Marmot (Hosts/Nons/Deads)
50%

Total votes: 16
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 82

Re: Mountain Mafia [NIGHT 2]

Post by DrWilgy »

Guys, Gals, Peeps, things and Creatures, really sorry. Holiday weekend has been hella busy. I will be able to pursue more knowledge soon.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 464

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:19 pm Who brought this forever night?
It wasn't me this time.

-covers title-
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Let's ISO Quin

Quin wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:50 pm ima vote epignosis whenever and i'd like someone to tell me why that is
Quin wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:26 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:16 pm
Quin wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:50 pm ima vote epignosis whenever and i'd like someone to tell me why that is
He's making friends right off the bat.
what are your thoughts on that?
Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:36 am
Kylemii wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:05 am
what does this sentence mean?

do you want other people to tell you why you are going to vote for mr gnosis?
i'd like that very much thank you
Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:42 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:38 am
Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:31 am Can you agree with both hesitance and confidence toward the same thing simultaneously? :confused:
In this case, I think so. Nutella agrees with the sentiments that have been shared by myself, Long Con, and possibly you (we still don't know your actual reasons for voting Epi). I was only asking about the extent to which she agrees.
My reasons are the same as LC. I thought he was buddying.

Fair enough.

Quin pulled this move on Day 0. I think it's decent on a couple fronts:

1) It's effective for content generation.
2) This notion of "I have a suspicion, everyone else should tell me what it is" strikes me as an atypical means for a mafioso to either smear or distance.

Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:11 pm On Kyle - Obvious difference in the amount of posts between pirate Mafia and this one, even considering shorter phase lengths and the whole debacle at EoD1. Looks bad at face value, like a baddie who can't insert himself properly but I won't condemn him on that alone. We (or I) don't know where to set the baseline for his civilian game.

His content here isn't really fluff, but his thoughts haven't come together in the thread the way I'd like given the 24 hour day phases. They're not particularly useful to me as they are. I'd like some more elaborated stuff from him soon if he's up to it.

This take on Kylemii contrasts the one I intuited as a spectator, wherein I thought Kyle's rate of contribution was similar to that of his civilian game in Pirates Mafia. I checked my perspective and I'd say the two Day 0/early Day 1 performances look comparable at face value given the difference in phase length. In this regard Quin's grievance appears rather manufactured.

Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:51 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:47 pm okay this has turned into nonsensical arguments that are getting us nowhere. remind me to never again sign up for a game with both Epi and LC because it just always turns into this and we never make progress
Let's make some progress. What do you think about Sloonei?

Agreeable prod of nutella here, primarily in that it has the dual utility of drawing something more concrete from her complaint and also reads development on both nutella and Sloonei. He returned to it later to state a more concrete grievance.

Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:11 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:13 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:43 pm I thought as much. Wouldn't you say that's kind of a scum tell for you?
Which part of that is a scum tell for Jack?
Good question; Jack, in answering my question, be a dear and answer Sloonei's as well please.
Where did this conversation lead to?

Quin is making a consistent effort to this point to get the most out of people -- that's a good thing. He pulled this quote back into the dialogue after a number of hours had passed, when either participant would be forced to try to recall their mindset (genuine or not). I appreciate that.

Quin played the early game out of the Sloonei playbook | with questions | and some more questions | and some more questions | etc. I think this methodology is pro-civilian, even if not necessarily as typical of Quin as some others. What's important is that there is some discernible value-potential in the questions being posed, and I would say there is.

Quin wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:10 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:09 am
Quin wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:06 am > You throw votes out like candy on Day 1
> I use the word candy because I've given up on my own country's vocabulary
> You suspect Epi but won't put the final vote on him at that time
> I question why he didn't at least earn a pressure vote
> You tell me that your final vote is cast when it's well reasoned
> This exchange does not make me happy
Epignosis did not need a pressure vote. He was surrounded by pressure.
This is the response that I'd have liked initially.

I'm following the development of Quin's read on Sloonei. Those two know each other uniquely well (as compared to some other random pairing of Syndikats) similarly to my own playing experience with Sloonei. Quin's read has seemed to have a good amount of mobility, with a mix of credit (i.e. not fence sitting) and discredit like what is seen in the exchange above. I consider that mobility to be a positive -- he is trying to be thorough with his read on the player he knows best with frequent reassessments and prods. I highlight this specific post because it represents a relative break in the progression, or at least my ability to follow it -- Quin, at this moment in time did you intend for this assertion to be a positive or negative reflection on Sloonei if either?

Day 2 rainbow

A couple questions:

1) What drove your reads on colonialbob and speedchuck at the time?
2) This was your most recent comprehensive reads list, so what has changed most significantly since?

Agreed
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:25 am My concern with the above is that while Sloonei likes to throw around his votes early and often, he didn't put one on Epi despite essentially declaring him a worthwhile Day 1 lynch candidate. I asked him about that and he danced around that point and told me about how he decides where his final vote of the Day would be made.

He mentioned that Epi already had decent pressure on him at the time, which is basically the response I'd expect from a civilian Sloonei, but since it wasn't his initial response to me it doesn't hold as much weight.

I don't know what his mafia motivation for this is, though.

I like to see someone working through the differences between "hard to understand" and "suspicious" in their head, something evidenced by the highlighted disclaimer.

Quin wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:57 am Sloonei doesn't stop to recuperate. Sloonei jumps down an out of the blue players throat at his earliest opportunity.

This might be good Sloonei after all.

I don't think this is a change of heart that a mafioso would be eager to hand out. Quin made the observation in real-time, in the heat of the post-EOD2 dialogue, and I think it's a good look.

~~~

Conclusion

Quin's brief posts and numerous prods don't look inspired (hi Quin) at face value in the full context of the thread, but it's easier to see visible progressions and purpose in the ISO context. The most significant grievance I stated here related to a single post about kylemii in the early going. That's a small thing. Otherwise I had more nice to say here. I lean civilian on Quin.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 489
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Elohcin wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:04 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:26 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:46 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:05 pm I recall Epi once making the argument that Eloh is more invested in games when she has someone to talk to behind the scenes. In this game she's made multiple comments about the amount of effort she's been putting into getting caught up. Her tone in these posts has not been one of frustration or dejection, but instead she's seemed kind of gleeful about it, playing around and joking about her involvement. I like this attitude and approve of it in every way, which is why I feel dirty for turning it into a case against Eloh. If she is involved in BTSC, and has been since Day 1, then she's scum. And if this is the case and Epi's old argument is true, then her carefree attitude toward the avalanche of posts in this thread might be explained by her involvement with teammates behind the scenes. Or she's just having a jolly old time.
yeah I can see this. I feel like Eloh often gets mislynched for low activity, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is baddie eloh
I disagree. I don't think she gets mislynched for being a low poster. In fact, I don't think many people here do. I think she gets mislynched because she tends to say things that seem illogical, but I don't know that I could differentiate her baddie missteps from her civ missteps.

@Long Con I don't know if you ever answered my question, do you now hold the belief that the back and forth between you and Epi was a misunderstanding?

While I like Wilgy's recent activity, it's freaking me out a little bit. I don't recall him playing so straight forward a playstyle in... well, ever!
Epi, I appreciate your defense of me. I'd say that I read more than I skim. But I don't remember EVERYTHING I read or whi said what. This us why I try to post as I catch up. Even still....i feel like Inonly have time to answer what's asked of me and not enough time to form my own thoughts. That's why I did the rainbow list. I felt it would atnleast get my gut reads out there of who I feel I can trust. And Daisy is right, unfortunately. Even though I don't find my positions illogical, others often do. And this is why I am usually lynched.

Still reading...
This post makes me think Eloh is town. Would bad Eloh even bother with this mindset or pretending to have it? Probably not.

How to get mislynched chapter 4: Townread just about everybody
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:44 am Seinfeld and it saved my ass for at least a phase.
Okay now what about those other things I said.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:09 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:05 pm I recall Epi once making the argument that Eloh is more invested in games when she has someone to talk to behind the scenes. In this game she's made multiple comments about the amount of effort she's been putting into getting caught up. Her tone in these posts has not been one of frustration or dejection, but instead she's seemed kind of gleeful about it, playing around and joking about her involvement. I like this attitude and approve of it in every way, which is why I feel dirty for turning it into a case against Eloh. If she is involved in BTSC, and has been since Day 1, then she's scum. And if this is the case and Epi's old argument is true, then her carefree attitude toward the avalanche of posts in this thread might be explained by her involvement with teammates behind the scenes. Or she's just having a jolly old time.
yeah I can see this. I feel like Eloh often gets mislynched for low activity, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is baddie eloh
I disagree. I don't think she gets mislynched for being a low poster. In fact, I don't think many people here do. I think she gets mislynched because she tends to say things that seem illogical, but I don't know that I could differentiate her baddie missteps from her civ missteps.

@Long Con I don't know if you ever answered my question, do you now hold the belief that the back and forth between you and Epi was a misunderstanding?

While I like Wilgy's recent activity, it's freaking me out a little bit. I don't recall him playing so straight forward a playstyle in... well, ever!
Epi, I appreciate your defense of me. I'd say that I read more than I skim. But I don't remember EVERYTHING I read or whi said what. This us why I try to post as I catch up. Even still....i feel like Inonly have time to answer what's asked of me and not enough time to form my own thoughts. That's why I did the rainbow list. I felt it would atnleast get my gut reads out there of who I feel I can trust. And Daisy is right, unfortunately. Even though I don't find my positions illogical, others often do. And this is why I am usually lynched.

Still reading...
This post makes me think Eloh is town. Would bad Eloh even bother with this mindset or pretending to have it? Probably not.

What mindset are you referring to exactly; what did Elohcin say here specifically which you feel is less/not applicable to a mafioso?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

sprityo wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:19 am Sorry for being upset last night guys. This game has been moving super fast and I had some other stuff going on
I'm not bothered, no worries sprityo. This post should probably be in regular white though. You should revisit that period wherein you received a few votes and describe exactly what frustrated you.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:17 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:09 pm

Still reading...

What mindset are you referring to exactly; what did Elohcin say here specifically which you feel is less/not applicable to a mafioso?
Feeling the need to puke out reads instead of just answering questions and complaining about not being caught up.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:23 pm Feeling the need to puke out reads instead of just answering questions and complaining about not being caught up.
Cool beans. I can agree that it's more ideal at face value to give whatever reads one may have to offer, regardless of development, than to play perpetual catch-up.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

colonialbob wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:50 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:24 am
colonialbob wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:28 am That question was directed at JJJ because it was intended for JJJ. He was supporting your posting, so I wanted to understand why the part that bothered me didn't bother him. I wanted his thought process to help formulate a read on him, not as part of my feelings on you. I can certainly see why you interpreted this thay way, though, especially on ISO.
Can you describe the mafia mindset you attributed to Sloonei at the time regarding his vote move off of Elohcin? What about that maneuver made you suspicious of him?
He threw out a case on Eloh, nobody followed out and somebody disagreed with it, he moved off Eloh but expressed he was still fine voting her. Similarly, his "I could end up on Epi." In my experience mafia often try to gain consensus on their votes and are less likely to stake bold voting positions.

(Keep in mind part of his defense was "this is normal play for me," but I've essentially never played with him before. I modded one game on another site that I think you ebbed up replacing him, I was only alive one cycle in Crossover (and maybe he was modding?), and CC123 is far from a normal game)
Describe the bold voting position that you feel is more likely to come from a civilian in this scenario. What does that look like?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:28 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:23 pm Feeling the need to puke out reads instead of just answering questions and complaining about not being caught up.
Cool beans. I can agree that it's more ideal at face value to give whatever reads one may have to offer, regardless of development, than to play perpetual catch-up.
I meant specifically coming from Eloh.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

But yeah basically that.
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:33 pm
colonialbob wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:50 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:24 am
colonialbob wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:28 am That question was directed at JJJ because it was intended for JJJ. He was supporting your posting, so I wanted to understand why the part that bothered me didn't bother him. I wanted his thought process to help formulate a read on him, not as part of my feelings on you. I can certainly see why you interpreted this thay way, though, especially on ISO.
Can you describe the mafia mindset you attributed to Sloonei at the time regarding his vote move off of Elohcin? What about that maneuver made you suspicious of him?
He threw out a case on Eloh, nobody followed out and somebody disagreed with it, he moved off Eloh but expressed he was still fine voting her. Similarly, his "I could end up on Epi." In my experience mafia often try to gain consensus on their votes and are less likely to stake bold voting positions.

(Keep in mind part of his defense was "this is normal play for me," but I've essentially never played with him before. I modded one game on another site that I think you ebbed up replacing him, I was only alive one cycle in Crossover (and maybe he was modding?), and CC123 is far from a normal game)
Describe the bold voting position that you feel is more likely to come from a civilian in this scenario. What does that look like?
In my experience, civilians are generally more likely to stand by their reads than scum, especially when those reads are new or different from others. Plus its harder to defend a set of fake reads than a set of real ones. Mafia wants to blend, right? Generally making bold votes and defending them against scrutiny isn't the best way of doing that.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Elohcin wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:12 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:46 pm Placing a vote on Jack. I'm really not sure how I feel about Eloh. I will say that regardless of alignment I disapprove of her approach. If you're not going to read everything, don't act surprised when you don't understand what someone is referring to.
Fuck this. All Im doing is reading and responding, reading and responding. I'm about to give up. Y'all want too much out of this old lady. I ain't got time for this crap.
See? This is more what I expect out of bad Eloh. :rolleyes:
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 206

Post by Elohcin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:54 pm
Elohcin wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:12 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:46 pm Placing a vote on Jack. I'm really not sure how I feel about Eloh. I will say that regardless of alignment I disapprove of her approach. If you're not going to read everything, don't act surprised when you don't understand what someone is referring to.
Fuck this. All Im doing is reading and responding, reading and responding. I'm about to give up. Y'all want too much out of this old lady. I ain't got time for this crap.
See? This is more what I expect out of bad Eloh. :rolleyes:
:grin:
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I gave this reaction because I am sick and can't get my life together atm. But...with the holiday over, I'm able to wipe away the grin and bear it attitude one has to have when she is around family but feeling like crap. I feel more relaxed niw and even though I feel worse physically (my face hurts 😔), I feel like I can better participate without the hussle and bustle of events.

I should be able to do a couple more ISOs tomorrow...at leaat one.
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Elohcin wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:28 pm I gave this reaction because I am sick and can't get my life together atm. But...with the holiday over, I'm able to wipe away the grin and bear it attitude one has to have when she is around family but feeling like crap. I feel more relaxed niw and even though I feel worse physically (my face hurts 😔), I feel like I can better participate without the hussle and bustle of events.

I should be able to do a couple more ISOs tomorrow...at leaat one.
Man why even bother, over the holidays you must have missed several phases...

*presses finger to ear and looks off blankly*

I'm sorry, I've been informed it's still Night 2. My mistake.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 396

Post by Epignosis »

I'm ready for Day 3.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

@mafia, just tell us who you killed so we can proceed.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I am a little unnerved as to why Sloonei is "indie hunting." Stupid thing to do if you are a civilian and don't need Olympus Mon dead to win.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:47 pm I am a little unnerved as to why Sloonei is "indie hunting." Stupid thing to do if you are a civilian and don't need Olympus Mon dead to win.
I'm not. And how do you know that?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:52 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:47 pm I am a little unnerved as to why Sloonei is "indie hunting." Stupid thing to do if you are a civilian and don't need Olympus Mon dead to win.
How do I know what?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:53 pm
How do I know what?
that we don't need olympus mons to be dead to win.

2 of my 200+ posts were an acknowledgment that the indie role exists with a single proposed suspect who i have no intentions of lynching right now. this feels like a reach for you.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

[mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention]

On Sloonei - It was negative. His first response would be the most genuine and I didn't (still not sure, still want opinions) think that my initial question to him was that cryptic that he'd misunderstand it. The second answer was met with a heavy dose of skepticism. I've had further thought on it since but I'm gonna sit on it for a bit.

On speedchuck - His entrance came across as a "I'm here, now get out of my way" kind of thing. I don't think he was holding anything back in his posts. It made me feel good.

I don't have anything specific to say for bob. It was a tonal read.

On updated reads - Sloonei's shot up to light green for posts I've posted. Epi is orange because he's no longer on my immediate hit list. GTH bob stays, GTH Daisy drops to orange. They're priority one for ISO's. Doesn't mean I will, but I want to :smile:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:01 pm @JaggedJimmyJay

On Sloonei - It was negative. His first response would be the most genuine and I didn't (still not sure, still want opinions) think that my initial question to him was that cryptic that he'd misunderstand it. The second answer was met with a heavy dose of skepticism. I've had further thought on it since but I'm gonna sit on it for a bit.

On speedchuck - His entrance came across as a "I'm here, now get out of my way" kind of thing. I don't think he was holding anything back in his posts. It made me feel good.

On updated reads - Sloonei's shot up to light green for posts I've posted. Epi is orange because he's no longer on my immediate hit list. GTH bob stays, GTH Daisy drops to orange. They're priority one for ISO's. Doesn't mean I will, but I want to :smile:
why did daisy drop to orange?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:03 pm
Quin wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:01 pm JaggedJimmyJay

I found something unnatural about how she brought up sig when asking Jack for reads. Neither Jack nor the thread was talking about sig. She was talking about sig, but if she were looking for opinions on him, why ask Jack specifically?
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:47 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:40 am I might be persuaded to go with Epi today, but as of right now I'd not be willing to put a definitive vote on him.
This following "I move my vote around constantly on Day 1" begs an explanation.
Quin, this is was your original prod of me. You are questioning why I appear to not be subscribing to my own philosophy with regards to Epi. I can take that as a deeper probe into my Day 1 vote strategy, or a probe about my treatment of Epi specifically. I took it as the former. You meant it as the latter. This is where the confusion exists. When you gave your bulleted thought process, I understood what you were getting at and answered accordingly. I don't think this episode should have such a lingering influence on your read of me. I simply did not understand the question.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:09 pm

I found something unnatural about how she brought up sig when asking Jack for reads. Neither Jack nor the thread was talking about sig. She was talking about sig, but if she were looking for opinions on him, why ask Jack specifically?
A quick glance at her ISO and it seems she's been pushing sig as a suspect/topic of conversation for a while. I don't think it's unnatural for her to direct a specific prod at Jack about sig.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:15 pm

A quick glance at her ISO and it seems she's been pushing sig as a suspect/topic of conversation for a while. I don't think it's unnatural for her to direct a specific prod at Jack about sig.
But why Jack as opposed to just asking the thread?
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:17 pm

:shrug: she was talking to jack. daisy should probably answer these questions herself.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:18 pm

:shrug: she was talking to jack. daisy should probably answer these questions herself.
I would like that. [mention]Spacedaisy[/mention]
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Spacedaisy »

I'm simming so I will keep this brief. I asked Jack because Jack asked me to to ask him for ISO's and while I was at it I asked his opinion of sig as well. I don't see what is unnatural about it given I was directly asked to interact with Jack. I didn't particularly want Jack's opinion over everyone else's.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:59 pm
How do I know what?

2 of my 200+ posts were an acknowledgment that the indie role exists with a single proposed suspect who i have no intentions of lynching right now. this feels like a reach for you.
It's not reaching.

It's reading.

--- The Big Mountains must eliminate the Small Mountains to win. ---

Is Olympus Mon a Small Mountain?

No.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:23 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:59 pm
How do I know what?

It's not reaching.

It's reading.

--- The Big Mountains must eliminate the Small Mountains to win. ---

Is Olympus Mon a Small Mountain?

No.
It's reaching because I'm not indie hunting.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Spacedaisy wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:23 pm I'm simming so I will keep this brief. I asked Jack because Jack asked me to to ask him for ISO's and while I was at it I asked his opinion of sig as well. I don't see what is unnatural about it given I was directly asked to interact with Jack. I didn't particularly want Jack's opinion over everyone else's.
Cool. What's your opinion on sig?
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Spacedaisy »

I don't like the look of him, but I don't have enough reason to vote him next. I think ifn you did that ISO of me you talked about you, you would already know my opinion of him. I haven't been secretive about it.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin, why do you have a town read on cbob?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I know you suspect him. I was making a joke :sigh:

linki: I answered that, sir. Tonal with need of reevaluation.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:39 pm I know you suspect him. I was making a joke :sigh:

I'd be very interested in a re-evaluation.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:42 pm
Quin wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:39 pm I know you suspect him. I was making a joke :sigh:

I'd be very interested in a re-evaluation.
Me too. But not now.
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 320
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:08 pmQuin pulled this move on Day 0. I think it's decent on a couple fronts:

2) This notion of "I have a suspicion, everyone else should tell me what it is" strikes me as an atypical means for a mafioso to either smear or distance.
Catching up, but I wanna post right away on this - I thought this was a cool way to engage the thread. Kudos, Quin, did you make that up for this game?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Long Con wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:30 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:08 pmQuin pulled this move on Day 0. I think it's decent on a couple fronts:

Catching up, but I wanna post right away on this - I thought this was a cool way to engage the thread. Kudos, Quin, did you make that up for this game?
I was checking to see if others could observe the same thing without bias, actually. But..yes?
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

My Marmot lies over the ocean
My Marmot lies over the sea
My Marmot lies over the ocean
Oh bring back my Marmot to me
ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Quin wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:19 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:18 pm

I would like that. @Spacedaisy
Quin has this lengthy convo about daisy. Sloonei doesn't buy it, nobody else bites. (I don't buy it either.)

Quin wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:27 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:23 pm I'm simming so I will keep this brief. I asked Jack because Jack asked me to to ask him for ISO's and while I was at it I asked his opinion of sig as well. I don't see what is unnatural about it given I was directly asked to interact with Jack. I didn't particularly want Jack's opinion over everyone else's.
Cool. What's your opinion on sig?
Daisy responds and he just drops it? This looks like something I would do if I were bad. Quin tries to get something on daisy. Can't. Gives up. And as he now feels daisy will not be taken to an easy lynch, he asks her opinion on sig. Which really, he should know her thoughts if he had been reading her posts. And if he hadn't, this only confirms his original "suspicion" of her is made up.

My top suspects for day 3 are quin and chuck so far.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Daaaaaang Eloh.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 320
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:09 am Daaaaaang Eloh.
Daaaaang?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I don't think the progression of that conversation was unusual for Quin.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Speedchuck ISO

Recap: Speed throws out names and ideas without substantiating them. Earlier, I questioned the purposes of these posts and Speed said I needed to look at the context of when they were posted....but Speed was live streaming his thoughts at the time so what context?

Anyway, falls into not voting Epi (cause the buddying case was dumb) and also not LC (stating that the LC Epi fight goes as usual. I think the unstated conclusion I would draw in a vacuum is that means a c/c fight or at least nothing alignment indicative) and also not Nutella. Doesn't really say anything about Nutella, though, other than acknowledging her behavior towards Epi may be teammate behavior.

Clarifies the LC attack on Epi is suicidal for scum cause Epi is a dangerous townie so while the argument is stupid, this causes him to townread LC. (I can dig it but WIFOM.)

Then votes Nutella literally 3 min after saying he won't. This is later clarified to be to save LC, which jives with the strength of his LC and Nutella opinions at the time.

At prodding from Quin, Speed clarifies that LC wouldn't just go after Epi for no reason and thinks a wolf Epi, town LC is more likely than vice versa.

(If LC was bad, I could see Speed as his buddy. Defends him but distances as well. I don't think LC is bad at this point but worth noting.)

Jack asks Speed about Epi's dishonest responses. Speed says one makes Epi look bad but last time Epi did it he was town. He goes to look for the example but can't find it. Jack points out this actually happened recently with bad Epi but that post gets no response from Speed, who later claims to have not seen it. (Speed threads the needle between defending and attacking Epi as well. I could see him being w/w with Epi as well.)

Jokes about Quin/Jack townreads.
speedchuck wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:54 pm
Kylemii wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:40 am We have an hour and a half left. The top three vote getters are Nutella, LC, and Jack.

If the best person to lynch today is anyone but one of those three then we need to decide that now before we get caught up in some vote-rush shenanigans
:smoky:

:mafia:

Dis post pinged me, you know what I'm sayin'?
Kyle's post doesn't ping me but I worry this means Speed knows something I don't about the players in question.

Continuing...
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Long Con wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:39 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:09 am Daaaaaang Eloh.
Daaaaang?
Eloh is after someone for an actual thing and something I didn't notice, which is unexpected.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Not giving a play by play on the rest.

Essentially, Speed could be bad. He's particularly blendly except when taking hard lines on easy stances like "Saying you won't vote for someone on Day 1 isn't buddying." He doesn't seem to be lacking opinions but doesn't really push to get anything done. The one exception to this is his attempt to lynch Bob.

What I'm left with is a guy with a fair amount of alignment/anti alignment (anti Kyle, Bob in particular).

I'll keep him at orange, where he was previously placed by a gth gutread.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”