60%

Total votes: 15
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 152

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Day 6]

Post by Elohcin »

hmmm......

perhaps. how about earlier that day. Was he pushing Simon all day?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
lapluie
Moon Child
Posts in topic: 553

Post by lapluie »

Elohcin wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:23 pm I told you I would be back when the number of players decreased. Are you sure you still want me? :p
It's more lax when there a small group in mafia games tbh
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

What do you guys think of players who voted for each other because they voted for eachother?
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 612
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Elohcin wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:28 pm hmmm......

perhaps. how about earlier that day. Was he pushing Simon all day?
No. He made about 5-7 posts during the full day phase before that EOD sequence got rolling, and they were without an obvious direction.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Night 5]

Post by Kylemii »

Marmot wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:55 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:50 pm mmmmm maybe. but the mafia probably won't kill Jay, because the mafia knows that Jay is a potential late game swing vote. why kill a variable when you can kill a constant?
What would you do if you were mafia in this scenario?
if i were mafia i would definitely.... prioritize killing civs over killing loners, in almost any scenario, but especially in a scenario where the game is balancing on a rail like this. even moreso when the mafia is apparently getting their shit wrecked by civ info roles. killing a loner jay would never be the best option available.
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

Elohcin wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:19 pm
lapluie wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:15 pm
Elohcin wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:12 pm so I just looked at the lynch poll. I had no clue Dom was playing and I don't even know a Dave. Have they even posted?
I think Dave has only 1 or 2 posts, but dom has been MIA from start of game
we cannot rule them out as mafia....just sayin'
Hmm true, Nova has voted for dave...
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

lapluie wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:30 pm
Elohcin wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:23 pm I told you I would be back when the number of players decreased. Are you sure you still want me? :p
It's more lax when there a small group in mafia games tbh
I just simply cannot handle that many players or remember who said what and I will get lynched for it. So I stopped playing big games a long time ago. I played this one as a favor to my husband.

As for players who voted for each other....I tend to overlook it as I don't see anything noteworthy in it unless there are other factors involved.

lots linki - I don't know what to make of marmot's other posts. I really wasn't following the thread that day, so it is hard for me to judge. Was nutella leading mostly throughout the day, or Simon? When I came in it was either tied or I tied it by voting Simon. And I think it was 4-4. I will go back and read Marmot's posts for that day and then make my final decision on Marmot. But I still think your reasoning is stupid. And I think the case against Lap is pretty strong.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

It was tied or nearly tied for most of the day phase. Two distinct camps of "lynch nutella" and "lynch Simon" had formed.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

but for now, I am taking a short break for a tv show, dinner, and clean-up. I have been working with clients and doing this all afternoon except for a little Punch-Out with the fam.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I couldn't stay away.

I don't think Marmot's posts on Day 5 lacked direction or purpose, or whatever words you used. They were short and to the point. I see he was fed up with you, said he was tired of you mislynching him. On 9:10pm on Jan 25th, first day of Day 5, he said Simon would have been a better lynch candidate than sig on Day 2. This shows he has been thinking of lynching Simon for a good while. Earlier in the day he communicated with people in the thread, asked questions.

I feel like you have something personal against marmot and you are taking it out on him in mafia. This is how it seems to me, anyway.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

ok..really am taking a break now.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 75

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:40 pm but for now, I am taking a short break for a tv show, dinner, and clean-up. I have been working with clients and doing this all afternoon except for a little Punch-Out with the fam.
A little indeed. Got KO'd in one round by a five-year-old and was done. :suspish:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 218
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:16 pm It makes zero sense for Marmot to believe Glorfindel has a moral aversion to lying about his alignment, but no moral aversion to lying about someone else's alignment. That's nonsense. To defend him after he tried to say that is nonsense. Lynch the man.
I did not say Glorfindel was lying.

Your case is built on brusque, curt, and aggressively short statements. Indy Jay is clearly a different type of Jay.

I don't see why any in-thread statement like that should be trusted at face-value. I thought he was being overtly confident based on his belief. Assuming Glorfindel knew what Long Con's alignment is, I didn't think he would come into the thread stating as such. Yes Glorfindel was basically a civilian, but that doesn't mean he's right. Remember when nutella was lynched because we followed a dead civilian's plea to want her? He was wrong. We were wrong.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:24 pm
Elohcin wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:40 pm but for now, I am taking a short break for a tv show, dinner, and clean-up. I have been working with clients and doing this all afternoon except for a little Punch-Out with the fam.
A little indeed. Got KO'd in one round by a five-year-old and was done. :suspish:
giggles
thats adorable
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Marmot wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:56 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:16 pm It makes zero sense for Marmot to believe Glorfindel has a moral aversion to lying about his alignment, but no moral aversion to lying about someone else's alignment. That's nonsense. To defend him after he tried to say that is nonsense. Lynch the man.

Your case is built on brusque, curt, and aggressively short statements. Indy Jay is clearly a different type of Jay.

I don't see why any in-thread statement like that should be trusted at face-value. I thought he was being overtly confident based on his belief. Assuming Glorfindel knew what Long Con's alignment is, I didn't think he would come into the thread stating as such. Yes Glorfindel was basically a civilian, but that doesn't mean he's right. Remember when nutella was lynched because we followed a dead civilian's plea to want her? He was wrong. We were wrong.
You di

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Cool phone.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:27 pm

You di
What my case is made of is meaningless. You didn’t think Glorfindel was making a “read” on LC. You literally asked him what he knew that you did not. Please tell me exactly how Glorfindel is supposed to answer that question within these rules.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:29 pm

You di
What my case is made of is meaningless. You didn’t think Glorfindel was making a “read” on LC. You literally asked him what he knew that you did not. Please tell me exactly how Glorfindel is supposed to answer that question within these rules.
It's called a case. A piece of in-thread evidence that can be pointed to that says "Hey, here's why this guy is what he is".

That's why I thought Glorfindel was defending Long Con the way he was. That's the answer I expected. I wanted a reason to agree with him, not to listen to what the words that he said.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

You di
And I am not a di. You take that back.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

No. You were aware that it wasn’t about “a piece of in-thread evidence”. He made it pretty obvious. There’s no way you were trying to actually communicate with him, certainly not at the last minute when he was forced to scream to get his point across.

If you insist on carrying out this nonsense argument you might as well provide reads on everybody else too.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:38 pm No. You were aware that it wasn’t about “a piece of in-thread evidence”. He made it pretty obvious. There’s no way you were trying to actually communicate with him, certainly not at the last minute when he was forced to scream to get his point across.

If you insist on carrying out this nonsense argument you might as well provide reads on everybody else too.
You brought up this nonsense point in the first place.

You asked me why I thought, said, and did what I did, then are telling me that's not what I thought, said, or did. Who are you trying to convince? I know why I asked what I asked, I'm the one who asked it in that specific situation. Yes, I probably should have considered other reasons for his behavior, but it didn't cross my mind in that moment. My assumption was that he said what he did based on something that happened in the thread because that's the spirit of the game that I'm used to.

I don't appreciate the way you've framed that EoD.

I also don't appreciate what you're doing right now. You've asked me questions, made accusations, and put an inaccurate twist on what I said. I will defend against them because you're wrong. I would not insist on continuing this argument if you weren't persisting so hard to portray my alignment based on your interpretation of what I said.

I also don't appreciate your beef with me in general. I don't know why you want to lynch me so damn bad. I don't understand your motives, nor do I trust your behavior at all. These are not the droids you're looking for.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

If you think it's nonsense, why are you so persistant about it?

I've offered a few reads already recently. Lapluie, Long Con, and Made are my strongest scumreads (not necessarily in that order), I would lynch you for my own self-preservation and ability to focus energy elsewhere, and I think Jack should live.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:24 pm

It was a tournament and I had to be "done". I put up a good fight though.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Marmot wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:48 pm You brought up this nonsense point in the first place.
Your part in the dialogue is nonsense. I don't believe anything you're saying to me.
Marmot wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:48 pmYou asked me why I thought, said, and did what I did, then are telling me that's not what I thought, said, or did. Who are you trying to convince? I know why I asked what I asked, I'm the one who asked it in that specific situation. Yes, I probably should have considered other reasons for his behavior, but it didn't cross my mind in that moment. My assumption was that he said what he did based on something that happened in the thread because that's the spirit of the game that I'm used to.
Yes, you're telling me things and I don't believe the things. I asked the questions to encourage responses, and the responses don't satisfy. This is what you were presented with at that EOD:
Glorfindel wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:19 pm
lapluie wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:17 pm LMFAO YOU GUYS AREN'T RVEN SEEING THIS, LONGCON & SIMON ARE MAFIA Oh my god.. they just freaking piled up the votes.. I'm wheezing
Lon Con is NOT Mafia! No way. No how.
Glorfindel wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:37 pm LC is confirmed Town
Marmot wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:38 pm
Glorfindel wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:37 pm And there we have it - our Mafia voting for the confirmed Townie (LC)
Who's a confirmed townie?
Glorfindel wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:39 pm LC is confirmed Town you fools

I DON’T LIE!
I mean, what the hell is that bolded question there. You're not paying attention to what Glorfindel is saying to you because you don't care. You already picked your vote. All of these posts came at the very end of the day phase, with literally moments to spare (the deadline came one minute after your question), and you expected Glorfindel to dig up some thread evidence to support calling a guy a "confirmed townie"? That makes no sense and I just think it's bullshit. I'm not sure there's an argument you could provide to convince me otherwise. I've still asked the questions to be thorough, but the answers aren't doing it.
Marmot wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:48 pmI don't appreciate the way you've framed that EoD.
My job in this game is not to earn your appreciation.
Marmot wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:48 pmI also don't appreciate what you're doing right now. You've asked me questions, made accusations, and put an inaccurate twist on what I said. I will defend against them because you're wrong. I would not insist on continuing this argument if you weren't persisting so hard to portray my alignment based on your interpretation of what I said.
I am persisting because the arguments you are using in your defense strike me as crap. I am not satisfied with crap. If you really believe that they aren't crap, then you should feel free to expand or restate them however you feel is prudent. I don't believe you.
Marmot wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:48 pmI also don't appreciate your beef with me in general. I don't know why you want to lynch me so damn bad. I don't understand your motives, nor do I trust your behavior at all. These are not the droids you're looking for.
I have no beef with Marmot in general. I do suspect that Mortal Kombat Marmot is a member of the Outworld team however, and as such it would serve to my benefit to see him lynched.
Marmot wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:58 pm If you think it's nonsense, why are you so persistant about it?

I've offered a few reads already recently. Lapluie, Long Con, and Made are my strongest scumreads (not necessarily in that order), I would lynch you for my own self-preservation and ability to focus energy elsewhere, and I think Jack should live.
I've just provided a reason to believe that Glorfindel had information on lapluie which worked in her favor. Review that and tell me what you think. Then tell me why you suspect Long Con, and what Glorfindel's cries to the contrary mean to you if anything. Then tell me about Made.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 113
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Marmot, I am not scum.

Glorfindel's reason for believing in lapluie is definitely not the same as his reason for believing in me. Glorfindel's role or ability is not the reason he cleared me. And that is why I believe him about lapluie.

I don't trust JaggedJimmyJay, and I don't agree with most of the logic of his case on Marmot, and the logical parts, I don't agree with the relevance of. So I won't vote Marmot. Way more inclined to vote a counterwagon.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

What's the case on Wilgy?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Jimmy states that Marmot only pushed on unconvincable Nutella voters: Lap, Glor, Made.

Other Nutella voters: Simon (also unconvincable), Wilgy (has only stated a reason for one of his votes and is very likely bad), Nova (has only stated reasoning for one of his votes and is very likely bad) and LC.

So basically, Marmot ignored...just LC.

I find the "targeted fake plea" arguement unconvincing.

The "fake plea cause too little too late" is more convincing.

If one of Jay or Marmot is Kano, I still think it is Jay.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Y'all can distrust me all you like, but here's one basic recommendation:

It isn't all about whether you love my case. It's about whether you love the player I am casing. You look at Marmot's content and decide for yourselves.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 440

Post by speedchuck »

Long Con wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:55 pm Glorfindel's reason for believing in lapluie is definitely not the same as his reason for believing in me. Glorfindel's role or ability is not the reason he cleared me. And that is why I believe him about lapluie.
:huh:

This just broke everything that I was following in the thread. I want to see reactions to this frickin paragraph from everyone who has taken place in today's snitty arguments. Please and thanks.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:50 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:55 pm Glorfindel's reason for believing in lapluie is definitely not the same as his reason for believing in me. Glorfindel's role or ability is not the reason he cleared me. And that is why I believe him about lapluie.
:huh:

This just broke everything that I was following in the thread. I want to see reactions to this frickin paragraph from everyone who has taken place in today's snitty arguments. Please and thanks.
I think I know what he's doing there and I'll respect it by not talking about it beyond this sentence (unless LC himself requests it). It doesn't impact my reads on anyone.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:11 pm Jimmy states that Marmot only pushed on unconvincable Nutella voters: Lap, Glor, Made.

Other Nutella voters: Simon (also unconvincable), Wilgy (has only stated a reason for one of his votes and is very likely bad), Nova (has only stated reasoning for one of his votes and is very likely bad) and LC.

So basically, Marmot ignored...just LC.

I find the "targeted fake plea" arguement unconvincing.

The "fake plea cause too little too late" is more convincing.

If one of Jay or Marmot is Kano, I still think it is Jay.
I didn't ignore any of them. :huh:

I called out every single one of them except for Simon.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:22 pm Y'all can distrust me all you like, but here's one basic recommendation:

It isn't all about whether you love my case. It's about whether you love the player I am casing. You look at Marmot's content and decide for yourselves.
"You don't have to like my content, but it's still better than his content."

:disappoint:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Jay, if you weren't going to vote for me today, who would you vote for?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Marmot wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:33 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:22 pm Y'all can distrust me all you like, but here's one basic recommendation:

That is not what I said. It has nothing to do with what I said.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Marmot, why do you think I'm bad?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Marmot wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:42 am Jay, if you weren't going to vote for me today, who would you vote for?
Wilgy or novaselinenever would be agreeable enough lynches, even if not nearly as well-inspired.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:43 am

Yes it does. :nicenod:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:44 am Marmot, why do you think I'm bad?
You helped lynched nutella, I'm displeased with that.

You've had more to say about myself and Jay the past couple days than any other topic (and very little to say about other topics). I don't mean for our discussion to take the front seat, but I'm fighting for my life.

Jay came in after the Day 4 lynch and said you and lap are civilians. I don't believe it, or anything he says at this point. I think that was a bold misdirect from him.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:44 am
Marmot wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:42 am Jay, if you weren't going to vote for me today, who would you vote for?
Wilgy or novaselinenever would be agreeable enough lynches, even if not nearly as well-inspired.
I would cast them into the pit of "don't have much of an opinion on" due to their recent lack of content.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Marmot wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:48 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:43 am

Yes it does. :nicenod:
No, Marmot. Here's what I said, re-worded for your comprehensive pleasure:

"If you don't trust me or believe in my case, that's fine. What should matter to you more is whether you trust Marmot given his own content in this game, regardless of how you feel about me, the person trying to lynch him."

There was no comparison between Marmot's content and JJJ's content. That is irrelevant.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Marmot wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:55 am Jay came in after the Day 4 lynch and said you and lap are civilians. I don't believe it, or anything he says at this point. I think that was a bold misdirect from him.
Long Con is mafia because I said he isn't?

The power I wield. XD

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Marmot wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:55 am
Long Con wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:44 am Marmot, why do you think I'm bad?
You helped lynched nutella, I'm displeased with that.

You've had more to say about myself and Jay the past couple days than any other topic (and very little to say about other topics). I don't mean for our discussion to take the front seat, but I'm fighting for my life.

Jay came in after the Day 4 lynch and said you and lap are civilians. I don't believe it, or anything he says at this point. I think that was a bold misdirect from him.
Well, I think you are a Civ, mostly a gut read I guess, I have liked your responses to JJJ. Sorry I'm a little lazy in this game, but I am. :grin:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:59 am
Marmot wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:55 am Jay came in after the Day 4 lynch and said you and lap are civilians. I don't believe it, or anything he says at this point. I think that was a bold misdirect from him.

The power I wield. XD
I look at your alignment claim.

I look at the possible roles you could be based on that claim.

I look at your in-thread actions after said claim.

I don't understand how anyone would trust or listen to you after that.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Marmot wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:06 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:59 am

The power I wield. XD
I look at your alignment claim.

I look at the possible roles you could be based on that claim.

I look at your in-thread actions after said claim.

I don't understand how anyone would trust or listen to you after that.
Agreed, but it's not like Kano has the ability to know who is bad and then deceitfully proclaim that they're Civ. Unless I'm wrong about what you're saying.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Marmot wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:06 am I don't understand how anyone would trust or listen to you after that.
Critical thinking is the darnedest thing.

It's fun that in this incredibly fake effort to make me look like a scary boogie monster, your distrust of my reads is factually, objectively equivalent to a distrust of Glorfindel's reads -- the same reads he expressed with a hell of a lot more confidence than I have. To have this opinion, you are required by logic itself to have no care in the world that Glorfindel used the word confirmed to describe one of your suspects. You can't be fussed even a tiny bit that Glorfindel did a complete 180 when a night phase ended on your other suspect.

You're so fake. It's up the other people to see it as plainly as I do.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:11 am
Marmot wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:06 am I don't understand how anyone would trust or listen to you after that.
Critical thinking is the darnedest thing.

It's fun that in this incredibly fake effort to make me look like a scary boogie monster, your distrust of my reads is factually, objectively equivalent to a distrust of Glorfindel's reads -- the same reads he expressed with a hell of a lot more confidence than I have. To have this opinion, you are required by logic itself to have no care in the world that Glorfindel used the word confirmed to describe one of your suspects. You can't be fussed even a tiny bit that Glorfindel did a complete 180 when a night phase ended on your other suspect.

You're so fake. It's up the other people to see it as plainly as I do.
Glorfindel could have been wrong, like manipulated/false info, and still believed what he was saying, and therefore still honest.
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Day 4]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I DON’T LIE!
Marmot, please look at me with a straight face, or at least look at my avatar with a straight face, and tell me that this post indicates a hunch Glorfindel has. It's just a hunch. Long Con is a civilian read. That's where he leans. He isn't sure. :rolleyes:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:15 am Glorfindel could have been wrong, like manipulated/false info, and still believed what he was saying, and therefore still honest.
Oh absolutely, information could have been manipulated.

Which means that for Marmot to suspect you with this evidence in the thread, he must assume the information was manipulated. We can grant possibilities all day long, but to disregard the evidence in favor if an inherently much less likely scenario of tampering or manipulation is nonsense -- it's plain evidence that a read is fake.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Day 4]

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:15 am

I DON’T LIE!
Marmot, please look at me with a straight face, or at least look at my avatar with a straight face, and tell me that this post indicates a hunch Glorfindel has. It's just a hunch. Long Con is a civilian read. That's where he leans. He isn't sure. :rolleyes:
In a game where info-dropping is against the rules, I don't see any reason to accept what someone says without a reason. Even if it's Glorfindel. Even if he doesn't lie. If he actually knows Long Con's alignment, role, or whatever, it's not like he can come into the thread and confirm it.

But like I said before, that thought didn't cross my mind when Glorfindel said that. My assumption was that Long Con did something such that Glorfindel reacted that way. I wanted to know what it was.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I'll never tell. ;)

Return to “Previous Jobs”