Fujin (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
60%

Total votes: 15
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 152

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Elohcin »

I'm 8 pages behind. I honestly won't catch up but...from what I have read and posted....I am going with a made vote. I'm not sure why people are going for Mac so if anyone wants to share, that would be cool.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

in fact i did see it as a red flag, until you and Jay reassured me that this was just part of his meta, is it a part of mac meta in all alignments?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 440

Post by speedchuck »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:42 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:33 pmReads like he's already made up his mind on the direction he'd like to see the thread move in and is just trying to push it there.
for any other players i'd see that as a red flag, but is it alignment indicative for MacDougall? he did the same thing with me, and it sounds like this might just be part of his meta
How many games have you played with Mac?

Why are you the one trying to defend him with his supposed meta? This bothers me.
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:47 pm in fact i did see it as a red flag, until you and Jay reassured me that this was just part of his meta, is it a part of mac meta in all alignments?
it was actually quin, not sloonei
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:47 pm in fact i did see it as a red flag, until you and Jay reassured me that this was just part of his meta, is it a part of mac meta in all alignments?
To go further, the guy who reassured you with that is voting for Mac. And you're using that argument with no personal basis, just based on what one of the guys voting for Mac said. Why are you keen to defend Mac using someone else's argument that you can't verify?

Am I the only one seeing this?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:48 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:42 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:33 pmReads like he's already made up his mind on the direction he'd like to see the thread move in and is just trying to push it there.
for any other players i'd see that as a red flag, but is it alignment indicative for MacDougall? he did the same thing with me, and it sounds like this might just be part of his meta
How many games have you played with Mac?

Why are you the one trying to defend him with his supposed meta? This bothers me.
I am not defending him, it's just a question. Mac gave me bad vibes last night with the way he came at me, the reason I felt okay about him was because I was told that his behavior was not out of the ordinary for him. I want to understand Mac's meta so I know how to treat him.
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 109
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:17 pm @Made @JaggedJimmyJay what do you think is the strongest point against Mac right now?
Pov: you reading my takes
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:50 pm
To go further, the guy who reassured you with that is voting for Mac. And you're using that argument with no personal basis, just based on what one of the guys voting for Mac said. Why are you keen to defend Mac using someone else's argument that you can't verify?

Am I the only one seeing this?
I have no reason to believe that quin or Jay would lie about Mac's meta, and actually the fact that they both verified it says to me that it's probably a true fact about him.

also, again I am not defending him. I am asking questions to better understand his meta so I can decide things on him for myself with greater context.
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 109
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

lc, change ur vote
Pov: you reading my takes
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 612
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Mac is highly aggressive and abrasive as a civilian and as a mafioso. I don't like to judge Mac by meta, because he is one of the better manipulators of that method I know (both as a hunter-by-meta and a deceiver-by-meta). His content is best assessed at face value.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Elohcin wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:45 pm I'm 8 pages behind. I honestly won't catch up but...from what I have read and posted....I am going with a made vote. I'm not sure why people are going for Mac so if anyone wants to share, that would be cool.
Please click and report back:

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:24 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:17 pm @Made @JaggedJimmyJay what do you think is the strongest point against Mac right now?
His treatment | of Made
Made wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:47 pm To whom it may concern,
The following are reads on Mac. Please use them for the advancement of the civilian cause.

1. this post, this post, this post and this post read like trying to start something without committing
2. this one bothers me because wilgy's talked about ratio to talked in game ratio is among the lowest in the game.
3. deflects to other players when providing reads without quoting, or highlights what he liked here.
4. this argument seems far less conclusive than arguments he's given on Nutella, Dave, and Wilgy, yet it's his

Healthy suspicion is healthy, but it seems as Mac's posts aren't focused on winning, but on hiding potential fault.
Mac, which players this game read civvie to you?
Jack is next, thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Made's secretary
Sloonei wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:30 pmI've been town reading Mac, but his back-and-forths with Kyle, Jay, and Quin on the last couple pages all stood out to me for the same reason: I disagreed with Mac in all of them. Disagreement is not grounds for suspicion, but when it happens three times concurrently I begin to wonder about the method a player is using to draw their conclusions, and one of the possibilities is always that they're being disingenuous. It's frankly been too long since I played a game with scum Mac for me to have a solid meta read on his behavior, but from my memory of ancient RYM Mac, he can lie with tremendous conviction, so I don't take his strength and brute force, as Kyle put it, to be a definitive town tell. Consider Mac knocked down a peg oon my rainbow list.
Sloonei wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:33 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:06 am Personally I would like to ultimately see quin lynched. I feel he is the most compelling lynch and given the volume he has posted if the only good reason anyone has to refute the bad stuff is that he would probably not post as much as a mafia player with bad internet well I disagree and that's an awful reason.

Jimmy. If you were a mafia player who had bad internet and were one of the few players looking lynchable would you post with less frequency than if you were town with bad internet? I feel entirely the opposite and having really thought about it I really question the nature of the analysis from you. Bad look.
This was the post that initiated the big exchange between Mac/Jay/quin, and I didn't love it. Quin was the thread's first substantial suspect, so I could see a hypothetical mafia member trying to seize the opportunity of pushing his mislynch before anything stable materializes. I don't think the reasons Mac gives for doubting him are all that intriguing. I also don't like the way he framed the entire case in the beginning: "Personally I would like to ultimately see quin lynched." Reads like he's already made up his mind on the direction he'd like to see the thread move in and is just trying to push it there.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:12 pm
Mac is highly aggressive and abrasive as a civilian and as a mafioso. I don't like to judge Mac by meta, because he is one of the better manipulators of that method I know (both as a hunter-by-meta and a deceiver-by-meta). His content is best assessed at face value.
thank you

could you elucidate for me on your current face value assessment of mac

linki: oh, one sec
lapluie
Moon Child
Posts in topic: 553

Post by lapluie »

Holy woah.. so much new pages..
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

lapluie wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:28 pm Holy woah.. so much new pages..
Yeah...

Approach the game however you want. There are some players that don't have all that many posts. In the first page of the topic (or under the player avatars), there are links to an isolated list of just that player's posts. You could isolate a low poster and provide an opinion on just that player.

You could look and gutread people in the moment, based on the current couple of pages.

This is all D1 stuff. I imagine it'll lose some of its relevance once we have some flips.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

Quin wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:10 pm I want to hear more from @lapluie. Most of her responses are in a back and forth with Sloonei, which is understandable given its her first game here and she's sticking to who she knows. I'd still like to see her mingle a bit. She brings a good perspective to games when she gets settled.

lapluie:

1. What do you think about Made?
2. Why is Marmot's vote for nova more likely to come from scum than town?
3. Tell me something new.
I'm sorry I honstly did not pay much attention to him, I've missed a large chunk of this whole Made accusations part & that's on me. thinking to reread the whole thread in order to follow up.

not sure, hes still not explained his vote (?) Correct me if I'm wrong, if it is just a random vote for a town newbie in order to get reactions then that's understandable, he's just been avoiding questioning regarding that matter though which is dodgy & again correct me if I'm wrong if he had already appealed to answering then I'll look into it.

May (not) vote tonight, will check in again once I've followed up this thread & have made a decision
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 105
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I’ll come back to my town read on Mac, but let’s start with JOH. From what I can tell my gut read is usually right but here I’m inclined to keep him alive because I know him better.
I read through some of his Maf games and he doesn’t seem to be following that pattern, but he also isn’t playing what I would consider to be typical JOH town behavior day 1. So a null meta read, which is unfortunate. I’ll post on substance in just a second.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Lapluie is a townread.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:25 pm
lapluie wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:28 pm Holy woah.. so much new pages..
Yeah...

Approach the game however you want. There are some players that don't have all that many posts. In the first page of the topic (or under the player avatars), there are links to an isolated list of just that player's posts. You could isolate a low poster and provide an opinion on just that player.

You could look and gutread people in the moment, based on the current couple of pages.

This is all D1 stuff. I imagine it'll lose some of its relevance once we have some flips.

Olay yeah seems fair. game would pick up more once the ball really rolls.
I think people are just shyed away from posting from not being involved in topic.
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:41 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:36 pm What's the case on Dave? I won't vote him on Day 1 to be nice but I still want to understand all the suspicion on someone who has made little impression on me this game.
"Case" is probably not the right word for a guy with two posts:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:18 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:15 am Dave's bad. Discuss.
I'd agree that he's more suspicious than the other minimal-posters. I agreed with your earlier reception of his first post, that it seemed a bit forced, and all we got tonight was a basic response to an @ tag.
I'm not lynching him today either. Same goes for novaselinenever and lapluie and any other first-timers.
haha sympathy for the newbies =p
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:32 pm I’ll come back to my town read on Mac, but let’s start with JOH. From what I can tell my gut read is usually right but here I’m inclined to keep him alive because I know him better.
I read through some of his Maf games and he doesn’t seem to be following that pattern, but he also isn’t playing what I would consider to be typical JOH town behavior day 1. So a null meta read, which is unfortunate. I’ll post on substance in just a second.
Please describe the civilian and mafia meta expectations you have for Jack.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Day 0]

Post by Kylemii »

I decided to iso Mac after reading Jay's thing, since most of my personal impression of Mac came directly from his interactions with me.

Some things stuck out to me. In general there is a strong feeling of mudfling in many of his posts, a lot of which he doesn't follow up on. he seems like he's generally on a hunt to find posts that look bad rather than players who seem bad at least for about the first 1/3 of his posts.

he was really cage-y about answering my 'getting-to-know-you' questions, but when he did he answered it with an enormous list detailing his experiences with every single player in the game. it stuck out to me at the time because like..... well.... low-key any time I ask those sort of getting to know you things there's a part of me that makes note of players who are exceptionally eager or exceptionally non-eager to respond to it. mafia will sometimes subconsciously jump through hoops to vibe as acquiescent/cooperative and "who are you?" questions are an easy way to do that for a mafiosa without actually doing or saying anything. Mac's response to my question was simultaneously both of the things that I look out for as well as neither of them.

In his interactions with me, I still think there's a possibility that his refusal to respond to my questions during that time was performative. The idea that you shouldn't respond to a player you suspect's questions about who you suspect is so backwards to me, and the fact that he accused me of pulling a no u on him when he was acting the way he was.... Idk. Mac and I go about the game so differently. He seems to scum hunt by assuming guilty first and then going on the aggressive about it, while I treat everyone with a cautious neutral glove until I have a significant reason to believe they're one thing or another.

If there's something I see as being a point towards him being civ, it's his list of things he thought I was doing that are things that are, according to him, mafia tells for his playstyle...
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:14 ama lot of tactics I employ when mafia. Focus on mechanisms. Lots of fluffiness. Lots of civ reads and de-escalation and very little active accusations have come from him.
assuming this is a true description of Mac's scum meta, this basically reads as a list of things that are the exact opposite of what this Mac is doing and saying. this Mac is to the point, has only 2 civ reads, and has done nothing but escalate things, and he has been running around smacking everyone with his battle axe.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 38

Post by sig »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:30 pm Y'all please tell me about sig.
Prince among men, number 1 person in Kentucky, (psh lets not be humble) the Eastern seaboard. ANNNNNNNND future President of the United States my slogan will either be "Soar with Sig" Or "Not the president this country needs, but the one this country deserves!"
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:42 pm If there's something I see as being a point towards him being civ, it's his list of things he thought I was doing that are things that are, according to him, mafia tells for his playstyle...
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:14 ama lot of tactics I employ when mafia. Focus on mechanisms. Lots of fluffiness. Lots of civ reads and de-escalation and very little active accusations have come from him.
assuming this is a true description of Mac's scum meta, this basically reads as a list of things that are the exact opposite of what this Mac is doing and saying. this Mac is to the point, has only 2 civ reads, and has done nothing but escalate things, and he has been running around smacking everyone with his battle axe.
Mac's game is more diverse than that. I can believe that he has employed some of those tactics before as a mafia player, but those don't exclusively describe his mafia play. He wasn't like that in the 2015 Game of Champions or Talking Heads.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Glorfindel wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:27 pm
sig wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:41 pm
sig wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:37 pm I'm here! I'm here! I'm alive.

So I notice there's alot of day 0 talking is it serious or just fluff?

Also wow way to many posts. :sigh:
Well hello there, looks like I've kinda caught up. So I'm going to post a few thoughts when they're still fresh from my catch up then I've gotta go for a run and will be back to ISO and reread some things later. What I'm seeing right now is we have a major three way smack down going on between Jay, Sloonie and Jack which I still don't really get. Mac is prodding, but as someone pointed out he's acting much more mellow which is odd, quin/kyle have both been under some suspicion which I'm not sure is justified based on there game play/what people are accusing them of and we have a fair amount of new players.
I'm reading Glorf as solid town and a few other players as lean towns who I've already listed. The main issue I'm having right now is that I don't see anyone being scummy.
Kyle had some odd early game posts, but I think has come back from it.
Made and nutella both look okay to me, but I'm curious why she placed me so far down on her list.
I'd like to see some more posts by Wilgy, Eloh, MM, and the newer players I feel like a few posters have the vast majority of posts/content which could let scum wallflower and not be noticed. I also find it odd that Wilgy isn't being as active/odd as he usually is. This could point to him being scum and trying to live longer, but seeing how often he's mislynched I don't think I'd vote for him.
LC is looking good I'd rather not lynch him.
Speed pinged me a bit, but I can't remember why so I'll need to go back and check.
I’m surprised by this. This is your second consecutive post where you’ve used sound sentence construction, proper use of punctuation and near-perfect spelling. Just who are you and what have you done with our Sig? :ponder:
:ninja:

I was paying some attention when I was posting, I'll go back to my normal shitty posting style now. :P

(before someone says "Sig is paying attention since he's mafia and checking for errors!" No i'm not checking for errors since I'm mafia I'm just pretending not to be illiterate for once.) :P

linki: On a serious note, Mac is very good at switching his mafia styles around and with his absence I feel like he could've come up with new strategies.
ImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 147

Post by Glorfindel »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:30 pm Hey Glorf! If you were to provide a rainbow-type list of reads right now, what might it look like?
It would be very limited, my friend. You and Jay would top it. There’d be a handful of people who would appear in the next tier down like our friend MacDougall then a whole bunch of people about whom I have reservations like Quin and Kyle. Then there’s Chuckles and Jack (whilst reading him Town earlier) seems to be in free-fall, Made who confuses the hell out of me. Then there’s a bunch of people like Wilgy, Sig & Co that I haven’t seen enough of to make any kind of judgement yet.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:50 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:42 pm If there's something I see as being a point towards him being civ, it's his list of things he thought I was doing that are things that are, according to him, mafia tells for his playstyle...
Mac's game is more diverse than that. I can believe that he has employed some of those tactics before as a mafia player, but those don't exclusively describe his mafia play. He wasn't like that in the 2015 Game of Champions or Talking Heads.
thank you, i was going to ask. I appreciate you being my trip-sitter into the deep streets of MacDougall's mind city
Simon
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Simon »

I voted bwt. I'm pretty sure he is bad. :fishslap:
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 105

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:42 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:32 pm I’ll come back to my town read on Mac, but let’s start with JOH. From what I can tell my gut read is usually right but here I’m inclined to keep him alive because I know him better.
Please describe the civilian and mafia meta expectations you have for Jack.
This isn’t going to be exact because it’s hard to describe meta and also Jack plays very similarly in all of his games.

Civillian Jack hunts sporadically, especially early. He’s almost always right in half his games, but in the other half it’s as if he’s picking random. He’s very skilled but it often seems like he hedges his playstyle so he has a better meta for his scum games.
Maf Jack is more focused and more right, and can dominate later days. He also has a distinct mafia feel the first two/ three days where he either gets lynched or survives and wins out.

This game he’s been a little sporadic, but he’s sticking to his early leads and hasn’t been hunting much in the way I’d expect.
This game: A lot more of his stuff seems fluff than I’d expect from town or Maf Jack, but it’s hard to get a good read on what kind of stuff is having an impact when you’re skimming it 12 hours later. Generally good questions, interesting ideas. Probably a slight town lean.
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

Simon wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:58 pm I voted bwt. I'm pretty sure he is bad. :fishslap:
hello, welcome
what makes you think Birdwithteeth11 is bad?
they have not posted yet
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Simon wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:58 pm I voted bwt. I'm pretty sure he is bad. :fishslap:
Tell me about it Simon! Why do you think he is bad?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:19 pm
sig wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:15 pm Speed saying he'd vote for dunya was strange.
Why is that strange? What does strange mean?
She isn't playing the game, I don't usually jump on funny/joke posts since I do them so often, but the way he said it was strange. Also I'd say strange is like somewhere between suspicious and null, like I should look into it more since it pinged me, but I probably won't.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:07 pm I suspect sig. He gave a bunch of town reads including a dubious pass for Long Con, and the only suspicion he didn't in some way retract was "speedchuck saying he'd vote dunya is strange" -- the weakest of sauce. He was vaguely critical of Kyle and Sloonei, but didn't stick to either.
I don't have many reads to give honestly nobody looks that bad to me yet I've had some minor pings, but nothing more. I feel like I'd get good information out of the few big post arguments, but that's alot of work.
nutella wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:42 pm wait who said Mac is "much more mellow" and what was their basis for that? much more mellow than what? I don't know what that means and it feels weird putting "Mac" and "mellow" in the same sentence. mmm smores...
Someone said he was mellow, or maybe he said it? In reference to being old/having another kid. :shrug:
nutella wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:49 pm also @sig what in particular makes you feel good about LC? Some of his talk of meta/wanting to lay low D1 could be taken as genuine but I'm not sold on it.
He's missing the opportunistic nature that scum LC usually has, where he's active, tries to lead lynches, and is a mega poster. He could be trying another strategy as scum true, but I doubt that.

I did like Kyle's last post on Mac, so I'll take another look at the case on him and see what I see.
I believe Eloh is genuinely frustrated and doesn't like the votes flying around/post count for a few reasons. The main one being changeable votes is still very new to TS and she's a vet of the site when you could only vote once a phase. For the level of posting it can be frustrating/intimidating to have so much to read so early on. So I don't think what she said was off or scummy.
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Quin wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:15 am jaggedjimmyjay how is it you have a self imposed post restriction yet you're still 2nd place in terms of post count?
Is there a way to see this without isoing everybody and reading their post counts?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:18 pm
Quin wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:15 am jaggedjimmyjay how is it you have a self imposed post restriction yet you're still 2nd place in terms of post count?
Is there a way to see this without isoing everybody and reading their post counts?
on the page where you click on the game title to get into the game there's a thing that right now says "posts: 1032" if you click the number then you can see everyone's post totals
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:34 pm Macdougall is my top suspect at the present moment. Discuss.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:58 am
Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:53 am I want to be clear, I don't necessarily think you're even bad, Mac. I believe Jay and Quin's testimony that this is just how you are usually but I also dont think that going about suspicion like that is particularly pro-town.

but maybe I only view things the way i do because I have a generally careful and calm-minded playstyle. your playstyle seems wildly different from mine and if it works for you then who am I to tell you it's not effective?

I asked for your reads on those 4 players because my knee jerk reaction to seeing a player go about about pursuing a sudden and new suspicion in an overly strong way is to figure out asap who they might be deflecting attention away from someone, the four players I thought of who might be in need of deflection were the four I mentioned, Jake, Made, Sloonei, and LC.
I am null on Jack, Made and LC and I think Sloonei is a civ. Though Made having me as his big scum read and not explaining it at all is annoying as fuck. When I asked he did exactly what you did and just asked me to explain something with no explanation as to why. Jack would be a civ read if not for other people's opinion having me questioning myself.
People always think I'm bad when I'm not. It's one of my things. Listen to your heart.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 147

Post by Glorfindel »

EoD takes place in under an hour. I still have substantial content to review in this thread and as such, feel uncomfortable in casting a vote at this stage. I actively dislike the current wagons (i.e. Mac, even Kyle - I want to give him more time, and especially Sloonei). My involvement between now and EOD will be patchy at best. I’ll try to keep up to speed as best I can but that is going to be VERY limited (I am at work and getting smashed as I type this). I trust you all appreciate my predicament. Thank you.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 225

Post by Sloonei »

I probably won't be around for the deadline. Sorry. I'm far from certain about Mac, but I have reasons to object to most of the other bandwagons I see and Mac is the closest thing I have to a stable suspect at this point, so I'm leaving my vote on him. I urge you all to keep on working on this thing until the very last second.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 113
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Made wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:55 pm
I agree. Ok, I'll change my vote. Sorry Mac.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think both Sloonei and Kyle would be terrible lynches. I can understand the case against Made. I am more moved by the case against Mac.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:08 pm I don’t think it’s really inaccurate. You did present yourself as trying to talk to Made but there wasn’t anything until after I posted that read. That said, I’m inclined to move my vote off you but not until I catch up.
Where are you at on this? The deadline is in 40 minutes.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 388

Post by Quin »

Threw a vote on Kyle. Not sure I'll be here to discuss before EoD because I'm dealing with like three groups of people coming in to do house mods for dad. I direct you to look at the exchange I had with Kyle at the very beginning of the game. I've got an evaluation of it somewhere in my posts.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Out of the players who have more than one vote rn, I see myself most likely voting for MacDougall. I've seen more reasons to read Sloonei and Made as civ than I have for him, and I agree with Jay's thoughts on why some of his behavior feels bad.

I think Sloonei responded to the Made stuff against him and my questions adequately, and the fact that Made backed off of him makes me think I was wrong about what the implications of his hunt were. My suspicion of him was largely based on my theory that Made knew something extra somehow, without that Sloonei looks pretty okay.

Made has done some weird shit tbh but I think overall he seems genuine and i have trouble thinking of mafia motives for the way he went about things there.

I also.... really don't want to die.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

vote mac
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 225

Post by Sloonei »

Made and Kyle are two of my stronger town reads. Drwilgy is also firmly on the town side of my rainbow. I'm not scum and I don't think either of the people voting for me right now have substantial reasons for doing so. novaseline is a first time syndicat and a town read in his own right, so I won't vote for him under any circumstances today. Of the people receiving votes, that leaves birdwithteeth, Long Con, and Mac. bwt has said zero things. In the absence of true suspects, I don't object to lynching a no-show. I'd prefer to lynch somebody with a substantial case on them, and I think bwt is more likely to make an appearance in this game than some of the other no-shows. The only thing I have to say in LC's favor is that I feel like he'd be more of a presence in the thread if he was scum. That's my only real comment on him, so I don't have anything that I could label a solid read.
Mac is someone I am actively suspicious of. So he's getting my vote right now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Simon
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Simon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:07 pm
I think he might be a hiding baddie.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Someone should explain the case against Kyle to me quickly. Beyond "he talked about mechanics a lot" I really don't know what the gripes are.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Quin wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:22 pm Threw a vote on Kyle. Not sure I'll be here to discuss before EoD because I'm dealing with like three groups of people coming in to do house mods for dad. I direct you to look at the exchange I had with Kyle at the very beginning of the game. I've got an evaluation of it somewhere in my posts.
are you talking about the exchange where you asked why I didn't suspect you? I thought it was a joke? how was I supposed to take it.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Simon wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:33 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:07 pm
I think he might be a hiding baddie.
Okay. :ponder:

What if I told you that BWT hasn't visited the site at all in the last two months?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

30 minutes left, time to catch up.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Quin wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:09 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:03 am
Quin wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:56 am GTH town.

It's not that I wouldn't. I probably could have put you somewhere on the scale based on what I'd read, but I couldn't be bothered with the subsequent "why's" I should expect from you this early. Lazy and unforgivable, right? :faint:

You pointed out my correction earlier saying it wasn't actually an impression on you. That's false, it's just not an impression directly reflective of your alignment. You also said it was likely I was trying to cause trouble for Kyle by throwing my reverse-read on him into the wind - that's what happens when the person you're trying to bounce ideas off of drops the conversation on you. I'd have talked about it with anyone if they'd said something about it. Do you have anything to say about it?
You're probably town. Did you make any observations or draw conclusions apart from what you mentioned re: Kyle about how people handled me screaming at you?

I would say that Kyle has spent more time discussing mechanics and the night poll than the average player. I think he has sounded quite genuine in that effort though and don't really view him as a premier suspect. I saw one instance of scum Kyle in the sc2 game he played with dunya, and so far I think he looks more like the town version we've seen on The Syndicate to me.
I'm talking more specifically about his first 10 posts (that's what he had when I made the initial post). He'd been littering posts here and there while I was getting drop kicked by you and MacDougall, but never really gave his two cents. I had the impression he was avoiding having an opinion.

This is also how he responded to me bringing him up:
Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:18 am Quin do you consider yourself to be a primary suspect? :p
Never actually addresses what I say about him but in turn changes the topic entirely.
Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:53 am
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:48 am
Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:18 am Quin do you consider yourself to be a primary suspect? :p
Not really. These are the initial "throw shit at the wall and see what sticks" cases. A suspect nonetheless though.
I don't see anything you've said or done as being worthy of a civ or mad read, to me it's more of a "Quin seems lackadaisical and carefree" read, that might factor into a read later given different behavioral context.

Quin do you have any suspects?
wait, is this seriously what it was about? page one was all prodding. I didn't have any reason to take any of it as serious reads or datapoints. why would you expect me to take a discussion where you claimed to be a mafia member with 17 teammates seriously.

Return to “Previous Jobs”