Total votes: 16
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 396

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Epignosis »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:21 pm
Dom wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:22 pm y'all talk too much
I'm not voting for Dom on Day 2. For this is the best post in the thread.
He makes it every game.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 102

Re: Mountain Mafia [NIGHT 1]

Post by Spacedaisy »

I didn't even know he was playing hinestly
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm going to Taco Tequila Trivia Tuesday now.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 489
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:29 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:55 pm I've said my piece on today's lynch. Plenty of other people haven't provided much content so I'll give them a chance to catch up or speak.

I'll be lurking until EOD in case anyone has questions or I need to move my vote.
This post gives me a very political vibe.

I hate politicians.
I have four times as many posts as you, you're annoyed at all the posts but me stopping posting for the night is bad indicative.

K.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:34 pm sloonei
nutella
LC

There, just looked at the thread and listed the people.

Now imma go back to catch up.
You think LC only kinda wanted to lynch Epi?

What thread are you reading?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Epignosis wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:51 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:16 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:00 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:50 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:34 pm What I do find confusing Jack is why you both believe Epi is bad and at the same time said you agree with him that Nutella is bad and your vote ended on Nutella. Where do you stand currently on Epi?
*eyebrow raise*

I thought I agreed with Epi on Night 1 that Nutella was good. If Epi agreed with me she was bad, that coincidental. My D1 Nutella read predated him taking a loud stance on her.

I still think Epi is bad. I want him to be good but the buddying and trying to scare people off him instead of hunting and pretending to not understand the case on him (misrepresenting LC) are still there so he's still bad imo.
Does it ever occur to you that...

...I'm only "buddying" somebody if I'm bad? (Circular argument)
...Scaring people off me is only a bad thing if I'm bad? (Circular argument)
...Not "hunting" is only your perspective because you assume I'm bad? (Circular argument)
...I'm not pretending to not understand the case on me because the case is circular bullshit?

You don't want me to be good. You want me to be bad.
Saying someone is acting bad assumes they really are bad. Otherwise, you're misinterpreting.

Ergo, all scumhunting is bunk.
Assuming someone is bad and then assigning evil motivations to everything he does isn't hunting. It's bullshit.

That's what Long Con did. I have to be bad in order to "buddy" someone (stupid word used in the context of mafia, might I add- "pocket" is a far superior, grown-up term). If I'm not bad, then I can't possibly be pocketing anybody, and the argument is circular bullshit. You have to assume I'm bad to believe I'm pocketing anybody. You cannot prove I am pocketing anybody until you have established that I am bad. You cannot do that without lynching me.

Or is that too much cause and effect for you? :mafia:
You're still doing it backwards.

The claim was you appeared to be buddying therefore, you are bad and they are good.

What's so hard about this?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Epignosis wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:00 pm
colonialbob wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:20 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:16 am Outside of lynching mafia, that was the best possible Day 1 outcome one could hope for.
In a vacuum, or after the way day 1 started?
In this setup.
Tell me more.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Oh I misread that as "This is a setup."
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Why was Epi's behavior buddying as opposed to anything else?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I think Epi's point is valid. If he had some other reason to be suspected, feeling like he is attempting to pocket someone is a natural progression. But the accusation jumps straight to Epi must be bad because he is trying to pocket these other players (which is also unsubstantiated). Jumping to such a conclusion is basically to say I believe not only that Epi is bad but these other players are good because Epi's bad.

It's pretty ludicrous really
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Reads puke

Kylemii is a civilian read for his full body of work – it parallels Pirates in a way I closely observed as a host, wherein he was willing to engage every dialogue and seemed loose in doing so. I also followed his mafia-aligned game on sc2 and he was visibly less comfortable – it showed in his posting rate and especially in crunch time.

Epignosis has employed a transparent POE approach which I think recalls recent civilian games of his wherein he has accepted the power of the strategy. This was visible quickly in the positive Mesk read which earned the ire of some and contributed to the Long Con feud, and it is visible again in the immediate aftermath of the failed lynch. He went through a lot of trouble to clear nutella, something that I think he has little reason to do if he is mafia and she is a civilian. Nobody is going to fault him if he doesn’t do that; indeed I don’t know that the conclusions he drew were immediately evident to others anyway. This means the Epi-as-mafia case becomes more contingent upon nutella also being mafia. I agree with the reasoning he provided though to give her civilian credit.

The mere fact that another instance Long Con/Epignosis Day 1 combat has taken place right after Pirates does concern me some. Long Con initiated the kerfuffle, and my immediate reaction was to wonder if it's an attempt to squeeze into those meta pajamas he sewed for himself in the prior game. At face value I don't care for the way it started:

Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:11 am He's buddying them, and then intimidating you out of an adversarial position. He's setting up a long game. That's not what Civ Epignosis cares to do.

The notion that Epignosis was "setting up a long game" on Day 0 strikes me as bogus. Combine the appearance of a fake accusation with the meta pajamas and there's reason for concern. One can view it as a maneuver to motivate content generation, or just to develop an early read on a difficult player (Epignosis) -- I don't get that impression from the continuing | progression. They look like accusations meant to pursue an actual lynch, corroborated by Long Con himself in response to Epi's assertion that it may be personal.

At face value I thought Jack looked good. His handling of a particular Sloonei/Quin exchange spoke to me:

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:27 pm Quin

Cause this post. I don't think Sloonei posts this if you are teammates together.
Sloonei wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:16 pm
Quin wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:50 pm ima vote epignosis whenever and i'd like someone to tell me why that is
He's making friends right off the bat.

I like this because it features a conscious disconnection of two others, based upon reasoning that I think is agreeable. It wasn't frivolous civilian reads or otherwise in the pocketing style I'd expect from an evil-doer. It's a dissociation which did not need to be made, and only benefits mafia Jack if each of the others (Sloonei and Quin) is also mafia. That's a huge ball of tinfoil to swallow.

Quin has made a bunch of posts and I cannot recall feeling much from any of them. Reminder to self to investigate.

A few DDL posts bug me:

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:39 am I don't like this Epi lynch. Feels like there's a bunch of scum surrounding him like vultures waiting to see if they can lynch him or not. Lots of people "kind of" wanting to vote for him.

Gimme names. This kind of external, detached commentary doesn't do much to dissuade the lynch option being criticized.

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:21 pm Voting Sloonei, I agree on the point about fence sitting.

Sloonei did sit on the fence with regard to Epignosis, but he didn't exactly try to mask that:

Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:40 am I might be persuaded to go with Epi today, but as of right now I'd not be willing to put a definitive vote on him.

This post might as well have a flashing neon sign that says "free waffles". DDL hopping on with that accusation is a rather easy move.

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:26 pm I hate this argument about ties.

One of Kyle and Jack is bad.

Calling it now.

I appreciate that this read exists, but I don't know what motivates it. Tell me more about the argument about ties and why you hate it and why that reflects this way on Kyle/Jack. This is a serious request, I am not entirely clearly on that argument myself yet.

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:34 pm sloonei
nutella
LC

There, just looked at the thread and listed the people.

Now imma go back to catch up.

This was in response to a prod by Sloonei to expand on his grievance with the Epignosis voters I mentioned earlier. The addition of names is good, but it's unclear what the reader should be doing with them. It's typically not such a chore to get this sort of content from DDL given that he thrives on pressure as a civilian.

~~~

More puke later.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Everyone should tell me what things in this thread you feel are most important/most warrant my attention and discussion among those I didn't just address.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:30 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:51 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:16 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:00 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:50 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:34 pm What I do find confusing Jack is why you both believe Epi is bad and at the same time said you agree with him that Nutella is bad and your vote ended on Nutella. Where do you stand currently on Epi?
*eyebrow raise*

I thought I agreed with Epi on Night 1 that Nutella was good. If Epi agreed with me she was bad, that coincidental. My D1 Nutella read predated him taking a loud stance on her.

I still think Epi is bad. I want him to be good but the buddying and trying to scare people off him instead of hunting and pretending to not understand the case on him (misrepresenting LC) are still there so he's still bad imo.
Does it ever occur to you that...

...I'm only "buddying" somebody if I'm bad? (Circular argument)
...Scaring people off me is only a bad thing if I'm bad? (Circular argument)
...Not "hunting" is only your perspective because you assume I'm bad? (Circular argument)
...I'm not pretending to not understand the case on me because the case is circular bullshit?

You don't want me to be good. You want me to be bad.
Saying someone is acting bad assumes they really are bad. Otherwise, you're misinterpreting.

Ergo, all scumhunting is bunk.
Assuming someone is bad and then assigning evil motivations to everything he does isn't hunting. It's bullshit.

That's what Long Con did. I have to be bad in order to "buddy" someone (stupid word used in the context of mafia, might I add- "pocket" is a far superior, grown-up term). If I'm not bad, then I can't possibly be pocketing anybody, and the argument is circular bullshit. You have to assume I'm bad to believe I'm pocketing anybody. You cannot prove I am pocketing anybody until you have established that I am bad. You cannot do that without lynching me.

Or is that too much cause and effect for you? :mafia:
You're still doing it backwards.

The claim was you appeared to be buddying therefore, you are bad and they are good.

What's so hard about this?
Because me pocketing someone is begging the question. That's shit.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:36 pm Everyone should tell me what things in this thread you feel are most important/most warrant my attention and discussion among those I didn't just address.
This isn't going to be a sexy take, but I'd like some of the inactives to be removed. After all of that Day 1 business, I only get the impression DDL is bad, and that's the best I could do. I always have more concrete opinions after a Day 1. This feels like civilians all tearing into one another, and while a part of me should know better, that's where I am right now.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 464

Post by Quin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:15 am @Long Con
@Quin

Assuming Nutella is not mafia, how does this change things for you?
I go on my merry way. We don't know why she survived so I'll have to entertain some possibilities.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 103
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

YET ANOTHER IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

insertnamehere has replaced Glorfindel.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Marmot wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:13 pm IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

MovingPictures felt out of place, dangling on the side of the mountain from a 10-mil cord. Why was he there? He thought he'd get a better view of the valley below then just standing on the precipice itself.

But Sockface was stuck, hanging by a thread. And he was cold... Oh so cold...

Fortunately, a care package was dropped from a helicopter. There was a stuffed teddy bear inside.

JaggedJimmyJay has replace MovingPictures07
Woke up to a good 120 posts. I should have known. :scared:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:36 pm Everyone should tell me what things in this thread you feel are most important/most warrant my attention and discussion among those I didn't just address.
I'd be interested in thoughts on me/jack/LC. Also the vote swapping from Epi to Nutella
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Mesk514 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:45 am okay, imofficially like, blitzed outta my mind so my brain would only allow me to do some skimming.... PLEASE I BEG OF YOU, GIVE ME THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT and at least allow me to read it with a fresh non tainted mentality.... However, I want to comment on a few things...

1 - Crazy cake lady, I'm absolutely obsessed with your avatar...

2 - Not too sure how I feel about Epiklsflaflgadfjlghfg (i can't spell) but the first few pages I was actually thinking questioning how one could be so confident on a players alignment. I was totally imaging some big buff he man like dude walking up and being like HEY, THESE TWO FUCKERS ARE GOOOOD ARRRRRRRRR I NO VOTE THEM, ARRR and while I feel intimidated into wanting to believe them... honey, i don't know you and you don't know me... at least take me on a date once before you try and assert your dominance

3 - The irony in this all is Long Cons - he's in it for the long run comment, which is ironic as shit given his name is Long con. However I see the hypothesis going a little too far with the Crazy Cake Lady.
First of all, I am not bad, I am merely an ex junky(well, depends what your definition of a junky is) who still smokes a fuck ton but I must say I can weed out(no pun intended) that baddies at some point in the game before all else goes to shit. I'm not going to say what they were doing was exactly pre flip associations but from the point that caught my eye it really seemed like they were already trying to plant some - if this, they must be that - seeds... which can actually be taken both ways... I may be discussing this like it's a bad thing but I'm not ready to disclose how I really feel about this player yet...

4- Kyle seems to be a little bit of a shit poster (sorry my dear friend) which from my 1 hosting game experience, I would expect tons of effort if they were scum... given i gave him a scum card and he tried his hardest with no shit post tier plays! so Kyle, let's be good friends and whip up a mountain of a storm together eh?

My thought process is kinda scattered at the moment... feel free to tell me I'm absolutely dumb as a bag of bricks.... but honestly I'm more better when I am active and having a run on conversation as opposed to just popping in and saying my peace... I will be around for a bit... lets chat!
Hi Mesk!

I saw you said somewhere here that you don't like to give reads on Day 1. That is something from another planet to me, but I won't judge the norms of other cultures -- I've seen stranger. Is that a personal decision or something typical of sc2?

More importantly, the post I've quoted here bears a meaty appearance but loses its value when the commentary doesn't amount to some manner of reads. You have said things about four players, and I have no idea how you feel about any of them. What civilian benefit is afforded to you or to other readers with this post?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Good puke Jay. I quite enjoyed the "meta pajamas" analogy. :p I also found your assessment of Jack to have merit and will keep that in mind as I sort out how I feel about him. And I agree with your funky vibes from DDL; even given that he's been posting while catching up, a lot of his posts have felt vague and directionless.

Tell me how you feel about all of the players whose usernames begin with S: sig, Sloonei, Spacedaisy, speedchuck, and sprityo.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JJJ is bad for buddying me. :meany:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

nutella wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:45 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:28 pm lol, we seem to be having these type of conversations a lot this game, don't we Jack.

Don't take anything I say too seriously at the moment, I'm trying to just read things and think them through. I'm feeling very indecisive about how I am interpreting things at the moment.

If I have a hard and fast accusation to make, I will make it and you will know it.
I'm quite enjoying this version of daisy. :workit:

I can also tell I'm going to like Mesk. Fun posts to read, those were.

Now that I'm not dead (for now at least...) I'll see what I can do to sort out those reads I hastily mentioned. I've given a handful of reasons for my Jack suspicion, but depending on how the discussion goes I might back off of that a little and keep an open mind about him. Still probably my most likely vote candidate as of right now. As for Quin and Kyle, those were just a couple names that I decided to throw out there based on very minor gut feelings and the sense that I needed to suspect some of the more active/civ-passing players so as not to let them slip by with unfounded civ cred in case they are bad. Like I got the sense that Quin was making himself look very active while not actually saying much in the way of substantial/original ideas. Idk, I have some ISOs to look at.
:huh:

:ponder:

:beer:
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:36 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:34 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:23 pm I am the person Epi allegedly tried to intimidate on Day 1. He was not trying to intimidate me.

I was also the first person to bring up what has been dubbed his "buddying" of two players. I do not think this is a valid line of suspicion. It is on par with my Day 0 Daisy prod.

The case against Epignosis is a silly one.
This makes a difference in my view of my previous tinfoil of Epi/LC actually.

I'm heading to work, I'll check in occasionally but don't expect much out of me for the next seven hours or so.
Are you more inclined to look favorably on either one of them than you were before?
Yes I am more inclined to view Epi favorably. The back and forth was not something forced if another outside person started it. I don't know if it makes me feel any better about LC because it's still a crazy reach of a case he had been pushing. I expect a reach out of him now and again but more in a shake the tree kind of gambit, not in a case he continues to pursue like he has done here.

I'm more and more inclined to think Epi is good and really seems to be putting a new foot forward in his treatment of the other players. I appreciate that and want to see how it goes from here.

LC might be just falling into a normal pitfall for him, perhaps so programmed to suspect Epi that he can't see the lack of substance in his own case, but I don't know.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

colonialbob wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:03 pm
I'd be interested in thoughts on me/jack/LC. Also the vote swapping from Epi to Nutella
I actually was just looking at your ISO. The long exchange you had with Jack at least looked dissociative (if that wasn't a word before it is now) -- I don't think you look like tiny mountains together. That point has limited value at present with no flips but whatever it came to mind.

I am less perturbed by your early poop fling at Sloonei than I was with DDL given that yours came first and it didn't last. I suggested in my puke that I think Jack looks good, at least for the point I raised. Could you summarize your suspicion of him for me? I raised concerns with LC separately, mostly relating to his dealings with Epignosis.

Also I am not entirely clear on everything that transpired with regard to vote movement. I'll need some help on that before I can offer much insight, otherwise I'll see you after I check myself. :p

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:01 pm Woke up to a good 120 posts. I should have known. :scared:
Ain't my damned fault this time. :meany:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:10 pm JJJ is bad for buddying me. :meany:
I wish we had one of those shit emojis. :nicenod:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by Quin »

nutella wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:22 pm
Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:34 am
Long Con wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:58 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:40 pmI'm better at being scum than that Sloonei.
Can you provide proof of this?
idk but this is a perfect opportunity to reaffirm that I'm a better mafia than Epignosis.
Good to know... :evileye:
Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:36 pm Mm. I thought I had a valid point but it got skipped over in Epi's catch up. I've realised my error but I already did the hyperlink and everything, so a response would be nice.
Epignosis wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:12 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:53 pm
Uh, you pick two Civs and buddy them so they trust you and don't lynch you. Long game benefit: survival, and more likely to lynch Civs along the way. You intimidate Sloonei out of coming after you. Benefit: One less Civ coming after you; survival; more likely to lynch a Civ along the way.
Wait a minute.

How does Long Con know Mesk, coolonialbob, and Sloonei are civilians?
A valid question.
Alright I'm gonna go all Epi-style on this one. "Valid" is currently perhaps one of the most overused words in the English language. This post is devoid of meaning. All it really accomplishes is to express a "+1" sentiment toward Epi's question/"catch" of LC's so-called "slip", and a bit of a turnaround since Quin had been originally going hard against Epi.
Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:06 pm
Long Con wrote:
Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:03 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:36 pmHow does Long Con know Mesk, coolonialbob, and Sloonei are civilians?
A valid question.
I already let someone else prove it's not valid. Are you following along ok?
Yes sir. It's still a valid train of thought. You're not immune to scum slips.
:rolleyes: Now he's on a hot pursuit for this possible slip. The way Quin jumps on this just reeks of opportunistic baddie to me.
Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:15 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:58 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:40 pmI'm better at being scum than that Sloonei.
Can you provide proof of this?
Why was it necessary to have her prove this?
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:05 am @Long Con Lost Again 3 comes to mind. But whatever man. I don't feel the need to prove I can play a good scum game. Especially given the fact that I am not scum in this game.
I also like this response. Quickly ending a conversation which seems of non-import to me. Unless LC wanted to glean something from it, in which case, read quote one.
Small thing I found amusing here. Quin expresses that he felt a conversation was pointless. Same thing he accused me of with regards to Epi vs. LC -- wanting to stifle discussion even if it might generate D1 content.

Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:37 pm guys im on a roll give me more people to postspam
Eager boy!! Doggie wants his bone!
This could easily be more of a town style indicator, but I don't want to underestimate Quin's wifom capabilities. Like I said earlier, I'm wary of players who might be hiding in plain sight behind a hefty post count.
Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:42 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:30 am
Epignosis wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:22 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:21 am
How many times have you seen me cast a single vote on Day 1 and leave it there?
Was I supposed to be paying attention to you all this time? I'm sorry.
I'm saying I throw my votes around willynilly on every Day 1 that I ever play in. You're usually pretty on the ball about what goes on in game threads, but you've seldom been skeptical of me for doing this in the past.
This is fair. Even if you don't pay that much attention you can get a general idea of what a person likes if you play with them enough. For example, I know that around Day 3 Jack and I are going to tear each others throats out.
I'm looking forward to that, if both of you make it that long.
Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:01 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:00 pm Agreed with Quin Epi, Nutella bad.

Nutella being lazy is a scumtell. I don't think she thinks I'm bad nor thinks I'll get lynched but I'd rather....you know what? I'm not sure what Nutella is doing. We were teamed together and it was said that I focus too much on myself when I'm bad, as I focused too much on myself and tap danced to victory. So that's like...an unfriendly poke? But there's no weight behind it. It's not hunting. Feels like a distraction but it would only distract me onto her so...what is that for?

I don't want to switch to Nutella. I think she's more likely bad if Epi is bad and Epi is more likely to be bad if just one of them is. I dislike lynching people I suspect of being buddies with someone I suspect more. Like if we lynch Epi and he's town, I can revevaluate Nutella. If I lynch Nutella and she's town, I don't move on Epi. So why lynch Nutella first.

Anyhow, I think LC, Quin, Kyle, Sloonei are town in that order. Probably Bob too (don't listen to my Bob reads). Everyone else statistically probably town but not giving me reasons to think so.
I didn't just ISO like six people for second place. Re-evaluate your town reads, you jerk.
More of this openly tryhard-y crap.

And one other thing, he expresses a townread of Sloonei for a while, then turns on him with an accusation toward EOD. Just taking note of that development.

So that's all I've got for Quin. Could go either way on him, but there are definitely a few tidbits here that stick out as odd.
Reads develop. I may be suspicious of Epi, but he'll point out something that makes Long Con look bad. I look at him next, because I don't know if Epi is bad. ISO's made with the intention of pointing out things that make a person look bad are not ISO's.

I didn't do the same thing as you either. I brought LC into it because I wanted somebody important to the discussion to show me why my perspective was wrong. I didn't shit all over the entire thing like you did.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I had Tuesday.

I had Tacos.

I had Trivia. Sort of (the lady gave me a dirty look because I called out the answer. Apparently there are rules. I'm sorry if I know the name of Boston's drummer who died recently and nobody else has a clue).

Didn't have tequila though. Maker's Mark for me. :beer:

Carry on.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:06 pm Good puke Jay. I quite enjoyed the "meta pajamas" analogy. :p I also found your assessment of Jack to have merit and will keep that in mind as I sort out how I feel about him. And I agree with your funky vibes from DDL; even given that he's been posting while catching up, a lot of his posts have felt vague and directionless.

Tell me how you feel about all of the players whose usernames begin with S: sig, Sloonei, Spacedaisy, speedchuck, and sprityo.
Without having done the deep digging yet that I'd like to do, I can spare some gut takes:

sig as a civilian pirate was more engaged and effortful in the high-octane Day 1 aboard the pirate ship than he was in this high-octane Day 1. Bad vibes.

Sloonei's thing about the eyeroll emoji amused me, and I don't know that I'd expect that flippant response to an accusation from Darth Sloonei. Good vibes.

Spacedaisy appears at a glance to be Doing Work. She has engaged numerous dialogues with an assertive tone, and is bringing the Big Posts. We don't always see this level of motivation from Annie. Good vibes.

speedchuck was willing to engage suspects pointedly, and he cut down his suspect pool with transparent civilian reads (or at least pledges not to lynch). I also like the tone he exhibited in his handling of the Epi/LC feud. Good vibes.

sprityo's posts don't offer much in the way of original contribution. Reads exist here but I don't follow their origins, and there's some piggy-backing happening. That's not ideal. Bad vibes.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention] do you have any idea what your most active (by post count) mafia-aligned game has been on a forum that isn't deleted?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:13 pm
I actually was just looking at your ISO. The long exchange you had with Jack at least looked dissociative (if that wasn't a word before it is now) -- I don't think you look like tiny mountains together. That point has limited value at present with no flips but whatever it came to mind.

I am less perturbed by your early poop fling at Sloonei than I was with DDL given that yours came first and it didn't last. I suggested in my puke that I think Jack looks good, at least for the point I raised. Could you summarize your suspicion of him for me? I raised concerns with LC separately, mostly relating to his dealings with Epignosis.

Also I am not entirely clear on everything that transpired with regard to vote movement. I'll need some help on that before I can offer much insight, otherwise I'll see you after I check myself. :p
It's kinda meta. His posting early on reminded me of his play in the HCRealms/Syndicate crossover, where he kept going on meta tangents and shunting the thread away from actual reads. He was mafia that game, I called him out D1 and got NKed for it. But he's provided some reads since then, and while I don't entirely agree with him on say LC/Epi, his posts feel genuine enough that I'm fine with him now.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:34 pm @Sloonei do you have any idea what your most active (by post count) mafia-aligned game has been on a forum that isn't deleted?
Either Street Fighter or the Champs game. Slim pickings.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 497

Post by speedchuck »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:21 pm
Dom wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:22 pm y'all talk too much
I'm not voting for Dom on Day 2. For this is the best post in the thread.
buddying
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:37 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:34 pm @Sloonei do you have any idea what your most active (by post count) mafia-aligned game has been on a forum that isn't deleted?
Either Street Fighter or the Champs game. Slim pickings.
k

Also:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Is that Bill Clinton with a syringe in his dick?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:51 pm Is that Bill Clinton with a syringe in his dick?
A Bill Clinton corkscrew. For opening bottles and such.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Of the active folks, I feel like one of Long Con or Jack is being less than honest. I don't say that as if there's a relationship between the two of them that indicates one should be bad, but I feel like I've been getting hung up on more of their posts than anyone else in the game, and that doesn't usually sit well with me.

DDL is my top suspect. I didn't love the way he handled my brief interrogation of him earlier. He seemed resistant to the idea of sharing ideas.

Then there's quiet people. I'd forget sig was playing if his name wasn't on the poll.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:53 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:51 pm Is that Bill Clinton with a syringe in his dick?
A Bill Clinton corkscrew. For opening bottles and such.
Makes sense. Hillary doesn't have a can.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

This is my favorite post from Bob cause I like it but I didn't think to ask about the Epi to Nutella switch. I think Bob is unlikely scumbuddies with Epi. (Jimmy encouraging me to be a better player makes me feel warm and fuzzy. Plz ignore my badness last time I said that.)

[mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention]

Tell me more about Quin. I thought he had a lot of content but you don't seem to have a strong opinion.

Tell me more about Daisy. I feel like I have a gut read and that's it. I usually don't feel like I'm great at reading Daisy. You probably know her better than I do.

Gun to the head read on DDL? The odd playstyke has been noted but what's your bottom line?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'm also interested what people think of elohcin. She's seems more involved than usual, I never know how to read her so I don't know how to read this version of her.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Okay. Cards on the table. Hope this doesn't count as info dumping.

I'm 30. Am I LC junior or is he JoH junior?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:08 pm I'm also interested what people think of elohcin. She's seems more involved than usual, I never know how to read her so I don't know how to read this version of her.
Eloh gets annoyed halfway through her D1 read, throws hands up and says LC is bad.

"More involved than usual."
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:13 pm Okay. Cards on the table. Hope this doesn't count as info dumping.

I'm 30. Am I LC junior or is he JoH junior?
Long Con has toenail clippings older than you.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 320
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

:nod:
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 320
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Hmmm...

:srsnod:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

srsnod dude. Not nod.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[mention]Long Con[/mention]

Your thoughts?

Also, did this give you a bell notification?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

As of right now, my vote is going to Dom tomorrow. He's been here as long as I have, and game after game he acts like everybody gets three or four posts a piece. And acting is what he does.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Epignosis wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:01 am As of right now, my vote is going to Dom tomorrow. He's been here as long as I have, and game after game he acts like everybody gets three or four posts a piece. And acting is what he does.
Is this idea annoyance based or do you think this is alignment indicative for Dom?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:06 am
Epignosis wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:01 am As of right now, my vote is going to Dom tomorrow. He's been here as long as I have, and game after game he acts like everybody gets three or four posts a piece. And acting is what he does.
Is this idea annoyance based or do you think this is alignment indicative for Dom?
I already spoke on this, did I not? If you are good, and LC is good, and I'm good, then there's a lot of talkative people going after each other and far more people doing nothing and getting away with it.

Lynch a quiet fucker.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”