Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 497

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 6]

Post by speedchuck »

Thread is too dang big.

I'm mostly gone for the day. GL.
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:10 pm
colonialbob wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:21 pm I don't like this sequence.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:16 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:34 pm Sloonei

I don't feel you are genuine, and I think your go at Eloh was a try to score an easy lynch that people would find agreeable even if the result was no good.
Nope. I wanted you to share your thoughts on her, then I moved off.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:43 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:30 pm I don't want to be on Eloh come day end. It could go on Sloonei.
I advise against this.

I could go back to Eloh.
Voting Eloh because he wants Epi's thoughts, that's all? But then he's willing to vote there immediately after taking his vote off? Smells off.
I hate this. He acts like Sloonei's contradicted himself somewhere in that voting period. Also, even though he seems likely to vote either Sloonei or Jack, he barely weighs in his thoughts on Jack at all on Day 2 to decide which lynch is best. Claims Jack and Sloonei are likely w/w later though.
This was where the suspicion was born. Epi and Eloh were already on me, and then Bob seized onto this like it was damning evidence and didn't let go for the rest of the phase.
[mention]colonialbob[/mention], would you be able to take us back to this moment and walk us through what was going on in your mind?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 464

Post by Quin »

colonialbob wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:27 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:23 pm

I don't feel you are genuine, and I think your go at Eloh was a try to score an easy lynch that people would find agreeable even if the result was no good.
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:30 pm I don't want to be on Eloh come day end. It could go on Sloonei.
I advise against this.

I could go back to Eloh.
Voting Eloh because he wants Epi's thoughts, that's all? But then he's willing to vote there immediately after taking his vote off? Smells off.
immediately? My vote has been off of Eloh for like 6 hours. I specifically wanted Epi's thoughts on my specific case against Elohcin. He shot it down. But she's still a suspect. I have no reason to remove her from the pool.
Sorry, you're right, your vote swapped to Sprityo about 3 hours before that sequence (your last post prior to that sequence, actually). But I still don't like the justification of your vote, and the second bit seems too passive to me. Like you want somebody else to give you cover for swapping back and saving youraelf.
I feel like his reasoning for voting Sloonei here changes, not evolves. He admits he was wrong about the immediacy of Sloonei's revote, but now Sloonei is passive (disagree) and he dislikes Sloonei's justification without saying why.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Quin wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:05 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:59 pm This is what scum Quin looks like
Epignosis can be my teammate in that game and still decide I become a poor demoralised baddie when my teammate gets lynched. I had two teammates lynched in succession in Mad Max and that only motivated me more.

Of course, his response to this will be "Fuck meta" so I don't know why I bring it up.
FWIW I'm not voting for you because I think you're discouraged scum or whatever.

Could you explain why you thought Epi was scum after using bad logic to vote JJJ, when then kicked off a bunch of people switching back to him and ultimately led to his lynch?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 798

Post by dunya »

bob in case you're lynched, who should we look into: 3 people.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

colonialbob wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:16 pm
Epignosis can be my teammate in that game and still decide I become a poor demoralised baddie when my teammate gets lynched. I had two teammates lynched in succession in Mad Max and that only motivated me more.

Of course, his response to this will be "Fuck meta" so I don't know why I bring it up.
FWIW I'm not voting for you because I think you're discouraged scum or whatever.

Could you explain why you thought Epi was scum after using bad logic to vote JJJ, when then kicked off a bunch of people switching back to him and ultimately led to his lynch?
Can you rephrase?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

honestly, I'm almost going to move to either sig/INH at this point.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Quin wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:39 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:38 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:32 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:29 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:27 pm Changed my vote to DDL.
Why?
I thought you had information. Bringing my flip into it is enough to dispel that theory.
I have only the information which is publically available, and this information leads me to believe firmly that bob is scum.

I also have a strong town read on DDL, so I'll ask again why he's your preferred target.
I dislike his reason for voting for me and his response to my earlier case on Kyle.
Do you mind linking? I'll go searching but a link would be helpful. I could be convinced on DDL.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:19 pm honestly, I'm almost going to move to either sig/INH at this point.
I do think that at least one of, if not both of them are bad. I've never seen so many missed nightkills where inactivity wasn't the cause.
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I think one of sig/INH is scum, and while I'd have gone with INH, Long Con is on sig so let's do this elimination game since we don't have a vig.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

colonialbob wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:21 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:39 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:38 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:32 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:29 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:27 pm Changed my vote to DDL.
Why?
I thought you had information. Bringing my flip into it is enough to dispel that theory.
I have only the information which is publically available, and this information leads me to believe firmly that bob is scum.

I also have a strong town read on DDL, so I'll ask again why he's your preferred target.
I dislike his reason for voting for me and his response to my earlier case on Kyle.
Do you mind linking? I'll go searching but a link would be helpful. I could be convinced on DDL.
Quin wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:45 pm
colonialbob wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:35 pm Anyway Quin I know it's tough when you're trying to defend yourself but I would appreciate reads/scum picks. Mostly the latter.
I still scum read Kyle. If he flipped bad I'm throwing DDL's name into the mix as a teammate.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:35 am
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:22 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:19 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:13 pm I have a grievance with the amount of times Kyle has used his Pirate Mafia performance as a way to fend off suspicion. He played games somewhere else that he's also talked about but I didn't quote them. No, I don't care that most of these are direct accusations about his Pirates performance. I think he's using meta as a shield.
You should care that those were in direct response to meta accusations. Why wouldn't you care about that?
You're rejecting perceptions before easing concerns. You're saying "I wasn't an active force in Pirates" when you should be saying "I'm actually not someone who takes the front line" if what they're saying is false about your playstyle.
You are reaching so hard I think you'll accidentally touch the sun and get burned. Be careful.
I was not reaching. There's no explanation of why he thought otherwise. Just that I'm reaching.

I also find DDL's vote for me opportunistic given his biggest reasoning for voting me is "I do this when bad so Quin probably did this while bad".
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:22 pm I think one of sig/INH is scum, and while I'd have gone with INH, Long Con is on sig so let's do this elimination game since we don't have a vig.
I joined you.
ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Quin wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:18 pm

Can you rephrase?
The way I remember that phase, Wilgy and Speed were in the lead, with only a couple people on JJJ. Then Epi came out with his case, voted JJJ (I was thinking he was the 2nd vote, but maybe it was the 3rd). A lot of people switched over/back to JJJ after that.

Just trying to get the why behind your vote.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

colonialbob wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:29 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:18 pm

Can you rephrase?
The way I remember that phase, Wilgy and Speed were in the lead, with only a couple people on JJJ. Then Epi came out with his case, voted JJJ (I was thinking he was the 2nd vote, but maybe it was the 3rd). A lot of people switched over/back to JJJ after that.

Just trying to get the why behind your vote.
Oh. Easy. I don't care about trains.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 396

Post by Epignosis »

Quin wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:37 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:29 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:24 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:23 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:18 pm Then that's three people who look silly.
What is your problem with me?
I don't have a problem with you.
In the context of this game, I mean. Your response to me was that I'm not a "confirmed townie." Well...no-duh.

I'm doing my best though, and you won't play ball.
You said I was discrediting you because I thought your case on 3J was bull. Your case was literally "3J is bad for lynching Mesk because she had posts despite having a GTH good read on Mesk" which, ironically, is a complete discredit of my case on Mesk. It was the most disingenuous thing I'd read all game.
The case on Mesk was shit.

The case on 3J was gold.

If you suck finding mafia, say so.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

haha lol
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:34 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:37 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:29 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:24 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:23 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:18 pm Then that's three people who look silly.
What is your problem with me?
I don't have a problem with you.
In the context of this game, I mean. Your response to me was that I'm not a "confirmed townie." Well...no-duh.

I'm doing my best though, and you won't play ball.
You said I was discrediting you because I thought your case on 3J was bull. Your case was literally "3J is bad for lynching Mesk because she had posts despite having a GTH good read on Mesk" which, ironically, is a complete discredit of my case on Mesk. It was the most disingenuous thing I'd read all game.
The case on Mesk was shit.

The case on 3J was gold.

If you suck finding mafia, say so.
I do suck at finding mafia. That's common knowledge.
ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:15 pm

I advise against this.

I could go back to Eloh.
I hate this. He acts like Sloonei's contradicted himself somewhere in that voting period. Also, even though he seems likely to vote either Sloonei or Jack, he barely weighs in his thoughts on Jack at all on Day 2 to decide which lynch is best. Claims Jack and Sloonei are likely w/w later though.
This was where the suspicion was born. Epi and Eloh were already on me, and then Bob seized onto this like it was damning evidence and didn't let go for the rest of the phase.
colonialbob, would you be able to take us back to this moment and walk us through what was going on in your mind?
You voted for a player to get a different player's reaction to them, then moved your vote while saying you could go back. To me that seemed like tacitly inviting somebody to 'convince' you back onto Eloh. As scum it lets you throw a name out there and get some townie focus on it while not really looking like the person who led a mislynch if it goes somewhere. I believe I explained this previously.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:37 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:33 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:31 pm Quin is town. Colonialbob is not town. If both these statements are false I will eat my Marmot hat.
I need a good reason to change my vote. You are strong in your assessment. I don't have an opinion of colonialbob.

I will change if you can convince me to do so. You will, of course, need more than that.

As you can see, though, I have a very poor opinion of Quin.
Is there anything more I can really say about bob? He seems like a great guy, all things considered. His alignment in this game just doesn't seem good to me. I've written extensively about why I feel this way.
Your radar has been shit all game. I don't believe in it.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:39 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:31 pm Quin is town. Colonialbob is not town. If both these statements are false I will eat my Marmot hat.
I need a good reason to change my vote. You are strong in your assessment. I don't have an opinion of colonialbob.

I will change if you can convince me to do so. You will, of course, need more than that.

Is there anything more I can really say about bob? He seems like a great guy, all things considered. His alignment in this game just doesn't seem good to me. I've written extensively about why I feel this way.
whatchu doing about it then? I see your vote firmly on Bob.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Mountain Mafia [NIGHT 4]

Post by Sloonei »

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:47 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:27 am I'd argue that the climate in the thread was very clearly anti-Jay as we approached the deadline yesterday. Your vote may have put him over the top, but I don't find that to be a tremendously convincing fact given that he was clearly the most widely-suspected player and votes were beginning to pile on him.
I don't think that's a fair representation. At the time where bob placed his vote on Jay, there was someone else in the lead.

I know there's a case to be made for bussing, but I don't think this was a case of it. The votes at that specific point could have gone either way I think.
:shrug: I always felt like Jay's lynch was inevitable on Day 4. I've been reading that whole day as a careful attempt by him and his teammates to put as much space between themselves as they could manage without causing him to fall unnecessarily. Bob's behavior that day is the closest I observed to matching that pattern.
dunya wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:55 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:24 am Apologies, but I was only looking for your posts regarding Jay in that ISO. However, my questions are here are meant to be about why you specifically vote for speedchuck rather than Jay, because from what I saw you had every reason to vote for Jay but only ended up moving to him because you preferred the voters against him to the voters against speedchuck. I want to know how your thoughts developed during the day phase, if that helps.
again, I feel like you were being a bit pushy here. In your long Jay/Bob iso you clearly say that while bob prodded Jay on numerous occasions, there was no heavy scum read from Bob to Jay. Why did he have "every reason to vote for Jay" then? I think that's a bit of a hyperbole. Perhaps he didn't have any more valid reasons to vote for speedchuck, but he did. That doesn't mean he didn't suspect speedchuck along with everyone else who had a vote on speed at that point.
Here's the progression I followed when I said he had "every reason to vote for Jay":
colonialbob wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:47 pm Seeing some very potential JJJ/quin links page 65. Also, did tripJ ever explain his late swap from Eloh back to Mesk?
colonialbob wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:25 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:10 am I don't think J is bad with Dunya or Quin.

Bad Jimmy and bad Quin don't team up to save bad Dom. That's really dangerous for little return, given Dom has been inactive.

I still think Wuin is good.
Disagree. The first death being a mafia death is very bad thing for mafia. Bad Quin has cover from pushing after lasagne from the beginning, plus it's easier to justify votes swapping around in a CFD type EOD. I mean heck Sloonei voted with JJJ and I'm almost positive they're not w/w. I think JJJ/Quin/Dom w/w/w is still very much on the table.

(Plus little return isn't necessarily true. He could be Sutter Buttes, or Gwendol Wreakin's kill might be special in some way. And if his teammates can submit an action for him, doubly so.)
These posts establish a basis for beginning to suspect Jay. He's not come out to declare a full-blown suspicion, but he is making observations which point to reading negative points against him. He continues:
colonialbob wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:28 pm Kylemii

I didn't like his push on Jack, I don't feel like he's solving, and I don't want to tunnel in on JJJ this early in the phase.
A vote for Kyle because he "doesn't want to tunnel on JJJ early in the phase." A legitimate caution that I do not fault a player for, but it's easy for me to also read this as a scum player acknowledging a case against their teammate and leaving the door open to pursue that lynch if the avenue becomes preferable without immediately committing to it.
colonialbob wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:34 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:04 pm I'm also bothered by the lack of votes in this day.

If Jay is bad, it would make sense for there to be some counter-wagon by now (maybe Wilgy is the counter wagon?). And I don't like how everyone who is voting for Jay is someone I'm currently townreading (well there is Jack, but I like current Jack more than Day 1 Jack so i'm still on the fence about him). Maybe mafia is just watching from afar, since the civs are doing their dirty work for them. So they don't need to expose themselves, by making bussing too obvious or risking discussion going against them.
Still catching up but had to comment on this. Jay seems a pretty obvious target for today - if he is bad he seems a better candidate for bussing than saving, especially considering his availability.
Jay is "a pretty obvious target today". Not sure if that "obvious" refers to Jay being an obvious person to suspect (ie, jay is scum on toast) or "obvious" as in "it's rather obvious people are going to vote for Jay regardless of his alignment", but this still reads as further basis for Bob to vote for Jay, though he's not yet committed himself personally to the endeavor.
He votes for speedchuck. Chuck E. Speed and wilgy were the two counterwagons to Jay that day. I don't aim to discredit bob for this, I'm just posting here for the record. The following is what I aim to discredit him for:
colonialbob wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:25 am I like the people on JJJ much more, so I'm swtiching over. JJJ
Despite all the previously highlighted evidence for which Bob could attribute a vote for Jay, in the critical moment of Bob's vote the best he could muster was that the people who were voting for Jay looked better than the people who were voting for Speedchuck. This does not look like an authentic justification for his vote. This is what I meant when I said he had "every reason to vote for Jay"; it was not that he had no reason to vote for Speedchuck instead of Jay, it's that he had expressed more than once that Jay was a player who could be voted for based on in-thread evidence, but he cited none of this when it came time to actually vote for him. It strikes me as incongruous to the rest of his posts that day, and a soft vote which he's since used as armor against suspicion.

If you had more to say about my bob case that I've overlooked, dunya, please let me know and I'll try to respond.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con is voting sig because he misread my post about sig.

dunya is voting sig because she is a softie who can't help herself (she's voting to save Quin and thinks bob is good). And then there's Quin.

I have to go to bed soon. If I'm not satisfied with a reason to vote elsewhere, my vote goes back to Quin or stays on colonialbob.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:45 pm

"Firmly"

How do you see that someone's vote if firmly somewhere? Explain to me how you discern that.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

*is
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

no, I am voting sig because I think one of sig/INH is bad. Also because I think Quin and Bob are good. also, I may be a softie, but my reasons are genuine.

I'd rather have a 50-50 shot at lynching scum than what I perceive as a 2 townie bandwagons at this point.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:46 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:45 pm

"Firmly"

How do you see that someone's vote if firmly somewhere? Explain to me how you discern that.
I'm just trying to get on your nerves tbh. :ohyeah:
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

sig

Buying Quin as town. Not gonna vote for myself.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention]
dunya wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:27 pm cbob thoughts incoming

colonialbob wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:36 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:13 pm
colonialbob wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:03 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:36 pm Everyone should tell me what things in this thread you feel are most important/most warrant my attention and discussion among those I didn't just address.
I'd be interested in thoughts on me/jack/LC. Also the vote swapping from Epi to Nutella
I actually was just looking at your ISO. The long exchange you had with Jack at least looked dissociative (if that wasn't a word before it is now) -- I don't think you look like tiny mountains together. That point has limited value at present with no flips but whatever it came to mind.

I am less perturbed by your early poop fling at Sloonei than I was with DDL given that yours came first and it didn't last. I suggested in my puke that I think Jack looks good, at least for the point I raised. Could you summarize your suspicion of him for me? I raised concerns with LC separately, mostly relating to his dealings with Epignosis.

Also I am not entirely clear on everything that transpired with regard to vote movement. I'll need some help on that before I can offer much insight, otherwise I'll see you after I check myself. :p
It's kinda meta. His posting early on reminded me of his play in the HCRealms/Syndicate crossover, where he kept going on meta tangents and shunting the thread away from actual reads. He was mafia that game, I called him out D1 and got NKed for it. But he's provided some reads since then, and while I don't entirely agree with him on say LC/Epi, his posts feel genuine enough that I'm fine with him now.
Jay asks colonialbob what his suspicions of Jack are. This whole exchange reads differently after you know Jay is scum. Is it distancing? I don't think so.

I noticed that Jay did that various times in this game to townies, because Jay was distracted and wanted to possibly build loose suspicions and cases he could expand and exaggerate on against townies (because if there's one thing Jay does good, it's bullshit). I can't see Scum Jay asking Scum Bob about building a case on Townie Jack.

First point against Bob being scum. First townie point for Bob.
colonialbob wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:37 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:46 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:42 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:40 pm
colonialbob wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:53 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:59 am

Why am I on the same end as Epi and the opposite end of LC?
This... is a darn good question.
Is it?
You said you'd be willing to answer questions.
I did. And I answered it too, but I'm not sure why it's of interest to bob.
Because it's a weird grouping of reads and I wanted to know why you did it.
I didn't like this. I didn't understand how it was a weird grouping of reads. I did not see what colonialbob was seeing. I don't think the post is indicative of his alignment, I just didn't like it because it adds no value and kind of appears out of the blue for no reason other than....he was online when it occured? I don't see Bob commenting on everyone's lists--he specifically chose that one.

I don't like to subtract townie points for ambiguity alone, but I feel I have to with this one because I didn't like the defence.

First point for Bob being scum. First scum point for Bob.
colonialbob wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:30 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:17 am Elohcin's rainbow and dialogue with Sloonei

Sloonei's questions here were reasonable -- Elohcin voiced in vague terms that the high posters seem civ and that she'd be willing to vote for a low poster. The contents of the rainbow list don't align with that much. A change of heart is fine, but I don't know if that's even what happened in Eloh's head -- the progression is unclear. The names in the rainbow almost appear randomized. I'm surprised to see myself rated well given my own slow start, and I have no idea why Mesk is so high. I don't know why the low posters are split between yellow and orange. I don't know why the high posters Sloonei and Quin are orange. When given an opportunity to expand on these things, she just said "relax" and restated the general purpose of a rainbow list.

@Elohcin, you need to talk more about what's going on there.
So then if he was right on all that why did he drop the vote when Epi said the read/case was bad? What made him swap his vote?
Cbob prods Jay again for no other reason that to prod Jay. I can't see scum cbob asking scum Jay to elaborate on something that scum Jay was clearning Sloonei for and scum cbob wanted to prod further and (possibly) incriminate.
colonialbob wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:38 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:34 am Moreover I think the low-poster lynch strategy is ideal under these conditions.
Explain please. I'm also curious why you're defending somebody you didn't seem to be fully onboard with as town.
same as above, he questions Jay on theories. At worst a scummy cbob would have just ignored Jay and tried to latch onto someone else. He was prodding hard as early as this, I don't see it as scum cbob with scum Jay.

Second point against Bob being scum. Second townie point for Bob.
colonialbob wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:11 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:08 am
colonialbob wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:01 am Interested to see this flip, I'm like 50/50 that Jack and Sloons are w/w
also please elaborate on these reads.
Maybe a little tin-foily, but caused by Jack voting sprit instead of you (or more accurately, voting you then quickly changing votes). If he's civ, why not self-preserve? Sure he may rather vote sprit than you but if y'all are tied there's at least a 50% chance of losing town anyway. If he's mafia and you're civ, why not vote for self-preservation and hopefully get a civvie mislynch with a totally justifiable vote? But if you're w/w, his self-preservation vote doesn't buy him cred, the outcome for the team is the same either way, and by voting a third person there's a chance somebody switches and gives mafia a chance to avoid the lynch.

(This was my pre-flip analysis, not taking into account that apparently nobody can die this game)
more Sloonei prodding here, but I'm glad for this question because I like his reply. There's townie logic here. He is theorizing in a way that I think is townie-centric. I like the direction of his thoughts and suspicions. I feel they are genuine thoughts and not framing.

Third point against Bob being scum. Third townie point for Bob.

----

I'd like to say at this point it's frustrating reading cbob's ISO because it's a giant pile of fending off suspicion and accusations and answering sloonei. It reminds me a lot of what I endured in the Seinfeld game against JJJ (we were both town) and it limits a townie's efforts of actually being a contirbuting scum hunter because they have to spend all their time and energy explaining and reexplaining and making excuses. For the majority of of post Day 1 and Day 2, that's what cBob went though and it'll be really upset if it was all townie/townie action.

----

and then it's queue JJJ to break the Sloonei/cbob pattern
colonialbob wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:50 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:24 am
colonialbob wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:28 am That question was directed at JJJ because it was intended for JJJ. He was supporting your posting, so I wanted to understand why the part that bothered me didn't bother him. I wanted his thought process to help formulate a read on him, not as part of my feelings on you. I can certainly see why you interpreted this thay way, though, especially on ISO.
Can you describe the mafia mindset you attributed to Sloonei at the time regarding his vote move off of Elohcin? What about that maneuver made you suspicious of him?
He threw out a case on Eloh, nobody followed out and somebody disagreed with it, he moved off Eloh but expressed he was still fine voting her. Similarly, his "I could end up on Epi." In my experience mafia often try to gain consensus on their votes and are less likely to stake bold voting positions.

(Keep in mind part of his defense was "this is normal play for me," but I've essentially never played with him before. I modded one game on another site that I think you ebbed up replacing him, I was only alive one cycle in Crossover (and maybe he was modding?), and CC123 is far from a normal game)
Trying to look at these encounters as w/w and reasoning how likely that is.

JJJ pops out again, and senses some frustration in scum partner cbob for all the heat he's getting and questions him more about Sloonei.

Is it possible? Sure. Do I personally find it likely Jay would do that, at that specific moment, creating this specific conversation itt on purpose? No, I don't.

I mean, Jay avoided several posts I made directed towards him. He could have easily avoided butting into a conversation where cBob was explaining himself to Sloonei in a heated exchange. The fact he didn't, meant he was in a way, enjoying this was happening imo.

Fourth point against Bob being scum. Fourth townie point for Bob.
colonialbob wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:28 am
nutella wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:00 pm If I survive the night ( :scared: ) and find the time, I will ISO Cbob and determine how I feel -- he's sort of blended in for most of the game and has that problem of seeming active but still quite forgettable (I really didn't notice him/remember he was there until the end of day 2 with the sloonei stuff), so that's really not a good look, though I still think I generally got a slightly more civ vibe from him than from some others. I did like Sloonei's case, so I'm looking forward to seeing what else I find in his iso. I can be very guilty of confirmation bias when iso-ing though, so I'll try to be open-minded and look for both town tells and scum tells. :smoky:
Feel like several players did. Gonna be honest (picking on your post here but several people have said this), I'm tired of the "active but forgettable" statement. How do I even defend against that? "Sorry, I'll try shouting more?" Picking out posts is fine (even if I very much disagree with several of Sloonei's criticisms) but vague accusation is vague.
Genuine frustration imho. I'll kind of answer this one for you cBob (because I've been there before), it's because you have to spend most of your game time feigning off accusations, over and over and over again, thus your actual new contributions become less than the defenses you are spending the bulk of your time making.

Fifth point against Bob being scum. Fifth townie point for Bob.
colonialbob wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:35 am
Sloonei wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:15 pm
Quin wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:12 pm Sloonei, why didn't you vote for Jack when it became apparent a sprityo lynch was unlikely to happen?
I was not suspicious of Jack at the time. I was holding out hope that somebody would jump over to sprityo last second.
something witty about being suspicious of me not actually being open to changing my vote but then exhibiting the exact same behavior

Ok I'm done for the night. Will be pretty busy tomorrow so don't expect me until evening.
damn son. No townie points credited here, but I really hate it when someone accuses me of something because they want to find a scum in me, but end up doing that something late in the game themselves. :p

-------

at this point, cBob makes his GTH reads.

Let's look at things we know:

He named Jay good, Jay is bad.
He named Jack bad, while we aren't 100% certain there's a 90% chance Jack is good.
He named Daisy good, Daisy seems good.
He named Mesk bad, Mesk was good.
He named Dom bad, Dom was good.

Just leaving this out there. IMO, this is a townie GTH. Although I sent Jay a 5 min opinion on why I think GTH reads are useless, I'm going to play along and say this is a good thing. I won't credit him Townie points for it, because I have a principle to maintain and that is that I think GTH reads are useless :p

----------
colonialbob wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:29 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:07 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:00 pm At this stage i'll need to be convinced that colonialbob is town in order for me not to vote for him. Anyone got an argument?
There are too many suspicious players for Bob to be bad. Also, even when I disagree with him, I can kinda see where he's coming from. :shrug:
Why the change?
I can't see scum cBob questioning someone who is finally trying to view him as town. I can see a townie cBob doing that. Indeed, a townie dunya often does that because even when people are town-reading you, you want to know why and how because everyone and anyone can be suspicious, even your supporters. This was on board questioning with his GTH reads -- he questions Jack, who he believes is more bad than good.

Sixth point against Bob being scum. Sixth townie point for Bob.
colonialbob wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:47 pm Seeing some very potential JJJ/quin links page 65. Also, did tripJ ever explain his late swap from Eloh back to Mesk?
I didn't quite like this abrupt post, but then again, things were happening, Jay's name was popping up.

The next post made me feel a bit better:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:04 pm I'm also bothered by the lack of votes in this day.

If Jay is bad, it would make sense for there to be some counter-wagon by now (maybe Wilgy is the counter wagon?). And I don't like how everyone who is voting for Jay is someone I'm currently townreading (well there is Jack, but I like current Jack more than Day 1 Jack so i'm still on the fence about him). Maybe mafia is just watching from afar, since the civs are doing their dirty work for them. So they don't need to expose themselves, by making bussing too obvious or risking discussion going against them.
Still catching up but had to comment on this. Jay seems a pretty obvious target for today - if he is bad he seems a better candidate for bussing than saving, especially considering his availability.
He was the first person to mention the bussing scenario. I like it. I feel it was authentic townie. I don't award people the same level of townie points who made the same observation after him.

Seventh point against Bob being scum. Seventh townie point for Bob.

-------

Next is the Jay lynching episode. There are way too many posts to quote, but post JJJ flip, is definitely Townie cBob making analysis on voting pattern. I realize a lot of people can argue this is all possible bussing, so I won't award any townie points but I feel it was a townie effort for the whole.

-------

I have to stop here for now.

I want to share what I have this far in. I just have way too much school work, sorry, guys. I'll try to finish cBob, but I think you get the gist of my read on him.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention] I don't need a full counterargument on every point, I just did that to offer you a different perspective.

I'm looking at your post above now.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:45 pm Long Con is voting sig because he misread my post about sig.

dunya is voting sig because she is a softie who can't help herself (she's voting to save Quin and thinks bob is good). And then there's Quin.

I have to go to bed soon. If I'm not satisfied with a reason to vote elsewhere, my vote goes back to Quin or stays on colonialbob.
stay.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

colonialbob wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:38 pm

I advise against this.

I could go back to Eloh.
colonialbob, would you be able to take us back to this moment and walk us through what was going on in your mind?
You voted for a player to get a different player's reaction to them, then moved your vote while saying you could go back. To me that seemed like tacitly inviting somebody to 'convince' you back onto Eloh. As scum it lets you throw a name out there and get some townie focus on it while not really looking like the person who led a mislynch if it goes somewhere. I believe I explained this previously.
You did, but this conversation is happening right now and I like things to be fresh and present for everyone involved.
what do you have to say about Quin's argument that your justification "changed" rather than "evolved" after I corrected a mistaken observation you made?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:48 pm no, I am voting sig because I think one of sig/INH is bad. Also because I think Quin and Bob are good. also, I may be a softie, but my reasons are genuine.

I'd rather have a 50-50 shot at lynching scum than what I perceive as a 2 townie bandwagons at this point.
One of sig or INH may be bad- but you are guessing.

I gave solid evidence why I don't think sig or INH is bad. Why haven't you considered that?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:01 am
dunya wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:48 pm no, I am voting sig because I think one of sig/INH is bad. Also because I think Quin and Bob are good. also, I may be a softie, but my reasons are genuine.

I gave solid evidence why I don't think sig or INH is bad. Why haven't you considered that?
"solid" evidence.

link pls.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

There are four votes on sig right now even though 3J wanted him dead.

If you are a civilian voting sig, for shame.

Even as Long Con planted his lazy ass vote on sig without realizing I ended up voting Quin.

Get your fucking heads out of your asses. READ A BOOK.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

adj Solid evidence or information is reliable because it is based on facts.

Having solid evidence, based on actual facts and not interpretations of information, means you are saying with 100% certainty you can't be wrong.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Why can't INH be scum?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

dunya wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:03 am
Epignosis wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:01 am

"solid" evidence.

link pls.
Really? You didn't read it? Okay.
Epignosis wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:54 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:10 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:08 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:42 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:32 pm Are we talking about the same post here?
Actually no. No we are not. Epi's later post in which he voted Quin is about Sig. You should read it.
It's the same post, he just analyses what JJJ said about sig for a bit, then votes Quin for going after sig?
Ah. I assumed it wasn't the same post because you cut the end off.

@Epignosis We're stupid. Come in here and clarify your read of Quin and your read of Sig.
It isn't complicated.

What LC colored as red and perceived as "anti-sig" remarks really aren't. They are my running commentary on someone who is clearly not at all mindful of what he is saying, presumably because he lacks the time to be as much.

It is easy to dig into someone for inconsistencies and hypocritical remarks. It is harder to point them all out and walk away from it an overall positive view of the person's role.

sig's posts are wildly inconsistent, maintain no logic that I can follow, and don't really do anything to help the civilians. On top of it all, he never once voted. Is sig bad?

Always a possibility. What I'm seeing, however, is entirely consistent with someone who hasn't been around and probably isn't looking to play somebody.

Those are sig's posts though. It's easy to grill those.

JJJ's posts about sig are another matter entirely. JJJ remained open the entire time toward lynching sig should the climate of the thread swing that way (as it did swing toward Mesk, whom he had called good). JJJ's attitude- and I do not believe this to be a ruse- was to lynch low-posters. He even said low-posters were more likely to be bad because the thread was so active. This is horseshit.

I cannot see a single shred of evidence that JJJ and sig are teammates.

My investigation brought me to the interactions between JJJ and Quin. JJJ called Quin a civilian for bullshit reasons (i.e., I don't actually believe JJJ viewed Quin as a civilian), praised his opening contribution (which he misquoted), and on top of that, Quin has been needlessly antagonistic toward me and my effort to lynch JJJ. Even after JJJ was shown to be bad, Quin doubled down on his vague and pissy take that my thinking was poor.

JJJ was eager to lynch low-posters. Quin has taken up that mantle, even though the only confirmed mafia was the low-poster exterminator.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 781
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Alright, hey what's up, I just experienced every single human emotion all at once. How are you guys? Gotta go catch up.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:58 pm
colonialbob wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:38 pm

I advise against this.

I could go back to Eloh.
You did, but this conversation is happening right now and I like things to be fresh and present for everyone involved.
what do you have to say about Quin's argument that your justification "changed" rather than "evolved" after I corrected a mistaken observation you made?
Your post was 3 hours later but there also wasn't anything that happened in the thread in between. So "immediately" was an overstatement but the overall logic of my argument wasn't strongly affected.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

dunya wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:07 am Why can't INH be scum?
No one says he can't.

What is your interest in lynching INH, sig, et al?

You've defended Quin and colonialbob.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

when was sig close to actually being lynched? If it happened, it was before my time in this game.

Also I saw that, but you said you had solid evidence that neither sig nor INH can be scum. What's the evidence on INH?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Voters: Quin, dunya, Long Con, colonialbob

These people are voting for sig. I don't trust three of them.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

dunya wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:10 am when was sig close to actually being lynched? If it happened, it was before my time in this game.

Also I saw that, but you said you had solid evidence that neither sig nor INH can be scum. What's the evidence on INH?
It's happening right now.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

dunya wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:10 am Also I saw that, but you said you had solid evidence that neither sig nor INH can be scum. What's the evidence on INH?
Do you bother to read my posts?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:54 pm @Sloonei
dunya wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:27 pm cbob thoughts incoming

colonialbob wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:36 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:13 pm
colonialbob wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:03 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:36 pm Everyone should tell me what things in this thread you feel are most important/most warrant my attention and discussion among those I didn't just address.
I'd be interested in thoughts on me/jack/LC. Also the vote swapping from Epi to Nutella
I actually was just looking at your ISO. The long exchange you had with Jack at least looked dissociative (if that wasn't a word before it is now) -- I don't think you look like tiny mountains together. That point has limited value at present with no flips but whatever it came to mind.

I am less perturbed by your early poop fling at Sloonei than I was with DDL given that yours came first and it didn't last. I suggested in my puke that I think Jack looks good, at least for the point I raised. Could you summarize your suspicion of him for me? I raised concerns with LC separately, mostly relating to his dealings with Epignosis.

Also I am not entirely clear on everything that transpired with regard to vote movement. I'll need some help on that before I can offer much insight, otherwise I'll see you after I check myself. :p
It's kinda meta. His posting early on reminded me of his play in the HCRealms/Syndicate crossover, where he kept going on meta tangents and shunting the thread away from actual reads. He was mafia that game, I called him out D1 and got NKed for it. But he's provided some reads since then, and while I don't entirely agree with him on say LC/Epi, his posts feel genuine enough that I'm fine with him now.
Jay asks colonialbob what his suspicions of Jack are. This whole exchange reads differently after you know Jay is scum. Is it distancing? I don't think so.

I noticed that Jay did that various times in this game to townies, because Jay was distracted and wanted to possibly build loose suspicions and cases he could expand and exaggerate on against townies (because if there's one thing Jay does good, it's bullshit). I can't see Scum Jay asking Scum Bob about building a case on Townie Jack.

First point against Bob being scum. First townie point for Bob.
colonialbob wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:37 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:46 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:42 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:40 pm
colonialbob wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:53 pm
This... is a darn good question.
Is it?
You said you'd be willing to answer questions.
I did. And I answered it too, but I'm not sure why it's of interest to bob.
Because it's a weird grouping of reads and I wanted to know why you did it.
I didn't like this. I didn't understand how it was a weird grouping of reads. I did not see what colonialbob was seeing. I don't think the post is indicative of his alignment, I just didn't like it because it adds no value and kind of appears out of the blue for no reason other than....he was online when it occured? I don't see Bob commenting on everyone's lists--he specifically chose that one.

I don't like to subtract townie points for ambiguity alone, but I feel I have to with this one because I didn't like the defence.

First point for Bob being scum. First scum point for Bob.
colonialbob wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:30 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:17 am Elohcin's rainbow and dialogue with Sloonei

Sloonei's questions here were reasonable -- Elohcin voiced in vague terms that the high posters seem civ and that she'd be willing to vote for a low poster. The contents of the rainbow list don't align with that much. A change of heart is fine, but I don't know if that's even what happened in Eloh's head -- the progression is unclear. The names in the rainbow almost appear randomized. I'm surprised to see myself rated well given my own slow start, and I have no idea why Mesk is so high. I don't know why the low posters are split between yellow and orange. I don't know why the high posters Sloonei and Quin are orange. When given an opportunity to expand on these things, she just said "relax" and restated the general purpose of a rainbow list.

@Elohcin, you need to talk more about what's going on there.
So then if he was right on all that why did he drop the vote when Epi said the read/case was bad? What made him swap his vote?
Cbob prods Jay again for no other reason that to prod Jay. I can't see scum cbob asking scum Jay to elaborate on something that scum Jay was clearning Sloonei for and scum cbob wanted to prod further and (possibly) incriminate.
colonialbob wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:38 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:34 am Moreover I think the low-poster lynch strategy is ideal under these conditions.
Explain please. I'm also curious why you're defending somebody you didn't seem to be fully onboard with as town.
same as above, he questions Jay on theories. At worst a scummy cbob would have just ignored Jay and tried to latch onto someone else. He was prodding hard as early as this, I don't see it as scum cbob with scum Jay.

Second point against Bob being scum. Second townie point for Bob.
colonialbob wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:11 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:08 am
colonialbob wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:01 am Interested to see this flip, I'm like 50/50 that Jack and Sloons are w/w
also please elaborate on these reads.
Maybe a little tin-foily, but caused by Jack voting sprit instead of you (or more accurately, voting you then quickly changing votes). If he's civ, why not self-preserve? Sure he may rather vote sprit than you but if y'all are tied there's at least a 50% chance of losing town anyway. If he's mafia and you're civ, why not vote for self-preservation and hopefully get a civvie mislynch with a totally justifiable vote? But if you're w/w, his self-preservation vote doesn't buy him cred, the outcome for the team is the same either way, and by voting a third person there's a chance somebody switches and gives mafia a chance to avoid the lynch.

(This was my pre-flip analysis, not taking into account that apparently nobody can die this game)
more Sloonei prodding here, but I'm glad for this question because I like his reply. There's townie logic here. He is theorizing in a way that I think is townie-centric. I like the direction of his thoughts and suspicions. I feel they are genuine thoughts and not framing.

Third point against Bob being scum. Third townie point for Bob.

----

I'd like to say at this point it's frustrating reading cbob's ISO because it's a giant pile of fending off suspicion and accusations and answering sloonei. It reminds me a lot of what I endured in the Seinfeld game against JJJ (we were both town) and it limits a townie's efforts of actually being a contirbuting scum hunter because they have to spend all their time and energy explaining and reexplaining and making excuses. For the majority of of post Day 1 and Day 2, that's what cBob went though and it'll be really upset if it was all townie/townie action.

----

and then it's queue JJJ to break the Sloonei/cbob pattern
colonialbob wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:50 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:24 am
colonialbob wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:28 am That question was directed at JJJ because it was intended for JJJ. He was supporting your posting, so I wanted to understand why the part that bothered me didn't bother him. I wanted his thought process to help formulate a read on him, not as part of my feelings on you. I can certainly see why you interpreted this thay way, though, especially on ISO.
Can you describe the mafia mindset you attributed to Sloonei at the time regarding his vote move off of Elohcin? What about that maneuver made you suspicious of him?
He threw out a case on Eloh, nobody followed out and somebody disagreed with it, he moved off Eloh but expressed he was still fine voting her. Similarly, his "I could end up on Epi." In my experience mafia often try to gain consensus on their votes and are less likely to stake bold voting positions.

(Keep in mind part of his defense was "this is normal play for me," but I've essentially never played with him before. I modded one game on another site that I think you ebbed up replacing him, I was only alive one cycle in Crossover (and maybe he was modding?), and CC123 is far from a normal game)
Trying to look at these encounters as w/w and reasoning how likely that is.

JJJ pops out again, and senses some frustration in scum partner cbob for all the heat he's getting and questions him more about Sloonei.

Is it possible? Sure. Do I personally find it likely Jay would do that, at that specific moment, creating this specific conversation itt on purpose? No, I don't.

I mean, Jay avoided several posts I made directed towards him. He could have easily avoided butting into a conversation where cBob was explaining himself to Sloonei in a heated exchange. The fact he didn't, meant he was in a way, enjoying this was happening imo.

Fourth point against Bob being scum. Fourth townie point for Bob.
colonialbob wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:28 am
nutella wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:00 pm If I survive the night ( :scared: ) and find the time, I will ISO Cbob and determine how I feel -- he's sort of blended in for most of the game and has that problem of seeming active but still quite forgettable (I really didn't notice him/remember he was there until the end of day 2 with the sloonei stuff), so that's really not a good look, though I still think I generally got a slightly more civ vibe from him than from some others. I did like Sloonei's case, so I'm looking forward to seeing what else I find in his iso. I can be very guilty of confirmation bias when iso-ing though, so I'll try to be open-minded and look for both town tells and scum tells. :smoky:
Feel like several players did. Gonna be honest (picking on your post here but several people have said this), I'm tired of the "active but forgettable" statement. How do I even defend against that? "Sorry, I'll try shouting more?" Picking out posts is fine (even if I very much disagree with several of Sloonei's criticisms) but vague accusation is vague.
Genuine frustration imho. I'll kind of answer this one for you cBob (because I've been there before), it's because you have to spend most of your game time feigning off accusations, over and over and over again, thus your actual new contributions become less than the defenses you are spending the bulk of your time making.

Fifth point against Bob being scum. Fifth townie point for Bob.
colonialbob wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:35 am
Sloonei wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:15 pm
Quin wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:12 pm Sloonei, why didn't you vote for Jack when it became apparent a sprityo lynch was unlikely to happen?
I was not suspicious of Jack at the time. I was holding out hope that somebody would jump over to sprityo last second.
something witty about being suspicious of me not actually being open to changing my vote but then exhibiting the exact same behavior

Ok I'm done for the night. Will be pretty busy tomorrow so don't expect me until evening.
damn son. No townie points credited here, but I really hate it when someone accuses me of something because they want to find a scum in me, but end up doing that something late in the game themselves. :p

-------

at this point, cBob makes his GTH reads.

Let's look at things we know:

He named Jay good, Jay is bad.
He named Jack bad, while we aren't 100% certain there's a 90% chance Jack is good.
He named Daisy good, Daisy seems good.
He named Mesk bad, Mesk was good.
He named Dom bad, Dom was good.

Just leaving this out there. IMO, this is a townie GTH. Although I sent Jay a 5 min opinion on why I think GTH reads are useless, I'm going to play along and say this is a good thing. I won't credit him Townie points for it, because I have a principle to maintain and that is that I think GTH reads are useless :p

----------
colonialbob wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:29 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:07 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:00 pm At this stage i'll need to be convinced that colonialbob is town in order for me not to vote for him. Anyone got an argument?
There are too many suspicious players for Bob to be bad. Also, even when I disagree with him, I can kinda see where he's coming from. :shrug:
Why the change?
I can't see scum cBob questioning someone who is finally trying to view him as town. I can see a townie cBob doing that. Indeed, a townie dunya often does that because even when people are town-reading you, you want to know why and how because everyone and anyone can be suspicious, even your supporters. This was on board questioning with his GTH reads -- he questions Jack, who he believes is more bad than good.

Sixth point against Bob being scum. Sixth townie point for Bob.
I didn't quite like this abrupt post, but then again, things were happening, Jay's name was popping up.

The next post made me feel a bit better:

He was the first person to mention the bussing scenario. I like it. I feel it was authentic townie. I don't award people the same level of townie points who made the same observation after him.

Seventh point against Bob being scum. Seventh townie point for Bob.

-------

Next is the Jay lynching episode. There are way too many posts to quote, but post JJJ flip, is definitely Townie cBob making analysis on voting pattern. I realize a lot of people can argue this is all possible bussing, so I won't award any townie points but I feel it was a townie effort for the whole.

-------

I have to stop here for now.

I want to share what I have this far in. I just have way too much school work, sorry, guys. I'll try to finish cBob, but I think you get the gist of my read on him.
Thanks. I share your hesitation regarding those Jay/Bob dialogues earlier in the game. They've been my main hangup. But what keeps me from turning Bob into a town read as a result of them is the person on the other side of those dialogues: Jay. I expect him to have conversations like that with his teammates indiscriminately when he's bad. He knows what associations (or lack thereof) townies are looking for when they go hunting. And, while I'm not tremendously familiar with Bob as an individual, I have spent some time with other HCRealms players (Jack and Malakim are two others here in this game with us), and I see no reason to believe that an intricate strategy like this would be beyond the grasp of one of their players. Bob seems to know how to handle himself generally within the game of Mafia.

I also give him no credit for potentially being the first to publicly acknowledge that Jay was a prime bus candidate on Day 4. I don't know whether that distinction is truly his or not, but it is something that was obvious, I think, and one of his teammates surely would have been clued into this even more than a townie.

I'm deep in the tunnel. I've never experienced a suspicion like this one before. Usually when I make this much noise about a player I eventually change my mind or one of us ends up dead. I've been screaming about Bob for a week now and we're both still here. I'm not sure I can turn off this read, and I'm not sure I want to. I firmly believe he's not a big mountain.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:09 am
dunya wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:07 am Why can't INH be scum?
No one says he can't.

What is your interest in lynching INH, sig, et al?

You've defended Quin and colonialbob.
You answered your own question. I think Quin and cBob are town. I believe INH or sig are scum.

I take everything Jay said in way of framing "low posters" with a grain of salt because there were more Townie inactives than scum inactives. I don't recall sig ever being close to being lynched. You're exaggerating what power and effect Jay had over driving a sig lynch.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 781
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

I leave you punks alone for 2 hours and now we've got a 3 way tie :\
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Blah. I'm waffling again. Epi is convincing and he's had pretty good instincts so far. But unfortunately I'm going to bed so I've got to make up my mind.

quin

Final answer.

[mention]dunya[/mention] I'd look into quin, DDL, and Wilgy (who's oddly gotten a total pass the last couple of days)
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:12 am
dunya wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:10 am Also I saw that, but you said you had solid evidence that neither sig nor INH can be scum. What's the evidence on INH?
Do you bother to read my posts?
well, most of them today were weak sauce like tunneling a player who says something against you that you don't like. You build this huge case against him and make him admit he's bad at scum hunting, etc. which imo is demeaning. but that's just me. so I skip those.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

[mention]Epignosis[/mention] if you switch back to Quin he'll be in the lead over sig.

still, hey [mention]Long Con[/mention] you could join us you know. remember last time I asked you to join me? yeah, it was a scum! :P
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Previous Side Missions”