Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 226

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Day 1]

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:10 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:01 am
Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:55 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:48 am
Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:46 am MacDougall please tell me what your current reads are on Jack, Made, LC, and Sloonei
What is this trend where players feel like they can just haphazardly make demands of other players like this? I do not like it. It is a very easy way to move the dialogue away from the topic at hand and you have given me no reason for why you chose those four names. Furthermore I have a very recent read on jack and LC so it really feels like you are just trying to change the conversation.
we don't have to change the subject but I still want an answer from you

knowing your current reads on those four players helps me assess your motivation
I question you are genuinely trying to solve anything given you have asked me to provide reads on two players that if anyone was genuinely paying attention would know my position on. Given that I question your motives for asking I will refrain. I hope you understand.
saying you suspect someone doesn't magically relieve you of the responsibility of putting forward effort as a civ.

I don't get the impression that you're actually trying to figure out my alignment. it seems like you've made a decision about me that you're now trying to brute-force into reality.
You are somewhat right. I have read you and determined you as adequately suspect to be pressured.

And I don't see you asking me to give you gth reads on four seemingly random players as my civ responsibility. In fact I see doing so as unresponsive given my opinion of you.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sorry autocorrect. Irresponsible not unresponsive.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 612
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:11 am And if his vested interest was on winning the game via not beinf lynched day 1 as mafia?
I think his posts would look different and that there'd be fewer of them. They'd be more self-obsessed. He'd be playing more defense and prodding into others less frequently.

It is clear we don't agree on this matter, and I'd prefer to end my part in this dialogue. I am trying not to inflate the thread with these lengthy exchanges.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 388

Post by Quin »

jaggedjimmyjay how is it you have a self imposed post restriction yet you're still 2nd place in terms of post count?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:15 am jaggedjimmyjay how is it you have a self imposed post restriction yet you're still 2nd place in terms of post count?
I'm a colossal failure.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:09 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:05 am I'm not tunneling Jimmy. That's unfair and for someone who influences most of the play to say that is not appropriate. I have made reads on a lot of players and I have given quin lots of time to change my mind too.
That wasn't an accusation or a dig. I don't view tunneling as an inherently bad thing. If you don't think you're doing it, sure okay.
Reducing my interactions with quin to that makes me feel like you are interested in generally discrediting me. But okay I will accept that and leave it.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Quin wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:05 am
Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:00 am Quin, Jay have you played with Mac before?
Three times, maybe. My impression from those games is that he doesn't care about his process as long as he catches scum. I've never seen a scum game he's lived more than one day in, though I'd guess it's the same thing.
well i guess that sounds pretty accurate at least
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:04 am
Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:00 am Quin, Jay have you played with Mac before?
I have probably played 50-60 games with MacDougall. We both got our start in Mafia on RYM, along with Sloonei and dunya.
okay then I guess you'd be the one to ask... would you consider Mac's treatment of his suspicion of me to be pretty typical Mac meta?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Day 0]

Post by MacDougall »

Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:02 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:00 am
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:55 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:54 am
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:44 am No, I lied.

I don't think you actually care about the read you've given me so far. That's natural for you in trying to progress Day 0/1 though.
Lynch all liars.
Tell me about Kylemii.
I had a ping at first which I am prone to do when people are being enthusiastic in the way that Kylemii seemed to be (see Sloonei's description) but further posts seem relatively genuine. I don't accept Jimmy's argument for clearing as that's just as likely if not more so just common phrasing that Kylemii uses.

Thank you for the question. What were you expecting me to say?
He's been around as much as the next person so far but hasn't touched on the only suspect (me) yet, and has talked primarily about the poll. I wanted to know if anyone else thought it was worth mentioning.
So given you had some concerns about Kyle and now I have my own, where do you stand on him now?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:16 am okay then I guess you'd be the one to ask... would you consider Mac's treatment of his suspicion of me to be pretty typical Mac meta?
Something you just said actually made me chuckle, because it is a good depiction of the man we call MacDougall as a Mafia player:
Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:10 amit seems like you've made a decision about me that you're now trying to brute-force into reality.
I wouldn't say he's trying to brute-force his read into reality, but he is pursuing it with an aggressiveness and thoroughness that is typical of him. I don't think his conduct is a concern on any meta grounds.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:44 pm
Glorfindel

Sloonei

novaselinenever
JaggedJimmyJay
Jackofhearts
LongCon
lapluie
Made
TonyStarkPrime
speedchuck
Elohcin
Dom
Gumshoe
birdwithteeth
Simon
Marmot
nutella
sig

Dave
DrWilgy
Quin
Kylemii

Mine.
Updated. The colour groups and not ordered at all. I have moved LC and jack mostly because of other people having suspicion of them that is enough to have me questioning my read.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

You will notice and I will admit I have no red reads at all. I have yet to see anything that has me thoroughly convinced of mafia alignment. Which is a concern.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Mac that yellow pile makes me want to throw up. I want to vomit right now. Actually now I am vomiting. I am puking all over my fingers as I type this. This is so fucking disgusting. I can't believe this is happening. I need to just get up and go to my toilet. I better end this post. Oh my goodness there is puke everywhere.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:13 am
Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:46 am MacDougall please tell me what your current reads are on Jack, Made, LC, and Sloonei
What is this trend where players feel like they can just haphazardly make demands of other players like this? I do not like it. It is a very easy way to move the dialogue away from the topic at hand and you have given me no reason for why you chose those four names. Furthermore I have a very recent read on jack and LC so it really feels like you are just trying to change the conversation.

knowing your current reads on those four players helps me assess your motivation
I question you are genuinely trying to solve anything given you have asked me to provide reads on two players that if anyone was genuinely paying attention would know my position on. Given that I question your motives for asking I will refrain. I hope you understand.
saying you suspect someone doesn't magically relieve you of the responsibility of putting forward effort as a civ.

I don't get the impression that you're actually trying to figure out my alignment. it seems like you've made a decision about me that you're now trying to brute-force into reality.
You are somewhat right. I have read you and determined you as adequately suspect to be pressured.

And I don't see you asking me to give you gth reads on four seemingly random players as my civ responsibility. In fact I see doing so as unresponsive given my opinion of you.
I am completely right. :/

pressuring doesn't mean "I'm going to decide this player I spent 20 minutes thinking about is definitely mafia so I'm going to call them mafia and then ignore all their questions and also not really even ask them any questions"

how do you hope to feel me out in this way? reading and analyzing other players motivations requires an open dialogue, not a battle-axe.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:28 am Mac that yellow pile makes me want to throw up. I want to vomit right now. Actually now I am vomiting. I am puking all over my fingers as I type this. This is so fucking disgusting. I can't believe this is happening. I need to just get up and go to my toilet. I better end this post. Oh my goodness there is puke everywhere.
I know. It sucks. I am seeing a lot of players as null and a lot of players have made posts that have pinged me and also posts that look civ. I am unaccustomed to not having clearer reads at this point.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 388

Post by Quin »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:19 am

I don't think you actually care about the read you've given me so far. That's natural for you in trying to progress Day 0/1 though.
Lynch all liars.
Tell me about Kylemii.
I had a ping at first which I am prone to do when people are being enthusiastic in the way that Kylemii seemed to be (see Sloonei's description) but further posts seem relatively genuine. I don't accept Jimmy's argument for clearing as that's just as likely if not more so just common phrasing that Kylemii uses.

He's been around as much as the next person so far but hasn't touched on the only suspect (me) yet, and has talked primarily about the poll. I wanted to know if anyone else thought it was worth mentioning.
So given you had some concerns about Kyle and now I have my own, where do you stand on him now?
From me and you alone, he's orange. What I pointed out is reflective of someone not wanting to dirty their hands too early in the game. It's similar to your point that he's playing passively. Things like fluff aren't atypical of him though. I haven't got anything to say about specific posts you pulled out from him.

On the former, I know [mention]Made[/mention] listed my elaboration of this point of his main reason for reading me as town and I'd like an elaboration as to why and what that means for his read on Kyle.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 147

Post by Glorfindel »

Glorfindel wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:47 am @Quin and @Kylemii: I’m still struggling to find where both of you sit in my ‘world of Elven reads’ this game (this is by no means an accusation so there is no need to be defensive). I’m wondering though if you guys would care to (briefly) help me by explaining why I (and everyone else for that matter) should be reading you as Towny?
@Quin: Thanks for your reply, Buddy. I was expecting something a wee bit more inspiring but I’ll take it :shrug:

@Kylemii: If you’d care to indulge me with an answer, I’d appreciate it. I’d like to invite you into my Town pile and am hoping you can dispel my lingering doubts.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:29 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:13 am

I am completely right. :/

pressuring doesn't mean "I'm going to decide this player I spent 20 minutes thinking about is definitely mafia so I'm going to call them mafia and then ignore all their questions and also not really even ask them any questions"

how do you hope to feel me out in this way? reading and analyzing other players motivations requires an open dialogue, not a battle-axe.
Not really. People respond to either method. And if you would read my other posts you will see I don't even have a strong scum read on you.

You're making posts and I am reading them. I'm making posts and you are reading them. There's nothing wrong with what I am doing from a scum hunting perspective. I don't personally put much stock in what people say in response to questions in this game. People are meant to lie. I prefer my way but thanks for the advice.

And I didn't ignore your question. I replied and chose not to directly answer it because I already had and don't want to encourage that particular tactic.

So you can drop the thinking that I have decided you are mafia. I am very capable of shifting my opinion and often do so in ways that are unexpected.

I read a post of yours. It pinged me. I read your iso. It was laden with things I consider day 1 scumtells. So I am treating you with a healthy level of suspicion. I find that relatively fair tbh. But I have a history of feeling that way when others disagree so if I am insulting you I do apologise.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Quin wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:32 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:19 am

Lynch all liars.
Tell me about Kylemii.

From me and you alone, he's orange. What I pointed out is reflective of someone not wanting to dirty their hands too early in the game. It's similar to your point that he's playing passively. Things like fluff aren't atypical of him though. I haven't got anything to say about specific posts you pulled out from him.

On the former, I know @Made listed my elaboration of this point of his main reason for reading me as town and I'd like an elaboration as to why and what that means for his read on Kyle.
Mmm I like this post.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kyle why haven't you voted for anyone yet? You know you can change your vote yeah?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kyle the draconus quote in my post is a good indicator of my scum hunting haha. Quite the giveaway. He was bad btw.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Though iirc it was a two scum team game and I was bad too hahaha.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

I want to be clear, I don't necessarily think you're even bad, Mac. I believe Jay and Quin's testimony that this is just how you are usually but I also dont think that going about suspicion like that is particularly pro-town.

but maybe I only view things the way i do because I have a generally careful and calm-minded playstyle. your playstyle seems wildly different from mine and if it works for you then who am I to tell you it's not effective?

I asked for your reads on those 4 players because my knee jerk reaction to seeing a player go about about pursuing a sudden and new suspicion in an overly strong way is to figure out asap who they might be deflecting attention away from someone, the four players I thought of who might be in need of deflection were the four I mentioned, Jake, Made, Sloonei, and LC.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:53 am I want to be clear, I don't necessarily think you're even bad, Mac. I believe Jay and Quin's testimony that this is just how you are usually but I also dont think that going about suspicion like that is particularly pro-town.

but maybe I only view things the way i do because I have a generally careful and calm-minded playstyle. your playstyle seems wildly different from mine and if it works for you then who am I to tell you it's not effective?

I asked for your reads on those 4 players because my knee jerk reaction to seeing a player go about about pursuing a sudden and new suspicion in an overly strong way is to figure out asap who they might be deflecting attention away from someone, the four players I thought of who might be in need of deflection were the four I mentioned, Jake, Made, Sloonei, and LC.
I am null on Jack, Made and LC and I think Sloonei is a civ. Though Made having me as his big scum read and not explaining it at all is annoying as fuck. When I asked he did exactly what you did and just asked me to explain something with no explanation as to why. Jack would be a civ read if not for other people's opinion having me questioning myself.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Actually I'm gonna drop made to orange. I don't see how putting out a scum read on someone and then not explaining why with even as much as a 'just a hunch' explanation is at all civvie and it's not responsible civ play even if he is one. Sort of nonsense that creates a game environment that allows scum players to hide in plain sight.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:44 am Kyle why haven't you voted for anyone yet? You know you can change your vote yeah?
Oh? I don’t think I knew that? I thought voting here was a one time deal?

Also, Hi, Mac :). It’s been quite a while...

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Glorfindel wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:06 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:44 am Kyle why haven't you voted for anyone yet? You know you can change your vote yeah?

Hey friendo!
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:08 am

Hey friendo!
It’s been ages since I’ve played here and I have to admit to being a little surprised how good it feels to be back... I trust you’ve been well and life has been kind to you since we last played?

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Glorfindel wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:18 am

Hey friendo!
It’s been ages since I’ve played here and I have to admit to being a little surprised how good it feels to be back... I trust you’ve been well and life has been kind to you since we last played?
Been a while for me too. Have a new daughter since we last played!
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Glorfindel wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:36 am
Glorfindel wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:47 am @Quin and @Kylemii: I’m still struggling to find where both of you sit in my ‘world of Elven reads’ this game (this is by no means an accusation so there is no need to be defensive). I’m wondering though if you guys would care to (briefly) help me by explaining why I (and everyone else for that matter) should be reading you as Towny?
@Quin: Thanks for your reply, Buddy. I was expecting something a wee bit more inspiring but I’ll take it :shrug:

@Kylemii: If you’d care to indulge me with an answer, I’d appreciate it. I’d like to invite you into my Town pile and am hoping you can dispel my lingering doubts.
sorry I got pulled off into talking with Mac, and also it's 5am and I should probably be asleep by now, at this point I should probably just stay up since I need to be awake in 2 hours anyways lol.

I guess I would say right now... my willingness to push angles that other people aren't i.e. with the Sloonei thing.

Honestly the strongest indication of my civvie-ness is that my mafia playstyle is prohibitively distinctive. My natural anxiety takes the wheel more than I'd like it to and my activity plummets. It's not a weakness I've learned to overcome yet but when I do, I'll probably be unstoppable. :guitar:

being town read on day 1 is not really even a priority for me though. I almost prefer not to be. lots of people town reading me early and the mafia responding with murder has been my leading cause of death lately. If I knew a way to float in people's yellows and lighter greens for the first couple days of mafia without sacrificing my ability to be an effective civ player I would 100% use it.

I guess that doesn't really help you with your specific conundrum. if you ask me the same question in 2 days I'll probably have a more specific answer.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:04 am

sorry I got pulled off into talking with Mac, and also it's 5am and I should probably be asleep by now, at this point I should probably just stay up since I need to be awake in 2 hours anyways lol.

I guess I would say right now... my willingness to push angles that other people aren't i.e. with the Sloonei thing.

Honestly the strongest indication of my civvie-ness is that my mafia playstyle is prohibitively distinctive. My natural anxiety takes the wheel more than I'd like it to and my activity plummets. It's not a weakness I've learned to overcome yet but when I do, I'll probably be unstoppable. :guitar:

being town read on day 1 is not really even a priority for me though. I almost prefer not to be. lots of people town reading me early and the mafia responding with murder has been my leading cause of death lately. If I knew a way to float in people's yellows and lighter greens for the first couple days of mafia without sacrificing my ability to be an effective civ player I would 100% use it.

I guess that doesn't really help you with your specific conundrum. if you ask me the same question in 2 days I'll probably have a more specific answer.
Ugh this post seems civvie too. Why can't the mafia team wear t-shirts.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:04 am

Thank you, Kyle. Let’s make that a date then, shall we? :D

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:45 am

Hey friendo!
Has it been THAT long? Congratulations, by the way. I thought from your posts here that you seemed to have mellowed a little - now I can see why... I hope that she and all of you are doing very well.

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

yeah i know, my first mafia forum didn't have change-able votes so I grew into a habit of spending as much time as possible deliberating on my decision and voting last minute with the most informed decision possible given all of the data available. I never really grew out of the habit.

sometimes i'll vote early if I'm really positive about something or i need to make a statement, but most of the time my votes happen within a few hours of the deadline.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Glorfindel wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:19 amThank you, Kyle. Let’s make that a date then, shall we? :D
lol sure. day 3?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Glorfindel wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:23 am

Hey friendo!
Has it been THAT long? Congratulations, by the way. I thought from your posts here that you seemed to have mellowed a little - now I can see why... I hope that she and all of you are doing very well.
Haha this is number 2. If I have mellowed it's probably just my general aging.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention]

You're not wrong about my directionlessness. Normally I feel like I have more strings to pull on.

The gif argument was always bullshit on my end (obviously so, I assumed) but Jimmy felt so strongly (not seeing I was joking?) I just had to keep going to see what came out of it. I do not think Jimmy has a tell "Try to mislynch Jack on Day 1." That is silly. Jimmy didn't argue against the ridiculousness of that, but rather claimed it couldn't be so because he didn't know I was Jack in that game (since I was Kilo). So I made a real arguement against that, which was that tells are subconscious, to which Jimmy just said it was bullshit. There was nowhere to go from here so...poke poke gif. That's not me saying everything I've said about Jay was to antagonize, only that bit.

I was always going to start with Phenon because I actually played in that game and remembered some of it. Knowing who Jimmy was is step one. Reading the link is step 2. I didn't realize he ISO linked instead of game linked is all.

Again, finding new stupid reasons for people to try to lynch me.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 113
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Hey, now I'm vote leader. Look dudes, I'm Civ. Take it like I'm Glorfindel this one time. Lynch me if you want a low poster. I'm reading along and hopefully some Mafia instincts will kick back in at some point.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:30 am Nah you know what screw it, I'm standing by my previous list and throwing a vote on LC. He's not doing his thang.
I agree. Why do you think this is alignment indicative?

I don't have a strong opinion on the matter yet. LC tends to do his thing regardless of alignment imo.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 113
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

That is true, I don't believe my playstyle usually contains a lot of tells.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 225
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:55 am
I would seriously like for people to discourage this type of posting for the reason outlined. Encouraging it is giving mafia teams a weapon.
No.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:16 am
Quin wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:15 am jaggedjimmyjay how is it you have a self imposed post restriction yet you're still 2nd place in terms of post count?
I'm a colossal failure.
Not as colossal as me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:14 am I just had a quick read of kyle's iso and I am dropping him to a suspect. I would support his lynch. He had utilised a lot of tactics I employ when mafia. Focus on mechanisms. Lots of fluffiness. Lots of civ reads and de-escalation and very little active accusations have come from him.

Who is bad Kyle?
I feel most of this is normal for town Kyle but I would still support a Kyle lynch today.

I don't see the shine. The cursing (multiple times) implies stress which implies bad alignment. Maybe that's a reach. Don't care. There's no shine.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Hey friendo!
:o this news interrupted my reading of the thread. Cool development, mac
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:40 am @Sloonei

You're not wrong about my directionlessness. Normally I feel like I have more strings to pull on.

The gif argument was always bullshit on my end (obviously so, I assumed) but Jimmy felt so strongly (not seeing I was joking?) I just had to keep going to see what came out of it. I do not think Jimmy has a tell "Try to mislynch Jack on Day 1." That is silly. Jimmy didn't argue against the ridiculousness of that, but rather claimed it couldn't be so because he didn't know I was Jack in that game (since I was Kilo). So I made a real arguement against that, which was that tells are subconscious, to which Jimmy just said it was bullshit. There was nowhere to go from here so...poke poke gif. That's not me saying everything I've said about Jay was to antagonize, only that bit.

I was always going to start with Phenon because I actually played in that game and remembered some of it. Knowing who Jimmy was is step one. Reading the link is step 2. I didn't realize he ISO linked instead of game linked is all.

Again, finding new stupid reasons for people to try to lynch me.
This is another uninspiring response. If you had to express your suspicion of Jay in a single sentence, how would you categorize it?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

"I'm done playing this subgame."
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Ask questions about mundane things. Get mundane answers. "Uninspiring."

Ask for gth reads. Get gth reads. "Not thought out."

You can summarize it for yourself. What a bullshit question.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:52 pm Ask questions about mundane things. Get mundane answers. "Uninspiring."

I'm trying to read you. I don't fully understand why you are voting for Jay.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 364

Post by dunya »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:42 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:45 am Been a while for me too. Have a new daughter since we last played!
:o this news interrupted my reading of the thread. Cool development, mac
and she is as adorable as Audrey. if you thought that wasn't possible (I didn't think it was possible), it is. Mac makes insanely cute babies.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 125
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Glorfindel
MacDougall
Sloonei
JaggedJimmyJay
Made
Kylemii
Quin
Jackofhearts2005
Elohcin
lapluie
novaselinenever
birdwithteeth11
Dom
Gumshoe
Simon
DrWilgy
Marmot
sig
Dave
speedchuck
TonyStarkPrime
Long Con
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:54 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:52 pm Ask questions about mundane things. Get mundane answers. "Uninspiring."

I'm trying to read you. I don't fully understand why you are voting for Jay.
Well you're already voting for me and nothing I've said has helped on that front. I'm trying to figure out who I want to vote for instead so I'm not interested in talking about Jimmy more right now.

I've decided not to vote for Made or Mac. May have already said that about Mac. Who else should I not vote for?

Threeofhearts on Jimmy: We don't like her. She's a maaaaad teddy bear.

Threeofhearts on Mac (who I guess she thinks looks like a Pokémon): What does he do? Can you touch him and make him move?

Threeofhearts on Kyle: Oooooh! He's so pretty.

Return to “Previous Jobs”