Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 3]

Post by Quin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:32 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:31 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:30 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:26 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:21 pm @Quin

Your thoughts on Dunya?
I haven't been in the thread enough to update my GTH for dunyo. Or to do ISO's. Yet again, I'm doing none of the things I said I was going to do. :smile:

I ran through her posts quickly to answer this. She's been here less than a phase and has four pages. I'm leaning town on that alone.
I think you should read her content.
What's your take on her content?
It's fake.
Got any specific examples for me?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 489
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

[mention]Quin[/mention]
Here's one.

I'll be back with more after the kids are in bed.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:58 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:31 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:18 pm I'd ask someone to explain the Jay/Jack case if I didn't think it was a joke.
nope, not a joke. seems like early distancing to me. Why did you specifically choose to defend sig out of the blue on that particular point? You didn't even play Pirates from the start to be entirely aware of sig's presence in that game. Had that comment came from Kyle, maybe I would have bought it. As someone who replaced at the end of the game, it seemed very out of character and random.
I'm not feeling any of your reads cause they all feel made up. I'm distancing from Jimmy after townreading him literally all game? And he's the only one town reading me not based on massive mechanical assumptions?

Like I said. This is a joke.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 798

Post by dunya »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:32 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:31 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:30 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:26 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:21 pm @Quin

Your thoughts on Dunya?
I haven't been in the thread enough to update my GTH for dunyo. Or to do ISO's. Yet again, I'm doing none of the things I said I was going to do. :smile:

I ran through her posts quickly to answer this. She's been here less than a phase and has four pages. I'm leaning town on that alone.
I think you should read her content.
What's your take on her content?
It's fake.
:keys: :ohyeah: :slick: :meany:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 497

Post by speedchuck »

[mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention] Whatchoo think of Eloh?
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 464

Post by Quin »

Why did Jack's defence of sig stand out to you, dunya?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Volume of posts upon replacement is an easy way for scum to hide, as anyone in Pirates should know.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:00 pm Also, I read every word of Pirates, thanks.
I wasn't questioning you didn't. I was questioning how connected you were to sig's time-frame of posting and online habits during the majority of the game as it was being played out.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 781
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:28 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:22 pm I'm also asking why you have Sloonei as a town read, when any of the role permutations of that event where both of you are town are fairly unlikely.
How do you figure?

If either of us is the lynch stopper (fairly likely given there should have been a lynch yesterday), why would that player think anything of the other's role? Whoever didn't stop the lynch would have more reason to assume the other was town.

I don't know what you're talking about.
both of you implied survival roles or lynch manipulation or something of the kind. the permutations for that event taking place are limited and some of them include a mafia role, that's something you should be concerned about, don't you think?
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:29 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:28 pm It doesn't matter what I ask, Jack. You don't respond to anything.
Bullshit. I've linked back to my answers to you.

If you think I'm bad, then vote for me.
you're avoiding discussing questions right now as we speak. I'm not asking you to roleclaim, I'm asking you to help explore probability.

You don't seem interested in doing that. I'm tired.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

shit guys there's a button that takes you directly from somebodys quote to the original post
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:58 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:31 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:18 pm I'd ask someone to explain the Jay/Jack case if I didn't think it was a joke.
nope, not a joke. seems like early distancing to me. Why did you specifically choose to defend sig out of the blue on that particular point? You didn't even play Pirates from the start to be entirely aware of sig's presence in that game. Had that comment came from Kyle, maybe I would have bought it. As someone who replaced at the end of the game, it seemed very out of character and random.
I'm not feeling any of your reads cause they all feel made up. I'm distancing from Jimmy after townreading him literally all game? And he's the only one town reading me not based on massive mechanical assumptions?

Like I said. This is a joke.
yes it's called possible early distancing. You give a little you take a little. I'm not saying you're out here to scumread him. I'm sure you're familiar with the concept, so I'm not going to elaborate. We're here to make scenarios and possibilities. That's all but one possibility.

Your case against me: "she's fake. I don't agree with all her reads"

That's just kinda bullshit, sorry man, especially if you're town, but your last day efforts have been pretty poorly constructed and I've given you several chances to build a case against ANYONE and you couldn't. except me. because you don't agree with a single one of my reads (I don't know how that's possible since we at least both agree LC is town....)
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Spacedaisy »

Oh my word, in this back and forth with Kyle I am feeling like Jack's tone is very sincere... this is why this extended Day 1 situation is bad for me, the more stuff thrown at me the more indecisive I feel... I'll re-evaluate when I get home later tonight. I may change my vote.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Re: Mountain Mafia [NIGHT 1]

Post by Quin »

dunya wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:52 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:32 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:21 am Oh!

Re: Jimmy attacking Sig

Not fair to compare early pirates Sig to late pirates Sig and then contrast early pirates Sig with Sig here cause he got real busy irl. I want to hear more from Sig and won't give him a pass all game but still. Not a fair comparison imo.
Jack really stuck his neck out for sig here. I have a hard time envisioning a scum player going so far out of their way to offer such a glaring defense of a partner (unless it's for WIFOM points), but I also can't shake the feeling of there being something unnatural to this defense by Jack.
does it read as a scum defending a townie?
does it read as a possible jack/jay pairing?

It was a a very mild slap on the hand from Jack to Jay. It does feel out of place for Jack, and why he chose only sig to defend----he wanted a mild case build so when people iso jack/jay to have some content to defend himself with, perhaps, but nothing too dramatic to cause Jay any unwanted attention?
found the sig defence. just quoting so i know where it is
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

The issue I'm running into is that at this point I suspect both dunya and jack, but they can't both be bad, dunya is voting for Jack, Jack is being irregularly difficult at all times.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Spacedaisy wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:44 pm Oh my word, in this back and forth with Kyle I am feeling like Jack's tone is very sincere... this is why this extended Day 1 situation is bad for me, the more stuff thrown at me the more indecisive I feel... I'll re-evaluate when I get home later tonight. I may change my vote.
I like Kyle less and Jack more in reading this argument.
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Spacedaisy »

I agree with that assessment of this back and forth Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:38 pm Jackofhearts2005 Whatchoo think of Eloh?
Town.

I think she's trying to the extent that town Eloh tries. Some of her posts felt really real.

I'm slightly interested in Quin's full case on her but doubt I'll follow.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 396

Re: Mountain Mafia [NIGHT 1]

Post by Epignosis »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:14 pm
Elohcin wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:07 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:43 pm
Marmot wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:53 pm
YET ANOTHER IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

insertnamehere has replaced Glorfindel.
INH replaced in with time to submit a kill for Night 1.

Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:53 pm

insertnamehere posted elsewhere at 11:36pm EST this same evening.
And dunya said that she thinks there is more of a team kill rather than a specific role that can send in the kill because if it were a specific role then marmot would have replaced her there.

So if only the killer mafia role is allowed to send in a kill, then I think it has to velong toneither INH or dunya. Most likely INH since he replaced in first. @Marmot can the team send in the kill as a group pm? (Hey... doesn't hurt to ask, right?)
:ponder: I don't think the mafia team failed to kill. I think protections happened. I think this is barking up the wrong tree. I don't like speculating based on replacements, as we're basically basing our reads on how well Marmot is handling his game. I know it's hard to ignore, but I would assume that Marmot has handled the game in a way that didn't completely screw over the mafia team, since anything else is unfalsifiable, unconfirmable, and slightly disrespectful.
I agree with speedchuck regarding all points. My look into when INH subbed in was only to see if he would have been eligible to send in a kill. He was. That doesn't tell me much.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I don't see where's Jay's case against sig is.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:17 pm I'm thinking through the possibilities where both Sloonei and Jack could be telling the truth

1. Jack is chimbarazoa and stole Everest. Easy enough. But still incredibly uncertain. Not certain enough to walk in and say you were almost lynched because even if his vote for sprityo was +1, that still would have made a 3 way tie, ignoring all other manip that Jack wouldn't be aware of. Not enough to be confident of survival

2. Sloonei and Jack take up both the roles of Aconcagua and Pico Cristóbal. This depends on whether Aconcagua'a survival of attempts on life refer to nightkilled only or lynches too so.... @Marmot hit us up with that sweet sweet beautiful knowledge

3. one of Sloonei or Jack Chimborazoaed Aconcagua, Pico Cristóbal cannot be Chimborazoaed cus Picó Cristobal is too short. this seems unlikely as it would take some wild early-game guesswork.
This is why I believe Sloonei stopped the lynch. He called it a waste of time. Jack said he was "almost lynched."
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Lol the unnatural thing about my Sig defense is probably a cross between me being a meanie head and also me always scumreading Sog when he actually posts.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dunya setting up the mislynch.

Like it's not common knowledge I'm working extreme hours yet have more posts than anyone this game. Like I'm done at 5 pm.

The intention is to say "Smh. I have Jack a chance but I guess he was a bad townie."

Why would she say these things if she was town and thought I was bad? You don't encourage scum to redirect lynches.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Quin wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:50 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:44 pm Oh my word, in this back and forth with Kyle I am feeling like Jack's tone is very sincere... this is why this extended Day 1 situation is bad for me, the more stuff thrown at me the more indecisive I feel... I'll re-evaluate when I get home later tonight. I may change my vote.
I like Kyle less and Jack more in reading this argument.
I think my issue with Jack is at least somewhat based in the way he chooses to communicate with others in the thread. This is twice now in this game that I've argued with him over his general unwillingness to cooperate. I'm going to go eat dinner and relax for a little while before exploring things again.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

* gave Jack a chance
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:53 pm (I swear I'm a nicer person irl)
As much as he pisses me off, I can't get mad at Jack. I get it. :noble:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:43 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:28 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:22 pm I'm also asking why you have Sloonei as a town read, when any of the role permutations of that event where both of you are town are fairly unlikely.
How do you figure?

If either of us is the lynch stopper (fairly likely given there should have been a lynch yesterday), why would that player think anything of the other's role? Whoever didn't stop the lynch would have more reason to assume the other was town.

I don't know what you're talking about.
both of you implied survival roles or lynch manipulation or something of the kind. the permutations for that event taking place are limited and some of them include a mafia role, that's something you should be concerned about, don't you think?
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:29 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:28 pm It doesn't matter what I ask, Jack. You don't respond to anything.
Bullshit. I've linked back to my answers to you.

If you think I'm bad, then vote for me.
you're avoiding discussing questions right now as we speak. I'm not asking you to roleclaim, I'm asking you to help explore probability.

You don't seem interested in doing that. I'm tired.
Sutter Buttes can't account for the lack of death on Day 2, and there are more town or indy roles that could involve some sort of lynch/survival manipulation than mafia. Statistically, if they both did something yesterday, it's "fairly unlikely" that one of them is bad.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by Epignosis »

dunya wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:58 pm
Elohcin wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:14 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:32 am
Elohcin wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:39 am I don't like this Epi lynch. Feels like there's a bunch of scum surrounding him like vultures waiting to see if they can lynch him or not. Lots of people "kind of" wanting to vote for him.
I agree with this.

Posting but still catching up.
What does Elohcin thinks about the people "kind of" wanting to vote for him? Maybe she's answered this. if not, I'd like one.

*ebwop
So. I was just agreeing to the part that I didn't like this Epi lynch. It felt like stupid reasons for a suspension of him and those that agreed with it could be bad and trying to reach for something that others might grab onto.

I think its funny how it seems to have all just gone away and LC is in agreement with Epi on a dom lynch.

I kind of agree with epi on voting a low poster. Other than my suspicion of LC and my slight suspicion of nutella (half the time her posts crack me up and half the time I'm hinking wtf), I do think that the high posters seem to be civ and genuinely trying to help.

Still reading....
Very suspicious post. Way too agreeable throughout. She did defend Epi a lot, he is her husband irl you have to remember and we have a sore spot for our lovers (except me, I am heartless), but apart from that...what has Eloh contributed?????????????

Where has she been outspoken and actually formed any leads and suspects of her own??

I don't think I've ever played with her before, but she just seems to be sidelining this game (apart from the Epi defending).
Dunya, meet Eloh. Eloh, Dunya.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

dunya wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:14 pm As a strong town read for me, and as Eloh's husband, I'm very curious what your read on her is as of this second. Please share.
I have no compelling reason to view her as bad or good.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

dunya wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:33 pm Had that comment come from Kyle*

I need to pay attention to my irregular verbs.
Why? Nobody else in America do. :disappoint:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:34 pm
Hi dunya. Meet Eloh, sideline girl.
Holy shit. Are we married or are we married? :faint:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:36 pm And I doubt epi will give you his opinion of me. He stopped doing that games ago as people took it like gospel truth and pinned me inall sorts of nonsensical ways. But if he does...it will be a bit later as he is playing sports atm. hahahahaha!!! Playing sports.
The joke is I don't actually play sports, you see.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:40 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:12 pm
Elohcin wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:15 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:05 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:06 pm
JaggedJimmyJay - EGH
JJJ is never scum.
No, but really, I don't know what he'd be like as scum. If he's leading, and leading well, mafia will probably kill him and take care of things for us. If they start killing other leaders and JJJ takes control of the game, wipe him.
This is gross. All it is is an invitation for JJJ-less mafia to burn a lynch. Gross.
Yeah, shoot. Mafia ain't gonna take him out now. They know if they don't, you eventually will! I don't think this was a wise posy to make if you are civ, chuck.
I leave 3J alive all the time when I'm bad. :noble:
Well now if 3J survives we gotta lynch Epi. Logic is logic. :keys:
3J survives because he can't be killed.

Epignosis survives because he can't be lynched.

That's what's trending.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Quin wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:07 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:05 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:03 pm @speedchuck, not that it makes a huge difference, but I am actually a "she". Going through your post now.
:fist: I knew that. I say it under your avatar and made note of it. And then it completely slipped past me.

@Quin That's an interesting vote on a player I have trouble reading most of the time. Can I get a summary of why?
I've had success reading her in the past. This doesn't feel like good Eloh.

I don't think she's following through on her cases in the way a civilian would. She'll say that something is suspicious and that'll be the end of it, like she's rejecting any attempt to change her mind. She's done that with me and LC in this game.

I don't believe in her rainbow list because I don't see how Lasagne could be one of anybody's top town reads. She mentioned genuinity in her posts, with Lasagne only having one, maybe two posts of workable content. The rest is, as I said before, mainly "I'm here!" posts.
Assuming that's Mesk you are talking about, I will believe Mesk is civilian before I believe 50% of the rest of the crowd is, including you.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:19 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:17 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:13 pm The problem is I don't think answering the questions requires roleclaiming or even going towards that line if he does the work and explores all aspects of the event equally.
If I think Sprityo really got lynched, I'd only think so if I was Everest. So yes or no am I Everest?

Why did I say I was almost lynched? Was it because I stopped the lynch, have an extra vote or just forgot ties would result in no lynch on Day One only?

You are asking me to roleclaim. I'm not going to.
I'm not asking you to roleclaiming I'm asking you to explain the discrepancies in your actions and your supposed stance on roleclaiming. I'm also asking you to please stop avoiding questions.
Regardless of his alignment, I respect a guy who takes a principled stance and refuses to answer a question in good conscience.

So I'll take this stance:

I'm not voting for Jack today. Four mafia out there. Jack may well be one, but I'm not voting for him today. Maybe tomorrow if the fancy strikes. I don't believe anybody will believe we're teammates even if he is bad, so I don't even care on that front.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

In fact, I think a Jack lynch is a trap anyway. He was tied with Sloonei. So what? Why is the apparent fact of a tie noteworthy? In a tie, somebody was going to get lynched regardless. There was no lynch. If vote manipulations were his only method of survival, Jack only needed to vote Sloonei and nothing would have been said on the matter had Sloonei been lynched. There was literally no risk in that avenue. Any other avenue bought him undue risk.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Neither Jack nor Sloonei voted for the other
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 1]

[mention]Quin[/mention]
Claims I'm grasping at straws to....what? Ever so slightly make one of my townreads look worse while I also defend Daisy from the original accusation? Fake.
dunya wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:06 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:09 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:01 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:07 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:08 am Put a vote on Spacedaisy. Do we believe her guilt to be coming from a place of empathy for game hosts everywhere, or from her role card?
I think the Spacedaisy guilt line of questioning is weak. I hate "I'm not that bad at being bad" defenses but if you can rephrase to "most players are not that bad at being bad," it is an acceptable counterattack.

Didn't come across that way, though. Still don't think Daisy gets guilty over being scum.
I don't. I kind of enjoy being scum. And I'm trying to overtake Epi still for top FEB, though lately I have suffered a setback because I haven't been rolling scum. And this game won't offer me the opportunity either. I'm not scum. I'm a big mountain.

Also I'm sorry you hate that defense, but it was really less of a defense and more annoyance that Sloonei could possibly think I'd be that bad at playing scum.
I would never do ab&c as scum and therefore the best time to do ab&c would be as scum to fool people.

Also, people get lazy.

Ergo "I am not that bad at being bad" or "I wouldn't say that if I was bad" arguement a tend to be super unconvincing to me.

I hate unconvincing arguements. That's where the hate is coming from.
this post bugs the hell out of me, it pinged me as a lurker and it still pings me now.

Daisy didn't really have an argument or a defense: Sloonei questioned her authenticity based on "hi guys, i'm busy, sorry, will check in later!!!"

I mean, I'm on the fence re: Daisy, but if someone came at me like that there wouldn't be much context to defend would there? Do you want us to tell you we work 8-10 hours a day and received our roles at an unfortunate moment and feel bad about our past performances due to inactivity which may have resulted in a negative affect on the games we played as townies?

Unconvincing my arse, mister High Expectations. Seems like someone is really grasping at straws here.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:49 pm The issue I'm running into is that at this point I suspect both dunya and jack, but they can't both be bad, dunya is voting for Jack, Jack is being irregularly difficult at all times.
There are four mafia. Four.

You don't need to sit there and work out which one of Jack or Dunya is bad.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:01 pm Dunya setting up the mislynch.
Why did you use the word "mislynch?" Hmm? :ponder:
:D
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Epignosis wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:30 pm
The entire "mislynch" angle? Fake.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I mean, I had to detangle the mislynch post several times and in the end, Dunya threw up her hands and declared her original conclusion correct anyway.

Fake.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:31 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:30 pm
The entire "mislynch" angle? Fake.
Dunya said English isn't her first language.

I understood what you meant (even if you were mistaken about what I said), and I do not hold the use of the word against you. The word in context made perfect sense to me.

If you do get mislynched, by the way, I won't feel bad. :meany:
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 206

Post by Elohcin »

dunya wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:03 pm @speedchuck, not that it makes a huge difference, but I am actually a "she". Going through your post now.
:fist: I knew that. I say it under your avatar and made note of it. And then it completely slipped past me.

@Quin That's an interesting vote on a player I have trouble reading most of the time. Can I get a summary of why?

I don't think she's following through on her cases in the way a civilian would. She'll say that something is suspicious and that'll be the end of it, like she's rejecting any attempt to change her mind. She's done that with me and LC in this game.

I don't believe in her rainbow list because I jdon't see how Lasagne could be one of anybody's top town reads. She mentioned genuinity in her posts, with Lasagne only having one, maybe two posts of workable content. The rest is, as I said before, mainly "I'm here!" posts.
You're right that I have a lot of "I'm here" posts. Y'all talk so much a lot of the time and I'm constantly playing catch-up. I was here from like 6:15-7 and left for an hour and a half and now I'm a page and a half behind. I'm sorry I don't play to your standards. As for my reads... I disagree. I lay put how I feel without harping on it. I'm not going to be accused of tunneling ever again. I've also named several players I find suspicious and gave reasons. and...i participated in gth a bit even though it was after the fact. You need to re-read me dude.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:29 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:49 pm The issue I'm running into is that at this point I suspect both dunya and jack, but they can't both be bad, dunya is voting for Jack, Jack is being irregularly difficult at all times.
There are four mafia. Four.

You don't need to sit there and work out which one of Jack or Dunya is bad.
Yes I do. Mafia Dunya doesn't make sense with Mafia Jack.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Here are the first two misinterpretations of my post.
dunya wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:47 pm
dunya wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:41 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:39 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:53 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:59 am If Long Con is a civilian, then is most likely means he is genuine in his suspicion of me.
If his suspicion is genuine, then his accusation that I am being deliberate and calculating in my dealings thus far should be one that he can logically explain.
Already done, but you want more words?
In other words, if I know what I'm doing (i.e., being deliberate in "setting up a long game"), and Long Con is calling me out on that, then he should be able to explain how my actions in the thread so far will benefit my team and me down the road. What is the long game and how am I expecting it to play out?
Uh, you pick two Civs and buddy them so they trust you and don't lynch you. Long game benefit: survival, and more likely to lynch Civs along the way. You intimidate Sloonei out of coming after you. Benefit: One less Civ coming after you; survival; more likely to lynch a Civ along the way.
If he can't answer that, then his suspicion isn't genuine, and he's trying to get a quick and easy Day 1 lynch out of the way.
Let's get this quick and easy Day 1 lynch out of the way, folks!
Point LC.

Epi is perhaps the best dancer on the site. There is nothing "quick and easy" about trying to mislynch him on Day 1. This feels like trying to scare away votes, not a legit attempt to scumhunt, which is exactly what Epi is already accused of doing with Sloonei.

Combined with suspicious nonlynchcandidate declarations, I think this is worthy of a vote.

PS: What is my tell?
can someone explain this post, I don't really understand. Was Jack agreeing with LC or Epi? It seems very strangely worded. He uses "mislynch", when lynching Epi would be ---- lynching him --- until the mod revealed what his alliance was. If he was saying Epi is worthy of a vote, why would he call it a "mislynch"? Am I missing something? Maybe lost in translation?
I think re-reading Jack's post, I see he is defending Epi not giving a point to LC. Confusing.
I still take issue with "mislynch" being used even in this context. Feels very revealing.
Might as well say "Why are you talking about the mafia. Is it because you're IN THE MAFIA?!?"
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Elohcin wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:35 pm

I don't believe in her rainbow list because I jdon't see how Lasagne could be one of anybody's top town reads. She mentioned genuinity in her posts, with Lasagne only having one, maybe two posts of workable content. The rest is, as I said before, mainly "I'm here!" posts.
You're right that I have a lot of "I'm here" posts. Y'all talk so much a lot of the time and I'm constantly playing catch-up. I was here from like 6:15-7 and left for an hour and a half and now I'm a page and a half behind. I'm sorry I don't play to your standards. As for my reads... I disagree. I lay put how I feel without harping on it. I'm not going to be accused of tunneling ever again. I've also named several players I find suspicious and gave reasons. and...i participated in gth a bit even though it was after the fact. You need to re-read me dude.
I was talking about Lasagne :grin:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm voting Dom.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 206

Post by Elohcin »

I'd be up for a dunya lynch. I keep having this nagging voice in the back of my head that says, "She's bad, Tasha. B. A. D." But part of me feels bad because she does aeem to be really on top of things and very helpful, especially for a replacement.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 103
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Spacedaisy wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:44 pm A tie wouldn't result in a lynch any Day outside of Day 1. So someone survived a lynch. Either by vote shenanigans or by having a role that can either stop a lynch or survive it's first death. Speaking of @Marmot I still have not had an answer to my questions, not even to say you won't answer it. So I will ask again, I assume you being absent means you didn't see it.

1. How will lynch stops be written?
2. Does Anawhatsever (I think that's the role that survives it's first death attempt) survival apply to either lynch or NK or just NK?
1) Any case where no player dies from a lynch will appear the same. Any flavor added to a lynch
2) Any type of kill, including a lynch.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

First of all, it's 2.46am in my time zone. I wonder if Marmot could make EoD and EoN just even 2 hours earlier please. I think that wouldn't affect Americans, either and I can actually have a life.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:37 pm Here are the first two misinterpretations of my post.
dunya wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:47 pm
dunya wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:41 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:39 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:53 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:59 am If Long Con is a civilian, then is most likely means he is genuine in his suspicion of me.
If his suspicion is genuine, then his accusation that I am being deliberate and calculating in my dealings thus far should be one that he can logically explain.
Already done, but you want more words?
In other words, if I know what I'm doing (i.e., being deliberate in "setting up a long game"), and Long Con is calling me out on that, then he should be able to explain how my actions in the thread so far will benefit my team and me down the road. What is the long game and how am I expecting it to play out?
Uh, you pick two Civs and buddy them so they trust you and don't lynch you. Long game benefit: survival, and more likely to lynch Civs along the way. You intimidate Sloonei out of coming after you. Benefit: One less Civ coming after you; survival; more likely to lynch a Civ along the way.
If he can't answer that, then his suspicion isn't genuine, and he's trying to get a quick and easy Day 1 lynch out of the way.
Let's get this quick and easy Day 1 lynch out of the way, folks!
Point LC.

Epi is perhaps the best dancer on the site. There is nothing "quick and easy" about trying to mislynch him on Day 1. This feels like trying to scare away votes, not a legit attempt to scumhunt, which is exactly what Epi is already accused of doing with Sloonei.

Combined with suspicious nonlynchcandidate declarations, I think this is worthy of a vote.

PS: What is my tell?
can someone explain this post, I don't really understand. Was Jack agreeing with LC or Epi? It seems very strangely worded. He uses "mislynch", when lynching Epi would be ---- lynching him --- until the mod revealed what his alliance was. If he was saying Epi is worthy of a vote, why would he call it a "mislynch"? Am I missing something? Maybe lost in translation?
I think re-reading Jack's post, I see he is defending Epi not giving a point to LC. Confusing.
I still take issue with "mislynch" being used even in this context. Feels very revealing.
Might as well say "Why are you talking about the mafia. Is it because you're IN THE MAFIA?!?"
well that's just mean now :(

If you think I am scum, I'd say take Epi's former advice to Kyle, and build a case on any one of the three remaining scum rather than try to take everything I said and call it fake. That's weak sauce to me, I'm sorry. :shrug:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:47 pm
I'd be up for a dunya lynch. I keep having this nagging voice in the back of my head that says, "She's bad, Tasha. B. A. D." But part of me feels bad because she does aeem to be really on top of things and very helpful, especially for a replacement.
There are a number of people doing fuck all, and people seriously want to lynch someone who, in my opinion, breathed life into a stagnant thread?

If Dunya is bad, let her keep talking. :nicenod:

Return to “Previous Side Missions”