Marmot (Hosts/Nons/Deads)
50%

Total votes: 16
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 396

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by Epignosis »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:34 pm You do have one point though, that since we are in an extended Day 1 we would maybe prefer to maximise information, and leave the low posters for later. We don't have to lynch the low posting baddies first.

As such, a lynch on Jack, or LC, or Epi, or Sloonei would produce new avenues for futures lynches. Even if they flip civ (but especially if they flip bad).
This mentality is the worst. You don't lynch someone for the purpose of producing new avenues for future lynches. That's exactly how I think when I'm mafia- keep one step ahead, setting up lynch after lynch until the job is done.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:41 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:48 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:45 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:05 pm My vote is remaining on Elohcin.
Why?
Should it not be?
You just answered a question with a useless question, turning it around on me. :suspish:
I've been specifically waiting for you to weigh in on her.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:08 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:05 pm I recall Epi once making the argument that Eloh is more invested in games when she has someone to talk to behind the scenes. In this game she's made multiple comments about the amount of effort she's been putting into getting caught up. Her tone in these posts has not been one of frustration or dejection, but instead she's seemed kind of gleeful about it, playing around and joking about her involvement. I like this attitude and approve of it in every way, which is why I feel dirty for turning it into a case against Eloh. If she is involved in BTSC, and has been since Day 1, then she's scum. And if this is the case and Epi's old argument is true, then her carefree attitude toward the avalanche of posts in this thread might be explained by her involvement with teammates behind the scenes. Or she's just having a jolly old time.
@Epignosis what do you think about this?
It's ignorant.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:43 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:05 pm I recall Epi once making the argument that Eloh is more invested in games when she has someone to talk to behind the scenes. In this game she's made multiple comments about the amount of effort she's been putting into getting caught up. Her tone in these posts has not been one of frustration or dejection, but instead she's seemed kind of gleeful about it, playing around and joking about her involvement. I like this attitude and approve of it in every way, which is why I feel dirty for turning it into a case against Eloh. If she is involved in BTSC, and has been since Day 1, then she's scum. And if this is the case and Epi's old argument is true, then her carefree attitude toward the avalanche of posts in this thread might be explained by her involvement with teammates behind the scenes. Or she's just having a jolly old time.
It's ignorant.
How so?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

yeah I can see this. I feel like Eloh often gets mislynched for low activity, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is baddie eloh
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 464

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Quin »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:38 pm
// I'm noticing a trend that Quin often goes under my radar. For some reason Quin's voice just doesn't stick in my head.
So I'm easily forgettable? :puppy:

GTH?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 19
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:39 pm
sprityo wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:45 pm I also lean trusting on jack and speed so I like the Nutella lynch
These are the only two solid reads I can find in sprityo's post history, and he uses them indirectly to justify his Day 1 nutella vote. He had previously said he could not find "anything" in nutella's ISO (which I took to mean "anything worth voting for"), but he put a vote on her based on the trust he has in the two people leading the bandwagon against her. He offered some justification for trusting Jack and speedchuck, but I'll need more fleshed out thoughts from sprit if I'm to make a solid judgment on him one way or the other. I don't hate the strategy of defering to trusted players in the absence of strong suspects, but I can also make the argument that he looks shady for avoiding direct responsinility in his own vote.
I’ve been playing this game on the back burner since there’s been lots of content generated in these first couple days.

I don’t like you picking at me though, but I get your point. I’m guessing you want more content from myself?
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 82

Post by DrWilgy »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:39 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:38 pm I do. I don't like killing my friends. Choosing who to take out of a game feels bad.
So do I. But this was Day 1. Nobody had had to kill anyone yet. Do you feel guilty just for having a bad role card?
Yes simply because I know what I will have to do. Looking at your role card does have an effect on the psyche, even if you don't know your teammates.
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:47 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:38 pm
// I'm noticing a trend that Quin often goes under my radar. For some reason Quin's voice just doesn't stick in my head.
So I'm easily forgettable? :puppy:

GTH?
I wouldn't say that your forgettable. More so just not a priority. GTH of you? Civ... Was GTH directed at me? I feel like I missed context there.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sprityo wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:50 pm
sprityo wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:45 pm I also lean trusting on jack and speed so I like the Nutella lynch
These are the only two solid reads I can find in sprityo's post history, and he uses them indirectly to justify his Day 1 nutella vote. He had previously said he could not find "anything" in nutella's ISO (which I took to mean "anything worth voting for"), but he put a vote on her based on the trust he has in the two people leading the bandwagon against her. He offered some justification for trusting Jack and speedchuck, but I'll need more fleshed out thoughts from sprit if I'm to make a solid judgment on him one way or the other. I don't hate the strategy of defering to trusted players in the absence of strong suspects, but I can also make the argument that he looks shady for avoiding direct responsinility in his own vote.
I’ve been playing this game on the back burner since there’s been lots of content generated in these first couple days.

I don’t like you picking at me though, but I get your point. I’m guessing you want more content from myself?
that is always what i want. What do you mean when you say you don't like me picking at you?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:41 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:31 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:28 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:09 pm My motivation was that Kyle just asked me to weigh in on stuff I had already weighed in on. So I was like "no."

Who was I gonna save?
I have a problem with this. You and I were talking about the usefulness of using close lynches as a valid scum hunting tactic in appropriate contexts.

I asked you why the discussion was so important to you that you felt the need to respond so passionately about it and you never responded. The moment I invited you to discuss the options for the current lynch you decided you were done for the night and left.
Didn't I? And hadn't I already stated in extreme detail my feelings on LC, Epi and Nutella?

ISO me.
I literally just did. My point still stands.

"I've already said my opinions once so I refuse to think about them more or talk about them again when someone asks" is not a pro town attitude

especially when the person making the request is one of your town reads
g o o f f

:eye: jack
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:44 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:43 pm
It's ignorant.
How so?
Eloh says she's caught up. Happy dance, right?

I guess that depends on what the definition of "caught up" is.

I would wager every beer in both of my refrigerators right now (and I just stocked up yesterday anticipating the holiday) that Eloh skimmed my post in which I analyzed the numbers regarding nutella's apparent survival. I guarantee you she didn't read that shit in depth, if she read it all.

I would wager all the wine in my cellar (it's really my closet don't judge me) that in "catching up," Eloh skimmed the thread keeping an eye out for her name or something about her (or my name or something about me), perhaps reading a post here or there that didn't look like a mathematician took a dump. Eloh has eighteen posts. Of those, at least three are filler. How many are about her? How many are about me?

She posted a rainbow list and nutella ranks near the bottom. What's her strategy there? To try to get nutella lynched a second time? If it was, was that ever going to work?

If she is preoccupied in BTSC, as you allege, then surely she got the memo about nutella when they worked out a kill target. Wouldn't you agree with that?

None of this precludes Eloh being bad, but if she is, you'd have to buy that she's feigning ignorance with respect to nutella, and I don't believe that is what is going on. She's from Skim City.
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Sorry, what with family time I don't really have the ability to go through and make good cases or long posts. Butt I'm following as best I can.

Reads (mostly gut):

Daisy
Speedchuck
Epi
Sloonei

Quin
JJJ
nutella
DDL
Eloh

Kyle
Mesk
Long Con

Jack
Sig

No reads on Dom, Wilgy, INH, sprit
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

colonialbob wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:00 pm Sorry, what with family time I don't really have the ability to go through and make good cases or long posts. Butt I'm following as best I can.

Reads (mostly gut):

Daisy
Speedchuck
Epi
Sloonei

Quin
JJJ
nutella
DDL
Eloh

Kyle
Mesk
Long Con

Jack
Sig

No reads on Dom, Wilgy, INH, sprit
I knew posting that Elton John song lyric would work. :feb:

I mean, thank you gracious bob sir. :noble:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:56 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:09 pm My motivation was that Kyle just asked me to weigh in on stuff I had already weighed in on. So I was like "no."

Who was I gonna save?
I have a problem with this. You and I were talking about the usefulness of using close lynches as a valid scum hunting tactic in appropriate contexts.

I asked you why the discussion was so important to you that you felt the need to respond so passionately about it and you never responded. The moment I invited you to discuss the options for the current lynch you decided you were done for the night and left.
Didn't I? And hadn't I already stated in extreme detail my feelings on LC, Epi and Nutella?

ISO me.

"I've already said my opinions once so I refuse to think about them more or talk about them again when someone asks" is not a pro town attitude

g o o f f

what's this mean?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 19
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:53 pm
sprityo wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:50 pm

that is always what i want. What do you mean when you say you don't like me picking at you?
Like the overall tone I got from what you posted was negative sounding in nature, also I didn’t ISO Nutella, I simply just didn’t notice any posts by Nutella in the thread as I read it as something to pop out and grab my attention
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 489
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

[mention]DrWilgy[/mention]

Yes and yes.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Self meta WIFOM anyway.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Putting a vote on sprityo because I want to hear from him. I'm going out for a bit, will be back before the deadline.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Spacedaisy »

nutella wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:46 pm
yeah I can see this. I feel like Eloh often gets mislynched for low activity, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is baddie eloh
I disagree. I don't think she gets mislynched for being a low poster. In fact, I don't think many people here do. I think she gets mislynched because she tends to say things that seem illogical, but I don't know that I could differentiate her baddie missteps from her civ missteps.

[mention]Long Con[/mention] I don't know if you ever answered my question, do you now hold the belief that the back and forth between you and Epi was a misunderstanding?

While I like Wilgy's recent activity, it's freaking me out a little bit. I don't recall him playing so straight forward a playstyle in... well, ever!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 206

Post by Elohcin »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:42 pm
Elohcin wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:14 pm I kind of agree with epi on voting a low poster. Other than my suspicion of LC and my slight suspicion of nutella (half the time her posts crack me up and half the time I'm hinking wtf), I do think that the high posters seem to be civ and genuinely trying to help.
Elohcin wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:37 pm Elohcin
Mesk514
JaggedJimmyJay
Spacedaisy

Dragon D. Luffy
Epignosis
Jackofhearts2005
speedchuck

Kylemii
DrWilgy
insertnamehere
colonialbob
sig
sprityo

Quin
Sloonei
Dom
nutella

Long Con
Dom is the only low poster singled out as a clear suspect. The others are all nondescriptly placed in yellow. And then the claim that "the high posters seem to be civ" is somewhat contradicted by Quin and I being colored orange, and kyle being listed among the neutrals as well. You think this computes over here?
High posters in general. Y'all are so nit-picky. Relax. I basically put people in order of who I trust most to who I trust least.

[/quote=Quin post_id=382450 time=1511380095 user_id=474]
Eloh, why are you reading Lasagne so highly?
[/quote]
Who?

Went to walmat for sicky meds...now have like three pages to read
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Spacedaisy wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:26 pm While I like Wilgy's recent activity, it's freaking me out a little bit. I don't recall him playing so straight forward a playstyle in... well, ever!
With the caveat that I don't know Wilgy hardly at all, this seems townie to me. Trying a brand new approach first time as scum seems unlikely?

Super meta-read obviously so.

Also looking for someplace to move my vote. Was mostly voting Sig to encourage activity, but they did say they'd be low poster this week.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Elohcin wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:33 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:42 pm
Elohcin wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:14 pm I kind of agree with epi on voting a low poster. Other than my suspicion of LC and my slight suspicion of nutella (half the time her posts crack me up and half the time I'm hinking wtf), I do think that the high posters seem to be civ and genuinely trying to help.
Elohcin wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:37 pm Elohcin
Mesk514
JaggedJimmyJay
Spacedaisy

Dragon D. Luffy
Epignosis
Jackofhearts2005
speedchuck

Kylemii
DrWilgy
insertnamehere
colonialbob
sig
sprityo

Quin
Sloonei
Dom
nutella

Long Con
Dom is the only low poster singled out as a clear suspect. The others are all nondescriptly placed in yellow. And then the claim that "the high posters seem to be civ" is somewhat contradicted by Quin and I being colored orange, and kyle being listed among the neutrals as well. You think this computes over here?
High posters in general. Y'all are so nit-picky. Relax. I basically put people in order of who I trust most to who I trust least.

[/quote=Quin post_id=382450 time=1511380095 user_id=474]
Eloh, why are you reading Lasagne so highly?
Who?

Went to walmat for sicky meds...now have like three pages to read
[/quote]

Mesk.

And can you explain why Sloonei, Kyle and I are the exception to that generalisation?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:06 pm

Who was I gonna save?

ISO me.

g o o f f

what's this mean?

sorry, the extra space didn't show up -- it's supposed to say "go off" which is a phrase expressing support of a spicy callout. I am expressing support of Kyle's accusation of Jack here
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:20 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:18 pm Why is lynching a low poster being considered today?
Seems like it's general "at least if we are wrong we lose very little" mentality.
I don't think this is true. Talker or not, losing a civ is never a good thing and I don't think your quote represents the mentality of those willing to vote for a low poster. I like DDL's post.... (Let's see if I can double quote without fucking this up)
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:32 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:28 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:24 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:18 pm Why is lynching a low poster being considered today?
I find it unlikely that all if the scum can be found among the talkative folks.
I'm not advocating a lynch of a low poster without exhausting all our other options first.
I'll never understand this mentality. Worst thing about it is that it always seems to be the case.
Thah'ts why I compared low posters to zero posters.

There is that guy who makes 3-4 posts a day and contributes nothing. Sprityo, Sig and Wilgy could count on that category (personally I think Sprityo looks bad and I have no read on the other 2).

There is that guy who makes 1 post every 2 days saying hi and is a prime candidate for a replacement. I. e. Dom.

I think the former type can be a worthy lynch (though I'd like to ISO any of them before deciding). The later is not.
This is good. And it makes me want to look among the yellow for a good lynch candidate. Dom probably is just a quiet civ. I bet there are baddies among the yellows in our rainbow lists. Those we swe posting but haven't given enough to really say whether they are good or bad.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Placing a vote on Jack. I'm really not sure how I feel about Eloh. I will say that regardless of alignment I disapprove of her approach. If you're not going to read everything, don't act surprised when you don't understand what someone is referring to.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Wilgy is highly unpredictable. Don't apply normal rules of logic. Wilgy is almost as unpredictable as Vompatti. Almost. Nothing is unlikely for Wilgy, everything is fair game. I'm just unsure what to do with this version of Wilgy...
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Quin wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:40 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:40 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:37 pm I didn't even realise it was Thanksgiving.
ungrateful honky
It's hard to be thankful when everything in Australia is trying to kill you.
:haha: :haha: :haha:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Spacedaisy wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:51 pm Wilgy is highly unpredictable. Don't apply normal rules of logic. Wilgy is almost as unpredictable as Vompatti. Almost. Nothing is unlikely for Wilgy, everything is fair game. I'm just unsure what to do with this version of Wilgy...
Wilgy likes the shake things up but I don't think this is so different from previous experiences with him. What is it about his playstyle this time around that's confusing you?
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

It's very straight forward, usually he is cryptic and frequently unhelpful until he is under some sort of pressure because he's about to die.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 781
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

nutella wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:42 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:06 pm

Who was I gonna save?

ISO me.

g o o f f

what's this mean?

sorry, the extra space didn't show up -- it's supposed to say "go off" which is a phrase expressing support of a spicy callout. I am expressing support of Kyle's accusation of Jack here
Oh. I thought you were calling me a goof.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:11 pm @DrWilgy

Yes and yes.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:11 pm Self meta WIFOM anyway.
And he ignored me again :/
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

So it sounds like my meta-read isn't helpful. Ah well.

*puts Wilgy back on the null pile*
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Long Con wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:55 pm And now I can ask this question without being a "Didn't Read" Denny. Eloh, why are Quin and Sloonei in the reddish zone? You have never mentioned them before.
Because theor posts don't feel very trustworthy.
I'm actually not having a jolly ol time. I'm sick. I still have work this week...which is good with Christmas coming, but I have a cold, so not fun. Every time I read a page even when caught up, there is another page to read. And when I go to sleep, I wake up like 10 pages behind. I cannot think straight 'cause I'm sick. Went to the store to get meds and left my phone, that's how much I can't think straight. Sloon is being nit picky with me. I think he expects more from me than I can intellectually give. I'm not an intellectual like so many of you here. I play for fun and to try to keep my mind as sharp as possible as I age. Did I mention I'm sick and feel like crap. My meds didn't even seem to help.

I'm trying to guve enough effort so y'all don't suspect me. But I am usually lynched pretty early in games because I'm suspected. When I flip civ, people are confused. When I flip baddie they are all self congratulatory. Because no matter what my role, I'm always suspected by a few players early on. Y'all just need to leave me alone and go find a baddie.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

nutella wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:03 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:59 am @nutella got any legacy reads? It appears you're on the way out.
Jack, Quin, and Kyle are my scum reads. And all pretty good scrabble words. Most likely not all three of them are bad, and one or two of the inactives are, but those are where I'd start.
You ISO'd Quin and talked more about Jack but I'd like to hear more from you re: Kyle.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

colonialbob wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:12 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:03 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:59 am @nutella got any legacy reads? It appears you're on the way out.
Jack, Quin, and Kyle are my scum reads. And all pretty good scrabble words. Most likely not all three of them are bad, and one or two of the inactives are, but those are where I'd start.
You ISO'd Quin and talked more about Jack but I'd like to hear more from you re: Kyle.
I'm feeling more neutral/leaning civ on him. I looked at his ISO yesterday since I had thrown out his name and nothing particularly stood out. When I named him along with Quin when there was a possibility I'd die, I think I was getting a similar feel from him as from Quin and I thought he might be a possible baddie hiding behind what looks like heavy participation, but when I looked again I got more of a town read. Still neutral yellow on my rainbow though.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Elohcin wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:09 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:55 pm And now I can ask this question without being a "Didn't Read" Denny. Eloh, why are Quin and Sloonei in the reddish zone? You have never mentioned them before.
Because theor posts don't feel very trustworthy.
I'm actually not having a jolly ol time. I'm sick. I still have work this week...which is good with Christmas coming, but I have a cold, so not fun. Every time I read a page even when caught up, there is another page to read. And when I go to sleep, I wake up like 10 pages behind. I cannot think straight 'cause I'm sick. Went to the store to get meds and left my phone, that's how much I can't think straight. Sloon is being nit picky with me. I think he expects more from me than I can intellectually give. I'm not an intellectual like so many of you here. I play for fun and to try to keep my mind as sharp as possible as I age. Did I mention I'm sick and feel like crap. My meds didn't even seem to help.

I'm trying to guve enough effort so y'all don't suspect me. But I am usually lynched pretty early in games because I'm suspected. When I flip civ, people are confused. When I flip baddie they are all self congratulatory. Because no matter what my role, I'm always suspected by a few players early on. Y'all just need to leave me alone and go find a baddie.
Okay. I'll get off your back until you're feeling better. Where should my vote go now?
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[mention]Kylemii[/mention]

It's nothing personal. I worked 30 hours in the last 3 days and just clocked out. My posts are alternating between the most recent thing aimed at me or that I find super interesting when I refresh the page and my catch-up from 5 pages back. I promise to answer you tomorrow or maybe even tonight. :cheers:
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:38 pm Long Con

Your accusation against me only works if all three of Mesk, colonialbob, and Sloonei are civilians. There is no way to know this if you are a civilian. The irony of you accusing me of "buddying" two of three is noted, because by labeling all three as civilians, one could argue that you are "buddying" three people.
The No U circle begins to feed on itself. it is only a matter of time until complete disintegration.
colonialbob wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:08 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:57 pm @Sloonei
@colonialbob

What do you think of Epi's vote for LC?
I don't love it. He pretty clearly misinterpreted the "3 civs" thing, per your previous statement. Whether that's on purpose or just as a defense, who knows.
Cbob, did you lean towards this being on purpose or just as a defense?

Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:11 pm On Kyle - Obvious difference in the amount of posts between pirate Mafia and this one, even considering shorter phase lengths and the whole debacle at EoD1. Looks bad at face value, like a baddie who can't insert himself properly but I won't condemn him on that alone. We (or I) don't know where to set the baseline for his civilian game.

His content here isn't really fluff, but his thoughts haven't come together in the thread the way I'd like given the 24 hour day phases. They're not particularly useful to me as they are. I'd like some more elaborated stuff from him soon if he's up to it.
I agree with this. I was going to point out Kyle's big post regarding Epi and LC, but this sums up my thoughts well.
Epignosis wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:13 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:32 pm Nutella hasn't always been super consistent as a townie in my experience with her. She'll speak her mind without regard for whether or not it all fits neatly together, and I've got no issue with that. I don't think I would vote for her based solely on her posts so far.
That's why I said I would need to hear more from her. nutella is very good at faking anything.
This makes me uneasy. What prompts this thought on Hazelnut?

//Taking another breather because work keeps distracting me. (shouldn't it be the other way around? isn't work the priority? why am I playing games at work? oh well)
//I feel like my catch-up is turning into another half-assed skim.
//I'm committed to actually catching up this time instead of playing the half info game, but I'm afraid I won't accomplish this by EoD, game is just moving so fast.
//I don't know how good I feel about JoH and Kyle. At first my JoH was a petty revenge joke for jabbing at the best pokemon of all time, but something isn't sitting right? perhaps it's leftover tones and feelings from pirate mafia? Am I one to allow past game tones to influence current games or is this real?
//Kyle what happened to your conviction? This doesn't feel the same Kyle that I met in Pirate mafia.

int friends = 0;

public void killFriends(){
friends = (-1);
}

public void averageDay(){
boolean isWilgyAway = true;
while(isWilgyAway){
friends += 1;
if(friends == -1){
isWilgyAway = false;
}
else {
feedfriendegg(1, egg.randomColor(), egg.randomAge(), egg.randomSmell())
}
if(friendState.get()=="Why are you forcing these randomly colored, aged, smelly eggs down our throats Wilgy?"){
Wilgy.killFriends();
}
}

public static void main(String[] args){
Wilgy.averageDay();
System.out.println("I miss my friends... why didn't they enjoy my eggs... Time to make some new ones...");
}
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:29 pm @Kylemii

It's nothing personal. I worked 30 hours in the last 3 days and just clocked out. My posts are alternating between the most recent thing aimed at me or that I find super interesting when I refresh the page and my catch-up from 5 pages back. I promise to answer you tomorrow or maybe even tonight. :cheers:
Alright.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Spacedaisy wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:51 pm Wilgy is highly unpredictable. Don't apply normal rules of logic. Wilgy is almost as unpredictable as Vompatti. Almost. Nothing is unlikely for Wilgy, everything is fair game. I'm just unsure what to do with this version of Wilgy...
It's funny that "normal" Wilgy scares you in such a way. Guess it's a good thing. Perhaps "normal" Wilgy is the advent of this game.
Image Image Image
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I do agree cbob that his content is helpful, I'm not inclined to discourage him from playing this way. I just don't know if I read as indicating alignment one way or another. I wouldn't be putting a vote on him today, unless something drastic changes my opinion.

linki @ Wilgy: It scares me because I don't know how to interpret it in terms of alignment. I love the content offering though, please don't let my tinfoil fears dissuade you from continuing on your current path!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Voting DDL for antitown behavior and non DDL behavior.

Off to see a friend who flew in from Belgium. If you lynch me,don't read too much into my legacy orange reads.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Just so you all know my plans for the evening, I am going to trivia night with some friends, who are then coming back to our place and playing board games probably until the wee hours of the morning. I may not be as present tonight as last night. But I am off tomorrow and working first shift through through Sunday after that so I should be able to play at my current levels without interruption for the next few cycles. We leave for trivia in about an hour so if you have anything you want from me please ask it soon. :)
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Spacedaisy wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:37 pm I do agree cbob that his content is helpful, I'm not inclined to discourage him from playing this way. I just don't know if I read as indicating alignment one way or another. I wouldn't be putting a vote on him today, unless something drastic changes my opinion.

linki @ Wilgy: It scares me because I don't know how to interpret it in terms of alignment. I love the content offering though, please don't let my tinfoil fears dissuade you from continuing on your current path!
Withstanding pain to read posts, waiting to catch up. I have no regrets. This was my only path. With my whole life I'm most definitely a doctor.
Image Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:42 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:37 pm I do agree cbob that his content is helpful, I'm not inclined to discourage him from playing this way. I just don't know if I read as indicating alignment one way or another. I wouldn't be putting a vote on him today, unless something drastic changes my opinion.

Withstanding pain to read posts, waiting to catch up. I have no regrets. This was my only path. With my whole life I'm most definitely a doctor.
:clap:
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:30 pm //Kyle what happened to your conviction? This doesn't feel the same Kyle that I met in Pirate mafia.
Is conviction something I had in pirates mafia? I would argue that the exact opposite is true. On the second to last day I didn't know who to lynch and almost died because of it, Speedchuck talked me into no lynching. We also lost partially because I didn't pursue my suspicion of Speedchuck on the final day.

I've been making a real effort to follow through in this game because of it.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 497

Post by speedchuck »

Spacedaisy wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:57 pm It's very straight forward, usually he is cryptic and frequently unhelpful until he is under some sort of pressure because he's about to die.
Alas, Wilgy is not rico
your meaning escapes me wherefore thee bethink that
Wilgy can playeth normal
I've seen t ere methinks
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:45 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:30 pm //Kyle what happened to your conviction? This doesn't feel the same Kyle that I met in Pirate mafia.
Is conviction something I had in pirates mafia? I would argue that the exact opposite is true. On the second to last day I didn't know who to lynch and almost died because of it, Speedchuck talked me into no lynching. We also lost partially because I didn't pursue my suspicion of Speedchuck on the final day.

I've been making a real effort to follow through in this game because of it.
Interesting. Perhaps I was confusing conviction with rapid adaption. My observance of you was from a smiley posting ding dong. I was the ding dong. You, however, were fun to watch because I felt like I was watching you grow in the short span of time I was alive. You were watched by a ding dong.
speedchuck wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:47 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:57 pm It's very straight forward, usually he is cryptic and frequently unhelpful until he is under some sort of pressure because he's about to die.
Alas, Wilgy is not rico
your meaning escapes me wherefore thee bethink that
Wilgy can playeth normal
I've seen t ere methinks
tbh, I agree with this. I feel like straight forward Wilgy has been more common recently too.
Image Image Image
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Not in any game I've played with you.

And Rico is a poor example, he can play normal too. He used to play quite well, and then decided to just do his gimmicks instead. I don't know why. Also, where the heck is Rico?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Wilgy I ended up leaning more defense. I've definitely been frustrated before and defended myself with reasons that made sense to me but not others.

As an aside, I'ma vote Kyle.
Mesk514
Posts in topic: 25

Post by Mesk514 »

Hehe while i do run a whole forum im still a little overwhelmed by the volume of content. That being said, no, it's nit because im scum.

I like how nutella sorted their reads. I will do something similar when i get ny kitties off my lap which is forcing me to post from my phone.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”