Total votes: 16
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 396

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 3]

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:31 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:27 pm To Jack:

My work browser is now blocking the full editor page.

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... f=28&t=726

I think that was it.
Thanks. Two years.

I don't think I've ever been lynched on Day 1. I've seen it happen or almost to Doc and Sprityo several times and I've only been here a year.

I think your conclusion that Day 1 lynches are a crapshoot and anyone can be lynched on Day 1 is incorrect. I stand by my statement that you would be a difficult mislynch target and that this causes your LC accusation to not feel genuine.
Oh ffs.
Epignosis wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:26 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:34 pm
I told you I wasn't going to explain things to you that you already know.
You have a terrible habit of assuming your interpretation of a sentence or phrase is gospel.

Anyone is an easy lynch Day 1. That's because many people take the mindset that Day 1 is a crapshoot, and that the real utility of Day 1 is the acquisition of information. Any lynch will provide that.

You are taking my "easy lynch" comment to mean that I am referring to Epignosis being a an easy lynch, which is your mistake. If Day 1 is a guessing game, then lazily piling up votes on me is an easy thing to do. Saying I meant that I am an easy lynch in general is your mistake. When people pile up votes on anyone for stupid reasons (or no reason at all), it makes for a quick and easy lynch. Anybody could be that.
I did not develop the conclusion that Days 1 are crapshoots. :disappoint:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 489
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Long Con wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:28 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:17 pm
colonialbob wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:49 pm @dunya it was in fact crossover, where Jack was mafia.
Spoiler: show
colonialbob wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:29 pm Voting Jack for aforementioned reasons, plus he's responded to lots of other folks but not my posts about him. Avoiding the subject?

Dizzy, I've got to run, but I'll come back to address your post about me.
Sorry. I was too busy catching opposing baddies LC, Epi, Dizzy and Silver to deal with you. :p
I was Indy.
This may have come up before but I use words like "scum" and "baddie" to refer to any role that needs to prevent the town from winning in order to win.

Broadly speaking, a LMS or cult rolecard elicits different play style from a survivor or side chooser. The former will more or less want mislynched or opposing scum lynches, same as mafia. The later will fence sit or blend and then try to help their chosen team or pursue an unrelated win condition. (Endgame survivors are baddies if they are good at Gane theory and not emotionally invested in winning with the town but that's a rant for another time.)

Epi could raise his hand and say he wasn't a baddie when I initially went after him but you always were in my book.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Epignosis wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:35 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:31 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:27 pm To Jack:

My work browser is now blocking the full editor page.

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... f=28&t=726

I think that was it.
Thanks. Two years.

I don't think I've ever been lynched on Day 1. I've seen it happen or almost to Doc and Sprityo several times and I've only been here a year.

I think your conclusion that Day 1 lynches are a crapshoot and anyone can be lynched on Day 1 is incorrect. I stand by my statement that you would be a difficult mislynch target and that this causes your LC accusation to not feel genuine.
Oh ffs.
Epignosis wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:26 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:34 pm
I told you I wasn't going to explain things to you that you already know.
You have a terrible habit of assuming your interpretation of a sentence or phrase is gospel.

Anyone is an easy lynch Day 1. That's because many people take the mindset that Day 1 is a crapshoot, and that the real utility of Day 1 is the acquisition of information. Any lynch will provide that.

You are taking my "easy lynch" comment to mean that I am referring to Epignosis being a an easy lynch, which is your mistake. If Day 1 is a guessing game, then lazily piling up votes on me is an easy thing to do. Saying I meant that I am an easy lynch in general is your mistake. When people pile up votes on anyone for stupid reasons (or no reason at all), it makes for a quick and easy lynch. Anybody could be that.
I did not develop the conclusion that Days 1 are crapshoots. :disappoint:
:ponder:

Okay so...why did you think LC was bad then?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

That's [mention]Epignosis[/mention]
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[mention]colonialbob[/mention]

While I ISO is both in ME to try to determine if ignoring people is an actually scumtell for me (I tend to think not but it's important to know yourself), let's go over another scumtell of mine that you observed in that game that I had forgotten about.

Granted, this tends to happen later in the game and occasionally happens when I am good but let's discuss anyway.

Do you think I am conducting?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

*us both in ME
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:41 pm
Okay so...why did you think LC was bad then?
I didn't really- other than harboring a suspicion that was rooted in my view that only someone evil could propose the nonsense he proposed about me.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Lol
MEBob wrote:Jack's wall o' meta is fairly typical, but I read him as slightly scummy. Feel like he's trying to steer too much in a game where there are plenty of other good players.
MEBob wrote:Jack feels like he's steering people's perception of unfamiliar players. By inserting himself as knowledgeable about all the players, he gets to spin their actions. It's not necessarily scummy, but it's absolutely something I'd expect him to do as scum.
MEBob wrote:Voting Jack for aforementioned reasons, plus he's responded to lots of other folks but not my posts about him. Avoiding the subject?
MEJack wrote:Yes, I'm avoiding the subject. You sound like paranoid version Silver/Nifty/Skullbro/Grinner. Everything Jack does is an evil plan. Not worth discussing.
I reject this as a tell.

What about cozying?

Show me your heart.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:24 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:05 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:06 pm
JaggedJimmyJay - EGH
JJJ is never scum.
No, but really, I don't know what he'd be like as scum. If he's leading, and leading well, mafia will probably kill him and take care of things for us. If they start killing other leaders and JJJ takes control of the game, wipe him.
This is gross. All it is is an invitation for JJJ-less mafia to burn a lynch. Gross.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What is your read on JJJ?
I don't understand the proliferation of rolled eyes. Your comment is nothing more than a universal notion that JJJ must always be Night killed or lynched late in the game, which is a clever reason to keep him alive when you are bad. :feb:

I hold mild suspicion of him, as I always do.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[mention]Epignosis[/mention]

What do you think of Bob and Dunya?

If you haven't already read Speed, what do you think of him?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:03 pm @Epignosis

What do you think of Bob and Dunya?

If you haven't already read Speed, what do you think of him?
I have no opinion of colonialbob.

I do not find Dunya's contributions to be manufactured. There was one thing she said that I felt otherwise about, but someone else asked about it and she clarified and all was right again.

I do not believe speedchuck is bad.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 497

Post by speedchuck »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:59 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:24 pm
JaggedJimmyJay - EGH
JJJ is never scum.
No, but really, I don't know what he'd be like as scum. If he's leading, and leading well, mafia will probably kill him and take care of things for us. If they start killing other leaders and JJJ takes control of the game, wipe him.
This is gross. All it is is an invitation for JJJ-less mafia to burn a lynch. Gross.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What is your read on JJJ?
I don't understand the proliferation of rolled eyes. Your comment is nothing more than a universal notion that JJJ must always be Night killed or lynched late in the game, which is a clever reason to keep him alive when you are bad. :feb:

I hold mild suspicion of him, as I always do.
My point of the rolled eyes is that this is not a literal game plan for town to follow. Mafia is an unpredictable game that messes up all townie planning attempts. Besides, if I had an idea for an important plan that town needed to follow, I'd highlight it and throw it out front instead of hiding it in a readlist.

My main point was that I'm not dealing with JJJ right now. If he's alive later I can deal with it then. Mild suspicion that probably won't get cleared up any time soon.

You can get onto me for overstating things, bad communication, or just for not providing a JJJ read. That's all fine. Whatev. But I'm not literally suggesting that we arbitrarily lynch some towny guy just because mafia hasn't killed him for us on day 7 or 8. That would be stupid.

linki: :p
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:47 pm @colonialbob

While I ISO is both in ME to try to determine if ignoring people is an actually scumtell for me (I tend to think not but it's important to know yourself), let's go over another scumtell of mine that you observed in that game that I had forgotten about.

Granted, this tends to happen later in the game and occasionally happens when I am good but let's discuss anyway.

Do you think I am conducting?
Certainly not to the same degree as ME, which was obviously a unique situation in which you were basically the only player who knew both groups fairly well. So no, i wouldn't say you've been conducting. But I'd also say in a game with Epi, LC, and Sloonei (plus JJJ once he replaced in), you're probably not going to try that as scum (or your town version of it).

And it's not ignoring people per se, it's ignoring the inconvenient questions while responding to everything else. Which isn't a unique tell to you, it's more of a general tell.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:58 pm Lol
MEBob wrote:Jack's wall o' meta is fairly typical, but I read him as slightly scummy. Feel like he's trying to steer too much in a game where there are plenty of other good players.
MEBob wrote:Jack feels like he's steering people's perception of unfamiliar players. By inserting himself as knowledgeable about all the players, he gets to spin their actions. It's not necessarily scummy, but it's absolutely something I'd expect him to do as scum.
MEBob wrote:Voting Jack for aforementioned reasons, plus he's responded to lots of other folks but not my posts about him. Avoiding the subject?
MEJack wrote:Yes, I'm avoiding the subject. You sound like paranoid version Silver/Nifty/Skullbro/Grinner. Everything Jack does is an evil plan. Not worth discussing.
I reject this as a tell.

@colonialbob

What about cozying?

Show me your heart.

Reject all you like, I still caught you bruv. :keys:

What about cozying?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by Epignosis »

Two failed kills.
Epignosis wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:27 am Nobody wants to discuss why it's Day 2 and everybody is still alive? Okay.

Possibility #1: Aconcagua was targeted with the kill.

Possibility #2: Chimborazo was targeted with the kill and borrowed Aconcagua ability that same night.

Possibility #3: Kilimanjaro was targeted with the kill and activated its ability that same night (which I hope isn't the case).

Possibility #4: Mont Blanc did the Tube Snake Boogie and one of the above also happened.

Possibility #5: Matterhorn ???

Possibility #6: Olympus Mons ???

Possibility #7: Wrekin, England is the only member of the team able to submit a kill, and he was asleep at the hill.
If two kills were indeed attempted, two different instances of possibilities one through six must have transpired.

If #7 is the correct answer, and the kill is transferred to someone else on the team upon Wrekin's death, then we could keep the inactives alive to relieve the mafia of their kill until they are replaced and a kill comes in. :feb:
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 781
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

"insertnameher"

*votes Marmot*
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

I'm kind of lost as to who to vote for today. Dunya's scum-team-size error seemed genuine and nearly clears her in my mind. Speedchuck looks pretty town to me, as does colonialbob, but if something really strong comes up against one of them I could be convinced. I could also be convinced to vote for JJJ. Something feels... not quite right about him. My top suspect is honestly probably still Quin, but nobody seems to agree with me there so a vote on him would probably be a waste today unless anyone else decides to see what I see. I suppose I could vote for Mesk.

linki Epi that is good thinking.... though it would be unusual for the scum kill to be dependent on a single role to send in the pm. usually other team members are allowed to send team actions (I think I have seen it the former way before, but not for a looooong time)
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:26 pm Two failed kills.
Epignosis wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:27 am Nobody wants to discuss why it's Day 2 and everybody is still alive? Okay.

Possibility #2: Chimborazo was targeted with the kill and borrowed Aconcagua ability that same night.

Possibility #3: Kilimanjaro was targeted with the kill and activated its ability that same night (which I hope isn't the case).

Possibility #4: Mont Blanc did the Tube Snake Boogie and one of the above also happened.

Possibility #7: Wrekin, England is the only member of the team able to submit a kill, and he was asleep at the hill.
If two kills were indeed attempted, two different instances of possibilities one through six must have transpired.

If #7 is the correct answer, and the kill is transferred to someone else on the team upon Wrekin's death, then we could keep the inactives alive to relieve the mafia of their kill until they are replaced and a kill comes in. :feb:
I hadn't considered that the killing role would be the only one capable of sending in the kill, if that's the case then it's possible that only that roles player is asleep at the wheel while the rest of the mafia is suffering from their jnactiveness?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

nutella wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:29 pm linki Epi that is good thinking.... though it would be unusual for the scum kill to be dependent on a single role to send in the pm. usually other team members are allowed to send team actions (I think I have seen it the former way before, but not for a looooong time)
Yeah I hope that this isn't the case, honestly. Mafia teams should be able to plan and execute even if one of their members is gone for 24 hours or more.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 320
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I do recall that DFaraday was my scum team's killer in Flash Mafia, and he was locked up since Phase 1. It was a difficult game, being a scum team without a kill, or starting BTSC/knowledge of our scum team. But we pulled it off!
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

nutella wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:29 pm I'm kind of lost as to who to vote for today. Dunya's scum-team-size error seemed genuine and nearly clears her in my mind.
I don't necessarily agree with that as perfect evidence even if it's genuine. I think it's easy to forget how big the mafia is sometimes if you're on it, especially if there's any number of low participation players who wouldn't necessarily check into btsc frequently.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Mountain Mafia [NIGHT 1]

Post by Epignosis »

Marmot wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:53 pm
YET ANOTHER IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

insertnamehere has replaced Glorfindel.
INH replaced in with time to submit a kill for Night 1.

Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:53 pm

insertnamehere posted elsewhere at 11:36pm EST this same evening.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 798

Post by dunya »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:31 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:26 pm Two failed kills.

I hadn't considered that the killing role would be the only one capable of sending in the kill, if that's the case then it's possible that only that roles player is asleep at the wheel while the rest of the mafia is suffering from their jnactiveness?
I would think in that case, Marmot would have replaced me in with the scum team. I don't think he'd create such a bad condition for the scum as to intentionally leave the leader of the kills unreplaced if he was an inactive. So I'm going to rule that out.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

also, assuming Wrekin is lynched--does that mean scum team can't kill? Seems very extreme, but no clause on who would replace Wrekin in case of death exists in the OP so...
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I don't have time to dig into everything that's gone on today, but I'm starting to lean toward lynching jack instead of bob.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention] would you kindly explain to me the possibilities wherein Jack is not a specific confirmed civ role? or point me to what pages the discussion happened on? I kind of glazed over a lot of night 2
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by Kylemii »

Marmot wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:35 pm
Game Summary
Day 0 - Game begins
Day 1 - No one is lynched
Night 1 - No one died
Day 2 - No one is lynched
Night 2 - No one died
still the best post
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:11 pm @Sloonei would you kindly explain to me the possibilities wherein Jack is not a specific confirmed civ role? or point me to what pages the discussion happened on? I kind of glazed over a lot of night 2
what do you mean? When was Jack a specific confirmed civ role?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

all this talk and Jack still hasn't told me why he's placed a vote on me?
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 206

Post by Elohcin »

JaggedJimmyJay - EGH
JJJ is never scum.
Yeah, shoot. Mafia ain't gonna take him out now. They know if they don't, you eventually will! I don't think this was a wise posy to make if you are civ, chuck.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:11 pm @Sloonei would you kindly explain to me the possibilities wherein Jack is not a specific confirmed civ role? or point me to what pages the discussion happened on? I kind of glazed over a lot of night 2
I have no evidence to suggest that he is a specific confirmed role, so why should I have to argue against such a proposition?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

dunya wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:13 pm
what do you mean? When was Jack a specific confirmed civ role?
day two ended with Jack and Sloonei having an apparent tie, no one was lynched, jack implied beforehand that he would survive using certain terms like 'well I see you tried to lynch me, I guess I better go back and see why' before we knew that the result was a no lynch.

The only know survival roles are civ or possibly indie, so I assumed that lynch confirmed Jack as one of them, but the fact that so many people still suspect jack leads me to the conclusion that I am an idiot and I missed something important at some point
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:16 pm
I have no evidence to suggest that he is a specific confirmed role, so why should I have to argue against such a proposition?
no need to take such a defensive stance I'm literally just trying to get on the same page as everyone else
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

in a role madness game, there could be numerous reasons. Let me check back on day 2 lynch. I havent gone over that part of the thread yet tbh
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:20 pm
no need to take such a defensive stance I'm literally just trying to get on the same page as everyone else
This was not meant to come across defensively. I do not have any reason to believe that Jack has any specific role or ability in this game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:21 pm
This was not meant to come across defensively. I do not have any reason to believe that Jack has any specific role or ability in this game.
what do you believe happened day 2 eod with the tie?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

dunya wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:21 pm in a role madness game, there could be numerous reasons. Let me check back on day 2 lynch. I havent gone over that part of the thread yet tbh
The poll for most of Day 2 was a tie between Jack and I. There was a late counterwagon on sprityo (you) which didn't gain enough traction to push either of us out of the way and the tie between the two of us was never broken. I feel like this is important context in reading the events of that day.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

dunya wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:24 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:21 pm
what do you believe happened day 2 eod with the tie?
No one was lynched.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Spacedaisy »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:59 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:17 pm if someone explains the jack thing to me then I will be eternally grateful
@Spacedaisy ?
I can't speak for everyone else, I can only speak for me. I find it highly unlikely it was town/town when the lynch was Sloonei/Jack. One of them is most likely bad imo and I am leaning Jack. They both said things that seem to indicate they knew there was more there than meets the eye. I believe Nutella is civ and who I think she is after the Day1 non-lynch. So that leaves me with questions about what Jack said before the lynch non-flip. Then you add in his defense of LC's arguments against Epi Day1 and I just feel like he is most likely bad. The arguments are ridiculous and I feel like they keep trying to paint Epi as bad when in fact I think they are the ones twisting what Epi was actually saying. That's just me talking about where I am coming from, I don't know everyone else's case against him.
Long Con wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:10 pm If Jack is bad, then he has slipped twice.
Not necessarily. You can be bad and get caught out for stuff that isn't actually a slip or scumtell. It's annoying as hell, but it happens, probably frequently. Pure dumb luck.

linki Kyle: Sloonei said stuff much more blatantly, and before Jack did. So technically they both made that kind of claim. Jack seemed to imply he knew vote shenanigans were at work for him to have not been lynched. Sloonei just implied it would be a waste of time to lynch him, period. So Sloonei's claim seems more believable to me. In order to believe Jack's claim, I would need to believe either Nutella is not who I think she is, and judging by her behavior I don't think this is the case, or that he is the role that borrows power from a mountain taller than itself and used it to double his vote value. This last one is possible. I just have trouble buying it when I consider the whole picture of Jack.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by colonialbob »

Marmot wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:34 am
Kylemii wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:49 pm (so actually no one is on mountain time)
Dang, you caught me in a lie,
nutella wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:08 am Marmot any chance you can tell us how ties are handled?
In the event of a tie on Day 1, no one is lynched.

In the event of a tie on any other day, one of the tied players will randomly be chosen and cast into the abyss (lynched).
[mention]Sloonei[/mention]
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Elohcin wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:15 pm
JaggedJimmyJay - EGH
JJJ is never scum.
Yeah, shoot. Mafia ain't gonna take him out now. They know if they don't, you eventually will! I don't think this was a wise posy to make if you are civ, chuck.
Idunno. If JJJ is Civ, he's good value and scum won't kill him now. I'm protecting him. :nicenod:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Spacedaisy wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:29 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:59 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:17 pm if someone explains the jack thing to me then I will be eternally grateful
@Spacedaisy ?
I can't speak for everyone else, I can only speak for me. I find it highly unlikely it was town/town when the lynch was Sloonei/Jack. One of them is most likely bad imo and I am leaning Jack. They both said things that seem to indicate they knew there was more there than meets the eye. I believe Nutella is civ and who I think she is after the Day1 non-lynch. So that leaves me with questions about what Jack said before the lynch non-flip. Then you add in his defense of LC's arguments against Epi Day1 and I just feel like he is most likely bad. The arguments are ridiculous and I feel like they keep trying to paint Epi as bad when in fact I think they are the ones twisting what Epi was actually saying. That's just me talking about where I am coming from, I don't know everyone else's case against him.
Long Con wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:10 pm If Jack is bad, then he has slipped twice.
Not necessarily. You can be bad and get caught out for stuff that isn't actually a slip or scumtell. It's annoying as hell, but it happens, probably frequently. Pure dumb luck.

linki Kyle: Sloonei said stuff much more blatantly, and before Jack did. So technically they both made that kind of claim. Jack seemed to imply he knew vote shenanigans were at work for him to have not been lynched. Sloonei just implied it would be a waste of time to lynch him, period. So Sloonei's claim seems more believable to me. In order to believe Jack's claim, I would need to believe either Nutella is not who I think she is, and judging by her behavior I don't think this is the case, or that he is the role that borrows power from a mountain taller than itself and used it to double his vote value. This last one is possible. I just have trouble buying it when I consider the whole picture of Jack.
Huh. Thank you. I didn't notice that about Sloonei.

So is the idea that Jack was bluffing?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

bluffing and got lucky?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:09 am Ugh. This night. Now to go see why I was almost lynched.
Jack made this post in the time between the poll closing and Marmot's host post. The poll was tied between the two of us.
Sutter Buttes has the ability to decrease a player's vote total by 1 on a given day. I believe this notion was entertained as a possible scum slip by some in the immediate aftermath of the day. I don't think it would be too outrageous to consider. I'd like to ask Jack why he thought he was "almost lynched" instead of just plain lynched in that moment.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

colonialbob wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:30 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:49 pm (so actually no one is on mountain time)
nutella wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:08 am Marmot any chance you can tell us how ties are handled?

In the event of a tie on any other day, one of the tied players will randomly be chosen and cast into the abyss (lynched).
@Sloonei
Yes?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

@Sloonei
that's what I was getting it. It wasn't a tie, since no one was lynched.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I don't think so.

Thought you thought me cozying was a scum tell. How's that working out?
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Spacedaisy »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:34 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:09 am Ugh. This night. Now to go see why I was almost lynched.
Jack made this post in the time between the poll closing and Marmot's host post. The poll was tied between the two of us.
Sutter Buttes has the ability to decrease a player's vote total by 1 on a given day. I believe this notion was entertained as a possible scum slip by some in the immediate aftermath of the day. I don't think it would be too outrageous to consider. I'd like to ask Jack why he thought he was "almost lynched" instead of just plain lynched in that moment.
^ This
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:35 pm

Sloonei
Yes?
I wasn't sure if your "no one was lynched" comment referred to a tie leading to nobody being lynched (per the D1 rules) or just that nobody ended up dying from the lynch (i.e. you were just stating the obvious). So I wanted to repost this in case you or others (dunya for example) hadn't seen it.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Also I still have to understand how no one was lynched if it wasn't a tie. Assuming Everest voted.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”