50%

Total votes: 16
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 781
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 7]

Post by Kylemii »

So.... We still have to lynch someone today.

I'd be okay with Dr. Wilgy, Sig, LC, and maaaaaybe Quin?

nijuukyugou gets a pass... i guess. she literally just got here.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 206

Post by Elohcin »

Wow, I was gone a few hours and there hasn't been much talk. I said this already. I think we need to go back to where we were before all the CFD (I think that's what you would call what has happened in just about all, if not all our lynches). Its like we have our mind made up and and then it gets changed at the end. I'm up for voting sig, kyle, or quin. I think those were the ones who had cases against them which were forgotten in the CFDs. But most of all, I'm up for sloonei. I think he took us down a rabbit trail today and wasted our time as I thought would happen. I cannot stay up late. I will be voting within the next hour.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Elohcin wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:16 pm Wow, I was gone a few hours and there hasn't been much talk. I said this already. I think we need to go back to where we were before all the CFD (I think that's what you would call what has happened in just about all, if not all our lynches). Its like we have our mind made up and and then it gets changed at the end. I'm up for voting sig, kyle, or quin. I think those were the ones who had cases against them which were forgotten in the CFDs. But most of all, I'm up for sloonei. I think he took us down a rabbit trail today and wasted our time as I thought would happen. I cannot stay up late. I will be voting within the next hour.
:shrug2: :suspish:
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

[mention]Elohcin[/mention] what are your views on LC and Dr Wilgy?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

dunya wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:21 pm I'll start reading speed's iso and taking notes till Sloonei gets back to me. I certainly won't finish it today.
what am i getting back to you on?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:38 pm
dunya wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:21 pm I'll start reading speed's iso and taking notes till Sloonei gets back to me. I certainly won't finish it today.
what am i getting back to you on?
it's 3:40am in sweden rn she's probably not going to respond to you today
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention] did operation trust fall do anything to inform your decision on who to vote for in todays lynch?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

i decided it should be called operation trust fall cus you didn't think to name it. if you don't like the name then too bad, it's done already.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:29 pm For me the players I struggled with/were least convinced by are: Long Con, nijuukyugou, wilgy, and speedchuck.
speedchuck wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:32 pm My answer to Sloonei's exercise.

DrWilgy
Elohcin
nijuukyugou
Long Con
sig
Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:43 pm @Sloonei
Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:54 pm focusing only on things that I've seen as civ indicators from memory

Dragon D. Luffy - pretty rough aggro between him and Jay early on, aggro seems genuine, would be a buck wild strategy if w/w

DrWilgy - hmmmm.... he seems relaxed. Jay also did go after him quite a bit early on.

dunya - has put a huge amount of effort into this game, and if whoeverthefuck said it is to be believe then this is probably civ dunya

Elohcin - Jay went after her in a way which seemed too strong for distancing.

Kylemii - role card

Long Con - hmm.... at the time it was happening, back on day 1 when he was going after Epignosis I felt like the passion in his pursuit felt genuine

nijuukyugou - has contributing a lot lately compared to previous slot holders. technically speaking she has infinitely increased her player slots number of posts

nutella - mechanically likely to be a specific civ role, if she wasn't she would have drawn attention by now but the real owner of that role

Quin - at times has seemed genuine and reasonable

sig - ehh.... none. well... Jay went after sig early on in a way which might have been sowing seeds or distancing, there's a nonzero possibility that it's the former.

Sloonei - mechanics.... I think? but also good vibes. has been working hard

speedchuck - there was an early clash between speed and Jay that I think was slightly too strong to be distancing
Sig, Quin, LC, nijuukyugou were probably the hardest

Dr Wilgy DDL and Elohcin were 3 players I had to look back on because I didn't have a strong conceptualization of their gameplay in this game in mind, after looking back at their posts and Jay's posts again i'm leaning more town for them than I was before. For DDL and Elohcin especially.
dunya wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:14 pm following sloonei's question:

I found it hardest to write about (in this order)
Eloh
speed
Quin :/
nijuu - because obviously
Kyle
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:06 pm Oh I like this.

I guess that would be Wilgy. And Eloh. Kyle too.

Quin's one reminded me that he does sound legit in spite of everything.
Players named as having the least convincing townie arguments:

DrWilgy - 4
niju - 4
Elohcin - 3
Long Con - 3
Kylemii - 2
Quin - 2
Sig - 2
Speedchuck - 2

Niju is the obvious tough one because her spot in the game has been totally absent prior to her arrival today. Wilgy is the player for whom this small sample of players had the toughest team arguing in favor of. However, the one person who did not name him (dunya) is arguing vigorously in his favor. Elohcin and Long Con represent the middle tier, with 3/5 each. Kyle, Quin, Sig, and Speedchuck all received 2 mentions apiece. There's no one that was named by all 5 of us, nor was anyone named just once.

I could stand to ISO wilgy. He's been hanging out under the radar for most of the game. I would prefer to give blooper a chance to make her own name in this game rather than lynching her right away.
I have been voting for Long Con since the start of the day and nothing's swayed me to move off yet, though DDL voiced strong support of him.
I think Eloh is town based on the way Jay treated her. I have noted that both her and wilgy (along with nutella) have all taken stances (to varying degrees) against me in the last ~24 hours and I'm not sure what to make of this just yet. Eloh at least has appeared to have a fluctuating suspicion against me since Day 1, but she completely rejected this very exercise from the moment I brought it up for no discernible reason.

I'd be open to arguments against the four in the bottom tier. I still feel like this is town Quin, and the arguments for and against Sig have been made at this point. Kyle and Speedchuck haven't had much of a consensus around them at any point in this game.

The players I find myself most likely to vote for today are Long Con, speedchuck, or wilgy.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:42 pm @Sloonei did operation trust fall do anything to inform your decision on who to vote for in todays lynch?
Operation Trust Fall could have benefited from higher participation rates, but I've just posted my findings and they await follow up discussion.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:20 pm Did more thinking about Sloonei's reason for civ questions. I don't have the time to list em out or explain right now, but the ones I had the hardest time validating as civs were (and in this order) Niju-sig, Dunya, Long Con, Quin. With everyone else, I can see them in a civ light easier.
I missed wilgy's results. Including him our tally looks like this:

niju - 5
DrWilgy - 4
Long Con - 4
Elohcin - 3
Quin - 3
Kylemii - 2
Sig - 2
Speedchuck - 2
dunya - 1

That makes dunya our only player to earn a single nod in this exercise, and bumps ninjablooper up into the lead because she's a coin flip.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

If wilgy is bad it means that Jay opted to bus him pretty hard. He would have been making a direct effort to put serious distance between himself and a teammate. If he employs this strategy with one teammate, he may have employed it with another.
If wilgy is scum, I have no reason to town read Elohcin.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Jay's case building against Eloh happened a little earlier than it did with Wilgy. His case against her really started up on day 3. His was Day 4.

What day would JaggedJimmyJay have started preparing to be lynched, would he have done so from the start?
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 320
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Quin wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:18 pm Kyle is no longer a suspect.
Why not?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:10 pm Jay's case building against Eloh happened a little earlier than it did with Wilgy. His case against her really started up on day 3. His was Day 4.

What day would JaggedJimmyJay have started preparing to be lynched, would he have done so from the start?
He would have been conscious of the trail he'd leave behind from the start of the game, but I don't think he was "preparing to be lynched" until after Day 3. I think it's certainly possible that he'd actively bus a partner or two without a visible need to do so.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

switched to drwilgy
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:36 pm @Elohcin what are your views on LC and Dr Wilgy?
I think both could be bad. I don't trust either. LC is quiet for his meta. Wilgy is talking about the same as usual which means not much to go on. But...there are others who have more and better points against them. So... I think that's where we should focus.

I have to vote. Let me look at the poll and try to catch up and decide where to place it. Gotta get some sleep as tomorrow is another long workday.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Somebody asked about experience being partnered with scumjay. It's happened to me once, for one day in Street Fighter. I received heavy scrutiny from him on that day:
link
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Oh wait...thats right. JJJ had a case against wilgy, I forgot about that. So he probably isn't scum.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Elohcin wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:30 pm Oh wait...thats right. JJJ had a case against wilgy, I forgot about that. So he probably isn't scum.
Unless JJJ was distancing.

Are you still suspicious of Sloonei?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Elohcin wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:30 pm Oh wait...thats right. JJJ had a case against wilgy, I forgot about that. So he probably isn't scum.
nope.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:29 pm Somebody asked about experience being partnered with scumjay. It's happened to me once, for one day in Street Fighter. I received heavy scrutiny from him on that day:
link
can you provide more context? i'm probably not going to click that link
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 464

Post by Quin »

Long Con wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:22 pm
Why not?
I've got a civ role in mind for him.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Even though I would rather vote sloon, I went with quin because he already has a vote. I hate to do that, but as y'all can see... I have two votes. I cannot stay up any longer to help save myself, so I'll do what I can. I'm telling y'all... I think we are doing these bad lynches to ourselves. We have all these suspects and all of a sudden today you are going to decide to leave that behind and vote for me. This is not helping.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:32 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:29 pm Somebody asked about experience being partnered with scumjay. It's happened to me once, for one day in Street Fighter. I received heavy scrutiny from him on that day:
link
can you provide more context? i'm probably not going to click that link
These are all posts he made on Day 1 of that game. we were teammates and I faced very little sustained pressure outside of his posts until later in the game:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:37 pm Sloonei, your responses to basic-tier poop flings of the Day 0/1 variety strike me as timidly playful. You answered them literally but did not attempt to explore the accusers themselves. WHY?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:45 pm I clicked the Sloonei button in the poll. It's right up there. Okay that's all my time for now.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:51 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:47 pm I don't see what everyone else is seeing in Sloonei.

What did you see in sloonei Jay?
Not that much, honestly, but one has to place a vote. Time is quite limited in these 24/24 games. I don't think the "alien" accusations are especially interesting, but I also think Sloonei's responses looked like someone swatting at flies instead of someone engaging a new game in townmode -- being accused over something dumb tends to create more of an active response from high-facilitation townies of Sloonei's character than what I saw.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:45 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:31 pm
Diiny wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:29 pm MP: Why did you agree that jay is a neutral read and then say he's the scummiest non-lurker? I've read your explenation which makes me question why you agreed with me that he was neutral.

And I do have the weirds for MP but now more people have showed up and I need to grill them.

And now that there are other bandwagons forming I think I'm safe in saying that I completely agree with JJJ re sloonei. When I was scum with him in AOL he was very much off topic and then defensive. It's what I bussed him for, anyway. It's not much to go on, but for day 1 it's voteable. Considering him for my vote. Also makes me feel safer re JJJ.

Gonna grill these guys before voting though.
Would you say that this is an accurate description of my posts in this game?

I may vote Bass to save myself if I have to, but I'm also still at work and can't really engage wih stuff.
I wouldn't call you off-topic, but I would call you defense-oriented. Your posts are rather Sloonei-centric. You have a unique opportunity as the subject of much dialogue in this thread to generate some manner of reads, but I don't know that I have seen an effort. You wrote off LC and Jack, and gave a vaguely negative assessment of speedchuck.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

If you vote me, you are making the same mistake you did in the last few lynches where you go from a very suspicious person to someone not so suspicious during eod and boom...bye bye civ.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Quin wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:33 pm
Why not?
Kyle, does this make any sense to you?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 497

Post by speedchuck »

Moving back to wilgy. Gonna go with my gut. I hope Dunya wasn't hinting at a role for Wilgy with her arguments, but everything was frustratingly kept from me.

Wilgy ain't right this game, and I'm 70-80% sure it isn't the post count.

Linki: Eloh, I'm the only one that's jumped on you. Dunya's been on you all day. And that's two players. We need more vote participation.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

So "Jay mini-busses his teammates ahead of time" has historical precedence.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:42 pm So "Jay mini-busses his teammates ahead of time" has historical precedence.
:srsnod:

I am just now learning this
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Quin is town BTW, so y'all get yo butts off him
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Long Con wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:40 pm
Why not?
LC, what benefit this question provide?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

fuck me
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

grammar is garbage and also English is a fake language
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

dunya
nutella
Kyle

Quin
DDL

sig
niju

speedchuck
Elohcin

Long Con
DrWilgy

I could go for any of the bottom 4, conceivably. Working on figuring out my preferred target.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Uuuuuguuughhh I don't know what to dooooooo
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Screw it I should just put my money where my mouth has been all game and vote Quin. I keep feeling less sure of myself and wanting to trust other people but it's just making me waffle at ludicrous speed. I'm really afraid of how this lynch is going. :sigh:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I really don't trust anyone and simultaneously trust everyone. This game is seriously screwing with my brain.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:01 am Uuuuuguuughhh I don't know what to dooooooo
welcome to the club. Let's figure this out together. who's on your shortlist?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

L
nutella wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:02 am Screw it I should just put my money where my mouth has been all game and vote Quin. I keep feeling less sure of myself and wanting to trust other people but it's just making me waffle at ludicrous speed. I'm really afraid of how this lynch is going. :sigh:
we've got three hours still this lynch is far from decided
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

[mention]nutella[/mention] do you trust LC?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I feel like every time I look at the poll late in the day speedchuck is following me with his vote.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Maybe I'm crazy but I can't see LC as a civvie in this game. He has to be mafia or indie.

The indie part is what keeps me from voting for him.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 464

Post by Quin »

Nevermind. I think I'm being too generous clearing Kyle in my head. I had him as a potential K2 based on a choice of word but there are others alive in this game that it could apply to, and tbh it's more likely it applies to those people.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:12 am I feel like every time I look at the poll late in the day speedchuck is following me with his vote.
Hey, I voted Wilgy first. Earlier today.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]nutella[/mention] what are your thoughts on wilgy and elohcin?

i switched to elohcin.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:16 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:12 am I feel like every time I look at the poll late in the day speedchuck is following me with his vote.
Hey, I voted Wilgy first. Earlier today.
lies
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:14 am Maybe I'm crazy but I can't see LC as a civvie in this game. He has to be mafia or indie.

The indie part is what keeps me from voting for him.
If it helps, the indie role looks like it can only win with town, according to the OP. So the indie is basically town with an extra win condition.

Indy>=town.

But I could see LC as a civvie. 'Could' being the key word.

linki: you're kidding, right sloon?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:16 am @nutella what are your thoughts on wilgy and elohcin?

i switched to elohcin.
Are you KIDDING me right now? I just left Eloh!

To me, the arguments for Eloh and Wilgy are basically the same. I tinfoil them as teammates and would lynch either.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:54 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:40 pm
Why not?
LC, what benefit this question provide?
Let's say you're Civ. Quin says he thinks he knows your role. Does this make you lean back and say "I'm glad Quin knows my role", or does it make you say "Huh? How the hell could he know my role? There's literally no way he could have figured it out from the thread talk!"

If it's the second one, then maybe something weird and interesting is afoot, you know?

I gave you this one, because I'm Canadian. Next time, if you wanna ask me a question, how about you treat me like an equal and answer mine first?

Return to “Previous Side Missions”