Total votes: 15
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 109
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Made »

Made wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:47 pm To whom it may concern,
The following are reads on Mac. Please use them for the advancement of the civilian cause.

1. this post, this post, this post and this post read like trying to start something without committing
2. this one bothers me because wilgy's talked about ratio to talked in game ratio is among the lowest in the game.
3. deflects to other players when providing reads without quoting, or highlights what he liked here.
4. this argument seems far less conclusive than arguments he's given on Nutella, Dave, and Wilgy, yet it's his strongest, and where his vote now lies.

Healthy suspicion is healthy, but it seems as Mac's posts aren't focused on winning, but on hiding potential fault.
Mac, which players this game read civvie to you?
Jack is next, thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Made's secretary
ebwop
Spoiler: show
Pov: you reading my takes
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 225
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:47 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:45 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:44 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:32 pm Marmot
This one intrigues me.
Marmot's placement on my list is more an absence of a reason to town read him than a specific reason to scum read him. The same is true for Long Con.
Why not yellow then?
Because he has made more than one or two substantial posts in the thread. Yellow is for people who don't have enough content for a firm read.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Stop distracting me, jerks. I have one more school application to finish before monday.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 226

Post by MacDougall »

Made wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:47 pm To whom it may concern,
The following are reads on Mac. Please use them for the advancement of the civilian cause.

1. this post, this post, this post and this post read like trying to start something without committing
2. this one bothers me because wilgy's talked about ratio to talked in game ratio is among the lowest in the game.
3. deflects to other players when providing reads without quoting, or highlights what he liked here.
4. this argument seems far less conclusive than arguments he's given on Nutella, Dave, and Wilgy, yet it's his

Healthy suspicion is healthy, but it seems as Mac's posts aren't focused on winning, but on hiding potential fault.
Mac, which players this game read civvie to you?
Jack is next, thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Made's secretary
Okay so you are suspicious of me for playing the way I play in every game. Okay. Point 4 is incomplete as well but I presume you were about to say my vote. Which is funny because I had made more comments than just that one.

If I am being short it's because I am playing on my phone and it's annoying to write long posts on a phone keyboard.

I just gave you my rainbow btw.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:49 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:47 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:45 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:44 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:32 pm Marmot
This one intrigues me.
Marmot's placement on my list is more an absence of a reason to town read him than a specific reason to scum read him. The same is true for Long Con.
Why not yellow then?
Because he has made more than one or two substantial posts in the thread. Yellow is for people who don't have enough content for a firm read.
Is it? I just use it for people I am null on. If that's your yellow what's your null?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:47 pm Mr Mac, please talk about Mr Jack
I have read the suspicion and don't agree with it and I think he has done a good job contributing while also defending. I basically just disagree that he is suspicious at all. I think Jimmy is dog with a bone on that case.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

I think it might be vote consolidation time.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 147

Post by Glorfindel »

Day 4 - Key take-aways:

Made wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:00 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:59 pm
Made wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:56 pm So Slooni's starting the game in a nice pinkish shade of red from me
Explain
Well at first i was thinking a burnt orange, but i feel like a more rosey and inviting red really fit you more.
Page 4 starts with Made accusing Sloonei of being bad (don’t know how else to interpret ‘a more rosey and inviting red’). As I’d said previously, at this point I can see the suspicion being justified, Sloonei asks for an explanation and what follows from Made (i.e. allegation of being Indy) is in my view bizarre. Sloonei’s pursuit of Made looks good in my opinion and I think Made looks far worse for it. Jay Townfirms Sloonei and on the face of it, I think I’d agree. As for Made, I can’t fathom what they’re doing here - it looks more ill-conceived that malicious.

speedchuck wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:17 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:18 am Quin do you consider yourself to be a primary suspect? :p
I do wonder what the point of this question was. Didn't get much out of the Kylemii read otherwise. Tone-wise he's meta town.

linki: I have no idea WTHF made is talking about.

@JaggedJimmyJay Was the sloon read your hot take?
Chuckles is back and I’m confused by this post above - specifically his remark about “Tone-wise he’s meta town”. I can’t tell whether he’s referring to Kyle or Quin? @Speedchuck

Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:34 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:18 am Quin do you consider yourself to be a primary suspect? :p
I do wonder what the point of this question was. Didn't get much out of the Kylemii read otherwise. Tone-wise he's meta town.

Quin was asking me about why I hadn't commented on the suspicion against him, 'the only real suspect'. it was a comment on his questjon, since I hadn't really seen much suspicion put towards quin yet it seemed odd that he'd list himself as the top suspect. Odd in a "quin is being a goofball" way.
I feel like this post should be significant. I find myself agreeing with Kyle here that Quin’s ‘only real suspect’ is weird. I’m not in any position to comment on Quin being a goofball - that has not been my experience of him since we’ve been playing together.

Sloonei Town reads Made - which as I alluded to earlier kinda makes some sense.

We have an exchange between Sloonei and Chuckles with respect to Made. Again, a really good look for Sloonei and Chuckles still feels (to me) ‘uncomfortable’.

Eloh joins the game complaining about having to catch up four pages? :confused2:

Jack enters the thread, sounds OK. My biggest concern here seems to be Chuckles - not getting a great vibe.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Made wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:56 pm I think it might be vote consolidation time.
we have 21 hours left.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:58 pm
Made wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:56 pm I think it might be vote consolidation time.
we have 21 hours left.
so you're saying we should wait
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:29 pm
Glorfindel wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:08 pmFor the sake of posterity the bolded comment above is misleading, Jay. I DID answer the question you posed in that game. My answer stood regardless of my alignment and WILL be the position to which I will return for any game I play here at this site in future. It just so happened that you were right that game. You could just as easily have been wrong. Having said that, I enjoyed that game immensely and am convinced that you can never truly appreciate just how much I agonised over not being able to say those three words (I am Town) to you.
you should write scripts for romantic dramas
I’ll take that as a compliment, Kyle. Thank you.

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 440

Post by speedchuck »

Glorfindel wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:57 pm Day 4 - Key take-aways:

Chuckles is back and I’m confused by this post above - specifically his remark about “Tone-wise he’s meta town”. I can’t tell whether he’s referring to Kyle or Quin? @Speedchuck
Kyle.

I have other posts about Quin, and my townread on Quin comes from stuff other than tone. But if you haven't gotten to that, you will.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Made wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:58 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:58 pm
we have 21 hours left.
so you're saying we should wait
I'm saying there's no rush, but we should constantly be working toward a consensus.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:33 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:28 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:22 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:13 pm I'd echo Mac but the explanation of his scum Sloonei read went in one eye and out the other so I'm not sure I even care.

@Sloonei your thoughts on it?

Jimmy's Nutella case is interesting to me because it's basically the same as my case on her early on in Mountains and my conclusion was wrong. Also, I don't see what he sees anyway. Opposite contrast with opposite conclusions.

Kinda feel like I'm dead ended on Jimmy atm anyway. Made looks worse but I'll let him talk before I decide where to move.
I don't know what "it" is here.
I really should have clarified after several linkis.

What do you think of Made's case on you?
He reads as authentic to me. He's not latching onto any traditional or easy arguments that I could see being made against me, which suggests to me these are genuine thoughts of his.
What kinda transitional or easy arguments? :grin:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:08 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:33 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:28 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:22 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:13 pm I'd echo Mac but the explanation of his scum Sloonei read went in one eye and out the other so I'm not sure I even care.

@Sloonei your thoughts on it?

Jimmy's Nutella case is interesting to me because it's basically the same as my case on her early on in Mountains and my conclusion was wrong. Also, I don't see what he sees anyway. Opposite contrast with opposite conclusions.

Kinda feel like I'm dead ended on Jimmy atm anyway. Made looks worse but I'll let him talk before I decide where to move.
I don't know what "it" is here.
I really should have clarified after several linkis.

What do you think of Made's case on you?
He reads as authentic to me. He's not latching onto any traditional or easy arguments that I could see being made against me, which suggests to me these are genuine thoughts of his.
What kinda transitional or easy arguments? :grin:
He could say that I'm fence-sitting or trying to push various easy mislynches or trying to gain townie cred by inflating my post count early on, to name a few. Instead he's picking out specific actions of mine which apparently don't sit well with him and (eventually) he managed to articulate his thoughts in a way that I can understand.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

[mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention] ,
Here are your reads, I hope they serve you well.

1. The conversational tone of his post generally lead me to read him more closely. Please don't make me quote literally every post he's made this game to justify this point.
2. Reads like Me/Radfuzz read last game. Super friendly and nice and seeming hesitant to step on toes including my own seen here as well as quin seen here and kyle seen here and here
3. this post (among others) make me feel better about you.
As it stands Made would need further convincing to vote Jack today

Jack, what were you looking for while trying to determine if I was bad based on my reads of you as well as other players, and did you find it?

Regards,
Made's Secretary
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

2a. To clarify, I don't think being friendly is bad, it's just so far I'm not liking the implications of your friendliness in your reading of the game should you be bad
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention] read me at this very moment, go go go.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Day 5 - Key take-aways:
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:24 pm Jesus Christ guys. 5 pages on day 0. Stooooooop.

I'm going to prove to you that Sloonei is bad this game. I have a real good feeling about that. He is bad an I'm a doctor!
Based on what I’ve read so far, best of luck with that, Sir!

Not a great deal to report this page. Elements of off topic and flavour discussion.

Nutella joins the game with a handful or superficial reads but interestingly makes no reference to Jay other than to remark about his poll theorising - otherwise, looks harmless enough.

Kyle is still feeling somewhat stilted and awkward but his content is improving (i.e. his hypothesising about Made’s previous peculiar behaviour).

Made wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:30 pm note, this is the first game I remember ever seeing slooni take any sort of heat. very interesting to see tbh.
nywhozies day zero rainbow cuz y not

Quin
Wilgy
Kyle
Eloh
Nutella
SpeedChuck
JJJ
Jack
Slooni
MacDougle

Dave

linki- move kyle to top of list and JJJ to above speedchuck
The page ends with this reads list from Made - kinda makes me wonder if we’re playing the same game. Quin his strongest Town? Wilgy second after having posted twice? Jay and Sloonei bringing up the rear? MacDougall rock bottom after only a couple of posts???

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:27 am Jackofhearts2005 read me at this very moment, go go go.
Town.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

The idea of reading you bad for fence sitting is both traditional and hilariously wrong.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:01 am The idea of reading you bad for fence sitting is both traditional and hilariously wrong.
It's an accusation I've had to respond to in about half the games I've ever played.
Care to elaborate of your read on me?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:19 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:01 am The idea of reading you bad for fence sitting is both traditional and hilariously wrong.
It's an accusation I've had to respond to in about half the games I've ever played.
:shrug2:

You look like standard good guy Sloonei to me.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:47 am

This is weak. I'm not compelled to move my vote off of you.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 612
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonbeard, can you summarize your suspicion of Jack?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Made wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:19 am Jack, what were you looking for while trying to determine if I was bad based on my reads of you as well as other players, and did you find it?

Regards,
Made's Secretary
I was looking for something that made sense to me so I could tell if it was genuine or not. Plus, just generally trying to get a feel for you.

Not really. I mean, you keep saying essentially "A is true, therefore B" and I don't disagree with you that A is true. I just don't get the jump to B. Sometimes I'm not even sure what B is supposed to be.

You say I'm being conversational and nice and it's implied this makes you think I'm bad but I don't know why. Another post makes you feel better about me but I can't tell why that post makes you think that.

I don't remember being this far away from your train of thought last time we played together but I think one of us died early.

You're clearly putting forth a lot of effort so that's a good look. I wouldn't expect a baddie to make the posts you're making.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:11 am

This is weak. I'm not compelled to move my vote off of you.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:12 am Sloonbeard, can you summarize your suspicion of Jack?
Yes, but first I need to finish summarizing why this damn Master's program needs to accept me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

To this post, I'll say that Jack is the player in this game with the most reason to be paranoid about my scum game. My only completely successful scum performance in recent memory was the game in which Jack and I were introduced to each other (Season 3 preliminary game on MU). He's repeatedly brought this experience up when reading me in the past. He certainly has a more complete meta-read of me now that we've played a handful of games together, but I still expect him to be more cautious of me than other players. For him to offer a shrugged Day 1 town read of me with no real substance is weaksauce.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei, in this very game I have lamented my lack of understanding of your scum game and a need to reread Champs 2016.

Just because you fooled me once doesn't mean I'm going to tunnel on you without reason. As you can see from my handling of Quin, I'm trying to buck my bad suspicion tendencies, not lean into them.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Besides, the request was "Read me right now. Go!"

You ask for a gth, you get a gth, not a novel.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:25 am Sloonei, in this very game I have lamented my lack of understanding of your scum game and a need to reread Champs 2016.

Just because you fooled me once doesn't mean I'm going to tunnel on you without reason. As you can see from my handling of Quin, I'm trying to buck my bad suspicion tendencies, not lean into them.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:27 am Besides, the request was "Read me right now. Go!"

You ask for a gth, you get a gth, not a novel.
I've not been given any reason to believe your read of me is genuine in this game. I don't expect or encourage you to tunnel me, but I also don't expect you to call me a townie and then shrug when I ask why.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Day 0]

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:29 pm I say we lynch Quin now so I don't have room to tunnel on him later.
First of all, I don't know how we all feel about joke suspicions like this, but I can see badiness manifesting itself in a post like this one. In the absence of an authentic early game read, Jack presents an obvious joke target as an obvious joke. Hm. This is not something which factored into my scum read, but when I opened his ISO this post was staring me in the face.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:14 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:09 pm Also, Sloonei is a lock civilian and I'm done sorting his alignment for the remainder of the game.
Sloonei needs to be mafia at some point so I can actually understand his playstyle instead of just going "Sloonei looks like town to me, as usual." (except when we're tunneling on different players and I get to tinfoiling that he's defending my bad suspects to go after his bad suspects but that only happened once)

Or I could just go reread Champs 2016 and find out what I missed.

[/borderline OT] [/overly meta]

[overly meta]

Jimmy, what do you look like when you're bad? You maintain that Epi catching you in Mountains was broken clocking, yeah?

[counting down the seconds until someone decides this kinda thing makes me bad]
Here's the post Jack alluded to a moment ago. It did not sit well with me for reasons my distracted mind could not articulate. I feel like there is potential TMI leaking out of here. I've highlighted where the leak occurs. There seems to be an implicit acceptance of my towniness in this game here, but it's Day 1 (technically this was Day 0) and Jack shouldn't know my alignment.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:37 pm None of my questions were particularly important. I'm more just feeling you out atm.
In my initial skim of the Jay/Jack dialogue, this was the post I liked least. It gives the impression that Jack is asking directionless questions, and he knows they're directionless. which is interesting, because as I am scrolling through his ISO now I can make that observation of a number of his posts. Observe:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:35 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:32 pm i will say that at the very fucking least made seems to be playing vastly different than he did in vocaroo mafia
You're cursing a lot for a Kyle.

What's the difference?
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:12 pm That said

@novaselinenever

Gimmie a read on somebody.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:42 pm @MacDougall

Pick out a baddie and I'll help you lynch them.
I don't feel like any of these posts resulted in any meaningful development of Jack's read of the game. Directionless

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:26 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:20 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:18 pm Jack: What do you look like when you're bad.
Jimmy: Like this.
Jack: Like now?
Jimmy: I don't think what I linked to is representative of bad me.

:evileye:
No, fuck that. Anyone is free to look at my Bravo game and make face value comparisons. That's not what I am talking about. You're making a specific comparison about you which must inherently rely upon Bravo having known who Kilo was to make any sense. This "subconscious" thing is bullshit.
This is the post where I decided Jay was town, and enhanced my doubts about Jack. He seems to be running in circles around Jay in a dodgy sort of way, and his playful gif response seems to be an acknowledgment that his primary motive is antagonism rather than uncertainty about Jay's role. The argument he tried to make was bogus, he got called out for it, and he laughed about it. I can see this being a baddie trying to look casual. But none of this exchange looks like an earnest attempt to get a read on Jay. I mean, in this post he had asked for examples of scum Jay and was linked directly to Bravo's post history in Phenon 2, but then asked this:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:57 pm You were Bravo is Phenon, right?
He asked for examples, was given examples, but did not examine them. Yuck.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:33 pm *Vote Jimmy*

Most likely to switch to Made or Kyle.

Not voting Quin, Sloonei, Speed, Nutella.
Already talked about why I dislike this post. The vote appears weak and I don't really see where the scum read of Jay comes from based on the lengthy exchange those two had earlier. I said earlier that this vote seems to lack conviction. That's because he immediately follows the vote with two other subjects who might be receiving his Day 1 vote (if I had more time right now, I'd also be getting into his case against Kyle. I encourage somebody else to do that, because I'm not in love with it).

Then there's his read of me which we've just been talking about. It doesn't feel authentic.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 125
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:47 pm nutella, a question for you:

In Mountain Mafia, you opened the game with a perspective of just do it on Day 1, allowing yourself to play "fast-and-loose" and voting as your whims inspired. Example

In this game you seem to be playing from a more timid, uncertain vantage point. You played very well in the mountains game and had a lot of success. Why do you think you've changed in this regard?
I did say I was going to try to vary my style more each game, lol. But yeah I do feel kind of back to my old waffly, flip-floppy, unsure-of-anything ways. Idk, haven't found my footing in this game yet, it's a bit bigger and more intimidating than Mountains and I haven't been in the same mood to play fast-and-loose like I did then (and even in that game it only lasted for the first couple days), plus I've been doing stuff irl and not thinking much about the game. I would throw a starter vote on someone just for kicks but I haven't even felt that strongly enough about anyone for more than a hot minute.

Part of me wants to follow Sloonei for all the rest of my days and second-guess my civ read of Jack, so I might consider that, but if I learned anything from Mountains it's that Sloonei isn't always right even when he's 99% confident in a case. :disappoint: :disappoint: :disappoint:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Nah you know what screw it, I'm standing by my previous list and throwing a vote on LC. He's not doing his thang.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Oh that's a disgusting spread.

Nutella, on the other hand, is a most delectable spread.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:28 am if I learned anything from Mountains it's that Sloonei isn't always right even when he's 99% confident in a case. :disappoint: :disappoint: :disappoint:
I don't know what you are talking about, I am without fault.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella sounds genuine.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Glorfindel

Sloonei
Kylemii

speedchuck
Made
lapluie
Quin
nutella
Simon
TonyStarkPrime
Elohcin
MacDougall

birdwithteeth11
Dom
Gumshoe

Dave
DrWilgy
Marmot
novaselinenever
Jackofhearts2005
Long Con

If you've questions, give 'em to me.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I voted Long Con again.
Long Con wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:26 pm He answered that, it's because I haven't contributed anything to the game. It's not because I'm bad, it's because I have nothing to say at this time. Only one thing has triggered me as suspicious, and it's Made's player salad a few posts back, asking like 10 people a different quick question. I'll vote for Made for now. Other than that, not much has pulled me into this game, just a lot of huffing and puffing that doesn't much strike me as particularly civ or bad.
I can understand and respect a desire to relax early in a game after his recent engagements with Epignosis. I struggle to believe though that the only thing in this thread he felt was worth his discussion was that Made post. Day 1 or not, we're over 700 posts in this thread.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Is there more to be said about why Long Con is the most compelling suspect?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:07 am Is there more to be said about why Long Con is the most compelling suspect?
I don't know that I'd call him the "most compelling" suspect. However, if I take my orange reads and remove the two first-timers as well as Jack**, I'm left with Wilgy, Marmot, and Long Con. The former two have given little reason for civilian credit, and I already lost interest in the one positive note I made about Wilgy earlier. They're also the sorts of players though who cannot reliably be read in that way, because they don't tend to accumulate civilian credit when they're civilians. Long Con is the exception, a player who I'd expect to have done something in this game by now that'd make him more readily readable.

**Jack is a candidate I would consider lynching. Before I continue down that tunnel however I want to see what he does with the case you compiled.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

I agree with a lot of the points Sloonei made about Jack, the evolution of his read on me felt non organic and it seems like several of his posts may signify a superficial approach towards scum hunting.

I'm interested in seeing his response.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

I also get the suspicion on LC. I usually expect LC to have more thoughts on things. A lot of stuff has happened that should be read-worthy other than Made's salad questions.

his post ummmm.... this one, under the cut:
Long Con wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:31 pm And, JJJ, I appreciate the token attempt to squeeze me a little with your vote, but you might as well try it somewhere else, because I'm most likely going to play how I'm going to play. My early game has been abysmal lately, and that last game really drained a lot of my Mafia passion away, so I'm going to participate where I can and not try to force it.
reads to me as fairly genuine. I can see how LC might be burnt out by early game mafia stuff after mountain mafia, and maybe also Chicka Chicka? I can also see why it would make him feel less engaged in this game.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

mafia-fatigue is also not an exclusive emotion for any particular faction, but I do believe LC that it is at least in part to blame for his apparent lack of zest for this game.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 388

Post by Quin »

I've decided 3J is likely good because he looked into my off-topic content (I have an unreliable internet connection right now) to form a read on me. I don't believe scum would want to fabricate that.

i meant to submit this like an hour ago but i forgot and went out oops
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Quin wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:52 am I've decided 3J is likely good because he looked into my off-topic content (I have an unreliable internet connection right now) to form a read on me. I don't believe scum would want to fabricate that.

i meant to submit this like an hour ago but i forgot and went out oops
Really? Jimmy and I have similar tendencies and reading into ot posts is something I love doing either way. I don't think that is a good reason for giving him a town read at all.

I am civ reading him but not without some reservations about some of his case making.

I really don't like the the way you phrased it either. It's non committal and also relatively unprovoked. The timing between him announcing he had a civ read on you and this post is just long enough for me to feel like it's an attempt to buddy to him without getting sprung as such.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:33 am mafia-fatigue is also not an exclusive emotion for any particular faction, but I do believe LC that it is at least in part to blame for his apparent lack of zest for this game.
A very easy and non controversial comment here. Reads like a mafia player making a future credit civ read on a player they know isn't bad.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:07 am Is there more to be said about why Long Con is the most compelling suspect?
I don't agree with it. He hasn't done near enough to be the most compelling suspect. He is null on my radar.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Personally I would like to ultimately see quin lynched. I feel he is the most compelling lynch and given the volume he has posted if the only good reason anyone has to refute the bad stuff is that he would probably not post as much as a mafia player with bad internet well I disagree and that's an awful reason.

Jimmy. If you were a mafia player who had bad internet and were one of the few players looking lynchable would you post with less frequency than if you were town with bad internet? I feel entirely the opposite and having really thought about it I really question the nature of the analysis from you. Bad look.

Return to “Previous Jobs”