50%

Total votes: 16
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 5]

Post by Sloonei »

Also I'm not sure what to make of bob denying that he's trying to save malakim when nobody accused him of that. I had just walked in the door from work when that flurry of posts happened so I just took his word for it that his goal was to save Mal.

I'm reading everything he says through scum-colored glasses at this point. That defense looks out of place and paranoid. I need someone to tell me if my read of bob is unfair in any way.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 103
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

K2 wrote:Dearest Mountains,

Hot diggity shit, we actually got one, huh? That's great. Im glad it worked out. I had my doubts.

Now we've got something to work with. The next step is to figure out who was in the closest proximity to JJJ and who might have been distancing from him. You already knew that obviously. That's why we're here after all.

The last night where Jay got lynched would have been the ideal time for his team to bus him, but watching the lynch there wasn't certainty that he was going to die until probably the last hour or so. There's probably a lot to work with there. Watch out for anyone who seemed to actively push non-Jay options.

We should also scour his posts for clues and of course keep in mind that by the start of day 4 he must have already had some idea that he'd be lynched. Don't forget that Jay was involved in two separate lynches. That's twice as much content to analyze whilst searching for his teammates.

K2's top choices for possible JJJ partners are: Cbob, Sig, LC, Quin, and maybe DDL. I might have put Kylemii on that list as well but Kyle's been reading as authentic to me lately with his attempts to find JJJ's teammates. I have a feeling that Epi/Kyle is civ/civ. I would like to kindly request that they lay off each other for maybe a cycle and focus on other players.

Additionally, K2 thinks Jay's flip should clear Dunya and Epig from suspicion.

K2 thinks the long entry period of this game ending with the lynch of their comrade paired with the civvie trust pool we've already established must weigh on the hearts and minds of the mafia. Keep an eye out for players with weakened morale.

With all this in mind, K2 thinks the best lynch for day 5 would be CBob but K2 is open to suggestions.

Gonna finish off with a fun mountain fact:

Did you know mountains are the largest living land animal? They're not. Mountains aren't animals, you fool. You imbecile. Not all of them even live on land. Ever heard of underwater volcanoes? Get out of my sight. Learn some fucking science and then get back to me. I bet you didn't even understand that really clever meatier shower joke that I made earlier. Who do you think you are?

Anyway that's all for this issue of K2 magazine. Sorry for the day of silence. Hopefully you'll be hearing from me again soon, unless I die, get roleblocked, have my broadcast hijacked by Chimbarazoa, or just forget to send a PM again... Let's all do our best and keep killing those tiny mountains!

With Love,
K2

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:19 am Also I'm not sure what to make of bob denying that he's trying to save malakim when nobody accused him of that. I had just walked in the door from work when that flurry of posts happened so I just took his word for it that his goal was to save Mal.

I'm reading everything he says through scum-colored glasses at this point. That defense looks out of place and paranoid. I need someone to tell me if my read of bob is unfair in any way.
*denying that him trying to save malakim is suspicion

He suggested that that's what he's trying to do despite no one else mentioning it, and then dropped a vote on mal. Does not compute.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 396

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:19 am Also I'm not sure what to make of bob denying that he's trying to save malakim when nobody accused him of that. I had just walked in the door from work when that flurry of posts happened so I just took his word for it that his goal was to save Mal.

I think it's too late in the Day (funny, since there are hours left of it) to concern ourselves with lynching colonialbob. My opinion of him will fall into the lowest valley if malakim2099 is shown to be bad.

Bear in mind, however, that malakim2099 subbed in and kept reiterating his perception that his lynching was a foregone conclusion. I maintain it was not, but he kept harping on it all the same. His posts, despite their aggravation, sound like someone who knows he's going down eventually and needs to do some forward planning.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

also hi k2, we all thought you were a goner.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Marmot wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:24 am
K2 wrote:Dearest Mountains,

Hot diggity shit, we actually got one, huh? That's great. Im glad it worked out. I had my doubts.

Now we've got something to work with. The next step is to figure out who was in the closest proximity to JJJ and who might have been distancing from him. You already knew that obviously. That's why we're here after all.

The last night where Jay got lynched would have been the ideal time for his team to bus him, but watching the lynch there wasn't certainty that he was going to die until probably the last hour or so. There's probably a lot to work with there. Watch out for anyone who seemed to actively push non-Jay options.

We should also scour his posts for clues and of course keep in mind that by the start of day 4 he must have already had some idea that he'd be lynched. Don't forget that Jay was involved in two separate lynches. That's twice as much content to analyze whilst searching for his teammates.

K2's top choices for possible JJJ partners are: Cbob, Sig, LC, Quin, and maybe DDL. I might have put Kylemii on that list as well but Kyle's been reading as authentic to me lately with his attempts to find JJJ's teammates. I have a feeling that Epi/Kyle is civ/civ. I would like to kindly request that they lay off each other for maybe a cycle and focus on other players.

Additionally, K2 thinks Jay's flip should clear Dunya and Epig from suspicion.

K2 thinks the long entry period of this game ending with the lynch of their comrade paired with the civvie trust pool we've already established must weigh on the hearts and minds of the mafia. Keep an eye out for players with weakened morale.

With all this in mind, K2 thinks the best lynch for day 5 would be CBob but K2 is open to suggestions.

Gonna finish off with a fun mountain fact:

Did you know mountains are the largest living land animal? They're not. Mountains aren't animals, you fool. You imbecile. Not all of them even live on land. Ever heard of underwater volcanoes? Get out of my sight. Learn some fucking science and then get back to me. I bet you didn't even understand that really clever meatier shower joke that I made earlier. Who do you think you are?

Anyway that's all for this issue of K2 magazine. Sorry for the day of silence. Hopefully you'll be hearing from me again soon, unless I die, get roleblocked, have my broadcast hijacked by Chimbarazoa, or just forget to send a PM again... Let's all do our best and keep killing those tiny mountains!

With Love,
K2
The mail came late today, pa.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 781
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

colonialbob wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:59 am@kyle no. I'm fact I'll switch over to him, I do think he's mafia especially after he no-showed today. So vote mal .
that's actually not what i meant...
colonialbob wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:43 am Why would it?

A) I'm not bad
B) if I'm mafia why am I trying to save a teammate who can't even be bothered to show up to defend himself
point B is only applicable if you assume that Malakim will definitely flip mafia, or at least you're moderately sure, and/or if you've been actively doing something to defend Malakim.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:27 am

I think it's too late in the Day (funny, since there are hours left of it) to concern ourselves with lynching colonialbob. My opinion of him will fall into the lowest valley if malakim2099 is shown to be bad.

Bear in mind, however, that malakim2099 subbed in and kept reiterating his perception that his lynching was a foregone conclusion. I maintain it was not, but he kept harping on it all the same. His posts, despite their aggravation, sound like someone who knows he's going down eventually and needs to do some forward planning.
I'm not planning or expecting any late push against bob. Mal's lynch looks like it's close to being set in stone (there's a first time for everything) and the more I look at it the less I'm inclined to resist. But that doesn't mean those of us who are still awake can't talk about Bob and others.

For the sake of clarity, why would malakim flipping bad paint bob in a negative light?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

K2 funny
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:29 am
For the sake of clarity, why would malakim flipping bad paint bob in a negative light?
It's in that big post I made up there.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

I usually save my vote til the last second so I can bask in that sweet sweet voter's anxiety but............. 6 hours.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

dunya wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:43 pm what time is eod here now? I'm getting really confused.
Really late. My schedule has been wackadoodle lately. :omg:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:32 am
I guess that suffices. Do you have any thoughts on bob's response to that?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm having a bourbon and going to bed. Some bitches got work, then the work after work, and then three hours of rehearsal. Did just that today and get to do it all over again tomorrow.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'm a little relieved this lynch is a runaway because I want to defiantly leave my vote on bob all day, but if the poll was close I'd have to switch to mal to prevent vote shenanigans.
I give this lynch my blessing but I ain't moving my vote.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:38 am
He didn't really respond to that.

I'll throw this out there.

If anyone had a motive to kill Jack, it would be you- not so much because Jack suspected you, but because he was being suspected, and if he were lynched and was shown to be the role that stopped the lynch the Day you almost got lynched, it could have proved calamitous for you.

There.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

tempted to vote for "this person cannot be voted for"
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:40 am

If anyone had a motive to kill Jack, it would be you- not so much because Jack suspected you, but because he was being suspected, and if he were lynched and was shown to be the role that stopped the lynch the Day you almost got lynched, it could have proved calamitous for you.

There.
One of the first things that crossed my mind when Jack died was that I was being framed, but I usually stay far away from nightkill analysis because it's not a thing I'm good at.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

whoa K2 is back! well that changes a couple things I thought haha
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:43 am tempted to vote for "this person cannot be voted for"
I... didn't even realize that was an option.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:45 am
Kylemii wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:43 am tempted to vote for "this person cannot be voted for"
well according to itself, it's not an option
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

It's in the place of Epignosis, meaning Epi was removed from the poll.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:47 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:45 am
well according to itself, it's not an option
It's me.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

These are the posts I was looking for Epi's response to, if anyone else wants to comment. I can only see bob as scum at this point, so if anyone sees these as honest, natural townie posts, please tell me so.
colonialbob wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:43 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:39 am I was already coming around to putting a vote down on malakim, but if his badness would get people to start listening to my rants about colonialbob then that just about settles it.
Why would it?

A) I'm not bad
B) if I'm mafia why am I trying to save a teammate who can't even be bothered to show up to defend himself
colonialbob wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:59 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:49 am
colonialbob wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:43 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:39 am I was already coming around to putting a vote down on malakim, but if his badness would get people to start listening to my rants about colonialbob then that just about settles it.
Why would it?

A) I'm not bad
A) Yeah you are
B) For thr numbers and the chance to make this statement and because that's how Mafia works.
Fine, I'm done arguing with you, because what always happens is I explain myself and you go "no I don't believe you" and I shrug because how does one defend themselves against that.

And no that's a stupid defense because even I don't actually think anybody is going to swap off mal, he's been a primary suspect for a while and most people are already asleep. Meanwhile Quin does the same thing yesterday (voting Epi? Lolcomethefuckon) and... you say nothing. Frustrating.

I need to be done tonight. See y'all after the flip.

Linki: @Epi I hadn't read your post when I posted that, just Sloonei's (tbh I just skimmed your post even after that). If you're suspicious of me because mal's interactions with me, that's fine and a different kettle of fish.

@kyle no. I'm fact I'll switch over to him, I do think he's mafia especially after he no-showed today. So vote mal .

And stepping away now. Good night everybody.
He then dropped a vote on mal and ran (not that I blame him for running. It's bedtime everywhere). I'll need to look at how these posts fit into his general presence here today, but in the moment these were a couple of alarmingly defensive posts.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

[bold]I voted Mal btw[/bold]
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 464

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:44 am
Epignosis wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:40 am

There.
One of the first things that crossed my mind when Jack died was that I was being framed, but I usually stay far away from nightkill analysis because it's not a thing I'm good at.
I've been waiting for someone to make the 'Quin killed Jack to shut him up' argument all day.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 320
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I know malakim from HCRealms, and it would be great to have him over here playing more games. I might have been hesitant to vote him out, but for the fact that he seems to have forgotten about this game. Clearly he's the one, I'll throw my vote on the pile.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Okay, that's all for me, thanks.

Good night and good luck.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 485
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

- Wakes up
- Sees 9 people in the same wagon as me

Imma go have breakfast
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

So..

Upside of new deadline: I can be here in EoD
Downside of new EoD: Nobody else can, so if I want to change the lynch it's extremely hard.

(now that I want to change this particular lynch)
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

CFD on cbob?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

just kidding :)
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

*kylemii*
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Nah just kidding. Votes back.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 464

Post by Quin »

We could totally almost do it if we wanted to though.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

idk why i'm still up it's not like the post is gonna go up exactly at 2:43
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Marmot was active one and a halfhour ago.

It's possible he went to bed.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 497

Post by speedchuck »

hrm

I agree that cBob's posts looked overly defensive concerning Malakim for no reason.

Epi is joining the tinfoil sloonei train. Keikaku doori. Does anyoe have experience with scum!sloonei? (JJJ probably does, but he scum and dead)
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:10 am hrm

I agree that cBob's posts looked overly defensive concerning Malakim for no reason.

Epi is joining the tinfoil sloonei train. Keikaku doori. Does anyoe have experience with scum!sloonei? (JJJ probably does, but he scum and dead)
Street Fighter is my only significant experience as scum on here. My only other recent scum performance was the champs game where I met Jackofhearts 2 years ago.

Other than that we're going back to ancient history on RYM. Dunya might have stories.

This is my 558th post.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Re: Mountain Mafia [NIGHT 5]

Post by Marmot »

DAY 5 ENDS
malakim2099 has been lynched. He was...

Chimborazo, Ecuador (6,268 m) - While Chimborazo is not nearly as tall as Everest or some other peaks, it does hold the distinction of its summit being the farthest point on the Earth from the Earth’s center. As such, Chimborazo may borrow a power from any Earthly mountain taller than it each night.

It is now Night 5. You have until 21:00 MST to submit your night actions. Apologies for the short night period, but I'm trying to get things back on schedule. If anyone has any qualms, I can bump the night period back.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

:sigh:
Can we lynch bob now?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

champs game
Street Fighter

For anyone who wants to compare me to my past scumself.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:28 am :sigh:
Can we lynch bob now?
Does malakim's flip affect your read of bob at all?

Why were you so against voting Malakim?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:48 am
Can we lynch bob now?

Bob is my strongest suspect independent of all players without 3 J's in their name.

I supported the lynch by the end of the day, but I opposed it initially for two reasons: malakim's reaction to the janitored nightkills looked like authentic surprise which I did not think made sense coming from a player who would have had a hand in the killings. And the argument that "Jay lynched Mesk to save Dom/mal" on Day 3 was stupid.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:52 am
Can we lynch bob now?

Bob is my strongest suspect independent of all players without 3 J's in their name.

I supported the lynch by the end of the day, but I opposed it initially for two reasons: malakim's reaction to the janitored nightkills looked like authentic surprise which I did not think made sense coming from a player who would have had a hand in the killings. And the argument that "Jay lynched Mesk to save Dom/mal" on Day 3 was stupid.
But you still wouldn't vote for him.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:58 am
Can we lynch bob now?

Indeed. I did not need to. I made a post about this.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

It's the first one on this page.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:02 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:58 am
Can we lynch bob now?

Indeed. I did not need to. I made a post about this.
:dark: linki: I know, I saw it. I don't like it. Looking at your other mafia game that I was in with you, you're still meta-town, but I dislike that post.

Say, if cbob is town, who will you suspect next?
How about if he's scum?

I don't like independent suspects. Our baddies are not bad in a vacuum.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Bob was my top suspect prior to Jay becoming my top suspect, and then when I ISO'd Jay's interactions for new suspects, Bob was my top suspect again. He's not an indepdent suspect. It's largelt dependent on his relationship with the confirmed scum player.

I don't know who would be next. One of sig/inh could be bad, but there's nothing to go off of there. Long Con is a player I don't have good feelings about, but I have not looked closely at him yet.

What do you not like about my post?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Mountain Mafia [NIGHT 4]

Post by Sloonei »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:01 am Because I suspect I might be dead after tonight, here's a rainbow:

Epignosis
nutella
dunya
Elohcin

Jackofhearts2005
Quin
malakim2099
Kylemii
Dragon D. Luffy
speedchuck

DrWilgy
insertnamehere
sig

Long Con
colonialbob

I'm not as confident in the majority of these reads as I'd normally be at this stage in a game, but 24 hour cycles are much more fast-paced than I am used to (even if there have been a couple of delays in this one), and the overall lack of verifiable information circulating in the thread makes this a difficult atmosphere for problem-solving at the moment. If I remain alive, a lot of these reads would be likely to shift all over the place, I'm sure.
THAT SAID, with regards to the work I've done during this night phase to parse through everything Jay said and analyze the relationships he had with various players in this thread is something that I approached with a good deal of confidence. Jay is the person I've played more games of mafia with than anyone else on the planet by a long shot. I think I have a good grasp of how he plays and thinks about the game, so I felt I had a pretty good sense of the direction he would likely have gone in under the heavy scrutiny he faced over the last phase and a half that he was alive. My theories and my investigation were tailored to him specifically, so I hope they hold some merit. That is not to say my word should be taken as gospel, but Jay is a player I think I am capable of reading well so I feel good about the observations I have made.

Besides that, this has been a chaotic, messy, lovely game. I've felt completely lost at times and that feeling still has not gone away completely. So approach my general reads with caution, if at all.
this was prior to the start of day 5.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”