Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 499
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Fiddler on the Roof Mafia

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:50 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:49 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:45 pm Sloonei, I've scoured over your Kyle case and I continue to get an impression that you are lost in a tunnel. How about this:

If Kyle was a civilian, how do you think he would have handled my fake tell?
By instigating a conversation with you about your read of him. It's what he did when I put a vote on him early in Mortal Kombat. Granted, his alignment is not currently known in that game, but his behavior there is more in line with what I'd expect from town kyle.
Do you think that I left the door open for a conversation?
The door was always there. All he needed to do was ask a question or two and it would have been opened.

Are you not alarmed that a player spent a great deal of time refuting a claim without any substance to it?
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Marmot
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 321

Post by MacDougall »

JJJ I see you have switched from Epignosis to Marmot. What was the reason you have relented off Epignosis to float to the candidate I've put forth given that my argument for not lynching Epignosis amounted primarily to keeping you accountable? Do you desire to keep yourself accountable?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

nutella wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:33 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:28 pm Wilgy and Marmot are totally cruising making jokes while a game is going on around them. Let's lynch one of them.
I think wilgy is town. He's throwing around zany/original shit, playing the ol' fast-and-loose game, things like suggesting lynching Dizzy right after a bunch of people named dizzy as a town read. Then again, he is the king of wifom mountain, so :shrug:

Marmot could be bad.
I never get civilian credit for any of the zany shit I say. :disappoint:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 514
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:55 pm
The door was always there. All he needed to do was ask a question or two and it would have been opened.

Are you not alarmed that a player spent a great deal of time refuting a claim without any substance to it?
[/quote]

Not really, no. Frankly I'd have been more suspicious if Kyle had been Mr. Cool and Collected in response to me dropping a "tell" bomb on him in the middle of Day 0. Consider my own reactions to the Epignosis version of the poop, as you've assigned it -- is there a huge difference between my treatment of that and Kyle's treatment of mine?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:55 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:52 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:44 pm
Is that it? My next few posts in that thread were to make excuses for being late to the thread and to call people out for being shitty and rude to each other, and to ask people about their usual meta. I haven't done any of those things so it has to be the "let's go" right? :-?
"This is the only reason anyone could possibly have to be suspicious of me and it's bogus and any other argument you could make definitely doesn't apply, so it must be this, but look how inefficient it is." :suspish:

I'll jump ahead to the post I labeled "obtuse":
I was trying to understand what I thought Jay's point of view might be, which is literally something you complained about me not doing earlier in this very long short story.
My complaint was that you weren't engaging with Jay about his viewpoint. This is a continuation of that.
Jay. Wasn't. Online.

You want to know who was online? 4 people who saw Jay's trash and said "hmmm interesting! Jay must know something, here's 4 other reasons why we should all suspect Kyle, wow crazy"
You still could have left a question for him. He wasn't online at the moment, but he was likely to return. Also, your responses to those other four people were all in a similar tone. In fact, I included some of them in my case.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei's quotes are cursed. That only happens with him.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 272
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:50 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:49 pm I changed my mind, Sloonei your case is really bad. It's tunnel-y and it's not even internally consistent. It's build on hypotheticals ways that you think a town Kyle should react to situations that don't apply in reality because I don't fit into your cookie cutter viewpoint of what I should be like.
Is my effort irrelevant now?
Yeah. It's not a good case, it's just a long case.

and like you said it would be easy for a mafia Sloonei to invest super hard in this tunnel thing you're doing for town credit. After I died you could just be like "well I was really sure about it, didn't you see my 18 paragraph essay"
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:52 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:51 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:59 pm My FZ read leans civilian, and I am influenced by the 2015 GOC when I was faced with a crapload of errant suspicion and she was one of the few contrary voices who saw the civilian in me. There's at least some parallel here.
What in the hell does that have to do with now? It's 2018. :confused2:
And she has played maybe three games in that span.
That says nothing about her now.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:15 pm I agree with your green reads Mac, save perhaps LC. I don't have much of a read there. What's your inspiration?
I could understand the rationality LC had with his posts that you seemed to disagree with. It's part of the reason I am suspicious of you.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:57 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:33 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:28 pm Wilgy and Marmot are totally cruising making jokes while a game is going on around them. Let's lynch one of them.
I think wilgy is town. He's throwing around zany/original shit, playing the ol' fast-and-loose game, things like suggesting lynching Dizzy right after a bunch of people named dizzy as a town read. Then again, he is the king of wifom mountain, so :shrug:

Marmot could be bad.
I never get civilian credit for any of the zany shit I say. :disappoint:
In other games, sure you have. Not in this one.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:57 pm JJJ I see you have switched from Epignosis to Marmot. What was the reason you have relented off Epignosis to float to the candidate I've put forth given that my argument for not lynching Epignosis amounted primarily to keeping you accountable? Do you desire to keep yourself accountable?
I don't care what Epignosis does with me. My primary hesitation right now with lynching him stems from his recent effort to indicate who "cares about the roof" -- who shouldn't be lynched. If there's one thing I would expect less from mafia Epignosis, it'd be credit handouts.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:38 pm
This was the turn in the conversation that I really didn't like, and still do not. If this is what Kyle assumed, then why did he launch so quickly into defense mode? why was it his objective to negate and dismiss a prod which he presumed to be disingenuous, rather than simply observing that it was disingenuous? This might be my least favorite post in the thread.
this implies that i should ever ignore lies being told about me and assume the liar must have good intentions. i disagree with that on principle based on the fact that this is mafia? lies and innaccurate statements should always be called out.
But you acknowledged in this same breath that you were pretty sure this particular lie was just a standard mafia ploy. If this is your interpretation, why was it so important to refute it first?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I town read Epignosis. why should I not be doing that?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:59 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:49 pm I changed my mind, Sloonei your case is really bad. It's tunnel-y and it's not even internally consistent. It's build on hypotheticals ways that you think a town Kyle should react to situations that don't apply in reality because I don't fit into your cookie cutter viewpoint of what I should be like.

and like you said it would be easy for a mafia Sloonei to invest super hard in this tunnel thing you're doing for town credit. After I died you could just be like "well I was really sure about it, didn't you see my 18 paragraph essay"
Does this make me a scum read?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:00 pm That says nothing about her now.
You don't have to think so. I have historical evidence that she reads me well when I am under duress, and that she didn't lump on to the token anti-JJJ climate looked nice to me.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:00 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:57 pm JJJ I see you have switched from Epignosis to Marmot. What was the reason you have relented off Epignosis to float to the candidate I've put forth given that my argument for not lynching Epignosis amounted primarily to keeping you accountable? Do you desire to keep yourself accountable?
I don't care what Epignosis does with me. My primary hesitation right now with lynching him stems from his recent effort to indicate who "cares about the roof" -- who shouldn't be lynched. If there's one thing I would expect less from mafia Epignosis, it'd be credit handouts.
So you are saying that you would rather snap lynch Marmot than the guy you have been hounding all day 1 because he started to make town reads?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:04 pm
So you are saying that you would rather snap lynch Marmot than the guy you have been hounding all day 1 because he started to make town reads?
For the moment, yes. I don't give a shit what I did all Day 1. I give a shit where my final vote lands.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

3J, do you use a mouse?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Let's boil my kyle suspicion down to two posts that are centered around his treatment of me. First:
Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:24 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:21 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:20 pm getting lynched for day 1 bullshit used to be my #1 cause of death.
You described my post as "unhelpful" earlier. why?
because it was unhelpful

all you did was sharpen the focus on something that was already being focused on

is that value added?
Is this a legitimate point of view? was my post "unhelpful" because it "sharpened the focus on something that was already being focused on"? Does that accusation even make sense? what should this say about kyle's read of me in this game? And I'll open up his last question to the floor: Did my one-word case building on Kyle add any value to the thread?

Second:
Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:32 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:08 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:06 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:58 pm Kyle, what color would I be on your rainbow?
yellow

I'm not interested in lynching you today, and I think my involvement in the events that i was basing my read on you may have caused a bias in my view.
Give me a gun-to-head read then.
sloonei what is the purpose of this question? I've already outlined my view on you. I thought you looked bad because of the way you climbed on to Jay's thing. I'm acknowledging that my view on you could have been tinted by a bias created by my sometimes overly defensive nature. Nothing's changed in your behavior to swing you back in either direction so that's why you're yellow, a gun to head read on you right now would be arbitrary.
Kyle has not been able to give me a read all game. I like people to take definitive stances. This is a regular angle I pursue. "what is the purpose of this?" is not a question I'd expect an earnestly invested townie kyle to ask me in that moment.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:01 pm
This was the turn in the conversation that I really didn't like, and still do not. If this is what Kyle assumed, then why did he launch so quickly into defense mode? why was it his objective to negate and dismiss a prod which he presumed to be disingenuous, rather than simply observing that it was disingenuous? This might be my least favorite post in the thread.
this implies that i should ever ignore lies being told about me and assume the liar must have good intentions. i disagree with that on principle based on the fact that this is mafia? lies and innaccurate statements should always be called out.
But you acknowledged in this same breath that you were pretty sure this particular lie was just a standard mafia ploy. If this is your interpretation, why was it so important to refute it first?
"pretty sure this particular lie was just a standard mafia ploy" again that's false. I said I was pretty sure he was lying cus factually speaking there were no consistencies between this game and sc2. The reasoning was still unknown.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 173
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:11 pm
Marmot wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:58 pm
If Player X is a bad mafia player who puts his foot in his mouth and looks bad every game, will we lynch him Day 1 every game? No.
A good foreman will tell the difference between a guy who spills the nails and a guy who doesn't care about the roof.
Marmot wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:58 pm If you think Jay is worth lynching, why wait to lynch him? Why would you bring it up as a decent notion (for not Day 1) if Jay is "working very hard on the construction" and not "planning on destroying the roof"?
Only one person can be lynched at a time. When you have a quiet person (or a non-poster) who is mafia, lynching that person comes down to what almost amounts to luck, especially early on. If 3J is bad, leaving him alive Day 1 is a wise strategic move because Jay is a guaranteed talker, one who (more than anybody I know) will eventually comment on everybody.

To beat our analogical horse further, if 3J wants to destroy the roof, he's the guy who feels compelled to talk about the roof, and to talk about it with his co-conspirators.
Jay is a player who is difficult to read that sort of interactions from. Other players are more than likely easier to read.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:03 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:00 pm That says nothing about her now.
You don't have to think so. I have historical evidence that she reads me well when I am under duress, and that she didn't lump on to the token anti-JJJ climate looked nice to me.
You're not under duress.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:05 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:04 pm
For the moment, yes. I don't give a shit what I did all Day 1. I give a shit where my final vote lands.
Fair enough. So that leaves you in a situation where you don't really have any strong Mafia reads then, is that a fair comment?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:03 pm

I would absolutely vote for you right now if everyone else was down to. I think your case is stretchy and opportunistic and I don't see you doing all this as a civ. You've done nothing but tunnel me all day. I don't think you've given reads on anyone but me or Epignosis.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:07 pm 3J, do you use a mouse?
90% of the time yes

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:59 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:55 pm The door was always there. All he needed to do was ask a question or two and it would have been opened.

Not really, no. Frankly I'd have been more suspicious if Kyle had been Mr. Cool and Collected in response to me dropping a "tell" bomb on him in the middle of Day 0. Consider my own reactions to the Epignosis version of the poop, as you've assigned it -- is there a huge difference between my treatment of that and Kyle's treatment of mine?
No, there isn't. I was suspicious of you for a little bit during that episode as well. But I feel good about your posts outside of that. I don't feel particularly good about anything Kyle has done in this game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:10 pm

I would absolutely vote for you right now if everyone else was down to. I think your case is stretchy and opportunistic and I don't see you doing all this as a civ. You've done nothing but tunnel me all day. I don't think you've given reads on anyone but me or Epignosis.
What Sloonei did was provide clear insight on why he thinks you are Mafia, when you were in a tie vote position, because the thread was in much need of some analysis on you to determine whether or not to pursue you, Epi or someone else. What he did is an extreme town move in my opinion.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:10 pm Fair enough. So that leaves you in a situation where you don't really have any strong Mafia reads then, is that a fair comment?
It's a fair comment. I have stronger civilian reads, which leaves me with a POE pool alongside residual Epignosis tinfoil.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:08 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:01 pm
"pretty sure this particular lie was just a standard mafia ploy" again that's false. I said I was pretty sure he was lying cus factually speaking there were no consistencies between this game and sc2. The reasoning was still unknown.
Hmmmmm?
Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:19 pm i actually kinda assumed you were lying for standard day zero jay-prod purposes?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:08 pm Let's boil my kyle suspicion down to two posts that are centered around his treatment of me. First:
Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:20 pm getting lynched for day 1 bullshit used to be my #1 cause of death.
because it was unhelpful

all you did was sharpen the focus on something that was already being focused on

is that value added?
Is this a legitimate point of view? was my post "unhelpful" because it "sharpened the focus on something that was already being focused on"? Does that accusation even make sense? what should this say about kyle's read of me in this game? And I'll open up his last question to the floor: Did my one-word case building on Kyle add any value to the thread?
Sloonei. You did nothing helpful. All you did was add one more body to the list of people who seemed to be following Jay's brick of nothing. You didn't help anything but to spread the poison around.
Second:
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:58 pm Kyle, what color would I be on your rainbow?
yellow

I'm not interested in lynching you today, and I think my involvement in the events that i was basing my read on you may have caused a bias in my view.
sloonei what is the purpose of this question? I've already outlined my view on you. I thought you looked bad because of the way you climbed on to Jay's thing. I'm acknowledging that my view on you could have been tinted by a bias created by my sometimes overly defensive nature. Nothing's changed in your behavior to swing you back in either direction so that's why you're yellow, a gun to head read on you right now would be arbitrary.
Kyle has not been able to give me a read all game. I like people to take definitive stances. This is a regular angle I pursue. "what is the purpose of this?" is not a question I'd expect an earnestly invested townie kyle to ask me in that moment.
Acting like I'm the kind of player to give hard reads when they haven't been earned or fully researched is another example of you ignoring my actual real life playstyle.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:13 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:10 pm Fair enough. So that leaves you in a situation where you don't really have any strong Mafia reads then, is that a fair comment?
It's a fair comment. I have stronger civilian reads, which leaves me with a POE pool alongside residual Epignosis tinfoil.
I am in the same position.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:11 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:55 pm The door was always there. All he needed to do was ask a question or two and it would have been opened.

No, there isn't. I was suspicious of you for a little bit during that episode as well. But I feel good about your posts outside of that. I don't feel particularly good about anything Kyle has done in this game.
Okay, so you despite your reservations you can envision a universe where a civilian JJJ reacts that way.

Does this not mean by extension that a civilian Kyle can react that way?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Vote for me.
I've given a read on Jay. I also have a strong town read on Speedchuck and a mild town read on Mac.

would you like to present a case against me?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Can anyone point me to a game Kyle was lynched in as Mafia where he had a chance to defend himself?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]Kylemii[/mention]

GTH reads on every player please. I would appreciate it. You don't have to research them or think too hard. Just give me the gut takes. Copy the list here if you like:

Epi
Nutella
Wilgy
Daisy
LC
Dyslexicon
FZ
Speed
JJJ
Marmot
Sloonei
Lorab
Dave
Novaselinenever
Mac

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

...you...you do remember his tunnel on cbob in mountains, right? I think the same thing is happening here. Sloonei is town but wrong.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:16 pm Can anyone point me to a game Kyle was lynched in as Mafia where he had a chance to defend himself?
Unfortunately there is no example (unless he was mafia in some distant past game here). The only scum game of his I know of was a one-day-phase game on a Star Craft forum. I wouldn't know where to find it either. I'll check really fast.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:15 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:11 pm

Okay, so you despite your reservations you can envision a universe where a civilian JJJ reacts that way.

Does this not mean by extension that a civilian Kyle can react that way?
Absolutely. In townie kyle universe, he was flustered by being made the target of the game's first suspicion and started denying it. But I find the universe in which Kyle is mafia to be more likely. I still would expect town kyle to make more of an effort to understand your prod.
You've made an effort to analyze the contents of Epignosis' feces.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

actually sloonei is sounding more and more full of shit the longer this goes on tbh
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:15 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:08 pm Let's boil my kyle suspicion down to two posts that are centered around his treatment of me. First:
because it was unhelpful

is that value added?
Sloonei. You did nothing helpful. All you did was add one more body to the list of people who seemed to be following Jay's brick of nothing. You didn't help anything but to spread the poison around.
I presented my perspective. You're making the argument that my perspective is unhelpful. It's not poison. It's the natural progression of this mafia game.
Second:
yellow

Acting like I'm the kind of player to give hard reads when they haven't been earned or fully researched is another example of you ignoring my actual real life playstyle.
I'm more taking issue with you asking me what the purpose of my interrogation was. Again, I am just trying to advance my perspective in the game and you are discrediting that. But also, could you point me to a past game in which you did not produce a read like this?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:11 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:07 pm 3J, do you use a mouse?
90% of the time yes
Your quote problems suggest a broken mouse, which automatically double clicks. I replace mine every six months.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:21 pm actually sloonei is sounding more and more full of shit the longer this goes on tbh
No I'm not.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:19 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:16 pm Can anyone point me to a game Kyle was lynched in as Mafia where he had a chance to defend himself?
Unfortunately there is no example (unless he was mafia in some distant past game here). The only scum game of his I know of was a one-day-phase game on a Star Craft forum. I wouldn't know where to find it either. I'll check really fast.
Can't access the forum without a log-in.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

It would be just as useful just to be pointed at any game he was lynched in that he had a chance to dispute.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:22 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:21 pm actually sloonei is sounding more and more full of shit the longer this goes on tbh
No I'm not.
Yeah you really aren't ... Either nutella is trying to not understand you or tired or something because your case is far more compelling than anything else I've seen spat up today.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:15 pm
Vote for me.
voting for someone who isn't likely to be lynched is wasting a vote
I've given a read on Jay. I also have a strong town read on Speedchuck and a mild town read on Mac.[/quote
okay so you've given 3 negative reads today I guess that means you're not tunneling, my bad
would you like to present a case against me?
what I would like is for you to stop wasting my time so I can figure out who to actually vote for during this day phase where my life is on the line
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:24 pm
No I'm not.
Yeah you really aren't ... Either nutella is trying to not understand you or tired or something because your case is far more compelling than anything else I've seen spat up today.
I'm not trying to not understand his case. I understand his case perfectly. I don't agree with it.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:24 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:24 pm
No I'm not.
I'm not trying to not understand his case. I understand his case perfectly. I don't agree with it.
O...k I just presumed you didn't because I really can't see how his case looks like bullshit at all.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:23 pm
It would be just as useful just to be pointed at any game he was lynched in that he had a chance to dispute.
I don't think he's even been lynched.

[mention]Kylemii[/mention], have you been lynched or nearly lynched in any recent game?

I vaguely remember him getting some crap in Pirate Mafia

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Side Missions”