50%

Total votes: 16
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 82

Re: Mountain Mafia [NIGHT 5]

Post by DrWilgy »

[mention]Dragon D. Luffy[/mention]

Regarding Bob, I had a scummy read on him before the JJJ lynch. I can't recall why though. :shrug:
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Can anyone tell me why I have a bad read on Sloonei? I want to see what you think.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 485
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

dunya wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:02 pm I'm just saying, a healthy dose of suspicion directed at anyone is a good thing.

Tunneling is not.

No one knows each other's roles or alignments, heck even our "cop" role is a shot in the dark. So unless you have BTSC, anything can trigger a bad feeling if you're town.
Tunneling is often counter-productive, but it's not necessarily wrong.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 206

Post by Elohcin »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:59 pm Can anyone tell me why I have a bad read on Sloonei? I want to see what you think.
I don't know why you had a bad read on sloonei. But I think the thread has pretty much confirmed him town now. I cannot remember the exact reason why, though. Too much to remember.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Elohcin wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:08 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:59 pm Can anyone tell me why I have a bad read on Sloonei? I want to see what you think.
I don't know why you had a bad read on sloonei. But I think the thread has pretty much confirmed him town now. I cannot remember the exact reason why, though. Too much to remember.
Perhaps I'll find out why tonight.
Image Image Image
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:53 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:46 pm On the Bob thing.

I don't feel anything bad about Bob. But so far I've just read Sloonei's posts and thought "he had a point". I agree with Sloonei's points, but not hard enough to think Bob is definite scum. I'm suspecting Bob by proxy. But I don't want to ISO Bob myself because I'll probably just confirmation bias my way into voting him.

But while I was showering now, I had a thought. It's weird that Sloonei is tunneling so hard on Bob and yet nobody else is caring too much. There have been some skirmishes with Bob here and there, but hardly anybody voicing a strong suspicion on him. Maybe Jack, but Jack suspected everyone. Sloonei made a mega post about Bob on Day 2 and only I voted with him. He did it again on Day 4 and we went for Malakim.

And this is where I put my tinfoil hat and think "if Bob is a civ, baddies would have seized this chance by now". I mean, look at the malakim lynch. Resistance to it was pitiful. Scum probably either voted for malakim or made sure not to oppose it too hard.

So guys, let's put this on the table. Sloonei believes Bob is bad, and seems to believe harder than anyone believes in anything in this game. How are the rest of you reading Bob? Do you see yourselves lynching Bob tomorrow? Opinions, please.
I've been tossing the same thought around, but surely we can't say that the general lack of attention he's received outside of me is indicative of all other players being scum. At most there can be only two others. But you put a spin on it that gives me an added confidence: I'm a big loud doofus and I won't shut up about Bob. If I'm wrong about him, it would be very easy for a scum player to apply a little pressure as well and hope that the dominos might fall. That has not happened. I feel like I've been screaming into a vacuum.

I've been waiting (practically begging) for somebody to make this post all game. Thank you.
Alternatively, why rush it because clearly you're going to push. No sense in pushing much yesterday, let Mal get lynched. Day off for scum, easy-street. Then let you push on me Day 5, that's 2 days in a row of the biggest suspect presumably not being mafia. There's been a lot of people saying "yeah I buy your case Sloonei" but not many saying "I read him as bad independent of you" (save Epi, but that was largely related to a scum Mal).
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:25 pm Tunneling has its uses.
*makes the sign of the cross*
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:38 pm That observation by DDL might just be the strongest evidence against colonialbob in this entire thread, honestly. I'm psyched about it.
What do you think about my response?

(Well I have a feeling I know what you think but I'm curious what others think)

((Also WIFOM but if I'm town and mafia is laying off me specifically to have somebody make that point...))

(((i spent the last few years building up an immunity to tunneling)))
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

I think DDL's observation would be much stronger "evidence" against Bob had Mal flipped bad. But Mal was town, and by far an easier wagon for baddies to latch onto. :shrug: Idk, I guess I'm still undecided on Bob, but I'm mostly down with lynching him tomorrow... I'm too uncertain of which of my pool of potential suspects are the most likely and I feel like with any of them I'll be afraid of mislynching :sigh:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Actually either way DDL's observation is fairly weak in the face of the Mal wagon. Given how early the lynch was more or less a foregone conclusion (and I think most players knew they wouldn't be around for EOD and were happy piling on Mal early), even if Mal had been bad it would have been far too easy to bus him and I just don't think I could imagine a version of yesterday involving a serious push against the Mal lynch. I honestly think DDL's observation is fairly NAI for Bob considering how the last couple lynches have actually gone down. I think in other situations I would readily agree with Sloonei that it's pretty strong evidence, but in the context of this game specifically I don't think it holds much water.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:52 pm Actually either way DDL's observation is fairly weak in the face of the Mal wagon. Given how early the lynch was more or less a foregone conclusion (and I think most players knew they wouldn't be around for EOD and were happy piling on Mal early), even if Mal had been bad it would have been far too easy to bus him and I just don't think I could imagine a version of yesterday involving a serious push against the Mal lynch. I honestly think DDL's observation is fairly NAI for Bob considering how the last couple lynches have actually gone down. I think in other situations I would readily agree with Sloonei that it's pretty strong evidence, but in the context of this game specifically I don't think it holds much water.
    I started pushing bob on Night 3
    My banners:
    ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
    ImageImageImageImage
    ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
    speedchuck
    Knight of No Renown
    Posts in topic: 497

Post by speedchuck »

I dunno. I listed like 5 reasons in my recent posts. I have a whole tinfoil Sloonei theory.
    SIGNATURE:
    Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
    ImageImageImageImage
    ImageImageImageImage
    ImageImage
    Sloonei
    Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Because ur dumb
    My banners:
    ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
    ImageImageImageImage
    colonialbob
    Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:08 pm
    colonialbob wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:04 pm
    Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:01 pm
    dunya wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:53 pm I've tried to see what Sloonei is seeing in colonialbob, but I'm not seeing it or feeling it.

I think he's a very strong intuitive player. In Pirates, he was a force not to be reckoned with and that was as a replacement.

If I'm wrong, Sloonei, then I'm wrong and owe you an apology. I've been wrong in this game before *jack ahem*, but I feel if you lay off bob for a day and look for the other two, you can see if you still feel the same way about Bob later.
    I already laid off Bob while we looked wt Jay. I'm leaving the door wide open for him or anyone else to convince me I'm wrong. I am tunneling on him, but I want to be shown that I'm wrong if that's the case. I can't see it.
    also: colonial bong
    All I'm asking is that you spend the night world-building those scenarios. Assuming I'm mafia, who are my teammates and who looks town. Assuming I'm town, who looks worse and who looks better. You can't lynch me until tomorrow anyway, might as well spend some of that time doing something productive instead of just repeating how bad I am.
    I don't like doing interactive reads for living players except in rare cases where I'm 99-100% certain they're bad.
    Why?
    Long Con
    So Divine
    Posts in topic: 320
    Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:00 pm
    Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:47 pm
    speedchuck wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:41 pm
    Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:37 pm
    speedchuck wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:28 pm
    Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:25 pm
    nutella wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:57 pm Well shit. That result is disappointing. And specifically the Chimborazo flip kills a few of my theories on what happened on day 2... but I think there are still more sloonei-civ explanations that make more sense than sloonei-bad ones.
    I feel like you are treating this additional information, which could be a crucial piece to solving the game and/or nailing down Sloonei's alignment, as a negative. Sure, lynching a Civ is not good, but this knowledge might help us win.
    eeegeeggggghhhhh

And do you consider this to be possibly alignment indicative?
    For whom? :confused:
    nutella
    Well, since you brought it up, it moves the needle two hairs from 'Town' to 'Scum' for nutella, based on the idea that a reaction that doesn't seem quite right to me evokes feelings of possible fakery.
    You brought it up bruh. And I didn't like how you did it.

Framing suspicion in a way that town can pick up on, but that doesn't state it directly. I don't like that.
    And then nutella's post was obviously lamenting that we got a town flip rather than scum. In most games, a town flip is worst scenario. This game is different, with lynched failing almost half the time, but it's NOT GOOD, even as you said.
    And then the way you presented the obversavion, making sure to place yourself as a part of 'us' and reemphasize the bright side and the town win condition.

These weak bits come together to make me feel like you're trying too hard to be the nonchalant townie and fly under the radar while casting shade on nutella.

So, no, I don't like your post. If you had said "no, not alignment indicative" I would have assumed that it was just a post for the sake of posting. But the way you framed your suspicion is sleazy and suspicious. :ponder:
    I didn't bring up suspicion of nutella. My post wasn't about suspecting nutella. I didn't "frame" anything, and anyone who "picked up on it" was reading it wrong.

Yes, part of nutella's post was "obviously lamenting" that mal was town. There was nothing in my post denying that lynching a Civ is bad, or that nutella thought so.

You would prefer that a player always use the third-person "the Civs" rather than "us" unless they're Confirmed Civ? :rolleyes:

I agree, these bits are weak. Weak as hell, I dare say! :noble: You are so way off, I'm not trying too hard at anything right now. My nonchalance is pure, natural cool, my friend. I haven't seen "under the radar" in a Mafia game since 2012, so nuh-uh... and I would not want to cast shade on the unique and colourful flower that is nutella.

tl;dr "You're way off from the get-go, dude."

I'll respond to the rest of you suckas in separate posts.
    Long Con
    So Divine

Post by Long Con »

nutella wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:26 pmLC this is bullshit and you know it, lol. Of course I'm disappointed that we lynched a townie. But you're right, the flip is interesting information, which is exactly what I was puzzling out in that post.
    Ok, first off, here's what I see:
    nutella wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:26 pmLC this is bullshit, but you're right...
    But let's dissect the whole thing to make sure I'm understanding.

1. What is bullshit, if I'm right? Are you talking about speedchuck's idea that I'm suspecting you for something? In that case, I agree 100% - that's bullshit, and I do indeed know it.

2. Where did I imply that lynching a townie is ok? Of course you're disappointed we lynched a townie. I know that. What I didn't understand was your negativity toward the Chim-whatever flip killing certain theories. That's a good thing.

To put it another way: Your post would have made more sense to me if it had looked like this:
    alternatenutella wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:57 pm Well shit. That result is disappointing. On the flip side, the Chimborazo flip kills a few of my theories on what happened on day 2... but I think there are still more sloonei-civ explanations that make more sense than sloonei-bad ones.
    Very slight difference, but it highlights your feelings on the info in a totally different way.
    Epignosis
    Skeletor
    Posts in topic: 396

Post by Epignosis »

Quin wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:13 pm
    dunya wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:51 pm
    don't open that can of worms. She's 100% confirmed Townie. :P
    no she ain't

Fine. She's not.

Is she confirmed not-Mafia?
    Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
    speedchuck
    Knight of No Renown
    Posts in topic: 497

Post by speedchuck »

Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:51 pm I didn't bring up suspicion of nutella. My post wasn't about suspecting nutella.
    This is exactly my point. If not that, then what was it about??
    SIGNATURE:
    Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
    ImageImageImageImage
    ImageImageImageImage
    ImageImage
    nutella
    Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:10 pm
      nutella wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:52 pm Actually either way DDL's observation is fairly weak in the face of the Mal wagon. Given how early the lynch was more or less a foregone conclusion (and I think most players knew they wouldn't be around for EOD and were happy piling on Mal early), even if Mal had been bad it would have been far too easy to bus him and I just don't think I could imagine a version of yesterday involving a serious push against the Mal lynch. I honestly think DDL's observation is fairly NAI for Bob considering how the last couple lynches have actually gone down. I think in other situations I would readily agree with Sloonei that it's pretty strong evidence, but in the context of this game specifically I don't think it holds much water.
      So? Notice how I said "how the last couple lynches have gone" -- Day 4 also went down in such a way that I'm not surprised there wasn't more of a push against bob.
      Long Con wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:04 am
      nutella wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:26 pmLC this is bullshit and you know it, lol. Of course I'm disappointed that we lynched a townie. But you're right, the flip is interesting information, which is exactly what I was puzzling out in that post.

1. What is bullshit, if I'm right? Are you talking about speedchuck's idea that I'm suspecting you for something? In that case, I agree 100% - that's bullshit, and I do indeed know it.

2. Where did I imply that lynching a townie is ok? Of course you're disappointed we lynched a townie. I know that. What I didn't understand was your negativity toward the Chim-whatever flip killing certain theories. That's a good thing.

To put it another way: Your post would have made more sense to me if it had looked like this:
      alternatenutella wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:57 pm Well shit. That result is disappointing. On the flip side, the Chimborazo flip kills a few of my theories on what happened on day 2... but I think there are still more sloonei-civ explanations that make more sense than sloonei-bad ones.
      Very slight difference, but it highlights your feelings on the info in a totally different way.
      This is such a waste of time. If you believe I'm town why are you putting time and effort into this incredibly anal argument rather than hunting scum? I'll answer just because your points don't make any sense and I stand for nothing if not truth and clarity.

1. The bullshit was your claim that I was being overly negative. I expressed a negative reaction to the result, which we seem to agree is warranted. I then expressed that the result affected some thoughts I had on roles/mechanics/previous game events. Maybe part of the disappointment carried over just in that I had thought I had Day 2/some roles figured out and was disappointed that I was wrong. But since I stated my conclusion that I still think Sloonei is most likely town, it didn't end up making that huge a difference either way.

2. Where did I imply that you implied that lynching a townie is ok? Wtf? I do not even understand what is prompting your question. Nowhere did I imply that you implied that. And again, you are greatly exaggerating my "negativity" in the rest of my comment. Your rephrase does nothing for me and I stand by the way I phrased it as making more sense in my mind. Like I said, it's reasonable that I would have been somewhat disappointed to find out that I was wrong, not to mention somewhat disappointed at the loss of the specific town role that we had lynched in addition to the fact that we lynched a townie. And I will admit that the rest of my post is the result of a thought process that I didn't write out -- for a few minutes I was thinking that the Chimborazo flip made Sloonei much more likely to be bad, but another look through the roles reminded me of other town possibilities for him and Jack (fwiw I had thought Jack was Chimborazo, not Sloonei, but it connects don't worry too much about it).

Anyway I'm done with this conversation and with your empty nitpicky nonsense. It's distracting from actually solving the game. What do you think about bob?
      Image Image Image Image
      Image Image
      Long Con
      So Divine

Post by Long Con »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:29 am
      Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:51 pm I didn't bring up suspicion of nutella. My post wasn't about suspecting nutella.
      This is exactly my point. If not that, then what was it about??
      I don't understand your confusion, it's a pretty simple interaction, and it has been explained already. I'll try putting it yet another way, in the hopes that you understand.

I saw the malakim role flip, and I thought "Cool, this role was involved in some earlier theories - now that we know it was mal, some of these theories will tighten up considerably, becoming closer to *solved*."

nutella saw the role flip, and expressed disappointment, specifically about the way that Chimbroazoa "killed" some earlier theories.

I was like "Yo nut, that ain't a bad thing!" That's all. That's "what it was about", and I can't wait for the chance to pick apart some innocuous post just because it didn't solve the game.
      Epignosis
      Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

YAWN
      Long Con
      So Divine

Post by Long Con »

nutella wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:38 am
      Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:10 pm
        So? Notice how I said "how the last couple lynches have gone" -- Day 4 also went down in such a way that I'm not surprised there wasn't more of a push against bob.
        Long Con wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:04 am

This is such a waste of time. If you believe I'm town why are you putting time and effort into this incredibly anal argument rather than hunting scum? I'll answer just because your points don't make any sense and I stand for nothing if not truth and clarity.

1. The bullshit was your claim that I was being overly negative. I expressed a negative reaction to the result, which we seem to agree is warranted. I then expressed that the result affected some thoughts I had on roles/mechanics/previous game events. Maybe part of the disappointment carried over just in that I had thought I had Day 2/some roles figured out and was disappointed that I was wrong. But since I stated my conclusion that I still think Sloonei is most likely town, it didn't end up making that huge a difference either way.

2. Where did I imply that you implied that lynching a townie is ok? Wtf? I do not even understand what is prompting your question. Nowhere did I imply that you implied that. And again, you are greatly exaggerating my "negativity" in the rest of my comment. Your rephrase does nothing for me and I stand by the way I phrased it as making more sense in my mind. Like I said, it's reasonable that I would have been somewhat disappointed to find out that I was wrong, not to mention somewhat disappointed at the loss of the specific town role that we had lynched in addition to the fact that we lynched a townie. And I will admit that the rest of my post is the result of a thought process that I didn't write out -- for a few minutes I was thinking that the Chimborazo flip made Sloonei much more likely to be bad, but another look through the roles reminded me of other town possibilities for him and Jack (fwiw I had thought Jack was Chimborazo, not Sloonei, but it connects don't worry too much about it).

Anyway I'm done with this conversation and with your empty nitpicky nonsense. It's distracting from actually solving the game. What do you think about bob?
        Christ. Don't put this on me. There's a short list of players that decided to jump to unsupported conclusions about one sentence I typed. You yourself called it "bullshit". I guess I should just not respond to that kind of thing, sorry for attempting to clarify myself. If you don't want to hear my so-called "empty nitpicky nonsense", then next time, don't ask for it.
        Long Con
        So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:45 pm I have a couple of issues with some of the things Long Con said on the last page.
        nutella wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:57 pm Well shit. That result is disappointing. And specifically the Chimborazo flip kills a few of my theories on what happened on day 2... but I think there are still more sloonei-civ explanations that make more sense than sloonei-bad ones.
        I feel like you are treating this additional information, which could be a crucial piece to solving the game and/or nailing down Sloonei's alignment, as a negative. Sure, lynching a Civ is not good, but this knowledge might help us win.
        This is not the sense that I got from nutella's post. That in itself is not a reason for suspicion. But it's not exactly encouraging that this whole conversation is staring off on what could be read as a soft attempt to scrutinize nutella for a point which (I think) does not really exist. I took her negative response to be purely toward Mal's town flip, and the remarks about needing to reconsider Day 2 activities was an afterthought. LC seems to have conflated the two together. I'm only highlighting this here because it's the foundation of the conversation that would ensue, and by my judgment nutella is clearly the subject.
        Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:27 pm
        Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:46 pm On the Bob thing.

I don't feel anything bad about Bob. But so far I've just read Sloonei's posts and thought "he had a point". I agree with Sloonei's points, but not hard enough to think Bob is definite scum. I'm suspecting Bob by proxy. But I don't want to ISO Bob myself because I'll probably just confirmation bias my way into voting him.

But while I was showering now, I had a thought. It's weird that Sloonei is tunneling so hard on Bob and yet nobody else is caring too much....

For the record, I always considered myself as potentially following a bob lynch, based on a leap of faith in Sloonei's ability... but I never felt my skirt blown up by the case against him.
        This is a separate thought, but again one that alarmed me a little. He qualifies himself a bit too carefully here. "For the record, I always considered myself as potentially...". That's three different expressions of hesitation. A confident townie could just as easily have said "I could also follow Sloonei on a bob lynch", but LC here took a whole lot of extra time getting that leap of faith out.
        Also not a big fan of the way he sets up the hypothetical Bob vote in such a way that the responsibility is placed significantly on my shoulders rather than his own.
        Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:47 pm
        speedchuck wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:41 pm
        Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:37 pm
        speedchuck wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:28 pm
        eeegeeggggghhhhh

And do you consider this to be possibly alignment indicative?
        For whom? :confused:
        nutella
        Well, since you brought it up, it moves the needle two hairs from 'Town' to 'Scum' for nutella, based on the idea that a reaction that doesn't seem quite right to me evokes feelings of possible fakery.
        The highlighted section reflects the same attitude I just talked about above. Unless I'm misreading this whole exchange, Speedchuck did not bring this topic up, or else what was Long Con's initial post even supposed to mean? These posts just feel like we're pulling teeth to get reads out of Long Con. That's not something I associate with town behavior.

So yeah. There's that.
        blah blah blah blah Long Con talk blah
        nutella
        Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

How about you stop dwelling on how useless your content has been and answer my question about bob?
        Image Image Image Image
        Image Image
        Epignosis
        Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I suppose it warrants questioning why you put up so many bullshit accusations against me early on, LC. Buddying Mesk over a legitimate view and colonialbob over lyrics and intimidating Sloonei. Why?

What did you expect to gain from that bullshit?
        Long Con
        So Divine

Post by Long Con »

nutella wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:55 am How about you stop dwelling on how useless your content has been and answer my question about bob?
        If people would stop asking me useless questions, I wouldn't have to answer with so much useless content.

As I said before, I haven't been all that suspicious of bob, but I have noted Sloonei's tunnel, and my level of belief in Sloonei's Civness and Mafia ability will need to inform me on how to proceed, should a bob vote come up. So far, a bob vote hasn't been the focus of any lynch, so, like many other players currently alive, I've kind of put off a strong bob analysis.
        Long Con
        So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:56 am I suppose it warrants questioning why you put up so many bullshit accusations against me early on, LC. Buddying Mesk over a legitimate view and colonialbob over lyrics and intimidating Sloonei. Why?

Helped me get a read on you early. I have never committedly believed you were bad, but it was a possibility. And I do love to help my Civ friends out by casting suspicion their way. I don't really know what you're going to do without my help from here on in.
        Epignosis
        Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:02 am
        Epignosis wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:56 am I suppose it warrants questioning why you put up so many bullshit accusations against me early on, LC. Buddying Mesk over a legitimate view and colonialbob over lyrics and intimidating Sloonei. Why?

Helped me get a read on you early. I have never committedly believed you were bad, but it was a possibility. And I do love to help my Civ friends out by casting suspicion their way. I don't really know what you're going to do without my help from here on in.
        Yeah, well stop helping me.
        Kylemii
        Bodice of Reason
        Posts in topic: 781
        Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

diarmyhowley wrote:guys can we resolve this dispute in a mannerly fashion
        Sloonei
        Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

If I am wrong about Bob, the player I'll be most inclined to look at is Quin. Not because there is any intriguing relationship between them, but because my scum read on bob is more or less foundational to my outlook on this game, and if I am wrong about him then it means my overall perspective has been wrong. The player who I've given the least serious consideration to without totally ruling out is Quin.
        My banners:
        ImageImageImageImage
        Epignosis
        Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con is bad.

He tried to get me lynched Day 1 religiously.

Now he frames that as helping me?

He is taking the piss, as the Brits say.

He had so much vigor early on, but after 3J got lynched, he threw up his hands. That's my take.
        Sloonei
        Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con
        colonialbob
        [an inactive]
        My banners:
        ImageImageImageImage
        Long Con
        So Divine

Post by Long Con »

LOL go for it, and be wrong. It'll be fun. Just promise to win it after I'm gone.
        Kylemii
        Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Long Con wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:29 am LOL go for it, and be wrong. It'll be fun. Just promise to win it after I'm gone.
        i don't like posts like this, or even the general attitude behind these kinds of "appeal to emotion" posts

if you're good it doesn't help anyone to say things like this

and if you're bad it just makes it a little more boring to lynch you
        Marmot
        Marmot
        Posts in topic: 103
        Preferred Pronouns: they/them
        Aka: Marmot

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 6]

Post by Marmot »

DAY 6

Guess what? No mountain was harmed on this evening,

No one has died. It is now Day 6. You have 24 hours to lynch someone.

Banners and Stuff
        My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
        Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
        Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
        Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
        Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
        2015 Sockys Image Image Image
        Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
        Sloonei
        Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Lol. Voting colonialbob
        My banners:
        ImageImageImageImage
        Marmot
        Marmot
        Posts in topic: 103
        Preferred Pronouns: they/them
        Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

K2 wrote:Dear Mountains,

Alright, so we made a bad call. It happens sometimes. Let's take it slower this time and talk more before coming to decision. It's times like these where it's best to rethink what we've already taken for granted.

cBob, DDL, LC. Those are my top suspects.

cBob is probably the best option of those but I would appreciate if some townie mountains would look into LC and DDL today as well.

LC in particular has been laying back in a way that makes me uncomfortable. He doesn't have that hungry for justice civvie drive that I associate with a civvie LC. He's giving opinions on things but he's not personally taking ownership for anything, and that scares me. I would appreciate if others would keep him in consideration.

This may be wrong but I sensed some level of insincerity from DDL regarding his feelings about the Malikim lynch. After the flip, DDL posted that he had been worried that Malakim might flip civ because of his 'fuck you' outburst. DDL's earlier posts support this but it's strange that he wasn't more vocal about his concern, and it seems scummy that he felt the need to mention it.

Small mountains can hide under avalanches, so don't let this be another landslide vote. Discussion is our strongest weapon, let's use it.

Also, if K2 sees another player speculating in the thread about K2's identity, that player will be publicly shamed in the next K2 post, so cut that out.

Love,
        K2

Banners and Stuff
        My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
        Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
        Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
        Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
        Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
        2015 Sockys Image Image Image
        Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
        Sloonei
        Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

No jokes this time?
        My banners:
        ImageImageImageImage
        Kylemii
        Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Is it.... possible the mafia is actually just missing the deadline a lot?
        Quin
        Indecent Bastard
        Posts in topic: 464

Post by Quin »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:44 am Is it.... possible the mafia is actually just missing the deadline a lot?
        Yes.

I voted sig for this reason.
        Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
        ImageImageImageImage
        Quin
        Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

It'd mean sig and INH were both bad. There's one scum unaccounted for in a sea of people who I don't see missing a PM.
        Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
        ImageImageImageImage
        Kylemii
        Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

I mean.... it's possible one of the role secrets is a protect or a roleblock but.... 2/5 is a really bad murder success record.
        Kylemii
        Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

is there a case on sig beyond that he's not here this week?
        Quin
        Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:49 am I mean.... it's possible one of the role secrets is a protect or a roleblock but.... 2/5 is a really bad murder success record.
        I don't see why a doctor would be a secreted role. A roleblocker is maybe a tiny bit more feasible, but I personally wouldn't write it as a secret. I don't think that's what's happening here.
        ImageImageImageImage
        nutella
        Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Hmm.. well as far as we know, there's
        -Aconcagua: immune to the first attempt on their life (lynch or NK)
        [-Chimborazo: could have stolen Aconcagua's ability at some point, but seems highly unlikely as Dom/Malakim would have been an unlikely nk target]
        -Kilimanjaro: can make themself immune to night actions 3x/game
        -Mont Blanc: can switch targets 1x/game
        (-Matterhorn: secrets)
        (-Olympus Mons: secrets)

...Ehhh. Some of these may have happened, but maybe we really do have scummers sleeping on the job. I could vote an inactive.
        Image Image Image Image
        Image Image
        nutella
        Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Anyone got any good reasons to choose either sig or inh over the other?
        Image Image Image Image
        Image Image
        Kylemii
        Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Kilimanjaro and Aconcagua could be it but would require some real luck, since we're talking about 3 non-kills. I guess it could be a combination.

Matterhorn could have something

Space Mountain probably has some means of personal survival
        Sloonei
        Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:59 am Anyone got any good reasons to choose either sig or inh over the other?
        Nope. I saw some evidence that Jay was softer on sig than the other low posters, and the only time he acknowledged INH at all was in the GTH thing.
        But then there's the whole "why aren't they being replaced?" argument. Dunya and malakim both subbed in for townies. Sig has been less active than sprit was and has not been replaced. INH did sub in for glorf, so I guess if we're following this logic I'd put him ahead of sig, but I'm not so sure we should follow that logic. I'm not sure we shouldn't either.

I still feel like voting for bob or maybe Long Con if we prefer to go after an active player. There does have to be at least one active scum remaining, after all.
        My banners:
        ImageImageImageImage
        Kylemii
        Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

has anyone ever hosted a Disneyland themed mafia cus if not I call dibs
        Kylemii
        Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:09 amI still feel like voting for bob or maybe Long Con if we prefer to go after an active player. There does have to be at least one active scum remaining, after all.
        That's where I'm at too btw, I just think it's getting a little too weird unlikely.

now if you'll excuse me I gotta go build a Disneyland mafia

Return to “Previous Side Missions”