50%

Total votes: 16
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 485
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Mountain Mafia [NIGHT 3]

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:21 am I'm still reading page 63 but I'm an impatient kid right now so imma leave this thought.

Usually whenever I play a game that has both Jay and Sloonei in it, I feel like Sloonei is Jay #2.

Like, their playstyles are very similar, but Jay is the protagonist. Sloonei is the sidekick. Jay leads the town. Sloonei helps. They are a fearsome civ duo that way, actually. The Jay 1 and the Jay 2. You don't want to cross their path if you're bad.

In this game, Sloonei is Jay #1.

He leads the town. He leads the conversation. He is the is the guiding light that will take us to victory, or to our doom. But he is the one steering the wheel.

Whatever Jay is, he is not Jay #1. Or even Jay #2. He is something else and I don't know what that is.

At this point I'd expect to be drowing in a sea of Jay. To have so much Jay around me I could barely breathe. But I can breathe just fine. Jay is talking, but he is not seizing control. He is engaging, but not in a way that makes me feel like he is trying to produce perfect reads on everyone on day 1, to make everyone interact with each other, to move the game forward.

He is not in his element. Something is wrong with him. So I'm itching to call him bad. Although, it is possible he might be busy or distracted or just having a bad civ game. It happens. But he is not the civ Jay I know, I'm sure of that.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 82

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 4]

Post by DrWilgy »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:56 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:49 pm Is his thumb farting?
he's flipping a shiny gold coin he earned presumably by gambling or solving crimes or something
I can never get over the Spritework in BW2.
ImageImageImage
It's too good.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:09 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:21 am I'm still reading page 63 but I'm an impatient kid right now so imma leave this thought.

Usually whenever I play a game that has both Jay and Sloonei in it, I feel like Sloonei is Jay #2.

Like, their playstyles are very similar, but Jay is the protagonist. Sloonei is the sidekick. Jay leads the town. Sloonei helps. They are a fearsome civ duo that way, actually. The Jay 1 and the Jay 2. You don't want to cross their path if you're bad.

He leads the town. He leads the conversation. He is the is the guiding light that will take us to victory, or to our doom. But he is the one steering the wheel.

Whatever Jay is, he is not Jay #1. Or even Jay #2. He is something else and I don't know what that is.

At this point I'd expect to be drowing in a sea of Jay. To have so much Jay around me I could barely breathe. But I can breathe just fine. Jay is talking, but he is not seizing control. He is engaging, but not in a way that makes me feel like he is trying to produce perfect reads on everyone on day 1, to make everyone interact with each other, to move the game forward.

He is not in his element. Something is wrong with him. So I'm itching to call him bad. Although, it is possible he might be busy or distracted or just having a bad civ game. It happens. But he is not the civ Jay I know, I'm sure of that.
Cool. This is one of my major beefs as well. Jay and I often bounce things off each other and work together to figure things out. It's a product of having played about 300 games together. I think he's reached out to me unprovoked twice in this game: once to ask a question about my past scum games, and once to ask for a sprityo read at the end of Day 2 while my vote was on sprit already. He alluded to a "lack of townie brotherhood" early on between us, and I think that's his guilty mind projecting itself. It almost seems like he's avoiding me. :pout:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 781
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:12 pm
Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:56 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:49 pm Is his thumb farting?
he's flipping a shiny gold coin he earned presumably by gambling or solving crimes or something
I can never get over the Spritework in BW2.
ImageImageImage
It's too good.
I love the "moving but just once and then never again" thing they did in BW2 and Crystal, it makes for perfect forum animated gif avatars
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:22 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:09 pm

Cool. This is one of my major beefs as well. Jay and I often bounce things off each other and work together to figure things out. It's a product of having played about 300 games together. I think he's reached out to me unprovoked twice in this game: once to ask a question about my past scum games, and once to ask for a sprityo read at the end of Day 2 while my vote was on sprit already. He alluded to a "lack of townie brotherhood" early on between us, and I think that's his guilty mind projecting itself. It almost seems like he's avoiding me. :pout:
Is jack usually super driving? I haven't had that impression at all
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Jay*
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Can I please request a link to a past game with a typical civvie Jay

Also while you're at it can I see a game with a baddie dunya, please
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:26 pm Can I please request a link to a past game with a typical civvie Jay

Also while you're at it can I see a game with a baddie dunya, please
Jay is usually the supertown leader. The most recent game where we were town together was Seinfeld Mafia. He's Jerry and I'm George Steinbrenner. We're on sock puppets, but I still think this game is a good example of his usual playstyle as well as the relationship the two of us usually have in games.

I'm not sure if the Syndicate has any dunya scum games yet. She can correct me if I'm wrong. The site her, Jay, and I all grew up on no longer exists so no links exist.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I posted a broken link.
Seinfeld Mafia
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

I guess since you're possibly the least biased on the topic then Sloonei may I ask you to describe Dunya's baddie history?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

All the sockpuppets from seinfed have been changed. That can get confusing.
Look at phenon instead
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 489
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

colonialbob wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:28 pm Kylemii

I didn't like his push on Jack, I don't feel like he's solving, and I don't want to tunnel in on JJJ this early in the phase.
I'm not all the way caught up (really wish Votes were tracked because I didn't see the apparent Jimmy save at all, just the Domalakim one) but I also think Kyle looks worse.

I actually didn't get any pings for his back and forth with me (can see why others might). Rather, it's his back and forth with Epi and Sloonei that I think Kyle comes out looking bad from.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:34 pm I guess since you're possibly the least biased on the topic then Sloonei may I ask you to describe Dunya's baddie history?
I don't have a good description. The site we played at has been defunct for a few years now and she wasn't bad regularly. Her town game was characterized by crazy good intuition and palpable sincerity, but again, this was a few years ago. Her baddie game, I think, would be a bit more reserved, as sincerity is a hard thing to fake.

I'm currently reading her as town.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:38 pm

I didn't like his push on Jack, I don't feel like he's solving, and I don't want to tunnel in on JJJ this early in the phase.
I'm not all the way caught up (really wish Votes were tracked because I didn't see the apparent Jimmy save at all, just the Domalakim one) but I also think Kyle looks worse.

I actually didn't get any pings for his back and forth with me (can see why others might). Rather, it's his back and forth with Epi and Sloonei that I think Kyle comes out looking bad from.
I was a bit concerned by Kyle's seeming backtracking after he named Jay as a suspect last nught. He then gave a reason and proceeded to discredit that reason over the course of our conversation.
Overall though, I thought he seemed genuine. I'm just not sure what to make of his Jay treatment.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:51 am I think the votes moved off of Jack because the case around him kind of crumbled. It could be that there were opportunistic scum on his bandwagon, but I don't get any impressions of him being saved. But I've changed my mind on him about 8000 times this game, so who knows?
:nicenod:

That's cause it was crunchy chips ahoy to begin with.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:41 pm

I was a bit concerned by Kyle's seeming backtracking after he named Jay as a suspect last nught. He then gave a reason and proceeded to discredit that reason over the course of our conversation.
Overall though, I thought he seemed genuine. I'm just not sure what to make of his Jay treatment.
That plus his not treating Domalakim the same as Jimmy.

If Jimmy is bad for saving Domalakim, Domalakim is bad too. But when you asked for his thoughts on Dom he was like "What thoughts on Dom?"
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 82

Post by DrWilgy »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:46 pm

If Jimmy is bad for saving Domalakim, Domalakim is bad too. But when you asked for his thoughts on Dom he was like "What thoughts on Dom?"
I like this. Can someone refer me to what you describe as backtracking?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:39 pm
Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:34 pm I guess since you're possibly the least biased on the topic then Sloonei may I ask you to describe Dunya's baddie history?
I don't have a good description. The site we played at has been defunct for a few years now and she wasn't bad regularly. Her town game was characterized by crazy good intuition and palpable sincerity, but again, this was a few years ago. Her baddie game, I think, would be a bit more reserved, as sincerity is a hard thing to fake.

I'm currently reading her as town.
Thank you. That actually helps a lot. My read on her was dependent largely on whether or not dunya would be capable of feigning her town behavior easily.
Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:35 pm All the sockpuppets from seinfed have been changed. That can get confusing.
Look at phenon instead
It's actually okay. I read Seinfeld mafia when I first got here while I was waiting to get picked to replace into a game. I remember Jerry being a fairly active force in that game that led the team to victory. (the Jerry sock's new identity is bravo) I'm not even 2 pages in and there's already a marked difference in playstyle
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:46 pm That plus his not treating Domalakim the same as Jimmy.

He didn't ask for my thoughts on Dom he asked how Dom would fit into the scenario where Jay was rescued by vote changes. And I said "what?" Asking for clarification. That's two different questions and answers than what you've just said.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 497

Post by speedchuck »

I'm going to throw an early vote on JJJ. See what happens.

I may be busy most of today, but I'll try to keep up.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:52 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:46 pm

I like this. Can someone refer me to what you describe as backtracking?
The conversation I'm referring to begins here and carries on to the next page. Kyle's "cart before the horse" comment is where I particularly felt like the backtrack occurred. I was asking him to follow up on his own logic and he accused of that.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:59 pm I'm going to throw an early vote on JJJ. See what happens.

What are you hoping to see?
What are your thoughts on colonialbob at present?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

So here's the problem I have with Dunya. And in general.

I try to be really aware of my tunneling instinct so I gut re-evaluate my suspects as I go. When I go a few rounds with someone and we both back off, I tend to townread them for no good reason. Also, I tend to be able to scare people off.

This is really convenient for scum Jack. In ME, me and SVS did this a few times and as long as I discredited her enough, she stayed off me and I could pretend we were both burying the hatchet for a phase. Cause I didn't actually need to figure SVS out.

Now I'm feeling the same with Dunya but I do need to figure out her alignment. I've toyed with townreading her because she's not likely w/w based on yesterday.....but I've previously theorized that she was w/w with Jimmy after she made a fakey Jack/Jimmy scumteam theory.

So idk. I want to townread Dunya but realistically, nothing has changed.

(Things have changed with DDL so that's nice. Bob, enjoy orbiting my null read spot.)
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 485
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Hope you dont mind being called a sidekick btw. It's just Jay is more... Jay.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:59 pm The conversation I'm referring to begins here and carries on to the next page. Kyle's "cart before the horse" comment is where I particularly felt like the backtrack occurred. I was asking him to follow up on his own logic and he accused of that.
It wasn't an accusation. I just think you were expecting something deeper that wasn't there. I hadn't done the legwork that I'd set out to do on Jay to determine if there was anything to the vote shenanigans yet and you were asking me to name his teammates. That's backwards.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:06 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:59 pm The conversation I'm referring to begins here and carries on to the next page. Kyle's "cart before the horse" comment is where I particularly felt like the backtrack occurred. I was asking him to follow up on his own logic and he accused of that.
It wasn't an accusation. I just think you were expecting something deeper that wasn't there. I hadn't done the legwork that I'd set out to do on Jay to determine if there was anything to the vote shenanigans yet and you were asking me to name his teammates. That's backwards.
I was hoping to get the ball rolling on the legwork.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Voting JJJ.

Obviously and offhandedly.

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 497

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:59 pm
speedchuck wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:59 pm I'm going to throw an early vote on JJJ. See what happens.

What are you hoping to see?
What are your thoughts on colonialbob at present?
Defense or defeat. Either is telling.

Cbob hasn't pinged me either way in days. I need to ISO him, but I have today off and so naturally I'm busier than normal.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Off to watch some Fate/Apocrypha while I mindless do data entry. I wish UFOtable had done it. A-1's animations are mediocre. Mordred and Vlad III are fucking rockin, though. Anyway. Keep that content coming.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:08 pmI was hoping to get the ball rolling on the legwork.
Yeah but I was hoping to leave and watch the critically acclaimed movie "Get Out" followed by "IT is the thing.

I don't like going deep into scumhunting during night phase or even naming reads at night to be honest. Your whole approach toward me during night made me uncomfortable.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:09 am I don't have nearly the time or inclination to answer these prods/accusations, and I won't bother -- the utility of that would be limited anyway. Unfortunately this game has to be about my eleventh priority right now. I am going to provide as much as I possibly can in the way of reads and analysis tomorrow, and if I get lynched so be it. Any civilians out there among my accusers: I can't stop you, but I do encourage you to at least begin considering how you'll proceed in the event that you are wrong -- because you are.
This post reads like defeat to me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

If I need to make important statements or nightreads I need to publicize, I prefer to put them in dawn posts after the deadline for sending in role PMs, otherwise shit like what happened to dunya in Pirates happens.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:20 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:08 pmI was hoping to get the ball rolling on the legwork.
Yeah but I was hoping to leave and watch the critically acclaimed movie "Get Out" followed by "IT is the thing.

I don't like going deep into scumhunting during night phase or even naming reads at night to be honest. Your whole approach toward me during night made me uncomfortable.
Get Out is soooooo good.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:41 pm
Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:20 pm

Get Out is soooooo good.
it was pretty good :)
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 320
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I watched Get Out twice. Really great.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:00 pm So here's the problem I have with Dunya. And in general.

I try to be really aware of my tunneling instinct so I gut re-evaluate my suspects as I go. When I go a few rounds with someone and we both back off, I tend to townread them for no good reason. Also, I tend to be able to scare people off.

This is really convenient for scum Jack. In ME, me and SVS did this a few times and as long as I discredited her enough, she stayed off me and I could pretend we were both burying the hatchet for a phase. Cause I didn't actually need to figure SVS out.

Now I'm feeling the same with Dunya but I do need to figure out her alignment. I've toyed with townreading her because she's not likely w/w based on yesterday.....but I've previously theorized that she was w/w with Jimmy after she made a fakey Jack/Jimmy scumteam theory.

(Things have changed with DDL so that's nice. Bob, enjoy orbiting my null read spot.)
Are there any other similarities to other games where you were scum that you'd like to share anecdotes about? :eye:
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:00 pm So here's the problem I have with Dunya. And in general.

I don't understand how the anecdotes about you relate to dunya
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kyle, my issue with your progression last night is that you started by identifying a premise in which Jay is bad, but then came to the position that this premise was premature without acknowledging that or backing off of your suspicion at all.

I came up in a mafia community where night posting was not treated any different than day posting, so your hesitation is not something that I was conscious of at the time, but that still does not erase my doubts now. Even with your discomfort, you still named two suspects when I asked, and gave reasons for having both of those suspects. You then appeared to doubt your own reason for one of them. It wasn't about a lack of information you shared. It was about you sharing information that did not align.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Long Con wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:48 pm I watched Get Out twice. Really great.

Are there any other similarities to other games where you were scum that you'd like to share anecdotes about? :eye:
Once upon a time, I was bad and snarky and wearing a shirt. Now I'm also snarky and wearing a shirt.

Phenom me vs Quin right before I got shot was kinda similar to this, too. I think I said there was a 40% chance Quin was good. I meant like 60% but I didn't want to get shot for backing down. Got shot anyway.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

You're misreading the scenario, Sloonei. I answered your questions directly. The conclusion that Jay was a strong, researched, or even properly thought through suspicion was something you assumed.

I also... wasn't doubting my reasons either? My reasons amounted to "I want to look into Jay because some other people who I trust the judgement of suspect him, and also some wonky bullshit took place at the end of day 3 that may be evidence" and that's as far as I took it. You brought forward questions to me that I hadn't put into consideration yet, because i hadn't taken time to follow through on even doing an ISO on Jay yet, because it was night, and I wanted to play Pokemon and watch spooky movies, instead of digging through forum posts while listening to my classical piano playlist.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:18 pm You're misreading the scenario, Sloonei. I answered your questions directly. The conclusion that Jay was a strong, researched, or even properly thought through suspicion was something you assumed.

I also... wasn't doubting my reasons either? My reasons amounted to "I want to look into Jay because some other people who I trust the judgement of suspect him, and also some wonky bullshit took place at the end of day 3 that may be evidence" and that's as far as I took it. You brought forward questions to me that I hadn't put into consideration yet, because i hadn't taken time to follow through on even doing an ISO on Jay yet, because it was night, and I wanted to play Pokemon and watch spooky movies, instead of digging through forum posts while listening to my classical piano playlist.
Have you had a chance to review any of the things that lead you to suspect Jay yet?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Jerry Seinfeld was a much more driving force in the Seinfeld game. I know post count isn't everything but he had more than twice the number of posts as the player with the second most number of posts. But there was a lot more of just.... Being on the ground questioning things and getting shit moving which contrasts sharply with his posts here which are typically reactionary or "puke posts" where he throws out a lot at once. His play in Seinfeld, I would describe as.... idk. Soldierlike, whereas his play here seems much more managerial.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:49 pm Jerry Seinfeld was a much more driving force in the Seinfeld game. I know post count isn't everything but he had more than twice the number of posts as the player with the second most number of posts. But there was a lot more of just.... Being on the ground questioning things and getting shit moving which contrasts sharply with his posts here which are typically reactionary or "puke posts" where he throws out a lot at once. His play in Seinfeld, I would describe as.... idk. Soldierlike, whereas his play here seems much more managerial.
Exactly. He's usually an active force in driving the thread along. Not just making his own content, but provoking others to do the same. Here he's a passive presence. He'll respond to others, but it seems primarily for the sake of getting them to elaborate on things they'ge already said or (as I mentioned earlier), just to reinforce pre-existing arguments.

I think today has been stagnant because there is a general consensus that jay is the best lynch option and the reasons are pretty evident to anyone who's played with him in the past, I think. I don't feel like there's much to be said on him. But there's still plenty else to talk about. If we're confident enough, we can start looking for possible teammate interactions in his posts, or just work on identifying suspects 2-4.

And by "we" I mean you all because I'm gonna be out til about midnight EST.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:42 pmHave you had a chance to review any of the things that lead you to suspect Jay yet?
No. I decided that you were right. It doesn't make sense to investigate the motivations of voters before we know for sure what they were voting for or against. If there's truly a strong meta-correlation between Jay's level of involvement and his alignment then that seems easier than to analyze the meta of 5 or more different voters to determine their motivations.

But also I've realized that my theory makes no sense, a sudden rush of votes onto and off of Jay wouldn't make sense as Jay was only the 3rd or 4th most likely to be lynched at that point in time, before the rush. The only way the 2-3 players who moved their votes off of him could be his teammates would be if they were trying to set up some early distancing and then panicked when his lynch became a realistic possibility at the last moment.

It falls apart unless the votes that stopped being on him were by his early voters, since baddies wouldn't drive by vote their own teammate only to undo it immediately.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I said I was going to put reads in this thread and I will. I do not have time to be Jerry Seinfeld and I don't give a shit about trying to be Jerry Seinfeld. I frankly don't see how there could be any impression that I give a shit about trying to be Jerry Seinfeld or any other generic super-civilian cookie cutter rendition of myself given the posts I have made in this game. This variety of meta read is bogus, as though JJJ suddenly forgets how to make a million posts when he draws a mafia role.

There's a reason I am only here during brief windows right now. That won't change for the foreseeable future in this or ensuing games. I implore the civilians in this thread to engage a broad dialogue whether I am your locked vote or not. Nothing is friendlier to the mafia team right now than a continuing focus on me, especially when I am in no position to engage the discussion.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

What is the reason?
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:16 pm I said I was going to put reads in this thread and I will. I do not have time to be Jerry Seinfeld and I don't give a shit about trying to be Jerry Seinfeld. I frankly don't see how there could be any impression that I give a shit about trying to be Jerry Seinfeld or any other generic super-civilian cookie cutter rendition of myself given the posts I have made in this game. This variety of meta read is bogus, as though JJJ suddenly forgets how to make a million posts when he draws a mafia role.

There's a reason I am only here during brief windows right now. That won't change for the foreseeable future in this or ensuing games. I implore the civilians in this thread to engage a broad dialogue whether I am your locked vote or not. Nothing is friendlier to the mafia team right now than a continuing focus on me, especially when I am in no position to engage the discussion.
I'd really prefer you to give us reasons you're town, rather than "I'm not bad you'll regret voting for me because it's what the mafia wants"
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Long Con wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:07 am
Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:51 am I think the votes moved off of Jack because the case around him kind of crumbled. It could be that there were opportunistic scum on his bandwagon, but I don't get any impressions of him being saved. But I've changed my mind on him about 8000 times this game, so who knows?
I disagree, Epignosis had an important role in saving Jack in that lynch. It was his push that made it all start happening in the end there.
Shit Epi they're onto us!

But seriously, LC. You don't see my halo and my spikey shoes? The case can't keep twisting and turning to fit whatever new tinfoil should arise.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:22 pm What is the reason?
It only gets worse every day.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

colonialbob wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:23 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:16 pm I said I was going to put reads in this thread and I will. I do not have time to be Jerry Seinfeld and I don't give a shit about trying to be Jerry Seinfeld. I frankly don't see how there could be any impression that I give a shit about trying to be Jerry Seinfeld or any other generic super-civilian cookie cutter rendition of myself given the posts I have made in this game. This variety of meta read is bogus, as though JJJ suddenly forgets how to make a million posts when he draws a mafia role.

I'd really prefer you to give us reasons you're town, rather than "I'm not bad you'll regret voting for me because it's what the mafia wants"
That's not remotely what I said. I don't give a shit about votes.

When I get out of this lab and can actually play this game tonight, it's full legacy. I have to choose between arguing with my accusers to no end and giving actual reads, because there's no way I'll get to both -- and the former is close to useless anyway.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 2]

dunya wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:51 am
Elohcin wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:09 pm I'm actually not having a jolly ol time. I'm sick. I still have work this week...which is good with Christmas coming, but I have a cold, so not fun. Every time I read a page even when caught up, there is another page to read. And when I go to sleep, I wake up like 10 pages behind. I cannot think straight 'cause I'm sick. Went to the store to get meds and left my phone, that's how much I can't think straight. Sloon is being nit picky with me. I think he expects more from me than I can intellectually give. I'm not an intellectual like so many of you here. I play for fun and to try to keep my mind as sharp as possible as I age. Did I mention I'm sick and feel like crap. My meds didn't even seem to help.
I don't feel a scum eloh would manipulate us in this way, writing a paragraph+ about how ill she feels. I feel this was a genuine cry of frustration. She got really sick, and got behind in the thread. I'm moving Eloh to higher town read now.
If Eloh complaining (which is fine, I don't begrudge) about being busy/tired/sick/not caught up makes her town, Eloh is always town.

I think she's really town but this isn't why.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”