Fujin (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
60%

Total votes: 15
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 99

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Day 0]

Post by DrWilgy »

@Sloonei your first post was too long for what it actually provided.
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:21 am With no basis on what I'm voting for, the Outworld sounds like my kind of place.
Then your post following also was too long and fluffy.

Comparing your first buncha posts here to other civ Sloonei posts makes me feel that you are being non genuine here. An example of difference can be found by comparing this game to the search for Quin.

Now. Why did I have to bark for you to bat an eye?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 99

Post by DrWilgy »

Actually. 2nd post. Your first post was about e.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 109
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Me rn
Pov: you reading my takes
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 612
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:27 pm Comparing your first buncha posts here to other civ Sloonei posts makes me feel that you are being non genuine here. An example of difference can be found by comparing this game to the search for Quin.
I just looked. I don't follow. If you show my the difference you perceive to exist, I would be grateful.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 226

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:23 pm
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:21 pm Then why did you feel the need to support your point with mention of speedchuck's, Sloonei's and MacDougall's reads then? "Quin's reads are bad because theirs are more explicit". What?
Drawing a contrast to players who are making reads in a way I read as sincere sheds light on why I suspect yours to be insincere. This is obvious. You're making up questions and you didn't answer my demand.
Bingo my dude. That post made zero sense.

"Why would you show me an example of what you feel is legitimate hunting to draw contrast to mine?"

Answer: Because it highlights the reasons for which I believe you to be bad.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 225
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:27 pm @Sloonei your first post was too long for what it actually provided.
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:21 am With no basis on what I'm voting for, the Outworld sounds like my kind of place.
Then your post following also was too long and fluffy.

Comparing your first buncha posts here to other civ Sloonei posts makes me feel that you are being non genuine here. An example of difference can be found by comparing this game to the search for Quin.

Now. Why did I have to bark for you to bat an eye?
weak. To say nothing of the accuracy of your meta read on me, the posts you reference here are hardly relevant to any actual gameplay, and the rest of my day 1 posts were a bunch of 1-line questions and prods of individual players.
You barked of your own volition. Had you just come out and stated a suspicion of me rather than alluding to the possibility of one, I would have responded.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I feel like Wilgy is just being a day 0 provocateur and I doubt the legitimacy of his POV. I also feel that you are barking up the wrong tree sir.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 388

Post by Quin »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:30 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:23 pm
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:21 pm Then why did you feel the need to support your point with mention of speedchuck's, Sloonei's and MacDougall's reads then? "Quin's reads are bad because theirs are more explicit". What?
Drawing a contrast to players who are making reads in a way I read as sincere sheds light on why I suspect yours to be insincere. This is obvious. You're making up questions and you didn't answer my demand.
Bingo my dude. That post made zero sense.

"Why would you show me an example of what you feel is legitimate hunting to draw contrast to mine?"

Answer: Because it highlights the reasons for which I believe you to be bad.
He wasn't doing that. He was setting a baseline for what he expects from a civilian and deciding I'm bad for not meeting that baseline. It wasn't about the supposed illegitimacy of my hunting. It was read as bad by default. Tunnel.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Quin, if you are a civilian it would be a sad place to be being hounded by Jimmy and I in this manner, so I'll cut you some slack and stop commenting on you for a while and give you some chance to actually play the game from a non disadvantageous position.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:35 pm He wasn't doing that. He was setting a baseline for what he expects from a civilian and deciding I'm bad for not meeting that baseline. It wasn't about the supposed illegitimacy of my hunting. It was read as bad by default. Tunnel.
The "civilian baseline" was a description of hunting legitimacy. It was literally about that. Clearly you are viewing my behavior with a mindset that I am a civilian given these repeated assertions that I am tunneling on you, so I cannot determine why you refuse to say so.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 109
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Night zero has begun:
All use of the word 'Tunnel' will result in a made kill.
Pov: you reading my takes
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:37 pm Quin, if you are a civilian it would be a sad place to be being hounded by Jimmy and I in this manner, so I'll cut you some slack and stop commenting on you for a while and give you some chance to actually play the game from a non disadvantageous position.
I'd rather you just hounded me. At least you'd be speaking your mind.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:37 pm
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:35 pm He wasn't doing that. He was setting a baseline for what he expects from a civilian and deciding I'm bad for not meeting that baseline. It wasn't about the supposed illegitimacy of my hunting. It was read as bad by default. Tunnel.
The "civilian baseline" was a description of hunting legitimacy. It was literally about that. Clearly you are viewing my behavior with a mindset that I am a civilian given these repeated assertions that I am tunneling on you, so I cannot determine why you refuse to say so.
kk :beer:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]Quin[/mention] tell me what you think of wilgy.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Jimmy can you please ELI5 Quin's posts in contrast to what those posts you believe to have "hunting legitimacy".
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:40 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:37 pm Quin, if you are a civilian it would be a sad place to be being hounded by Jimmy and I in this manner, so I'll cut you some slack and stop commenting on you for a while and give you some chance to actually play the game from a non disadvantageous position.
I'd rather you just hounded me. At least you'd be speaking your mind.
I'm not doing this for your benefit I am doing it because I believe that giving you space is of benefit to the civilian cause whether you are a civilian or not. I'd rather see you freed up from pressure to read you further, and I'd rather investigate some other angles for a time.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Made wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:32 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:22 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:15 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:14 pm
Yes, you and Made. For different reasons though. I still have to reread the thread to get a more clear image.
In what ways do we stand out?

Don't let my constant questions interfere with your efforts to read the thread. Do what you gotta do and get back to me when you're comfortable. :beer:
Him jumping on you and suspecting of being an Indie stood out for me. He didn't really give any reason, maybe he was half-serious and it was just a hunch. But he started avoiding your questions.

You, because of your Town read on him. I don't see where that came from. And it happened directly after him suspecting you and avoiding your questions.
Civve af
Or at least not w/w with you.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:41 pm @Quin tell me what you think of wilgy.
Is the gist of his argument that you're bad because you didn't talk to him? If so, dumb. Dumb and NAI.
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:19 pmTo what end?
establishing greater-scope context
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I've reached my post cap for tonight. I also think the late arrivals will benefit from my mouth being taped shut. See y'all tomorrow. :grin:

linki: damnit Mac. I'm trying to stop. What is ELI5? Explain your meaning and I'll answer tomorrow.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:45 pm I've reached my post cap for tonight. I also think the late arrivals will benefit from my mouth being taped shut. See y'all tomorrow. :grin:

linki: damnit Mac. I'm trying to stop. What is ELI5? Explain your meaning and I'll answer tomorrow.
Explain like I'm 5 years old.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Is this post cap thing new?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:45 pm
You selected that list of players because you are familiar with all the other players?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:35 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:15 am I have a really juicy hot take right now and I bet you folks are just dying to hear it.
Go on.
Also this.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:34 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:50 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:24 pm Jesus Christ guys. 5 pages on day 0. Stooooooop.

I'm going to prove to you that Sloonei is bad this game. I have a real good feeling about that. He is bad an I'm a doctor!
Also Made has wilgy as his second strongest town read on the strength of this post and nothing else (wilgy's only other contribution at the time of made's rainbow was an OT comment about jack's avatar). I guess I overlooked this post when I was discussing Made's observation about heat on me, but I don't really take this seriously since it doesn't seem like wilgy's expressing an actual suspicion of me, rather he's just shaking his fist at me for having close to 50 posts on Day 0. I'd shake my fist at me too. That's ridiculous.
I don't understand any of Made's reads, I guess, but that doesn't stop me from liking that they exist at this point.
Why did it take you so long to comment on this? Why did you provide a reason other than suspicion when I said I was suspicious of you?
Considering that speed to comment on direct accusations is an issue for you I would ask why you completely ignored this post...
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:44 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:34 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:50 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:24 pm Jesus Christ guys. 5 pages on day 0. Stooooooop.

I'm going to prove to you that Sloonei is bad this game. I have a real good feeling about that. He is bad an I'm a doctor!
Also Made has wilgy as his second strongest town read on the strength of this post and nothing else (wilgy's only other contribution at the time of made's rainbow was an OT comment about jack's avatar). I guess I overlooked this post when I was discussing Made's observation about heat on me, but I don't really take this seriously since it doesn't seem like wilgy's expressing an actual suspicion of me, rather he's just shaking his fist at me for having close to 50 posts on Day 0. I'd shake my fist at me too. That's ridiculous.
I don't understand any of Made's reads, I guess, but that doesn't stop me from liking that they exist at this point.
Why did it take you so long to comment on this? Why did you provide a reason other than suspicion when I said I was suspicious of you?
Wow you're really going to tunnel him straight out the gate aren't you... uninterested in genuinely finding bad guys and instead more interested in just getting Sloonei lynched? The question is whether you were genuinely pinged by him and now just want to feel great about your bad guy hunting skill or whether you are just fake hunting as a scum guy. Could be possible hard distancing as scum teammates... I would totally expect that of you two so that's gotta be on the table.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:55 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:52 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:21 pm MacDougall is a civilian because he just explained the orange names in my rainbow list for me, with pretty much the same rationale, without me having to explain them myself.
Did I? Where did I do that?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:52 pm Dave
Jackofhearts2005
nutella
Quin
Click spoiler:

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:52 pm Have felt pings from Dave, Quin and Nutella. Will explain them in a future post.
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:43 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:02 pm oh hey guys

most of the people who have posted so far look civ so far, but then most of them are the people who always look civ to me. Sloonei's alternate interpretation of Quin is interesting though and Quin is someone I'm always waffly on. :ponder:

Made is zany as usual. Not sure what he's on about but I think he's just being Made.

Out of the so-far-civ-reads I think my strongest 3 are Sloonei, Kyle, and Jack. They're safe from my D1 vote at this point unless something changes.

oh and welcome new people! I'm getting tired of reading posts from the same 6-7 people so let's see some thoughts k
Interesting that you hen picked who to make reads on/comment on after starting the post like you were about to skim read everybody.
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:09 pm
Dave wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:02 pm although i m new to format and lack knowledge of mortal kombat i voted for outworld too as it makes sense as explained by jay, given current scum reads i dont have one i see dat people sus quin but i have to read more from him to give a verdict
So Dave's only made this one post. I've got zero meta on this guy as I've never played with him and I do have a history of getting pinged by people incorrectly and given it's just one post it's probably a relatively meaningless ping. I simply don't like that he justified his vote for Outworld as simply as deferring to Jay's explanation, which was actually a relatively decent justification and that is not what I am calling into question, I just doubt the sincerity of Dave's belief in Jimmy being an adequate reason to vote.

Also it has a bit of a tone of a forced introductory post. Those more familiar with this Dave can comment on what his town intro posts are generally like or Dave is like in general.
And the Quin/Jack suspicion is just kinda assumed. :grin:
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:48 pm
You selected that list of players because you are familiar with all the other players?
yes. I chose you and the other 6 because I've never played with you before. I'd like to know your mafia background and some basic facts that might explain your behavior in general.

for an example of why this is important.... I'd expect a player who's never played with Dr. Wilgy to find different behaviors of his suspicious than a player who's never met him.

Alternately if a player I assumed didn't know anyone here suddenly had a strong read on another player it would be important to know that those two players both came from the same discussion forum and have played multiple games together.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:58 pm
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:57 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:50 pm
Made wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:48 pm Mac, what is your read of quin?
His reaction to the initial suspicion of him was fairly ambiguous. His lack of genuine townlike play is alarming. I have him as my biggest scumread.
lack of genuine townlike play, huh :ponder:
I see less overtly civilian inspiration in you than I'd expect from 40+ Day 0 posts.
What means this?

Your Morpheusing?

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'll let [mention]lapluie[/mention] introduce herself when she gets here but, for reference, I invited her to the Syndicate and this is (obviously) her first game here. She also knows Quin.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[mention]Sloonei[/mention]

Not sure. I sent him a message just in case. He's been around this week.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 113
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Hey dudes... I read page 1 and page 9. Did I miss anything important?
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 113
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Voted Chaosrealm!
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Long Con wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:20 pm Hey dudes... I read page 1 and page 9. Did I miss anything important?
nah
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:20 pm Hey dudes... I read page 1 and page 9. Did I miss anything important?
Depends what your impression of pages 1 & 9 is.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:56 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:48 pm
yes. I chose you and the other 6 because I've never played with you before. I'd like to know your mafia background and some basic facts that might explain your behavior in general.

for an example of why this is important.... I'd expect a player who's never played with Dr. Wilgy to find different behaviors of his suspicious than a player who's never met him.

Alternately if a player I assumed didn't know anyone here suddenly had a strong read on another player it would be important to know that those two players both came from the same discussion forum and have played multiple games together.
So you've played with everybody else?
Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:11 pm could you each briefly summarize your past mafia playing history? How long have you been playing for? What site are you from? Have you played on the syndicate before? If no, are there any players in this game you have prior experience playing with?
I have been playing since 2011. I've played primarily on RYM but also a bit of Mafiascum and Somethingawful.com and over the last couple of years exclusively here. Haven't played since May.

birdwithteeth11 - Played a few games here, have very little recollection of meta.
Dave - Never played with.
Dom - Played several games here with Dom and have had significant interactions with him.
DrWilgy - Played several games here with Wilgy and have had significant interactions with him.
Elohcin - Played several games here with Elo and have had a bit of interaction.
Glorfindel - Played a few here with Glorf and have had a bit of interaction.
Gumshoe - I may have played one game with Gumshoe but relatively unfamiliar.
Jackofhearts2005 - Played a few games together with not much significant meta.
JaggedJimmyJay - Have played dozens of games with Jimmy as we were both from RYMafia. I taught him everything he knows. :haha:
Kylemii - Limited exposure.
lapluie - Might have played a game but not sure.
Long Con - Played quite a bit with Long Con. I think Long Con has a stronger feel for me than I do for him though.
Made - Played a little bit with Made but not a lot of meta to go by.
Marmot - Played heaps with Marmot and have had several significant interactions.
novaselinenever - Never played with.
nutella - Played quite a few games with nutella.
Quin - Played a shitload with Quin.
sig - Played heaps with sig.
Simon - Relatively unfamiliar with Simon but have played a couple games.
Sloonei - Sloonei is RYMFam from way back. We called him Darth Sloonei.
speedchuck - One or two games together.
TonyStarkPrime - Very limited exposure.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Yeah I actually think this has been a fairly productive and interesting first 9 pages. I'd read them if I were you.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 218
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:44 pm Rainbow lists that don't have me in some shade of green are weird looking. They're like off-brand or something.
JaggedJimmyJay
JaggedJimmyJay
JaggedJimmyJay
JaggedJimmyJay
JaggedJimmyJay
JaggedJimmyJay
JaggedJimmyJay
JaggedJimmyJay
JaggedJimmyJay
JaggedJimmyJay
JaggedJimmyJay
JaggedJimmyJay
JaggedJimmyJay

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Not really.

Generally, do you think Made puking out unsubstantiated reads early on is alignment indicative?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:50 pm
Not really.

Generally, do you think Made puking out unsubstantiated reads early on is alignment indicative?
You didn't find any of the reads being made between page 2 and 8 useful? What's your win con?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 440

Post by speedchuck »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:19 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:13 pm This is MacDougall's first game ever.
This.
I'm surprised, so you can take that as a compliment.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:57 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:13 pm This is MacDougall's first game ever.
This.
It's astonishing that he's managed 4091 posts on Day 0 of his first game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

that precocious little scamp
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:47 pm Is this post cap thing new?
JJJ is self-imposing a post cap as an experiment.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:59 pm
speedchuck wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:57 pm
This.
It's astonishing that he's managed 4091 posts on Day 0 of his first game.
That's amazing.

:omg:

(My memory is crap. Don't confuse me like this, guys.)
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[mention]Kylemii[/mention]

Tony's from the same home forum as ColonialBob, Malakim, Silver Lantern, Fredwood and me. He's a good egg. Even headed. Esp good with role madness or small closed power setups.

Readability for me is Silver>Fred>Tony>Mal>Bob so fairly good.

Idk. [mention]TonyStarkPrime[/mention] are you good at reading me? I feel like your baseline is to just read me more town than the average Syndicate player does.

Played with Glor before but he's too quiet for me to get him. Played with Mac. He looks like good Mac to me but then again, I'm not sure I've played with bad Mac. Maybe a bit more serious than I've seen previously but I don't take that as scum indicative.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:35 pmSo you've played with everybody else?
well.... I'm pretty sure. I can't recall exactly what games I might have played with birdswithteeth but I know his background. I'm pretty sure I remember him from the old revmaf days. maybe earlier.
I have been playing since 2011. I've played primarily on RYM but also a bit of Mafiascum and Somethingawful.com and over the last couple of years exclusively here. Haven't played since May.

birdwithteeth11 - Played a few games here, have very little recollection of meta.
Dave - Never played with.
Dom - Played several games here with Dom and have had significant interactions with him.
DrWilgy - Played several games here with Wilgy and have had significant interactions with him.
Elohcin - Played several games here with Elo and have had a bit of interaction.
Glorfindel - Played a few here with Glorf and have had a bit of interaction.
Gumshoe - I may have played one game with Gumshoe but relatively unfamiliar.
Jackofhearts2005 - Played a few games together with not much significant meta.
JaggedJimmyJay - Have played dozens of games with Jimmy as we were both from RYMafia. I taught him everything he knows. :haha:
Kylemii - Limited exposure.
lapluie - Might have played a game but not sure.
Long Con - Played quite a bit with Long Con. I think Long Con has a stronger feel for me than I do for him though.
Made - Played a little bit with Made but not a lot of meta to go by.
Marmot - Played heaps with Marmot and have had several significant interactions.
novaselinenever - Never played with.
nutella - Played quite a few games with nutella.
Quin - Played a shitload with Quin.
sig - Played heaps with sig.
Simon - Relatively unfamiliar with Simon but have played a couple games.
Sloonei - Sloonei is RYMFam from way back. We called him Darth Sloonei.
speedchuck - One or two games together.
TonyStarkPrime - Very limited exposure.
So.... you've been around. :p

thank you for the very extensive and lengthy answer to my question.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:54 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:50 pm
Not really.

You didn't find any of the reads being made between page 2 and 8 useful? What's your win con?
They're a part of a whole. I found a lot of individual accusations to be unconvincing but I'm not writing them off. LC can. :p
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

I guess I'd recommend you at least skim it. page 1 was basically typical day 0 horseshit but then we got into some real discussion on reads and meta, a lot of things took place, and people said stuff, it was wild.

I'm mostly sure the important highlights of what happened are going to come up again during and before day 1 but it might be beneficial to read things firsthand.
lapluie
Moon Child
Posts in topic: 553

Post by lapluie »

Hello I am here
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

lapluie wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:28 pm Hello I am here
Hello here, I am Sloonei.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Before you try to figure out what's going on, [mention]lapluie[/mention], I suggest you introduce yourself to all these fine folks who haven't had the pleasure of meeting you. Tell us who you are, what your mafia experience is, and what your general impression of this game is. please and thank you.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”