Total votes: 15
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 225
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Day 0]

Post by Sloonei »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:14 pm
Yes, you and Made. For different reasons though. I still have to reread the thread to get a more clear image.
In what ways do we stand out?

Don't let my constant questions interfere with your efforts to read the thread. Do what you gotta do and get back to me when you're comfortable. :beer:
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 226

Post by MacDougall »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:58 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:12 pm That said

@novaselinenever

Gimmie a read on somebody.
Everyone is neutral so far to me. Trying to remember the usernames so I can follow people more and get reads.
Perhaps try working backwards from some other angles. Why is Player X bad. Why is Player Y good. Rather than feeling it out and hoping for an aha! moment. Change the way you are reading the posts? Would Mac say this to me if he was good, if he was bad? Etc.
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 96

Post by novaselinenever »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:09 pm
Dave wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:02 pm although i m new to format and lack knowledge of mortal kombat i voted for outworld too as it makes sense as explained by jay, given current scum reads i dont have one i see dat people sus quin but i have to read more from him to give a verdict
So Dave's only made this one post. I've got zero meta on this guy as I've never played with him and I do have a history of getting pinged by people incorrectly and given it's just one post it's probably a relatively meaningless ping. I simply don't like that he justified his vote for Outworld as simply as deferring to Jay's explanation, which was actually a relatively decent justification and that is not what I am calling into question, I just doubt the sincerity of Dave's belief in Jimmy being an adequate reason to vote.

Also it has a bit of a tone of a forced introductory post. Those more familiar with this Dave can comment on what his town intro posts are generally like or Dave is like in general.
I'm familiar with him. Don't really know where you're going with this. I don't see why would he lie about his reason to vote. He's new to this format and don't really know what's going on. He could just vote at random without justifying it and I'm sure most people wouldn't have a problem with it.

I do agree though that the post felt like a forced introduction. And he didn't stick around afterwards.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 612
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall is a civilian because he just explained the orange names in my rainbow list for me, with pretty much the same rationale, without me having to explain them myself.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:15 pm
Yes, you and Made. For different reasons though. I still have to reread the thread to get a more clear image.

Don't let my constant questions interfere with your efforts to read the thread. Do what you gotta do and get back to me when you're comfortable. :beer:
Him jumping on you and suspecting of being an Indie stood out for me. He didn't really give any reason, maybe he was half-serious and it was just a hunch. But he started avoiding your questions.

You, because of your Town read on him. I don't see where that came from. And it happened directly after him suspecting you and avoiding your questions.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:18 pm I'm familiar with him. Don't really know where you're going with this. I don't see why would he lie about his reason to vote. He's new to this format and don't really know what's going on. He could just vote at random without justifying it and I'm sure most people wouldn't have a problem with it.

I do agree though that the post felt like a forced introduction. And he didn't stick around afterwards.
You've discarded one of Mac's suspicions of Dave and accepted the other. What is your own read on Dave?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 109
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:22 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:15 pm

Him jumping on you and suspecting of being an Indie stood out for me. He didn't really give any reason, maybe he was half-serious and it was just a hunch. But he started avoiding your questions.

You, because of your Town read on him. I don't see where that came from. And it happened directly after him suspecting you and avoiding your questions.
Civve af
Pov: you reading my takes
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 99

Post by DrWilgy »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:50 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:24 pm Jesus Christ guys. 5 pages on day 0. Stooooooop.

I'm going to prove to you that Sloonei is bad this game. I have a real good feeling about that. He is bad an I'm a doctor!
Also Made has wilgy as his second strongest town read on the strength of this post and nothing else (wilgy's only other contribution at the time of made's rainbow was an OT comment about jack's avatar). I guess I overlooked this post when I was discussing Made's observation about heat on me, but I don't really take this seriously since it doesn't seem like wilgy's expressing an actual suspicion of me, rather he's just shaking his fist at me for having close to 50 posts on Day 0. I'd shake my fist at me too. That's ridiculous.
I don't understand any of Made's reads, I guess, but that doesn't stop me from liking that they exist at this point.
Why did it take you so long to comment on this? Why did you provide a reason other than suspicion when I said I was suspicious of you?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Bad guys are Hazlenut, Mac, and Sloonster.

Dis is de wae.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:36 pm Bad guys are Hazlenut, Mac, and Sloonster.

Dis is de wae.
Actually, I'm not. But thanks for trying.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 440

Post by speedchuck »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:36 pm Bad guys are Hazlenut, Mac, and Sloonster.

Dis is de wae.
Not sure if serious

I want reasons for those first two. Don't care how shallow.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:34 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:24 pm Jesus Christ guys. 5 pages on day 0. Stooooooop.

I'm going to prove to you that Sloonei is bad this game. I have a real good feeling about that. He is bad an I'm a doctor!
Also Made has wilgy as his second strongest town read on the strength of this post and nothing else (wilgy's only other contribution at the time of made's rainbow was an OT comment about jack's avatar). I guess I overlooked this post when I was discussing Made's observation about heat on me, but I don't really take this seriously since it doesn't seem like wilgy's expressing an actual suspicion of me, rather he's just shaking his fist at me for having close to 50 posts on Day 0. I'd shake my fist at me too. That's ridiculous.
I don't understand any of Made's reads, I guess, but that doesn't stop me from liking that they exist at this point.
Why did it take you so long to comment on this? Why did you provide a reason other than suspicion when I said I was suspicious of you?
Wow you're really going to tunnel him straight out the gate aren't you... uninterested in genuinely finding bad guys and instead more interested in just getting Sloonei lynched? The question is whether you were genuinely pinged by him and now just want to feel great about your bad guy hunting skill or whether you are just fake hunting as a scum guy. Could be possible hard distancing as scum teammates... I would totally expect that of you two so that's gotta be on the table.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I didn't have a reason to respond to it initially because you didn't seem to be expressing any reason to suspect me. It seemed more like a mission statement rather than a declaration of suspicion: "I'm going to prove to you that Sloonei is bad this game." I only addressed the post in the context of the discussion around Made. I frankly do not care about your stance on me here because it doesn't appear that you have one. You have a hypothesis that I am bad. Get back to me when you find the symptoms of my badness, Doctor.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:32 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:18 pm I'm familiar with him. Don't really know where you're going with this. I don't see why would he lie about his reason to vote. He's new to this format and don't really know what's going on. He could just vote at random without justifying it and I'm sure most people wouldn't have a problem with it.

You've discarded one of Mac's suspicions of Dave and accepted the other. What is your own read on Dave?
I discarded the first one because, imo, the justification for his vote or lack of justification doesn't mean anything. He is new and isn't used to this format. I myself voted and I can't justify my choice because I don't know what's going on.

My read on him : I'm suspicious of him. I know him to be much more active. His post felt forced as if he just wanted to seem like he participated.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Mac, what is your read of quin?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:45 pm

I discarded the first one because, imo, the justification for his vote or lack of justification doesn't mean anything. He is new and isn't used to this format. I myself voted and I can't justify my choice because I don't know what's going on.

My read on him : I'm suspicious of him. I know him to be much more active. His post felt forced as if he just wanted to seem like he participated.
I am pinged the way that you made a passing remark to somewhat discredit me even though you agree that he's sus.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Made wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:48 pm Mac, what is your read of quin?
His reaction to the initial suspicion of him was fairly ambiguous. His lack of genuine townlike play is alarming. I have him as my biggest scumread.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:21 pm MacDougall is a civilian because he just explained the orange names in my rainbow list for me, with pretty much the same rationale, without me having to explain them myself.
Did I? Where did I do that?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:52 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:21 pm MacDougall is a civilian because he just explained the orange names in my rainbow list for me, with pretty much the same rationale, without me having to explain them myself.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:52 pm Dave
Jackofhearts2005
nutella
Quin
Click spoiler:

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:52 pm Have felt pings from Dave, Quin and Nutella. Will explain them in a future post.
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:43 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:02 pm oh hey guys

most of the people who have posted so far look civ so far, but then most of them are the people who always look civ to me. Sloonei's alternate interpretation of Quin is interesting though and Quin is someone I'm always waffly on. :ponder:

Made is zany as usual. Not sure what he's on about but I think he's just being Made.

Out of the so-far-civ-reads I think my strongest 3 are Sloonei, Kyle, and Jack. They're safe from my D1 vote at this point unless something changes.

oh and welcome new people! I'm getting tired of reading posts from the same 6-7 people so let's see some thoughts k
Interesting that you hen picked who to make reads on/comment on after starting the post like you were about to skim read everybody.
Dave wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:02 pm although i m new to format and lack knowledge of mortal kombat i voted for outworld too as it makes sense as explained by jay, given current scum reads i dont have one i see dat people sus quin but i have to read more from him to give a verdict
So Dave's only made this one post. I've got zero meta on this guy as I've never played with him and I do have a history of getting pinged by people incorrectly and given it's just one post it's probably a relatively meaningless ping. I simply don't like that he justified his vote for Outworld as simply as deferring to Jay's explanation, which was actually a relatively decent justification and that is not what I am calling into question, I just doubt the sincerity of Dave's belief in Jimmy being an adequate reason to vote.

Also it has a bit of a tone of a forced introductory post. Those more familiar with this Dave can comment on what his town intro posts are generally like or Dave is like in general.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 388

Post by Quin »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:50 pm
His reaction to the initial suspicion of him was fairly ambiguous. His lack of genuine townlike play is alarming. I have him as my biggest scumread.
lack of genuine townlike play, huh :ponder:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:57 pm
I see less overtly civilian inspiration in you than I'd expect from 40+ Day 0 posts.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:58 pm
I see less overtly civilian inspiration in you than I'd expect from 40+ Day 0 posts.
I think you expect more from me than I'm equipped to give you. I just talk. That's all I've ever done.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:01 pm
I think you expect more from me than I'm equipped to give you. I just talk. That's all I've ever done.
what if I said I didn't get the impression you were sincerely trying to read me earlier?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Omoshiroi desu ne?
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:42 pm

Dis is de wae.
Actually, I'm not. But thanks for trying.
But you are.
speedchuck wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:42 pm

Dis is de wae.
Not sure if serious

Care to guess 1st? Why wouldn't I be serious?
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:44 pm

I didn't have a reason to respond to it initially because you didn't seem to be expressing any reason to suspect me. It seemed more like a mission statement rather than a declaration of suspicion: "I'm going to prove to you that Sloonei is bad this game." I only addressed the post in the context of the discussion around Made. I frankly do not care about your stance on me here because it doesn't appear that you have one. You have a hypothesis that I am bad. Get back to me when you find the symptoms of my badness, Doctor.
Why patronize the idea of me finding symptoms of you being bad if you are good Sloonster? If you are civ the symptoms wouldnt exist. Would you want me to be chasing my tail like a puppy if I was a civilian on your team?
Image Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:02 pm
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:01 pm
what if I said I didn't get the impression you were sincerely trying to read me earlier?
I'd post a picture of the fat conductor from Thomas the Tank Engine with the "hohoho you are wrong" caption.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'll put my continued concerns about Quin into words:

He has made a lot of posts in quick succession. Typically this is something I would like. It's great to facilitate content and to generate a real life bonafide Mafia game thread. However, in Quin's posts I see a lot of reads thrown into a heap with few or no legible origins -- they seem to merely exist for the sake of existence. This contrasts the facilitation provided by other early contributors (Sloonei, speedchuck, and MacDougall to name a few) which features reads drawn from visible thread content. Their reads might not be well-informed, understandably on Day 0, but I still know where they came from. Quin's reads? I generally don't know. I'm not sure he does either.

"Gut."

I question the sincerity of this facilitation effort and wonder if it's meant for appearances.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

novaselinenever
Hitman

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:49 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:45 pm

I am pinged the way that you made a passing remark to somewhat discredit me even though you agree that he's sus.
I don't know what 'pinged' means man lol.

I'm just giving my thoughts. You made two points about why he's sus. I disagreed with the first one, because I am in the same situation as him. Being new, not knowing the format and just voting with or without reason. I don't want to agree with an approach that can be used to suspect me too.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:03 pm Why patronize the idea of me finding symptoms of you being bad if you are good Sloonster? If you are civ the symptoms wouldnt exist. Would you want me to be chasing my tail like a puppy if I was a civilian on your team?
I want town wilgy to do what town wilgy needs to do to feel comfortable in this game. I also don't appreciate being told I should address suspicions which don't exist, hence the tone of snark.
tone of snark, tony stark.... hey [mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention], does TonyStarkPrime know this game is happening?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Also, for the record: town read on novaselinenever.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:07 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:03 pm Why patronize the idea of me finding symptoms of you being bad if you are good Sloonster? If you are civ the symptoms wouldnt exist. Would you want me to be chasing my tail like a puppy if I was a civilian on your team?
I want town wilgy to do what town wilgy needs to do to feel comfortable in this game. I also don't appreciate being told I should address suspicions which don't exist, hence the tone of snark.
Why judge my suspicion as nonexistent without a question? You devote such time to your stream of posts and I didn't get one until someone else drew it out and I yelled about it. Porque?
Image Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:03 pm

Dis is de wae.
Not sure if serious

Nah, they're your reads. I don't care to guess. Besides, then you could just steal my reasons. Ain't gonna work. :dark:

Why wouldn't you be serious? Tone, your username, your sel-- I guess the selections are fine. Tone and username. :p
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:06 pm I'll put my continued concerns about Quin into words:

He has made a lot of posts in quick succession. Typically this is something I would like. It's great to facilitate content and to generate a real life bonafide Mafia game thread. However, in Quin's posts I see a lot of reads thrown into a heap with few or no legible origins -- they seem to merely exist for the sake of existence. This contrasts the facilitation provided by other early contributors (Sloonei, speedchuck, and MacDougall to name a few) which features reads drawn from visible thread content. Their reads might not be well-informed, understandably on Day 0, but I still know where they came from. Quin's reads? I generally don't know. I'm not sure he does either.

"Gut."

I question the sincerity of this facilitation effort and wonder if it's meant for appearances.
I've given three reads. Kyle, Sloonei, and Elohcin. All of which have clear origins if you don't need me to spell everything out to the letter.

I don't know why you're comparing my reads to others as though that factor alone is indicative of alignment.

It's Day 0 and you're already tunneling.
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

okay before we get too much further i want to ask real quick...

[mention]Dave[/mention]
[mention]Glorfindel[/mention]
[mention]Gumshoe[/mention]
[mention]lapluie[/mention]
[mention]MacDougall[/mention]
[mention]novaselinenever[/mention]
[mention]TonyStarkPrime[/mention]

could you each briefly summarize your past mafia playing history? How long have you been playing for? What site are you from? Have you played on the syndicate before? If no, are there any players in this game you have prior experience playing with?
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Reply to Jay re Quin:
As a counter point, fake reads aren't hard. To steal your read on me Jay, I feel like a baddie would be more concerned with appearances than Quin seemed to be, and his reads would reflect that.

Logical reads don't always mean civve reads
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:11 pm

Dis is de wae.
Not sure if serious

Nah, they're your reads. I don't care to guess. Besides, then you could just steal my reasons. Ain't gonna work. :dark:

Why wouldn't you be serious? Tone, your username, your sel-- I guess the selections are fine. Tone and username. :p
Fair. I respect that.

Gut and meta for both.

I'm curious as to why you excluded Sloonei in your question. Why?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

This is MacDougall's first game ever.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:13 pm This is MacDougall's first game ever.
U right. My b.
Image Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:26 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:21 pm Quin, why are you town reading me in this game?
Gut.
I'm not sure what to do with this post from Quin most of all. Our conversation started with him giving me a town read. I then dragged us into a discussion of my recent mafia meta (Quin and I were recently a mafia hydra-pairing together on MU) and, after some initial hesitation, he identified some possible signs to differentiate between my town and scum play. I wanted to get a feel for whether or not these thoughts were something he was factoring into his read of me here (this did not seem to be the case), and instead his reason for town reading me was expressed in three letters: gut. I don't object to Quin gut reading me. But I don't like the sequence of events leading up to the declaration of this gut read and his answers to my questions did not seem to reflect an earnest progression of thoughts.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:16 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:21 pm Quin, why are you town reading me in this game?
Gut.
I'm not sure what to do with this post from Quin most of all. Our conversation started with him giving me a town read. I then dragged us into a discussion of my recent mafia meta (Quin and I were recently a mafia hydra-pairing together on MU) and, after some initial hesitation, he identified some possible signs to differentiate between my town and scum play. I wanted to get a feel for whether or not these thoughts were something he was factoring into his read of me here (this did not seem to be the case), and instead his reason for town reading me was expressed in three letters: gut. I don't object to Quin gut reading me. But I don't like the sequence of events leading up to the declaration of this gut read and his answers to my questions did not seem to reflect an earnest progression of thoughts.
That's because I wasn't progressing my read of you in your line of questioning.
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:13 pm
speedchuck wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:11 pm

Dis is de wae.
Not sure if serious

Fair. I respect that.

Gut and meta for both.

I'm curious as to why you excluded Sloonei in your question. Why?
I'll let you by with that, but if we were actually in the voting stage and you went there, I'd want more. Like what the meta difference is.

Left Sloonei out for a few reasons:
Gauging your reaction if I left him off
Sloonei was already going to get after you about it XD
I already have a read on Sloon, but nothing much on the others

And I like putting quirks into my posts to see what happens.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:11 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:07 pm
Why judge my suspicion as nonexistent without a question? You devote such time to your stream of posts and I didn't get one until someone else drew it out and I yelled about it. Porque?
I invite you to share a reason for suspecting me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:11 pm I've given three reads. Kyle, Sloonei, and Elohcin. All of which have clear origins if you don't need me to spell everything out to the letter.

I don't know why you're comparing my reads to others as though that factor alone is indicative of alignment.

Green: You might as well tell me that you don't understand why I would read one guy as a civilian and another guy as mafia in general. The sincerity of content put in the thread and judgments thereof makes up a very large portion of the civilian side of this game we call Mafia and some call Werewolf.

Orange: Read me immediately.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:17 pm
Gut.
where did your read of me originate?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:55 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:52 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:52 pm Dave
Jackofhearts2005
nutella
Quin
Click spoiler:

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:52 pm Have felt pings from Dave, Quin and Nutella. Will explain them in a future post.
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:43 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:02 pm oh hey guys

most of the people who have posted so far look civ so far, but then most of them are the people who always look civ to me. Sloonei's alternate interpretation of Quin is interesting though and Quin is someone I'm always waffly on. :ponder:

Made is zany as usual. Not sure what he's on about but I think he's just being Made.

Out of the so-far-civ-reads I think my strongest 3 are Sloonei, Kyle, and Jack. They're safe from my D1 vote at this point unless something changes.

oh and welcome new people! I'm getting tired of reading posts from the same 6-7 people so let's see some thoughts k
Interesting that you hen picked who to make reads on/comment on after starting the post like you were about to skim read everybody.

I'm not satisfied that I did what you say I did given there are four of your orange reads and I only commented at length on one but I'll put it down to you just being enthusiastic and speaking out of line.
I didn't re-read your content before I said that but if I am being honest I didn't even know you had made any reads. I've been trying to carefully read everything too. Sorry. :shrug:
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:11 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:06 pm I'll put my continued concerns about Quin into words:

"Gut."

I've given three reads. Kyle, Sloonei, and Elohcin. All of which have clear origins if you don't need me to spell everything out to the letter.

I don't think that is tunneling. What Wilgy is doing to Sloonei is tunneling. Jimmy is actually making reads based on your content. Wilgy said that Sloonei was bad and has now been provoking him in an attempt to justify his opinion. He's even refused to extrapolate on his reads.
Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:11 pm okay before we get too much further i want to ask real quick...

@Dave
@Glorfindel
@Gumshoe
@lapluie
@MacDougall
@novaselinenever
@TonyStarkPrime

could you each briefly summarize your past mafia playing history? How long have you been playing for? What site are you from? Have you played on the syndicate before? If no, are there any players in this game you have prior experience playing with?
To what end?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:13 pm This is MacDougall's first game ever.
This.

PS. @wilgy, no actually I am a civ.
novaselinenever
Hitman

[mention]Kylemii[/mention] Already answered the questions about Mafia.

I've never played on the syndicate. I'm not from any site on particular lol. I'm member of different forums and play on there. One of them is called NartoForums, DDL is a member and mentioned this game there. That's how I'm here.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:18 pm
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:11 pm I've given three reads. Kyle, Sloonei, and Elohcin. All of which have clear origins if you don't need me to spell everything out to the letter.

Green: You might as well tell me that you don't understand why I would read one guy as a civilian and another guy as mafia in general. The sincerity of content put in the thread and judgments thereof makes up a very large portion of the civilian side of this game we call Mafia and some call Werewolf.

Orange: Read me immediately.
Then why did you feel the need to support your point with mention of speedchuck's, Sloonei's and MacDougall's reads then? "Quin's reads are bad because theirs are more explicit". What?
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:21 pm Then why did you feel the need to support your point with mention of speedchuck's, Sloonei's and MacDougall's reads then? "Quin's reads are bad because theirs are more explicit". What?
Drawing a contrast to players who are making reads in a way I read as sincere sheds light on why I suspect yours to be insincere. This is obvious. You're making up questions and you didn't answer my demand.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:19 pm
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:17 pm
Gut.
where did your read of me originate?
At some imprecise point when I wasn't even looking at the game.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:23 pm
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:21 pm Then why did you feel the need to support your point with mention of speedchuck's, Sloonei's and MacDougall's reads then? "Quin's reads are bad because theirs are more explicit". What?
Drawing a contrast to players who are making reads in a way I read as sincere sheds light on why I suspect yours to be insincere. This is obvious. You're making up questions and you didn't answer my demand.
I don't give a damn about your demand. Stop looking in black and white.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:24 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:23 pm
I don't give a damn about your demand. Stop looking in black and white.
I have no use for gray. Gray is a waste of my precious civilian time. You don't have to give a damn about my demand, but my capacity to believe in you is unlikely to change for the better if you cannot even provide a read on your attacker.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Jobs”