60%

Total votes: 15
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 388

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Day 3]

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:13 am
Quin wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:10 am And I don't think so 3J. I've seen plenty of that before.
Tell me about it.
I'll pull some snippets from my makeshift ISO. I'll get back to you.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 218
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:50 am I think lapluie has said things that look suspicious at face value, but she has done so with a tone that I read as authentic. She strikes me as the token civilian that everyone can easily suspect if they want to who ends up flipping civilian. Actually, I read her as I would have sometimes read sig in past games. Unfortunately not this one. :blush:

Broading dunya's question to Sloonei and Quin: I feel disarmed by her candor. Do you think that should that concern me?
How often to players suspect other player because they want to? That's not organic.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 612
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I voted for Marmot. Looking at Page 2 of his ISO, I make the following observations and assertions:

~ He did perhaps the least with his curse to communicate meaningfully, and if his curse was just "use quotes of other players" he should have had plenty of ways to be more productive with that.

~ He did nothing to progress his understanding of the game other than gripe about my suspicion of him until he arrived at this question to dunya:
Marmot wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:31 pm Dunya, on a day when players could not properly defend themselves, why did you want to lynch a player who was talking and could defend themselves later rather than a player who wasn't here?
There is opportunism here, as the thread climate has worsened for dunya -- and the question he poses to her really can be asked to anyone who voted for any player other than a player who wasn't here, as he implies was the preferable option. I also find that premise to be nonsense. You lynch a suspect, you don't hand out free passes because 20 people are cursed.

He is pissfarting around, and not in a way that evokes mental imagery of that fun-loving civilian Marmot we all hold close to our hearts.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Marmot wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:18 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:50 am I think lapluie has said things that look suspicious at face value, but she has done so with a tone that I read as authentic. She strikes me as the token civilian that everyone can easily suspect if they want to who ends up flipping civilian. Actually, I read her as I would have sometimes read sig in past games. Unfortunately not this one. :blush:

Broading dunya's question to Sloonei and Quin: I feel disarmed by her candor. Do you think that should that concern me?
How often to players suspect other player because they want to? That's not organic.
I happens a non-zero amount I think, though that dwells in the philosophical realm more than the realm of what matters in this game. I do believe that civilians can sometimes want to suspect players because they do weird things or say weird things -- it's a matter of finding a comfort zone in a game that makes one's insides tense up with anxiety. "Oh, there's a reason I can suspect a person. It seems logical. Cool." *votes and finds something less stressful to do*
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 226

Post by MacDougall »

Speedchuck is still scum
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Here's two quotes from lepluie as civ and scum respectively.
Any lasts words you have to say MrTransformer? I have to go now but by the time i come back you're wham bam gone poof.
Yeah lol cause you & cosmetickiss didn't gang up on the first day too??? Ohhh you both are soo not suspects
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:26 am Here's two quotes from lepluie as civ and scum respectively.
Any lasts words you have to say MrTransformer? I have to go now but by the time i come back you're wham bam gone poof.
Yeah lol cause you & cosmetickiss didn't gang up on the first day too??? Ohhh you both are soo not suspects
Oh, I thought you were talking about my dunya post count comment.

I don't quite follow you here with regard to the examples you're providing. What do these represent about lapluie?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:28 am
Quin wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:26 am Here's two quotes from lepluie as civ and scum respectively.
Oh, I thought you were talking about my dunya post count comment.

I don't quite follow you here with regard to the examples you're providing. What do these represent about lapluie?
I thought you were talking about her bluntness. I was giving you a meta reference to that. :blush:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

though admittedly i did have to google the definition of the word candor :ninja:
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 218
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:18 am ~ He did perhaps the least with his curse to communicate meaningfully, and if his curse was just "use quotes of other players" he should have had plenty of ways to be more productive with that.
I could only quote posts from Mountain Mafia. Also, your assertion that one player did less than another with their curse is conjecture. I spent an uncomfortable amount of time searching through posts in that game for useful things to say.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Marmot wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:33 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:18 am ~ He did perhaps the least with his curse to communicate meaningfully, and if his curse was just "use quotes of other players" he should have had plenty of ways to be more productive with that.
I could only quote posts from Mountain Mafia. Also, your assertion that one player did less than another with their curse is conjecture. I spent an uncomfortable amount of time searching through posts in that game for useful things to say.
Who's bad?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:30 am I thought you were talking about her bluntness. I was giving you a meta reference to that. :blush:
Oh I see. I do think she is blunt, though the "disarming" quality goes a bit deeper -- I think that even in her lower-content posts she looked earnest in her effort to be a part of this thread and relevant in the collective effort. It doesn't speak to the substance of her hunting effort, which I would call lacking, but rather to the impression it gives me at face value.

I am wondering if she gives of good vibes like that in all of her games by default.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Quin wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:31 am though admittedly i did have to google the definition of the word candor :ninja:
Mmmmmlooks like somebody hasn't read all four books of the divergent series by critically-acclaimed young adult novel author veronica roth *nerd voice*

:ike:
lapluie
Moon Child
Posts in topic: 553

Post by lapluie »

Go ahead vote me hunni
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:40 am
Quin wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:30 am I thought you were talking about her bluntness. I was giving you a meta reference to that. :blush:
Oh I see. I do think she is blunt, though the "disarming" quality goes a bit deeper -- I think that even in her lower-content posts she looked earnest in her effort to be a part of this thread and relevant in the collective effort. It doesn't speak to the substance of her hunting effort, which I would call lacking, but rather to the impression it gives me at face value.

I am wondering if she gives of good vibes like that in all of her games by default.
This game is frustrating =/
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

lapluie wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:00 am

Most games are, my friend. :consoling:

Can you tell me what you think of the following players:

Jackofhearts2005
Quin
JaggedJimmyJay
Kylemii
speedchuck

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:02 am
lapluie wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:00 am

Most games are, my friend. :consoling:

Can you tell me what you think of the following players:

Jackofhearts2005 -neutral
Quin good
JaggedJimmyJay good
Kylemii I dont know
speedchuck neutral
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

lapluie wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:11 amJackofhearts2005 -neutral
Quin good
JaggedJimmyJay good
Kylemii I dont know
speedchuck neutral
what's the difference in this context between "i don't know" and "neutral"
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 125
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Jay I have to say I strongly disagree with the assertion that Marmot did the least to communicate effectively with his curse. Wilgy did practically zero with his, as did Simon and Elohcin (not that any of these players have actually said anything outside of the chaos day either). I felt that Marmot actually used some of his quotes to express opinions and sentiments relevant to the discussion.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:17 am
Quin good
JaggedJimmyJay good
Kylemii I dont know
speedchuck neutral
I dotn know
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

marmot is self voting
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:18 am Jay I have to say I strongly disagree with the assertion that Marmot did the least to communicate effectively with his curse. Wilgy did practically zero with his, as did Simon and Elohcin (not that any of these players have actually said anything outside of the chaos day either). I felt that Marmot actually used some of his quotes to express opinions and sentiments relevant to the discussion.
I should clarify that in terms of pure quantity, he probably did do more than the three you mentioned. I think those people have done nothing in general, and I don't feel Marmot did much despite making numerous cursed posts. A lot of cursed posts with minimal function doesn't do much for me.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

lapluie wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:20 am
Kylemii wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:17 am
Quin good
JaggedJimmyJay good
Kylemii I dont know
speedchuck neutral
I dotn know
What do you like about Quin and I?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 147

Post by Glorfindel »

OK, Guys - sorry, I’ve been somewhat preoccupied with other things since the start of this Day phase. I’m going to take some time to catch up but I just noticed this:
Kylemii wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:33 am marmot is self voting
A good friend of mine whom I respect enormously once told me that a true Townie NEVER self votes. If you’re Town, there is no one else in the game ‘townier’ than you. Consequently, I’d be suspicious of our Marmot for doing that.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:25 am Speedchuck is still scum
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Don't dishonor the memory of my life by ignoring my pleas. Take vengeance for me.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 152

Post by Elohcin »

Sorry guys, I am on my third day of a horrible migraine and very little sleep. I have asked for a replacement, but Epi says there are none. I will do my best. I have my computer on its lowest brightness setting. we'll see.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 225
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:10 am I haven't got any idea how to read lapluie's cases, dunya. I went through some games we've played (I'd link them but we don't have proper ISO's over there, you can have links if you really want them). My immediate observation is that she has a lot more to say overall compared to the shorter comments we're seeing here, both as town and as scum. I don't think it's alignment indicative. I think she's more likely intimidated and struggling to get her feet on the ground; the personalities here are definitely a different sort than our other site.

And I don't think so 3J. I've seen plenty of that before.
Ditto. She's never played a game with this much volume and this many wacky things goig on. Her attitude, I think, reflects a lapluie who's going at it indepdently, which means no BTSC partners, which means not scum. I would stick by my town read of her.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 113

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Night 2]

Post by rabbit8 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:33 pm
dunya wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:24 pm enough talk about my balls, give me 5 goodies and 7 baddies, Jay.
I've omitted Glorfindel who is obvious and yourself because I just talked about you.

Good pile:
Kylemii
lapluie
Jackofhearts2005
speedchuck
Elohcin

Ungood pile:
DrWilgy
Marmot
Dave
novaselinenever
rabbit8
Made
Long Con

Why is Eloh good?
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

nutella wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:18 am Jay I have to say I strongly disagree with the assertion that Marmot did the least to communicate effectively with his curse. Wilgy did practically zero with his, as did Simon and Elohcin (not that any of these players have actually said anything outside of the chaos day either). I felt that Marmot actually used some of his quotes to express opinions and sentiments relevant to the discussion.
:nicenod:
MacDougall wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:50 am Don't dishonor the memory of my life by ignoring my pleas. Take vengeance for me.
I agree with you....

I got my :eye: on:

JJJ,
Speedchuck,
Made,
Nutella,
Jack, and Kyle.

LC?
Simon?
Dave?
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

I'm thinking Dunya vs Quinn is civ vs civ.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:57 am The best evidence that dunya is a civilian: she's already third in the post count rank. :eek:
What do you think of the fact that Bob was suspicious of me in Pirates but felt he couldn't push on me because of my high activity level.

I was bad. Is this idea just as bad?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:37 pm Image
Jack do you believe Simon would make a better lynch than the likes of nova, lc, or eloh?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:15 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:37 pm Image
Jack do you believe Simon would make a better lynch than the likes of nova, lc, or eloh?
For sure. Wilgy is the only player I think has a comparably high chance of being bad.
Long Con
So Divine
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Day 2]

Post by Long Con »

sig wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:18 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:27 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:34 pm The Sig lynch was bad.
Dunya is bad for starting it.

1. Sig is always wishy-washy
2. Waffley behavior is a textbook EZ suspicion to put on mislynches, when it can really go both ways. Town can be genuinely uncertain as easily as mafia can be nervous
3. Sig couldn't defend easily, and this is a mostly brand-new suspicion. That's the reason I'd rather have gone with a D1 case. Now we're back to square one.
4. Sig's lynch gained momentum too easily. If half the scumteam wasn't on it, I will eat a Kansas CD.

Dunya replaced in, and her first action was to go through the thread, pick the easiest mislynch possible, and drive it home while Sig couldn't defend himself and no better cases could be made. Screw that.
I don't recall voting for sig because he was wishy-washy. Dunya's case was the best thing I could make sense of in that thread, plus it even had an extra flavour of sig buddying me, which I'm most always partial to. I practically tied nutella for being the second voter, seemed like she was mere seconds ahead of me in both the vote and the vote-post. Don't know if that info is relevant to you, but that's how it happened.
So Dunya's case was good, which included me flipflopping on my opinion of you which she found scummy, yet you also wanted me to be lynched since I was "buddying." This makes absolutely no sense and is the scummiest reason to vote for someone you also try to throw suspicion onto nutella since she voted for me right around the same time you did. I had solid reasoning for why I didn't think you were mafia and you say it was just me buddying, this seems like an LC scum thing to do voting for a scapegoat on weak reasoning.
I was pretty lost during that day. I was having enough trouble finding time to stay caught up with the regular game because we have a lot of big posters here, I couldn't be bothered to decipher every insane person's meanings... especially since I was limited to textless graphics for communication. dunya's case was something understandable that I agreed with, and after a day of just reading a bunch of chaos, that was damn well good enough for me. My vote for you wasn't Nobel Prizeworthy, it was just the best I had at the time.

And please don't say things like "seems like an LC scum thing to do", that's so common for people to do, and it's not legit. People love to think of some scum tactic on their own, and then apply it to me. I feel like the Devil, everyone wants to blame the Devil for their own sinful ways. "The Devil made me do it"... the Devil never made anyone do anything! And this "seems like an LC scum thing to do" is equally misguided.

If you want to find some concrete connection to a previous scum game showing that I'm likely to "scapegoat on weak reasoning" then that's fine. Otherwise you're making that up.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

dunya wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:20 pm
sig wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:18 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:27 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:34 pm The Sig lynch was bad.
Dunya is bad for starting it.

1. Sig is always wishy-washy
2. Waffley behavior is a textbook EZ suspicion to put on mislynches, when it can really go both ways. Town can be genuinely uncertain as easily as mafia can be nervous
3. Sig couldn't defend easily, and this is a mostly brand-new suspicion. That's the reason I'd rather have gone with a D1 case. Now we're back to square one.
4. Sig's lynch gained momentum too easily. If half the scumteam wasn't on it, I will eat a Kansas CD.

Dunya replaced in, and her first action was to go through the thread, pick the easiest mislynch possible, and drive it home while Sig couldn't defend himself and no better cases could be made. Screw that.
I don't recall voting for sig because he was wishy-washy. Dunya's case was the best thing I could make sense of in that thread, plus it even had an extra flavour of sig buddying me, which I'm most always partial to. I practically tied nutella for being the second voter, seemed like she was mere seconds ahead of me in both the vote and the vote-post. Don't know if that info is relevant to you, but that's how it happened.
So Dunya's case was good, which included me flipflopping on my opinion of you which she found scummy, yet you also wanted me to be lynched since I was "buddying." This makes absolutely no sense and is the scummiest reason to vote for someone you also try to throw suspicion onto nutella since she voted for me right around the same time you did. I had solid reasoning for why I didn't think you were mafia and you say it was just me buddying, this seems like an LC scum thing to do voting for a scapegoat on weak reasoning.
I actually felt at some point today during my lunch break, and while eating an apple with cheese, that LC could be Kano.
Dammit, I thought I destroyed all the apples and cheese! *leaps through window on to motorcycle and speeds away*
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:22 pm
dunya wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:20 pm I actually felt at some point today during my lunch break, and while eating an apple with cheese, that LC could be Kano.
That actually makes a lot of sense. LC is spreading his wings under the radar.
I'm spreading my wings?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

sig wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:05 pm That could be possible Dunya, either way I'd be fine with lynching him the third parties this game are still dangerous to the civs. Also I find it amusing all the people who voted for me are trying to lynch other people based off the fact they voted for me.
I voted for you, and I'm not doing that.
Long Con
So Divine

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Long Con »

nutella wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:07 pm Glorfindel
lapluie
JaggedJimmyJay
rabbit8
Kylemii
Jackofhearts2005
Dom
dunya
Dave
Elohcin
Quin
Long Con
TonyStarkPrime

speedchuck
novaselinenever
Made
Simon
Marmot
DrWilgy

Ugh. This all feels more arbitrary than my D1 rainbow. :sigh:
All set to comment on certain changes when I realized I'm remembering your Fiddler on the Roof rainbow. :blush:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:58 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:49 pm
dunya wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:16 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:15 pm If I judge Simon's posts at face value, his only read is an assertion that BWT is bad (at a time when that player slot had no posts and there was no reason to assume BWT had even visited the website yet). That's not great.
Would a scum team coach Scum Simon on who to vote for BTS?
I agree with Wilgy. It depends upon who's there, and it also depends upon whether Simon is interested in being coached. I tend to be a coach. Many people don't.
it's not so much an issue of coaching I think, for me it's more about the lack of vote post or explanation, if Simon were being directly coached in btsc to vote for sig then he'd have probably also been reminded to post something about it as well.
Simon is in the thread very little, so I also assume he's in the BTSC very little. I count myself among those who's vote to lynch Simon.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Finally caught up. Lots of discussion on dunya's sig case back there, and exactly how suspicious it is. I don't find that angle very convincing, but lapluie's raw insistence that dunya is bad is difficult to ignore. By that I mean, it seems like lapluie has some sort of info, given her level of confidence.

Mac is also very confident in the speedchuck badness, but I don't get the same sense that it's info-driven... just that Mac is very confident in his read.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 364

Post by dunya »

Long Con wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:49 pm Finally caught up. Lots of discussion on dunya's sig case back there, and exactly how suspicious it is. I don't find that angle very convincing, but lapluie's raw insistence that dunya is bad is difficult to ignore. By that I mean, it seems like lapluie has some sort of info, given her level of confidence.

Mac is also very confident in the speedchuck badness, but I don't get the same sense that it's info-driven... just that Mac is very confident in his read.
are you sure you actually caught up with everything?

You must have missed a few
lapluie wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:46 pm I'm lynching you now hunni, not tony right now that is. What's gonna happen? I'll tell you
You'll die as mafia & I would have some sweet victory, if that's not the case, oops. ( which I'm fairly confident in)

You mislynched two players so if I lead town now & we lynch you I think we'll have a successful kill.

IF hypothetically speaking im wrong, & they decide to kill me is unfair since you've been having wrong reads on the last two kills, anyways im putting that out there.

That's all I got dunya
1st of all, what 2 mislynches is she talking about? Talking poop, that's what. She refuses to even acknowledge her mistake, and that really worries me. Townies make mistakes, they will correct their mistakes. She refuses to do that. I've called her out on this 3 or 4 times and she don't give a shit. The entire basis of why she is lynching me is inaccurate and she doesn't care. Fuck that.

Second of all, she's already covering her ass when I flip town. Hey, when she does flip town, you guys can't come after me cos I'd have made an oooopsie. Fuck that.

Come on Long Con, don't tell me that's "knowledgeable". I know you, and I know how good you are. You don't actually buy this so why are you playing along?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

also, to everyone who is suspecting me because of the sig lynch: I ask you this. How many times has a civ driven a mislynch that gained a bandwagon as opposed to it being a scum who drove it? How many times more likely is it that scum hop on bandwagons rather than start one out of thin air when there were 2-3 options in the thread. I know you all pride yourselves on great scum hunting, but if you think the scum team was entirely between TSP, Wilgy, birdswithteeth aka rabbit and me + 1 more unknown, you gotta be high on something.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:25 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:57 am The best evidence that dunya is a civilian: she's already third in the post count rank. :eek:
What do you think of the fact that Bob was suspicious of me in Pirates but felt he couldn't push on me because of my high activity level.

I was bad. Is this idea just as bad?
You were active, in that you actually played the game, sure, but you weren't this level of JoH in this thread active. I've yet to see a scummer be in the top few lead posters other than Jay who has this ability (sometimes) because he's a psychology major so he has experience with talking a lot. I am in construction, I don't wanna talk.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I told lap I would not budge my vote off her until she told me WHY she said what she said and admitted she made an error. She refuses to acknowledge it. She disappeared yesterday after being active with us all itt after I called her out on it and still hasn't addressed it. Why? Why is she doing that?

People saying she's overwhelmed? Puhhhhleeeeaze. She's made herself right at home; she's sassy, blunt, and absolutely not intimidated by anyone.

If she isn't at all swayed, or second guessing, or doubting herself after her grave error, she's just as bad as RadicalFuzz was in Vocaroo. :srsnod:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention] [mention]sig[/mention] [mention]MacDougall[/mention]

I assume you guys will be able to use your night actions tonight too? Correct? Since we're in this realm tonight until Day 4. I wonder how the mod will handle that. Have any of you asked? We get results for night actions after end of night so I wonder what happens. :ponder:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

dunya wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:08 pm
Long Con wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:49 pm Finally caught up. Lots of discussion on dunya's sig case back there, and exactly how suspicious it is. I don't find that angle very convincing, but lapluie's raw insistence that dunya is bad is difficult to ignore. By that I mean, it seems like lapluie has some sort of info, given her level of confidence.

lapluie wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:46 pm I'm lynching you now hunni, not tony right now that is. What's gonna happen? I'll tell you
You'll die as mafia & I would have some sweet victory, if that's not the case, oops. ( which I'm fairly confident in)

You mislynched two players so if I lead town now & we lynch you I think we'll have a successful kill.

IF hypothetically speaking im wrong, & they decide to kill me is unfair since you've been having wrong reads on the last two kills, anyways im putting that out there.

That's all I got dunya
1st of all, what 2 mislynches is she talking about? Talking poop, that's what. She refuses to even acknowledge her mistake, and that really worries me. Townies make mistakes, they will correct their mistakes. She refuses to do that. I've called her out on this 3 or 4 times and she don't give a shit. The entire basis of why she is lynching me is inaccurate and she doesn't care. Fuck that.

Second of all, she's already covering her ass when I flip town. Hey, when she does flip town, you guys can't come after me cos I'd have made an oooopsie. Fuck that.

Come on Long Con, don't tell me that's "knowledgeable". I know you, and I know how good you are. You don't actually buy this so why are you playing along?
Yeah, I've been seeing that "you mislynched two players" thing, and I haven't given it much regard. First, if lapluie has info on you, then making a weaksauce case follows with that. The certainty doesn't come from the case (which deserves no certainty), but from the info. The case is window-dressing.

Also, I mislynched two players. I absolutely don't see that as incriminating because I'm Civ. Baddies know who's Civ or bad. They don't need to bluntly vote Civs... if it were proven that your votes were close-poll-swing-votes that saved someone by lynching a Civ, then it starts to be more interesting. It's a normal Civ thing to do to vote wrong in lynches.

I'm not enamored with the logic and structure of lapluie's post you quoted, but she's new to me, so I give leeway.

Bottom line, her certainty outweighs her weak cases by a significant amount. That is telling to me, and that's what I'm taking away from all this.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 125
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

dunya wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:26 pm @Sloonei @sig @MacDougall

I assume you guys will be able to use your night actions tonight too? Correct? Since we're in this realm tonight until Day 4. I wonder how the mod will handle that. Have any of you asked? We get results for night actions after end of night so I wonder what happens. :ponder:
wait why are you assuming that? I was under the impression that the realm effect only lasted for the Day. The D2 curses ended after the lynch.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Long Con wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:26 pm
dunya wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:08 pm

That's all I got dunya

Yeah, I've been seeing that "you mislynched two players" thing, and I haven't given it much regard. First, if lapluie has info on you, then making a weaksauce case follows with that. The certainty doesn't come from the case (which deserves no certainty), but from the info. The case is window-dressing.

Also, I mislynched two players. I absolutely don't see that as incriminating because I'm Civ. Baddies know who's Civ or bad. They don't need to bluntly vote Civs... if it were proven that your votes were close-poll-swing-votes that saved someone by lynching a Civ, then it starts to be more interesting. It's a normal Civ thing to do to vote wrong in lynches.

I'm not enamored with the logic and structure of lapluie's post you quoted, but she's new to me, so I give leeway.

Bottom line, her certainty outweighs her weak cases by a significant amount. That is telling to me, and that's what I'm taking away from all this.
:disappoint:

You're saying: civ is ok to mislynch (I did that)
You're saying: lap's case is weak
You're admitting: she made a mistake in her case
You're saying: her logic and structure isn't in her case

But you're saying you're going to agree with her because she's saying "lynch dunya, dunya is scum (I think!!!)"

:disappoint:

I must have misjudged your mafia game.

Return to “Previous Jobs”