Total votes: 16
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 485
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Mountain Mafia [NIGHT 5]

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

On the Bob thing.

I don't feel anything bad about Bob. But so far I've just read Sloonei's posts and thought "he had a point". I agree with Sloonei's points, but not hard enough to think Bob is definite scum. I'm suspecting Bob by proxy. But I don't want to ISO Bob myself because I'll probably just confirmation bias my way into voting him.

But while I was showering now, I had a thought. It's weird that Sloonei is tunneling so hard on Bob and yet nobody else is caring too much. There have been some skirmishes with Bob here and there, but hardly anybody voicing a strong suspicion on him. Maybe Jack, but Jack suspected everyone. Sloonei made a mega post about Bob on Day 2 and only I voted with him. He did it again on Day 4 and we went for Malakim.

And this is where I put my tinfoil hat and think "if Bob is a civ, baddies would have seized this chance by now". I mean, look at the malakim lynch. Resistance to it was pitiful. Scum probably either voted for malakim or made sure not to oppose it too hard.

So guys, let's put this on the table. Sloonei believes Bob is bad, and seems to believe harder than anyone believes in anything in this game. How are the rest of you reading Bob? Do you see yourselves lynching Bob tomorrow? Opinions, please.

[mention]speedchuck[/mention]
[mention]dunya[/mention]
[mention]Epignosis[/mention]
[mention]nutella[/mention]
[mention]Elohcin[/mention]
[mention]sig[/mention]
[mention]insertnamehere[/mention]
[mention]DrWilgy[/mention]
[mention]Long Con[/mention]
[mention]Kylemii[/mention]
[mention]Quin[/mention]
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

It's just unsettling that Sloonei is tunneling Bob this hard, and yet is alone in this. I studied calculus, and I know this kind of lapse in continuity doesn't happen naturally. Something is fishy here.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Although, this might be too much tinfoiling since the fact is there are only 3 baddies so most people doing things like ignoring Bob and jumping on Malakim are, in fact, civs. Jury is out on how much mafia can influence the general opinion of the thread.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:46 pm On the Bob thing.

I don't feel anything bad about Bob. But so far I've just read Sloonei's posts and thought "he had a point". I agree with Sloonei's points, but not hard enough to think Bob is definite scum. I'm suspecting Bob by proxy. But I don't want to ISO Bob myself because I'll probably just confirmation bias my way into voting him.

But while I was showering now, I had a thought. It's weird that Sloonei is tunneling so hard on Bob and yet nobody else is caring too much. There have been some skirmishes with Bob here and there, but hardly anybody voicing a strong suspicion on him. Maybe Jack, but Jack suspected everyone. Sloonei made a mega post about Bob on Day 2 and only I voted with him. He did it again on Day 4 and we went for Malakim.

And this is where I put my tinfoil hat and think "if Bob is a civ, baddies would have seized this chance by now". I mean, look at the malakim lynch. Resistance to it was pitiful. Scum probably either voted for malakim or made sure not to oppose it too hard.

So guys, let's put this on the table. Sloonei believes Bob is bad, and seems to believe harder than anyone believes in anything in this game. How are the rest of you reading Bob? Do you see yourselves lynching Bob tomorrow? Opinions, please.
I've been tossing the same thought around, but surely we can't say that the general lack of attention he's received outside of me is indicative of all other players being scum. At most there can be only two others. But you put a spin on it that gives me an added confidence: I'm a big loud doofus and I won't shut up about Bob. If I'm wrong about him, it would be very easy for a scum player to apply a little pressure as well and hope that the dominos might fall. That has not happened. I feel like I've been screaming into a vacuum.

I've been waiting (practically begging) for somebody to make this post all game. Thank you.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Well shit. That result is disappointing. And specifically the Chimborazo flip kills a few of my theories on what happened on day 2... but I think there are still more sloonei-civ explanations that make more sense than sloonei-bad ones.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:53 pm

I've been tossing the same thought around, but surely we can't say that the general lack of attention he's received outside of me is indicative of all other players being scum. At most there can be only two others. But you put a spin on it that gives me an added confidence: I'm a big loud doofus and I won't shut up about Bob. If I'm wrong about him, it would be very easy for a scum player to apply a little pressure as well and hope that the dominos might fall. That has not happened. I feel like I've been screaming into a vacuum.

I've been waiting (practically begging) for somebody to make this post all game. Thank you.
The possibility exists that DDL is scum and is doing this very thing right now. If that's the case, it's a pretty bad ass move and a slick way to frame it. I'd give him major props and then never trust him again.
I think it's unlikely that this is the case.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:57 pm Well shit. That result is disappointing. And specifically the Chimborazo flip kills a few of my theories on what happened on day 2... but I think there are still more sloonei-civ explanations that make more sense than sloonei-bad ones.
Why am I central to malakim's flip?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 497

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:01 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:57 pm Well shit. That result is disappointing. And specifically the Chimborazo flip kills a few of my theories on what happened on day 2... but I think there are still more sloonei-civ explanations that make more sense than sloonei-bad ones.
You aren't Chimborazo. Nutella is puzzling out your D2 survival if Jack is town and you weren't Chimborazo.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:05 pm
You aren't Chimborazo. Nutella is puzzling out your D2 survival if Jack is town and you weren't Chimborazo.
We're getting close to an area in which I can't involve myself, so I'll just ask why I would have been Chimborazo and then pretend this conversation isn't happening.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:00 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:53 pm

The possibility exists that DDL is scum and is doing this very thing right now. If that's the case, it's a pretty bad ass move and a slick way to frame it. I'd give him major props and then never trust him again.
I think it's unlikely that this is the case.
I wish I was this good. :scared:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:10 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:05 pm
We're getting close to an area in which I can't involve myself, so I'll just ask why I would have been Chimborazo and then pretend this conversation isn't happening.
D2 lynch survival. Either you or Jack had some way to survive or the lynch was stopped, IIRC. Rolespec. I know you can't comment on that. :P
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 396

Post by Epignosis »

The only way Sloonei is bad is if he got unbelievably lucky Day 2.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 320
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I feel like you are treating this additional information, which could be a crucial piece to solving the game and/or nailing down Sloonei's alignment, as a negative. Sure, lynching a Civ is not good, but this knowledge might help us win.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

But while I was showering now, I had a thought. It's weird that Sloonei is tunneling so hard on Bob and yet nobody else is caring too much....

For the record, I always considered myself as potentially following a bob lynch, based on a leap of faith in Sloonei's ability... but I never felt my skirt blown up by the case against him.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:25 pm
I feel like you are treating this additional information, which could be a crucial piece to solving the game and/or nailing down Sloonei's alignment, as a negative. Sure, lynching a Civ is not good, but this knowledge might help us win.
eeegeeggggghhhhh

And do you consider this to be possibly alignment indicative?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:28 pm
eeegeeggggghhhhh

For whom? :confused:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:37 pm
eeegeeggggghhhhh

nutella
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:41 pm
eeegeeggggghhhhh

nutella
Well, since you brought it up, it moves the needle two hairs from 'Town' to 'Scum' for nutella, based on the idea that a reaction that doesn't seem quite right to me evokes feelings of possible fakery.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 798

Post by dunya »

Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:47 pm
eeegeeggggghhhhh

nutella
Well, since you brought it up, it moves the needle two hairs from 'Town' to 'Scum' for nutella, based on the idea that a reaction that doesn't seem quite right to me evokes feelings of possible fakery.
don't open that can of worms. She's 100% confirmed Townie. :P
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

eeegeeggggghhhhh

nutella
You brought it up bruh. And I didn't like how you did it.

Framing suspicion in a way that town can pick up on, but that doesn't state it directly. I don't like that.
And then nutella's post was obviously lamenting that we got a town flip rather than scum. In most games, a town flip is worst scenario. This game is different, with lynched failing almost half the time, but it's NOT GOOD, even as you said.
And then the way you presented the obversavion, making sure to place yourself as a part of 'us' and reemphasize the bright side and the town win condition.

These weak bits come together to make me feel like you're trying too hard to be the nonchalant townie and fly under the radar while casting shade on nutella.

So, no, I don't like your post. If you had said "no, not alignment indicative" I would have assumed that it was just a post for the sake of posting. But the way you framed your suspicion is sleazy and suspicious. :ponder:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

LC Sloonei Dunya JJJ are wolves. (Somebody reality check me, I know I'm tinfoiling REALLY HARD in this game)
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 464

Post by Quin »

dunya wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:51 pm
eeegeeggggghhhhh

nutella
no she ain't

and neither is sloonei, ftr. I do think he's town though.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:27 pm

But while I was showering now, I had a thought. It's weird that Sloonei is tunneling so hard on Bob and yet nobody else is caring too much....

For the record, I always considered myself as potentially following a bob lynch, based on a leap of faith in Sloonei's ability... but I never felt my skirt blown up by the case against him.
^I feel similarly re: bob
eeegeeggggghhhhh

nutella
LC this is bullshit and you know it, lol. Of course I'm disappointed that we lynched a townie. But you're right, the flip is interesting information, which is exactly what I was puzzling out in that post.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:01 pm LC Sloonei Dunya JJJ are wolves. (Somebody reality check me, I know I'm tinfoiling REALLY HARD in this game)
:haha:

*gives you reality check*

please, come back to reality.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I really don't understand how my post, which uses the information of the flip to deduce possibilities for another player's alignment, disregards that the flip is useful information for solving the game. What planet are you on? :confused:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Quin wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:13 pm

eeegeeggggghhhhh

nutella
no she ain't

you say you do think Sloonei is town (I do too). Do you think nutella is town?

Because people alienated me when I suspected her... :shrug:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:00 pm
eeegeeggggghhhhh

nutella

Framing suspicion in a way that town can pick up on, but that doesn't state it directly. I don't like that.
And then nutella's post was obviously lamenting that we got a town flip rather than scum. In most games, a town flip is worst scenario. This game is different, with lynched failing almost half the time, but it's NOT GOOD, even as you said.
And then the way you presented the obversavion, making sure to place yourself as a part of 'us' and reemphasize the bright side and the town win condition.

These weak bits come together to make me feel like you're trying too hard to be the nonchalant townie and fly under the radar while casting shade on nutella.

So, no, I don't like your post. If you had said "no, not alignment indicative" I would have assumed that it was just a post for the sake of posting. But the way you framed your suspicion is sleazy and suspicious. :ponder:
:ponder:

are you being intentionally hypocritical in this post?

I found LC's triggered alarms not without cause, just as I appreciated Sloonei even doubting DDL's sincerity in his Bob case (which he's been begging us all for).
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

dunya wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:28 pm

eeegeeggggghhhhh

nutella
no she ain't

She's statistically likely to be town. She'd be a suspect outside of that.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

dunya wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:29 pm

eeegeeggggghhhhh

nutella

I found LC's triggered alarms not without cause, just as I appreciated Sloonei even doubting DDL's sincerity in his Bob case (which he's been begging us all for).
I am not self-aware. What do you mean by this?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Quin wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:31 pm

nutella
no she ain't

You were clear when you said you think Sloonei is town. Are you basing nutella's towniness on her survival Day 1?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

dunya wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:40 pm

nutella
no she ain't

You were clear when you said you think Sloonei is town. Are you basing nutella's towniness on her survival Day 1?
I am. Have you read the arguments made there?
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:27 pm I really don't understand how my post, which uses the information of the flip to deduce possibilities for another player's alignment, disregards that the flip is useful information for solving the game. What planet are you on? :confused:
Mars, perhaps
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Quin wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:43 pm

no she ain't

I have. So why aren't you more convinced if you feel the arguments all align in her favor?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:45 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:27 pm I really don't understand how my post, which uses the information of the flip to deduce possibilities for another player's alignment, disregards that the flip is useful information for solving the game. What planet are you on? :confused:
Mars, perhaps
:shrug:

Mars can live, Mars can thrive. Mars is on our side.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

dunya wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:45 pm
Quin wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:43 pm
no she ain't

I have. So why aren't you more convinced if you feel the arguments all align in her favor?
Because she only looks good mechanically. And some applicable roles point to someone else's towniness, not her own.
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:34 pm

eeegeeggggghhhhh

nutella

well, LC suspected nutella's reaction as being fake. (that's my new least favorite word by the way, especially by how many times Jack would use it in a post directed to me: FAKE)
You suspected LC's suspicion as framing and being fake.

Both cases take language used and reactions we personally have to the way words were framed.

I didn't find LC's suspicions fake. You didn't find nutella's reaction fake.

Why can you suspect LC for feeling suspicious, but we can't suspect you for feeling suspicious over LC's suspicion? Is there something you know that we don't know?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

dunya wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:54 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:34 pm

nutella

well, LC suspected nutella's reaction as being fake. (that's my new least favorite word by the way, especially by how many times Jack would use it in a post directed to me: FAKE)
You suspected LC's suspicion as framing and being fake.

Both cases take language used and reactions we personally have to the way words were framed.

I didn't find LC's suspicions fake. You didn't find nutella's reaction fake.

Why can you suspect LC for feeling suspicious, but we can't suspect you for feeling suspicious over LC's suspicion? Is there something you know that we don't know?
one could say you're trying to take a general observation made by LC and trying to hyperbole on it and frame him.

:mafia:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I'm just saying, a healthy dose of suspicion directed at anyone is a good thing.

Tunneling is not.

No one knows each other's roles or alignments, heck even our "cop" role is a shot in the dark. So unless you have BTSC, anything can trigger a bad feeling if you're town.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Ah, well see, the difference is that I was up-front about it. I disliked the WAY LC made his point, not the point itself. And I outright called it suspicious instead of hemming and hawwing about it. And I don't, I hope, seem as fake and concerned about appearances as LC did.

You're confusing the point with the tone of the point. LC can suspect nutella if he wants to. But he should be more bold and less passive/hidey.

Though . . . are you suspecting me for my 'fake' reaction to LC's 'fake' reaction to nutella's 'fake' reaction? :haha:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

linki: I'm pretty sure what I'm doing in this game right now is not tunnelling.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:06 pm linki: I'm pretty sure what I'm doing in this game right now is not tunnelling.
I didn't say you were. :disappoint:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I don't want to spend time arguing about hyperbole anyway. I see your point. I made mine. I should focus in tasks at hand and stop getting sidelined into current events :p
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

on*
sidetracked*

i hate the no edit rule
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Tunneling has its uses.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I think other people sometimes fake tunnel, and that's good. But when we get wrapped up in one person, it's counterproductive since we have a large range of suspects (literally 3 out there so this person is not the first and last). But I understand sometimes we don't know where to move from where we are and we believe this person being confirmed scum will help us move on and see the rest of the picture.

I'm just a terrible tunneler.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I have a couple of issues with some of the things Long Con said on the last page.
This is not the sense that I got from nutella's post. That in itself is not a reason for suspicion. But it's not exactly encouraging that this whole conversation is staring off on what could be read as a soft attempt to scrutinize nutella for a point which (I think) does not really exist. I took her negative response to be purely toward Mal's town flip, and the remarks about needing to reconsider Day 2 activities was an afterthought. LC seems to have conflated the two together. I'm only highlighting this here because it's the foundation of the conversation that would ensue, and by my judgment nutella is clearly the subject.
Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:27 pm

This is a separate thought, but again one that alarmed me a little. He qualifies himself a bit too carefully here. "For the record, I always considered myself as potentially...". That's three different expressions of hesitation. A confident townie could just as easily have said "I could also follow Sloonei on a bob lynch", but LC here took a whole lot of extra time getting that leap of faith out.
Also not a big fan of the way he sets up the hypothetical Bob vote in such a way that the responsibility is placed significantly on my shoulders rather than his own.
eeegeeggggghhhhh

nutella
The highlighted section reflects the same attitude I just talked about above. Unless I'm misreading this whole exchange, Speedchuck did not bring this topic up, or else what was Long Con's initial post even supposed to mean? These posts just feel like we're pulling teeth to get reads out of Long Con. That's not something I associate with town behavior.

So yeah. There's that.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

dunya wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:34 pm I think other people sometimes fake tunnel, and that's good. But when we get wrapped up in one person, it's counterproductive since we have a large range of suspects (literally 3 out there so this person is not the first and last). But I understand sometimes we don't know where to move from where we are and we believe this person being confirmed scum will help us move on and see the rest of the picture.

I'm just a terrible tunneler.
I deliberately tunnel people sometimes, particularly in ISOs and late in games. If there's a well-concealed scum, it takes stubbornness to reveal them. I'll read everything a person says under the assumption that they're bad and if the pieces fit I can run with it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 206

Post by Elohcin »

@speedchuck
@dunya
@Epignosis
@nutella
@Elohcin
@sig
@insertnamehere
@DrWilgy
@Long Con
@Kylemii
@Quin
I think this is a very good catch. I never thought about his tunneling being an opportunity for the mafia to cling to.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

That observation by DDL might just be the strongest evidence against colonialbob in this entire thread, honestly. I'm psyched about it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 82

Post by DrWilgy »

Hey fam. I'm sorry for my absence, this weekend has been kinda hellish. I saw the lynch results and I'm attempting to catch up again.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?

Return to “Previous Side Missions”