Total votes: 15
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 612
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Day 0]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

In this case the poll is worded for travel; we're literally visitng a realm. In that regard the flavor might be awkward alongside my theory. That these visitations occur in a specific order though suggests to me that we'll find our way to each of them eventually. In the event that this somehow provides a benefit to the Outworld, it may be better still to ensure that is covered earlier than later.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

there was this pokemon mafia game on hedville a million years ago where the day 0 poll was to decide which city gym to go to first, the different gym choices all corresponded to certain advantages that would be given to certain roles, but it ended up being super obvious which players were which role because of which option they chose, and i think like 3 difference civilians ended up getting civ credit out of it because they fought super hard for their corresponding gym choice.

that's exactly the kind of thing i can't see Epi doing
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 388

Post by Quin »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:32 am there was this pokemon mafia game on hedville a million years ago where the day 0 poll was to decide which city gym to go to first, the different gym choices all corresponded to certain advantages that would be given to certain roles, but it ended up being super obvious which players were which role because of which option they chose, and i think like 3 difference civilians ended up getting civ credit out of it because they fought super hard for their corresponding gym choice.

that's exactly the kind of thing i can't see Epi doing
this is the sort of thing i initially thought the polls could lead to - advantages to certain roles. i feel like that's less likely now.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 225
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:29 am In this case the poll is worded for travel; we're literally visitng a realm. In that regard the flavor might be awkward alongside my theory. That these visitations occur in a specific order though suggests to me that we'll find our way to each of them eventually. In the event that this somehow provides a benefit to the Outworld, it may be better still to ensure that is covered earlier than later.
And it seems we may want to spread the vote out according to general preference. The outworld is supposedly the realm of the bad guys, but then the civilians seem to be spread across all the other realms (my knowledge of Mortal Kombat is nill). Would it not be inherently beneficial to the civilian team if each realm benefited its members somehow?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 226

Post by MacDougall »

Look to the star... wars.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:29 am In this case the poll is worded for travel; we're literally visitng a realm. In that regard the flavor might be awkward alongside my theory. That these visitations occur in a specific order though suggests to me that we'll find our way to each of them eventually. In the event that this somehow provides a benefit to the Outworld, it may be better still to ensure that is covered earlier than later.
there's also a possibility that over the course of the game, we'll get similar night polls to decide the overall effects of the day phase. we might end up visiting every realm at some point, and each realm might carry some sort of small hometeam advantage or something, like "a random player from this realm will have their vore made to be worth +1 or something"
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Quin I'm sorry buddy but I actually had the same thoughts as Jimmy as I was going through page 1. Then when I read him say it I got a little bit frustrated that he stole my thunder. As you well know I am never wrong on a day 1 read so you might as well just give up.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:36 am Quin I'm sorry buddy but I actually had the same thoughts as Jimmy as I was going through page 1. Then when I read him say it I got a little bit frustrated that he stole my thunder. As you well know I am never wrong on a day 1 read so you might as well just give up.
oh ok sorry ill do better next time
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

To be clear: I voted in the poll with no real thought given to its impact on the game. I just wanted to vote.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:38 am To be clear: I voted in the poll with no real thought given to its impact on the game. I just wanted to vote.
I voted in the poll because Outworld is where the real shit goes down in the story. So basically let's get fucken started.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:38 am http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... f=27&t=769 - Location visit fun
I neither played nor watched closely. How'd it work?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:38 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:36 am Quin I'm sorry buddy but I actually had the same thoughts as Jimmy as I was going through page 1. Then when I read him say it I got a little bit frustrated that he stole my thunder. As you well know I am never wrong on a day 1 read so you might as well just give up.
What are your immediate impressions of Mac and I?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:41 am
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:38 am
What are your immediate impressions of Mac and I?
Yet to make an impression.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:43 am Yet to make an impression.
Would lynch eight times and eat as a salad.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

No, I lied.

I don't think you actually care about the read you've given me so far. That's natural for you in trying to progress Day 0/1 though.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

ok interrupt me then
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:44 am No, I lied.

I don't think you actually care about the read you've given me so far. That's natural for you in trying to progress Day 0/1 though.
You sure care about whether my suspicion is genuine, but you don't care about whether I'm bad.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:45 am

You sure care about whether my suspicion is genuine, but you don't care about whether I'm bad.
Do you believe that?
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

"In what order shall you visit the realms?"
it seems like we will be visiting multiple places, so either this poll determines the order of the visitations based on number of votes on each poll item, or it only chooses our first location, and we'll have to pick the other ones later during future night times.

If it's the latter there is less consequence because we can just like... choose whatever and then base our future choices accordingly. if the night poll(s) reveal secrets then that should be p self evident.

i think either way keeping the outworld in the lead makes the most sense? if visiting the outworld puts their dirty laundry out first then hell yeah, if being in the outworld during a day phase provides the outworlders with some sort of tangible advantage (like an extra vote or something?) then i'd rather they have that on day one when everything's pretty much a crapshoot anyways than on a later day when they might be able to better take advantage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:46 am Do you believe that?
Yes.

This exchange ends here on my end. I am already getting too close to my post count cap. Others can judge as they may.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:48 am
Yes.

This exchange ends here on my end. I am already getting too close to my post count cap. Others can judge as they may.
Show me where I indicate not caring about your alignment.
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Yes.

is your post count cap 20???
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:52 am
Yes.

is your post count cap 20???
Dunno. But being ditched immediately after being accused is more annoying than I anticipated. I'll respect his self-restriction though, I guess.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:41 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:38 am http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... f=27&t=769 - Location visit fun
I neither played nor watched closely. How'd it work?
Vote on location to go to at night. Won by majority vote I believe. That would end up with us spending the next day on that location which had the below effects

Locations:

Tatooine
You may put your vote up for sale this phase (HOST SECRET: Only the Hutts can buy these votes)

Yavin IV
A strategic war room, submit a list of roles and your guesses for who is behind each role to the Hosts. Earn 4 credits for each correct guess (your own role is not included).

Hoth
If someone from The Empire is lynched, those who voted for that person receive a number of credits equal to the number of votes it took to lynch him.

Dagobah
Force users get 10 credits for each Force user still alive.

Alderaan
As the soul of the Great Republic, participants will vote on which five should receive financial backing (bonus credits).

Cloud City
PULL

Endor
The forest of Endor houses a shield generator; an unscrupulous Ewok has taken it over and is using it for personal gain. He’ll protect the top three bidders tonight.

Death Star
If someone from The Rebel Alliance is lynched, those who voted for that person receive a number of credits equal to the number of votes it took to lynch him or her.

Epi built the game too I am quite sure.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Lynch all liars.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:54 am

Lynch all liars.
Tell me about Kylemii.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:55 am

Lynch all liars.
Tell me about Kylemii.
I had a ping at first which I am prone to do when people are being enthusiastic in the way that Kylemii seemed to be (see Sloonei's description) but further posts seem relatively genuine. I don't accept Jimmy's argument for clearing as that's just as likely if not more so just common phrasing that Kylemii uses.

Thank you for the question. What were you expecting me to say?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:00 am
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:55 am

Lynch all liars.
Tell me about Kylemii.
I had a ping at first which I am prone to do when people are being enthusiastic in the way that Kylemii seemed to be (see Sloonei's description) but further posts seem relatively genuine. I don't accept Jimmy's argument for clearing as that's just as likely if not more so just common phrasing that Kylemii uses.

Thank you for the question. What were you expecting me to say?
He's been around as much as the next person so far but hasn't touched on the only suspect (me) yet, and has talked primarily about the poll. I wanted to know if anyone else thought it was worth mentioning.
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Quin do you consider yourself to be a primary suspect? :p
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:18 am Quin do you consider yourself to be a primary suspect? :p
Not really. These are the initial "throw shit at the wall and see what sticks" cases. A suspect nonetheless though.
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:37 am Kyle, which one of me or Jay is scum?
I missed this question before. Jay is a player who, in recent history has tricked me enough that I now try to prioritize reading him asap. I've also noticed that, in general, reading one of you or Jay seems to lead to having a read on the other sooner or later.

I see both of you putting early day 0 effort into throwing sticks in people's spokes, but nothing too hardlined yet, which is understandable cus it's day 0 and 2/3 of the game hasn't checked in yet.

I guess that doesn't really answer the question
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:48 am
Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:18 am Quin do you consider yourself to be a primary suspect? :p
Not really. These are the initial "throw shit at the wall and see what sticks" cases. A suspect nonetheless though.
I don't see anything you've said or done as being worthy of a civ or mad read, to me it's more of a "Quin seems lackadaisical and carefree" read, that might factor into a read later given different behavioral context.

Quin do you have any suspects?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:53 am
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:48 am
I don't see anything you've said or done as being worthy of a civ or mad read, to me it's more of a "Quin seems lackadaisical and carefree" read, that might factor into a read later given different behavioral context.

Quin do you have any suspects?
Closest would be you at this point. That doesn't mean much for me at this stage.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I have a really juicy hot take right now and I bet you folks are just dying to hear it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:15 am I have a really juicy hot take right now and I bet you folks are just dying to hear it.
hot take?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:15 am I have a really juicy hot take right now and I bet you folks are just dying to hear it.
and the crowd goes mild
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Go on.
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 96

Post by novaselinenever »

Hello everyone. Just caught up and trying to get used to playing on this site.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 440

Post by speedchuck »

Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:26 am
Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:25 am New game!!!! Let's go.

i've never played a Mortal Kombat in my life, can anyone who has describe the realms? Are there any associations between realms and certain characters?
good opening question, town read.
Buddying
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Oh haha making a Quin suspicion joke apparently that's not original this game. That's what I get for not catching up before posting.

So hey poll. I voted not-bad place because hanging around in mafia territory sounds like a bad idea? Feel like people are overthinking it, but hey, you guys have played more epi games than me.

Townread on quin. I have read quin correctly in 100% plus or minus 30% of the games I've played with him. So it's basically certain that he's town.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Keep it in the outworld or the bathworld or wherever you drop those juicy hot takes.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 96

Post by novaselinenever »

I can't vote anymore after watching the vote results
Dave
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Dave »

although i m new to format and lack knowledge of mortal kombat i voted for outworld too as it makes sense as explained by jay, given current scum reads i dont have one i see dat people sus quin but i have to read more from him to give a verdict
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

I'm yellow now? Cool.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:49 pm I'm yellow now? Cool.
It says here you're out host.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dave wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:02 pm although i m new to format and lack knowledge of mortal kombat i voted for outworld too as it makes sense as explained by jay, given current scum reads i dont have one i see dat people sus quin but i have to read more from him to give a verdict
novaselinenever wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:28 am I can't vote anymore after watching the vote results
Welcome, you two! What can you tell us about your experiences playing mafia and your knowledge of each other, if you have any?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

We should be spreading the votes around in the poll, I think. The question seems to imply that our votes will rank/determine the order we'll be "visiting" the realms, whatsver that means. We're leaving our fates up to the gods/Epiblooper if we all just clump together in the Outworld.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:46 am
Made wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:44 am Hi friends
Glhf!

Voting Quin for now, but that might change as the day goes on depending on how he responds to arguments against him.
Made is town because he's doesn't give a shit about being accused of opportunism.
Jimmy wasn't kidding when he said he was gonna half ass this game I see. :grin:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

This is my exact reasoning for my Outworld vote. Give the baddies a bonus on D1 when it matters least.

Return to “Previous Jobs”