2017 Socky Awards

Moderator: Community Team

Sockys2023
The Mark
Posts in topic: 39

2017 Socky Awards

Post by Sockys2023 »

2017 SOCKY AWARDS

As the year approaches its end, it's about that time to determine who will be adding those delicious, wonderful Socky Awards to their trophy cases. It has been an eventful, active, at times challenging, and always fun year of Mafia on The Syndicate, and we're excited to celebrate it with another awards ceremony. :biggrin:

A team of Official Socky Awards Overseers, Administrators, and Thing Doers (OSAOATD) has been working together over the last month or so to decide what awards will be up for grabs this year. I have compiled them all and will share them with you in the following post. In this post, I will provide you with rules for placing your votes. Please read each award carefully, because there might be minor exceptions.

Voting Guidelines

~ You are eligible to vote in these Socky awards if you played in or hosted at least one of the eligible games listed in the spoiler at the bottom of this post.

~ You may place TWO votes in each category, though it is not required. There will still be only one winner named (barring unique tie scenarios); this allows for more people to be recognized.

~ All votes must be sent privately to this Sockys2017 account to count. Link

~ You are not required to vote in every category.

~ Voting will be open for about the next three weeks, with a hard deadline presently set for Friday the 19th of January at 11:59pm eastern US time.

~ You are allowed to discuss your votes in this thread or campaign if you so desire. Remember though that some element of surprise makes it more fun. :nicenod:

~ You are permitted to vote for yourself if you so desire.

If you have any questions, direct them to JaggedJimmyJay, juliets, G-Man, sprityo, DrWilgy, Long Con, or Dragon D. Luffy.

Games eligible for consideration (click spoiler)

Spoiler: show
JOBS
Phenon Mafia
Game of Champions 2016
Mass Effect Mafia: an HCR & Syndicate Crossover
Chicka Chicka 1, 2, 3

SIDES
Felt Mafia 2
Survivor Mafia
Elemental Mafia
Pokemon Mafia
Welcome to Night Vale Mafia
Street Fighter II Mafia
Mountain Mafia

HEISTS
Vocaroo Mafia
BLUE vs. RED
Currents Mafia
Lost Again Mafia (Season 3)
Blue Velvet Mafia
The Great Gatsby
The Search for Quin
Seinfeld Mafia
Pirates Mafia
Phenon: Origins Mafia

BURGLARIES
Election Night Mafia
The Theme is Literally a Burglary
New Year's Eve's Eve Party
A Game About Chinese Food
Greater Idea
Pizza Mafia
Sockys2023
The Mark

Re: 2017 Socky Awards

Post by Sockys2023 »

Awards Categories
Categories for Indivdual GAMES
*Note that "special games" have been grouped with the most appropriate category based on size and duration.

Best Job -- Which 2017 game within the Jobs category do you feel was the most exciting, fun, and/or best built? Define this however you like. Eligible games are included in the following spoiler:

Phenon Mafia
Game of Champions 2016
Mass Effect Mafia: an HCR & Syndicate Crossover
Chicka Chicka 1, 2, 3

Best Side Mission -- Which 2017 game within the Side Missions category do you feel was the most exciting, fun, and/or best built? Define this however you like. Eligible games are included in the following spoiler:

Felt Mafia 2
Survivor Mafia
Elemental Mafia
Pokemon Mafia
Welcome to Night Vale Mafia
Street Fighter II Mafia
Mountain Mafia

Best Heist -- Which 2017 game within the Heists category do you feel was the most exciting, fun, and/or best built? Define this however you like. Eligible games are included in the following spoiler:

Vocaroo Mafia
BLUE vs. RED
Currents Mafia
Lost Again Mafia (Season 3)
Blue Velvet Mafia
The Great Gatsby
The Search for Quin
Seinfeld Mafia
Pirates Mafia
Phenon: Origins Mafia

Best Burglary -- Which 2017 game (we've also included 2016 games which were not considered last year) within the Burglaries category do you feel was the most exciting, fun, and/or best built? Define this however you like. Eligible games are included in the following spoiler:

Election Night Mafia
The Theme is Literally a Burglary
New Year's Eve's Eve Party
A Game About Chinese Food
Greater Idea
Pizza Mafia
All Fall Down

Best Theme -- Which 2017 game within any category do you feel boasted the best theme? Define this however you like. All games are eligible.

Most Hyped Future Game -- Which future game currently lying in wait in any of our queues (Heist, Side Mission, and Job) or elsewhere on The Drawing Board are you most excited about playing?

Best Civilian Team Victory -- Within which 2017 game do you feel the civilian faction performed the best? All games are eligible.

Best Mafia Team Victory -- Within which 2017 game do you feel a mafia team or the mafia faction performed the best? All games are eligible.

Categories for Indivdual PLAYERS

Best Host or Host Team -- Which host or team of hosts do you think provided the overall best Mafia experience of the year? All games are eligible.

Best Civilian -- Which individual player do you feel was the best performer as a civilian in 2017, either in reference to a single game performance or the full year in combination? Define this however you like.

Best Mafioso -- Which individual player do you feel was the best performer as a mafioso in 2017, either in reference to a single game performance or the full year in combination? Define this however you like.

Best Independent -- Which individual player do you feel was the best performer as an independent role in 2017, either in reference to a single game performance or the full year in combination? Define this however you like.

Best Newcomer -- Which individual player who played their first-ever game on The Syndicate in 2017 do you feel was the best performer, added the most to the community, and/or was the most entertaining? Define this however you like. Players who meet this criteria are listed in the following spoiler:

Adam
CaptainNifty
colonialbob
dunya
Fredwood
gfishfunk
Immortal_Raven
malakim2099
Mesk514
NewTraditionalist
OptOutside
Silver Lantern
somethingiwontforget
SpankGangsta
speedchuck
TonyStarkPrime

*If you feel you or someone else should be included here but isn't, please let JaggedJimmyJay know ASAP.

Best Role Use -- Which individual player do you feel used the mechanics of their role the most effectively or in the most entertaining way during a game in 2017? Define this however you like.

Most Valuable Player -- Which individual player do you feel was the best overall performer in the game of Mafia, regardless of role or alignment, in 2017? This may reference a single game performance or an overall body of work through the year. Define this however you like.

Additional Categories

Spirit Award -- This award is perhaps the most broad. Which individual player and/or contributor to the Mafia community here on The Syndicate did the most to promote a fun and welcoming playing environment for everyone else to enjoy in 2017? Define this however you like.

Funniest Poster -- Which indivdual player or contributor made you laugh the most in 2017? Define this however you like.

Best Quote -- In a post coming soon (to be linked here) I will provide a number of quotes submitted to this account throughout the year as candidates for this award. You may select among that group or vote for any other quote you may prefer from anywhere on the site during the year.

Best Banner -- Which banner for a 2017 game do you feel was the best looking, coolest, most interesting, or otherwise the one you most prefer? Define this however you like.
Last edited by Sockys2023 on Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sockys2023
The Mark

Post by Sockys2023 »

The Lifetime Achievement Award
*Official award name pending review

This is a special new award we are introducing this year. This can be viewed as a sort of "Hall of Fame" induction, not to be confused with the Hall of Fame forum on this site where we keep statistical track of each game and player. This award does not refer only to 2017 game play. It refers to the entire body of work (referring specifically to their Mafia play and/or hosting) for a player's time on this website from the day they registered.

Not everyone is eligible to be inducted this year. This will function similarly to an athletic Hall of Fame, like those seen for professional sports. This year, only players who joined The Syndicate in the year 2013 or earlier are considered to be eligible for a Lifetime Achievement Award. If this award continues for next year's awards, the year of eligibility would move forward to 2014.

This link directs to the member list, ordered by date of registration. Eligible players continue into page 6.

You may vote for three players here, and three players will be inducted. In the event of ties, the Socky Awards team will convene to come to a solution.

Everyone is eligible to vote for this award, including those who are not eligible to receive it.
Sockys2023
The Mark

Post by Sockys2023 »

Nominations for Best Quote already submitted:

Epignosis wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:30 pm Shit dude, I can't think of a single time in my life where I have ever tried to get my wife to say things. You must be new at this marriage gig.
Golden wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:31 pm I wouldn't be available to replace into 'tentacle fetish' mafia, because I would have signed up to begin with.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:16 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:15 pm I don't understand anything anymore, clearly
All I'm saying is that I did not have sexual relations with that robot/airplane.
Kylemii wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:00 pm i'm the squishy wizard in a gladiator match against 2 buff paladins that are only holding shields

You may vote for any of these quotes, but you are not restricted to them. You may vote for any quotes made on the site during the year 2017. I recommend that you share your preferred quotes during the voting stages so that other voters might have an opportunity to remember them.
Sockys2023
The Mark

Post by Sockys2023 »

The thread is now open for any discussion or questions, and you may begin submitting votes as soon as you are ready. Have fun with it, everyone! :)
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Epignosis »

If I lose to Quin on the quote thing, I will kill somebody.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:09 pm If I lose to Quin on the quote thing, I will kill somebody.
I also submitted this one for you at the start of the year:
Epignosis wrote:
Dear diary,

So. Crazy thing happened.

After I arrived I got separated from the group. I didn't know where anybody was! At first I panicked and then I realized I didn't have my inhaler with me, so I did my best to calm down. I thought it would be good to use the stars to navigate with, but it was daytime, and those wouldn't be coming out for a while. I wondered about that thing where moss only grows on one side of a tree or something, but I guess I'm not really good recognizing plants. Then I realized I hadn't applied any sunblock, so I decided to just move in one direction and see if I could find my way just using the old noodle.

Well anyway I passed through a clearing and found myself in the presence of this gorilla. It was beating its chest and making such a fuss! I was like, "Who whizzed on his bananas in his Corn Flakes this morning?" you know? Man, I thought I was in trouble. I said to myself, "Boy, you're in such a pickle, you might not even say you're in a pickle. You're in the relish." I mean, it looked that bad for me.

Then someone called my name and I looked around and there everybody was! They were just going on about their business! So I tried to find out why everybody was so calm with this angry, violent gorilla in their presence. They said, "What gorilla?"

You're gonna laugh when you hear this. That wasn't a gorilla. It was just DharmaHelper, another contestant here. Boy, he sure had me worried! He didn't even have a suit or mask on or anything. Wowee.

If the producers have anything like my arrival in store, I'd better watch out!

XOXO
-Me
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 24
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

My submission for best quote begins just prior to the 1 hour and 51 minutes mark:

[ytubehd][/ytubehd]

No Puedo Publicar en el Trabajo
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Spacedaisy »

I would like to submit this one as well please:
Epignosis wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:40 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:39 pm Well, I really don't know how to pass this thing.
lol @ mp standing there over the body of his dead wife with a smoking gun all like omg I don't know how to pass this thing
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 22
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Another nomination:
Mesk514 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:45 am okay, imofficially like, blitzed outta my mind so my brain would only allow me to do some skimming.... PLEASE I BEG OF YOU, GIVE ME THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT and at least allow me to read it with a fresh non tainted mentality.... However, I want to comment on a few things...

1 - Crazy cake lady, I'm absolutely obsessed with your avatar...

2 - Not too sure how I feel about Epiklsflaflgadfjlghfg (i can't spell) but the first few pages I was actually thinking questioning how one could be so confident on a players alignment. I was totally imaging some big buff he man like dude walking up and being like HEY, THESE TWO FUCKERS ARE GOOOOD ARRRRRRRRR I NO VOTE THEM, ARRR and while I feel intimidated into wanting to believe them... honey, i don't know you and you don't know me... at least take me on a date once before you try and assert your dominance

3 - The irony in this all is Long Cons - he's in it for the long run comment, which is ironic as shit given his name is Long con. However I see the hypothesis going a little too far with the Crazy Cake Lady.
First of all, I am not bad, I am merely an ex junky(well, depends what your definition of a junky is) who still smokes a fuck ton but I must say I can weed out(no pun intended) that baddies at some point in the game before all else goes to shit. I'm not going to say what they were doing was exactly pre flip associations but from the point that caught my eye it really seemed like they were already trying to plant some - if this, they must be that - seeds... which can actually be taken both ways... I may be discussing this like it's a bad thing but I'm not ready to disclose how I really feel about this player yet...

4- Kyle seems to be a little bit of a shit poster (sorry my dear friend) which from my 1 hosting game experience, I would expect tons of effort if they were scum... given i gave him a scum card and he tried his hardest with no shit post tier plays! so Kyle, let's be good friends and whip up a mountain of a storm together eh?

My thought process is kinda scattered at the moment... feel free to tell me I'm absolutely dumb as a bag of bricks.... but honestly I'm more better when I am active and having a run on conversation as opposed to just popping in and saying my peace... I will be around for a bit... lets chat!
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 25

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'm sorry quotes you can go home now we have a winner:
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:37 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:30 am It ain't a schtick

it's a bat.
If this doesn't win funniest post at the next Sockies, the game is rigged.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Another personal favorite:
Scotty wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:13 amI'm a fucking stump.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Another submission missed from the awards account:
Epignosis wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:18 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote:Where is Epi?
Reading your latest fucking novel, Mr. King.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Best Role Use -- Which individual player do you feel used the mechanics of their role the most effectively or in the most entertaining way during a game in 2017? Define this however you like.
I'm just gonna say Mutiny for 3 and leave it at that. Vote however you see fit. Mutiny for 3.

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:47 pm
I'm just gonna say Mutiny for 3 and leave it at that. Vote however you see fit. Mutiny for 3.
Omg I forgot about that :haha:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

What is Mutiny for 3?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

juliets wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:28 am What is Mutiny for 3?
A mechanic in INH's Blue Velvet mafia that let people leave their old team and form a new one. I figured out how to use it to break INH's game a bit and give me and nutella and Long Con the win.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:45 pm Another personal favorite:
Scotty wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:13 amI'm a fucking stump.
I hate this quote because he acts like a stump is a bad role. Stumps are objectively the best role.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I would enjoy being a stump even if I think the role is sub-vanilla utility.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

If anyone needs to see the banners, check the link. Be sure to focus on the 2017 games.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sockys2023
The Mark

Post by Sockys2023 »

Votes are pouring in nicely, but we have SO many ties. New voters, the task is yours to break them!
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 4
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:51 pm If anyone needs to see the banners, check the link. Be sure to focus on the 2017 games.
this doesnt include currents mafia
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 9

Post by speedchuck »

Whew, I voted. That was difficult.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Submitting this for Best Quote:
nutella wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:47 pm sequel to "the search for quin"
we found quin, but he's a goddamn mess
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 20
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Not to brag or campaign for any specific awards or anything, but I had trouble voting in the "Best Mafia" categories because town won so many of the games that I played in this year. :mafia:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

These were definitely tough. Lots of good performances this year! Can't wait to see the winners!
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Voting is open for 3 weeks? Guys its not hard to just pick a winner for the categories I can't win and then type "DharmaHelper" for the rest.

ImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 6

Post by dunya »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:42 pm Not to brag or campaign for any specific awards or anything, but I had trouble voting in the "Best Mafia" categories because town won so many of the games that I played in this year. :mafia:
:slick:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Oh lol you can vote for yourself. There are a couple of categories I would have done that in. Oh well.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:42 pm Not to brag or campaign for any specific awards or anything, but I had trouble voting in the "Best Mafia" categories because town won so many of the games that I played in this year. :mafia:
Nor I, but I thought that I'd mention that out of the three non-mafia (lms/lts) games we had this year (Survivor, Elemental and CC123, I won two of them and came runner up in the third. :noble:
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Quin wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:17 pm
Nor I, but I thought that I'd mention that out of the three non-mafia (lms/lts) games we had this year (Survivor, Elemental and CC123, I won two of them and came runner up in the third. :noble:

I tried voting for you to win an award but apparently someone used an idol on you.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

In all seriousness I don't usually vote for these but this year I did because

A) I have to vote for the new Lifetime Awards or w/e they end up being called so I can give props to some great players.

B) Survivor Mafia was the best game I've ever played and every game should look to Survivor mafia. The future of mafia is in LMS/Roleplaying/Skill Contest style games.

ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Deadline in 13 days!

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:07 pm Survivor Mafia was the best game I've ever played and every game should look to Survivor mafia. The future of mafia is in LMS/Roleplaying/Skill Contest style games.
Honestly I kinda agree. To an extent.

Though I'm not sure I'd call it mafia.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Less than a week guys! Get those votes in if you haven’t already
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

nutella wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:03 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:47 pm
Omg I forgot about that :haha:
:sigh:
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

is the sigh about me forgetting because I forget everything that happens in every mafia game my dude
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

nutella wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:52 pm is the sigh about me forgetting because I forget everything that happens in every mafia game my dude
so I'm not the only one? I thought there was something abnormal about me??????????????
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

sprityo wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:45 am Less than a week guys! Get those votes in if you haven’t already
but i still havent voted best civilian and i cant be bothered researching my dude
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

I hear one guy won as mafia three times. Don't ask how he was at lynching baddies in those other games.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Three more days to get your votes in. Perhaps you already voted and wanted to finish filling out your form later? Now's the time!

We have a few ties. Will you be the one to break them? :noble:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Understand that this is the first year I've voted for any of these.

I didn't *technically* vote for myself for any category, but if I don't win at least one category I'm just gonna go rogue and delete the whole website.

ImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I'll try to go through the lists again and vote for stuff I abstained from. I've read a lot more of the older games now too, even though I haven't participated in them all.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Tonight is the night.

ImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

is tonight the deadline? crappers
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

dunya wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:43 pm is tonight the deadline? crappers
Tomorrow night at 11:59 eastern US time.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

ok cool i can be lazy for 1 more day and barely meet deadline tomorrow like i am accustomed to
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:11 pm
when's the reveal?
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:22 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:11 pm
when's the reveal?
The most likely date and time as of right now is 8:00 PM eastern US time on Saturday the 27th.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Socky Threads”