Marmot (Hosts/Nons/Deads)
50%

Total votes: 16
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 396

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Epignosis »

I will say that I don't get why nutella spent so much time putting together a directory of time zones instead of discussing the upcoming lynch.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 464

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:52 pm I will say that I don't get why nutella spent so much time putting together a directory of time zones instead of discussing the upcoming lynch.
I'd like to know your thoughts on Jack if you feel like it.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I still like Mesk's response, and that's the best reason I have to think anybody is good at this stage. I do wish Mesk would bless us with some commentary though.

Glorfindel hasn't posted yet, which isn't a good sign.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 781
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:52 pm I will say that I don't get why nutella spent so much time putting together a directory of time zones instead of discussing the upcoming lynch.
I asked for it, she actually came back with it surprisingly fast
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 489
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Epi, I would be super happy if you would sing for us again. Sorry about the politics thing earlier. That was rude of me.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:03 am Epi, I would be super happy if you would sing for us again. Sorry about the politics thing earlier. That was rude of me.
It's cool man. :beer: No time to sing lately because of work and now rehearsals. Someday though.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:59 pm
For me, Jack is Long Con Jr.

I can never follow his thought process and I instinctively believe he is lying about his conclusions (especially when they concern me). In this particular instance, I won't be voting Jack today, because at this stage I'd rather lynch someone less active than someone who is at least moving things along (even if its moving against me).
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

And I just noticed LC AND nutella voted Jack. So I'm definitely not going there today.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:53 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:02 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:57 pm @Sloonei
@colonialbob

What do you think of Epi's vote for LC?
I'm not loving this version of Epignosis. He seems to be working harder at discrediting the accusations against him than actually figuring out the players making the accusations. This doesn't look like the crafty town Epignosis who will get under people's skin for the sake of reading them without any fear or regard for his own appearance. Instead he looks like he's trying to fight his way out of a corner.
I don't disagree with this. Epi's playstyle is argumentative, but in my experience he favours offense over defence.
Is this an accurate representation of your gameplay, Epi?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:10 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:08 pm Tie strategy is overrated.

Good application: Your top two suspects have votes. You tie their trains and see what baddies do.

Bad application: You vote for someone who you don't think is bad for no benefit.

Scum application: Doing the previously stated thing as an excuse not to have to scumhunt.
Bob is here.
Is this supposed to mean I'm in one of the red zones or the white zone?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Quin wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:16 am
@colonialbob

I'm not loving this version of Epignosis. He seems to be working harder at discrediting the accusations against him than actually figuring out the players making the accusations. This doesn't look like the crafty town Epignosis who will get under people's skin for the sake of reading them without any fear or regard for his own appearance. Instead he looks like he's trying to fight his way out of a corner.
I don't disagree with this. Epi's playstyle is argumentative, but in my experience he favours offense over defence.
I don't have a "playstyle." I do whatever justice bids me do. :noble:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Quin, I believe you cast the first stone, and have now moved on to nutella. Supposing both of us were dead, who would get your vote and why?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:20 am
Quin wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:16 am
@colonialbob

I don't have a "playstyle." I do whatever justice bids me do. :noble:
[pterodactyl noises]
ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

colonialbob wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:54 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:29 pm
colonialbob wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:25 pm
colonialbob wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:05 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:34 pm As for the cbob and mesk no-vote posts... they're empty filler. Neither of them are in any way real or substantial gameplay. There was nothing about mesk's "dirt" comment that should lead to any alignment decisions. IF you really feel the need to read into it, it indicates a general ignorance or the game structure, which doesn't show as good or bad. And I don't feel like it was even that. Does anyone disagree with this?
Yeah. There's at least as much content there as the Daisy guilt thing. Not gonna argue about my joke though.

(Catching up intermittently, posting as stuff catches my eye, so ignore if I'm outdated)
Long Con care to address this point since you responded to the other quote of this post?
I don't understand what you are saying, can you phrase it differently please? I was saying that Epi's alignment conclusions about mesk, based on the "dirt" post, are not legit because the logic isn't there... you are comparing it to the Daisy guilt thing, but I can't figure out what you mean by your wording.
You said Epi's read of mesk was not legit because there wasn't anything in that post to get a read off of but didn't say something similar about the Spacedaisy votes because she said sorry she checked in and that apparently meant she felt guilty for being mafia. So I would like you to address that discrepancy.

PS boarded, will be back before EoD to at least skim and potentially change my vote.
[mention]Long Con[/mention] for the third time, plz respond kthx
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:21 am Quin, I believe you cast the first stone, and have now moved on to nutella. Supposing both of us were dead, who would get your vote and why?
DDL. I want to get him talking.
ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Thoughts at the moment:
The initial pressure on Epi was stupid. The bad argument pressure is better but could also be opportunistic. Lean that it's genuine but could be an attempt at sound and fury signifying nothing.

LC not responding to me question even when I pinged him and re-explained bothers me.

Jack is half hunting half doing weird meta talk. Reminded a bit of my first game on the Syndicate (Realms/Syndicate crossover), where he did the similar thing and was mafia. Not as strong of a ping thus far, but something to keep an eye on.

Feeling good at the moment about Quin, Sloonei, and speed.

Don't like Eloh's Epi defense. Don't know her enough to know of its actually something to read into.

Can't figure Kyle. Seems similar to early pirates, but not quite as 'good.

No reads on anybody else.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Epignosis wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:12 am
Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:59 pm
For me, Jack is Long Con Jr.

I can never follow his thought process and I instinctively believe he is lying about his conclusions (especially when they concern me). In this particular instance, I won't be voting Jack today, because at this stage I'd rather lynch someone less active than someone who is at least moving things along (even if its moving against me).
:ponder: :ponder: :ponder:

LC, how old are you? :biggrin:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:39 am I don't like this Epi lynch. Feels like there's a bunch of scum surrounding him like vultures waiting to see if they can lynch him or not. Lots of people "kind of" wanting to vote for him.
At this stage, I had two votes for sure (LC and Quin).

DDL made a sweeping accusation of people who had not voted for me. He voted Sloonei at one point for "fence-sitting," but then voted nutella. His votes are thus quite consistent with his posts, except for this:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:23 pm I've just noticed something, after reading Bob's "vote early/often" expression.

In a standard NF game I change my vote 3-4 times every phase, give or take. I vote often and boldly.

But here I feel like I have some restraint voting, perhaps because of the first games I played in this forum that didn't allow changing votes.

I've been having better results as a civ there than here, so I'll try to keep that in mind. I should vote more often.
I don't understand why this post exists.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

colonialbob wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:17 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:10 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:08 pm Tie strategy is overrated.

Good application: Your top two suspects have votes. You tie their trains and see what baddies do.

Bad application: You vote for someone who you don't think is bad for no benefit.

Scum application: Doing the previously stated thing as an excuse not to have to scumhunt.
Bob is here.
Is this supposed to mean I'm in one of the red zones or the white zone?
Red. Nothing prior to this indicated actual suspicion of LC.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

We have an hour and a half left. The top three vote getters are Nutella, LC, and Jack.

If the best person to lynch today is anyone but one of those three then we need to decide that now before we get caught up in some vote-rush shenanigans
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I take that back. I just don't get the Epi/Daisy inconsistency so my mind writes it off.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[mention]colonialbob[/mention]

I don't think I've ever seen Eloh suspect Epi. She tends to defend him. I don't think I've seen an Eloh as town and Epi as scum combo, though.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:38 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:39 am I don't like this Epi lynch. Feels like there's a bunch of scum surrounding him like vultures waiting to see if they can lynch him or not. Lots of people "kind of" wanting to vote for him.
At this stage, I had two votes for sure (LC and Quin).

DDL made a sweeping accusation of people who had not voted for me. He voted Sloonei at one point for "fence-sitting," but then voted nutella. His votes are thus quite consistent with his posts, except for this:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:23 pm I've just noticed something, after reading Bob's "vote early/often" expression.

In a standard NF game I change my vote 3-4 times every phase, give or take. I vote often and boldly.

But here I feel like I have some restraint voting, perhaps because of the first games I played in this forum that didn't allow changing votes.

I've been having better results as a civ there than here, so I'll try to keep that in mind. I should vote more often.
I don't understand why this post exists.
His sweeping accusation could use some more explanation. Right now he's not actually saying anything.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I've moved to DDL.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:40 am We have an hour and a half left. The top three vote getters are Nutella, LC, and Jack.

If the best person to lynch today is anyone but one of those three then we need to decide that now before we get caught up in some vote-rush shenanigans
What if doing something now is a shenanigan in itself?
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Quin wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:49 am
Kylemii wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:40 am We have an hour and a half left. The top three vote getters are Nutella, LC, and Jack.

I guess technically it would be... shenanigans are exponentially more dangerous the faster they happen
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:53 am

I guess technically it would be... shenanigans are exponentially more dangerous the faster they happen
Dangerous for whom?
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 320
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:32 amLC, how old are you? :biggrin:
I was born... before the nineties.
colonialbob wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:24 am
colonialbob wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:54 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:29 pm
colonialbob wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:25 pm
colonialbob wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:05 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:34 pm As for the cbob and mesk no-vote posts... they're empty filler. Neither of them are in any way real or substantial gameplay. There was nothing about mesk's "dirt" comment that should lead to any alignment decisions. IF you really feel the need to read into it, it indicates a general ignorance or the game structure, which doesn't show as good or bad. And I don't feel like it was even that. Does anyone disagree with this?
Yeah. There's at least as much content there as the Daisy guilt thing. Not gonna argue about my joke though.

(Catching up intermittently, posting as stuff catches my eye, so ignore if I'm outdated)
Long Con care to address this point since you responded to the other quote of this post?
I don't understand what you are saying, can you phrase it differently please? I was saying that Epi's alignment conclusions about mesk, based on the "dirt" post, are not legit because the logic isn't there... you are comparing it to the Daisy guilt thing, but I can't figure out what you mean by your wording.
You said Epi's read of mesk was not legit because there wasn't anything in that post to get a read off of but didn't say something similar about the Spacedaisy votes because she said sorry she checked in and that apparently meant she felt guilty for being mafia. So I would like you to address that discrepancy.

PS boarded, will be back before EoD to at least skim and potentially change my vote.
[mention]Long Con[/mention] for the third time, plz respond kthx
Sorry dude, I'm not failing to respond on purpose. I have no need to avoid this question.

I formed that opinion of Epi's read because his game was on my mind more, and it was only from re-considering his mesk opinions that I came to that conclusion. I hadn't looked as deeply into the Daisy accusation. I did have this response:
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:53 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:08 am Put a vote on Spacedaisy. Do we believe her guilt to be coming from a place of empathy for game hosts everywhere, or from her role card?
I'm not really buying the idea that she feels guilty about rolling Mafia, making it affect her very first post in the game.
I didn't see any need to treat the Daisy votes any differently than any other votes at the time. They seemed like pressure votes, and that was fine with me.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:57 am
Kylemii wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:53 am

Dangerous for whom?
Pretty much everyone.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I am running low on strength, insight, and beer.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I thought I'd have more time to dig into this between coming home from work and the end of day. I'll do things, but not as much as I hoped. If I like the nutella wagon I'll solidify it. If not then you're all jerks.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

There are presently eight missing votes. :|
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:11 am
Long Con wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:47 pm How come Mars gets to have such a big mountain? :pout:
gravity bruh
Dom wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:22 pm y'all talk too much
That's all from Dom. I would lynch him.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:53 pm Yay game! :yay:

This theme is pretty cool, just saying. Cool mountains, Marmot. :slick:
That's all from MP. I would lynch him.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Should we lynch DDL, Dom, or MP? Or Glorf?

Are they more likely to be Mafia than nutella?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Let's at least make this a tie k
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

You know that feeling you get when you're with some friends and you're deciding what resturaunt to go to and then 5 people out of 19 of your buds say Applebee's and you're just like... 'Wow I mean I guess they have good cocktails?' so then you ask your other friends if they have any better ideas and then 3 of them casually recommend a cafeteria they know that's inside of a local hospital and it's out of the way but their tuna sandwich is kind of okay?

That's kind of where I'm at rn
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:22 am Should we lynch DDL, Dom, or MP? Or Glorf?

Nobody is more likely to be mafia than anybody else.

However, if all of the low activity / non-voting people are civilians, the game is over before it's begun.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Long Con wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:22 am Should we lynch DDL, Dom, or MP? Or Glorf?

I'm not fond of any of these. I can rely on DDL providing meat, any of the other three are coming out of nowhere.

Wait, don't I like lynching no-shows Day 1? Not this time, punks!
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

nutella wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:24 am Let's at least make this a tie k
Actually nevermind Nutella is bad
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Can you respond to some of the things I've said about you?
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Sorry folks, I've had a ridiculously busy and not-so-good work day today and really don't have time for mafia now. These 24 hour day cycles are killer. I'll probably be replacing out, but I'll see if I can catch up some other time.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:30 am
Actually nevermind Nutella is bad
Sorry, what? You clearly misunderstood what I just said
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:24 am You know that feeling you get when you're with some friends and you're deciding what resturaunt to go to and then 5 people out of 19 of your buds say Applebee's and you're just like... 'Wow I mean I guess they have good cocktails?' so then you ask your other friends if they have any better ideas and then 3 of them casually recommend a cafeteria they know that's inside of a local hospital and it's out of the way but their tuna sandwich is kind of okay?

My understanding of your metaphor is contingent upon knowing whether or not Applebee's actually serves good cocktails.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:33 am
Kylemii wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:24 am You know that feeling you get when you're with some friends and you're deciding what resturaunt to go to and then 5 people out of 19 of your buds say Applebee's and you're just like... 'Wow I mean I guess they have good cocktails?' so then you ask your other friends if they have any better ideas and then 3 of them casually recommend a cafeteria they know that's inside of a local hospital and it's out of the way but their tuna sandwich is kind of okay?

My understanding of your metaphor is contingent upon knowing whether or not Applebee's actually serves good cocktails.
They don't.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

ok who dumped a vote on nutella and ran
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

nvm. Might have been Kyle.
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

[mention]nutella[/mention] there are enough people here to swing almost anything else, why try to make a tie between yourself and LC? You haven't expressed any suspicion towards him stronger than "he might be bad"
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:47 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:40 am I might be persuaded to go with Epi today, but as of right now I'd not be willing to put a definitive vote on him.
This following "I move my vote around constantly on Day 1" begs an explanation.
My final Day 1 vote is not the same as a Day 1 pressure vote. I like for that one to be reasoned and informed. All the other ones are just me poking people with a stick. I was saying that I hadn't been convinced that Epi was deserving of a final vote, but that the door was not shut on it.

Epi's not getting my vote today.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:36 am
Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:47 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:40 am I might be persuaded to go with Epi today, but as of right now I'd not be willing to put a definitive vote on him.
This following "I move my vote around constantly on Day 1" begs an explanation.
My final Day 1 vote is not the same as a Day 1 pressure vote. I like for that one to be reasoned and informed. All the other ones are just me poking people with a stick. I was saying that I hadn't been convinced that Epi was deserving of a final vote, but that the door was not shut on it.

Epi's not getting my vote today.
Sloonei, are you a little mountain?
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”