Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Sign Ups]

Moderator: Community Team

Will you join my ragtag group of heroes even though you may be killed by a critical hit?

Yes! Permadeath doesn't scare me!
81%
No. I'm a sissy who restarts when I lose a character.
16%
I'm a savescumming hacker mod.
3%

Total votes: 31
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Sign Ups]

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Standard Jack Rules
Spoiler: show
1) Don't quote your role pm, discuss the game outside this thread (unless your role pm says you can) or get your panties in a knot. It's just a game.

2) Days are 48 hours. Nights are 23 hours.

3) Plurality voting is in effect. That is, whoever has the most votes at the end of the day is lynched. In the event of a tie, the first player to receive the number of votes they currently have and hold those votes is lynched. Example below.
Three players vote for Player A. Then, three players vote for Player B. The day ends. Player A is lynched because he was the first to receive three votes.

Three players vote for Player A. Three players vote for Player B. One player removes their vote from Player A, then re-adds it a little later. The day ends. Player B is lynched. Player A was the first to receive three votes but he did not hold them.
3b) YOU MUST POST YOUR VOTES TO THE THREAD!

4) I will not tell you if you were misdirected. I will tell you if your action failed.

5) Info dumping is allowed.

6) Anti town players get fake claims if applicable.

7) Voting no lynch is allowed but generally discouraged.

8) Each member of a mafia/mason/cult team must submit their own night action.

9) Double targeting is allowed.

10) I probably won't lie to you but you never know.

Special rules
1) This is a draft game. One player will randomly be selected to be the mafia don. That player will then hand pick his mafia from the player list and pm it to me. They gain immediate BTSC. After the mafia is determined, I will provide a list of power roles based on Fire Emblem character classes and name a random player to start the draft. The starting player will assign a power role to a second player by posting his decision to the thread like "Epi, you are a knight." Then, the second player will assign a role to a third player and so on until all players have roles. Then, we will have Day 1. The draft period is considered Day 0 and will last until 48 hours have passed and all roles have been selected. Trying to extend Day 0 by not picking will result in penalties to your faction.

2) In addition to their publicly listed class power(s), all players will start with a secret backstory and related power, generally a one shot or passive ability. Two players with the same class will never share the same backstory. The mafia has their own backstories that replace the townie ones but they will be told what their townie backstory would have been as a safeclaim.

3) All players start at level 1 unless otherwise specified. All players that are voting at the end of the day gain a level. All players who submit their night action in the first 12 hours of the night gain a level. At level 10, you will promote to a new class, gaining new powers.

4) All townies will be randomly assigned to the nations of Goodguyia, Allyia, Nomadia or Badguyia if their backstory does not specify one. Scum are all from Badguyia. This is mostly flavor but some powers are affected by what country you are from.

5) At night, all flying players will resolve their actions first. Then, all horse riding characters will resolve their actions. Then, all infantry will resolve their actions. Roleblocking a player who has already resolved their action will have no effect, etc.

6) All players have one or more weapons. If you have multiple weapons, you must choose one each night. Swords > axes > lances > swords. Anima magic > light magic > dark magic > anima magic. If you use a weapon to target a player with a weapon yours beats, you have a 25% chance to self guide (be unblockable and unmisdirectable). If you use a weapon to target a player with a weapon that beats yours, you have a 25% chance to fail. If you miss your night action and have multiple weapons, you will use the same weapons you used last night. IIf you miss your night one action, your weapon choice will be randomized.

7) Bows are not weak or strong against other weapons but have a 100% chance to self guide against fliers. Bows allow players to retroactively effect actions of fliers that have already resolved. Example:
So if a flier blocks Player A and a sword infantry blocks the flier, Player A will still be blocked because the flier's action resolves first and the infantry player is too late to block the flier.

In the same scenario but with a bow user instead of a sword user attempting to block the flier, Player A will not be blocked because bow users can retroactively effect resolved flier actions.

If a bow user nightkills a flier and another infantry player doctors the flier, the flier will not die because the bow user is not "faster" than the other infantry player. He only gains the ability to effect resolved flier actions. He is not a flier himself.
8) Staves are not weak or strong against any other weapons.

Originally made for 21 players but can accommodate more.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Fire Emblem Draft Mafia

Post by Epignosis »

:knight:

:noble:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 70

Re: Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Sign Ups]

Post by dunya »

Wow, a hand drafted mafia team and civ POWER ROLES. It's like gym class all over again.

Love the concept of this game; have no idea about the theme. How long do you anticipate this game runs for? I see after 10 levels (which is basically 10 day phases) we get new powers. So it's a pretty long game?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

dunya wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:35 pm Wow, a hand drafted mafia team and civ POWER ROLES. It's like gym class all over again.

Love the concept of this game; have no idea about the theme. How long do you anticipate this game runs for? I see after 10 levels (which is basically 10 day phases) we get new powers. So it's a pretty long game?
One level per day and night phase each so 5 days before average promotions. No longer or shorter than any other 21 player job.

In a nutshell, the story of every Fire Emblem game is "Once upon a time, the seemingly peaceful nation of Badguyia up and invaded the nations of Goodguyia and Allyia out of the blue with an army of people in black armor with menacing looking helmets. The prince of Goodguyia slowly recruits a ragtag army of brave peasants, surviving Goodguyia and Allyia soldiers, his childhood friends, enemy defectors and mercenaries with hearts of gold to defeat the king of Badguyia as well as Actual Bad Guy, who was the mastermind behind the invasion all along."
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 17
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I've never seen nor played in a draft game. Sounds wild.

If you aren't sure how to set up the sign-ups poll, lemme know (or is this meant to be private sign-ups?).
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:46 pm
dunya wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:35 pm Wow, a hand drafted mafia team and civ POWER ROLES. It's like gym class all over again.

One level per day and night phase each so 5 days before average promotions. No longer or shorter than any other 21 player job.

In a nutshell, the story of every Fire Emblem game is "Once upon a time, the seemingly peaceful nation of Badguyia up and invaded the nations of Goodguyia and Allyia out of the blue with an army of people in black armor with menacing looking helmets. The prince of Goodguyia slowly recruits a ragtag army of brave peasants, surviving Goodguyia and Allyia soldiers, his childhood friends, enemy defectors and mercenaries with hearts of gold to defeat the king of Badguyia as well as Actual Bad Guy, who was the mastermind behind the invasion all along."
ahhh I misread; thought it was just after every day phase so 10 day phases sounded like a long time.

Sounds like a very fun game!
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

So I guess it's possible for a member of mafia to be on a mafia team and also have a civ assigned power role in the game.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

dunya wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:52 pm So I guess it's possible for a member of mafia to be on a mafia team and also have a civ assigned power role in the game.
Yup.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Quin »

does permadeath mean that if we die our syndicate accounts get deleted and we cant play mafia anymore? i'm in if so.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:41 pm does permadeath mean that if we die our syndicate accounts get deleted and we cant play mafia anymore? i'm in if so.
Yes. At the very least, you have to go back and replay all the mafia games you lost.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Quin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:43 pm
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:41 pm does permadeath mean that if we die our syndicate accounts get deleted and we cant play mafia anymore? i'm in if so.
Yes. At the very least, you have to go back and replay all the mafia games you lost.
mad max will finally be avenged
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

I'm obviously in.
finally a game with actual risks
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 16
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

This game looks insane!! And fun.

Question. Does the mafia don have that part of their role revealed? More specifically, if the don was lynched, will the rest of the players discover that he/she drafted the mafia team?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Marmot wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:32 pm This game looks insane!! And fun.

Question. Does the mafia don have that part of their role revealed? More specifically, if the don was lynched, will the rest of the players discover that he/she drafted the mafia team?
No.

All players will flip town or scum and have the flavor gist of their backstory (fake example: they are the prince) revealed when they die, day or night.

Actual backstory mechanics (fake example: the prince is a double voter) and the don's identity will not be revealed upon death.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Let's fill this thing up quickly, Cindy Kates. It's a completely unique approach to Mafia by the standards of this community, and if we can get our full games rolling in full form again it will be great for the continued growth of the site. :biggrin:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

My only knowledge of Fire Emblem is the characters that are in Smash 4 but this game approach sounds super cool (mostly confusing but I'm sure it'll make sense when it happens)
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[mention]MacDougall[/mention] and [mention]Sloonei[/mention], please sign up so we can all have an RYM reunion. <3
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I just invited a bunch of RYMers. Let's fill this game up with the old gang. :p
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[mention]speedchuck[/mention] should get in on this too. I haven't played a game on here without him yet. It would be unnatural. :p

and maybe [mention]Ricochet[/mention]'s big comeback? :coffee3:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 9

Post by speedchuck »

We'll see, [mention]dunya[/mention]. We'll see.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 20
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

/in for now. This looks like an amazing setup. But I may need to move to /out in the future because I never have a clear sense of where I'll be a month from the present
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

RYMers- ColinIsCool is gonna sign up to play :keys:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:58 am /in for now. This looks like an amazing setup. But I may need to move to /out in the future because I never have a clear sense of where I'll be a month from the present
shut up sloonei, you're in even if you a pile of work and shit because that's what we do. :meany:
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

I've been quiet on the mafia front the last couple months but this game idea was what originally brought me back to the Syndicate and I've been wanting to play a draft game for forever sooooooo.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

colonialbob wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:30 pm I've been quiet on the mafia front the last couple months but this game idea was what originally brought me back to the Syndicate and I've been wanting to play a draft game for forever sooooooo.
:omg:

I swore to take a looong break, but this draft game and setup is just too interesting to pass.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

colonialbob wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:30 pm I've been quiet on the mafia front the last couple months but this game idea was what originally brought me back to the Syndicate and I've been wanting to play a draft game for forever sooooooo.
Yeah, you missed my last draft game on the realms.

Here's an example of how this has worked in the past for anyone curious.
http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=251870
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:19 pm Here's an example of how this has worked in the past for anyone curious.
http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=251870
wow, that was a short game. I can't see it being that small here. Heck, I could type 25 pages on my own.

but very interesting...
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Yeah, Realms mafia (especially 9 years ago) is a bit more casual than your average Syndicate game.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

the lion is coming to play with us too :ohyeah: (cc: [mention]rundontwalk[/mention] )
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Ricochet »

dunya wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:27 am and maybe Ricochet's big comeback? :coffee3:
Ok.

Wait, this is a mafia game.

No.
rundontwalk
The Mark

Post by rundontwalk »

In.

#ballstothewall
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

rundontwalk wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:52 pm In.

#ballstothewall
:eek:

:scared:

:faint:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

rundontwalk
The Mark

Post by rundontwalk »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:53 pm

#ballstothewall

You're a big deal here haha, congrats.

Nevertheless, I will destroy you. Xoxo.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

#ballstothewall
:lorab: :lorab: :lorab: :lorab: :lorab:

don't forget to vote IN in the poll!
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

dunya, rundontwalk, MacDougall, Sloonei, ColinIsCool and JaggedJimmyJay

6 RYMers so far. This is going to be epic. :p

[mention]motel room[/mention] and [mention]Strawhenge[/mention] should come play. :srsnod:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

rundontwalk wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:55 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:53 pm

#ballstothewall

You're a big deal here haha, congrats.

Nevertheless, I will destroy you. Xoxo.
he's not a big deal...don't feed his fucking ego. :p we can tag-team crush him, easily. he's very fragile after he turned 30...his bones crack a whole lot more. :meany:

also, btw: [mention]ColinIsCool[/mention] , you have to vote in the poll up there that you're /in. This 21 is going to be a breeze.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]gwilikers6[/mention]

:biggrin:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:52 pm gwilikers6

:biggrin
don't take credit for what you didn't do; I invited gwilly and he responded to my invite! :meany:

GWILLY :workit: :workit: gwilly and sloonei, lovers in the house.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

dunya wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:00 pm

don't take credit for what you didn't do; I invited gwilly and he responded to my invite! :meany:

Don't worry, I told all the moderators that the influx of newcomers is your doing. :meany:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:02 pm
dunya wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:00 pm

Don't worry, I told all the moderators that the influx of newcomers is your doing. :meany:
it's almost like you want me to take some kind of blame :scared:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Seriously, great work D. We always need new blood here, and new-old blood is doubly cool. :srsnod:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i did this for purely selfish, nostalgic reasons tbh.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

boobs - 1
Three Js in your name- nil
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 8
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

What did you do? Bribed them with pictures of your cat?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:39 pm boobs - 1
Three Js in your name- nil
:haha:

How ya gonna beat boobs, Jay? :p
gwilikers6
The Mark

Post by gwilikers6 »

In, let’s do this.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 20
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Holy shit, it's gwilly
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
gwilikers6
The Mark

Post by gwilikers6 »

Sup?
gwilikers6
The Mark

Post by gwilikers6 »

I love Fire Emblem and this setup sounds awesome. Completely different from anything I’ve done before. I wanna be a myrmidon!
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

gwilikers6 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:48 am I love Fire Emblem and this setup sounds awesome. Completely different from anything I’ve done before. I wanna be a myrmidon!
ask and ye shall receive :srsnod:

i'm seriously so excited now I forgot my friend is coming on the 23rd, but she's in for a surprise if this game is on then. :haha:

Return to “Previous Job Sign-Ups”