Total votes: 16
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 4]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Nothing pisses me off like losing half of an ISO because of an errant click of the "back" button. :wall:
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 206

Post by Elohcin »

Quin wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:00 pm
Elohcin wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:57 pm Okay...this is weird. I'm not caught up. Trying though. But I told Juliets that I would try to get into discord today since I haven't been in there is probably a couple weeks. I went in there just now and dunya has posted a pic in there of her laptop and it has a quote of mine and her talking about me feeling guilty or whatever. She also says I'm lurking. She refers to my post when I ask for a catch up and say something like, I'm not trying to cheat. I feel the need to address this. First of all...what is that doing in discord. Second, I'm not lurking. I have been super busy as I have said. I have kept the page open so I can read here and there throughout the day as Im waiting on cupcakes to bake or nuts to roast or laundry to heck...food to finish heating in the microwave. I haven't really had the cahnce to actually post though b/c I'm STILL catching up even now. And I was not feeling guilty. I just was hoping for a catch up on the EoD and night since I wasn't here really. I called it cheating because I was asking someone else to tell me what happened rather than reading it myself. Anyway... still catching up.
I'll forgive you as long as I get a cupcake.
How about three banana split cupcakes with a chocolate ganache filling, whipped cream frosting, candied walnuts, caramel drizzle, and cheeries on top?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Quin wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:08 pm
dunya wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:07 pm I already explained why I town read sig, it's 1.05am, I really can't be arsed to explain it again right now tbh but JoH recently posted a link to that. I've played a few games, all town sig, and this is exactly what sig does. Those posts he has contributed, nothing stands out for me at all.

As for why you and speedchuck: I think you're an unlikely pairing, but I feel one of you is bad. After my isos I'll let you know who's good and who's bad.

I'm not really catching up as I should, I'm just sort of picking at things as I scroll down random recent pages. I don't mean to make you repeat yourself over and over.
And here I am reading word for word for well over an hour still unable to really say much other than responces. I don't know which is better.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 464

Post by Quin »

Elohcin wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:25 pm
Elohcin wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:57 pm Okay...this is weird. I'm not caught up. Trying though. But I told Juliets that I would try to get into discord today since I haven't been in there is probably a couple weeks. I went in there just now and dunya has posted a pic in there of her laptop and it has a quote of mine and her talking about me feeling guilty or whatever. She also says I'm lurking. She refers to my post when I ask for a catch up and say something like, I'm not trying to cheat. I feel the need to address this. First of all...what is that doing in discord. Second, I'm not lurking. I have been super busy as I have said. I have kept the page open so I can read here and there throughout the day as Im waiting on cupcakes to bake or nuts to roast or laundry to heck...food to finish heating in the microwave. I haven't really had the cahnce to actually post though b/c I'm STILL catching up even now. And I was not feeling guilty. I just was hoping for a catch up on the EoD and night since I wasn't here really. I called it cheating because I was asking someone else to tell me what happened rather than reading it myself. Anyway... still catching up.
How about three banana split cupcakes with a chocolate ganache filling, whipped cream frosting, candied walnuts, caramel drizzle, and cheeries on top?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I'm caught up!!!!!
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

A fresh look at DrWilgy

First substantive post

Quin's little move to generate responses re: his pledge to "vote Epi whenever" got a reply from Wilgy. It's a strategic assertion which doesn't say much of anything about either Epi or Quin. Filler potential. The negative read on Daisy is a loud one. Okay. The question he posed to Sloonei could have some utility if there's follow-up.

Another early multi-quote salad (let's make it a Thing guys)

There are numerous questions here. Questions are neat. I don't know what Wilgy is doing with them though.

Multi-quote salad again

Wilgy is inserting nuggets of chatter into numerous conversations. They don't boast much unique insight though. The sole stance I see taken here is an agreement with Quin's grievance against Kyle.

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:35 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:51 pm Wilgy is highly unpredictable. Don't apply normal rules of logic. Wilgy is almost as unpredictable as Vompatti. Almost. Nothing is unlikely for Wilgy, everything is fair game. I'm just unsure what to do with this version of Wilgy...
It's funny that "normal" Wilgy scares you in such a way. Guess it's a good thing. Perhaps "normal" Wilgy is the advent of this game.

I wouldn't say this is the first time I have seen "normal Wilgy", or at least a Wilgy who involves himself in the game with words and posts. The first example that comes to mind is Talking Heads (he was bad). I don't know why Daisy's fear of his normalcy is a "good thing".

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:49 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:45 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:30 pm //Kyle what happened to your conviction? This doesn't feel the same Kyle that I met in Pirate mafia.
Is conviction something I had in pirates mafia? I would argue that the exact opposite is true. On the second to last day I didn't know who to lynch and almost died because of it, Speedchuck talked me into no lynching. We also lost partially because I didn't pursue my suspicion of Speedchuck on the final day.

I've been making a real effort to follow through in this game because of it.
Interesting. Perhaps I was confusing conviction with rapid adaption. My observance of you was from a smiley posting ding dong. I was the ding dong. You, however, were fun to watch because I felt like I was watching you grow in the short span of time I was alive. You were watched by a ding dong.

The one stance I referenced before was Wilgy's take on Kyle, via Quin. Kyle responded with a contrary description of his behavior. Wilgy's reply is a neutral observation which is no longer interrogative. The only stance taken thus dissipates, leaving this post history a bit bare to this point -- more than it appears at a glance. That's not ideal.

Jack ISO

It's nice that Wilgy's takes in this ISO are multi-directional -- he has both positive and negative things to say about Jack. The negative side wins the day, as the conclusion is a scum read on Jack. Some of the language employed here is a concern:

"Are you buddying or talking with a teammate here?" -- Loaded question

"I feel that JoH has a way of portraying things that either are forced or feel like a forced portrayal." -- Jack has a way of either portraying things that are forced or forcing a portrayal. Eh? What does that mean?

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:44 pm Quick comment regarding the GTH exercise.

For everyokne that GTH'd me good. Why do you think I'm good? Under what scenarios do you find that I'm scummy? Would you say that you are mpre of a player that finds people innocent until proven guilty or guilty until proven innocent?

@elochin I'm still curious as to why you stated my comment about being able to read Daisy stuck out to you as scummy before my further explanation. What about that comment caused a scum read? Am I not allowed to be bad at reading someone?

@JoH, I'll get back to you. I've come to a point where I'm aware of my tunneling and I need to review others before I continue to bark at you. What I find interesting outside of our back and forth is your baddie read of me. What prompted this read exactly?

Wilgy expressed concern that he might be tunneling on Jack and pledged to broaden his focus.

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:13 am
Quin wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:09 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:08 am
Quin wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:07 am why aren't we all lynching Lasagne? For a low poster, she actually looks bad.
What's the worst thing you could say about Lasagne?
She has 24 posts, at least 20 of those say nothing but bolster her presence in the thread.
I can get behind this.

Wilgy joined the Mesk wagon at EOD3. I don't take issue with a decision being made on the fly like this in the heat of EOD nonsense. It does beg expansion now though -- Wilgy, what inspired (hi Quin) your willingness to contribute to this wagon?

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:34 pm
dunya wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:49 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:54 pm I can promise you regardless of alignment it's a time constraint. Civ Wilgy or Scum Wilgy, I frown upon lurking.

What I find interesting is that instead of gauging my reads and what I've provided, you target the quantity. Why not ask for more if that's what you want? I've provided thoughts as I've caught up. Where are your comments on those?

Also Rainbows are dumb. Players are either good or bad.
It feels like a lot of general comments and observations, throwing in some questions for good measure. It doesn't feel like someone who is taking any sort of significant stance. This far into the game, I find it hard to believe any townie wouldn't have made strong stances yet, even if one that we can recognize him for. You haven't even made good/bad player lists. Sorry Wilgy, I just don't think you're townie-centric this game. I mean, I defended you in Pirates and you didn't even say anything. But here, you've been less authentic and clear in your opinions and stances than when you were playing with emojis imo.
What? Less authentic and clear? Comparing clarity in a game where I was only using emojis (and keeping up mind you)?

What is a strong stance to you? Apparently not calling Jack bad for his play day one, nor agreeing that Jaybis a good lynch. Those are just weak stances.

Dunya, it feels like your trying to case me with "Wilgy is bad because of XYZ", when you can just say "I'm tone reading Wilgy as bad." Because of this I do feel that its disgenuine.

dunya was critical of Wilgy's lack of hard stances and Wilgy took issue. On this front, I think dunya's assertion is valid. There's really not much in the way of stances in this post history that I can see.

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:49 pm
dunya wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:45 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:43 pm
dunya wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:38 pmI'll tell you what a strong townie stance is: it's having strong suspicions. Just clearing people off is more a scum stance-tactic. Does that make sense to you?

You were only using emojis, but those emojis actually reflected better on you. You were calling people good/bad with them. That's townie as hell.

This "not calling Jack bad for his play day one" and "not agreeing on a Jay lynch" is not necessarily townie as hell.

I hope you can see where I am coming from; I'm super genuine and super serious and extremely demanding.
So you want mor quantity from me?
no...I never complained about low post count or quantity of post. I want more genuine, hard stances. I would understand your hesitation in that you can't give me a genuine scum read without outing a scum-mate, but try.
I've already given what I had Dunya. Your shaking a tree that's out of apples. I'm just unsure if your shaking this tree on purpose or not.

The highlighted bit reads awkwardly at face value. First, there's an implied suspicion, or at least "room" for suspicion -- but the assertion of a "tree being shaken" is as applicable (if not moreso) to a civilian as a mafioso. Indeed shaking trees is often half the game.

~~~

I've stated numerous grievances here and less nice to say. Wilgy is a suspect.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 82

Post by DrWilgy »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:58 pm Dunsparce also has access to the serene grace ability which lets it use air slash's heightened flinch rate and thunderwave to completely block their opponent from attacking, although togekiss does it a little better and benefits from the flying type move... I guess Dunsparce could use the normal type headbutt for the same purpose but I don't know for sure if it gets access to that move outside of heart gold and soul silver
Glare let's you hit those ground types with paralysis as well, and rockside also has a decent flinch chance and can hit both of your opponents mons. Serene Grace is op!!
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I would be okay lynching wilgy, quin, sloonei, dunya, or lc. I know its my duty to go into detail but I cannot stare at this screen much longer. This isnbased on a previous poat I made in response to dunya. These arenthe people I don't trust atm.

Wilgy-not trying hard enough. Has pinged me a couple times.
Quin and sloonei-seem to be a driving force this game but I don't feel like they seem super civ. Baddie teams usually have at least one very vocal player. If this team does, gotta be one of these.
Dunya-same field as sloonei and quin as a driving force, but she has said several things that ping me even though she also seems like a vey helpful civ. "Seems" and "is" are two different things.
Lc-still could be bad imo
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I will be taling a break now and will come back after Input the kids to bed to read/vote. Please....tell me what you think of the people Injust mentioned
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 781
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:39 pm
Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:58 pm Dunsparce also has access to the serene grace ability which lets it use air slash's heightened flinch rate and thunderwave to completely block their opponent from attacking, although togekiss does it a little better and benefits from the flying type move... I guess Dunsparce could use the normal type headbutt for the same purpose but I don't know for sure if it gets access to that move outside of heart gold and soul silver
Glare let's you hit those ground types with paralysis as well, and rockside also has a decent flinch chance and can hit both of your opponents mons. Serene Grace is op!!
I forgot all about glare, I am a fool.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I need to step away from the legacy for a short time. I would like to do two more of these before the day nears its end. I'm accepting requests. I will only honor the request if I feel the name is a pertinent one given time constraints.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

I feel like... There are too many players that I trust in this game. We've had so little death that it's been... I don't know how to say this.... Almost too easy to get civvie reads. There's so many players in this game that I feel inclined to trust on some level, but I consciously know that other than like.... 1.5 of them any of them could be mafia trying to push civs off the cliff.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 485
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Togekiss does the same thing and it has better stats and access to Tailwind (if you play doubles) or Defog (if you play singles) which are good support options. it can also self recover.

Jirachi is a more offensive option for Togekiss too, if you are not playing an official tournament.

Dunsparce is outclassed, sadly.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 497

Post by speedchuck »

I like all of you too much. You're too good at being genuine when explaining your eta or low effort
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Mm should I tie the lynch
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I don't feel like lynching Wilgy. He doesn't make me feel any suspicion.

I feel some suspicion on Malakim on the other hand.

But now I don't wanna betray my civ Jay theory. Even though i'm also betraying my bad Jay theory to begin with.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Jay i'll read those dellcious ISOs tomorrow now I'm too sleepy to make any sense of them.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I'm staying on Malakim. You guys follow me if you want. Good night.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Hmm I don't wanna lynch malakim, but that's mostly pity
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I'm mostly riding the "Mesk lynch was a save" theory.

So one of Jay and Dom must be bad. If not Jay then Dom. And Malakim made some posts that looked lazy and uncommital.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Basically this lead is terrible but I don't have a better one. meh.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Why is jay town
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

speedchuck wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:10 pm Why is jay town
Because the resistance to his lynch has been pathetic.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Or it was pathetic before me and some people called it, now it's not anymore.

/WIFOM
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

But isn't that why we switched off dom
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

speedchuck wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:11 pm But isn't that why we switched off dom
I don't know I skimmed the whole EoD3
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Also I've gotten multiple indications that this Jay and baddie Jay are nothing alike so the meta read is kind of dead
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I can't remember for sure.

Linki HHhHhhh maybe I could jump to wilgy? I'll be around before daywnd to decide. Just keeping up on my phone
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Alright.

Screw it.

*JJJ*

No matter what, he hasn't looked like a civ all game. If meta is worthless, I'll follow my gut.

And I don't want to lynch Wilgy.

Good night. Turning off my laptop.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Hm that's odd
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Okay so what's the case on the wilgster, is it his tone?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:17 pm Hm that's odd
What's odd?
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:04 pm I'm also bothered by the lack of votes in this day.

If Jay is bad, it would make sense for there to be some counter-wagon by now (maybe Wilgy is the counter wagon?). And I don't like how everyone who is voting for Jay is someone I'm currently townreading (well there is Jack, but I like current Jack more than Day 1 Jack so i'm still on the fence about him). Maybe mafia is just watching from afar, since the civs are doing their dirty work for them. So they don't need to expose themselves, by making bussing too obvious or risking discussion going against them.
Still catching up but had to comment on this. Jay seems a pretty obvious target for today - if he is bad he seems a better candidate for bussing than saving, especially considering his availability.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Elohcin wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:16 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:16 pm I said I was going to put reads in this thread and I will. I do not have time to be Jerry Seinfeld and I don't give a shit about trying to be Jerry Seinfeld. I frankly don't see how there could be any impression that I give a shit about trying to be Jerry Seinfeld or any other generic super-civilian cookie cutter rendition of myself given the posts I have made in this game. This variety of meta read is bogus, as though JJJ suddenly forgets how to make a million posts when he draws a mafia role.

There's a reason I am only here during brief windows right now. That won't change for the foreseeable future in this or ensuing games. I implore the civilians in this thread to engage a broad dialogue whether I am your locked vote or not. Nothing is friendlier to the mafia team right now than a continuing focus on me, especially when I am in no position to engage the discussion.
Can you elaborate a little bit on your lack of activity? Now, I know you are participating, don't get me wrong. You just aren't participating like normal Jay, civ or baddie imo. I have been in games with you where you were civ and bad and I would say you carry the thread in either situation. So, I don't see this quiet Jay (quiet for you) as necessarily a bad jay. But it is disconcerning. So, I'm curious. Have you taken on more in your RL schedule? I ask because I hate to lynch a civ Jay because of RL business.
:/
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

dunya wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:40 pm I was pinged by Jay's lack of focus tbh and the fact he didn't direct a single suspicion towards me. That's very unlike him. He usually kills my game when I'm townie, and frustrates me till I start dreaming of rage quitting. :P When I named him as a suspect, I hoped it would trigger a different kind of response where I could be sure of his towniness, as I have been in past games. How will Jay respond? That is a huge tell all in itself.

I feel a bit mean though, because I know what he's going through IRL. He barely has time to talk to me, even. It's close to end of semester and we have exams and assignments due.

I believe he replaced into this game same reason I did (a sort of sense of obligation, let's say), and while I pretty much screwed off my exam studying time to get up to date with the thread the last 2 days, I think Jay values his education before mafia (smart guy. smarter than me, probably. definitely).

I was never going to go through with lynching him without giving him time to clear himself or sufficiently fend off accusations thrown his way. The fact he has so much suspicion on him and didn't bother going through them all does not strike me as "giving up" as Sloonei put it (and I'm surprised he could think Jay would give up). On the contrary, it had an opposite effect on me and I've played plenty with Jay (and scum Jay) to know that like me, he'd defend himself till the last dying breath. It's basically like this grad student has exams man. Let's cut him some slack for not spending 5 hours playing online mafia.

no lynch Jay today. I urge you all to reconsider and look elsewhere.
I said he looked defeated. Not that he had given up.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

colonialbob wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:34 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:04 pm I'm also bothered by the lack of votes in this day.

If Jay is bad, it would make sense for there to be some counter-wagon by now (maybe Wilgy is the counter wagon?). And I don't like how everyone who is voting for Jay is someone I'm currently townreading (well there is Jack, but I like current Jack more than Day 1 Jack so i'm still on the fence about him). Maybe mafia is just watching from afar, since the civs are doing their dirty work for them. So they don't need to expose themselves, by making bussing too obvious or risking discussion going against them.
Still catching up but had to comment on this. Jay seems a pretty obvious target for today - if he is bad he seems a better candidate for bussing than saving, especially considering his availability.
What was the purpose behind making this post?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Elohcin wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:25 pm
town read on elohcin irl
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Spacedaisy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:56 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:55 pm
dunya wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:49 pm
Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:45 pm malakim2099 would you please do me a solid and describe your past mafia experience, to whatever extent you're comfortable with?
I suggest you take a look at the street fighter game: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... alakim2099
He was scum here.
Your link is broken. You accidentally mentioned yourself while typing it.

Also the forum is trying to force me to mention you too. It has had this kind of bug for weeks now. Spacedaisy
When ever you try to quote a post that has an @mention in it, you have to delete the @mention to avoid that problem. Otherwise it sees the original @mention and gets confused.
Why is this not in red :omg:
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

I did read through of the Wilgmeister, and he seems... soft I guess. Softer than in Pirates, soft like a dunsparce. I don't know if pirates was a typical game for him but in that one I remember him calling people out a lot more aggressively despite using only emojis to speak, and that was just on day one. Then again maybe he just seemed more to the point because he was only using faces to communicate?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

The only scenario in which I can see Jay being town is if he's completely fatigued from real life duties right now and simply doesn't have the energy to replicate his usual style. This has nothing to do with his level of activity. I've seen him play plenty of games with time constraints and a lower-than-normal post count, but the content has still been its usual caliber. It hasn't been there for the most part in this game, IMO. But considering the time of year that it is, I could believe that it would be interfering not just with his ability to be here, but also his ability to be JJJ.

That said, I could still see this as scum jay dealing with the same time and energy constraints, and I'm lacking a solid secondary suspect. Maybe I could return to colonialbob. I sense a lot of town in-fighting in this thread right now. Let's all remember that 12 of us are big mountains and only 4 are little.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:46 pm

To express disagreement with DDL as well as point out a soft defense of JJJ.

Why are you asking about this post?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

My knee-jerk reaction is to always read wilgy as town because everyone else's knee-jerk reaction is to read him as scum. As such, I've given him a pass for most of this game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Moved my vote to speedchuck
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:55 pm The only scenario in which I can see Jay being town is if he's completely fatigued from real life duties right now and simply doesn't have the energy to replicate his usual style.
Did you misspeak here? This sentence seems to imply a point countered to the rest of your post.
colonialbob wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:56 pm
Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:46 pm

To express disagreement with DDL as well as point out a soft defense of JJJ.

Why are you asking about this post?
I didn't see what was accomplished by making it, but I was looking at your part of the post in a vacuum. I didnt read the stuff in the quote, now I get it.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Stuff about malakim2099

This player slot has been essentially vacant for the whole game. It no longer is, so I think folks should make an immediate effort to sort that read.

malakim2099 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:34 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:06 am Like in here, Quin started pushing the Mesk lynch before everyone. He pushed and he pushed until people took the bait. If one of Jay or New Dom is bad, Quin looks terrible. On the other hand, it is a risky play for a baddie. He more or less took the lead on it.

Or did he? He was the fourth one to vote in the poll (can we trust the pool order, btw? This site changes too much). That means he kept suggesting it until some people voted for her, then jumped on the wagon himself.
Still catching up, but if the bolded is true, that feels very scummy.

malakim needed 34 minutes to find something suspicious, in this case in support of an assertion by DDL about Quin. This is rather bizarre, because DDL's suspicion appears contingent upon either me or malakim himself being mafia (and Quin's maneuver to lynch Mesk thus representing a save). malakim: did you view this notion of Quin's voting, regardless of its accuracy relative to the poll voting order, suspicious independent of the connection DDL drew?

malakim2099 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:33 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:29 pm In case I am NKed tonight:
Jay
Quin
Dom/malakim

should be the next three lynches. Not sure who the fourth is. I'd maybe consider Kyle again tbh... Or INH or sig. But I am very confident that the three I listed are bad.
Well, that DEFINITELY encourages me to be active. :shrug:

Sheesh, can I digest the War and Peace-sized game to date before getting strung up as a replacement?

There's no harm in asking for some time to get through the lengthy game thread. I'd have liked this more though without the appeal to emotion angle shoved into the first bit.

malakim2099 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:42 pm For the record, far too early for me (got to page 11) to get any sort of good reads yet, BUT when you talk about lynching a player spot immediately after they've been replaced? That seems fairly scummy to me. Especially with the meta-logic of "well, they were replaced so they must be mafia" which is, frankly, crap logic.

Nutella, aside from the fact that Dom was completely inert, why am I bad?
Dunya, likewise.

If I'm locked into dying via lynch in the next couple days (which definitely helps the mafia narrow down who they don't have to bother NKing)... I'd like to know why at least. Consider it a professional courtesy. :biggrin:

(Normally I'd just defend myself, but I'm curious what their reasoning is in lynching someone who is going to actually be active in the game going forward?)

I like this one more. I would expect a civilian who has replaced into these conditions and finds himself beset by suspicions emerging from an EOD3 in which he played no part to view his accusers with some concern. This strikes me as a natural result of the circumstances, wherein a civilian Domalakim would be a low-hanging fruit.

malakim2099 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:10 pm Well, I'm honestly leaning towards voting JJJ because I disliked his... I guess you could call it defense? Plus there seems to be a prevalent "JJJ is mal's scumbuddy" theory out there. Though I'm not going to drop a vote yet, if only because I'm going to be around before the end of the day phase (barring catastrophic weirdness), so I will be back by then.

Oh, and passed the written test, so got my MN DL. Woot! Now to wait 3-4 weeks for the bloody thing.

Also, Get Out is freaking amazing. Love that movie (own it on Bluray).

What does that theory matter with regard to your willingness to vote for me? Do you suspect me more because people think I might be on your mafia team? :huh:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:01 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:55 pm The only scenario in which I can see Jay being town is if he's completely fatigued from real life duties right now and simply doesn't have the energy to replicate his usual style.
Did you misspeak here? This sentence seems to imply a point countered to the rest of your post.
No. I'm saying it's possible that this is just exhausted Jay, but that I also still note the same differences in his game as I've been pointing out for the last 48 hours and I can't put them out of my mind.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:10 pm
No. I'm saying it's possible that this is just exhausted Jay, but that I also still note the same differences in his game as I've been pointing out for the last 48 hours and I can't put them out of my mind.
Design a perfect civilian faction

Given my inability to serve in that typical role of content facilitation, which requires a constant thread presence and devotion to staying on top of each dialogue, I have to find other ways to contribute. A good civilian needs to be able to be more than a one-trick pony.

I'm trying to be the detached analyst. It's not my comfort zone. It's not what I'm used to. I think it's what I'm best able to provide to the civilian team dynamic in this game. This game has moved at a torrent pace. The generation of content has never been an issue, and motivators and facilitators are present in my stead, at least most of whom are likely to be trustworthy. Were it not for that, maybe I would have been foolish and spent way more time trying to make this move in typical fashion. Thank goodness it hasn't been necessary for my sake.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:21 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:10 pm
Design a perfect civilian faction

Given my inability to serve in that typical role of content facilitation, which requires a constant thread presence and devotion to staying on top of each dialogue, I have to find other ways to contribute. A good civilian needs to be able to be more than a one-trick pony.

I'm trying to be the detached analyst. It's not my comfort zone. It's not what I'm used to. I think it's what I'm best able to provide to the civilian team dynamic in this game. This game has moved at a torrent pace. The generation of content has never been an issue, and motivators and facilitators are present in my stead, at least most of whom are likely to be trustworthy. Were it not for that, maybe I would have been foolish and spent way more time trying to make this move in typical fashion. Thank goodness it hasn't been necessary for my sake.
why is drwilgy the best lynch option today?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:01 pm Moved my vote to speedchuck
He's my current ISO in progress. What motivates your vote now?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:23 pm why is drwilgy the best lynch option today?
Beefs stated here

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Side Missions”