Total votes: 16
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 206

Re: Mountain Mafia [NIGHT 2]

Post by Elohcin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:19 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:39 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:09 am Daaaaaang Eloh.
Daaaaang?
Eloh is after someone for an actual thing and something I didn't notice, which is unexpected.
I'm thinking with a clear head today. Literally. Apparently a heating pad works wonders for the sinuses.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 781
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:16 pm Speedchuck ISO
speedchuck wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:54 pm
Kylemii wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:40 am We have an hour and a half left. The top three vote getters are Nutella, LC, and Jack.

If the best person to lynch today is anyone but one of those three then we need to decide that now before we get caught up in some vote-rush shenanigans
:smoky:

:mafia:

Dis post pinged me, you know what I'm sayin'?
Kyle's post doesn't ping me but I worry this means Speed knows something I don't about the players in question.

Continuing...
What would speed know?
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 464

Post by Quin »

Elohcin wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:46 am
Quin wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:19 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:18 pm
Quin wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:17 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:15 pm
Quin wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:09 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:03 pm

why did daisy drop to orange?
I found something unnatural about how she brought up sig when asking Jack for reads. Neither Jack nor the thread was talking about sig. She was talking about sig, but if she were looking for opinions on him, why ask Jack specifically?
A quick glance at her ISO and it seems she's been pushing sig as a suspect/topic of conversation for a while. I don't think it's unnatural for her to direct a specific prod at Jack about sig.
But why Jack as opposed to just asking the thread?
:shrug: she was talking to jack. daisy should probably answer these questions herself.
I would like that. @Spacedaisy
Quin has this lengthy convo about daisy. Sloonei doesn't buy it, nobody else bites. (I don't buy it either.)

Quin wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:27 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:23 pm I'm simming so I will keep this brief. I asked Jack because Jack asked me to to ask him for ISO's and while I was at it I asked his opinion of sig as well. I don't see what is unnatural about it given I was directly asked to interact with Jack. I didn't particularly want Jack's opinion over everyone else's.
Cool. What's your opinion on sig?
Daisy responds and he just drops it? This looks like something I would do if I were bad. Quin tries to get something on daisy. Can't. Gives up. And as he now feels daisy will not be taken to an easy lynch, he asks her opinion on sig. Which really, he should know her thoughts if he had been reading her posts. And if he hadn't, this only confirms his original "suspicion" of her is made up.

My top suspects for day 3 are quin and chuck so far.
Read the conversation to the end next time, please. The sig read was a joke. Thanks for telling me my motivation here though.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Spacedaisy »

Well no offense Quinbut Eloh did to you exactly what you were doing to me. You pulled my request for ISO's and an opinion on sig from Jack and completely ignored the post (which unless I am recalling incorrectly was directly before the post you were questioning me about) from Jack asking me to give him something else to do other than just defend himself. So yeah.... hello pot, meet kettle.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I read it all. I saw where you said it was a joke. It wasn't believable.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 497

Post by speedchuck »

I'm entering a 72-hour-game-making contest, so, uh, peace out until night 2 ends. Tag me on any questions you want answered tomorrow.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 396

Post by Epignosis »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:36 am Marmot is out of town
Does that mean we all got mafia roles? :omg:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:55 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:36 am Marmot is out of town
Does that mean we all got mafia roles? :omg:
Wolves are, Marmot, Marmot, and Marmot
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Elohcin wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:41 pm I read it all. I saw where you said it was a joke. It wasn't believable.
I don't believe you. You'd have accused me of backpedaling or some such if you did, because that's what it looks like if I'm being less than honest.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:50 pm Well no offense Quinbut Eloh did to you exactly what you were doing to me. You pulled my request for ISO's and an opinion on sig from Jack and completely ignored the post (which unless I am recalling incorrectly was directly before the post you were questioning me about) from Jack asking me to give him something else to do other than just defend himself. So yeah.... hello pot, meet kettle.
No.
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Yes.

See, I can do that too. :meany: :D
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Not as well as I can :grin:
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

That's what you think.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

LC raised a point in his ISO of/case against speedchuck that caught my attention, and I'd like to expand upon it:
speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:53 pm (Basically I would think LC is scum but following such a stupid argument if he didn't genuinely see something in Epi is suicidal)

(And that's a town meta read on LC for me)
This post is problematic. It came on Day 1 when the Epi/LC feud was still the most significant dialogue in the thread. I've used colors to separate the important components. Green is meant to be portrayed as a sort of preliminary disclaimer which is qualified (and reversed) by what follows, but its utility in this post is sufficient to cancel out what follows. Consider the climate of the thread at the time -- Long Con and Epignosis are both fielding suspicion from varying sources, with the former taking the majority of it as the day approached its conclusion. speedchuck's post is supportive of Long Con, but with that disclaimer attached its capacity to change the minds of LC voters is minimized. This is evidenced in the responses that followed from Quin and colonialbob at least. The latter even liked speedchuck in that moment and still voted in opposition to the orange-colored text above.

It should be stated that speedchuck qualified himself in more certain terms sans-disclaimer the next day:

speedchuck wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:23 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:53 pm (Basically I would think LC is scum but following such a stupid argument if he didn't genuinely see something in Epi is suicidal)

LC would not have, as scum, taken one of the danciest, hardest-to-lynch targets and formed a stupid argument to try and lynch him. My meta on LC says this sincere, earnest, and suicidal lynchlust comes from a town headspace.

And seriously, who would target Epi as their easy D1 lynch?

Motive-wise, it makes zero sense for LC to be scum outside of tinfoil land.

I'd have liked this more had it come before the near-lynch of LC was finalized instead of in the following phase. I'll also add that this proposed problem may be reliant upon LC being a civilian, as the dynamic changes in a mafia-mafia scenario.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:51 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:28 am
speedchuck wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:55 pm Spacedaisy seems way more town than normal.

Quin seems consistent wit his cc123 performance. ???

I have no sig opinion yet
What is the purpose of this post?
Quick reads? People were talking about Sig and Quin at the time, I think. SD is someone I hadn't read at this point in the game, so I put that out there. Like any post, it was made to generate content and responses.
You didn't really give me anything with yours though.
They're at least quick observations, and that's fine. I'm interested in the observation about Spacedaisy -- when you say she seems way more town than normal, are you implying solely that she is a town read, or that you have concerns about her adherence to her meta?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Elohcin wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:46 amDaisy responds and he just drops it? This looks like something I would do if I were bad. Quin tries to get something on daisy. Can't. Gives up. And as he now feels daisy will not be taken to an easy lynch, he asks her opinion on sig. Which really, he should know her thoughts if he had been reading her posts. And if he hadn't, this only confirms his original "suspicion" of her is made up.

Post is snipped for brevity, here's the whole thing

Elohcin, your grievance with Quin here is contingent upon his handling of Spacedaisy. Following the interaction Quin had with Sloonei that you discussed in this same post, Daisy's handling of sig (re: Jack) was the core of the dialogue. In that regard, it would seem to me that a focused question about sig to Spacedaisy makes plenty of sense. Indeed, the highlighted portion here is an assertion that Quin didn't actually read her posts because he asked about sig, but the exchange above this in the same post displays Quin talking about Spacedaisy's read on sig. Please talk about that.

Also please talk about this

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:21 am
speedchuck wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:55 pm Spacedaisy seems way more town than normal.

Quin seems consistent wit his cc123 performance. ???

I have no sig opinion yet
I'm interested in the observation about Spacedaisy -- when you say she seems way more town than normal, are you implying solely that she is a town read, or that you have concerns about her adherence to her meta?
I have never been able to read Spacedaisy, not in any game I've played with her. IDK why. She just always seems neutral to me.
In this game, I have a townread on her. I consider that to be a good thing.

Metawise, I can tinfoil, sure, all of that. It's possible that SD is scum, and that's why she's different than normal in my eyes. But I doubt it, as I think I've played with scumdaisy before.

In short, mostly the first, tinfoiling the second. I would not lynch Spacedaisy on d3 (should it ever arrive).
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:15 am LC raised a point in his ISO of/case against speedchuck that caught my attention, and I'd like to expand upon it:

This post is problematic. It came on Day 1 when the Epi/LC feud was still the most significant dialogue in the thread. I've used colors to separate the important components. Green is meant to be portrayed as a sort of preliminary disclaimer which is qualified (and reversed) by what follows, but its utility in this post is sufficient to cancel out what follows. Consider the climate of the thread at the time -- Long Con and Epignosis are both fielding suspicion from varying sources, with the former taking the majority of it as the day approached its conclusion. speedchuck's post is supportive of Long Con, but with that disclaimer attached its capacity to change the minds of LC voters is minimized. This is evidenced in the responses that followed from Quin and colonialbob at least. The latter even liked speedchuck in that moment and still voted in opposition to the orange-colored text above.

It should be stated that speedchuck qualified himself in more certain terms sans-disclaimer the next day:

speedchuck wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:23 pm

LC would not have, as scum, taken one of the danciest, hardest-to-lynch targets and formed a stupid argument to try and lynch him. My meta on LC says this sincere, earnest, and suicidal lynchlust comes from a town headspace.

And seriously, who would target Epi as their easy D1 lynch?

Motive-wise, it makes zero sense for LC to be scum outside of tinfoil land.

I'd have liked this more had it come before the near-lynch of LC was finalized instead of in the following phase. I'll also add that this proposed problem may be reliant upon LC being a civilian, as the dynamic changes in a mafia-mafia scenario.
Excuse me? I clarified myself much, much earlier. If you really ISO'd me, you'd know that I have at least four five posts after your quoted post (and before EOD) that clarified LC as a townread. Not to mention that, in my opinion, the first post I made there clarifies LC as a townread. The purpose of the 'disclaimer' is to explain why I was voting for him before that post.

This is blatant misrepresentation. Some day 1 posts for you:
speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:13 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:52 pm I think the Epi train was formed out of nothing, and from now on, I'm going to pick two peeps not to lynch on D1 of every game and announce it to the world just to prove it.
speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:09 pm BTW, not lynching Jack or Quin today
Might be less than random now, IDGAF

Lynch Epi or Nutella of the current options I guess. Jack I want to keep around (this is not the first game I've said this in [Might have been scum in the other game, don't remember]).

I really don't think LC is like this as scum.
speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:02 pm
Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:59 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:58 pm
Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:57 pm

you telling me lc wouldn't argue with epi just for the shits an' giggles?
As scum? :ponder: I'm not entirely sure, but I'd lean "no."
what about the other way around? if epi was bad.
If LC is town and Epi bad?

It's possible. LC would have basically cornered Epi out of luck, but it's more likely than LC being scum I think

speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:03 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:01 pm I'm happy we're no longer focusing on one candidate anymore but I don't understand why LC has 3 votes.
:keys: I don't get it either
speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:30 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:29 pm I don't understand how today's discussion came to a point where our 2 lynch options are LC and Nutella, I haven't seen a case made against LC
Yeah, even Epi would be a better vote than LC. :shrug2:
I have no idea whether misrepresentation is scummy behavior from you, but I don't usually see it.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Let's ISO Mesk514

I don't get anything from | her first | handful | of posts.

She's new, she's confused, and that doesn't move the indicator either way for me.

Mesk514 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:14 am i'm so used to being the almighty superior, but recently to show a good example i've had to calm myself a little.... but I must say I myself am quite the non family person... normally myself, i am the one writing up a storm.... atlas, i find my tongue a bit tied at the moment as I
A- just checked this game again (cause as i said, i totally forgot, whoops)
B- haven't read all that much besides the pings...
so imma do that while i smoke the devils grass... pray i don't pass out.
kthx for all the understanding guyysss<3 THIS IS GOING GREAT
AMAZING START ON MY PART

At face value I kind of like her caps lock sarcasm/admission that she hasn't done much of anything. I'm not sure a newcomer from elsewhere would be as eager to bank on this group (Syndicate regulars) being warm to that re: suspicion/non -- some sites wouldn't be.

I already talked about this post -- it's meaty, but its utility is limited. That's not great.

Mesk514 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:54 am why would we lynch him if it's a mislynch?

This was a response to Quin joking about doing a token sig mislynch. Even without knowing about sig's history here I'd expect that to be an obvious jest, so this is a Captain Obvious reply.

Mesk514 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:25 am uh no. that would require too much effort and we're all still getting to know each other first..jesus i just realized this game is already 700+ posts in.... So while I agree there is a lot of content I could comment on, I know everyone based on their interactions with others which is simply not fair to pass judgment on... plus I will always stick by my never give reads Day 1. Which is a rule I intend to keep, especially given it's 2:30 am.

You're still going to be my best friend though even if I annoy you. You're the only person I know here.

I am not inclined to give Mesk crap for the refusal to give reads on Day 1. That looks very much like the product of her unique cultural experience, even if I think it is the opposite of correct. The highlighted portion is something else though -- "everyone's interactions with others" is kind of the whole game of Mafia, right? Passing judgment on that would strike me as a necessity to proceed with anything. :huh:

I won't nail you to the wall for that Mesk. I just hope you're able to drop in soon and talk about your methods a little bit -- or better yet your reads.

Mesk514 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:47 amWhile I only touched upon four players in a ramble rant high as fuck at 2:30 this morning, I did actually touch upon the fact that I think Kyle is good, given i can reference the game i hosted and i can see the difference in his activity and style.... While I may have rambled that last night, JJJ basically just communicated that more effectively... It also may be a ramble but theres more than just commentary in there, so please don't down play it like i tried to pull a buncha shit outta my ass.

This snippet is agreeable. This is an important qualification of the prior "meaty" post I raised questions about before, wherein she expands upon her read on Kyle. She's the only other player in this game who had the privilege (to my knowledge) of seeing his play in the sc2 game, and I appreciate that she is seeing the same differences in Kyle's play that I've seen. She defined the difference on a plane of "shitposting", which I think is apt. I don't think Kyle's posts are shit, but they're looser and freer than they seemed in that sc2 game.

Mesk514 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:53 pm Hehe while i do run a whole forum im still a little overwhelmed by the volume of content. That being said, no, it's nit because im scum.

I like how nutella sorted their reads. I will do something similar when i get ny kitties off my lap which is forcing me to post from my phone.

I readily believe that Mesk is overwhelmed. This is a hell of a game for a newcomer to jump into given its intense pace.

~~~

There are some concerns here related to the utility of the content she has provided. I am inclined to attribute that as much to culture as to her motivations unique to this game though. Gun to my head I call her a civilian. I really would like to see more though. Join us, Mesk! Play Mafia!

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:58 amExcuse me? I clarified myself much, much earlier. If you really ISO'd me, you'd know that I have at least four five posts after your quoted post (and before EOD) that clarified LC as a townread. Not to mention that, in my opinion, the first post I made there clarifies LC as a townread. The purpose of the 'disclaimer' is to explain why I was voting for him before that post.

This is blatant misrepresentation. Some day 1 posts for you:
speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:13 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:52 pm I think the Epi train was formed out of nothing, and from now on, I'm going to pick two peeps not to lynch on D1 of every game and announce it to the world just to prove it.
speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:09 pm BTW, not lynching Jack or Quin today
Might be less than random now, IDGAF

Lynch Epi or Nutella of the current options I guess. Jack I want to keep around (this is not the first game I've said this in [Might have been scum in the other game, don't remember]).

I really don't think LC is like this as scum.
speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:02 pm
Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:59 pm

what about the other way around? if epi was bad.
If LC is town and Epi bad?

It's possible. LC would have basically cornered Epi out of luck, but it's more likely than LC being scum I think

speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:03 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:01 pm I'm happy we're no longer focusing on one candidate anymore but I don't understand why LC has 3 votes.
:keys: I don't get it either
speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:30 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:29 pm I don't understand how today's discussion came to a point where our 2 lynch options are LC and Nutella, I haven't seen a case made against LC
Yeah, even Epi would be a better vote than LC. :shrug2:
"Blatant misrepresentation" :rolleyes:

Quin hates "inspired" as an overused Mafia word. I'll take "misrepresentation".

I saw your posts, and my job in assessing them is to judge the sincerity of your investment in avoiding a Long Con lynch. When I am already concerned about the post I discussed and then I see "I am not entirely sure :ponder: but I'd lean no", I am not moved. There is a difference between posturing from a perspective of TMI and sincerely trying to drive a lynch away from a civilian read and onto a mafia read. The most powerful thing you said in Long Con's defense was your expansion of the initial post, at Sloonei's prod, after EOD.
speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:58 amI have no idea whether misrepresentation is scummy behavior from you, but I don't usually see it.
Take a stance.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:17 pm Take a stance.
Give me a mafia game with you in it. Otherwise I can't metaread, and 'misrepresentation' or whatever it is you're doing isn't inherently scummy.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:20 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:17 pm Take a stance.
Give me a mafia game with you in it. Otherwise I can't metaread, and 'misrepresentation' or whatever it is you're doing isn't inherently scummy.
Transistor

Currents

Go crazy.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I think my use of misrepresentation was inspired by Epi.

I spent ten minutes or so tone-reading your mafia game and looking for nebulous similarities. Pleh. I'm not clearing you, but I'd probably give you a light town read.

Also wow I played a really different game in Currents.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:31 am
Elohcin wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:46 amDaisy responds and he just drops it? This looks like something I would do if I were bad. Quin tries to get something on daisy. Can't. Gives up. And as he now feels daisy will not be taken to an easy lynch, he asks her opinion on sig. Which really, he should know her thoughts if he had been reading her posts. And if he hadn't, this only confirms his original "suspicion" of her is made up.

Post is snipped for brevity, here's the whole thing

Elohcin, your grievance with Quin here is contingent upon his handling of Spacedaisy. Following the interaction Quin had with Sloonei that you discussed in this same post, Daisy's handling of sig (re: Jack) was the core of the dialogue. In that regard, it would seem to me that a focused question about sig to Spacedaisy makes plenty of sense. Indeed, the highlighted portion here is an assertion that Quin didn't actually read her posts because he asked about sig, but the exchange above this in the same post displays Quin talking about Spacedaisy's read on sig. Please talk about that.

Also please talk about this
Right. Quin was suspicious of how daisy handled her thoughts of sig. But then he asks her what she thinks of sig. I don't see how that's reasonable.

As for discussion of the rainbow list I made on day one (I think it was), I just looked at the list of playera and basically put them in order of most trustworthy to least trustworthy in accordance with my opinion. Apparently I was ignorant to the fact that rainbow lists had to be more complicated than that. And yea, In mentioned that I was okay with voting A low poster as I felt a baddie could be among them. Of course its not like I would have picked a low powter at random to vote for. It would be something that would have to be discussed. And just because I'm okay with voting a low poster doesn't mean all the low posters have to be orange and red on my rainbow list.

Does this better explain my posts?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 489
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

[mention]Elohcin[/mention]

Who are the people who kinda wanted to lynch Epi?
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Huh? I don't know who wants to lynch epi. As the thread, not me.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Ask*
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

GTH readlist

speedchuck
nutella
Sloonei
Spacedaisy
Dragon D. Luffy

Long Con
JaggedJimmyJay

Mesk514
DrWilgy
Quin
Elohcin

Epignosis
insertnamehere

sig
Dom
Kylemii
Jackofhearts2005

sprityo
colonialbob

Yellow is in there, but I wouldn't say it's null. Consider yellow to be slightly south of null.
These are GTH, so if you questioned me on them, I'd say 'two-day-old gutread.' But it's a place to start.

linki: One of these days, the vultures that surrounded Epi on early day one will be outed. But today is apparently not that day.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 0]

Not asking about who wants to lynch Epi now.

Asking who the "vultures" are that you agreed with DDL about in this post.
Elohcin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:53 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:07 am Me too! *vote Epignosis*
Are you still angry from the previous game with epi where he found you out as mafia?
Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:08 am Put a vote on Spacedaisy. Do we believe her guilt to be coming from a place of empathy for game hosts everywhere, or from her role card?
I believe her.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:39 am I don't like this Epi lynch. Feels like there's a bunch of scum surrounding him like vultures waiting to see if they can lynch him or not. Lots of people "kind of" wanting to vote for him.
I agree with this.

Posting but still catching up.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

From now on, imaginary vultures are after me and this is proof I am town. I am not interested in lynching actual baddies.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 396

Post by Epignosis »

Maybe Vulture Mountains is a super secret role. :ninja:

Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

I'm probably gonna need a recap once things get started again
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I told you already... I was just agreeing that I didn't like the epi lynch.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

ISOed Sig.

Not a ton there. Reads are consistent if a bit tunnely. Feels legit like a townie a bit behind/very busy. He's not jumping on things nor letting things go.

I'll put Sig as a soft townread.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Elohcin wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:08 pm I told you already... I was just agreeing that I didn't like the epi lynch.
Nah. You were agreeing that "there's a bunch of scum surrounding him like vultures waiting to see if they can lynch him or not." This is literally what DDL said and you literally said "I agree with this."

So who did that?

If you are town and you think there were baddies ready to pounce on townie Epi, why aren't you pointing those baddies out to us?
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I did! LC! I still think he could be bad. But I can't lynch him by myself.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

And I won't be lynches again for tunneling. That's happened to me a lot recently. So I've let up and started looking elsewhere. Don't tell me you gone lynch my ass for NOT tunneling.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

And I won't be lynches again for tunneling. That's happened to me a lot recently. So I've let up and started looking elsewhere. Don't tell me you gon lynch my ass for NOT tunneling.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

LC spent roughly 80% of D0/D1 riding Epi and eventually voted for a player who might be his scumbuddy.

It is both Eloh and DDL's opinion that there were players circling the LC/Epi discussion, waiting for a chance to swoop in and mislynch Epi. Specifically, the player circling the LC/Epi discussion was....LC.

:suspish:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Jack
Nutella
Sloonei
Jimmy
Quin
LC

Sig
Kyle
...Daisy

Wilgy
INH
Dom
Mesk
Sprityo

Epi
Eloh
Bob
DDL
Speed

That bottom section probably needs to be reorganized. It's just kinda tossed up there.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

How do we all read DDL?

linki: well there's sort of an answer. Care to go more in depth on mr dragon?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 485
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

I'm pretty much ignoring this game until it goes back from hiatus since I'm playing two other games and doing a lot of other stuff.

But I don't mean to be rude so I'll try to catch up tomorrow and answer questions.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

So because LC voted for nutella who I also mentioned is a possible baddie, I cannot suspect LC anymore? Heck, jack. You are all possible baddies imo. You are now on my list of suspects. You're not making any sense.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

His vultures bit is clear bs. Reads like an excuse to not vote Epi or to make LC look bad. Refuses to back up his reads. Calls scumhunting techniques crap. Refuses to ISO. Leaning on being a tunneler and overly vague statements as an excuse not to look for baddies or talk about his reads.

DDL is a competent mafia player. Doesn't always mind meld with other townies, sure. Had a bad game as town recently, sure. This doesn't look like town DDL to me.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Elohcin wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:21 pm So because LC voted for nutella who I also mentioned is a possible baddie, I cannot suspect LC anymore? Heck, jack. You are all possible baddies imo. You are now on my list of suspects. You're not making any sense.
You can suspect LC all day but LC can't circle his own fight with Epi and one player does not a flock of vultures make.

"No you" is not a valid defense.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[mention]Elohcin[/mention]

Do you think me not making sense is some sort of scum tell for me?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:28 pm His vultures bit is clear bs. Reads like an excuse to not vote Epi or to make LC look bad. Refuses to back up his reads. Calls scumhunting techniques crap. Refuses to ISO. Leaning on being a tunneler and overly vague statements as an excuse not to look for baddies or talk about his reads.

DDL is a competent mafia player. Doesn't always mind meld with other townies, sure. Had a bad game as town recently, sure. This doesn't look like town DDL to me.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:30 pm
Elohcin wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:21 pm So because LC voted for nutella who I also mentioned is a possible baddie, I cannot suspect LC anymore? Heck, jack. You are all possible baddies imo. You are now on my list of suspects. You're not making any sense.
You can suspect LC all day but LC can't circle his own fight with Epi and one player does not a flock of vultures make.

"No you" is not a valid defense.
I suck at scumhunting, especially without any in-game deaths.

But I don't feel like these exchanges are town/town, like I did originally with Epi/LC. Either Jack is onto something with DDL/Eloh/Epi/(LC?) or he's scum. Take that for what you will. (inb4 my indecision pisses people off)

I still gutread DDL as town tho.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:36 pm @Elohcin

Do you think me not making sense is some sort of scum tell for me?
I just feel like you're reaching here. I was only thinging of LC when I thought of anyone going after epi. I didn't even know there were others. I stopped reading because the lc/epi crap was getting old. I was just taking a side when quoting that I agreed that the epi lynch was stupid.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Marmot wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:35 pm
Game Summary
Nothing has actually happened yet.
This is my favorite post in the entire game.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:43 pm
Marmot wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:35 pm
Game Summary
Nothing has actually happened yet.
This is my favorite post in the entire game.
IKR? I reallly want someone to dddiiiieee
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”