50%

Total votes: 16
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 497

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 7]

Post by speedchuck »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:11 pm
Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:06 pm i have to look back and see if something i remember LC saying actually happened or if i just dreamed it
nevermind, apparently it was just a dream
Kylemii mafias in his dreams now
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]Dragon D. Luffy[/mention], care to give us a list of reasons to read everyone as town?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 781
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:15 pm
Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:06 pm i have to look back and see if something i remember LC saying actually happened or if i just dreamed it
Or maybe I've just ascended and now my dreams contain cryptic clues to solve mafia like that dude from Twin Peaks.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 485
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:20 pm @Dragon D. Luffy, care to give us a list of reasons to read everyone as town?
Yes, but give me a few hours.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 485
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

The list will probably boil down to the word "gut" being repeated 17 times tho.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:24 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:20 pm @Dragon D. Luffy, care to give us a list of reasons to read everyone as town?
Yes, but give me a few hours.
is there any way we can expedite that? they don't need to be thorough reads. 1-2 sentences is all I need.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:21 pm
Or maybe I've just ascended and now my dreams contain cryptic clues to solve mafia like that dude from Twin Peaks.
What do they tell you about Wilgy?

But no, seriously, please ISO Wilgy. I'm more interested in your opinion on him than anyone else's. :grin:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 798

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 3]

Post by dunya »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:35 am
Quin wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:35 am
nutella wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:34 am come on LC (or kyle or quin or wilgy) join usss
I don't know the 3J case. I would rather CFD Eloh if my vote is to move.
Elohcin
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:40 am Back to Mesk
I can see this whole bullshit case as distancing from Eloh. He voted for her and jumped to Mesk like 5 mins later. I don't think he was actively trying to get Eloh lynched. I read that segment and everyone apart from Quin was opposed. He was pushing it for the sake of pushing it. Jay is a great bullshitter, he didn't even try that hard.

That's how I see how that went down anyway.

Also, the whole Eloh episode should clear Quin even more imo.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Man I woke up this morning thinking "hmm..... actually.... Sloonei is totally bad and has been playing us and I'm totally gonna vote for him" but apparently you guys think there's decent hints that cbob cop-checked him. Meh. Idk if I'm totally sold on that, but I'm also kinda tinfoiling hard rn and occam's razor is that Sloonei is town as town can be. Kyle is probably my next likely vote, but I haven't really figured out why I'm leaning that way either. Mostly I just feel way more lost as to who could be bad after the cbob flip than I have been for most of the game and I'm reconsidering some possibilities.

Sloonei, I don't really feel like doing your exercise and I honestly don't see how it's helpful. I don't think it's a helpful way of thinking about players or trying to solve the game. I'll just convince myself that everyone has some reason to be good and I'll never find scum that way. I'm not sure what you're getting out of this exercise but IMO people's answers so far have been total fluff and devoid of constructive gameplay. Maybe I'm wrong and maybe you're figuring out which players show a pattern of weakest/least reason to look civ, but I personally don't view this little game you set up as a particularly town way of solving the game. If anything it feels eerily similar to Jay urging everyone to do the GTHs, and he was bad.

What's your reasoning for looking at why people look town and figuring out which of those are weakest, instead of the other way around, looking at reasons everyone could look bad and seeing which are strongest?
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 206

Post by Elohcin »

dunya wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:22 pm speedchuck - I can't put my finger on it yet (and also I haven't had a chance to really iso speed yet but I will), but there's something here that doesn't add up. He doesn't seem focused and in townie mode to me. :shrug: I feel like sometimes he's intentionally trying to distance himself from the thread. I want to go back and see how likely a JJJ/speedchuck pairing would be, but I can see it. He's going to be my first focus.

Elochin - What I particularly didn't like, however, was how she clarified that she's not active as either Town or Scum (yesterday) to me. It felt almost as an early defence. She keeps throwing her activity around, when it wasn't he activity that I was accusing her off solely. I mean, I did say I found it odd how she has posted loads about not having time and what she has to do, but still. I called her out on a lot of inconsistencies too. I can't town read her, sorry. Sorry if I'm wrong, because I get how you have kids and a husband and a job. But like, have those things too and she yourself said her activity level is not alignment indicative, so, I'll go with my scum read on her and sorry if I'm wrong. :shrug: I still think placing Dom as a top suspect before INH in the list she made was really odd too, regardless of how early it was and especially how early in the game it was: she wanted Dom lynched before INH. She made a concious decision in that regard.

nijuu - sorry, but like, out of sig and you, I think you're the last scum. I hope you can convince us to look elsewhere.

so basically, speed, eloh and nilju are my current scum reads. If one of them isn't, I'd look into Kyle first because I am basing most of my read on what I think a scum Kyle wouldn't resort to in a reaction, but I could be wrong. :shrug:
I don't even know what to say to this. You have been on me over and over for not contributing enough so I tell you I don't ever contribute as much as you are, whether bad or good. Then, you say that my participation isn't even the big reason why you are after me and fault me for defending myself with reasons why I don't participate like you.
You get on me for a speedy, upchucked rainbow list that I did just to try to put some kind of effort in the beginning of the game. I only did it because I felt pressured to give reads when I didn't really have any yet. I tell you you're reading too much into it...that it was just a quick thing I posted so I could get to other things needing my attention and you keep harping on it. Do you not see all the other reads I've given? I swear if its not in fancy colors or in ISO form, you just discredit it and act as if it's not there. I know you're sick and I know it sucks...so I'm sorry to go after you like this. But if you want to think I'm bad, please find something...anything other than my lack of intense ISOs and my stupid rainbow list.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 3]

Post by Sloonei »

dunya wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:36 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:35 am
Quin wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:35 am
nutella wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:34 am come on LC (or kyle or quin or wilgy) join usss
I don't know the 3J case. I would rather CFD Eloh if my vote is to move.
Elohcin
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:40 am Back to Mesk
I can see this whole bullshit case as distancing from Eloh. He voted for her and jumped to Mesk like 5 mins later. I don't think he was actively trying to get Eloh lynched. I read that segment and everyone apart from Quin was opposed. He was pushing it for the sake of pushing it. Jay is a great bullshitter, he didn't even try that hard.

That's how I see how that went down anyway.

Also, the whole Eloh episode should clear Quin even more imo.
In the moment it felt like he was pushing it to get her lynched. He made a big ISO case against her, and when I called on him to name one suspect above all others to push a lynch against, he named Elohcin and pushed her lynch. Mesk came up and gained more traction.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:41 pm Man I woke up this morning thinking "hmm..... actually.... Sloonei is totally bad and has been playing us and I'm totally gonna vote for him" but apparently you guys think there's decent hints that cbob cop-checked him. Meh. Idk if I'm totally sold on that, but I'm also kinda tinfoiling hard rn and occam's razor is that Sloonei is town as town can be. Kyle is probably my next likely vote, but I haven't really figured out why I'm leaning that way either. Mostly I just feel way more lost as to who could be bad after the cbob flip than I have been for most of the game and I'm reconsidering some possibilities.

Sloonei, I don't really feel like doing your exercise and I honestly don't see how it's helpful. I don't think it's a helpful way of thinking about players or trying to solve the game. I'll just convince myself that everyone has some reason to be good and I'll never find scum that way. I'm not sure what you're getting out of this exercise but IMO people's answers so far have been total fluff and devoid of constructive gameplay. Maybe I'm wrong and maybe you're figuring out which players show a pattern of weakest/least reason to look civ, but I personally don't view this little game you set up as a particularly town way of solving the game. If anything it feels eerily similar to Jay urging everyone to do the GTHs, and he was bad.

What's your reasoning for looking at why people look town and figuring out which of those are weakest, instead of the other way around, looking at reasons everyone could look bad and seeing which are strongest?
I'm not asking anyone to adopt the mindset that everybody is town. I'm just asking people to rack their brains for a reason why everybody could be town. After you make the list, you can throw those reads out the window.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I agree with nutella that slooneis adventure to find civs is silly.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Tbh the more I think about it, unless I'm misremembering something, there's actually no reason at all to clear Sloonei based on the day 2 no-lynch. On the poll, it was 5-5 Jack-Sloonei. In real count, unless Sutter Buttes was in play, it was 6-5 Jack-Sloonei. If SB was hiding Sloonei it would be 6-4, but Jack was already in the lead so it's irrelevant. I think Jack was Aconcagua and survived the lynch (using up his "first attempt on his life" so he was then vulnerable to the night kill). Sloonei's role doesn't enter into it at all if that was the case.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Elohcin wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:42 pm You get on me for a speedy, upchucked rainbow list
Don't blame me for this.
nutella wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:41 pm Man I woke up this morning thinking "hmm..... actually.... Sloonei is totally bad and has been playing us and I'm totally gonna vote for him" but apparently you guys think there's decent hints that cbob cop-checked him. Meh. Idk if I'm totally sold on that, but I'm also kinda tinfoiling hard rn and occam's razor is that Sloonei is town as town can be. Kyle is probably my next likely vote, but I haven't really figured out why I'm leaning that way either. Mostly I just feel way more lost as to who could be bad after the cbob flip than I have been for most of the game and I'm reconsidering some possibilities.
Sloon the man himself disputes the idea that bob got a check on him. As of yet, no townfirms.

What do you think of Wilgy, nutella?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:32 pm

But no, seriously, please ISO Wilgy. I'm more interested in your opinion on him than anyone else's. :grin:
I read through Wilgy's posts for Sloonei's excercise, while he hasn't pushed any personally strong convictions like he did in Pirates. Other than that, I didn't see anything specifically alignment indicative. Jay went after Doctor Wilgy pretty early on in a way that seemed a little too hot for distancing.

Why are you so interested in my view on the Wilgster?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I do think I'd be more likely to get a check from Bob than most other players. I just refuted the notion that he had a read on me at a specific point, because I went from being his top suspect on Day 2, to a townread during Night 2. But I must have had his attention and if he had a check available, it seems reasonable to consider that I could have been a person he'd want to investigate.
I haven't given much thought to how he would have used his role. That sort of thing is not my forte.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:47 pm Tbh the more I think about it, unless I'm misremembering something, there's actually no reason at all to clear Sloonei based on the day 2 no-lynch. On the poll, it was 5-5 Jack-Sloonei. In real count, unless Sutter Buttes was in play, it was 6-5 Jack-Sloonei. If SB was hiding Sloonei it would be 6-4, but Jack was already in the lead so it's irrelevant. I think Jack was Aconcagua and survived the lynch (using up his "first attempt on his life" so he was then vulnerable to the night kill). Sloonei's role doesn't enter into it at all if that was the case.
:sigh:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:50 pm
speedchuck wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:32 pm

I read through Wilgy's posts for Sloonei's excercise, while he hasn't pushed any personally strong convictions like he did in Pirates. Other than that, I didn't see anything specifically alignment indicative. Jay went after Doctor Wilgy pretty early on in a way that seemed a little too hot for distancing.

Why are you so interested in my view on the Wilgster?
Looking for theoretical Wilgy scummates. Could you show me this "hot not-distancing?" I must have missed it, because I got Wilgy as a suspecto numero one.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

nutella wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:47 pm Tbh the more I think about it, unless I'm misremembering something, there's actually no reason at all to clear Sloonei based on the day 2 no-lynch. On the poll, it was 5-5 Jack-Sloonei. In real count, unless Sutter Buttes was in play, it was 6-5 Jack-Sloonei. If SB was hiding Sloonei it would be 6-4, but Jack was already in the lead so it's irrelevant. I think Jack was Aconcagua and survived the lynch (using up his "first attempt on his life" so he was then vulnerable to the night kill). Sloonei's role doesn't enter into it at all if that was the case.
Sloonei hinted at thinking the lynch would end in a no lynvh, and he did so earlier than Jack did. that's the whole reason why I suspected Jack was lying
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'm incapable of posting with this much intensity and volume if I'm anything less than 100% honest and sincere. I'm simply not a good enough liar to do what I have done in this game. You can call wifom on that if you want. But I'm not an exceptional scum player, and my history (or lack thereof) really should bear that out. Street Fighter is the only game I've ever played on the Syndicate in which I lasted past Day 1 as scum.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Elohcin wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:42 pm
dunya wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:22 pm speedchuck - I can't put my finger on it yet (and also I haven't had a chance to really iso speed yet but I will), but there's something here that doesn't add up. He doesn't seem focused and in townie mode to me. :shrug: I feel like sometimes he's intentionally trying to distance himself from the thread. I want to go back and see how likely a JJJ/speedchuck pairing would be, but I can see it. He's going to be my first focus.

Elochin - What I particularly didn't like, however, was how she clarified that she's not active as either Town or Scum (yesterday) to me. It felt almost as an early defence. She keeps throwing her activity around, when it wasn't he activity that I was accusing her off solely. I mean, I did say I found it odd how she has posted loads about not having time and what she has to do, but still. I called her out on a lot of inconsistencies too. I can't town read her, sorry. Sorry if I'm wrong, because I get how you have kids and a husband and a job. But like, have those things too and she yourself said her activity level is not alignment indicative, so, I'll go with my scum read on her and sorry if I'm wrong. :shrug: I still think placing Dom as a top suspect before INH in the list she made was really odd too, regardless of how early it was and especially how early in the game it was: she wanted Dom lynched before INH. She made a concious decision in that regard.

nijuu - sorry, but like, out of sig and you, I think you're the last scum. I hope you can convince us to look elsewhere.

so basically, speed, eloh and nilju are my current scum reads. If one of them isn't, I'd look into Kyle first because I am basing most of my read on what I think a scum Kyle wouldn't resort to in a reaction, but I could be wrong. :shrug:
I don't even know what to say to this. You have been on me over and over for not contributing enough so I tell you I don't ever contribute as much as you are, whether bad or good. Then, you say that my participation isn't even the big reason why you are after me and fault me for defending myself with reasons why I don't participate like you.
You get on me for a speedy, upchucked rainbow list that I did just to try to put some kind of effort in the beginning of the game. I only did it because I felt pressured to give reads when I didn't really have any yet. I tell you you're reading too much into it...that it was just a quick thing I posted so I could get to other things needing my attention and you keep harping on it. Do you not see all the other reads I've given? I swear if its not in fancy colors or in ISO form, you just discredit it and act as if it's not there. I know you're sick and I know it sucks...so I'm sorry to go after you like this. But if you want to think I'm bad, please find something...anything other than my lack of intense ISOs and my stupid rainbow list.
:tea:

sorry.

don't be angry at me.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

maybe I've been way off this game. I really don't have suspects beyond those 3. I could be swayed on Quin or Kyle. Wilgy I've ruled out. DDL....seems too all over the place to be scum.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

dunya wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:58 pm maybe I've been way off this game. I really don't have suspects beyond those 3. I could be swayed on Quin or Kyle. Wilgy I've ruled out. DDL....seems too all over the place to be scum.
why are you so confident in LC?

also are you able to finish your list of town reads?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

i think Sloonei's excercise is valuable.

everyone has at least one player they think is civ because of vibes or displayed effort or whatever.

As our numbers dwindle I think it's important to review why we think these things

also, as we have fewer and fewer living players narrowing down who probably isn't bad to figure out who is becomes a more and more valid strategy
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:00 pm i think Sloonei's excercise is valuable.

everyone has at least one player they think is civ because of vibes or displayed effort or whatever.

As our numbers dwindle I think it's important to review why we think these things

also, as we have fewer and fewer living players narrowing down who probably isn't bad to figure out who is becomes a more and more valid strategy
I have a follow up question which I'm not asking until more people have done it as well.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:47 pm
Elohcin wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:42 pm You get on me for a speedy, upchucked rainbow list
Don't blame me for this.
LOL! Thank you. I needed that laugh.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

dunya wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:58 pm maybe I've been way off this game. I really don't have suspects beyond those 3. I could be swayed on Quin or Kyle. Wilgy I've ruled out. DDL....seems too all over the place to be scum.
Show me your work.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:59 pm

I did, I did everyone. :shrug:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

dunya wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:05 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:59 pm

I did, I did everyone. :shrug:
oh. i must have missed a section.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Just looked at Wilgy and there's not very much alignment-indicative either way, which makes me want to lean scum on him. But I do think there is one thing that makes me want to believe he's town and it might be the same thing dunya is thinking.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

nutella wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:05 pm Just looked at Wilgy and there's not very much alignment-indicative either way, which makes me want to lean scum on him. But I do think there is one thing that makes me want to believe he's town and it might be the same thing dunya is thinking.
yeah, I was leaning scum on him. His very curt answers weren't helping, but then that thing hit me.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:04 pm
Show me your work.
I'd say read his ISO again. :smoky:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I feel a little shaky after reading the extent of Jay's Eloh case. It's hard because I wasn't there when this Eloh push happened. It's different when you see how desperate and close to deadline something is when it's happening. At sloonei's rec, I'm going to push her up and someone down in her place.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

dunya wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:11 pm
Show me your work.
I read his ISO today. Extensively. That's why I'm voting him. :suspish:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

we really have to try and lynch scum today. It come to 3 vs 9 now (8 if you count the 3P as a separate entity)
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:14 pm
Show me your work.
How do I know you're not scum trying to get info out of me? :shifty:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

so, I have no idea who I will be lynching and I don't have all night to decide.

Can we speed up the exercise sloonei so I can make a more informed decision before I pass out?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

also, I despise being called a drug dealer :o
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I'll start reading speed's iso and taking notes till Sloonei gets back to me. I certainly won't finish it today.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Show me your work.
Can you do me a solid and ISO Jay's posts and ctrl+f Wilgy first? I want to know what other people see his talks about Wilgy distancing or legit lynch setup.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

dunya wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:16 pm we really have to try and lynch scum today. It come to 3 vs 9 now (8 if you count the 3P as a separate entity)
If the 3P is still alive. TMI.
dunya wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:17 pm
Show me your work.
How do I know you're not scum trying to get info out of me? :shifty:
:huh: :confused:

What are you talking about? I want to know how you--

Oh. Darnit I'm not sure how to approach this.

linki: I'll try to actually build a case unless Dunya tells me 100% that it's a waste of time.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:25 pm Reasons I can read everyone as town:

Dragon D. Luffy - I have "mind-melded" with DDL on a couple of occasions, and he made one defensive post early on which read as highly emotional and passionate, the kind of thing I don't see being faked.
DrWilgy - Jay went after him hard.
dunya - Believable-as-heck tone, has put as much work as anyone into the thread despite numerous RL reasons not to.
Elohcin - She was Jay's top lynch priority on Day 3 when prompted to name any suspect at all. This would have to be a very aggressive bussing strategy for them to be teammates. This is also among the most involved games I've seen Elohcin play.
nijuukyugou - Finally a post from this player slot! Insertglorfblooper is town because there's no way two players fail to pick up a scum role card, right?
Kylemii - Believable tone. Has put a high volume of content into the thread without ever appearing seriously uncomfortable.
Long Con - He's a fearless scumster, but appears less involved than usual this game.
nutella - Possibly Everest. Helped kickstart the Jay bandwagon on Day 3.
Quin - I believe his tone, he aggressively defended Jay, and Jay may have been making a concerted effort to pocket Quin.
sig - Jay tried to lynch him.
Sloonei - Role card says so.
speedchuck - Similar to Long Con, though I have at times also felt like Speedchuck has presented some sincere thoughts and doubts in the thread.
I'm heading out for a few hours and I'd like for this exercise to actually lead somewhere today, so I'll explain myself and ask The Question now and hope that it helps in some area.

The purpose of this exercise is to get us all thinking about the possibility that each player is town, because that is a possibility obviously. After going through and making the list, my question for all the kind folks who participation is this: which pro-town arguments were the hardest for you to come up with, or which arguments did you find least convincing?

For me the players I struggled with/were least convinced by are: Long Con, nijuukyugou, wilgy, and speedchuck. Those are the players I'd be inclined to follow up on as a result of this for myself. But the point of gathering as many folks as possible is so that we can all compare our answers. So I'd like a response to this from everybody who participated. [mention]dunya[/mention] [mention]DrWilgy[/mention] [mention]speedchuck[/mention] [mention]Kylemii[/mention]

I'd still be happy if more people wanted to take a crack at this and I appreciate those of you who have gone through with this at my incessant begging. Thanks.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

My answer to Sloonei's exercise.

DrWilgy
Elohcin
nijuukyugou
Long Con
sig
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:32 pm My answer to Sloonei's exercise.

DrWilgy
Elohcin
nijuukyugou
Long Con
sig
I suggest ISOing Jay and going over all his Elo mentions (I ISOd Elo and went all over the Jay mentions, it was different).

That may sway you on Eloh. Let me know if it does/doesn't pls. xxx
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

dunya wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:35 pm
speedchuck wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:32 pm My answer to Sloonei's exercise.

DrWilgy
Elohcin
nijuukyugou
Long Con
sig
I suggest ISOing Jay and going over all his Elo mentions (I ISOd Elo and went all over the Jay mentions, it was different).

That may sway you on Eloh. Let me know if it does/doesn't pls. xxx
Yeah, and Jay going after the Lurkers happily will convince me on Niju and Sig. Jay went after everyone.

Not that it matters. Unless you have an actual objection, I want to lynch Wilgy. :evileye:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Screw it all.

Even trying to quote JJJ/Wilgy gives me infinite pyramids of quote failures. I suck at ISOs. Sorry [mention]Kylemii[/mention]
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

that's what I thought, because the lurkers were mostly town anyway.

Well, I'll object to Wilgy being lynched yes. Will you retreat now?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention]
Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:54 pm focusing only on things that I've seen as civ indicators from memory

Dragon D. Luffy - pretty rough aggro between him and Jay early on, aggro seems genuine, would be a buck wild strategy if w/w

DrWilgy - hmmmm.... he seems relaxed. Jay also did go after him quite a bit early on.

dunya - has put a huge amount of effort into this game, and if whoeverthefuck said it is to be believe then this is probably civ dunya

Elohcin - Jay went after her in a way which seemed too strong for distancing.

Kylemii - role card

Long Con - hmm.... at the time it was happening, back on day 1 when he was going after Epignosis I felt like the passion in his pursuit felt genuine

nijuukyugou - has contributing a lot lately compared to previous slot holders. technically speaking she has infinitely increased her player slots number of posts

nutella - mechanically likely to be a specific civ role, if she wasn't she would have drawn attention by now but the real owner of that role

Quin - at times has seemed genuine and reasonable

sig - ehh.... none. well... Jay went after sig early on in a way which might have been sowing seeds or distancing, there's a nonzero possibility that it's the former.

Sloonei - mechanics.... I think? but also good vibes. has been working hard

speedchuck - there was an early clash between speed and Jay that I think was slightly too strong to be distancing
Sig, Quin, LC, nijuukyugou were probably the hardest

Dr Wilgy DDL and Elohcin were 3 players I had to look back on because I didn't have a strong conceptualization of their gameplay in this game in mind, after looking back at their posts and Jay's posts again i'm leaning more town for them than I was before. For DDL and Elohcin especially.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:40 pm Screw it all.

Even trying to quote JJJ/Wilgy gives me infinite pyramids of quote failures. I suck at ISOs. Sorry Kylemii
No need to apologize or quote anything, can you just read it and let me know what you think?

Return to “Previous Side Missions”