Post by MacDougall »

:|
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Night 1]

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:38 pm hold up. don't respond to me yet.
Don't tell me what to dooooooo! :fist:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 440

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:18 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:20 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:15 pm Bleeeeeeeh. @Mac lynch.
I'm definitely not sure how I feel about this post.

Some odd mixture of TMI, guessing your motive, wondering why you thought Kyle would be better, and being annoyed that you didn't make a stronger case on Kyle if you really wanted that lynch.
I think Mac was good and Kyle is bad. Also, lack of flip sucks. There's nothing else to it.

Ultimately, why did you vote for Mac?
The only good feels I have from Mac came from his hard-nosed style. Then I was told that he was like that as both alignments, so I went back to bleh on him.

Worse than Kylemii. Kyle's tone reads as town, though I'm still not seeing the civvie spark from him that I usually do. He 'shines' more in late game anyway, so I'm willing to give him more time.

I moved my vote from Wilgy to Mac so that I could commit, make a statement. I wanted my vote on the record, to weigh in on the choice even though my vote wasn't needed. Seems like a good thing to do, make my vote worth something on the record.
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:48 pm

Some odd mixture of TMI, guessing your motive, wondering why you thought Kyle would be better, and being annoyed that you didn't make a stronger case on Kyle if you really wanted that lynch.
I think Mac was good and Kyle is bad. Also, lack of flip sucks. There's nothing else to it.

The only good feels I have from Mac came from his hard-nosed style. Then I was told that he was like that as both alignments, so I went back to bleh on him.

Worse than Kylemii. Kyle's tone reads as town, though I'm still not seeing the civvie spark from him that I usually do. He 'shines' more in late game anyway, so I'm willing to give him more time.

I moved my vote from Wilgy to Mac so that I could commit, make a statement. I wanted my vote on the record, to weigh in on the choice even though my vote wasn't needed. Seems like a good thing to do, make my vote worth something on the record.
Are you saying you prefer Wilgy to Mac as scum?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:17 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:48 pm

Are you saying you prefer Wilgy to Mac as scum?
:ponder: Yeah
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 38

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Day 1]

Post by sig »

I find Wilgy's lack of shenanigans pingy, yes he's been busy, but in ISOing him he isn't nearly as zany as he usually is.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:14 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:30 pm Y'all please tell me about sig.
Townie Sig usually frustrates me to the point I think he's bad. He hadn't done so yet but in selfishly refusing to believe this is a scum tell.

Glad he's participating.
Thank you? I think. :ponder:

No flip from Mac is troublesome, hopefully it'll be revealed later if not we don't glean much information from his lynch.

I think it could be beneficial to look over the EOD and post lynch, if Mac was good and a baddie voted for him they'd have probably started to hedge their bets near end phase or appear sad/remorseful that Mac was lynched. I think the reaction of players will be our best bet to get information since if he was town then mafia would know and would attempt damage control, perhaps without realizing he didn't flip or assuming it would appear later.
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

sig wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:29 pm I find Wilgy's lack of shenanigans pingy, yes he's been busy, but in ISOing him he isn't nearly as zany as he usually is.
+1 for agreeing with me
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:38 pm hold up. don't respond to me yet.
okay nevermind

Jack, if you're going to keep coming after me with nothing better than tone I think it's going to end up being a frustrating game for both of us.

Idk why you're focusing so hard on this swearing thing but you're wrong about me. I think maybe you should take a step back from me for a while and revisit your suspicion on me a little bit later?

I don't think early game shiny Kyle is even a thing really. I usually feel pretty useless until we get the first mafia lynch, all the mafia skills that I'm confident about rely on examining relationships between players and determining players motivations and things, up until then my skills include like... "deciding which more experienced players cases I should trust" and "getting really anxious"
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 225
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:32 pm
sig wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:29 pm I find Wilgy's lack of shenanigans pingy, yes he's been busy, but in ISOing him he isn't nearly as zany as he usually is.
+1 for agreeing with me
I say he's too zany to be mafia. Others say he's not zany enough to be town. wilgy can't win.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 125
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Ech, a no-flip on day 1, bad for analysis. If we're assuming the outworld itself from the d0 poll is what caused it (not the outworld team), I do think Mac was more likely town and I didn't understand what others were seeing to vote for him.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:30 am Ech, a no-flip on day 1, bad for analysis. If we're assuming the outworld itself from the d0 poll is what caused it (not the outworld team), I do think Mac was more likely town and I didn't understand what others were seeing to vote for him.
Why do the mechanics of the no flip indicate a civilian Macdougall?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

The mechanics don't indicate anything. I just thought he was town.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 152

Post by Elohcin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:31 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:42 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:33 pmReads like he's already made up his mind on the direction he'd like to see the thread move in and is just trying to push it there.
for any other players i'd see that as a red flag, but is it alignment indicative for MacDougall? he did the same thing with me, and it sounds like this might just be part of his meta
Yuck for some who ultimately voted Mac.
I understand that Mac could be civ and probably is. But, this post from Jack pings the hell out of me. It sounds like he is laying the groundwork for him to be able to pull "suspicions" out of his hat later in the game.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Elohcin wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:19 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:31 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:42 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:33 pmReads like he's already made up his mind on the direction he'd like to see the thread move in and is just trying to push it there.
for any other players i'd see that as a red flag, but is it alignment indicative for MacDougall? he did the same thing with me, and it sounds like this might just be part of his meta
Yuck for some who ultimately voted Mac.
I understand that Mac could be civ and probably is. But, this post from Jack pings the hell out of me. It sounds like he is laying the groundwork for him to be able to pull "suspicions" out of his hat later in the game.
Can you explain this further? I'm not sure what you're trying to say. How does this post "lay the groundwork" for stating made up suspicions?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I am starting to wonder about Kyle's continued defense against the point about his swearing. It's obviously a bogus attack, but there's no reason for him to need to keep responding to it. Strikes me as potentially being a player who feels like they've been exposed for the wrong reason.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Day 0]

Post by Sloonei »

Now that we're beyond Day 1, I can say that Dave's introductory post didn't look great.
Dave wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:02 pm although i m new to format and lack knowledge of mortal kombat i voted for outworld too as it makes sense as explained by jay, given current scum reads i dont have one i see dat people sus quin but i have to read more from him to give a verdict
The first bit reads as an apology for something that hasn't happened yet, and then he defers to Jay's argument for his vote in the poll, which just feels like a ducking of responsibility for some reason to me. Acknowledges that there is suspicion against quin but doesn't offer any thoughts of his own. I'm not sure what the purpose of that is.
At this point Dave is probably buried in the thread in his first game here. That's not an enviable position. I hope he's able to return and make a name for himself so that his two small Day 0/1 posts aren't all we have from him. This one puts him on my radar.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:08 pm Now that we're beyond Day 1, I can say that Dave's introductory post didn't look great.
Dave wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:02 pm although i m new to format and lack knowledge of mortal kombat i voted for outworld too as it makes sense as explained by jay, given current scum reads i dont have one i see dat people sus quin but i have to read more from him to give a verdict
The first bit reads as an apology for something that hasn't happened yet, and then he defers to Jay's argument for his vote in the poll, which just feels like a ducking of responsibility for some reason to me. Acknowledges that there is suspicion against quin but doesn't offer any thoughts of his own. I'm not sure what the purpose of that is.
At this point Dave is probably buried in the thread in his first game here. That's not an enviable position. I hope he's able to return and make a name for himself so that his two small Day 0/1 posts aren't all we have from him. This one puts him on my radar.
Are you implying that the scumteam knew what would happen? Because that's a huge can of worms to open if we want to look at the D0 votes.
And also might be considered TMI from you.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:50 pm I am starting to wonder about Kyle's continued defense against the point about his swearing. It's obviously a bogus attack, but there's no reason for him to need to keep responding to it. Strikes me as potentially being a player who feels like they've been exposed for the wrong reason.
I keep defending against it because Jack keeps coming back to it as if saying "fuck" sometimes is a serious breach of my civvie meta. It's a ridiculous reason and I could have died yesterday because of it. I guess I just hate being misrepresented.

It was the same way when Epignosis came at me for 8 pages about using the word "information" in a way he wasn't used to and we had a weird fight debate about it and then we made up and became friends somehow.

Real game stuff like motivation for catching mafia or vote placement and things like that, I don't mind at all. I used to get mis-lynched for tonal stuff and semantics all the time, so I'm kind of sensitive to those kinds of accusations.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:54 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:08 pm Now that we're beyond Day 1, I can say that Dave's introductory post didn't look great.
Are you implying that the scumteam knew what would happen? Because that's a huge can of worms to open if we want to look at the D0 votes.
Not at all what I'm implying. I'm just refering to his "I'm new to the format and lack knowledge of Mortal Kombat" statement. It feels like he's setting himself up to not be on top of the action in this game. A scum player capitalizing on his newness.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:57 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:50 pm I am starting to wonder about Kyle's continued defense against the point about his swearing. It's obviously a bogus attack, but there's no reason for him to need to keep responding to it. Strikes me as potentially being a player who feels like they've been exposed for the wrong reason.
I keep defending against it because Jack keeps coming back to it as if saying "fuck" sometimes is a serious breach of my civvie meta. It's a ridiculous reason and I could have died yesterday because of it. I guess I just hate being misrepresented.

It was the same way when Epignosis came at me for 8 pages about using the word "information" in a way he wasn't used to and we had a weird fight debate about it and then we made up and became friends somehow.

Real game stuff like motivation for catching mafia or vote placement and things like that, I don't mind at all. I used to get mis-lynched for tonal stuff and semantics all the time, so I'm kind of sensitive to those kinds of accusations.
The reminder about the "information" debate eases my nerves a little. But I'm generally wary of players who are too much in defense mode. It suggests guilt on their part, I think.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:02 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:54 pm
Not at all what I'm implying. I'm just refering to his "I'm new to the format and lack knowledge of Mortal Kombat" statement. It feels like he's setting himself up to not be on top of the action in this game. A scum player capitalizing on his newness.
Ah, okay. I thought you were talking about the vote for outworld as well.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 109
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

save the day 0 poll, I think it's fair to assume that baddies hid the kill result as there's no benefit for a civvie to do so
Pov: you reading my takes
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Made wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:23 pm save the day 0 poll, I think it's fair to assume that baddies hid the kill result as there's no benefit for a civvie to do so
Red herring.

We're going to hit each location eventually. You think the scum thought a no flip lynch on Day 1 was way better than a no flip Day 3 that they railroaded the Day 0 poll? Please.

And even if the mafia would do this, they'd have to know what the realms do. As a townie, I didn't know what Earthrealm does. Why would the scum know what Outworld does?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Yeah, I highly doubt the scum team had any advanced knowledge of what the Day 0 poll was about.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 612
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think the original rationale holds anyway -- if the Outworld vote benefits the mafia team, I'd rather it happen on Day 1 than at any point later than Day 1. A non-flip on a Day 5 lynch would be immensely more frustrating.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I've some concerns about novaselinenever (henceforth: nvn).

He was happy to take advantange | when presented with opportunities | to make easy, low pressure posts. Sloonei's prods gave him an avenue to spend a large portion of his limited post history discussing things that don't pertain to solving this game. Answering those prods is fine so long as it doesn't represent the whole of one's contribution, but there's not much else to be said about nvn's content. He gave this awkward two-sided take on Dave and lightly poked at Sloonei for his Made read. The most recent post he provided was a token question about Marmot voting for him.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:04 pm
Made wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:23 pm save the day 0 poll, I think it's fair to assume that baddies hid the kill result as there's no benefit for a civvie to do so
Red herring.

We're going to hit each location eventually. You think the scum thought a no flip lynch on Day 1 was way better than a no flip Day 3 that they railroaded the Day 0 poll? Please.

And even if the mafia would do this, they'd have to know what the realms do. As a townie, I didn't know what Earthrealm does. Why would the scum know what Outworld does?
nah, i agree that the realms thing seems like a stretch. that said, I think that a baddie power is the thing that hid today's lynch result. will have sec check roles for anything that maybe relevant.
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 96

Post by novaselinenever »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:44 pm I've some concerns about novaselinenever (henceforth: nvn).

He was happy to take advantange | when presented with opportunities | to make easy, low pressure posts. Sloonei's prods gave him an avenue to spend a large portion of his limited post history discussing things that don't pertain to solving this game. Answering those prods is fine so long as it doesn't represent the whole of one's contribution, but there's not much else to be said about nvn's content. He gave this awkward two-sided take on Dave and lightly poked at Sloonei for his Made read. The most recent post he provided was a token question about Marmot voting for him.
I only post when I have something to say. I responded to all questions that Sloonei or others had, otherwise I'm following the thread and taking a back seat. I'll be sure to contribute when I'm onto something. Everyone is pretty neutral to me as I've already said and that's why I abstained from voting.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

yeah, so mafia and Ermac are the only ones who know for sure the alignment results of yesterday's lynch.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 147

Post by Glorfindel »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:55 am Glorfindel

Sloonei
Kylemii

speedchuck
Made
lapluie
Quin
nutella
Simon
TonyStarkPrime
Elohcin
MacDougall

birdwithteeth11
Dom
Gumshoe

Dave
DrWilgy
Marmot
novaselinenever
Jackofhearts2005
Long Con

If you've questions, give 'em to me.
Hi,Jay :). If I may please ask your indulgence - this is your reads list from yesterday. Looking at it again now, do you foresee any significant movements in player ratings? Thanks.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Made wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:06 pm yeah, so mafia and Ermac are the only ones who know for sure the alignment results of yesterday's lynch.
there are a few outworlder mortal kombattallions on the civilian side, i don't think things are quite as bad as they might seem.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

novaselinenever wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:02 pm I only post when I have something to say. I responded to all questions that Sloonei or others had, otherwise I'm following the thread and taking a back seat. I'll be sure to contribute when I'm onto something. Everyone is pretty neutral to me as I've already said and that's why I abstained from voting.
Would you be able to give me a quick link to any prior game in which you were a civilian/town/villager?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

[mention]novaselinenever[/mention] just so you know for future phases, in most games on this site we don't really accept deliberate abstinence from voting as a legit option, and repeated missed votes can lead to punishment or replacement due to non-participation. I know on some other sites (and in some games here) there is a valid "no-lynch" option but usually we expect active players to cast a vote for a player even if it's for a really weak reason. Actually, the rules of this game don't seem to call this out specifically, so maybe the hosts can clarify on their attitude toward abstaining.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Glorfindel wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:14 pm Hi,Jay :). If I may please ask your indulgence - this is your reads list from yesterday. Looking at it again now, do you foresee any significant movements in player ratings? Thanks.
I don't think I could project movement; reads will develop however they may as the game progresses. Looking at the rainbow I do find myself forgetting why TSP is green, so I'll refresh myself on that.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

novaselinenever
Hitman

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:29 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:02 pm I only post when I have something to say. I responded to all questions that Sloonei or others had, otherwise I'm following the thread and taking a back seat. I'll be sure to contribute when I'm onto something. Everyone is pretty neutral to me as I've already said and that's why I abstained from voting.
Would you be able to give me a quick link to any prior game in which you were a civilian/town/villager?
Tbh I would rather not. I'm new here and how or where I've played beforehands is irrelevant. You can judge me by my posts and plays on this site.
novaselinenever
Hitman

nutella wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:30 pm @novaselinenever just so you know for future phases, in most games on this site we don't really accept deliberate abstinence from voting as a legit option, and repeated missed votes can lead to punishment or replacement due to non-participation. I know on some other sites (and in some games here) there is a valid "no-lynch" option but usually we expect active players to cast a vote for a player even if it's for a really weak reason. Actually, the rules of this game don't seem to call this out specifically, so maybe the hosts can clarify on their attitude toward abstaining.
All right, thank you for the info.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

novaselinenever wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:35 pm Tbh I would rather not. I'm new here and how or where I've played beforehands is irrelevant. You can judge me by my posts and plays on this site.
Okay. I judge them as suspicious.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention], is it typical of TSP to progress his read on you so carefully and gradually?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

novaselinenever
Hitman

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:37 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:35 pm Tbh I would rather not. I'm new here and how or where I've played beforehands is irrelevant. You can judge me by my posts and plays on this site.
Okay. I judge them as suspicious.
Fair enough. I'll try to change that.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 147

Post by Glorfindel »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:34 pm
Glorfindel wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:14 pm Hi,Jay :). If I may please ask your indulgence - this is your reads list from yesterday. Looking at it again now, do you foresee any significant movements in player ratings? Thanks.
I don't think I could project movement; reads will develop however they may as the game progresses. Looking at the rainbow I do find myself forgetting why TSP is green, so I'll refresh myself on that.
I meant foresee in terms of likely changes since you posted that list, Jay and yes, the TSP ranking was one of the things that jumped out at me given his limited number of posts and the nature of them. Thanks
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

civvies, send your night actions
mafia, don't
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

lapluie
novaselinenever
Dave
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:30 pm lapluie
novaselinenever
Dave
Whaddya like about nvn?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:32 pm
novaselinenever
Dave
Whaddya like about nvn?
same , but I'm currently tiering lapluie and novaselinenever as both tier B. Would like more on all 3 tbh
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 388

Post by Quin »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:39 pm
Quin wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:09 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:03 am
Quin wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:56 am GTH town.

It's not that I wouldn't. I probably could have put you somewhere on the scale based on what I'd read, but I couldn't be bothered with the subsequent "why's" I should expect from you this early. Lazy and unforgivable, right? :faint:

You pointed out my correction earlier saying it wasn't actually an impression on you. That's false, it's just not an impression directly reflective of your alignment. You also said it was likely I was trying to cause trouble for Kyle by throwing my reverse-read on him into the wind - that's what happens when the person you're trying to bounce ideas off of drops the conversation on you. I'd have talked about it with anyone if they'd said something about it. Do you have anything to say about it?
You're probably town. Did you make any observations or draw conclusions apart from what you mentioned re: Kyle about how people handled me screaming at you?

I would say that Kyle has spent more time discussing mechanics and the night poll than the average player. I think he has sounded quite genuine in that effort though and don't really view him as a premier suspect. I saw one instance of scum Kyle in the sc2 game he played with dunya, and so far I think he looks more like the town version we've seen on The Syndicate to me.
I'm talking more specifically about his first 10 posts (that's what he had when I made the initial post). He'd been littering posts here and there while I was getting drop kicked by you and MacDougall, but never really gave his two cents. I had the impression he was avoiding having an opinion.

This is also how he responded to me bringing him up:
Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:18 am Quin do you consider yourself to be a primary suspect? :p
Never actually addresses what I say about him but in turn changes the topic entirely.
Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:53 am
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:48 am
Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:18 am Quin do you consider yourself to be a primary suspect? :p
Not really. These are the initial "throw shit at the wall and see what sticks" cases. A suspect nonetheless though.
I don't see anything you've said or done as being worthy of a civ or mad read, to me it's more of a "Quin seems lackadaisical and carefree" read, that might factor into a read later given different behavioral context.

Quin do you have any suspects?
wait, is this seriously what it was about? page one was all prodding. I didn't have any reason to take any of it as serious reads or datapoints. why would you expect me to take a discussion where you claimed to be a mafia member with 17 teammates seriously.
I'm talking about several pages of content. We'd been at it for a while before I said anything about you, and all you'd talked about was mechanics iirc. I'm mostly looking at how you handled the interaction with me. You completely changed the conversation. Mac poked at you for something similar earlier. Did you ever respond to his actual criticism of you?

That 16* person team claim was srs biznus if I was reading Sloonei's motives right, as an aside.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 388

Post by Quin »

also my internet is back but im going out for probably a couple of hours so i'll try get back into the swing of things then ok bye
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

novaselinenever
Dave
Whaddya like about nvn?
Not much. It's primarily a gut read on him at the moment. I don't love or hate anything about his posts so far, but I thought I sensed some genuine helpfulness in his attitude on Day 1, even if he wasn't here a whole lot. I like the angle you are pursuing him with.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
lapluie
Moon Child
Posts in topic: 553

Post by lapluie »

Made wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:41 pm
novaselinenever
Dave
Whaddya like about nvn?
same , but I'm currently tiering lapluie and novaselinenever as both tier B. Would like more on all 3 tbh
I am not following these mafia acronyms what does that mean
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

the tiers seem to just be Made's version of a rainbow/how he ranks his reads? not standard terminology
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”