JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 514
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Fiddler on the Roof Mafia

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:05 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:01 am I do think though that Epignosis would sooner defend than bus his teammates in the vast majority of scenarios. He talks a lot about his lack of bussing history, and it bears out -- he doesn't do it much.
Without provocation/necessity would you expect him to ignore his partners in the thread?
I don't think he would go out of his way to create interactions, but he'd probably also be mindful of a total lack of interactions. This is conjecture, granted. I think the most reliable means of finding teammates of a mafia Epignosis would be a focus on what is said about him rather than what is said by him (though I'd encourage both).
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 272
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:43 am
Epignosis wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:24 pm To be more specific regarding my thought process (since I'm so often accused of pretzel logic and am getting that criticism here again), my initial concern was how Kylemii failed to consider that 3J was bad and was making a move against him. Had the Vocaroo sequel not have happened, I might have carried on with considering that a sign of Kyle's (subconscious) guilt revealing itself, but when I read Kyle's posts in his own voice, that feeling went away.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:30 am Sloonei has done nothing in my estimation except pound Kylemii into the ground. We both played Vocaroo Too! Mafia, and I expressed why I think Kylemii is civilian. Sloonei, to my knowledge, has not commented on Kylemii's tone were he to read his posts in Kylemii's voice.* Furthermore, Sloonei quickly called me good. Should he have done so? And on what basis?

*Granted, I have not read Sloonei's novel on Kylemii, which I will do so shortly.
Hey wait, thats weird. I assumed when he posted that that he meant envisioning my constantly nervous boyscout-like voice saying the things I was saying here we're painting my words in a better light.... but actually.... I never once faced suspicion or stress of any kind in that entire game. I was town read almost by default by everyone except elohcin because of my vocal tone being that of an always nervous 16 year old boy scout who seems like he's 2 minutes away from crying at all times.

I've been stressed this entire time. I was relaxed during the entirety of vocaroo.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 321

Post by MacDougall »

I am doing both.

This tactic is going to be completely useless when it comes to teammates who decide to open fire on one another, if that happened, but I think generally the way teammates interact with one another has tells and this should find some interesting leads for normal mafia team interaction or lack thereof.

It's also useful for determining players for whom have no sensible teammates, like Sloonei.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:00 am I'm open to hearing about an Epi/speedchuck connection. The latter is someone I haven't given the proper care and attention.
Your post history shows that you've given speedchuck quite a bit of attention, particularly earlier in the game.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Jimmy complete.

Possible teammates = Kylemii, Wilgy.
Unlikely = Speedchuck, Sloonei, Epignosis, nutella, FZ, Long Con, Marmot, Lorab
Null =- Dyslexicon, Nova, Dave
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

For the first time I see a partnership I literally can't imagine is Mafia.

Kyle and Speedchuck does not compute.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:04 am
Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:24 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:21 pm You described my post as "unhelpful" earlier. why?
because it was unhelpful

all you did was sharpen the focus on something that was already being focused on

is that value added?
I still dislike every single word of this post. If I'm going to reduce my suspicion of Kyle down to a single post, I want it to be this one. It starts here.
Sloonei, I was mosty just reacting to Jay's thing emotionally. When I said "unhelpful" I meant that you weren't helping the situation for me personally. It was a frustrating time and every person stacking on shit made me feel even worse. When you responded to my things with such terse and judgemental words it felt like you were just stacking shit on, so I lashed back at you. If I had been in a better emotional state I might have responded better.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

That's going to be a legendary fail post at the end of the game isn't it.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 499
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:21 pm You described my post as "unhelpful" earlier. why?
because it was unhelpful

all you did was sharpen the focus on something that was already being focused on

is that value added?
I still dislike every single word of this post. If I'm going to reduce my suspicion of Kyle down to a single post, I want it to be this one. It starts here.
I don't know why.
It's incredibly dismissive of a post I made about him. I don't feel like "No value added" is an authentic stance for Kyle to take. It especially rings false when he spent a small portion of the day criticizing me for not doing enough to generate content. what I felt like was my most provocative post of the entire game so far was dismissed by him as "unhelpful" and "no value added".
It evokes memories of a bogus case Jay made as scum in Mountain Mafia when he argued that a certain player's posts "had little civilian utility."
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:19 am
because it was unhelpful

is that value added?
I don't know why.
It's incredibly dismissive of a post I made about him. I don't feel like "No value added" is an authentic stance for Kyle to take. It especially rings false when he spent a small portion of the day criticizing me for not doing enough to generate content. what I felt like was my most provocative post of the entire game so far was dismissed by him as "unhelpful" and "no value added".
It evokes memories of a bogus case Jay made as scum in Mountain Mafia when he argued that a certain player's posts "had little civilian utility."
Share the post that he called unhelpful.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

This one?
Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:40 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:38 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:01 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:34 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:18 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:31 am Kyle is with the Russian Police. Discuss.
strongly disagree
I'm afraid that is irrelevant. I know your tell and you have revealed yourself. I am sorry to wreck your game so quickly, but it's just how this works.
that's actually 100% false? first of all, I am a kind and hard-working citizen of Anetevka, so that part's wrong

second of all you've never even seen me play as mafia before, the only player in recent history who has is dunya and even then it was just one game under unique circumstances, not enough to build correlation from
Indignant

Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:11 pm okay so you think a 48 hour long game with teens who kept being terrible dicks to each other is going to be indicative of how I play in a real game as mafia?

one game isn't enough for real tell correlation, famous poker player sneezes the first time they roll a full house you don't just assume that they have a full house the second time they sneeze
Incredulous & Indignant.

Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:13 pm i don't recognize any parallel
Negative

Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:19 pm i actually kinda assumed you were lying for standard day zero jay-prod purposes?
Dismissive

Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:42 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:29 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:12 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:11 pm okay so you think a 48 hour long game with teens who kept being terrible dicks to each other is going to be indicative of how I play in a real game as mafia?

one game isn't enough for real tell correlation, famous poker player sneezes the first time they roll a full house you don't just assume that they have a full house the second time they sneeze
So you recognize the parallel then?
boom rekt
I really don't recognise the parallel. I don't even know for sure if there is one without looking. In this game I've comfortably talked about musicals with people I already know, and in that game (I think?) I spent the first several of my posts trying to get to know the players on that site. I'm like 60% sure Jay is just making things up to prod for reactions but if not then he's wrong and his basis is flawed. If there really is a parallel Jay sees then it's 100% just a coincidence and not caused by alignment-bias.
Indignant

Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:00 pm
Aardvarks Bark wrote:Alright let's goooooo.

Everyone please do me a solid favor and describe yourselves in terms of playstyle in whatever level of detail you feel is necessary. It's important.

It's nice to meet you all.
was it "let's go"? I've been trying to make it a thing lately. as like a fun tradition of sorts I guess.
Kylemii wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:04 pm mmmmmlets go
I opened with "let's go" in vocaroo as well, and a few other games I think.

Is that it? My next few posts in that thread were to make excuses for being late to the thread and to call people out for being shitty and rude to each other, and to ask people about their usual meta. I haven't done any of those things so it has to be the "let's go" right? :-?
Incredulous

Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:34 pm Hey @JaggedJimmyJay I'm telling you right now, if you get me wrongly lynched and don't reveal what you thought the tell was then I'm not going to easily forgive you for it.

If you're really just making this up then it's not a cool tactic. If you legitimately think I have a tell then sure fine whatever, everyone's wrong sometimes, but if not then you have to take responsibility for it. Promise me.
Defiant

Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:42 pm I take everything that involves me seriously.

Jay is a thread-leader. Stuff he says often ends up having impact. I'm not going to ignore it when he makes some vague claim about me, especially not if people are actually listening.
Indignant

Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:09 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:54 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:34 pm Hey @JaggedJimmyJay I'm telling you right now, if you get me wrongly lynched and don't reveal what you thought the tell was then I'm not going to easily forgive you for it.

If you're really just making this up then it's not a cool tactic. If you legitimately think I have a tell then sure fine whatever, everyone's wrong sometimes, but if not then you have to take responsibility for it. Promise me.
Why leave out the third option?
the option where I survive has no bearing on my request. What I'm saying that if I do end up getting lynched for Jay's 'tell' then Jay has to be held accountable. He can't just say something like "oh well it didn't work this time but I'm going to keep what it was a secret in case it's a tell in the future. :shrug:" and shrug it off.

If his tactic here causes me to die then I want his reasoning to be thoroughly checked into.
Obtuse
unhelpful
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:16 am
because it was unhelpful

is that value added?
Sloonei, I was mosty just reacting to Jay's thing emotionally. When I said "unhelpful" I meant that you weren't helping the situation for me personally. It was a frustrating time and every person stacking on shit made me feel even worse. When you responded to my things with such terse and judgemental words it felt like you were just stacking shit on, so I lashed back at you. If I had been in a better emotional state I might have responded better.
I can believe this.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

that one, mac.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:56 pm Daisy, Dave, Dizzy, FZ, NVN, I have almost no impression at all of any of these players yet
At the time you made this post you had already posted a case on FZ, which was more than you had done on other players outside this group. I find it strange that you included her in this group given that.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:21 amthat one, mac.
I wouldn't describe it as unhelpful either. It was highlighting several Kyle posts that you thought were pingy in an amusing way. Not destructive amazing scum hunting but not unhelpful.

I see very little substance in considering him doing so a scum tell though? He was just playing along with you?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:20 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:17 pm In a lot of recent games I've had the impression that most of the Day 1 noise was town-on-town aggression. I don't have that impression here. At least one major contributor is bad.
Define major contributers.

Then take a side.
I loved this post from speedchuck. I felt like he was really trying to dig into me. It wasn't just a call for clarity. He also demanded an action out of me in the process. It put him in the top tier of my town reads.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:21 am
Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:56 pm Daisy, Dave, Dizzy, FZ, NVN, I have almost no impression at all of any of these players yet
At the time you made this post you had already posted a case on FZ, which was more than you had done on other players outside this group. I find it strange that you included her in this group given that.
That's why I said almost. Outside of FZ's early response to me, I have no impression of who she is or what she stands for at all.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:23 am
I wouldn't describe it as unhelpful either. It was highlighting several Kyle posts that you thought were pingy in an amusing way. Not destructive amazing scum hunting but not unhelpful.

I see very little substance in considering him doing so a scum tell though? He was just playing along with you?
It was the post where I asked him to explain what was unhelpful about it that I didn't like. I mean, I didn't like that he called it unhelpful in the first place, but the elaboration on it set off every alarm in my head.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

speedchuck did a lot of things that made him my number one civ read but he also did a lot of coasting and joking, which I suppose is hard not to do when you have nobody pressuring you either way. I would have liked to have seen him use his position to carry more influence over the end result instead of a whole bunch of people pointing at each other as I imagine his opinion could have swayed things in one direction.

Kylemii is done;

Very unlikely = Speedchuck
Possible = Epignosis, nutella, Long Con, Wilgy, Marmot and Lorab
Null = Dizzy, Nova and Dave
Unlikely = Sloonei, JJJ, FZ

Kylemmi has the most possible partners so far, which is a hell of a feat given he has a lot of posts. Quite a nice little group of people that he avoided engaging in any meaningful way.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:26 am

It was the post where I asked him to explain what was unhelpful about it that I didn't like. I mean, I didn't like that he called it unhelpful in the first place, but the elaboration on it set off every alarm in my head.
I see. I would have liked to have seen him explain that he was also being rather jocular rather than trying to be 100% serious. I don't think he would have put a whole heap of thought into calling it unhelpful so to make the claim that he did say it for a valid reason is a little bit hard to take.

It's not much though Sloonei from the outside looking in. I think you are feeling it because you are the target.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epi and nutella cannot be teammates.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:28 amKylemmi has the most possible partners so far, which is a hell of a feat given he has a lot of posts. Quite a nice little group of people that he avoided engaging in any meaningful way.
I heard this a lot in college too. B)
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:33 am Epi and nutella cannot be teammates.
I'd like to hear more about this. I have absolutely no read on nutella after day 1, but she voted for me and is therefore my enemy.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:37 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:28 amKylemmi has the most possible partners so far, which is a hell of a feat given he has a lot of posts. Quite a nice little group of people that he avoided engaging in any meaningful way.
I heard this a lot in college too. B)
Maybe people would have found you more approachable if you quit lugging all those fence posts around campus.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:30 am
Sloonei wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:26 am

I see. I would have liked to have seen him explain that he was also being rather jocular rather than trying to be 100% serious. I don't think he would have put a whole heap of thought into calling it unhelpful so to make the claim that he did say it for a valid reason is a little bit hard to take.

It's not much though Sloonei from the outside looking in. I think you are feeling it because you are the target.
this is possible. The biggest takeaway from Day 1 is that things become muddiest for the person on the receiving end of criticism.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:28 amKylemii is done;

Kylemmi has the most possible partners so far, which is a hell of a feat given he has a lot of posts. Quite a nice little group of people that he avoided engaging in any meaningful way.
Idk, I guess I did end up focusing on Sloonei and Jay for most of that day phase. You did miss out on some interaction between me and LC though.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:41 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:28 amKylemii is done;

Idk, I guess I did end up focusing on Sloonei and Jay for most of that day phase. You did miss out on some interaction between me and LC though.
I am reading the posts now though. Occasionally I will make a judgement call that is based on the tone of the interaction to lean it one way or the other but primarily this is being determined by the lack of meaningful interaction.

nutella is done;

Possible = JJJ, Kyle
Null =Dizzy, Lorab, Nova, Dave
Unlikely = Speedchuck, Sloonei, FZ, Long Con, Wilgy, Marmot
Impossible = Epi
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epi has leapfrogged kyle as my top suspect, if that was unclear.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

FZ. wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:08 pm Why did Nutella get 2 votes?

Did wilgy actually post something with content?
This Wilgy comment is interesting because FZ had barely been engaged at all. The fact that she had an opinion about the way Wilgy had been playing up to that point intrigues me.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Long Con wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:10 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:01 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:55 pm This section is sketchy, Kyle, it reads like it's written by someone with a mafia alignment. "you've never even seen me play as mafia before" implies you're mafia now, and the statement that there's "not enough to build correlation from" implies that there could be enough at some point, but if you're Civ, then the idea would be that "correlation is impossible because I'm not bad."
This section is sketchy, Long Con. You've shoved words into Kylemii's face and said "These are the civilian words. You didn't say the civilian words." as if there aren't multiple possible examples of a civilian response to my poop.
That's a dumbed-down version of what I was saying. I gave an example of a Civilian perspective to make my point more clear. I didn't tell him what he had to say, I told him what what he said felt like to me.
nutella wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:03 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:01 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:55 pm This section is sketchy, Kyle, it reads like it's written by someone with a mafia alignment. "you've never even seen me play as mafia before" implies you're mafia now, and the statement that there's "not enough to build correlation from" implies that there could be enough at some point, but if you're Civ, then the idea would be that "correlation is impossible because I'm not bad."
This section is sketchy, Long Con. You've shoved words into Kylemii's face and said "These are the civilian words. You didn't say the civilian words." as if there aren't multiple possible examples of a civilian response to my poop.
So it was poop? And you think LC ate it?

I ate it, but I puked it back up.
I want to be clear that I didn't eat any poop. I had nothing to do with JJJ's supposed tell in my post.
Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:16 pmLC picks out the specific part of my response that supports his point despite the fact that the part he cropped out makes his point of agreement less meaningful.
Looking back, that is true. It was unintentional - I like to cut down quotes to the part I'm responding to for easier reading, and I lost that relevant part and reacted to just my slice. Kyle said that it's 100% false before the part I analyzed.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:47 pm Y'all please tell me about Epignosis's last post.

He rightly asserts that I shouldn't be assumed good because I make stuff happen. He then parlays that into "hang Jay and Sloonei", as though "doesn't make him good" is equivalent to "makes them bad".

No thanks. I won't be needing any of that today.
It's not something I'm taking very seriously. Is Epi really going to pursue your lynches?
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:30 pm Jay and I have been scum partners once. It was in Street Fighter. He bussed me on Day 1 and then subbed out.
:haha: :haha: :haha:
nutella wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:59 pm I just made a post of only adverbs in response to Epi. :slick:
Badass.
Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:57 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:48 pm Do you scum read me?
I don't quite scum read you but I don't town read you yet either.

You haven't done the things I expect town Sloonei to do yet which is a cause for concern.
I would like to eventually know what those things are, because it would help me to believe this statement is real.
LC's very next post =
Long Con wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:41 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:14 am So far, Kyle is very likely town. The rest is whatever. Except everyone are super cute and adorable. <3
Hey Diz. Kyle's clear for me at this point as well. I really enjoyed his post about his expectations for Sloonei.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:44 am Epignosis is my final vote. The guy said it’s same shit different day, meaning he is well aware that my play in this game is ordinary for a civilian JJJ. His case is contngent upon that.

Just think that through, people.
Epignosis has shown more than once, his ability to use bizarro Epi-Logic for his cases early on. I know this intimately. You've been there before, why is this making you OMGUS so hard?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:31 amThis is the biggest load of shit I've ever seen Epignosis dump into a Mafia thread.
It's really, really, really, really not.
Based on this?
Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:36 am
Long Con wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:10 am
Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:16 pmLC picks out the specific part of my response that supports his point despite the fact that the part he cropped out makes his point of agreement less meaningful.
Looking back, that is true. It was unintentional - I like to cut down quotes to the part I'm responding to for easier reading, and I lost that relevant part and reacted to just my slice. Kyle said that it's 100% false before the part I analyzed.
It's alright.
Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:57 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:48 pm Do you scum read me?
I don't quite scum read you but I don't town read you yet either.

You haven't done the things I expect town Sloonei to do yet which is a cause for concern.
I would like to eventually know what those things are, because it would help me to believe this statement is real.
well to summarize it, I expect Sloonei to ride around on his bike throwing rocks in people's spokes. Always trying to get their wheels to skip, to see if their mafia baseball cards fall out of their pockets. Similar to how early Jay operates but with a different composure and also his name is blue. He puts out his tentacles and feels shit out, asks people probing questions, gets people involved when they aren't involved. That's how I see him at least.

I haven't seen those things yet.
:suspish:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Found the most likely partnership so far. Kyle and Long Con. Speedchuck and Sloonei make no sense to be part of that team. The most likely partner to that team is nutella.

Kyle, Long Con & nutella?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Both Kyle and nutella had ample suspicion so I would appreciate if others made a comment about how the felt any of these three looked when the others were under pressure to see if they can see what I am seeing.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:38 am
I'd like to hear more about this. I have absolutely no read on nutella after day 1, but she voted for me and is therefore my enemy.
See, it's this kind of thing that I don't like from you. I'm not your enemy if you're town, just like you wouldn't be Kyle's enemy if you're both town. I would just be misguided, and you could try to regain my trust. But your pleads when you were likely to be lynched sounded phony. And calling me your enemy for voting for you just really, really doesn't sound like civ Sloonei.

Aside from this, my passions have cooled a little bit since EOD and I'm feeling more suspicious of Epi at the moment. I'm sort of stuck having to decide which one of Epi and Sloonei I want to commit to thinking is bad, and right around EOD I was really hyped up against Sloonei but now I'm leaning back toward Epi based on the discussion about him since EOD. My priority was going to be lynch Sloonei next and if he's town lynch Epi next, but I think I'm switching that priority now since Epi seems more likely.
Sloonei wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:46 am Epi has leapfrogged kyle as my top suspect, if that was unclear.
I had my temporary truce with Epi against you since he and I both thought you were phony. Guess it's time for a temporary truce with you against him.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

If nutella is not in that team Marmot OR but not AND Wilgy could be.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Nah dude. Wolves are Epi and two of speedchuck, Long Con, or LoRab.

I'm good. Kyle's good. LC's prolly bad.

Wilgy's good. Marmot, who the fuck knows.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Marmot wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:49 pm That said, I don't think we should lynch nutella at all. She's a civilian.
TMI?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:06 am Nah dude. Wolves are Epi and two of speedchuck, Long Con, or LoRab.

I'm good. Kyle's good. LC's prolly bad.

Wilgy's good. Marmot, who the fuck knows.
Could be, these reads are to determine potential combinations and anticombos so there isn't really anything about the post content applied to it.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

LoRab wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:20 pm I'm not seeing baddie LA. I also feel like there was quite the bandwagon going on earlier against her, although it seems to have moved off.

I'm going to vote Epi for now. I'm not feeling great and may fall asleep on the keyboard, so want to be sure to not forget to vote. He's really the only one I'm noticing who is playing their baddie game.
nutella it's interesting, Lorab only made 7 posts and one of them she took the time to make a civ read on you yet here you are with a mafia read on her? 7 posts, one of which is a civ clear on you and you think she is Mafia? What's that based on?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

What sounds more likely

JaggedJimmyJay and Dr.Wilgy are partners
Long Kyle and Kylemii are partners
Speedchuck and Epignosis are partners
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

That should be relatively useful once you nab the first Mafia player.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:16 am
LoRab wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:20 pm I'm not seeing baddie LA. I also feel like there was quite the bandwagon going on earlier against her, although it seems to have moved off.

I'm going to vote Epi for now. I'm not feeling great and may fall asleep on the keyboard, so want to be sure to not forget to vote. He's really the only one I'm noticing who is playing their baddie game.
nutella it's interesting, Lorab only made 7 posts and one of them she took the time to make a civ read on you yet here you are with a mafia read on her? 7 posts, one of which is a civ clear on you and you think she is Mafia? What's that based on?
it's complicated. we have a history :p

lorab and I used to always trust each other because we often had similar thought processes/styles. I think she may be working with a slightly outdated view of my meta because she hasn't played with me very recently and I've been changing up quite a bit I think (or trying to), but she still correctly identifies me as town which could be legitimate but also could be lazy or (as you suggest about marmot) that she knows I'm good because she's bad. Since she hasn't been participating much at all it felt lazy to me, like she felt as if our past extensive familiarity with each other specially qualified her to weigh in on me. and I know she's been too busy to keep up/hasn't been online much, but I'm uncomfortable with how little she has said.

however, I think I had forgotten she'd called out Epi on her own terms. So actually scratch her being a likely teammate for him. I don't think she'd bus that hard.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:20 am What sounds more likely

JaggedJimmyJay and Dr.Wilgy are partners
Long Kyle and Kylemii are partners
Speedchuck and Epignosis are partners
Lmao @ Long Kyle

I think Speedchuck/Epi is fairly likely. The other two pairings I guess I could see but I have town reads on 3/4 of those names (I don't have a read on anybody named "Long Kyle" hahah no but really LC is pretty orange to me atm)
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

This is a pretty cool chart/interaction-analysis-exercise, Mac. Seems like something that should be done more often.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

i know this might be jumping the gun a little but i think we might be able to solve this game similarly to how we solved vocaroo too, with the whole POE lists thing.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Me, I'll stick with a regular old rainbow.

MacDougall
DrWilgy
Kylemii
Dyslexicon
JaggedJimmyJay
Dave
novaselinenever
LoRab
speedchuck
Marmot
Sloonei
FZ.
Long Con
Epignosis
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

ebwop: Jay should be slightly greener than the yellows (dave and nova are neutral from posting no content), but Jay is slightly less strong of a town read than the other greens
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I suppose my rainbow has the opposite problem from what I called out earlier; that is, a bit too orange-heavy, especially considering there are only 3 baddies (plus 1 indie). Perhaps I should try to narrow down POE more. I know I want to lynch Epi though so I figure I'll go from there (and Mac's teammate-compatibility analysis should help).
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:04 am
Sloonei wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:38 am
See, it's this kind of thing that I don't like from you. I'm not your enemy if you're town, just like you wouldn't be Kyle's enemy if you're both town. I would just be misguided, and you could try to regain my trust. But your pleads when you were likely to be lynched sounded phony. And calling me your enemy for voting for you just really, really doesn't sound like civ Sloonei.
The enemy comment was unserious. Where else habe I done something like thay in this game?
Aside from this, my passions have cooled a little bit since EOD and I'm feeling more suspicious of Epi at the moment. I'm sort of stuck having to decide which one of Epi and Sloonei I want to commit to thinking is bad, and right around EOD I was really hyped up against Sloonei but now I'm leaning back toward Epi based on the discussion about him since EOD. My priority was going to be lynch Sloonei next and if he's town lynch Epi next, but I think I'm switching that priority now since Epi seems more likely.
Sloonei wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:46 am Epi has leapfrogged kyle as my top suspect, if that was unclear.
I had my temporary truce with Epi against you since he and I both thought you were phony. Guess it's time for a temporary truce with you against him.
Why does it have to be one of us?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:42 am Me, I'll stick with a regular old rainbow.

MacDougall
DrWilgy
Kylemii
Dyslexicon
JaggedJimmyJay
Dave
novaselinenever
LoRab
speedchuck
Marmot
Sloonei
FZ.
Long Con
Epignosis
What did dyslexicon do to earn this placement?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”