Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 173
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: Fiddler on the Roof Mafia

Post by Marmot »

speedchuck wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:40 pm
Marmot - did not like the unwillingness D1 to put a vote somewhere that mattered. Also possible distancing from Dizzy, who is down there. The one thing I can read good on is his frustration in the topic, regarding 'shitty' lynches. As Dizzy noted later in the game, Marmot has done a lot of defending himself. But he's also not been shy about it.
I go back and forth a LOT when reading through his ISO. Could be scum. In no way is that ruled out. I'd rather lynch any of the four people below.
:confused2:

Why does it matter that I don't move my vote on request? That's the neat thing about votes; they're owned by the player who casts them (usually).

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 321

Post by Epignosis »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:26 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:23 pmIf "punishment" means "curse," I haven't seen any evidence of this today.
I don't think this is something to look for. :cloud9:
Let's lynch scum instead. Also plz move your vote cause I asked.
What do you mean?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 94

Post by Spacedaisy »

Alright folks, I gave plenty of time before posting my coherent thoughts after the catch up so I will be doing that momentarily. I apologize for being absent today though, like I said work. Then when I got home from work I passed out for a couple hours thanks to only getting like two hours of sleep last night. So... here we go!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Spacedaisy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:56 pm Alright folks, I gave plenty of time before posting my coherent thoughts after the catch up so I will be doing that momentarily. I apologize for being absent today though, like I said work. Then when I got home from work I passed out for a couple hours thanks to only getting like two hours of sleep last night. So... here we go!
Incoherent thoughts only please.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Jay, what do you think about Epignosis?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

My biggest beef here that I just can't get past is that in yesterday's lynch, no one (except Mac) asked why it was going down the way it did. The person who was lynched had 4 posts, one of which was only an emoji post. Three posts out of 19 pages of content and conversation. That is who was lynched. And after the lynch flip, no one seemed the least bit interested in discussing who voted for the person that flipped civ and why, or what votes looked bad. No one but me. So ask yourselves, why is that? The fact that conversation went immediately back to the same shit they talked about all day yesterday instead of focusing on the new information that could provide new basis of questioning and consideration says to me that at least one of the top three voices in this thread did not want to talk about that vote. And I could see it even being two of the top three with how quickly conversation about the vote was killed after the flip.

Sloonei was right in that my catching up did impact my view of him. I believe I see someone who was/is tunneling on Kyle, incorrectly I believe. And who was in a self preservation mode. I don't think he is the real reason Daisy 1.0 was lynched. My stream of consciousness post doesn't reflect this because that was just taking each post as it came,once I looked at the whole it changed my opinion. I actually agree with Jay's criticism of my thoughts on Sloonei's case. If Sloonei was bad he surely would have abandoned this by now.

Right now my eye is firmly on Jay. He changed his vote with barely any conversation. I just can't get over the fact that Jay voted for me, without any hesitation or discussion about the fact I said I was going to be gone, or that there were plenty of other good suspicions that were rolling around. It just doesn't look good to me at all. And I feel like he was a major contributor to shifting the focus back onto Kyle/Sloonei. his post after I flipped? "Oh well,plenty of time to regroup and review." :huh: And he has not really reviewed anything at all since then. He has done little more than retread old ground. I am super unimpressed with him.

Now I'm about to tinfoil on you all, so bear with me. I am eyeing Epi as his possible partner in the bs. Epi tried to tell me that I was in the thread and I watched Sloonei building a case on me but I didn't say anything. He actually tried to blame me for the fact I didn't post until right as the poll ended. I ask you, does anyone in here think that a civ or a baddie will sit and follow the thread, read a case being thrown at them, watch as the votes start piling on, and just not say anything? Even more, can anyone recall a time I have ever done that? Why would anyone do that?

Consider the two of them together, Day 1 Epi throws major shit at Jay, Jay throws back. They both take these definitive stances in thread, but do either of them vote for the other? Nope. Night 1, both of them do the same again. Each declaring they are going to vote for the other but where are the votes now? Not on either of them. Frankly it reads more like a bromance than real accusations. It looks like fun and games, not serious accusations.

I really believe Jay is bad. I feel that Epi or Sloonei is likely his partner based on how the thread went after Daisy 1.0 died. But I lean Epi on that more than Sloonei. I feel like they are keeping sloonei in this position to be possibly mislynched. I don't feel as confident in the teammates theory as I do about Jay being bad though. I think that is the best place to start.

Here is the way my rainbow currently looks:

Daisy 2.0
Kyle
Mac
Wilgy
Dyslexicon

FZ.
Long Con

Lorab
Marmot
NVN

Sloonei
Speed
Nutella

Epi
Jay

Thoughts on some of my yellows and oranges. Lorab, I guess I don't know why it is others are pinged by there, so I would welcome someone to share it with me. I don't have a read on either her or Marmot. I mean I could gut read Marmot a little higher, but I'm afraid it would be based on his emotional appeals and last time I went with that I lost the game for the civs in Phenon. NVN, nothing to base a read on. If this were a GTH I would say bad but only as a kind of default settting. I would love to hear more from him.

I have said enough about Sloonei. i contemplated whether he was an orange or a red, but I feel like he moved up a notch for me once I was past the initial shock of everything and then had time to read how it all went down. Speedchuck was a toughie, I would go back and forth with nearly every post I read from him. One post I would be like, yeah that sounds very civ minded. Only to be followed by a post that was super shady almost immediately. In the end it was his vote post that put him into the orange bracket for me. I don't like how he tried to avoid responsibility for anything, even the very vote he was placing as he placed it. No, that was shady man. Nutella feels more aggressive and more like baddie nutella to me. Her wanting to come in and vote Epi right off feels unlike her civ play. She is usually more open to hearing cases and information and considering everything. I don't see that here. I find that worrisome.

Dyslexicon, I don't see why so many people are bad reading her. Between her and Mac, everything they were saying was like my gut immediately responded with, yep that is a civ post. I am shocked by how many are finding her bad. I don't know if I have played with her before so is there something I am missing about her meta or something that is making people feel this way?

I've already explained where I am on Kyle. Mac I went back and forth between slight town read and strong town read. I only had trouble because every post he makes regarding things happening in the thread I get. It reads true and he says the stuff i can't understand why no one else is saying. My problem comes with the fact that his words don't line up with his actions. In the end though, I think that is more likely to be how a civ behaves than a baddie. civs may go with their gut in the moment and make a poor choice even if they pointed out the problem before hand. But a baddie is going to want to look consistent, otherwise it makes people question them. Finally Wilgy, this is a complete tone read for me. In a recent game I kept thinking how weird I thought Wilgy was acting, but no one else seemed to think so. I dismissed it and guess who turned out to be bad? Wilgy. I don't get the same vibe from him here and feel really comfortable putting him as a solid green.

I guess the only two left are FZ and LC. IT's kind of funny, I have the same problem with both of them. They seem to really be picking apart how people are wording things. It may be because I have been the one to have how I worded something picked apart. I put very little stock in it, because I think it's rarely an indication of anything. The difference between the two is FZ felt more sincere to me in how she was reading something into Kyle's posts on Day 1. I lean slight town on her. LC I pretty much felt no read on until his case on Speedchuck. Maybe my problem with LC is I don't get him very well, we rarely seem to think alike. When we do I find it reassuring. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not though lol.

Well there you go folks. All my thoughts. From both before I replaced in and up to the present.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

No one ever told me who I was tied with before the mass game of musical chairs occurred and everyone decided to shove me out of the circle. I think this information could be good to know. Was there any kind of save possibly going on?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I'm voting Jay, I doubt that comes as any surprise.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Spacedaisy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:49 pm No one ever told me who I was tied with before the mass game of musical chairs occurred and everyone decided to shove me out of the circle. I think this information could be good to know. Was there any kind of save possibly going on?
You were tied with Epignosis at one point I believe. He maxed out at 4 votes.

I also at one point had 3 votes, but I think you and I never had a significant number of votes at the same time.

This information is from my recollection, so subject to correction.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 272
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

I'm leaving for a concert in an hour which means I have to get all my research done now. I'm still catching up from the deluge of posts that have happened today, I will give thoughts shortly.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Tell me about Dizzy
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 514
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm focusing on the other game right now because of the deadline alignment. Keep the tally close, that's all I ask. I'll be here soon.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:57 pm I'm focusing on the other game right now because of the deadline alignment. Keep the tally close, that's all I ask. I'll be here soon.
Right now no one has more than 2 votes. Do what you need to.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 74

Post by DrWilgy »

Ok so what's new. I see we are pretty split up here. Gimme your favorite cases ANF the most conconvincing rebuttals.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I have never had the chance to be evil with JaggedJimmyJay, and this one hasn't changed that. I explained why I was not going to vote for him Day 1.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:57 pm Tell me about Dizzy
If an insane person threatened me right now to pick out her role, I'd call her the apparition.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 499
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:58 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:52 pm Lynching me today would be even more stupid than yesterday
It's verifiably true. Talk to me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Spacedaisy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:49 pm No one ever told me who I was tied with before the mass game of musical chairs occurred and everyone decided to shove me out of the circle. I think this information could be good to know. Was there any kind of save possibly going on?
Epi and I were the two candidates before everybody piled on you.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I just got done with an 11 hour shift at work and have hardly paid any attention all day. Speedchuck told me to join him on the Dizzy wagon but I don't know why i should do that.

Daisy is my top town read. I could see Jay being bad. I could see Epi being bad. I could see Speedchuck being bad. I can't see all three being bad.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:22 pm
Epi and I were the two candidates before everybody piled on you.
Thank you Sloonei and Marmot for your answers. :)
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I won't really be around the rest of the day. I've also paid little attention to this game today. Oops!

I'm putting my vote on Epignosis. I feel a bit aimless, so I'm just falling back on my Day 1 vote.

Also [mention]MacDougall[/mention], get your damn vote off of me if I'm not getting lynched.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Oh yes, that reminds me, Mac you said you thought one of Jay, Epi and Sloonei should be lynched so why the vote on Marmot. What has earned him your vote?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

my problem in this game rn is that after the events of day one I have mostly reads on people who are positive, and some people who I kind of shrug at and think "hey, they could be bad" the shrug receivers rn are speed and fz

I think I should do a gth type excercise soon to figure out which players are in the middle-ground for me.

the other problem is that every other EOD in this game is going to align with an EOD phase in MK
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Spacedaisy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:59 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:57 pm I'm focusing on the other game right now because of the deadline alignment. Keep the tally close, that's all I ask. I'll be here soon.
Right now no one has more than 2 votes. Do what you need to.
If this is where we are at the deadline, so be it.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Hmm, maybe I confused Mac with someone else? I went back to try and locate the post I was remembering in his ISO and now can't find it. Must look into this more...
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:51 am Either this day results in a lynch of Epi or Sloonei or I want them both to stop talking about each other. If this days analysis focuses on them again and we fail to lynch one it will be a massive failure.
My mistake, you actually said Epi or Sloonei and it's balanced against or else they stop talking about each other. Ok, I follow now. I still would like to know why your vote is on Marmot exactly?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

my plan to catch up in both games before 6:30 failed

I guess I'll be checking in here every time i have to pee from being bourbon drunk
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:27 pm MacDougall
DrWilgy
Kylemii
Dyslexicon
FZ.
Spacedaisy
Epignosis
novaselinenever
LoRab
Long Con
speedchuck
JaggedJimmyJay
Marmot
Sloonei

Ugh this is so arbitrary. I... I really don't put much stock in any of this. But GTH right now it's something like this.
Talk to me about your three bottom reads and Dyslexicon please and thank you.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'm voting for [mention]LoRab[/mention]
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:39 pm I'm voting for LoRab
Interesting, why Lorab?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

gun to head rainbow except it's not a rainbow cus there's no colors and only 4 categories

I would not vote for:
Wilgy
Daisy
Kylemii
Sloonei
MacDougall

I feel okay about, kind of, I guess:
Epi
JJJ
Nutella
LC

I am ambivalent towards:
Dyslexicon
Marmot
Lorab
Dave
Novaselinenever

I could vote for:
Speedchuck
FZ
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

LoRab wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:57 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:31 amit's complicated. we have a history :p

lorab and I used to always trust each other because we often had similar thought processes/styles. I think she may be working with a slightly outdated view of my meta because she hasn't played with me very recently and I've been changing up quite a bit I think (or trying to), but she still correctly identifies me as town which could be legitimate but also could be lazy or (as you suggest about marmot) that she knows I'm good because she's bad. Since she hasn't been participating much at all it felt lazy to me, like she felt as if our past extensive familiarity with each other specially qualified her to weigh in on me. and I know she's been too busy to keep up/hasn't been online much, but I'm uncomfortable with how little she has said.

however, I think I had forgotten she'd called out Epi on her own terms. So actually scratch her being a likely teammate for him. I don't think she'd bus that hard.
It's more that I saw a bandwagon form against you out of nowhere, which made me believe you were likely not bad. The reasons people were giving didn't really resonate--I not so much meant I thought you were civ, but that I didn't have compelling reason to think you bad, or to get why there was a slew of votes being cast your way at that moment.
I felt like there was some backtracking in this answer, like she didn't want to have to fully justify a town read on Nutella, so she morphed it into simply not liking the earlier bandwagon against her.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Spacedaisy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:47 pmRight now my eye is firmly on Jay. He changed his vote with barely any conversation. I just can't get over the fact that Jay voted for me, without any hesitation or discussion about the fact I said I was going to be gone, or that there were plenty of other good suspicions that were rolling around. It just doesn't look good to me at all. And I feel like he was a major contributor to shifting the focus back onto Kyle/Sloonei. his post after I flipped? "Oh well,plenty of time to regroup and review." :huh: And he has not really reviewed anything at all since then. He has done little more than retread old ground. I am super unimpressed with him.
I nearly never allow "Player X is not around to defend him/herself" to influence my voting decisions. I don't give people passes for things that are irrelevant to the Mafia game. If I think a vote is warranted then I am going to place it with no regard for that. We only get so many opportunities to lynch mafia members in any given game, and handing out passes for that stuff is bad for the civilian faction. I have voiced this perspective throughout my tenure on this website and well before. All the same, I really don't apologize for contributing to mislynches either. Nobody apologizes to me when they wrongly accuse me of shit, and I don't demand it. The game demands that we try to lynch mafia members, and sometimes we're going to get it wrong. That's just the game.

You're right that I have been less involved in recent memory. I've been trying to manage two games at once, all while being at my laptop a lot less this week. I can only give so much attention to each of these things, and I have done my best. If you're not impressed with my product, there's nothing I can do about that. I understand your suspicion and I don't fault you for it, but if I get lynched you're going to come to understand that "I got lynched despite having very few posts when I wasn't around" does not have to mean you were the target of opportunism. I have been playing with POE as my focus for ages now, and when you have so little content (and when I don't care for the content you do have), you're going to find yourself in my POE pool. I voted accordingly and I was wrong.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 28
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:39 pm I'm voting for @LoRab
Why?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:42 pm I could vote for:
Speedchuck
FZ
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

LoRab wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:46 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:39 pm I'm voting for LoRab
Why?
already explained
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:10 pm Hi hi hi. Quick post, and this will be the only post I post today for reasons.

@Speed - Only cause your "blah bla Dizzy" was the only thing I half read: Gurl. I have not been able to be around consistently in thread and interact with players over longer periods which I like to do and normally am able to do. You've played with me as both scum and town. You town read me when I was scum cause I was so much alike the usual Dizzy. So me being "different" is purely me not having the time to devote all my love to the game. That is fact. Phenon is my first game here a long time ago. You even have more meta if that's so important. Talking about gifs is lol. I can promise you one thing and that is when I do have a specific team with known teammates I am 580% more tryhard cause I absolutely hate to disappoint. That is why my Mafia win rate is ridiculous. Get over it. I'm not the lynch town is looking for.

I would watch any turn on me particularly close.

Right now I'm going to vote JJJ, this is purely on intution and I didn't like his attitude on Epig.

I also do not think that Epig is mafia.

In this game there are a lot of roles. Since we can't information dump or claim I find it particularly important that we don't discuss the mights and maybe's of things - this is importnat. I want to be listened to (which is my biggest frustration not having enough time to devote to the game.) Let everything be, but if you're town you do well to keep all possibilities in mind WITHOUT airing them in thread. Very important.

So I'm persuing a lynch on JJJ personally. But honestly, I've hardly skimmed. I will be able to catch up and post come night time. I've been working, pouring milk all over my body all day (yeah that's my work). Even if I go for this I also see valid options in Lorab and NVN (for being a total non-contributer) also. Take it for what it's worth.

I have nothing else and will give nothing else. Anyone who wants to vote me should state reasons clearly and ISO me first, and tell me I'm not trying from a town point of view. They should also have good reason why they're voting me specifically over any other "low contributer". And I'm never inactive when I can post.
I've been waiting all game long for Dizzy to make a post like this. I said before that he wasn't inclined to give reads on Epi or myself, avoiding arguably the most volatile discussion in the game, while otherwise sprinkling little other reads here and there without doing anything to step on toes or shake tree branches.

Only now, after I griped about this problem and after Spacedaisy made it quite clear she wants to destroy me, does he take stances -- and not only does he take stances, he votes by that stance. I do think this smells of opportunism.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:45 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:47 pmRight now my eye is firmly on Jay. He changed his vote with barely any conversation. I just can't get over the fact that Jay voted for me, without any hesitation or discussion about the fact I said I was going to be gone, or that there were plenty of other good suspicions that were rolling around. It just doesn't look good to me at all. And I feel like he was a major contributor to shifting the focus back onto Kyle/Sloonei. his post after I flipped? "Oh well,plenty of time to regroup and review." :huh: And he has not really reviewed anything at all since then. He has done little more than retread old ground. I am super unimpressed with him.
I nearly never allow "Player X is not around to defend him/herself" to influence my voting decisions. I don't give people passes for things that are irrelevant to the Mafia game. If I think a vote is warranted then I am going to place it with no regard for that. We only get so many opportunities to lynch mafia members in any given game, and handing out passes for that stuff is bad for the civilian faction. I have voiced this perspective throughout my tenure on this website and well before. All the same, I really don't apologize for contributing to mislynches either. Nobody apologizes to me when they wrongly accuse me of shit, and I don't demand it. The game demands that we try to lynch mafia members, and sometimes we're going to get it wrong. That's just the game.

You're right that I have been less involved in recent memory. I've been trying to manage two games at once, all while being at my laptop a lot less this week. I can only give so much attention to each of these things, and I have done my best. If you're not impressed with my product, there's nothing I can do about that. I understand your suspicion and I don't fault you for it, but if I get lynched you're going to come to understand that "I got lynched despite having very few posts when I wasn't around" does not have to mean you were the target of opportunism. I have been playing with POE as my focus for ages now, and when you have so little content (and when I don't care for the content you do have), you're going to find yourself in my POE pool. I voted accordingly and I was wrong.
what is your read of spacedaisy 2.0?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:45 pm

lorab and I used to always trust each other because we often had similar thought processes/styles. I think she may be working with a slightly outdated view of my meta because she hasn't played with me very recently and I've been changing up quite a bit I think (or trying to), but she still correctly identifies me as town which could be legitimate but also could be lazy or (as you suggest about marmot) that she knows I'm good because she's bad. Since she hasn't been participating much at all it felt lazy to me, like she felt as if our past extensive familiarity with each other specially qualified her to weigh in on me. and I know she's been too busy to keep up/hasn't been online much, but I'm uncomfortable with how little she has said.

however, I think I had forgotten she'd called out Epi on her own terms. So actually scratch her being a likely teammate for him. I don't think she'd bus that hard.
It's more that I saw a bandwagon form against you out of nowhere, which made me believe you were likely not bad. The reasons people were giving didn't really resonate--I not so much meant I thought you were civ, but that I didn't have compelling reason to think you bad, or to get why there was a slew of votes being cast your way at that moment.
I felt like there was some backtracking in this answer, like she didn't want to have to fully justify a town read on Nutella, so she morphed it into simply not liking the earlier bandwagon against her.
missed this before I asked. I was further explaining what I had meant earlier. I guess I could see how you could read it that way. But, nothing I can really do about having elaborated on my earlier post after it was discussed--which was really about the bandwagon that came out of nowhere. :shrug2:

Am I really the only one who thought the nutella bandwagon was suspish? Yes, the votes moved, but I still really don't see why they went onto LA in the first place.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

To expand on what I said about Dizzy side-stepping the matters of Epignosis and JJJ:
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:33 pm All in all I will town read Speed, I haven't seen anything wrong with Sloonei's posts, Kyle I would guess town for the reason JJJ stated, very undecided about both JJJ and Epig at this point in my reading - it's all very rah rah rah. I'm more interested in anyone else.
He doesn't want to talk about it.
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:34 pmMy critique on JJJ:
- I find he holds on to the obvious unreasnable accusation of him and Sloonei necessarily being scum together a bit too long. I read it more like Epig's pressure became more about JJJ than them two together. Also doesn't address the question of sincerity until pretty late.
- I still find his contant reminder of "I pushed the thread, I wouldn't do it as scum" to be bs, and it still totally reminds me of some of my own defenses. He asks if he would do a good job of it, but really it was Kyle doing a good job of reacting overtly, and quite frankly JJJ didn't really do a good job of it by posting a scientist gif clearly indicating that he was just experiementing and slinging poop, pointing at himself there too as in "I'm doing stuff".
Those two would be my points of suspicion.

I remember somewhere along the line to be more inclined to the possibility of both JJJ and Epig being town, but I can't say why other than maybe they're not the most suspicious and I prefer other lynches? I have problems with some of their play. I do like Epig actually explaining his thoughts. I do like him reevaluating Nut so fast. I guess. I do like some of what JJJ is saying too and still liked his early read on Kyle about the anger/respect issue.

~~~

Speed and Nut as town, Kyle as probably town, Slooneiiiiii let me hold on for a bit, Epic could be town, JJJ more null but ugh, don't remember anything else.
He voiced some beefs with me, then stepped immediately off of them, and concluded with these barely-reads -- "Epi could be town, JJJ more null".
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:03 pm Epi and JJJ are another "pair" I can't brain. I don't even want to talk about it. It's a funny thing happening where they are almost dancing around each other. I don't know what it means.
He doesn't want to talk about it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:51 pm
[/quote]

Dark green skittle.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei's posts have been hexed. I am no longer allowed to quote them.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

LoRab wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:52 pm

missed this before I asked. I was further explaining what I had meant earlier. I guess I could see how you could read it that way. But, nothing I can really do about having elaborated on my earlier post after it was discussed--which was really about the bandwagon that came out of nowhere. :shrug2:

Am I really the only one who thought the nutella bandwagon was suspish? Yes, the votes moved, but I still really don't see why they went onto LA in the first place.
who were the people on this bandwagon? which of them were most suspicious to you?
i don't think I was around when it happened. any memories you have of the specifics would be helpful.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Is dyslexicon he she it null or fluid? I have seen both.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:47 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:42 pm I could vote for:
Speedchuck
FZ
*Simpson's boy playing with a Ouija board*
I liked LC's case on Speedchuck and Epi's case on FZ, respectively. I think both showed behavior that might be displayed by mafia ready to take advantage of Jay's thing and, later your thing, to push a mislynch while staying out of the splash zone themselves.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:58 pm Is dyslexicon he she it null or fluid? I have seen both.
I shouldn't be using "he", that's my mistake. "They" is what I mean to use.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:57 pm
LoRab wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:52 pm

who were the people on this bandwagon? which of them were most suspicious to you?
i don't think I was around when it happened. any memories you have of the specifics would be helpful.
I'll go back and see if I can figure it out.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:55 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:51 pm
Dark green skittle.
[/quote]

Gimme a red skittle.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:36 pm
nutella wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:27 pm MacDougall
DrWilgy
Kylemii
Dyslexicon
FZ.
Spacedaisy
Epignosis
novaselinenever
LoRab
Long Con
speedchuck
JaggedJimmyJay
Marmot
Sloonei

Ugh this is so arbitrary. I... I really don't put much stock in any of this. But GTH right now it's something like this.
Talk to me about your three bottom reads and Dyslexicon please and thank you.
Jay is bad. Marmot is bad. Sloonei is bad. Dyslexicon is good.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:00 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:55 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:51 pm what is your read of spacedaisy 2.0?
Dark green skittle.
Gimme a red skittle.
I'm afraid I don't have any. I though LC's speedchuck case was excellent, but I was also moved by speedchuck's reads provisions thereafter. This is a tough game. The darkest orange right now is Dizzy, who I've just voted for.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Side Missions”