60%

Total votes: 15
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 34
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Day 3]

Post by nutellaphant »

nutella wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:36 am Wait Ermac is a role. I feel dumb.

Ermac, you keep saying "we." Are you one person, or more? Are you the person with the role Ermac, or someone else somehow affected by that role?
We don’t know what we are. We are lost in this nether-world between life and death. Our sole purpose is to further the cause of the Order of Light to the exclusion of all else in the time we are here.
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:55 am what is the truth? do you know why there wasn't a kill ermac?
We believe (on the balance of probability) the reason why there was no night kill. The question here however is do you?
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Ermac wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:00 am
Kylemii wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:55 am what is the truth? do you know why there wasn't a kill ermac?
We believe (on the balance of probability) the reason why there was no night kill. The question here however is do you?
believe what?

i don't know anything about the matter beyond the contents of the role list
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 388

Post by Quin »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:44 am Is it.... possible someone actually did die and we just don't know yet because we're in the nethersphere?
everyone raise your hands if you still have all your limbs lets do a head count
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:03 am
believe what?

Very well, then. If we assume you are telling the truth, we’d recommend you consider more carefully options other than the one you considered most likely.
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

alright well in any case, i intend to review eloh novaselinever, wilgy, and dunya, over the course of today, probably a couple others.
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:44 am Is it.... possible someone actually did die and we just don't know yet because we're in the nethersphere?
No. The outcome of last night’s events are quite clear
Epignosis wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:05 pm
Netherrealm
You are fools to come to Netherrealm. The dead are here.

No one has been killed.

It is now Day 3.
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Ermac wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:19 am
Kylemii wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:03 am
believe what?

Very well, then. If we assume you are telling the truth, we’d recommend you consider more carefully options other than the one you considered most likely.
Mmmmm... I guess. I mean I'm not sure trying to figure out exactly what happened is a valuable usage of time. There's potential for survival related stuff in secrets, probably. My comment on the kill-miss wasn't a basis for suspicion on it's own but more like a clue that some of us might be on the right track.

I want to lynch a player with a strong case against them no matter what, so nothing really changes if the lack of kill had a secret cause, the roleblock theory was just a data point.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:14 amMmmmm... I guess. I mean I'm not sure trying to figure out exactly what happened is a valuable usage of time.
this came accross as more blunt than I meant it, sorry it's late at night.

I just mean like... If I suspect X player, and many other people suspect X, it's possible that one of our two RBs also suspects X and role RBed them last night causing the no-kill.

If Epignosis came in to the thread and was like "hey guys guess what, that kill was stopped by Doogie Houser, the secret civvie doctor role ;);););)" I'd still suspect player X, because the whole reason they seemed like they might have been a potential RB recipient was that they were suspicious in the first place.
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

As we said, we are committed totally to The Order of Light. We believe that we know the identity of the Outworld’s target last night and if correct, we know the identity of the brave member of the Order of Light who disrupted their evil machinations. You are correct though, that knowledge may not be so useful.

We also may possess other knowledge that may ultimately prove beneficial to the Order but that is not for us to reveal now.
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 364

Post by dunya »

I'm leaning towards this actually. Epignosis is the sort of guy to pull that off to fuck with us. :feb:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Ermac wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:19 am
dunya wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:42 am Kyle gets townie points for being the first one trying to make a defense on why the kill failed.
Does he retain those townie points if he were deliberately misrepresenting the actual events?
I have to know who I'm talking to before I talk to him. :evileye:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Night 2]

Post by dunya »

I lied, I'm going to talk about this.
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:39 pm
dunya wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:28 pm
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:02 pm dunya is bad. I keep hearing about my strong opposition to the sig lynch and "I knew it" posts, but they don't exist.
Spoiler: show
Quin wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:24 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:31 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:39 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:24 pm *votes Sig*
Can you get me through these changes?
Bear witness as I exercise my exorcism
The evil that lurks within the sin, the terrorism
sig wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:15 pm If we assume LC is being honest and not just trying to lay low, then this actually makes me think he's town. I don't think scum LC would be so lackluster and so obvious about it, especially if he hasn't been mafia in awhile and had a big civ game and then rolled civ again. So I don't think we should lynch him today.
sig wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:15 pm Some other quick notes Nutella is looking good right now, LC I'd say leans good, Mac is posting as he always does as both a civ and mafia member so I can't really tell yet, 3J and Sloonie have alot of posts which is a pain, but minus Sloonie's Wilgy's comment he seems okay same with 3J. Though I don't quite see the case on Jack yet.
sig wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:08 pm He's missing the opportunistic nature that scum LC usually has, where he's active, tries to lead lynches, and is a mega poster. He could be trying another strategy as scum true, but I doubt that.
sig wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:05 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:17 pm
Made wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:55 pm
I agree. Ok, I'll change my vote. Sorry Mac.
This is pingy. :eye:
But only a real thug can stab someone 'til they die
Standing in front of them, staring straight into their eyes
sig wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:15 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:38 pm
sig wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:10 pm I'm surprised Made, JJJ, quin ect took the first page so serious it's odd seeing how it is day 0 first page.
What does this mean to you?
Nothing really besides the fact that y'all jumped the gun and started serious posting way to soon. Maybe I'll be able to glean some information later down the road, but for now nothing.
sig wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:08 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:19 pm
sig wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:15 pm Speed saying he'd vote for dunya was strange.
Why is that strange? What does strange mean?
She isn't playing the game, I don't usually jump on funny/joke posts since I do them so often, but the way he said it was strange. Also I'd say strange is like somewhere between suspicious and null, like I should look into it more since it pinged me, but I probably won't.
sig wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:08 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:07 pm I suspect sig. He gave a bunch of town reads including a dubious pass for Long Con, and the only suspicion he didn't in some way retract was "speedchuck saying he'd vote dunya is strange" -- the weakest of sauce. He was vaguely critical of Kyle and Sloonei, but didn't stick to either.
I don't have many reads to give honestly nobody looks that bad to me yet I've had some minor pings, but nothing more. I feel like I'd get good information out of the few big post arguments, but that's alot of work.

I think if I hear that fuckin' word again I'mma scream
While I'm projectile vomiting, what do I look like, a comedian to you?
Do you think that I'm kidding? What do I look like some kind of idi-
Wait a minute, shit, don't answer that - why am I so misunderstood?
Why do I go through so much bullshit, it's such bullshit, it's tush mull bisch
Woe is me
Deep Fried Oyster - $3.00
Quin's reaction to my case - a $3 rating which is pretty low, considering he gave me $20+ for replacing in, which is the high end of the spectrum.

he only made 3 or 4 more posts after that, the other sig related was a quote to his iso and a $9.90 rating, see below:
Quin wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:33 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:14 am sig
Special Fried Rice - $9.90
in terms of what was posted in that crazy phase, I'd say this was Quin basically shutting down the sig lynch to the best of his ability.

Quin's post sig flip posts:
Quin wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:17 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:16 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:10 pm

Let me beat some sense into sig!

sig has been lynched.

He was Kabal.

The Shadows of Outworld have passed.

MacDougall was Scorpion.

It is now Night 2. You have 23 hours to submit your PMs.

Oh, and please speak normally now. :feb:
Sorry sig, but I found it really suspicious how you were online after I flung shit your way and you ignored to comment. If I was hesitant before, your lack of defence made me feel more confident.

Quin looks bad out of this. His assertion that sig was town and how he wasn't even wishy washy rubs me the wrong way.
I lost interest in your sig case as soon as you picked up his calling LC pingy. That's not a contradiction, it's a progression of read.
Quin wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:19 pm I don't like how sig managed to become a runaway wagon at the 11th hour when 90 percent of the thread couldn't even talk about it properly.
Quin wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:19 pm Naturally I'll be looking into related posts kthx
Quin wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:21 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:19 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:17 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:16 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:10 pm

Let me beat some sense into sig!

sig has been lynched.

He was Kabal.

The Shadows of Outworld have passed.

MacDougall was Scorpion.

It is now Night 2. You have 23 hours to submit your PMs.

Oh, and please speak normally now. :feb:
Sorry sig, but I found it really suspicious how you were online after I flung shit your way and you ignored to comment. If I was hesitant before, your lack of defence made me feel more confident.

Quin looks bad out of this. His assertion that sig was town and how he wasn't even wishy washy rubs me the wrong way.
I lost interest in your sig case as soon as you picked up his calling LC pingy. That's not a contradiction, it's a progression of read.
It was not a progression, it was alone, no follow up, thrown in there and nothing to substantiate it or develop the "ping"
Have you played with him much? This sort of thing isn't unnatural for him to do imo.
Quin wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:22 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:20 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:19 pm I don't like how sig managed to become a runaway wagon at the 11th hour when 90 percent of the thread couldn't even talk about it properly.
Because lynching birdwithteeth11 0 posts would have been likeable :rolleyes:
It'd be better than lynching someone who showed up.
I won't link to his comments during Night 2 (now).

I'll let everyone else be the judge of whether or not Quin basically implied as best as he could he wouldn't hop on the sig bandwagon given our difficult posting restrictions (for a stance, a reason) and how post sig reveal he immediately excused himself and gave a reason to why he didn't hop on board. It felt too calculated to me and unnatural, sorry. :shrug:
1. I was disagreeing with your case. You knew that was happening. You told someone else that was what I was doing.
2. I told you I didn't like the case. But 9.90 isn't "shutting down the case". My read on sig was neutral. was comparing my read on sig to my read on lapluie.
3. I told you why I didn't hop on board because you accused me right out of the gate.

Would lunch with $3.00 plain ice cream.
1. How the hell did I know you were only disagreeing with the ~case~ and not disagreeing with the fact I thought sig was scum? :mafia:
2. You said you told me "I didn't like the case". Where? Where did you say that? I didn't know you were comparing your read on sig to read on lapluie tbf. I thought you thought lapluie was scum.
3. I do that often when there's a bandwagon and people who refuse to join so early in the game. The strong stances always ping me, you can go through my past games and see a few times where I've done that. It's a natural thought sequence for me, and has netted me a few scum in the past. I have no intention of changing it.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:31 pm Jimmy*
Speed*
Kyle*
Made*

*One of these players should be bad cause by all rights the Mac lynch stunk
If that's your sole reason, I wouldn't be quick to lynch any of those. I thought the same way for a phase in Mountains Mafia and it turned out there were 6 townies on a lynch train (and speed who was independent but playing with a townie mind tbh).
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:23 am
dunya wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:44 am
Sloonei wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:36 am *who's immune to scrutiny

Please forgive me, i'm clearly a wreck
We're you spectating after you died? Who's pinged you as a spectator and why?

Same questions to @MacDougall
only immediately after my death where speedchuck made me think he was scum
can you direct me to the post or posts which made you feel that way? if you've already addressed this post resurrection, then no need. I'm not fully caught up yet.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention] [mention]MacDougall[/mention] [mention]sig[/mention]

do you have any posting or voting restrictions or anything of the sort?
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 38

Post by sig »

I'm so triggered at y'all and my revenge will commence later today, however I'm busy right now and will be back later in the phase.
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

sig wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:02 am I'm so triggered at y'all and my revenge will commence later today, however I'm busy right now and will be back later in the phase.
I'm sorry for my contribution. Genuinely feel awful about it. :puppy:

you owe me a mislynch :hugs:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention]

how imperative is it we lynch a scum/loner today? I feel like our numbers are going down (esp if there was a kill last night and we're just not informed of it because of the realm we're in atm).
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

someone speak to me about Marmot. I only town read him in Vocaroo, but it's hard to compare a vocaroo performance with typed mafia performance. I feel something is missing in his play here. Can't quite put my finger on it yet, but I'll ISO him later and have a look.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

[mention]Ermac[/mention]

In your opinion, who among Wilgy, Dunya and Simon is most likely town and who is most likely scum?

I don't want reasoning unless you just happen to have a full case that hasn't been discussed ready. Just names.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention]

In your opinion, who among Wilgy, Dunya and Simon is most likely town and who is most likely scum?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 440

Post by speedchuck »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:11 am
speedchuck wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:08 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:01 am Speedchuck is scum
:suspish:
You are suspicious of the dead townie? Okay scummy.

I've been using this as a frustrated face for a year now.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 113

Post by rabbit8 »

nutella wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:59 pm Nothing rabbit says is worth taking seriously. Especially if he's unfamiliar with Jay as a player.
WTF? How is this? Like reading the thread is a waste of time? And baddies apparently don't like to play mafia anymore. If so whats the fucking point?

Take my thoughts lightly, fine. But JJJ was up to no good last night IMO. :eye:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:48 pm Just kidding. That's an unfair summary, though Jimmy is winning the Jimmy Rabbit face off.
:shrug: I think you're bad I would assume you would offhandedly defend JJJ and claim I was losing, par for the course.
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:49 pm I doubt Jay killed me. He was my top town read. Literally any other combination of players in this game would have had reason to kill me on Night 1.
Yeah, thats a fucking glaring reason to kill you. So you know, he could come out and say, hey, why would I kill Sloo. Like he fucking did the second I accused him of being bad. :ponder:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:35 pm
rabbit8 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:30 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:51 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:46 am Generally yes but in this context in particular? You genuinely feel that the average player is more likely to seek out alternative ways to play the game as a civvie than mafia?
In a vacuum, absolutely yes. Mafia members slank off more in general, and when the universe hands them an excuse to do it free of judgment, many of them are going to be very pleased -- even those who've been under some pressure. Also consider the character of Quin's involvement in this period of connectivity issues: is he merely fending off accusations and assure survival, or is he attempting to solve the game?
JJJ, your agenda is clear. The mafia are slackers and don't post.

They are exactly the opposite of you and your posting restriction. :rolleyes:

Like me, I'm a slacker cause I didn't post when you expected me too, right? Yeah, right.
You're spewing diarrhea. Tell me why I killed this guy:
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:25 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:09 pm Also, Sloonei is a lock civilian and I'm done sorting his alignment for the remainder of the game.
So's Jay. Watching you try to keep yourself within your self-imposed restriction is fun.
Sloonei wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:17 pm Jay is still my #1 town read.
Sloonei wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:22 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:18 pm
Interesting. I was going to actually ask you for your opinion but you have given it anyway.

Why?
He's oozing with sincerity, there's emotion in his dialogue with Jack that I don't think would be there if he was bad, and his self-imposed post cap is something he could easily milk if he drew a scum role. Instead he seems to be struggling against it. Not to mention the alignment of his thoughts with mine in more than one place.
Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:25 pm Food for thought: Jay reads me better than any other mafia player on Earth. I will arrogantly claim that I read him better than any other mafia player on Earth. We've both called each other "lock town reads" already in this game. How do people feel about this?
Top green
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:48 pm
rabbit8 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:43 pm Is your posting restriction over JJJ? Are you done lecturing on how baddies are lazy incompatant boobs and reading the thread is a waste of time?
Yes that ship sailed a while ago. If you really care about that posting restriction you can learn all about it right here. You can also see plenty of squeaky alignment-free chatter on how much I think bad guys tend to slank off. I also think that time spent reading thousands of posts is often better spent simply interacting in real-time. That portion doesn't have to amount to suspicion, it is philosophical. However, I have seen bad guys hide behind their periods of "catching up" to excuse their lack of contribution.

You don't agree? Well jolly for you.

I'm very jolly. You seem to be the one who is upset I called you out. You got hyper defensive. What you think time is better spent on and what I do is obviously not the same, to use it as a scum read is absurd.

You've seen bad guys blah blah blah, have you seen me do it? Has anyone seen me do it? Have you asked the multitude of players who have seen me play is if hide behind excuses like these lame players who apparently do it all the time. No you jumped on the first thing you could to get a bad read on me while claiming WIFOM defense of why would I kill the guy who reads me as town bullshit defense.

So you usually just assume players meta without actually discussing it? That's not what I've seen of you in the thread. Jumping to conclusions seems out of character from the rereads I've done on you the last day. :hugs:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Where's Glorf??????????????? :(
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

dunya wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:21 am Jackofhearts2005

I posted a rainbow list didn't I? :keys:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 225
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

rabbit8 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:25 am
nutella wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:59 pm Nothing rabbit says is worth taking seriously. Especially if he's unfamiliar with Jay as a player.
WTF? How is this? Like reading the thread is a waste of time? And baddies apparently don't like to play mafia anymore. If so whats the fucking point?

Take my thoughts lightly, fine. But JJJ was up to no good last night IMO. :eye:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:48 pm Just kidding. That's an unfair summary, though Jimmy is winning the Jimmy Rabbit face off.
:shrug: I think you're bad I would assume you would offhandedly defend JJJ and claim I was losing, par for the course.
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:49 pm I doubt Jay killed me. He was my top town read. Literally any other combination of players in this game would have had reason to kill me on Night 1.
Yeah, thats a fucking glaring reason to kill you. So you know, he could come out and say, hey, why would I kill Sloo. Like he fucking did the second I accused him of being bad. :ponder:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:35 pm
rabbit8 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:30 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:51 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:46 am Generally yes but in this context in particular? You genuinely feel that the average player is more likely to seek out alternative ways to play the game as a civvie than mafia?
In a vacuum, absolutely yes. Mafia members slank off more in general, and when the universe hands them an excuse to do it free of judgment, many of them are going to be very pleased -- even those who've been under some pressure. Also consider the character of Quin's involvement in this period of connectivity issues: is he merely fending off accusations and assure survival, or is he attempting to solve the game?
JJJ, your agenda is clear. The mafia are slackers and don't post.

They are exactly the opposite of you and your posting restriction. :rolleyes:

Like me, I'm a slacker cause I didn't post when you expected me too, right? Yeah, right.
You're spewing diarrhea. Tell me why I killed this guy:
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:25 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:09 pm Also, Sloonei is a lock civilian and I'm done sorting his alignment for the remainder of the game.
So's Jay. Watching you try to keep yourself within your self-imposed restriction is fun.
Sloonei wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:22 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:18 pm
Interesting. I was going to actually ask you for your opinion but you have given it anyway.

Why?
He's oozing with sincerity, there's emotion in his dialogue with Jack that I don't think would be there if he was bad, and his self-imposed post cap is something he could easily milk if he drew a scum role. Instead he seems to be struggling against it. Not to mention the alignment of his thoughts with mine in more than one place.
Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:25 pm Food for thought: Jay reads me better than any other mafia player on Earth. I will arrogantly claim that I read him better than any other mafia player on Earth. We've both called each other "lock town reads" already in this game. How do people feel about this?
Top green
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:48 pm
rabbit8 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:43 pm Is your posting restriction over JJJ? Are you done lecturing on how baddies are lazy incompatant boobs and reading the thread is a waste of time?
Yes that ship sailed a while ago. If you really care about that posting restriction you can learn all about it right here. You can also see plenty of squeaky alignment-free chatter on how much I think bad guys tend to slank off. I also think that time spent reading thousands of posts is often better spent simply interacting in real-time. That portion doesn't have to amount to suspicion, it is philosophical. However, I have seen bad guys hide behind their periods of "catching up" to excuse their lack of contribution.

You don't agree? Well jolly for you.

I'm very jolly. You seem to be the one who is upset I called you out. You got hyper defensive. What you think time is better spent on and what I do is obviously not the same, to use it as a scum read is absurd.

You've seen bad guys blah blah blah, have you seen me do it? Has anyone seen me do it? Have you asked the multitude of players who have seen me play is if hide behind excuses like these lame players who apparently do it all the time. No you jumped on the first thing you could to get a bad read on me while claiming WIFOM defense of why would I kill the guy who reads me as town bullshit defense.

So you usually just assume players meta without actually discussing it? That's not what I've seen of you in the thread. Jumping to conclusions seems out of character from the rereads I've done on you the last day. :hugs:
What else is a player supposed to say to accusation like that?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 225
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Sorry, I was responding to the part of that post that was directed at me. I just woke up and am on my phone.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

my rainbow that's not a rainbow but a GTH that includes neutral list.

good feelings
dunya
Glorfindel
Jackofhearts2005
JaggedJimmyJay
Kylemii
lapluie
Long Con
MacDougall - Lynched Day 1 - Scorpion
rabbit8
sig - Lynched Day 2 - Kabal
Sloonei - Killed Night 1

neutral feelings
Dave - who?
Dom (seriously? he's been inactive in almost every game I have played in. :disappoint: )
DrWilgy - I have cases for and against Wilgy, leaning more town, haven't made my mind up yet but probably town.
Elohcin* I don't think Eloh is scum, but she might be an independent. She really hasn't pinged me so much, but that's because she has been pretty quiet and unlike her games in Mountains or Vocaroo. Has she been an independent before on here?
Made - unmemorable? leaning town, but really unmemorable.
Quin too many weirdness to be scum atm. I don't know. Probably town tbh.
TonyStarkPrime - not sure where to place him. he's a real neutral read for me atm. I liked his response to speed's accusations against him. Put him slightly higher up in my neutrals

bad feelings
Marmot - holding back, something seems amiss.
nutella - reminds me of search for quin nutella
Simon - not impressed by his contributions.
speedchuck - feels like he's trying too hard to look town. It's not appearing effortless. Like hey "look at what I'm trying to do". Could be scum or loner. I have to ISO today to see how I feel because some posts even those directed towards me look townie posts, but I'm very wary of speed so...
novaselinenever - not sure how I feel about tightlipped players. Reminds me of RadicalFuzz last game. Don't like it, leaning anti-town.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:26 am
dunya wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:21 am Jackofhearts2005

I posted a rainbow list didn't I? :keys:
Your rainbow has us all in red. I'm challenging that list and if you had to GTH read us now, allowing for one SCUM, one NEUTRAL and one TOWN--what would your list look like? Go.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Hey sloonei. You were a nightkill, so we don't know your role. Why not check with the host and see if you can reveal it? Worth a shot?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Ermac wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:40 am As we said, we are committed totally to The Order of Light. We believe that we know the identity of the Outworld’s target last night and if correct, we know the identity of the brave member of the Order of Light who disrupted their evil machinations. You are correct though, that knowledge may not be so useful.

We also may possess other knowledge that may ultimately prove beneficial to the Order but that is not for us to reveal now.
are you town-aligned or mafia-aligned, Ermac?

when will you reveal this knowledge? in this day phase?

is your appearance the reason why the nightkill was hidden?
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 113

Post by rabbit8 »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:33 am Sorry, I was responding to the part of that post that was directed at me. I just woke up and am on my phone.
I figured. I never asked him to defend himself against a stupid throw away comment like "JJJ killed Sloo."

But he felt the need to say why would I kill someone who was my biggest support. LOLOLOLOL. Like you being his biggest support is not a reason.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 612
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

rabbit8 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:58 am
Sloonei wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:33 am Sorry, I was responding to the part of that post that was directed at me. I just woke up and am on my phone.
I figured. I never asked him to defend himself against a stupid throw away comment like "JJJ killed Sloo."

But he felt the need to say why would I kill someone who was my biggest support. LOLOLOLOL. Like you being his biggest support is not a reason.
It's a valid question. When your only answer is "HAHA because now you can ask me that question!", you're playing in a world of meaningless WIFOM and have no actual grounds for shit. You cannot tell me in meaningful terms why I'd kill Sloonei because it'd be stupid for me to kill Sloonei.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

My sweet, fuzzy Jaybear doesn't like the bunny wabbit.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

rabbit8 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:25 am I'm very jolly. You seem to be the one who is upset I called you out. You got hyper defensive. What you think time is better spent on and what I do is obviously not the same, to use it as a scum read is absurd.

I haven't seen you do anything. I have hardly played with you. And you know what? You have hardly played with me. Do you know anything about my style? Do you have the first clue? I am not allowed to accuse you of things I find suspicious at face value "because I don't know your meta", all the while you are accusing me of things you claim to find suspicious at face value while clearly not knowing my meta.

Have you asked anyone how JJJ plays mafia? Nutella just shit in your Corn Flakes because you don't know how I play Mafia. What's the difference, bunny rabbit?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

dunya wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:03 am My sweet, fuzzy Jaybear doesn't like the bunny wabbit.
Why does dunya like him?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:03 am
rabbit8 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:25 am I'm very jolly. You seem to be the one who is upset I called you out. You got hyper defensive. What you think time is better spent on and what I do is obviously not the same, to use it as a scum read is absurd.

I haven't seen you do anything. I have hardly played with you. And you know what? You have hardly played with me. Do you know anything about my style? Do you have the first clue? I am not allowed to accuse you of things I find suspicious at face value "because I don't know your meta", all the while you are accusing me of things you claim to find suspicious at face value while clearly not knowing my meta.

Have you asked anyone how JJJ plays mafia? Nutella just shit in your Corn Flakes because you don't know how I play Mafia. What's the difference, bunny rabbit?
apart from his shit case against you and arrogant defense of it, do you have a reason to suspect him?

cos, I'm relating to rabbit8 atm. People all up in my biz over sig. :disappoint:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

dunya wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:08 am
apart from his shit case against you and arrogant defense of it, do you have a reason to suspect him?
[/quote]

He overreacted to being included in a 5-player GTH scum list and is now trying to discredit everything I say with absolute trash.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:03 am Have you asked anyone how JJJ plays mafia? Nutella just shit in your Corn Flakes because you don't know how I play Mafia. What's the difference, bunny rabbit?
Much as I might agree, I don't like ignoring players that don't know the meta. Plenty of observations, valuable ones, can be made without meta.
I remember when meta was just another avenue of analysis, rather than the only one. But I see a lot more meta analysis than anything else this game.

That said, Jay's motivation to kill Sloonei isn't really meta. It's just assuming decent scumplay. JJJxSloonei is a hardcore ship, and so long as that ship floats, JJJ wouldn't be ramming an iceberg in Sloonei's port.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:06 am
dunya wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:03 am My sweet, fuzzy Jaybear doesn't like the bunny wabbit.
Why does dunya like him?
I feel he could have been a little more placid or amiable in his approach if he wanted to not cause a scene and draw so fucking much attention. He's causing many scenes and taking up much attention, most noticeably yours, one of the most vocal and valuable town assets we have. Those are good things in dunya's book.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

dunya wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:08 am apart from his shit case against you and arrogant defense of it, do you have a reason to suspect him?

cos, I'm relating to rabbit8 atm. People all up in my biz over sig. :disappoint:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:10 am He overreacted to being included in a 5-player GTH scum list and is now trying to discredit everything I say with absolute trash.
Actually, yeah, this is pretty similar to the thing with me, Dunya, and Quin. :ponder:

But I don't feel suspicious of Rabbit.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

dunya wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:09 am @JaggedJimmyJay

how imperative is it we lynch a scum/loner today? I feel like our numbers are going down (esp if there was a kill last night and we're just not informed of it because of the realm we're in atm).
The priority has to be Outworld, because that's the win condition. Assuming Sloonei was a civilian along with Mac and sig, I believe that leaves us in this position:

13 vs. 5 [vs.] 1+1

That should leave three mislynches before a MyLo phase, assuming one kill per night phase, no voting shenanigans, and no other unseen variables. A proper lynch today would be a big step forward. A mislynch wouldn't bring ruin, but it'd still suck plenty.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:10 am
dunya wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:08 am apart from his shit case against you and arrogant defense of it, do you have a reason to suspect him?
He overreacted to being included in a 5-player GTH scum list and is now trying to discredit everything I say with absolute trash.
does it seem like someone who just wants to save face, rather than admit he was maybe wrong...or does it seem like someone bad who is trying to push an agenda?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:10 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:03 am Have you asked anyone how JJJ plays mafia? Nutella just shit in your Corn Flakes because you don't know how I play Mafia. What's the difference, bunny rabbit?
Much as I might agree, I don't like ignoring players that don't know the meta. Plenty of observations, valuable ones, can be made without meta.
I remember when meta was just another avenue of analysis, rather than the only one. But I see a lot more meta analysis than anything else this game.
I agree. Meta is an asset, not a requirement.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

dunya wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:15 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:10 am
does it seem like someone who just wants to save face, rather than admit he was maybe wrong...or does it seem like someone bad who is trying to push an agenda?
I could see the former, but I'm not making that assumption. I've seen too many smarmy fucks flip scum.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm going to do an ISO or three. Find your grossest yellow read among the players who have posts and make a request.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:21 am I'm going to do an ISO or three. Find your grossest yellow read among the players who have posts and make a request.
you can do speedchuck. and nutella. thanks babe. xxx
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I want to know if I am tinfoiling speed.

and I just want someone else to tell me I'm right about nutella.
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Day 1]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:08 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:04 pm I went looking for the reason why I have a single vote. Here it is:
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:04 am So I can’t figure out how to ISO him and I’m on mobile so everything might be a little clunky, but basically I was reading Made and Sloonei as w/w. Sloonei talked about Made with others but never directly as far as I can tell, which seems weird.
This is an inaccurate observation. I've talked directly with Made a bunch in this game. Granted, a big chunk of that came after this vote was placed (Starting here), but that doesn't mean I didn't try to engage with Made prior to that. Look here, here, here, and here. I've spent a lot of energy in this game trying to talk to Made, but I was unsuccessful until last night because he simply wasn't in the thread or wasn't giving me the answers I was looking for. But we were both here and he gave me good answers last night.
I talked about Made a lot because I thought he was a good lightning rod for conversation and anyone who was in the thread during Day 0/early Day 1 should have been able to read him in some way.

As for ISOs on mobile, we don't have a direct link to that for some reason. But Epi has updated the player list in Post #3 to include links to all of our ISOs. There is a direct ISO link on the desktop display.

I need to stop letting this game distract me now.
I don’t think it’s really inaccurate. You did present yourself as trying to talk to Made but there wasn’t anything until after I posted that read. That said, I’m inclined to move my vote off you but not until I catch up.
I'm looking at TSP, and this post bears a similar function to Quin's concession on his lapluie suspicion. TSP conceded on his early Sloonei suspicion as he became more familiar with the thread, and while his language may be more laborious and less Quin, the product is essentially the same. If mafia-TSP's objective is to smear Sloonei, or to look authentic by going against the grain, then I don't see how jumping ship like this progresses that agenda. I think it's a decent look.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Jobs”