JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 612
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Day 3]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

dunya wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:16 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:15 pm If I judge Simon's posts at face value, his only read is an assertion that BWT is bad (at a time when that player slot had no posts and there was no reason to assume BWT had even visited the website yet). That's not great.
Would a scum team coach Scum Simon on who to vote for BTS?
I agree with Wilgy. It depends upon who's there, and it also depends upon whether Simon is interested in being coached. I tend to be a coach. Many people don't.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 125
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Night 1]

Post by nutella »

speedchuck -- just a few choice selections because I don't have the patience to read his whole iso

Right after the mac lynch:
speedchuck wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:07 pm Huh.

I blame JJJ for this.
speedchuck wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:48 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:18 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:20 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:15 pm Bleeeeeeeh. @Mac lynch.
I'm definitely not sure how I feel about this post.

Some odd mixture of TMI, guessing your motive, wondering why you thought Kyle would be better, and being annoyed that you didn't make a stronger case on Kyle if you really wanted that lynch.
I think Mac was good and Kyle is bad. Also, lack of flip sucks. There's nothing else to it.

Ultimately, why did you vote for Mac?
The only good feels I have from Mac came from his hard-nosed style. Then I was told that he was like that as both alignments, so I went back to bleh on him.

Worse than Kylemii. Kyle's tone reads as town, though I'm still not seeing the civvie spark from him that I usually do. He 'shines' more in late game anyway, so I'm willing to give him more time.

I moved my vote from Wilgy to Mac so that I could commit, make a statement. I wanted my vote on the record, to weigh in on the choice even though my vote wasn't needed. Seems like a good thing to do, make my vote worth something on the record.
Ohh I don't like this. Especially those last couple sentences justifying his vote. I don't like it at all.
speedchuck wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:30 pm Rainbow of the remains

speedchuck
Glorfindel

Quin
lapluie
novaselinenever

Jackofhearts2005
JaggedJimmyJay
Kylemii

Rabbit8
Dom

Elohcin
Simon
Dave
Marmot
Made

Long Con
Simon
nutella

dunya
TonyStarkPrime
DrWilgy

linki: Because Epi submitted Kansas to the Syndicate Album of the Week last week, and I revealed that I am a huge Kansas fan. They are in my top 5 bands ever.

Uhh has anyone pointed out that Simon is on this list in two different places? :ponder: :suspish:
speedchuck wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:34 pm The Sig lynch was bad.
Dunya is bad for starting it.

1. Sig is always wishy-washy
2. Waffley behavior is a textbook EZ suspicion to put on mislynches, when it can really go both ways. Town can be genuinely uncertain as easily as mafia can be nervous
3. Sig couldn't defend easily, and this is a mostly brand-new suspicion. That's the reason I'd rather have gone with a D1 case. Now we're back to square one.
4. Sig's lynch gained momentum too easily. If half the scumteam wasn't on it, I will eat a Kansas CD.

Dunya replaced in, and her first action was to go through the thread, pick the easiest mislynch possible, and drive it home while Sig couldn't defend himself and no better cases could be made. Screw that.
This is phony af. Speed played Mountains. I don't believe that he believes dunya is bad for making the sig case.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 388

Post by Quin »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:46 pm mmmmmmm tell me about speedchuck
i feel like speedchuck's buddying the everliving fuck out of me but i dunno i kind of dig it
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:49 pm
dunya wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:16 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:15 pm If I judge Simon's posts at face value, his only read is an assertion that BWT is bad (at a time when that player slot had no posts and there was no reason to assume BWT had even visited the website yet). That's not great.
Would a scum team coach Scum Simon on who to vote for BTS?
I agree with Wilgy. It depends upon who's there, and it also depends upon whether Simon is interested in being coached. I tend to be a coach. Many people don't.
it's not so much an issue of coaching I think, for me it's more about the lack of vote post or explanation, if Simon were being directly coached in btsc to vote for sig then he'd have probably also been reminded to post something about it as well.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella, the first point you make re: speedchuck is a good one. That final paragraph describing his Mac vote is not tasty.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:47 pm
Kylemii wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:20 pm Thank you. Follow up question: Does the general tone of dunya's recent defenses effect your read on her in either direction?
I think her defenses specifically against the crap she's gotten re: siglynch recalls her handling of suspicion as George Costanza. The sock was George and is now Alpha (oh hey Kyle), but it's her. The relevant material is focused on pages 2 and 3 of her Seinfeld ISO.
this is also the conclusion that i've come to, the fact that you came to the same one makes me feel validated, I don't see myself voting for dunya today at this point in time.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 440

Post by speedchuck »

I'll explain the mac vote justification when I get home and am not phone posting. Expect righteous anger.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

[mention]MacDougall[/mention] [mention]sig[/mention] [mention]Sloonei[/mention] I don't believe any of you have answered the question of whether your votes actually count today. Maybe you don't know or aren't allowed to tell us? :sigh:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 34

Post by nutellaphant »

We are able to confirm two players as bona fide members of the Order of Light.
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Which 2?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

[mention]Ermac[/mention] I am curious as well. Especially in light of your previous comments.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 38

Post by sig »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:06 pm Hi Sig.

Sorry your dead. I still think your cute tho.
:blush:

You could come be dead with me. :beer:
ImageImage
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:30 pm @Ermac I am curious as well. Especially in light of your previous comments.
Thé time has not yet come. We believe too that members of the Order here should be far more concerned by those who have fallen silent in this realm.
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 218
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Marmot »

nutella wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:07 pm Glorfindel
lapluie
JaggedJimmyJay
rabbit8
Kylemii
Jackofhearts2005
Dom
dunya
Dave
Elohcin
Quin
Long Con
TonyStarkPrime

speedchuck
novaselinenever
Made
Simon
Marmot
DrWilgy

Ugh. This all feels more arbitrary than my D1 rainbow. :sigh:
Why do you group me with DrWilgy? We're not related. :mad:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

nutella wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:54 pm speedchuck -- just a few choice selections because I don't have the patience to read his whole iso

Right after the mac lynch:
speedchuck wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:07 pm Huh.

I blame JJJ for this.
speedchuck wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:48 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:18 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:20 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:15 pm Bleeeeeeeh. @Mac lynch.
I'm definitely not sure how I feel about this post.

Some odd mixture of TMI, guessing your motive, wondering why you thought Kyle would be better, and being annoyed that you didn't make a stronger case on Kyle if you really wanted that lynch.
I think Mac was good and Kyle is bad. Also, lack of flip sucks. There's nothing else to it.

Ultimately, why did you vote for Mac?
The only good feels I have from Mac came from his hard-nosed style. Then I was told that he was like that as both alignments, so I went back to bleh on him.

Worse than Kylemii. Kyle's tone reads as town, though I'm still not seeing the civvie spark from him that I usually do. He 'shines' more in late game anyway, so I'm willing to give him more time.

I moved my vote from Wilgy to Mac so that I could commit, make a statement. I wanted my vote on the record, to weigh in on the choice even though my vote wasn't needed. Seems like a good thing to do, make my vote worth something on the record.
Ohh I don't like this. Especially those last couple sentences justifying his vote. I don't like it at all.
Back home, baby. [mention]Macdougall[/mention] [mention]Nutella[/mention] [mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention]

So I'm going to take you guys on a trip down memory lane, since you want to look at this post out of the context it was in. I had been on Wilgy most of the day, as had a few others. Then the mac train started. And it got big, to 6-7 players. It was at this point that I moved my vote over.

Why did I do this? Why not leave it where it was? My vote was going to do nothing either way!

Untrue.

My vote is a statement of approval. If my vote isn't going to affect the lynch, heck, if I don't WANT to change the lynch, then there's no better place for it than ON the lynch train. I was around, I approved, so I voted. And when asked why, I said the above, in very plain terms. Because I don't consider that to be scummy behavior.

"But speedchuck, you were focusing on yourself! Only mafia care about that. Town care about hunting."
No. Townies put hunting first, other things second. I put my hunting first, and then when I was done for the day, I put down a stamp of approval on the lynch. I put it there for the same reason that I did NOT join the Sig lynch. And when asked, I didn't hide what I was trying to do. This was something I did on purpose, because I thought it was a good idea. Not some timid freaking "better join the lynch so they don't notice my vote" crap.

And for the record, if I stayed on Wilgy, and said that I had done so because I didn't want my vote on the lynch, people could have gotten onto me for that even more. "You didn't want your vote in the pile of mislynch analysis!" No.

The only difference between me and the other people that piled votes on a runaway lynch train, or who didn't vote, self-voted, or sequestered their vote away on an impossible lynch, is that I'm honest about what I'm doing. Go look at all the votes that didn't matter on those days, and ask yourself why those people weren't on a target that mattered, or at least campaigning for it.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:07 pm
And for the record, if I stayed on Wilgy, and said that I had done so because I didn't want my vote on the lynch, people could have gotten onto me for that even more. "You didn't want your vote in the pile of mislynch analysis!" No.
k vizzini
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Speed is town. This I believe. :noble:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Or at least Ermac.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

wait what do you mean "at least ermac"? what does ermac have to do with your speedchuck read?

I think speed's response sounds decently genuine apart from the glaringly wifomy bits. My problem with him is he always sounds genuine, and I think he's been bad or indie in most games I've played with him, so I don't have a great handle on differentiating his style across alignments at all.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:28 pm wait what do you mean "at least ermac"? what does ermac have to do with your speedchuck read?

I think speed's response sounds decently genuine apart from the glaringly wifomy bits. My problem with him is he always sounds genuine, and I think he's been bad or indie in most games I've played with him, so I don't have a great handle on differentiating his style across alignments at all.
Ermac is not mafia or (as far as we know) anti town. I don't know Speed is "town" but I strongly believe he is not bad.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Ermac wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:40 pm
Kylemii wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:30 pm @Ermac I am curious as well. Especially in light of your previous comments.
Thé time has not yet come. We believe too that members of the Order here should be far more concerned by those who have fallen silent in this realm.
You've spoken largely in generalities and I think I understand why. Is there a specific quiet player who you think would be better than the others to lynch today?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 225
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:07 pm @MacDougall @sig @Sloonei I don't believe any of you have answered the question of whether your votes actually count today. Maybe you don't know or aren't allowed to tell us? :sigh:
I believe our votes count.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:16 pm
Ermac wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:40 pm
You've spoken largely in generalities and I think I understand why. Is there a specific quiet player who you think would be better than the others to lynch today?
On an unrelated matter, we are led to understand there have been two lynchings so far this game; MacDougall and Sig. Both were lynched by a sizeable cohort and both were members of the Order. Do you think there is any value in determining whether there were any common denominators on both those wagons and taking that a step further, reviewing their lynch choices today?
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 226

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:07 pm @MacDougall @sig @Sloonei I don't believe any of you have answered the question of whether your votes actually count today. Maybe you don't know or aren't allowed to tell us? :sigh:
They count
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 226

Post by MacDougall »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:24 pm Speed is town. This I believe. :noble:
Wrong
lapluie
Moon Child
Posts in topic: 553

Post by lapluie »

hi everyone....
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

lapluie wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:59 pm hi everyone....
Talk to me about your suspects, lapluie! who are they? what makes them bad?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

or your town reads. who are they, and what makes them good?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:03 am
Dunya- voted sig right after tonystarkprime had most votes fo lynch, saved him so he won't be killed & end up killing a civilian
Simon- ??? Dodging questionares, givign little hope in defending himself at all, not trying enough. ( maybe this is drwilgy? ?) I dont know both still aren't even trying
Tonystark - dunya
Made- vanished after bein accused. Maybe he is playing the underground so nobody notices his movement.
Nova - hasn't really been givign more though in his votes. Seems to be just picking sides for a lynch to happen.
(?)
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

lapluie wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:21 am
Dunya- voted sig right after tonystarkprime had most votes fo lynch, saved him so he won't be killed & end up killing a civilian
Simon- ??? Dodging questionares, givign little hope in defending himself at all, not trying enough. ( maybe this is drwilgy? ?) I dont know both still aren't even trying
Tonystark - dunya
Made- vanished after bein accused. Maybe he is playing the underground so nobody notices his movement.
Nova - hasn't really been givign more though in his votes. Seems to be just picking sides for a lynch to happen.
(?)
Your suspicion of dunya seems to be contingent on TonyStarkPrime also being suspicious, but when explaining why Tony is suspicious, you only cite dunya's behavior. Is Tony a suspect if dunya isn't in this game?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:29 am
Tonystark - dunya
(?)
Your suspicion of dunya seems to be contingent on TonyStarkPrime also being suspicious, but when explaining why Tony is suspicious, you only cite dunya's behavior. Is Tony a suspect if dunya isn't in this game?
The whole she tried to save him as he's partnered up with her is mainly why, nothing else. He hasn't contributed in anything today. not very strong defense but that's what I'm going off of.
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

lapluie wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:59 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:29 am
Tonystark - dunya
(?)
The whole she tried to save him as he's partnered up with her is mainly why, nothing else. He hasn't contributed in anything today. not very strong defense but that's what I'm going off of.
what makes you feel that she tried to save tony, rather than that she was genuinely suspicious of sig?

also, do you have any strong town reads?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention] You are without question a member of the Order of Light (your identity now having been revealed). We appeal to you (for the good of the entire Order of Light) to put forth the outcome of your deliberations on the following question:

Were you Mafia, who would likely have been the top 5 targets for your last night kill and (briefly) why would you have selected each? We await your considered response.
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Ermac wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:12 am @Sloonei You are without question a member of the Order of Light (your identity now having been revealed). We appeal to you (for the good of the entire Order of Light) to put forth the outcome of your deliberations on the following question:

Were you Mafia, who would likely have been the top 5 targets for your last night kill and (briefly) why would you have selected each? We await your considered response.
I'm really not in a position to answer this. I only loosely followed along during Day 2, with absolutely no effort toward deciphering the curses. So it was truly chaos to me. I loved it, but it wasn't anything I could develop any reads from. My work schedule and other mafia commitments have sapped me of my ability to make a big impact on this game during my brief window of participation. I can really only comment on things that are placed directly in front of me.
which reminds me that dunya did that earlier, but I was busy and totally ignored her.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Or at least I thought I ignored her. I can't see any such thing, so I only thought I ignored dunya.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:18 am
Ermac wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:12 am @Sloonei You are without question a member of the Order of Light (your identity now having been revealed). We appeal to you (for the good of the entire Order of Light) to put forth the outcome of your deliberations on the following question:

I'm really not in a position to answer this. I only loosely followed along during Day 2, with absolutely no effort toward deciphering the curses. So it was truly chaos to me. I loved it, but it wasn't anything I could develop any reads from. My work schedule and other mafia commitments have sapped me of my ability to make a big impact on this game during my brief window of participation. I can really only comment on things that are placed directly in front of me.
which reminds me that dunya did that earlier, but I was busy and totally ignored her.
I am sorry that your are unable to accomodate our request but given your circumstances and we wish not to impose too heavily upon you, may we pose our question another way?

Were you Mafia, what factors would you have considered or would’ve influenced your decision in arriving at a night kill target?

This question (the original one about the identity of 5 likely night kill targets) is open to anyone to answer but it is your response Master Sloonei upon which we await.
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Strong town reads at the time of my death were Jay, lapluie, Made, and I think Kyle, but I don't remember why on him. I also felt good about Quin and had a very slight town read on wilgy.

I would not be surprised if one of Dave or navaselinenever is bad. Speedchuck is a player I'm always unjustly cautious of because I hosted him in Pirates and he had me doubting that I'd actually sent him a scum rolecard for a bit. I also had some doubts about Jack at some point, but I forget why.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Oh and Glorfindel is town. Duh.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Ermac wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:24 am

I am sorry that your are unable to accomodate our request but given your circumstances and we wish not to impose too heavily upon you, may we pose our question another way?

Were you Mafia, what factors would you have considered or would’ve influenced your decision in arriving at a night kill target?

This question (the original one about the identity of 5 likely night kill targets) is open to anyone to answer but it is your response Master Sloonei upon which we await.
Generally I try to go for players who would be difficult to push a lynch against, but whose death would not present a clear line back to myself or my teammates. In a game like this, I would also want to factor in potential role and game mechanics. I think my death on Night 1 indicates that the scum team was interested in removing a player with a lot of town credibility. I would not be surprised if they opted to pursue the same angle again on Night 2.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:30 am
Ermac wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:24 am

Generally I try to go for players who would be difficult to push a lynch against, but whose death would not present a clear line back to myself or my teammates. In a game like this, I would also want to factor in potential role and game mechanics. I think my death on Night 1 indicates that the scum team was interested in removing a player with a lot of town credibility. I would not be surprised if they opted to pursue the same angle again on Night 2.
Well done, Master Sloonei. We thank you for your assistance.
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

We are now in a position to reveal some of what we know about the events of this realm. The Mafia night kill target last night was indeed your fair Elven prince.
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Ermac wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:46 am We are now in a position to reveal some of what we know about the events of this realm. The Mafia night kill target last night was indeed your fair Elven prince.
This would make sense.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Ermac wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:59 pmOn an unrelated matter, we are led to understand there have been two lynchings so far this game; MacDougall and Sig. Both were lynched by a sizeable cohort and both were members of the Order. Do you think there is any value in determining whether there were any common denominators on both those wagons and taking that a step further, reviewing their lynch choices today?
Hmm....I'll follow you down this road....

Voters for Mac: speedchuck, Kylemii, Made, JaggedJimmyJay, Sloonei, Long Con

Sig voters: dunya, nutella, JaggedJimmyJay, Long Con, Kylemii, Jackofhearts2005, Simon

The players in common here are: me, Long Con, and JaggedJimmyJay

Jay is now voting for novaselinever, he's also pushed a lot of players independently. LC hasn't really expressed intentions of who he would vote for since the chaos day, other than a short list for Tony's "build the perfect scumteam" excercise, I am still in the process of deciding where my vote will go.

Idk. To answer your question, I don't generally spend time on deep votal analysis until after the first scum is caught.

I actually still don't know what you were trying to get me to see here but you have brought to attention that both of LC's votes in this game so far were for players who were already getting lynched because of cases made by someone else, for players he'd never mentioned before.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 364

Post by dunya »

screwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww that. "hi everyone...." my ass.

Voting for you.

I asked you TWICE while you were online to clarify a very important part of your case against me, and you disappeared and came back and stayed on and then disappeared and then came back and then disappeared for good and came back to say "hi everyone" ?

Answer the following:
dunya wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:21 pm
lapluie wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:21 pm @dunya if nutella gets lynched tomorrow & is town, what should we do with you?
Why are you lynching nutella?
what the fuck was the purpose of that ^ how relieved were you that nutella butted in and saved your ass from replying?
dunya wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:49 pm
lapluie wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:46 pm I'm lynching you now hunni, not tony right now that is. What's gonna happen? I'll tell you
You'll die as mafia & I would have some sweet victory, if that's not the case, oops. ( which I'm fairly confident in)

You mislynched two players so if I lead town now & we lynch you I think we'll have a successful kill.

IF hypothetically speaking im wrong, & they decide to kill me is unfair since you've been having wrong reads on the last two kills, anyways im putting that out there.

That's all I got dunya
Two players, huh? Mind refreshing my memory on who the second is?

Someone's not been paying attention :disappoint:
dunya wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:02 pm I still want lapluie to tell me more about this second player I mysteriously killed without realizing I did it though. Like, who it was.
^ go on, answer those.

Until you address the above, you've getting lynched lap, because you're currently full of diarrhea.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 364

Post by dunya »

lapluie is either bad, blatantly lying in her casing of me, or a very bad caser in general. Perhaps [mention]Sloonei[/mention] and [mention]Quin[/mention] can tell me what they think of lap's above posts and general hounding of me. Is this civ lap or scum lap?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think lapluie has said things that look suspicious at face value, but she has done so with a tone that I read as authentic. She strikes me as the token civilian that everyone can easily suspect if they want to who ends up flipping civilian. Actually, I read her as I would have sometimes read sig in past games. Unfortunately not this one. :blush:

Broading dunya's question to Sloonei and Quin: I feel disarmed by her candor. Do you think that should that concern me?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The best evidence that dunya is a civilian: she's already third in the post count rank. :eek:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I haven't got any idea how to read lapluie's cases, dunya. I went through some games we've played (I'd link them but we don't have proper ISO's over there, you can have links if you really want them). My immediate observation is that she has a lot more to say overall compared to the shorter comments we're seeing here, both as town and as scum. I don't think it's alignment indicative. I think she's more likely intimidated and struggling to get her feet on the ground; the personalities here are definitely a different sort than our other site.

And I don't think so 3J. I've seen plenty of that before.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Another way of putting it is that if you consider Sloonei and I as high paced, quality posters, lapluie is usually only a few tiers down from there.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:10 am And I don't think so 3J. I've seen plenty of that before.
Tell me about it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Jobs”