kill her, rawr!" bandwagon pings me a ton. :eye:
ImageImage

Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

LittleTiger wrote:
Kate wrote:I think she was just hoping I wouldn't be able to figure it or have the balls to call her on it in the thread.
That whole exchange was excellent! I am actually pretty shocked that FH confessed in the way she did - you are a good lawyer :D I find it very odd that FH would choose to read the green book vs the purple book. :ponder:
What do you mean by being shocked I confessed the way I did? Isn't honesty better than lying? If I had refused to answer Kate's question you all would still be gunning after me for refusing to answer and said that was a baddie move. Clearly I am damned if I do, damned if I don't and it appears Kate is pulling all the strings on this.

How convenient for her and BWT that I chose the green book and was the one forced to make the decision and not one of them. :WTF:
ImageImage

Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 170
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

Flyin' High wrote:
LittleTiger wrote:
Kate wrote:I think she was just hoping I wouldn't be able to figure it or have the balls to call her on it in the thread.
That whole exchange was excellent! I am actually pretty shocked that FH confessed in the way she did - you are a good lawyer :D I find it very odd that FH would choose to read the green book vs the purple book. :ponder:
What do you mean by being shocked I confessed the way I did? Isn't honesty better than lying? If I had refused to answer Kate's question you all would still be gunning after me for refusing to answer and said that was a baddie move. Clearly I am damned if I do, damned if I don't and it appears Kate is pulling all the strings on this.

How convenient for her and BWT that I chose the green book and was the one forced to make the decision and not one of them. :WTF:
It's not convenient at all FH! I chose a baddie book! If I had the civvie book and also a baddie book I most certainly would have read the baddie book. Not convenience at all, common sense.

You know, I was starting to believe you before this post.

So can you explain one more time, what your "mistake" was, because it sure seemed like you contradicted yourself.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

FH, what do you think of Trice?
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

If I sounded at all like I contradicted myself, I'm sorry. My mistake was this: MP asked me which book I'd like to read from last night. I immediately responded "Green!" while thinking to myself green=alien.

Then I received my PM response from MP telling me Frank Zappa's role and I was confused because I thought I'd be getting one of Ziltoid's Army's roles. So I went to look at the roles and did a major facepalm because I realized I'd mixed up the civvie color with Ziltoid's army color. Image

It was a dumb mistake. But I owned up to it because it's honestly what happened.

And then as for choosing whether or not to reveal what I learned, based on the one role I learned about, I made the decision that the Frank Zappa and the civvies as a whole would benefit from knowing that by him using his power at night, he can be recruited to the Residents or worse, killed.

I thought that was helpful to share. If it wasn't then I honestly apologize. I was trying to do good not bad. :(

Linki: As for Trice, he's on my list of people to read through today. I think it's strange that he's been going after SVS for so long for something that I do not think had evil intentions (her expressing the concern over DF being the target for a kill as opposed to someone else). SVS has been playing her civvie game so far from what I can tell (even if I bristle at some of her accusations I don't think they're coming from a place of bad intentions).
ImageImage

juliets
Dancing Pancake
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Maybe I'm gullible but I believe FH's defense. She could have always held back that civv knowledge making her less suspicious but I think it was the right thing to do to reveal it. I know that she might not have been the original Ziltoid target (at least I think the analysis showed that, I got a little confused) but if I start believing that about every night kill it's going to cut out any analysis I can make using a night kill. It probably won't be until later in the game when we can say, wait a minute that doesn't make sense as an NK (if we're ever able to do that). If something else definitive happens during the day today implicating FH I may change my mind but right now, thats the way I see it. Also FH, I'm curious as hell about rabbit and how he got frozen and what does it mean. I just don't see any way of getting to that answer without more information.

I'm still waiting to hear from BWT. I'm still suspicious about his naming his sources wrong. And I too am suspicious of the trice sentence though to a lesser extent. Finally, I was suspicious of CBK before Timmer joined and I guess the only reason I'm hesitant there is I want to give Timmer a chance, though its really a vote order issue that makes him look guilty. So in other words I am thinking with my heart instead of my head.

DH, I just want to make sure that you are saying your LT suspicion outweighs your INH suspicion and your rabbit suspicion. I did pay attention when you said before that you'd rather vote LT than INH, I guess it looks like to me you have more on INH. If you can add anything to what you've already said great. If not, don't give me a snarky answer that I don't pay attention to you just ignore this post. I'm exploring whether i can support you.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

I really have no freaking idea what to do.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Dom wrote:Who is Rob? :p
Dom, I had to ask the same thing. It is Epignosis.

@Kate - i think my longer post boils down to the same thing you said. For once I have too many suspects.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

@FH, I really can't say anything else about CBK's vote, I don't know why she thought the way she did, so can't answer for it.

But I notice instead of suggesting trice as a better lynch target than yourself, who made what looked like a slip last night and who has been going ater SVS for silly reasons apparently (I've got to read back on that), you are using the convenient placement of my predecessor's vote to suggest me instead. Why not Boomslang, whose vote is equally poorly situated?
My siggie.
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

timmer wrote:@FH, I really can't say anything else about CBK's vote, I don't know why she thought the way she did, so can't answer for it.

But I notice instead of suggesting trice as a better lynch target than yourself, who made what looked like a slip last night and who has been going ater SVS for silly reasons apparently (I've got to read back on that), you are using the convenient placement of my predecessor's vote to suggest me instead. Why not Boomslang, whose vote is equally poorly situated?
Well, because I've actually had a chance to build a case using quotes and voting analysis about CBK so far and if I had to vote right now, I'd vote with my case and suspicion.

I am currently rereading the entire thread now so maybe something else will jump out at me, but in the meantime, the person that stands out to me the most is you (unfortunately since you replaced in for someone I had been suspecting).

I know it's hard to defend against something that you weren't around for, and I'm not going to vote yet--that's why I'm taking the time to read through the whole thread and focus on people like Trice and Boats (who Vompatti seemed to have a suspcion of before getting lynched). However, Boomslang voted for bea, not rabbit--my original voting order for day 2 was incorrect so while I plan to pay attention to his votes, he's not on my list for the reasons CBK was.

Since my two primary suspicions both turned out to be civvies, I feel like I need to start at square one today which is why I'm rereading the entire thread, not just posts from one player at a time.
ImageImage

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

The root canal was much easier than expected, so yay for htat. So I have some time to mafia.
Flyin' High wrote:If I sounded at all like I contradicted myself, I'm sorry. My mistake was this: MP asked me which book I'd like to read from last night. I immediately responded "Green!" while thinking to myself green=alien.

Then I received my PM response from MP telling me Frank Zappa's role and I was confused because I thought I'd be getting one of Ziltoid's Army's roles. So I went to look at the roles and did a major facepalm because I realized I'd mixed up the civvie color with Ziltoid's army color. Image

It was a dumb mistake. But I owned up to it because it's honestly what happened.

And then as for choosing whether or not to reveal what I learned, based on the one role I learned about, I made the decision that the Frank Zappa and the civvies as a whole would benefit from knowing that by him using his power at night, he can be recruited to the Residents or worse, killed.

I thought that was helpful to share. If it wasn't then I honestly apologize. I was trying to do good not bad. :(

Linki: As for Trice, he's on my list of people to read through today. I think it's strange that he's been going after SVS for so long for something that I do not think had evil intentions (her expressing the concern over DF being the target for a kill as opposed to someone else). SVS has been playing her civvie game so far from what I can tell (even if I bristle at some of her accusations I don't think they're coming from a place of bad intentions).
FH, what do you think of Trice's use of the word, "us"?

juliets wrote:
Dom wrote:Who is Rob? :p
Dom, I had to ask the same thing. It is Epignosis.

@Kate - i think my longer post boils down to the same thing you said. For once I have too many suspects.
Oh, Eponine... :D
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

@Dom: I am currently making a large post about Trice--I'm about half-way through rereading the entire thread and think there is a good chance he's a baddie for various reasons.
ImageImage

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Flyin' High wrote:@Dom: I am currently making a large post about Trice--I'm about half-way through rereading the entire thread and think there is a good chance he's a baddie for various reasons.
I wouldn't disagree. You know I voted you so early because I didn't think I'd be around now, right? I mean, I highly suspect you, but yeah. :p
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 99

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Sorry I didn't get back about this yesterday! My girlfriend came over after I got off work last night so I ended up not bothering to post until today.

As for the whole prizes thing, it was honestly a mix-up. MP is right, I won the book from the posting challenge. My reward from the poker challenge was actually the -1 vote I start off with at the beginning of a lynch (DH and rey finished in the top 3 as well and as you all can see, they got the same reward). The musician check one-time ability came from the posting challenge on Day 2, when I was the first to say the secret word of 'coffee'. I think because I won prizes from 2 different posting challenges and the fact that I should have paid more attention to what the rest of the PMs said was why I got confused and posted me winning the book from the wrong source.

Will some people be suspicious of me because of the mix-up? Certainly. Will some of you believe it was an honest mistake on my part? Absolutely. I would expect that to happen. However, I would have a hard time understanding why it's a justified reason to vote for me without some further explanation.

But regardless of what any of you believe, I'm really sorry for the confusion! :(
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 99

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Flyin' High wrote:@Dom: I am currently making a large post about Trice--I'm about half-way through rereading the entire thread and think there is a good chance he's a baddie for various reasons.
I await to see your results. Because I'm currently leaning a bit towards you right now given that I'm not sure I entirely buy the way you have defended yourself with the whole green vs. purple book discussion. However, I'm also kind of curious as to why Trice has been going after SVS for this long now when all I've seen in this game is civvie SVS so far.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I read Trice and reread him, and I have a role in mind for him, and I think he might be a civ, I won't be voting for him/. I wish he did not suspect me, but I kinda see why he might.

But regardless of who else may or maynot be bad, I still think FH probably is bad.
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 132

Post by reywaS »

Could someone that won a book clear something up for me, purty please?

So, you won the book and could decide to read it or not? Did the simple act of you deciding to read it make it public, or did you guys have to make a separate decision to make it public? One of you may have explained this already, but all the talk about the books has confused me a bit.
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

reywaS wrote:Could someone that won a book clear something up for me, purty please?

So, you won the book and could decide to read it or not? Did the simple act of you deciding to read it make it public, or did you guys have to make a separate decision to make it public? One of you may have explained this already, but all the talk about the books has confused me a bit.
We were given the option of whether or not to make what we learned public.
ImageImage

Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

OMG I finally finished my reread of the entire thread. Here is what I've noticed about Trice and possibly The Truth (who if I'm right about Trice may be his teammate).
triceratopzeuhl wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:From what I can gather, Troofy doesn't understand why he got a vote from Epig/Robert, but I don't quite get the last part of it. A little help someone?
I think it's something about the fact that he's unable to defend himself. If somebody insane tries to make a case on somebody else insane, do they cancel out and make it ok, or is it still considered bad form? Even if I know somebody is bad (not yet this game, but it happens eventually), I like to hear their piddly attempts at self-defense, sometimes you get bonus teammates out of that or whatever.

linki - you're always indi Damo Suzuki to me
The sentence I underlined pinged me because I'm not sure why he felt he had to add that he doesn't yet know someone is bad this game to that sentence. If he had just said, "even if I know somebody is bad..." I wouldn't have batted an eye, but adding the second part makes me think he already knows who baddies are (because he's one of them) and he felt compelled to defend his statement.
triceratopzeuhl wrote:I'm not going to be home from work in time for the lynch tomorrow, so I have to vote now. Going to vote SVS because of the weird post about Faraday, and because I don't have much else. I was looking at Dharma but he hasn't posted anything since so I don't have additional material to go off. Sorry if you're good SVS, bih otherwise <3
Here is where he voted for SVS without ever mentioning her or that he found her post about DF odd before. Now, I know he said he wouldn't be around the next day so he had to vote early--but he kept coming back to the thread and posting for about 2 hours after making this post. This just felt like a drive-by vote that was followed after the fact with explanation when it felt like the explanation should have preceded the vote (in a previous post rather than the post where he actually voted).
The Truth wrote:I reprint you understand what I'm submergence to unexaggerated. Bill the Lizard vote goes agnosticism SVS as well because she's toga faldstool strange machinal Dormouse insanity.
Interestingly (to me at least), The Truth votes SVS right after Trice also because he found her post strange (at least...I am pretty sure that's what he was saying).

Then throughout the remainder of the Day phase The Truth continues justifying the SVS suspicion (again I think that's what he was saying, he was insanified) and my gut impression of that was that he was also defending Trice's vote while Trice wasn't around to do it (since there was discussion about Trice's early vote).

Another thing I noticed while rereading Day 2 that I hadn't really put much thought into until reading back through the thread now, is that this was the same Day that LoRab was day-killed by Commander Squizloid and also the day that she cast the one lone vote for Trice. Was that a frame-up attempt on Trice? Or something to do with voting Trice allows him to day-kill? Or something completely unrelated and LoRab just got really unlucky. Because prior to her being day-killed, the only thing she'd posted that seemed of any real consequence was calling out Trice as being suspicious for his early and sudden vote for SVS.
The Truth wrote:I don't think Trice's posts were of ill-intentions. I just think he was honestly just a little weirded by the posts.
Along with most of The Truth’s insanified posts on Day 2, just another one where he appears to be defending Trice or supporting him.

SVS pointed out in this post here (viewtopic.php?p=2136#p2136) that had bea been able to defend on Day 2, the lynch might have gone down differently since The Residents didn't actually have anything to do with DF or Devin's deaths. My reason for pointing this out is that if Trice is bad, maybe he was sensitive to SVS' insight into thinking DF or maybe Devin wasn't the intended target because he knew she was right and wanted to try to put the spotlight on her for something he was actually responsible for (the switching of his intended target onto DF or Devin).
Dom wrote:Now, here's something from Day 0 that I'm shocked that no one caught:
The Truth wrote:I'm going with my gut and guessing that the "resident" ordeal is reverse psychology. So I'm reversing the reverse psychology and voting for pluto.
triceratopzeuhl wrote:I'm going with my gut and guessing that the "resident" ordeal is reverse reverse psychology. So I'm reversing the reverse revere reverse psychology and voting for the sun.
These two posts were consecutive. I don't know either of these players off the top of my head unless they went by other usernames. If they're new, I suspect it's possible that they were talking about it in chat and this was the result. I just find it awfully strange. Unless they were replying to each other?
I don't know it jsut felt wrong.
I also am not caugh tup. :p

Odd :/
While rereading the entire game thread, I had begun to notice connections between Trice and The Truth but missed this one since it was so early on so I am glad to have this pointed out because it adds support to my theory that Trice and The Truth are teammates.
triceratopzeuhl wrote:HM

Books

Also I think BWT meant 3rd in the posting challenge, and mistyped. That way would actually make sense.

And for the record I believe there are benefits for us to be able to know what other civs are capable of as well. I mean, Damo Suzuki just killed a civvie last night. Their actions affect us this game too, not just those of the baddies.
With this post I was less pinged by the use of the word “us” and much more pinged by suggesting that knowing more civvie secrets would be a good idea for everyone to know. I don’t agree with this at all (I know, totally ironic coming from me, right? Image). I can read this one of two ways (maybe both)—Trice is a baddie who wants to know more civvie secrets and/or Trice is a member of Ziltoid’s army and doesn’t want me revealing any of those secrets tonight so he’s suggesting more reading of the civvie book.

Also, the chaindeath was a civvie, no wait, Damo Suzuki killed as a civvie thing just added onto the strangeness for me.

He follows up almost immediately with this post:
triceratopzeuhl wrote:Not benefits that outweigh the benefits of knowing baddie powers, but it's not a total loss. I do buy that she wasn't thinking about the colors. BWT said he made the connection that red=indy himself, so it can't have been explicitly explained with the doling of the prize
Which to me reads like an attempt to cover his butt from the previous post with regards to knowing civvie secrets would be helpful.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All of that being said, I still think CBK/Timmer is a baddie and likely a member of The Residents. I think Trice, if a baddie, is a member of Ziltoid's Army and potentially The Truth with him.

I think I see what SVS is seeing (referencing her most recent post), but based on my entire reread of the thread, I am not sure on the issue. So I'd welcome discussion on this before I make a decision about who to vote for today.
ImageImage

Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

reywaS wrote:Could someone that won a book clear something up for me, purty please?

First we were offered the choice of what color book we wanted. I assume I was second because I only had the choice of blue (cyan) or red. I chose blue because it had more baddies in it than red. At the time I had assumed FH had purple, never thought of green tbh until she said it in the thread.

then when night rolled around you either read slow, medium or fast. The faster you read the more info you get. This was decided by MP I guess because I don't know what I may have done to make it go at any particular speed. I got 2 chapters, in the same PM that gave the info it asked if I wanted to make it public or keep it to myself.

I also had the option of keeping the book or giving it away. Which I did, but I'm not telling to whom ;)
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

FH, I definitely agree with your analysis on Trice and Truth. I pointed out that they seemed connected a couple of days ago (as yuo brought up in your post), and I can't shake that they seem buddy buddy

But you're likely bad too. :D
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

FH, I'd like to see how close together those two posts were about the reverse psychology. Gonna go look.

I also agree that the chaindeath was a civvie was a slip.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Kate wrote:FH, I'd like to see how close together those two posts were about the reverse psychology. Gonna go look.

They're consecutive...
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Re: Avant-Garde Mafia 2: The Ultimate Dimensional Battle

Post by Kate »

The Truth wrote:I'm going with my gut and guessing that the "resident" ordeal is reverse psychology. So I'm reversing the reverse psychology and voting for pluto.
11:25
triceratopzeuhl wrote:I'm going with my gut and guessing that the "resident" ordeal is reverse reverse psychology. So I'm reversing the reverse revere reverse psychology and voting for the sun.
11:28

Weird. Is three minutes enough to see that, think of a "witty" comeback and post?
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Boomslang »

Frig, this is too much to read. The voting order analysis seems like an awful lot of work for very little precision; people have been mentioning outside commitments and other factors that influence the order beyond waiting to see what others do. You're confounding variables, as it were, and there's a large amount of error involved.

As for the reveal of Zappa's secrets, I can see where it'd be a good idea to warn him of the risks involved in searching. Revealing other civvies who don't have such risks associated with their actions might be :eye: worthy.

And maybe it's personal, but I don't like how Timmer's defense was "look at the other guy" instead of addressing the underlying points.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Dom wrote:
Kate wrote:FH, I'd like to see how close together those two posts were about the reverse psychology. Gonna go look.

They're consecutive...
I meant timewise. I was expecting it to be like 10-15 minutes between posts, but 3 minutes??? I'm baffled now.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

FH, Did MP specifically tell you that part of that secret was even secret to Zappa?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Kate wrote:
Dom wrote:

They're consecutive...
I meant timewise. I was expecting it to be like 10-15 minutes between posts, but 3 minutes??? I'm baffled now.
That's what I tried saying when I brought it up when I first caught up...
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

Kate wrote:FH, Did MP specifically tell you that part of that secret was even secret to Zappa?
Yes he did. He told me that Zappa himself didn't know about the second, lighter green part of the secret. When he told me that, that's what made me decide to make the secret public. Because if I had a role that could die simply from targeting the wrong person with my power, I'd want to know.
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”