[ENDGAME] - The Fellowship of the Ring Mafia (LoTR I)

Moderator: Community Team

So... what did you think?

I enjoyed this game very much!
12%
I will play Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
28%
This game was rather sad, like Gandalf's death before you realized he didn't actually die :O
12%
I found it strange that Glorfindel was both a role and a player all at once
16%
I wish that Day 2 wasn't 72 hours long
4%
I am a huge fan of J.R.R. Tolkien, and plan to read one of his many wonderful books in the near future
4%
Thank you for hosting Marmot, you were wonderful
24%

Total votes: 25
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 81

Re: [DAY 1] - The Fellowship of the Ring Mafia (LoTR I)

Post by rabbit8 »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:00 pm
rabbit8 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:49 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:20 pm Epi and rabbit should give reads on each other while they're here.
DFaraday wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:20 pm I quickly read through to catch up, and don't have really strong reads atm. I will go ahead and *vote Rabbit* for now since he's made a fair few posts but seems to be avoiding casebuilding or even on-topic engagement.
^^
This is my best case on Epi......
Explain
Why you no extrapolate?
Kylemii wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:15 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:02 pmNo, I think it's just a personal conviction against lying. He won't do it.
That's such an alien concept. It must be nice to be able to live like that.
Yeah, fuck Santa. He costs me so much anyway.

How often are mafia lynched day 1 nowadays?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

rabbit8 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:21 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:00 pm
rabbit8 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:49 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:20 pm Epi and rabbit should give reads on each other while they're here.
DFaraday wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:20 pm I quickly read through to catch up, and don't have really strong reads atm. I will go ahead and *vote Rabbit* for now since he's made a fair few posts but seems to be avoiding casebuilding or even on-topic engagement.
^^
This is my best case on Epi......
Explain
Why you no extrapolate?
Because I want to hear it from you.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

There's going to be a big difference in what you want and what you get..... :smoky:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

rabbit8 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:23 pm There's going to be a big difference in what you want and what you get..... :smoky:
I am realizing this, anti-Sloon.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 156
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:48 pm Kyle, your vote has sat on Ambray for a while. Is she currently your strongest suspect?
no, I put my vote on sofi cus I wanted an explanation for her vote on Glorfindel which cited me as a source of confidence. She's still a suspect, but I don't want to lynch her today.

I've been trying to get out of my meta of only ever voting last minute. I think it will improve my effectiveness as a player.
who else are you considering?
good question... i want to look back through LC and LA's posts since they've been brought up by others. I think a meta-dive on rabbit may be beneficial as well.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

of course if sofi comes back before deadline i'd like an explanation of her vote
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 85
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:02 pmNo, I think it's just a personal conviction against lying. He won't do it.
TBF I'm pretty averse to dishonesty in most situations irl. Easy for me to make an exception for playing mafia though.

Ugh, this vote spread. "Disgusting."

I think I'm feeling better about LC for the moment, which leaves me about equally open to adding my vote to Ambray or Rabbit. Unfortunately they're both back from hiatus and I'd feel pretty bad lynching either of them D1, especially if I've perhaps forgotten their usual meta and they're really just civs doing their best with a largely unfamiliar set of players. Putting my vote on Ambray for now because I think rabbit at least is being more or less his usual self while Ambray has done nothing to answer for her questionable behavior. And I know she said she's been really busy but I think she'd still be posting a bit more content as a civ.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

As much as rabbit is confounding and resisting me, I don't feel like he's a scum player. This strikes me as a chaos townie in the vein of Drwilgy, but more vocal right now than the Doctor himself. I need to leave in less than an hour and won't be back til either after or right before the deadline, so I'd like to cast a vote that actually means something now.
novaselinenever would be a totally uninspiring lynch. I want him to say things, but lynching a guy with 2 posts when there are more substantial cases to be made is lame. I feel similarly about Ambray, but I at least feel like there's the beginnings of a case to be made against her. That said, I'm unlikely to vote for her. Of the rest of the two-vote candidates, that leaves me with myself, nutella, and LC. I don't see me voting for myself and I haven't been inspired by any of the arguments I've seen against nutella. She looks like a player who's been trying to make the game happen on Day 0/1. I am most comfortable voting for LC, but that's far from being a definitive vote. I didn't like how easily he picked up and then dropped his suspicion against nutella, and his vote for rabbit looks like potential opportunism. Moving my vote back to Long Con.

I'll continue to hover around the thread for a bit longer, and I hope you all continue pumping this thing full of juicy content right up until the deadline. Things feel like they're starting to take shape, keep it up.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sometimes. I don't know the stats but has happened quite a few times in recent memory. What was the purpose of asking this question?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:29 pm
TBF I'm pretty averse to dishonesty in most situations irl. Easy for me to make an exception for playing mafia though.

Ugh, this vote spread. "Disgusting."

I think I'm feeling better about LC for the moment, which leaves me about equally open to adding my vote to Ambray or Rabbit. Unfortunately they're both back from hiatus and I'd feel pretty bad lynching either of them D1, especially if I've perhaps forgotten their usual meta and they're really just civs doing their best with a largely unfamiliar set of players. Putting my vote on Ambray for now because I think rabbit at least is being more or less his usual self while Ambray has done nothing to answer for her questionable behavior. And I know she said she's been really busy but I think she'd still be posting a bit more content as a civ.
lol. I like a good vote spread on Day 1. It indicates a game full of civilians throwing crap against the wall. what has you feeling better about LC today?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:31 pm As much as rabbit is confounding and resisting me, I don't feel like he's a scum player. This strikes me as a chaos townie in the vein of Drwilgy, but more vocal right now than the Doctor himself.
Yeah that's p much how the rabbit do. I think he's most likely a townie being zany.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Glorfindel »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:38 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:31 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:12 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:01 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:49 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:40 pm are you trying to tell me you didn't find it weird, jack?
:srsnod: :srsnod: :srsnod:
So for you it's just totally normal and expected for Sloonei to quash lines of questioning on day one? To create an environment where a questioned player doesn't need to explain themselves because it's already being done for them?
Are you questioning me for providing an explanation of Glorfindel's behavior?
The fact that you explained his behavior once was fine, but even after that, you were giving Glorfindel opportunities to not have to explain himself, or his attempted change in meta. Why not let him speak for himself? Why was it important for you to be the one to do it?
I stood up for Glorfindel because I don't like to see people manipulating his meta to get an easy read on him. I feel like it's teetering on the edge of what is or isn't in the spirit of the game. He's stated that he doesn't want this to be something that follows him around in every game, and I think his behavior in this thread indicates his discomfort with it. I wanted us to move away from that particular line of inquiry. I don't wish to speak for him, but I also don't want to see him pursued in a way that I think is unfair or uncomfortable for him.
I don’t know what role you’ve drawn this game Master Sloonei but it there would be no better fit for you personally than Frodo Baggins - such a noble soul!
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:31 pm I am most comfortable voting for LC, but that's far from being a definitive vote. I didn't like how easily he picked up and then dropped his suspicion against nutella, and his vote for rabbit looks like potential opportunism. Moving my vote back to Long Con.
hm I didn't really think of it this way, I thought his change of heart looked genuine but I could be biased. I'll reread him and see what I think about the possible opportunism. He's a tricky one that LC. Been playing with him for ten years and can still never make up my mind about his style.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Glorfindel wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:35 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:40 pm are you trying to tell me you didn't find it weird, jack?
So for you it's just totally normal and expected for Sloonei to quash lines of questioning on day one? To create an environment where a questioned player doesn't need to explain themselves because it's already being done for them?
The fact that you explained his behavior once was fine, but even after that, you were giving Glorfindel opportunities to not have to explain himself, or his attempted change in meta. Why not let him speak for himself? Why was it important for you to be the one to do it?
I stood up for Glorfindel because I don't like to see people manipulating his meta to get an easy read on him. I feel like it's teetering on the edge of what is or isn't in the spirit of the game. He's stated that he doesn't want this to be something that follows him around in every game, and I think his behavior in this thread indicates his discomfort with it. I wanted us to move away from that particular line of inquiry. I don't wish to speak for him, but I also don't want to see him pursued in a way that I think is unfair or uncomfortable for him.
I don’t know what role you’ve drawn this game Master Sloonei but it there would be no better fit for you personally than Frodo Baggins - such a noble soul!
That felt more like a Samwise post, tbh.

got any reads other than the ones you've already expressed? I don't think nutella is a good lynch today.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

nutella wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:29 pmTBF I'm pretty averse to dishonesty in most situations irl. Easy for me to make an exception for playing mafia though.
Well like i get that, and I don't ever lie to people I care about but even in real life there's situations where it's better or easier to lie than to tell the truth. People ask too many personal questions, far too casually sometimes, and real truths have be earned. It's not my job to make sure people know things about me.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 136

Post by MacDougall »

So I am ignoring Jack because his emoji posts are dumb.

Sloonei your posts are tldr.

Let's lynch Wilgy.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:42 pm So I am ignoring Jack because his emoji posts are dumb.

Let's lynch Wilgy.
Why Wilgy?

I just reread LC's ISO and I'm feeling... aggressively neutral on him. In a dangerously teeter-tottery way. The fact that I can read him as bad makes me want to.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:30 pm ISOs
Ambray
DFaraday
DrWilgy
Epignosis
Glorfindel
insertnamehere
Jackofhearts2005
Kylemii
Long Con
Macdougall
novaselinenever
nutella
rabbit8
Sloonei
timmer

Marmot

I need to stop wasting time and get to work on school junk.
[mention]Marmot[/mention] could you do me a favor and plug this into an opening post, thanks, I love you.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 27

Post by DrWilgy »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:42 pm So I am ignoring Jack because his emoji posts are dumb.

Let's lynch Wilgy.
Hey cutie. Been thinking bout you lot lately. Them strong legs of yours...

Y'know I think we should do brunch soon.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

nutella wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:31 pm
Sometimes. I don't know the stats but has happened quite a few times in recent memory. What was the purpose of asking this question?
What is the purpose of asking for reads on the improbable?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 155
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:24 pm
rabbit8 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:23 pm There's going to be a big difference in what you want and what you get..... :smoky:
I am realizing this, anti-Sloon.
You're like my new Golden..... :eek:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Re: [DAY 0] - The Fellowship of the Ring Mafia (LoTR I)

Long Con wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:06 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:56 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:46 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:40 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:35 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:40 pm Spent line twenty minutes trying to make a rainbow list on mobile with quotes and smilies and my daughter closed the damn tab.

Fuck it.

Kyle and Mac are bad.

LC and Nutella are meh.

INH, Sloonei, Epi are good.

And of course Glor is good.
No actually I'm civ so I presume the rest of your reads are wrong too
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:40 am Inauthentic replies to Sloonei's questions hey. Gonna have to do better than that if you want to build a mislynch wagon on me that lazy civs and some Maphiers can dive on. Try quoting a post and saying this one and that should do it.

Is there something about Mac saying you want to mislynch him that makes him wolfy?
:nicenod:
Mac wrote:the rest of your reads are wrong too
Mac wrote:wrong
Mac wrote:trying to mislynch me
OH I see. So, is Mac saying you are wrong, and therefore a Civ, or that you want to mislynch him, and are therefore bad?

Do linguistic arguments usually pan out?

If Mac were bad, then he would be equally guilty of a dichotomous perspective. How do you know it makes him bad?

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:40 pm Spent line twenty minutes trying to make a rainbow list on mobile with quotes and smilies and my daughter closed the damn tab.

Fuck it.

Kyle and Mac are bad.

LC and Nutella are meh.

MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:40 am Inauthentic replies to Sloonei's questions hey. Gonna have to do better than that if you want to build a mislynch wagon on me that lazy civs and some Maphiers can dive on. Try quoting a post and saying this one and that should do it.

Is there something about Mac saying you want to mislynch him that makes him wolfy?
OH I see. So, is Mac saying you are wrong, and therefore a Civ, or that you want to mislynch him, and are therefore bad?

If Mac were bad, then he would be equally guilty of a dichotomous perspective. How do you know it makes him bad?

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I wasn't even saying you were maphier in that post you dweeb.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:48 pm
Ambray
DFaraday
DrWilgy
Epignosis
Glorfindel
insertnamehere
Jackofhearts2005
Kylemii
Long Con
Macdougall
novaselinenever
nutella
rabbit8
Sloonei
timmer

Marmot

@Marmot could you do me a favor and plug this into an opening post, thanks, I love you.
Done

[mention]Sloonei[/mention] I won't list my name there because if you're viewing that post then there's an ISO link right below my avatar.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Mafia----> Maphier?

Fucking ridiculousness....
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Fuck it.

Kyle and Mac are bad.

LC and Nutella are meh.

If Mac were bad, then he would be equally guilty of a dichotomous perspective.

How do you know it makes him bad?
EBWOP

:shrug:

:confused2: :confused2: :confused2:

Marmot wrote:And also, [Jack]'s like really good at mafia.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Marmot wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:05 pm
Ambray
DFaraday
DrWilgy
Epignosis
Glorfindel
insertnamehere
Jackofhearts2005
Kylemii
Long Con
Macdougall
novaselinenever
nutella
rabbit8
Sloonei
timmer

Marmot

@Marmot could you do me a favor and plug this into an opening post, thanks, I love you.
Done

@Sloonei I won't list my name there because if you're viewing that post then there's an ISO link right below my avatar.
Not on mobile
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Ambray
DFaraday
DrWilgy
Epignosis
Glorfindel
insertnamehere
Jackofhearts2005
Kylemii
Long Con
Macdougall
novaselinenever
nutella
rabbit8
Sloonei
timmer

Marmot

Done

@Sloonei I won't list my name there because if you're viewing that post then there's an ISO link right below my avatar.

Can't you just click on the person? I'm so confused by the uselessness of this. It's redundancy is annoying.

Am I just not woke enough? :|
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

rabbit8 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:05 pm Mafia----> Maphier?

Fucking ridiculousness....
It's fun to type.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Reading through nutella's posts.... some of her things early on were sketchy, but later on she basically went through the same exact mental journey toward understanding Glorfindel that I did. Further coming into day 1 and especially with her more recent posts I think I see a civ mindset. GTH civ LA
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Reading through nutella's posts.... some of her things early on were sketchy, but later on she basically went through the same exact mental journey toward understanding Glorfindel that I did. Further coming into day 1 and especially with her more recent posts I think I see a civ mindset. GTH civ LA
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

[mention]rabbit8[/mention] it's become common practice to put ISO links on the first page so you don't have to go searching for a post by someone to get the link under their name
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

rabbit8 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:08 pm
Ambray
DFaraday
DrWilgy
Epignosis
Glorfindel
insertnamehere
Jackofhearts2005
Kylemii
Long Con
Macdougall
novaselinenever
nutella
rabbit8
Sloonei
timmer

Marmot

Done

Can't you just click on the person? I'm so confused by the uselessness of this. It's redundancy is annoying.

Am I just not woke enough? :|
Sometimes it's difficult to find a post by a person to access their ISO, and there is mo ISO link at all on the mobile display. It's convenient to have those links readily available on the front page.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

and also because people using mobile can't access those links
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Mac, talk about wilgy.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:11 pm Mac, talk about wilgy.
He's either good or bad and we will never be able to truly know until we conduct a post mortem.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Long Con wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:19 pm Just a minor ping for the way he encouraged my suspicion of nutella.
:huh:
Ambray
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Ambray »

Haven't actually read the thread yet, but thought I should post as I seem to have attracted some votes. I assume for the way I voted and left.

My reason for voting the way is I thought I would have to vote last night as I wasn't expecting to be here today. I hate to not vote at all, because why sign up?

I did is I didn't have any suspicions as such that warranted me making a post and voting for someone of my own suspicions. Kyle is giving me completely opposite vibes to the game I played with him a week or so ago, a burglary I admit so short and sweet, but I agreed with his assessment of the role reveals and I saw he had made a post about glorfindel and so just as I needed to vote - I followed that. Hence the 'just cause' of my post. I expected it to be a throwaway vote and not taken seriously or followed, tbh. I knew more discussion would happen and probably other suspects followed.

Of course, it would've been nicer if it hadn't been me. :goofp:

I have a few pages to read now.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:26 pm
He's either good or bad and we will never be able to truly know until we conduct a post mortem.
:disappoint:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 27

Post by DrWilgy »

Kill it.

Amby must die.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:29 pm Kill it.

Amby must die.
explain?
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 97
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I also responded to Glorfindel in the same vein as Sloonei's statement here. Do you not find me suspicious for it?
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:37 pm
Glorfindel wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:35 pm
That felt more like a Samwise post, tbh.

got any reads other than the ones you've already expressed? I don't think nutella is a good lynch today.
I appreciate and respect your opinion on the Nutella lynching but for my personal satisfaction, I’ll await her response to my last post to her. I’m far from convinced on the basis of her earlier response and want to see a better defense than what I got. As for everyone else, I don’t get Jack. This game SHOULD be EPIC! Why anyone would artificially restrict themselves to posting in emoticons under these circumstances is nothing short of a travesty.

Epi is proving to be something of a problem - in my view he seems uncommonly disengaged and seems to be contributing little other than stating that (to which, anyone else) would see as the bleeding obvious.

Ambray is (in my view) spectacularly unimpressive. A veritable handful of posts and a lame-arse vote on me. I think she really needs to step it up but I’m reluctant to make assumptions about her alignment based on her scant contribution at this stage.

LC seems fairly normal LC to me - a pretty Null read there.

DrWilgey - Need to see more and review.

Kyle - I honestly don’t know what it is about Kyle. I’m sure he’s a lovely guy and very smart but I have this overwhelming vibe that he’s hiding something. I don’t know why I find it so hard to trust him - it’s actually starting to maker me feel kinda bad...

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:28 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:26 pm
:disappoint:
I have not much enthusiasm for the games right now. I'm doing my best.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:10 pm Reading through nutella's posts.... some of her things early on were sketchy, but later on she basically went through the same exact mental journey toward understanding Glorfindel that I did. Further coming into day 1 and especially with her more recent posts I think I see a civ mindset. GTH civ LA
Out of curiosity, my friend - what content of Nutella’s more recent posts (specifically) has led you to conclude that she is operating from a ‘civ mindset’? I have an open mind - please help me to see things from your perspective.

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Reading through LC's iso... I see a lot of questions being asked but he hasn't really done much follow up work on many of the things, other than his view on Nutella. In general, in comparison to fiddler mafia I'm seeing a more relaxed and less focused LC.

I'd appreciate if some other Roof Builders would compare and contrast LC's early game behavior between this game and that one.
Ambray
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ambray »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:40 pm
Ambray wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:17 pmI am getting civvie vibes from Kyle so far and I agree with his assessment of the role claiming situation - I am surprised at the amount of people disagreeing with him and calling him mafia for it...
I'm going to follow his lead and vote glorfindel, just cause.
hi sofi!

do you believe glorfindel is bad because you agree with me or because you trust me?

my vote for glorfindel is specifically about a meta that I barely know about because of the one other game we've both played in, have you played with glorfy before?
As previous post.
No idea what meta is.
No I haven't.
nutella wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:13 pm I also want to hear more from Ambray because I don't think she has the context for all this Glorf stuff and she seemed to misunderstand what was going on and just followed Kyle's vote. :\
Most accurate.
Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:25 pm @Ambray i have questions
Come at me bro.
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:46 pm Amby's post was too big and felt fake. It doesn't feel like a post that would be made day 1... meaning it's forced.
LOLOL.
My post was too big?
My my my, times really have changed.
timmer wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:55 pm Okay, so how have Day 1's been going around here these days? I see a lot of people either seeming to establish a meta (I'm going to do THIS this game") or reinforcing what seems to be their perceived norm (Sloonei "hi, I post a lot and ask a lot of questions") etc.

How does this meta-market typically end up? I guess I'm just struggling to find an entry point into the conversations.

I agree with this establishing a perceived norm stuff.
Sloonei wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:15 pm Looking at ambray
Ambray wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:26 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:10 pm
Ambray wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:30 pm THEY'RE TAKING THE HOBBITS TO.....

Spoilers. :srsnod:
Greetings Ambray! I don't believe we've ever played together. What can you tell me about your mafia background?
*Shows n00b card*

I have one of these and I think lynching Kyle is always a good idea. :nicenod:
Started the game off by claiming to be new. This turned out to be controversial:
Ambray wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:00 pm Lolololol. Here we go.

Not I'm not new. I started playing 10years ago on LP and have played on various sites since with several people here. But it has been a long time since I last played, excluding the speed game or whatever you called it I played on here the other night.

And if Kyle talks about SoFi, he's talking about me - that used to be my name....

I also like to lynch him a lot. For giggles.
Her noobie claim was contested immediately and she walked it back, then splashed in some non-game meta justification for lynching Kyle. It doesn't seem serious, but that sort of joke suspicion always strikes me as having the potential to be used by scum looking to skate by early in games. That said, I don't feel like this kind of behavior (both the jesting lynch justification and the dubious noobious claim) is necessarily suspicious. It's going to depend on how she follows it up once the game gets going in earnest. So...
Ambray wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:22 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:21 pm
Ambray wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:06 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:03 pm
Ambray wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:00 pm Lolololol. Here we go.

Not I'm not new. I started playing 10years ago on LP and have played on various sites since with several people here. But it has been a long time since I last played, excluding the speed game or whatever you called it I played on here the other night.

And if Kyle talks about SoFi, he's talking about me - that used to be my name....

I also like to lynch him a lot. For giggles.
What do you think of nutella's reaction to your counterfeit n00b card?
I said it purposefully as a nod to saying the same thing in the burglary game and her reacting the same way.
What is your read on her right now?
That it's like an hour into D1 and I don't have one. :shrug2:
Ambray wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:17 pm So I suddenly am working non stop over the next couple days, quite literally so won't be likely around to vote tomorrow.

In all the games I ever played of mafia I only played 1 that allowed role claiming and I still find it hard to wrap my head around it being an ok thing to do nowadays and I really can't say that I like it as a an allowance, but thems the kicks. :shrug2:

I remember yesterday being pinged by somebody, but I honestly do not have the energy in me right now to go back and reread, even just 2 pages worth. xD

I am getting civvie vibes from Kyle so far and I agree with his assessment of the role claiming situation - I am surprised at the amount of people disagreeing with him and calling him mafia for it...
I'm going to follow his lead and vote glorfindel, just cause.

Sorry to be so useless so early in the game.
I pressed her for a read on nutella after that initial activity and she gave an empty comment then a shrug. Her only contribution since the start of Day 1 is an apology for her absence (I don't hold this against her. Life happens) with a few more empty comments about the game (a remark about being unfamiliar with role claiming, and a ping from somebody unspecific). The only substantive content she provides is a vague town read on kyle.
I can see all of this being the product of a townie who's not fully invested in the game right now, but I also see reasons to be suspicious of Ambray. That said, there's not enough here for me to cast a vote with much confidence and I'd prefer to either give her a chance to get her feet wet or focus on the more talkative batch of players for now.

Ambray, any thoughts you have at all would be helpful. Even if it's just an elaboration on your civilian read on Kyle, or an identification of the player who pinged you earlier.
Wow, can't believe I actually have to defend myself over the n00b thing - that was a joke.
I started playing mafia 10years ago, but it has been a good 4-5 since I played, so near all the players are new and there are new terms and whatever to wrap my head around, but no I'm not a n00b - it was a simple jest. Nice to know things don't change with playing that ol' card though. :suspish:

RE Kyle - as above. It's nothing substantial. I just called him baddie pretty quick in the burglary game and he's not pinging me thus far.

In terms of what it was earlier in the game that did, I read back and it was regarding LC.
Him saying about LA being his oldest mafia buddy and therefore knowing she wasn't acting herself and talking funny just seemed super odd to me. Epig has already elaborated on this though and reading further it seems people had suspicions LC was being set up for an easy bandwagon...yet...doesn't look like many actually voted for him. They certainly hadn't by that point. :shrug2:

I'm confuzzled by this because I hold LC in high esteem, we all know he's one of the best players there is and I don't think it's like him to be found out as mafia over such a simple mistake.

More than anything - the fact that is was very quickly called a bandwagon where, imo, it really didn't seem like one at all is what has me suspicious though.

Hope this isn't too long of a post to be suspicious for you Doctor. :pout:
Ambray
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ambray »

However, reading all the LC suspicion on this page....
Eep..

Return to “Previous Heists”