[ENDGAME] - The Fellowship of the Ring Mafia (LoTR I)

Moderator: Community Team

So... what did you think?

I enjoyed this game very much!
12%
I will play Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
28%
This game was rather sad, like Gandalf's death before you realized he didn't actually die :O
12%
I found it strange that Glorfindel was both a role and a player all at once
16%
I wish that Day 2 wasn't 72 hours long
4%
I am a huge fan of J.R.R. Tolkien, and plan to read one of his many wonderful books in the near future
4%
Thank you for hosting Marmot, you were wonderful
24%

Total votes: 25
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: [DAY 1] - The Fellowship of the Ring Mafia (LoTR I)

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:07 am nutella, I can see you're shaking things up here, you're probably like "I always get lynched for blah blah, so fuck it, I'm just going to do this instead!: or something, but you're making me so very suspicious. You are my oldest Mafia friend and I love you, but I'm voting for you as well.
I could see nutella being bad, but so far I am inclined to believe she's being a proactive content-generating townie. She's throwing mud around. What do you see that's suspicious about her?
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]novaselinenever[/mention] talk to me about nutella and other things.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 164

Post by Epignosis »

nutella wrote:L'chaim / game on :workit:
nutella wrote: boom rekt
nutella's first two posts in Fiddler on the Roof Mafia.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 156
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:19 am I believe Glorfindel has stated that he won't be answering questions about his alignment because that takes the fun out of the game. I get nothing out of his non-answer. But I would like to know what he thinks of kyle and mac for their treatment of him. Glorfindel
quote?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 155
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:05 pm
:confused: :confused: :confused:
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:07 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:19 am I believe Glorfindel has stated that he won't be answering questions about his alignment because that takes the fun out of the game. I get nothing out of his non-answer. But I would like to know what he thinks of kyle and mac for their treatment of him. Glorfindel
quote?
[mention]Glorfindel[/mention] is Sloonei's assessment accurate? are you making an active choice to change your meta? is this what "are you serious?" meant?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

From Mortal Kombat:
Glorfindel wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:11 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:08 pm Oh by the way, Glorfindel, I totally took advantage of that in the Mad Max game and it was lame of me to do that. I never properly apologized. Sorry buddy!
Again, there is no need to apologise, Jay. Of all the people I’ve met playing these games, there is no one whom I hold in higher regard than you for your intellect, reason, passion for the game and your integrity. You did what you felt you needed to do and it worked out for you - and I respect that. I do think however that it was a potentially a risky strategy (had I actually been Town). I will likely return to my policy of permanent non-declaration of my alignment after this game so whilst it worked out for you in Mad Max, I’d counsel you to think twice in future.

And just like Chuckles, I’m thrilled to be back here, in a game with you, my friend :hugs:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kyle, talk to me about Macdougall.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:23 pm Kyle, talk to me about Macdougall.
MacDougall seems basically like his regular accusatory self I think. He opened the game up by claiming to have a role power that doesn't actually exist to get a reaction out of Nutella, which I think... leans him slightly towards civ. slightly. I think civs are more likely to stick their necks out like that to open up discussion than mafia are.

Sloonei, can I ask why you didn't include Nutella in the list of people you asked glorfindel about, with regards to the treatment of his usual tell?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I suppose I just overlooked nutella's involvement in that.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 27

Post by DrWilgy »

THEY'RE
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

TAKING
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

THE
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

HOBBITS
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

TO
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

ISENGARD
Image Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 85
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Glorfindel wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:56 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:39 am
Glorfindel wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:41 am
Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:58 am pressure vote on Glorfindel
Why would you do such a thing, my friend? This is no way to summon the presence of this High Elven Prince!
Are you mafia?
Are you serious? :haha:
:suspish: :suspish: :suspish:

Long Con wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:07 am nutella, I can see you're shaking things up here, you're probably like "I always get lynched for blah blah, so fuck it, I'm just going to do this instead!: or something, but you're making me so very suspicious. You are my oldest Mafia friend and I love you, but I'm voting for you as well.
what exactly is suspicious about my behavior?
I'm going for more or less the same "fast-and-loose" play that I've employed on Day 1 in my last few games. It's fun to just say shit and get engaged in the thread and throw mud around.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:22 pm From Mortal Kombat:
Glorfindel wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:11 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:08 pm Oh by the way, Glorfindel, I totally took advantage of that in the Mad Max game and it was lame of me to do that. I never properly apologized. Sorry buddy!
Again, there is no need to apologise, Jay. Of all the people I’ve met playing these games, there is no one whom I hold in higher regard than you for your intellect, reason, passion for the game and your integrity. You did what you felt you needed to do and it worked out for you - and I respect that. I do think however that it was a potentially a risky strategy (had I actually been Town). I will likely return to my policy of permanent non-declaration of my alignment after this game so whilst it worked out for you in Mad Max, I’d counsel you to think twice in future.

And just like Chuckles, I’m thrilled to be back here, in a game with you, my friend :hugs:

hmm ok. if he said before this game that he'd be doing that then maybe it's NAI that he won't answer, but it still gives me a bad feeling.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 136

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:05 pm
Point?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]nutella[/mention] I'm not sure I follow your thought process RE: Glorfindel. On the one hand you say his behavior is NAI, but in the same sentence you add that it gives you a bad feeling. What's the bad feeling is his behavior doesn't indicate anything about his alignment?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Glorfindel »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:19 am I believe Glorfindel has stated that he won't be answering questions about his alignment because that takes the fun out of the game. I get nothing out of his non-answer. But I would like to know what he thinks of kyle and mac for their treatment of him. @ Glorfindel
Greetings, Master Sloonei! It is truly a pleasure for me to again be playing with you - I trust you will stick around a little longer this time so I may gain a lot more from the experience. In answer to your question, I’m not sure. Kyle doesn’t have the benefit of the experience of me here at The Syndicate that many of the rest of you have and granted, my approach to these games could hardly be described as ‘conventional’ so I figure that explains his early treatment of me this game. Yet the vote he placed on me (for the purpose of encouraging me to respond to him) remains despite me having done so. That and something about his tone is not giving me a good vibe.

Mac, on the other hand appears to have mellowed in my opinion. He seems a lot less brusque than I recall from past games and I genuinely appreciate his counsel and will of course, take it under advisement (as would anyone, given his experience in these games).
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:17 pm @nutella I'm not sure I follow your thought process RE: Glorfindel. On the one hand you say his behavior is NAI, but in the same sentence you add that it gives you a bad feeling. What's the bad feeling is his behavior doesn't indicate anything about his alignment?
This’ll be good! I’m hanging on the answer to that one!

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Sadly, this is one pretty sick little Elf (STILL!). I’m going to be on today in between some rather long naps, I expect so I trust you can respect my need for recuperation...

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:17 pm @nutella I'm not sure I follow your thought process RE: Glorfindel. On the one hand you say his behavior is NAI, but in the same sentence you add that it gives you a bad feeling. What's the bad feeling is his behavior doesn't indicate anything about his alignment?
My thought process was
-> He hasn't stated that he's a civ! He's avoiding the topic, and knowing Glorfindel, that means he's bad!
-> He's asked directly, and responds "Are you serious?" He's soooo obviously bad
-> Oh, apparently he said previously that he would avoid the question either way in future games so as to not make his alignment unfairly obvious
-> Still, he could be taking advantage of that (i.e. drew a mafia card and is lucky he had this excuse ready) and his blatant refusal to answer the question gives me a bad feeling
-> Still again, he could be a civ legitimately standing behind his plan not to answer (after all, he is nothing if not a man of his word.)

And cycling back and forth between those last two steps. Still, I think it would have been prudent of him to point us in the direction of his previous avowal, since it was in a different game and only you made the connection, to ensure that we understood his motive for not answering the question, rather than just saying "are you serious?"
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

A wild scum appears
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:35 pm
A wild scum appears
Vote for somebody.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:52 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:35 pm
A wild scum appears
Vote for somebody.
Ok
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Thank you. Now talk about that vote.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:56 pm Thank you. Now talk about that vote.
Your question of nutella was a bad look. Her feelings were justified and needn't elaboration. You were faking confusion to make someone who is attracting heat justify something that was obvious. I believe it is because of a mixture of a) you aren't genuinely trying to find the bad guys b) you are hoping to build a mislynch or c) you are both bad and you are establishing distance.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Glorfindel wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:21 pmIn answer to your question, I’m not sure. Kyle doesn’t have the benefit of the experience of me here at The Syndicate that many of the rest of you have and granted, my approach to these games could hardly be described as ‘conventional’ so I figure that explains his early treatment of me this game. Yet the vote he placed on me (for the purpose of encouraging me to respond to him) remains despite me having done so. That and something about his tone is not giving me a good vibe.
I voted for you in an attempt to draw out your traditional "i am civ" post or lack there of. If you are purposefully steering yourself away that meta then that's fine. I respect that. Purposefully giving yourself such an obvious tell seems like a needless challenge.

The reason my vote is still on you is because the explanations I've received about you have all come from other players. You haven't answered or even acknowledged any of the questions regarding the change in your meta. Not even as much as a "I don't do that anymore" or "I'm not responding to that" or a "Sloonei is right"
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Glorfindel never lies. Glorfindel refused to answer whether he was maphier. Glorfindel said in another thread he wasn't going to directly answer the question either way. So it's pingy but ultimately NAI.

Your stomping round the thread on day 1 trying to promote gameplay to keep up with your meta but it's clunky and coming off insincere Mr. Darth Sloonei.
Ambray
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Ambray »

So I suddenly am working non stop over the next couple days, quite literally so won't be likely around to vote tomorrow.

In all the games I ever played of mafia I only played 1 that allowed role claiming and I still find it hard to wrap my head around it being an ok thing to do nowadays and I really can't say that I like it as a an allowance, but thems the kicks. :shrug2:

I remember yesterday being pinged by somebody, but I honestly do not have the energy in me right now to go back and reread, even just 2 pages worth. xD

I am getting civvie vibes from Kyle so far and I agree with his assessment of the role claiming situation - I am surprised at the amount of people disagreeing with him and calling him mafia for it...
I'm going to follow his lead and vote glorfindel, just cause.

Sorry to be so useless so early in the game.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

what is maphier?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:19 pm what is maphier?
Maphier is a hip way of spelling Mafia.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:10 pm
Your question of nutella was a bad look. Her feelings were justified and needn't elaboration. You were faking confusion to make someone who is attracting heat justify something that was obvious. I believe it is because of a mixture of a) you aren't genuinely trying to find the bad guys b) you are hoping to build a mislynch or c) you are both bad and you are establishing distance.
No. I asked for clarification because I wanted nutella to be more clear. It's what I do. I liked the answer she gave. What is your read on her?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:23 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:10 pm
No. I asked for clarification because I wanted nutella to be more clear. It's what I do. I liked the answer she gave. What is your read on her?
Orange skittle
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:20 pm
do you believe that glorfindel's conviction to not speak about his own alignment would extend to include not speaking about his conviction to not reference his own alignment?

I feel like we are dealing with a fey woodland creature. Like glorfindel's secretly the left door from Labyrinth that only tells the truth.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Moved my vote to Long Con. He put a vote on nutella with only a vague reference to something suspicious. I don't like it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Ambray wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:17 pm So I suddenly am working non stop over the next couple days, quite literally so won't be likely around to vote tomorrow.

In all the games I ever played of mafia I only played 1 that allowed role claiming and I still find it hard to wrap my head around it being an ok thing to do nowadays and I really can't say that I like it as a an allowance, but thems the kicks. :shrug2:

I remember yesterday being pinged by somebody, but I honestly do not have the energy in me right now to go back and reread, even just 2 pages worth. xD

I am getting civvie vibes from Kyle so far and I agree with his assessment of the role claiming situation - I am surprised at the amount of people disagreeing with him and calling him mafia for it...

Sorry to be so useless so early in the game.
Why are you voting for Glorfindel?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Ambray wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:17 pmI am getting civvie vibes from Kyle so far and I agree with his assessment of the role claiming situation - I am surprised at the amount of people disagreeing with him and calling him mafia for it...
hi sofi!

do you believe glorfindel is bad because you agree with me or because you trust me?

my vote for glorfindel is specifically about a meta that I barely know about because of the one other game we've both played in, have you played with glorfy before?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:29 pm
do you believe that glorfindel's conviction to not speak about his own alignment would extend to include not speaking about his conviction to not reference his own alignment?

I feel like we are dealing with a fey woodland creature. Like glorfindel's secretly the left door from Labyrinth that only tells the truth.
I dunno. Ask him.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:45 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:29 pm

I dunno. Ask him.
i've been trying to

[mention]Glorfindel[/mention] it's okay with you speak in hypotheticals, but i would like an answer from you on this topic.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'm not all that interested in probing into Glorfindel's honesty policy. He's said he wants to get away from it and I think it's a cheap ploy to go after him with that anyway. I'm much more interested in hearing his reads on people in this thread right now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

There's also Jackofhearts. What do we make of him restricting himself to emojis only?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 55

Post by insertnamehere »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:52 pm I'm not all that interested in probing into Glorfindel's honesty policy. He's said he wants to get away from it and I think it's a cheap ploy to go after him with that anyway. I'm much more interested in hearing his reads on people in this thread right now.
Same.

Seems like Day 1 has turned into what it often does - an "instigatathon" to see who can provoke, via needling and probing, some legitimate suspicions. Unfortunately, it seems like all of the instigators are now instigating each other, (or going after Glorfindel) and producing nothing of value.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:54 pm There's also Jackofhearts. What do we make of him restricting himself to emojis only?
Everyone say it with me.

"SELF-IMPOSED POSTING RESTRICTIONS ARE NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT."

Been down this road too many damn times.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Very well. I’m putting an end to this nonsense once and for all. If no one could’ve guessed, THIS game means a great deal to me (perhaps more than any other that I’ve played here at the Syndicate) and I am not going to let those disingenuous amongst you use my reputation and meta against me here. Yes, I AM TOWN! You can take that to the bank or wherever else you damn well want to - I’m not going to blissfully be mislynched by the forces of #*^%ing Mordor! I’d said it before, and this game has proven it to me now - my continued presence in these games has become truly untenable. Accordingly, please don’t expect that I’ll be returning for The Two Towers (as much as that pains me). I’ll have more to say on this matter once this game is ended.

In the meantime, I’m not buying Nutella’s twisted logic for voting me so here... have one of your own!

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:12 pm
Glorfindel wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:21 pmIn answer to your question, I’m not sure. Kyle doesn’t have the benefit of the experience of me here at The Syndicate that many of the rest of you have and granted, my approach to these games could hardly be described as ‘conventional’ so I figure that explains his early treatment of me this game. Yet the vote he placed on me (for the purpose of encouraging me to respond to him) remains despite me having done so. That and something about his tone is not giving me a good vibe.
I voted for you in an attempt to draw out your traditional "i am civ" post or lack there of. If you are purposefully steering yourself away that meta then that's fine. I respect that. Purposefully giving yourself such an obvious tell seems like a needless challenge.

The reason my vote is still on you is because the explanations I've received about you have all come from other players. You haven't answered or even acknowledged any of the questions regarding the change in your meta. Not even as much as a "I don't do that anymore" or "I'm not responding to that" or a "Sloonei is right"
If I had a second vote, it’d be on you Buddy!

insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Glorfindel wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:02 pm Very well. I’m putting an end to this nonsense once and for all. If no one could’ve guessed, THIS game means a great deal to me (perhaps more than any other that I’ve played here at the Syndicate) and I am not going to let those disingenuous amongst you use my reputation and meta against me here. Yes, I AM TOWN! You can take that to the bank or wherever else you damn well want to - I’m not going to blissfully be mislynched by the forces of #*^%ing Mordor! I’d said it before, and this game has proven it to me now - my continued presence in these games has become truly untenable. Accordingly, please don’t expect that I’ll be returning for The Two Towers (as much as that pains me). I’ll have more to say on this matter once this game is ended.

In the meantime, I’m not buying Nutella’s twisted logic for voting me so here... have one of your own!
> person doesn't trust/get glorfindel's idiosyncracies
> person suspects glorfindel for it
> glorfindel gets angry and disengages from the game
> glorfindel was an honest civilian the whole time
> rinse and repeat

WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

well damn

if you couldn't hold to your vow what'll you do when you draw mafia :(
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Glorfindel wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:02 pm Very well. I’m putting an end to this nonsense once and for all. If no one could’ve guessed, THIS game means a great deal to me (perhaps more than any other that I’ve played here at the Syndicate) and I am not going to let those disingenuous amongst you use my reputation and meta against me here. Yes, I AM TOWN! You can take that to the bank or wherever else you damn well want to - I’m not going to blissfully be mislynched by the forces of #*^%ing Mordor! I’d said it before, and this game has proven it to me now - my continued presence in these games has become truly untenable. Accordingly, please don’t expect that I’ll be returning for The Two Towers (as much as that pains me). I’ll have more to say on this matter once this game is ended.

I don't think I'm alone in saying that it's a treat to get to play with you, so I hope this sentiment is not permanent. I think we can all find a place where your personal convictions do not interfere with gameplay with more experience.

That said, tell me more about nutella. What parts of her logic seem twisted to you?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Heists”