Total votes: 16
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 489
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: Mountain Mafia [NIGHT 1]

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

[mention]Spacedaisy[/mention]

I thought Nutella was clear town in Pokemon, too. Not coasting. I've never seen good Nutella just whatever a game. Course, she came back later with some content.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:30 pm Is LC saying bogus things a scumtell?
Yes but imo, he's not doing so.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Spacedaisy »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:11 pm I thought Nutella was clear town in Pokemon, too. Not coasting. I've never seen good Nutella just whatever a game. Course, she came back later with some content.
People were saying meta was not involved. I was showing how it most definitely was mentioned multiple times in the lynch train. I don't doubt you thought you had some tell, but my point was arguing meta about Nutella is unlikely to get you far. Her meta got her caught out too many times in past games, she caught on and now you can't count on being able to accurately read her meta. Which is exactly why meta is an unreliable indicator for player alignment in general.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Epignosis wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:55 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:39 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:19 pm Spacedaisy, what would your opinion of me be if I had gone ahead and voted for nutella?
Probably still in my tinfoil feeling. Because my biggest suspicion of you is that I think the exchange between you and LC feels off, it feels different than past exchanges. And I think you feel different. Your treatment of Nutella is only a part of it. I think it is strange that by the time I was reading everything that occurred you had the most talk of suspicion surrounding you, but no votes. I don't get that. I also don't get your demeanor.

The way I perceive your baddie play is based entirely off what I have seen you do while I was hosting you. You find the pressure point that gets a rise out of the people going after you, you hit those pressure points hard so that the player gets upset and discredits him or herself. As a civ you go over and over and over and over what you think is a flaw in logic or accusation. And you are fairly insulting about it. Here you did a bit of repetition with very little insult and then just seemed like you shrugged and walked off. I just don't get what you are doing. The only sense I can make of it is that you and LC are baddie teammates who planned to go after each other.
Or, I don't know...this is just a crazy idea, I realize...but maybe...

...I've been trying to stop doing that altogether? :grin:
Babyofhearts (on Epi): Her is grumpy
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:18 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:11 pm I thought Nutella was clear town in Pokemon, too. Not coasting. I've never seen good Nutella just whatever a game. Course, she came back later with some content.
People were saying meta was not involved. I was showing how it most definitely was mentioned multiple times in the lynch train. I don't doubt you thought you had some tell, but my point was arguing meta about Nutella is unlikely to get you far. Her meta got her caught out too many times in past games, she caught on and now you can't count on being able to accurately read her meta. Which is exactly why meta is an unreliable indicator for player alignment in general.
Meta was involved for me. Nobody else used it as a reason to vote for her, iirc.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Also, this is all recent meta. < a year
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I don't even know what I'm arguing for. Daisy already said she thinks I really think that and I already said I think Nutella is good.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

lol, we seem to be having these type of conversations a lot this game, don't we Jack.

Don't take anything I say too seriously at the moment, I'm trying to just read things and think them through. I'm feeling very indecisive about how I am interpreting things at the moment.

If I have a hard and fast accusation to make, I will make it and you will know it.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I'm just having a fucking day at work. Ready to fight over nothing.

I look forward to hearing more from you and DDL and Jimmy.
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

[mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention]
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:00 pm Anyhow, I think LC, Quin, Kyle, Sloonei are town in that order. Probably Bob too (don't listen to my Bob reads). Everyone else statistically probably town but not giving me reasons to think so.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:39 am A rainbow! (Like you guys give a shit)

Jack
Nutella
LC
Quin
Kyle

[pretend this is light green]
Sloonei
Sprityo[/pretending]
[yallow]
Daisy
Eloh
Sig
Wilgy
Glor
Melk
Dom
MP
DDL[/yaloh]
Speed
Bob

Epi
What changed?
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

What I do find confusing Jack is why you both believe Epi is bad and at the same time said you agree with him that Nutella is bad and your vote ended on Nutella. Where do you stand currently on Epi?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Mesk514 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:25 am uh no. that would require too much effort and we're all still getting to know each other first..jesus i just realized this game is already 700+ posts in.... So while I agree there is a lot of content I could comment on, I know everyone based on their interactions with others which is simply not fair to pass judgment on... plus I will always stick by my never give reads Day 1. Which is a rule I intend to keep, especially given it's 2:30 am.

You're still going to be my best friend though even if I annoy you. You're the only person I know here.
Hello Mesk, pleasure to meet you. I believe our strategies may be completely different. I've highlighted the interesting portions. How do you go about solving the game without passing judgment on player interactions? And why would a hard working townie want to hold their tongue for the first cycle? Day 1 is the point at which we will have the highest number of townies, so it's the best time to let all your thoughts fly.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

@CBob

You posted more, particularly attacking LC, who I view as town and whose logic speaks to me as reasonable (one of us is the other's jr).

Additionally, Nutella being town in my book means you could be one of two scummers instead of only one (Indy aside) so you're twice as likely to be bad. That was the main reason you were probably good.

This all said, I am never confident in my early CBob reads these days.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Jack, do you want me to give you the ability to @mention again?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:28 pm lol, we seem to be having these type of conversations a lot this game, don't we Jack.

Don't take anything I say too seriously at the moment, I'm trying to just read things and think them through. I'm feeling very indecisive about how I am interpreting things at the moment.

If I have a hard and fast accusation to make, I will make it and you will know it.
I'm quite enjoying this version of daisy. :workit:

I can also tell I'm going to like Mesk. Fun posts to read, those were.

Now that I'm not dead (for now at least...) I'll see what I can do to sort out those reads I hastily mentioned. I've given a handful of reasons for my Jack suspicion, but depending on how the discussion goes I might back off of that a little and keep an open mind about him. Still probably my most likely vote candidate as of right now. As for Quin and Kyle, those were just a couple names that I decided to throw out there based on very minor gut feelings and the sense that I needed to suspect some of the more active/civ-passing players so as not to let them slip by with unfounded civ cred in case they are bad. Like I got the sense that Quin was making himself look very active while not actually saying much in the way of substantial/original ideas. Idk, I have some ISOs to look at.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 497

Post by speedchuck »

Go ahead and elaborate on your read of me, while you're at it, Jack.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:34 pm What I do find confusing Jack is why you both believe Epi is bad and at the same time said you agree with him that Nutella is bad and your vote ended on Nutella. Where do you stand currently on Epi?
*eyebrow raise*

I thought I agreed with Epi on Night 1 that Nutella was good. If Epi agreed with me she was bad, that coincidental. My D1 Nutella read predated him taking a loud stance on her.

I still think Epi is bad. I want him to be good but the buddying and trying to scare people off him instead of hunting and pretending to not understand the case on him (misrepresenting LC) are still there so he's still bad imo.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:39 pm Jack, do you want me to give you the ability to mention again?
Does this not work?

[mention]colonialbob[/mention]
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 206

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Elohcin »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:28 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:40 pm lol jack if you think me being lazy is a scumtell you haven't played with me enough. you were spoiled in phenon, that was one of my best civ performances. I am normally lazy af and flipflopping all over the place, anyone can tell you that. I'm trying to change up my style anyway so it's less obvious, and have decided to go with a fast-and-loose, whatever-I-feel-like-saying style this game, and I've decided you're bad so I'm voting for you and I decided not to get deeply involved in discussion because, yeah, I'm lazy, deal with it

linki: wait you think I'm epi's scumbuddy? lol what? I very nearly voted for him first. I'm fine with him being lynched.
I like this post. I'm glad I didn't vote for nutella.
I think this new Nutella could be fun, but also a bit frustrating when getting down to the nitty gritty of scum-hunting.

Nutella... Are you fine with Epi being lynched because you think he's bad? Fine because you are bad and you know he isn't your teammate? Or, fine with him being lynched because you are apathetic this game?

Still catching up. I have to keep stopping so I can do RL shit. Why can't I just sit and read mafia all day? 😵
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:53 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:40 pm lol jack if you think me being lazy is a scumtell you haven't played with me enough. you were spoiled in phenon, that was one of my best civ performances. I am normally lazy af and flipflopping all over the place, anyone can tell you that. I'm trying to change up my style anyway so it's less obvious, and have decided to go with a fast-and-loose, whatever-I-feel-like-saying style this game, and I've decided you're bad so I'm voting for you and I decided not to get deeply involved in discussion because, yeah, I'm lazy, deal with it

linki: wait you think I'm epi's scumbuddy? lol what? I very nearly voted for him first. I'm fine with him being lynched.
I take back what I said about lynch Epi first. I'm totally okay with a Nutella lynch first.

Lol "I've decided you are bad"
This seems to be the post where Jack went full throttle on his nutella suspicion, and from there the rest of the votes trickled in. I expected a more substantive case somewhere along the line. My reaction to nutella's post in question was the exact opposite of Jack's: nutella is approaching this game completely fast and loose and is exuding confidence in the ideas she puts into the thread. Jack waves his hand at it and calls her bad. But I don't see why. I don't see what the bad girl strategy of this post is.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:00 pm Agreed with Quin Epi, Nutella bad.

Nutella being lazy is a scumtell. I don't think she thinks I'm bad nor thinks I'll get lynched but I'd rather....you know what? I'm not sure what Nutella is doing. We were teamed together and it was said that I focus too much on myself when I'm bad, as I focused too much on myself and tap danced to victory. So that's like...an unfriendly poke? But there's no weight behind it. It's not hunting. Feels like a distraction but it would only distract me onto her so...what is that for?

I don't want to switch to Nutella. I think she's more likely bad if Epi is bad and Epi is more likely to be bad if just one of them is. I dislike lynching people I suspect of being buddies with someone I suspect more. Like if we lynch Epi and he's town, I can revevaluate Nutella. If I lynch Nutella and she's town, I don't move on Epi. So why lynch Nutella first.

Anyhow, I think LC, Quin, Kyle, Sloonei are town in that order. Probably Bob too (don't listen to my Bob reads). Everyone else statistically probably town but not giving me reasons to think so.
Am I misunderstanding what you are saying here then? Were you saying "Agreed with Quin [&] Epi, Nutella bad" Or were you saying "Agreed with Quin, Epi [&] Nutella bad."
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 396

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:50 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:34 pm What I do find confusing Jack is why you both believe Epi is bad and at the same time said you agree with him that Nutella is bad and your vote ended on Nutella. Where do you stand currently on Epi?
*eyebrow raise*

I thought I agreed with Epi on Night 1 that Nutella was good. If Epi agreed with me she was bad, that coincidental. My D1 Nutella read predated him taking a loud stance on her.

I still think Epi is bad. I want him to be good but the buddying and trying to scare people off him instead of hunting and pretending to not understand the case on him (misrepresenting LC) are still there so he's still bad imo.
Does it ever occur to you that...

...I'm only "buddying" somebody if I'm bad? (Circular argument)
...Scaring people off me is only a bad thing if I'm bad? (Circular argument)
...Not "hunting" is only your perspective because you assume I'm bad? (Circular argument)
...I'm not pretending to not understand the case on me because the case is circular bullshit?

You don't want me to be good. You want me to be bad.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:19 pm Spacedaisy, what would your opinion of me be if I had gone ahead and voted for nutella?
Probably still in my tinfoil feeling. Because my biggest suspicion of you is that I think the exchange between you and LC feels off, it feels different than past exchanges. And I think you feel different. Your treatment of Nutella is only a part of it. I think it is strange that by the time I was reading everything that occurred you had the most talk of suspicion surrounding you, but no votes. I don't get that. I also don't get your demeanor.

The way I perceive your baddie play is based entirely off what I have seen you do while I was hosting you. You find the pressure point that gets a rise out of the people going after you, you hit those pressure points hard so that the player gets upset and discredits him or herself. As a civ you go over and over and over and over what you think is a flaw in logic or accusation. And you are fairly insulting about it. Here you did a bit of repetition with very little insult and then just seemed like you shrugged and walked off. I just don't get what you are doing. The only sense I can make of it is that you and LC are baddie teammates who planned to go after each other.
Wow, Haha! Daisy this is spot on, imo. It should be in Epi's signature.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Epi brought this post up last night and I wanted to circle back it:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:39 am I don't like this Epi lynch. Feels like there's a bunch of scum surrounding him like vultures waiting to see if they can lynch him or not. Lots of people "kind of" wanting to vote for him.
Who were the people "kind of" wanting to vote for Epi, DDL? You're alleging suspicious behavior here, but not naming any culprits. And how have your reads on these individuals in question developed since then?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:44 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:26 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:41 pm Kyle is like 10 right? DDL's kid?
Will you stop this before someone else buys it :suspish:
DDL is 26...in hexadecimal
Jack - I think you are thinking of Simon who is 10 and is Epi's son.
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:39 pm Additionally, Nutella being town in my book means you could be one of two scummers instead of only one (Indy aside) so you're twice as likely to be bad. That was the main reason you were probably good.
Elaborate please?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:16 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:30 pm Is LC saying bogus things a scumtell?
Yes but imo, he's not doing so.
The post that inspired my question was about you:
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:48 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:46 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:44 pm I'll join nutella in her Jack vote for his scumslip.
wait what? is it him saying "a few good townies" or something else that I'm missing
When I asked him how his post was a scum tell, he said "I don't know" instead of "It's not a scumtell, and cannot be because I'm a Civ."
Is that not a bogus accusation?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:47 pm Go ahead and elaborate on your read of me, while you're at it, Jack.
Didn't like the way you came in shooting at LC but then fell on Nutella.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Elohcin wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:02 pm

Wow, Haha! Daisy this is spot on, imo. It should be in Epi's signature.
:blush: Awe thanks Eloh!

So tell me how you perceive Epi's play this game?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:58 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:00 pm Agreed with Quin Epi, Nutella bad.

Nutella being lazy is a scumtell. I don't think she thinks I'm bad nor thinks I'll get lynched but I'd rather....you know what? I'm not sure what Nutella is doing. We were teamed together and it was said that I focus too much on myself when I'm bad, as I focused too much on myself and tap danced to victory. So that's like...an unfriendly poke? But there's no weight behind it. It's not hunting. Feels like a distraction but it would only distract me onto her so...what is that for?

I don't want to switch to Nutella. I think she's more likely bad if Epi is bad and Epi is more likely to be bad if just one of them is. I dislike lynching people I suspect of being buddies with someone I suspect more. Like if we lynch Epi and he's town, I can revevaluate Nutella. If I lynch Nutella and she's town, I don't move on Epi. So why lynch Nutella first.

Anyhow, I think LC, Quin, Kyle, Sloonei are town in that order. Probably Bob too (don't listen to my Bob reads). Everyone else statistically probably town but not giving me reasons to think so.
Am I misunderstanding what you are saying here then? Were you saying "Agreed with Quin [&] Epi, Nutella bad" Or were you saying "Agreed with Quin, Epi [&] Nutella bad."
The later.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

ok, this was the source of my confusion.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Epignosis wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:00 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:50 pm
*eyebrow raise*

Does it ever occur to you that...

...I'm only "buddying" somebody if I'm bad? (Circular argument)
...Scaring people off me is only a bad thing if I'm bad? (Circular argument)
...Not "hunting" is only your perspective because you assume I'm bad? (Circular argument)
...I'm not pretending to not understand the case on me because the case is circular bullshit?

You don't want me to be good. You want me to be bad.
Saying someone is acting bad assumes they really are bad. Otherwise, you're misinterpreting.

Ergo, all scumhunting is bunk.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Elohcin wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:04 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:44 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:26 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:41 pm Kyle is like 10 right? DDL's kid?
Will you stop this before someone else buys it :suspish:
DDL is 26...in hexadecimal
Jack - I think you are thinking of Simon who is 10 and is Epi's son.
Kyle joked about being DDL's kid in another game and I fell for it.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by nutella »

Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:34 am
Long Con wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:58 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:40 pmI'm better at being scum than that Sloonei.
Can you provide proof of this?
idk but this is a perfect opportunity to reaffirm that I'm a better mafia than Epignosis.
Good to know... :evileye:
Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:36 pm Mm. I thought I had a valid point but it got skipped over in Epi's catch up. I've realised my error but I already did the hyperlink and everything, so a response would be nice.
Epignosis wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:12 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:53 pm
Uh, you pick two Civs and buddy them so they trust you and don't lynch you. Long game benefit: survival, and more likely to lynch Civs along the way. You intimidate Sloonei out of coming after you. Benefit: One less Civ coming after you; survival; more likely to lynch a Civ along the way.
Wait a minute.

How does Long Con know Mesk, coolonialbob, and Sloonei are civilians?
A valid question.
Alright I'm gonna go all Epi-style on this one. "Valid" is currently perhaps one of the most overused words in the English language. This post is devoid of meaning. All it really accomplishes is to express a "+1" sentiment toward Epi's question/"catch" of LC's so-called "slip", and a bit of a turnaround since Quin had been originally going hard against Epi.
Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:06 pm
Long Con wrote:
Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:03 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:36 pmHow does Long Con know Mesk, coolonialbob, and Sloonei are civilians?
A valid question.
I already let someone else prove it's not valid. Are you following along ok?
Yes sir. It's still a valid train of thought. You're not immune to scum slips.
:rolleyes: Now he's on a hot pursuit for this possible slip. The way Quin jumps on this just reeks of opportunistic baddie to me.
Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:15 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:58 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:40 pmI'm better at being scum than that Sloonei.
Can you provide proof of this?
Why was it necessary to have her prove this?
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:05 am @Long Con Lost Again 3 comes to mind. But whatever man. I don't feel the need to prove I can play a good scum game. Especially given the fact that I am not scum in this game.
I also like this response. Quickly ending a conversation which seems of non-import to me. Unless LC wanted to glean something from it, in which case, read quote one.
Small thing I found amusing here. Quin expresses that he felt a conversation was pointless. Same thing he accused me of with regards to Epi vs. LC -- wanting to stifle discussion even if it might generate D1 content.

Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:37 pm guys im on a roll give me more people to postspam
Eager boy!! Doggie wants his bone!
This could easily be more of a town style indicator, but I don't want to underestimate Quin's wifom capabilities. Like I said earlier, I'm wary of players who might be hiding in plain sight behind a hefty post count.
Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:42 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:30 am
Epignosis wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:22 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:21 am
How many times have you seen me cast a single vote on Day 1 and leave it there?
Was I supposed to be paying attention to you all this time? I'm sorry.
I'm saying I throw my votes around willynilly on every Day 1 that I ever play in. You're usually pretty on the ball about what goes on in game threads, but you've seldom been skeptical of me for doing this in the past.
This is fair. Even if you don't pay that much attention you can get a general idea of what a person likes if you play with them enough. For example, I know that around Day 3 Jack and I are going to tear each others throats out.
I'm looking forward to that, if both of you make it that long.
Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:01 pm

I didn't just ISO like six people for second place. Re-evaluate your town reads, you jerk.
More of this openly tryhard-y crap.

And one other thing, he expresses a townread of Sloonei for a while, then turns on him with an accusation toward EOD. Just taking note of that development.

So that's all I've got for Quin. Could go either way on him, but there are definitely a few tidbits here that stick out as odd.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

I am the person Epi allegedly tried to intimidate on Day 1. He was not trying to intimidate me.

I was also the first person to bring up what has been dubbed his "buddying" of two players. I do not think this is a valid line of suspicion. It is on par with my Day 0 Daisy prod.

The case against Epignosis is a silly one.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Elohcin wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:54 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:28 pm

I like this post. I'm glad I didn't vote for nutella.
I think this new Nutella could be fun, but also a bit frustrating when getting down to the nitty gritty of scum-hunting.

Nutella... Are you fine with Epi being lynched because you think he's bad? Fine because you are bad and you know he isn't your teammate? Or, fine with him being lynched because you are apathetic this game?

Still catching up. I have to keep stopping so I can do RL shit. Why can't I just sit and read mafia all day? 😵
I was fine with Epi as a D1 candidate. He's not my top suspect, but I agreed with the original buddying case and thought (and I guess still think) he might be bad.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by speedchuck »

nutella wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:22 pm
Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:36 pm Mm. I thought I had a valid point but it got skipped over in Epi's catch up. I've realised my error but I already did the hyperlink and everything, so a response would be nice.
Epignosis wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:12 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:53 pm
Uh, you pick two Civs and buddy them so they trust you and don't lynch you. Long game benefit: survival, and more likely to lynch Civs along the way. You intimidate Sloonei out of coming after you. Benefit: One less Civ coming after you; survival; more likely to lynch a Civ along the way.
Wait a minute.

How does Long Con know Mesk, coolonialbob, and Sloonei are civilians?
A valid question.
Alright I'm gonna go all Epi-style on this one. "Valid" is currently perhaps one of the most overused words in the English language. This post is devoid of meaning. All it really accomplishes is to express a "+1" sentiment toward Epi's question/"catch" of LC's so-called "slip", and a bit of a turnaround since Quin had been originally going hard against Epi.

... [stuff]

So that's all I've got for Quin. Could go either way on him, but there are definitely a few tidbits here that stick out as odd.
"Valid" "odd" :shrug2:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Just a friendly reminder that the buddying case on Epi was just the worst
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:29 pm Just a friendly reminder that the buddying case on Epi was just the worst
why?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:23 pm I am the person Epi allegedly tried to intimidate on Day 1. He was not trying to intimidate me.

I was also the first person to bring up what has been dubbed his "buddying" of two players. I do not think this is a valid line of suspicion. It is on par with my Day 0 Daisy prod.

This makes a difference in my view of my previous tinfoil of Epi/LC actually.

I'm heading to work, I'll check in occasionally but don't expect much out of me for the next seven hours or so.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:29 pm Just a friendly reminder that the buddying case on Epi was just the worst
I agree
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:34 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:23 pm I am the person Epi allegedly tried to intimidate on Day 1. He was not trying to intimidate me.

This makes a difference in my view of my previous tinfoil of Epi/LC actually.

I'm heading to work, I'll check in occasionally but don't expect much out of me for the next seven hours or so.
Are you more inclined to look favorably on either one of them than you were before?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

nutella wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:31 pm
why?
All Epi did was throw out a couple of names that pleased him, in one form or another, and said he wasn't going to vote them D1.

Burden of proof on you guys. Give me a valid reason that this is scummy behavior. It doesn't make sense as a long game. Calling what Epi did "buddying" is like calling a D1 vote "hate mongering".

It's hard to argue against something that doesn't make sense, as Epi found out, but if you can explain the case in a way that doesn't sound insane, I'll give you some nebulous speedchuck points and rescind my opinion.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Are there are ways to earn speedchuck points?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:06 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:47 pm Go ahead and elaborate on your read of me, while you're at it, Jack.
Didn't like the way you came in shooting at LC but then fell on Nutella.
I went back and looked at your posts. You were with LC practically the whole time. :evileye: Lost some points with me there, mate. Twas a poor case.

As I recall, you ended up on Nutella too, so :shrug2:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:38 pm Are there are ways to earn speedchuck points?
And to lose them, yep!

Though I haven't got any clear criteria. I'd probably throw some to anyone that impresses me with their logic and persuasion. So far, I've been able to keep my points in my pants.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:36 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:31 pm
why?
All Epi did was throw out a couple of names that pleased him, in one form or another, and said he wasn't going to vote them D1.

Burden of proof on you guys. Give me a valid reason that this is scummy behavior. It doesn't make sense as a long game. Calling what Epi did "buddying" is like calling a D1 vote "hate mongering".

It's hard to argue against something that doesn't make sense, as Epi found out, but if you can explain the case in a way that doesn't sound insane, I'll give you some nebulous speedchuck points and rescind my opinion.
I just figured it wasn't typical Epi behavior. Quin said the "ok I'm voting for Epi, do you guys know why" thing and I instantly understood that he was reacting to Epi naming townreads (or at least people he wouldn't vote for, whatever) since he posted it right after the post in question, and I took Quin's post to imply that he found that to be specifically unusual for Epi to do. I have nothing against naming townreads as a D1 behavior in general, but specifically Epi doing so felt out of character.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

colonialbob wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:48 pm
Elohcin wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:42 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:36 pm I see Elohcin!
I still feel like you were voting epi for a nonsense reason which is what mafia will do.
Would love some content from you outside of LC v Epi.
Okay, I've finally caught up instead of folding laundry as a good wife and mother would. I am overwhelmed with all the info.

I like daisy this game and feel she is civ. She seems to be genuinely scum-hunting. At first, I liked her accusations...thoyght they could be valid. After catching up though, and tonanswer her question to me, I feel Epi is being genuine. I actually believe him that he is trying to be nicer and back off on the insults. Everything he has said is true. When he referred to not voting for bob and mesk on day 1...he never did say he thought they were good. And he is right about being falsly accused of liking to bus teammates early in a game. His meta doesn't show that he likes to do that often.

I think nutella is genuine as well. She seems to be trying to change up her game. I've been there before. I try to be different every game to keep people guessing but they still mostly guess I'm bad😋. Even though I think her posts are genuine thus far, that doesn't excuse her from veing bad imo. She may very well be.

Let's see.... I don't really have any other pings. There is so much content but nothing as condemning as what I see from LC.

Ask me a specific question, I'll answer... I'm an open book. I just find it difficult to wrap my head around a game this early. It takes me a bit to get a foothold usually.

Linki:. AND NOW I'M BEHING AGAIN!
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Now I seem to recall a fairly recent strategy discussion, though I don't remember which game, about naming townreads on D1. It was between MP and maybe JJJ and maybe someone else, when MP was under scrutiny for naming townreads but no scumreads and was suspected of buddying/being able to confidently name townreads because if he was bad he'd know who was town. Maybe JJJ has input on this? Might not be relevant to this game at all but now I wish I remembered which game it was because it was an interesting discussion.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

colonialbob wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:05 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:39 pm Additionally, Nutella being town in my book means you could be one of two scummers instead of only one (Indy aside) so you're twice as likely to be bad. That was the main reason you were probably good.
Elaborate please?
Is the problem that my numbers are off due to misremembering the number of baddies in this game?

What's confusing/odd?

Return to “Previous Side Missions”