[ENDGAME] - The Fellowship of the Ring Mafia (LoTR I)

Moderator: Community Team

So... what did you think?

I enjoyed this game very much!
12%
I will play Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
28%
This game was rather sad, like Gandalf's death before you realized he didn't actually die :O
12%
I found it strange that Glorfindel was both a role and a player all at once
16%
I wish that Day 2 wasn't 72 hours long
4%
I am a huge fan of J.R.R. Tolkien, and plan to read one of his many wonderful books in the near future
4%
Thank you for hosting Marmot, you were wonderful
24%

Total votes: 25
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 156
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Re: [DAY 1] - The Fellowship of the Ring Mafia (LoTR I)

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:52 pmI'm not all that interested in probing into Glorfindel's honesty policy. He's said he wants to get away from it and I think it's a cheap ploy to go after him with that anyway.
I mean that's really all well and good, but the fact that you're explaining this and he isn't is kind of weird, don't you think? glorfindel saying "i have decided to move away from my 'i'm civ' meta regardless of alignment and here is the post where i made this declaration" wouldn't break any honesty policy and would also answer every question that's been asked of him.

linki: acceptable
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 85
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

back to sloonei bc I agree with mac

also I still don't understand the votes on me! LC's reason didn't make any sense and neither did glorf's :disappoint: idr if nova explained his
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:08 pm
Glorfindel wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:02 pm Very well. I’m putting an end to this nonsense once and for all. If no one could’ve guessed, THIS game means a great deal to me (perhaps more than any other that I’ve played here at the Syndicate) and I am not going to let those disingenuous amongst you use my reputation and meta against me here. Yes, I AM TOWN! You can take that to the bank or wherever else you damn well want to - I’m not going to blissfully be mislynched by the forces of #*^%ing Mordor! I’d said it before, and this game has proven it to me now - my continued presence in these games has become truly untenable. Accordingly, please don’t expect that I’ll be returning for The Two Towers (as much as that pains me). I’ll have more to say on this matter once this game is ended.

In the meantime, I’m not buying Nutella’s twisted logic for voting me so here... have one of your own!
I don't think I'm alone in saying that it's a treat to get to play with you, so I hope this sentiment is not permanent. I think we can all find a place where your personal convictions do not interfere with gameplay with more experience.

That said, tell me more about nutella. What parts of her logic seem twisted to you?
:nicenod: yeah I really didn't want you to feel forced into breaking your vow and as you could see I was reconsidering my stance based on that, I was just waffly. I'm sorry if it hurt your feelings but what was "twisted logic" about my thought process?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Glorf, I wouldn't have mislynched you if you had simply said that you were holding to what you said about avoiding questions of alignment. You didn't have to say "I am town." I would have moved my vote if you had simply acknowledged that you were avoiding it.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I also want to hear more from Ambray because I don't think she has the context for all this Glorf stuff and she seemed to misunderstand what was going on and just followed Kyle's vote. :\
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:09 pm back to sloonei bc I agree with mac

also I still don't understand the votes on me! LC's reason didn't make any sense and neither did glorf's :disappoint: idr if nova explained his
Whqt do you agree with Mac on?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 27

Post by DrWilgy »

Ambray wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:17 pm So I suddenly am working non stop over the next couple days, quite literally so won't be likely around to vote tomorrow.

In all the games I ever played of mafia I only played 1 that allowed role claiming and I still find it hard to wrap my head around it being an ok thing to do nowadays and I really can't say that I like it as a an allowance, but thems the kicks. :shrug2:

I remember yesterday being pinged by somebody, but I honestly do not have the energy in me right now to go back and reread, even just 2 pages worth. xD

I am getting civvie vibes from Kyle so far and I agree with his assessment of the role claiming situation - I am surprised at the amount of people disagreeing with him and calling him mafia for it...
I'm going to follow his lead and vote glorfindel, just cause.

Sorry to be so useless so early in the game.
Ambray is baaaaaaaaaad. Sad day.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: [DAY 0] - The Fellowship of the Ring Mafia (LoTR I)

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:14 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:14 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:12 pmWell I'm doomed.
why?
Epignosis started the game off with this and I don't remember anything else he's said since. :shrug:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:15 pm
Ambray wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:17 pm So I suddenly am working non stop over the next couple days, quite literally so won't be likely around to vote tomorrow.

In all the games I ever played of mafia I only played 1 that allowed role claiming and I still find it hard to wrap my head around it being an ok thing to do nowadays and I really can't say that I like it as a an allowance, but thems the kicks. :shrug2:

I remember yesterday being pinged by somebody, but I honestly do not have the energy in me right now to go back and reread, even just 2 pages worth. xD

I am getting civvie vibes from Kyle so far and I agree with his assessment of the role claiming situation - I am surprised at the amount of people disagreeing with him and calling him mafia for it...

Tell me more.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 55

Post by insertnamehere »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:15 pm

Wouldn't go that far, but a random Glorf vote before disappearing ain't a good look. Hopefully she steps it up from here on.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

nutella wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:11 pm
Glorfindel wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:02 pm Very well. I’m putting an end to this nonsense once and for all. If no one could’ve guessed, THIS game means a great deal to me (perhaps more than any other that I’ve played here at the Syndicate) and I am not going to let those disingenuous amongst you use my reputation and meta against me here. Yes, I AM TOWN! You can take that to the bank or wherever else you damn well want to - I’m not going to blissfully be mislynched by the forces of #*^%ing Mordor! I’d said it before, and this game has proven it to me now - my continued presence in these games has become truly untenable. Accordingly, please don’t expect that I’ll be returning for The Two Towers (as much as that pains me). I’ll have more to say on this matter once this game is ended.

In the meantime, I’m not buying Nutella’s twisted logic for voting me so here... have one of your own!
I don't think I'm alone in saying that it's a treat to get to play with you, so I hope this sentiment is not permanent. I think we can all find a place where your personal convictions do not interfere with gameplay with more experience.

That said, tell me more about nutella. What parts of her logic seem twisted to you?
:nicenod: yeah I really didn't want you to feel forced into breaking your vow and as you could see I was reconsidering my stance based on that, I was just waffly. I'm sorry if it hurt your feelings but what was "twisted logic" about my thought process?
also this^ I wasn't trying to push you to break your new conviction to not say "I am town". I wanted a confirmation of the existence of that conviction that came from you instead of from Sloonei. I respect the concept of trying to change and improve your meta and escape from a limiting tendency, but it seemed strange that Sloonei was defending you about it and you weren't.

you're fun to play with so please don't feel discouraged.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

[mention]Ambray[/mention] i have questions
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 164

Post by Epignosis »

I had no access to certain pages of this thread (or other threads) at work because of the Internet filter. I could not quote LC's post I was responding to, but I thought my point was straightforward.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:18 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:05 pm
nutella wrote:L'chaim / game on :workit:
nutella wrote: boom rekt
nutella's first two posts in Fiddler on the Roof Mafia.
:confused: :confused: :confused:
MacDougall wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:09 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:05 pm
nutella wrote:L'chaim / game on :workit:
nutella wrote: boom rekt
nutella's first two posts in Fiddler on the Roof Mafia.
Point?
Long Con is accusing nutella of being mafia for this:
Long Con wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:13 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:03 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:00 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:38 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:27 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:19 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:05 pm Hot take ambray and sloonei are scum mates gg
Tell me more
you're asking all these questions to the point of sounding fake

idk the chance that you're actually teammates is probably pretty low, especially with all this interaction right after the game thread opens on day 0, but still I could see it as a possibility based on this behavior. and making a bold assertion like this should stimulate the discussion. hence the hot take
U bad
That was my initial take on it.
so you suspect me? why?
Your post is rife with hip jargon that I don't feel is natural for you. That's not how you usually talk, is it? It just pinged me as possibly forced and fake.
nutella's first two posts in Fiddler on the Roof Mafia was hip jargon. One was a Hebrew phrase, and the other was "boom rekt."
Long Con wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:07 am nutella, I can see you're shaking things up here, you're probably like "I always get lynched for blah blah, so fuck it, I'm just going to do this instead!: or something, but you're making me so very suspicious. You are my oldest Mafia friend and I love you, but I'm voting for you as well.
Let me holla atchy'all wid two observations:

First, LC supplied a reason nutella could be doing this (whatever this is), and that reason is not on fleek. He was hella making up shiz to distance himself from this lynch.

Second, how is nutella your oldest Mafia friend if you don't know how she posts? Brah, you got to know yo boo betta than that. smh

I'm lowkey voting LC.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:02 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:54 pm There's also Jackofhearts. What do we make of him restricting himself to emojis only?
Everyone say it with me.

"SELF-IMPOSED POSTING RESTRICTIONS ARE NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT."

Been down this road too many damn times.
what do you think of the content he's provided through that self-imposed restriction?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 164

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:16 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:14 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:14 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:12 pmWell I'm doomed.
why?
Epignosis started the game off with this and I don't remember anything else he's said since. :shrug:
Yes, it must be hard to remember anything anybody else says when you're busy posting every thirty-seven seconds and singing backup on "Summer Nights."
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Amby's post was too big and felt fake. It doesn't feel like a post that would be made day 1... meaning it's forced.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:37 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:54 pm There's also Jackofhearts. What do we make of him restricting himself to emojis only?
Everyone say it with me.

what do you think of the content he's provided through that self-imposed restriction?
about as much content as anyone else in this game

I went through this exact song and dance in WTNV Mafia with Ricochet, where we were both potential civilian BTSC buddies who were at each others throats the entire game because of his emoji gimmick.

And saw this exact song and dance happen in Blue Velvet Mafia when Ricochet found out the entire mafia team on like Day 2, and no one paid attention because of his gimmick.

I have reached a point where I don't give a shit about gimmicks. Frankly, people who harp on about them draw both my attention and my suspicion.

If I have to go through another game where people make it a major issue, I'm gonna be quite cross.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 97
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Thanks for the response, nutella, and to Epi for the look back at previous somewhat similar stuff. I don't suspect you for it any more. I just need to pay more attention.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:34 pm Moved my vote to Long Con. He put a vote on nutella with only a vague reference to something suspicious. I don't like it.
Oh puh-leeze. What is this, you're feeling the valid pressure from Mac already and you need to turn to the low-hanging fruit of Long Con? "I don't like it." Well, la di da. *vote Sloonei*
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 155
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:10 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:56 pm Thank you. Now talk about that vote.
Your question of nutella was a bad look. Her feelings were justified and needn't elaboration. You were faking confusion to make someone who is attracting heat justify something that was obvious. I believe it is because of a mixture of a) you aren't genuinely trying to find the bad guys b) you are hoping to build a mislynch or c) you are both bad and you are establishing distance.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:02 pm
Everyone say it with me.

I went through this exact song and dance in WTNV Mafia with Ricochet, where we were both potential civilian BTSC buddies who were at each others throats the entire game because of his emoji gimmick.

And saw this exact song and dance happen in Blue Velvet Mafia when Ricochet found out the entire mafia team on like Day 2, and no one paid attention because of his gimmick.

I have reached a point where I don't give a shit about gimmicks. Frankly, people who harp on about them draw both my attention and my suspicion.

If I have to go through another game where people make it a major issue, I'm gonna be quite cross.
I agree that it's unproductive to ignore or suspect a player purely for doing a thing like this. As a host, I watched wilgy get lynched for exactly this on Day 1 despite having the best reads in the game. But the gimmick is still a topic in the thread. It's something that can be talked about. If anything I am inclined to town read Jack off the bat because this sort of thing paints a huge target on any player who chooses to operate like this.

That said, I was explicitly not asking you about this here. Can you give a GTH read on Jack?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:10 pm
Everyone say it with me.

I agree that it's unproductive to ignore or suspect a player purely for doing a thing like this. As a host, I watched wilgy get lynched for exactly this on Day 1 despite having the best reads in the game. But the gimmick is still a topic in the thread. It's something that can be talked about. If anything I am inclined to town read Jack off the bat because this sort of thing paints a huge target on any player who chooses to operate like this.

That said, I was explicitly not asking you about this here. Can you give a GTH read on Jack?
Nope. Sue me.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 97
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Oh, come on, Glorf! You have a good thing going, but you ruin it with this kind of thing! Way cooler to just not say anything. I was looking forward to a game of that, where you weather the questions with polite aloofness or something. :disappoint:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:09 pm Thanks for the response, nutella, and to Epi for the look back at previous somewhat similar stuff. I don't suspect you for it any more. I just need to pay more attention.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:34 pm Moved my vote to Long Con. He put a vote on nutella with only a vague reference to something suspicious. I don't like it.
Oh puh-leeze. What is this, you're feeling the valid pressure from Mac already and you need to turn to the low-hanging fruit of Long Con? "I don't like it." Well, la di da. *vote Sloonei*
:rolleyes: what's your read on nutella in light of these new developments?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:12 pm Nope. Sue me.
who you gonna vote for?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

How bout we lynch Rico?
Image Image Image
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Glorfindel »

You are most kind, Master Sloonei and I wish that what you said were true (about finding a place where my personal convictions don’t interfere with gameplay, etc.) but I think we all know that place doesn’t exist and only ever could after a great deal of disappointment and frustration both on my part and that of the other members of any Town Team I ended up on between now and this side of eternity.

As for Nutella:

1. Post #36
nutella wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:05 pm Hot take ambray and sloonei are scum mates gg
Tell me more

idk the chance that you're actually teammates is probably pretty low, especially with all this interaction right after the game thread opens on day 0, but still I could see it as a possibility based on this behavior. and making a bold assertion like this should stimulate the discussion. hence the hot take
In this post, she accuses you (Master Sloonei) of sounding fake for doing precisely what you should do to drive the game forward and usually do (from my observation of your playstyle) - asking search questions. She then dismisses the probability of an ‘ingame partnership’ and then claims that her raising its likelihood should be sufficient reason to stimulate discussion... on what, precisely? Please tell me, because I have no idea :shrug: Sounds like posting for the sake of posting to me.

2. Post #72
nutella wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:04 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:53 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:33 pm i also don't think we should be so relaxed about roleclaiming. doing it helps the mafia narrow down who frodo is, and the role list also has additional civ roles "intended for mafia claims" so i don't think roleclaiming should even necessarily be a reason to trust someone.
You're bad too btw.

2 scum found.
why do you think Kyle is bad? He's expressing a very civ-minded strategic thought in this post
Kinda firm defense of Kyle here whom she will later sheep his vote onto me.

3. Post #140
nutella wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:47 am
Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:58 am pressure vote on Glorfindel
Oh shit good point. He hasn't said "I am town" yet. :srsnod:
Flippant. Cheap. Weak.

4. Post #173
nutella wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:30 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:17 pm @nutella I'm not sure I follow your thought process RE: Glorfindel. On the one hand you say his behavior is NAI, but in the same sentence you add that it gives you a bad feeling. What's the bad feeling is his behavior doesn't indicate anything about his alignment?
My thought process was
-> He hasn't stated that he's a civ! He's avoiding the topic, and knowing Glorfindel, that means he's bad!
-> He's asked directly, and responds "Are you serious?" He's soooo obviously bad
-> Oh, apparently he said previously that he would avoid the question either way in future games so as to not make his alignment unfairly obvious
-> Still, he could be taking advantage of that (i.e. drew a mafia card and is lucky he had this excuse ready) and his blatant refusal to answer the question gives me a bad feeling
-> Still again, he could be a civ legitimately standing behind his plan not to answer (after all, he is nothing if not a man of his word.)

And cycling back and forth between those last two steps. Still, I think it would have been prudent of him to point us in the direction of his previous avowal, since it was in a different game and only you made the connection, to ensure that we understood his motive for not answering the question, rather than just saying "are you serious?"
Again, the summation of all that Nutella has put in this post is WIFOM and semantics - the kind that I suspect a Mafia would employ to blow smoke around what they might consider an easy mis-lynch. I mightn’t feel so strongly at this point had I limited interaction with her since I’ve been on this site but she’s been round long enough to know the score.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:16 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:12 pm Nope. Sue me.
who you gonna vote for?
dunno

if I knew, I would have voted already. If I had to vote now, it'd probably be for Ambray, but I'd like to keep her around because of her posting limitations, and the fact she hasn't played on the site in a while, and hasn't had the chance to do very much. However, the little she has done gives me the willies.

Linki: I don't entirely hate Glorf's case against Nutella. I'd like to see her response.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:18 pm How bout we lynch Rico?
why not ambray?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I've found myself suspecting nutella early on in every game recently for behavior similar to what she's shown so far here. I've been somewhat consciously checking myself on that this game. That said, I'm interested in seeing how she responds to Glorf.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Glorfindel »

No, I’m sure you never intended to force me into breaking any vow - that wasn’t your plan. You thought I’d stand by my principles and that would make me an easy mislynch - I can see through you... :eye:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:08 pm well damn

if you couldn't hold to your vow what'll you do when you draw mafia :(
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

[mention]Glorfindel[/mention] I don't want to talk about this ad nauseum b/c I'm mostly asking out of curiousity but what are your principles exactly? I'd assumed it was just a mafia quirk. Is this a real life thing too?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I'm hella down wit Epi's hip jargony criticisms of LC and I don't like LC's reason for voting Sloonei. Fake fake fake

Glorf, you're wrong about me, my thought process was completely natural. More proper response forthcoming
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Meanwhile I am equally happy with an LC or Ambray lynch at this time. They are both sketchy af
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Everyone say it with me.

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Glorfindel wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:19 pm

You are most kind, Master Sloonei and I wish that what you said were true (about finding a place where my personal convictions don’t interfere with gameplay, etc.) but I think we all know that place doesn’t exist and only ever could after a great deal of disappointment and frustration both on my part and that of the other members of any Town Team I ended up on between now and this side of eternity.

As for Nutella:

1. Post #36
Tell me more

In this post, she accuses you (Master Sloonei) of sounding fake for doing precisely what you should do to drive the game forward and usually do (from my observation of your playstyle) - asking search questions. She then dismisses the probability of an ‘ingame partnership’ and then claims that her raising its likelihood should be sufficient reason to stimulate discussion... on what, precisely? Please tell me, because I have no idea :shrug: Sounds like posting for the sake of posting to me.
What's wrong with posting for the sake of posting/for the sake of stimulating discussion? That's literally what D1 is all about. Gotta stir the pot. Gotta make takes while they're hot. And I recognize that Sloonei is doing what he usually does but I felt like he was doing it a little too much/asking questions that sounded forced or had already been more or less answered.
Glorfindel wrote:2. Post #72
nutella wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:04 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:53 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:33 pm i also don't think we should be so relaxed about roleclaiming. doing it helps the mafia narrow down who frodo is, and the role list also has additional civ roles "intended for mafia claims" so i don't think roleclaiming should even necessarily be a reason to trust someone.
You're bad too btw.

2 scum found.
why do you think Kyle is bad? He's expressing a very civ-minded strategic thought in this post
Kinda firm defense of Kyle here whom she will later sheep his vote onto me.
Not a defense of Kyle's alignment. A defense of the thought process of one post he made. Coincidence that I agreed with him on you later.
Glorfindel wrote:3. Post #140
nutella wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:47 am
Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:58 am pressure vote on Glorfindel
Oh shit good point. He hasn't said "I am town" yet. :srsnod:
Flippant. Cheap. Weak.
No. Natural expression of what I thought at the time was a great catch.
Glorfindel wrote:4. Post #173
nutella wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:30 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:17 pm @nutella I'm not sure I follow your thought process RE: Glorfindel. On the one hand you say his behavior is NAI, but in the same sentence you add that it gives you a bad feeling. What's the bad feeling is his behavior doesn't indicate anything about his alignment?
My thought process was
-> He hasn't stated that he's a civ! He's avoiding the topic, and knowing Glorfindel, that means he's bad!
-> He's asked directly, and responds "Are you serious?" He's soooo obviously bad
-> Oh, apparently he said previously that he would avoid the question either way in future games so as to not make his alignment unfairly obvious
-> Still, he could be taking advantage of that (i.e. drew a mafia card and is lucky he had this excuse ready) and his blatant refusal to answer the question gives me a bad feeling
-> Still again, he could be a civ legitimately standing behind his plan not to answer (after all, he is nothing if not a man of his word.)

And cycling back and forth between those last two steps. Still, I think it would have been prudent of him to point us in the direction of his previous avowal, since it was in a different game and only you made the connection, to ensure that we understood his motive for not answering the question, rather than just saying "are you serious?"
Again, the summation of all that Nutella has put in this post is WIFOM and semantics - the kind that I suspect a Mafia would employ to blow smoke around what they might consider an easy mis-lynch. I mightn’t feel so strongly at this point had I limited interaction with her since I’ve been on this site but she’s been round long enough to know the score.
Again, my actual thought process. Completely organic. And I always waffle. Not intentionally "blowing smoke," just trying to figure out where I stood. I don't want to mislynch you, and after gaining perspective from what Sloonei pointed out I reconsidered my stance because the evidence up until then caused me to believe you were most likely bad. I changed my mind. Happens.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Glorfindel wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:25 pm

No, I’m sure you never intended to force me into breaking any vow - that wasn’t your plan. You thought I’d stand by my principles and that would make me an easy mislynch - I can see through you... :eye:
No. I legitimately thought you were bad until Sloonei explained your previously expressed intention to avoid stating alignment. When I found out about that, I decided that you were about equally likely to be town, but I still wanted to hear from you yourself that you indeed intended to avoid such statements. Again and again I repeat this point: I, and I think Kyle as well, would have backed off of you if you had confirmed that you were following that plan to avoid answering alignment questions. You DID NOT NEED TO SAY I AM TOWN. YOU JUST HAD TO CONFIRM THAT YOU DIDN'T WANT TO SAY. And I would have backed off. I never wanted to mislynch you. I suspected you when I thought you were bad for a completely legitimate reason, backed off partially when Sloonei provided the quote from the other game, but was still hesitant because you had not acknowledged that motive. If you had acknowledged it I would have completely backed off. Instead you decided to just go ahead and say you're town, so good luck next time you're mafia :rolleyes:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 81

Post by rabbit8 »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:57 am Let's start this off with a vote on rabbit8. The most awesome motherfucker I've ever encountered should have something to say.
Something.
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 43

Post by timmer »

Did a read through. Not much stands out mostly becauseIve lost touch with peoples usual m.o. Not a fan of Long Cons posts but the attention he's getting feels a bit easy. Holding my vote for now.
My siggie.
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

timmer wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:27 pm Did a read through. Not much stands out mostly becauseIve lost touch with peoples usual m.o. Not a fan of Long Cons posts but the attention he's getting feels a bit easy. Holding my vote for now.
That's why I like lynching LC. He's easy, ask BR..... :shifty:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

rabbit8 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:25 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:57 am Let's start this off with a vote on rabbit8. The most awesome motherfucker I've ever encountered should have something to say.
Something.
What's your read on Sloonei?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:29 pm
Something.
I'm illiterate. So... :beer:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Can someone give me a meta read on rabbit please and thank you?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

rabbit8 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:31 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:29 pm
Something.
I'm illiterate. So... :beer:
got any thoughts to share at all?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Thinking is hard.
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:33 pm Can someone give me a meta read on rabbit please and thank you?
Oh, this goona be gooooood...... :suspish:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Spent line twenty minutes trying to make a rainbow list on mobile with quotes and smilies and my daughter closed the damn tab.

Fuck it.

Kyle and Mac are bad.

LC and Nutella are meh.

INH, Sloonei, Epi are good.

And of course Glor is good.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:40 pm Spent line twenty minutes trying to make a rainbow list on mobile with quotes and smilies and my daughter closed the damn tab.
:bighug:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Heists”