50%

Total votes: 16
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 464

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 6]

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:56 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:47 pm I thought that Quin is just a proud dude, and he had a choice following JJJ's lynch: admit he was wrong and Epi was right, or assert that Epi got lucky with a bad case. Option B is much easier on his ego.

That seems more likely to me than the idea that Quin is a baddie who can't help but leak his anti-Civ opinions into the thread.
He never said I got lucky. If he said that, I could live with that (even if I would disagree, and he would have to address everyone else who voted JJJ as being lucky).

He maintained that my process (my thinking) was bad. That's a different matter. He voted for me. Tried to discredit me. Why would he do that if he and I were working toward the same goal?
Because you're not a fucking confirmed townie.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 396

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:59 pm This is what scum Quin looks like
There's no way I'm re-reading all that. :suspish:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Quin wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:00 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:47 pm I thought that Quin is just a proud dude, and he had a choice following JJJ's lynch: admit he was wrong and Epi was right, or assert that Epi got lucky with a bad case. Option B is much easier on his ego.

That seems more likely to me than the idea that Quin is a baddie who can't help but leak his anti-Civ opinions into the thread.
He never said I got lucky. If he said that, I could live with that (even if I would disagree, and he would have to address everyone else who voted JJJ as being lucky).

He maintained that my process (my thinking) was bad. That's a different matter. He voted for me. Tried to discredit me. Why would he do that if he and I were working toward the same goal?
Who is?
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 320
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I think it can be inferred that someone who catches a baddie with a bad/flawed case is lucky, right? But you're right, he didn't specifically say that.

He voted for you because he thought you were bad. That doesn't make him bad to me. He thought you were wrong, and so argued that viewpoint - I don't really dig the term "discredit", it feels like a buzz word. Even though I have used it in the past. :haha: He thought you were working toward an evil goal, and didn't realize you were working toward the same goal.

All that can happen without any crazy leaps if Quin is Civ.

Or, maybe you got lucky again, and he's bad. :feb: You can write a book on Mafia theory called "Twice Lucky".
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 485
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Quin wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:45 pm I also find DDL's vote for me opportunistic given his biggest reasoning for voting me is "I do this when bad so Quin probably did this while bad".
Last time I used it I was right. I mantained Boo was a civ in pokemon because he was acting like 2015 civ DDL would.

Also I'm also sheeping on Epi's points which are reasonable. No I don't have anything more. Yes I'm lazy. Sorry.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Epignosis can be my teammate in that game and still decide I become a poor demoralised baddie when my teammate gets lynched. I had two teammates lynched in succession in Mad Max and that only motivated me more.

Of course, his response to this will be "Fuck meta" so I don't know why I bring it up.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 798

Post by dunya »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:03 pm
Put the effort in. I'm up at 3am trying to find better lynch candidates for His Royal Highness the Evil Emperor of The Syndicate. So get reading, buster. :p
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 320
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Who is?
Me. But you have to be really good at picking up hints.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Who is?
Nobody. That's my point. You don't get to sit on your pedestal and declare "Quin discredited me, the King of Fuck Mountain, when I was right about JaggedJimmyJay! He's obviously bad!". Your argument sucked. Your subsequent arguments have sucked. You pretend that my arguments against your attitude there aren't good enough for you because I didn't repeat myself 67 times or spell out everything to the letter.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:05 pm
Put the effort in. I'm up at 3am trying to find better lynch candidates for His Royal Highness the Evil Emperor of The Syndicate. So get reading, buster. :p
He already did read all that. He was my teammate.
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 781
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

I'm not opposed to a a Quin lynch but it's a little strange that after discussing like 3 or 4 other suspects suddenly he's the hottest pancake at the pancake factory, where they make pancakes.

also, this game is my #101 priority for the next 40 minutes, if you need me just @ me
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Also [mention]Marmot[/mention] DDL doesn't have an ISO link on the first page.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Maybe we can get LoRab to dictate it for you
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Quin wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:05 pm
Epignosis can be my teammate in that game and still decide I become a poor demoralised baddie when my teammate gets lynched. I had two teammates lynched in succession in Mad Max and that only motivated me more.

Of course, his response to this will be "Fuck meta" so I don't know why I bring it up.
I don't care what anybody does in other games or under what circumstance they are done in.

That is easily faked.

I care about why you have needlessly antagonized me (I'm voting Epi tell me why), why 3J approved of your play, why you defended 3J, why you continued to antagonize me (calling my logic shit), why you voted for me, not trying to save 3J if you really thought my reasons were shit, and why you point arrows at yourself when people ask you reasonable questions.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:13 pm

I don't care what anybody does in other games or under what circumstance they are done in.

That is easily faked.

I care about why you have needlessly antagonized me (I'm voting Epi tell me why), why 3J approved of your play, why you defended 3J, why you continued to antagonize me (calling my logic shit), why you voted for me, not trying to save 3J if you really thought my reasons were shit, and why you point arrows at yourself when people ask you reasonable questions.
So yeah, "fuck meta".

And don't pretend that the arrows was anything less than an invitation to ISO. You look silly.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Quin wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:16 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:13 pm

That is easily faked.

So yeah, "fuck meta".

And don't pretend that the arrows was anything less than an invitation to ISO. You look silly.
I don't look silly. I look fresh. I heard it from three people, so it must be true.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Then that's three people who look silly.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei, how confident are you in bob?
ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 206

Post by Elohcin »

I have to vote and go to sleep. I think epi's theory of quin is the most plausible atm.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Quin wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:18 pm Then that's three people who look silly.
What is your problem with me?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:23 pm
I don't have a problem with you.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:20 pm Sloonei, how confident are you in bob?
87.65%. That number increases slightly if you are town.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Changed my vote to DDL.
ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 206

Post by Elohcin »

Dunya...before I go to bed... I don't put as much time into mafia as you do. We cannot all do that. I am responsible for three (possibly 4 if you count epi) lives other than my own. For their education, discipline, and well being. I have not made any in depth cases for anyone. I rarely do. But, I share my opinion often of what's going down in the thread and I participate as much as possible, and I vote! I'm here to help as much as I can. You can't punish me for being mediocre. I'm much better for the civs than INH, sig, and other non-participants.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Quin wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:24 pm
In the context of this game, I mean. Your response to me was that I'm not a "confirmed townie." Well...no-duh.

I'm doing my best though, and you won't play ball.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:27 pm Changed my vote to DDL.
Why?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin is town. Colonialbob is not town. If both these statements are false I will eat my Marmot hat.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:29 pm
Why?
I thought you had information. Bringing my flip into it is enough to dispel that theory.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:31 pm Quin is town. Colonialbob is not town. If both these statements are false I will eat my Marmot hat.
I need a good reason to change my vote. You are strong in your assessment. I don't have an opinion of colonialbob.

I will change if you can convince me to do so. You will, of course, need more than that.

As you can see, though, I have a very poor opinion of Quin.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

colonialbob
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:29 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:24 pm
In the context of this game, I mean. Your response to me was that I'm not a "confirmed townie." Well...no-duh.

I'm doing my best though, and you won't play ball.
You said I was discrediting you because I thought your case on 3J was bull. Your case was literally "3J is bad for lynching Mesk because she had posts despite having a GTH good read on Mesk" which, ironically, is a complete discredit of my case on Mesk. It was the most disingenuous thing I'd read all game.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:33 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:31 pm Quin is town. Colonialbob is not town. If both these statements are false I will eat my Marmot hat.
I need a good reason to change my vote. You are strong in your assessment. I don't have an opinion of colonialbob.

I will change if you can convince me to do so. You will, of course, need more than that.

Is there anything more I can really say about bob? He seems like a great guy, all things considered. His alignment in this game just doesn't seem good to me. I've written extensively about why I feel this way.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:32 pm
Why?
I thought you had information. Bringing my flip into it is enough to dispel that theory.
I have only the information which is publically available, and this information leads me to believe firmly that bob is scum.

I also have a strong town read on DDL, so I'll ask again why he's your preferred target.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:38 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:32 pm
Why?
I have only the information which is publically available, and this information leads me to believe firmly that bob is scum.

I also have a strong town read on DDL, so I'll ask again why he's your preferred target.
I dislike his reason for voting for me and his response to my earlier case on Kyle.
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:37 pm

Is there anything more I can really say about bob? He seems like a great guy, all things considered. His alignment in this game just doesn't seem good to me. I've written extensively about why I feel this way.
did you at least skim through my post? I know it's not going to change your mind, but still. I spent a lot of time typing it out :p
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 103
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Quin wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:10 pm Also @Marmot DDL doesn't have an ISO link on the first page.
He does on my browser. :confused:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Marmot wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:47 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:10 pm Also @Marmot DDL doesn't have an ISO link on the first page.
He does on my browser. :confused:
:ninja:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Highlights of my colonialbob suspicion, if we're re-engaging in that conversation:
He and Jay had talks early in the game in which neither seemed to be approaching the other with any hint of critical observation. They talked about theories of other players, but the tone appeared to more expository than substantial. Talking for the sake of talking.
My reservation about this is that I may just be reading that tone from Jay and also projecting it onto bob by association.
Then on Day 4 bob turned sharply against Jay without citing specific reasons (that I can recall), but refrained from voting until late in the day.
The argument against this is that his vote was the one that put Jay ahead in the poll for good. My counter-argument to that is that he was pre-empting the foreseeable avelanche.

Before any of this, I hated his Day 2 vote on me. He looked severely opportunistic and in my real-time interactions with him as we approached the deadline of that phase, I felt like he waa giving no sincere consideration to moving his vote off of me.

Also, Jay was vageuly critical of him in the immediate aftermath of my first Bob ISO, but then ignored the suspicion against him until producing a fence-sitting, wine-in-front-of-all-of-us ISO against Bob with his dying breath.
I'll also note that I have not sensed the level of frustration that comes with being obnoxiously tunneled as a townie from Bon against me, but being relatively unfamiliar with his personality I can't mark this as a strong point against him.

My brain is currently fried.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:43 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:37 pm

did you at least skim through my post? I know it's not going to change your mind, but still. I spent a lot of time typing it out :p
I will give it a thorough investigation before the day is over.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by Quin »

colonialbob wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:05 am
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:28 am What do people think about Sloonei? GTH's, cases, whatever.
Lean town. From what little exposure I have seems like town Sloonei, I like the questions and prodding people. Not enough reads or firm statements that I recall to make me really solidify the town read though.
A town-read on Sloonei on Day 2.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

colonialbob wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:00 pm Sorry, what with family time I don't really have the ability to go through and make good cases or long posts. Butt I'm following as best I can.

Reads (mostly gut):

Daisy
Speedchuck
Epi
Sloonei

Quin
JJJ
nutella
DDL
Eloh

Kyle
Mesk
Long Con

Jack
Sig

No reads on Dom, Wilgy, INH, sprit
Sloonei is a top town read while Jack is a bottom scum read. I'm curious how Sloonei fell so far before the EoD2.
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 497

Post by speedchuck »

Voting Cbob. Haven't been around. Sorry. Was sermon-delivering tonight. I think it's probably one of cBob and Quin are town, and it is weird how the suspicion on quin runs amok while suspish on cbob does nothing for dayz.

I may or may not catch up tonight.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

colonialbob wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:37 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:46 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:42 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:40 pm
colonialbob wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:53 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:59 am
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:51 am I'ma kick today off with a rainbow, avoiding yellows to the best of my ability. with lots of yellows given the two replacements and extreme low posters. I hope to find a better place for them today.
Kylemii
Long Con

nutella
speedchuck
Spacedaisy
colonialbob

Dom
DrWilgy
JaggedJimmyJay
insertnamehere
sig
sprityo

Mesk514
Jackofhearts2005

Elohcin
Dragon D. Luffy
Sloonei
Epignosis

I will take questions. Unless your question is "Why do you have every read you have", in which case, suck a brick.
Why am I on the same end as Epi and the opposite end of LC?
This... is a darn good question.
Is it?
You said you'd be willing to answer questions.
I did. And I answered it too, but I'm not sure why it's of interest to bob.
Because it's a weird grouping of reads and I wanted to know why you did it.
This interaction stuck out like a sore thumb at the time. Also, "weird".
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Colonialbob voted for me Day 2 because I went from explaing why I had moved my vote off of Elohcin in one post to expressing a willingness to move said vote back to her in the next post.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

colonialbob wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:49 pm @Spacedaisy Why sig? Wish you'd thrown that vote earlier while I was there. :/

Linki: I support a Sloonei/Jack choice for today
You can infer he'd have voted between the two of them by this post.
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Quin wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:01 pm
colonialbob wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:37 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:46 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:42 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:40 pm
colonialbob wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:53 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:59 am

Why am I on the same end as Epi and the opposite end of LC?
This... is a darn good question.
Is it?
You said you'd be willing to answer questions.
I did. And I answered it too, but I'm not sure why it's of interest to bob.
Because it's a weird grouping of reads and I wanted to know why you did it.
This interaction stuck out like a sore thumb at the time. Also, "weird".
I agree on this point, there is nothing I can do or reason with myself to not see the weirdness in that post. But that's the only post that really stuck out for me.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

colonialbob wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:21 pm I don't like this sequence.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:16 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:34 pm Sloonei

I don't feel you are genuine, and I think your go at Eloh was a try to score an easy lynch that people would find agreeable even if the result was no good.
Nope. I wanted you to share your thoughts on her, then I moved off.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:43 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:30 pm I don't want to be on Eloh come day end. It could go on Sloonei.
I advise against this.

I could go back to Eloh.
Voting Eloh because he wants Epi's thoughts, that's all? But then he's willing to vote there immediately after taking his vote off? Smells off.
I hate this. He acts like Sloonei's contradicted himself somewhere in that voting period. Also, even though he seems likely to vote either Sloonei or Jack, he barely weighs in his thoughts on Jack at all on Day 2 to decide which lynch is best. Claims Jack and Sloonei are likely w/w later though.
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Caught up.

Quin is 80% likely to be town in my estimation. I have changed my vote accordingly.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:42 pm I still like where my vote is and has been for the last two days. You're all welcome to come join me.
No thank you.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Quin's genuine-ness is getting him in trouble. As usual. Happened in Phenon too, I think.

Lack of motivation I can understand. He probably lacks motivation for the same reason as me. Or, at least, close to it.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”