[ENDGAME] - The Fellowship of the Ring Mafia (LoTR I)

Moderator: Community Team

So... what did you think?

I enjoyed this game very much!
12%
I will play Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
28%
This game was rather sad, like Gandalf's death before you realized he didn't actually die :O
12%
I found it strange that Glorfindel was both a role and a player all at once
16%
I wish that Day 2 wasn't 72 hours long
4%
I am a huge fan of J.R.R. Tolkien, and plan to read one of his many wonderful books in the near future
4%
Thank you for hosting Marmot, you were wonderful
24%

Total votes: 25
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 156
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Re: [DAY 1] - The Fellowship of the Ring Mafia (LoTR I)

Post by Kylemii »

Glorfindel wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:39 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:10 pm Reading through nutella's posts.... some of her things early on were sketchy, but later on she basically went through the same exact mental journey toward understanding Glorfindel that I did. Further coming into day 1 and especially with her more recent posts I think I see a civ mindset. GTH civ LA
Out of curiosity, my friend - what content of Nutella’s more recent posts (specifically) has led you to conclude that she is operating from a ‘civ mindset’? I have an open mind - please help me to see things from your perspective.
aside from the fact that we've been agreeing with her in mostly everything she's said since the dawn of day 1... this post fragment in particular was a big part of it during my iso:

clipped for only the relevant context:
nutella wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:02 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:49 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:48 pm[img]Mac's responses to your questions feel inauthentic. I don't believe Kyle didn't know about Glor saying he wouldn't claim town. His push felt fake and the backpedal is crap. He absolutely was pushing Glor because he wouldn't say he was town so being like "Oh you didn't need to claim" is yuck.[/inh]
EBWOP
so...why am I not as suspicious as Kyle considering I said pretty much the same things?
It looks to me like a real attempt to get a peek into Jack's mindset. I think a mafia Nutella would be content to let Jack be suspicious of me, and would... I think be more averse to associating herself with behavior that Jack already finds suspicious.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Ambray wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:57 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:25 pm @Ambray i have questions
Come at me bro.
No need, you've responded to everything.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 27

Post by DrWilgy »

@Amby, why hasn't your wagon accelerated? What is keeping you mostly at the same pace of the others?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Ambray
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Ambray »

Because I'm a wonderful person. Who would want to kill me. :hugs:

If you want to actually back that up with any postal proof of people defending me, be my guest. :shrug2:
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 27

Post by DrWilgy »

It doesn't have to be some magical voodoo reason my new friend that I want to maim.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 85
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Glorfindel wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:35 pm
I appreciate and respect your opinion on the Nutella lynching but for my personal satisfaction, I’ll await her response to my last post to her. I’m far from convinced on the basis of her earlier response and want to see a better defense than what I got.
You didn't really give me much to respond to. You implied I had some kind of double standard re: Sloonei. I didn't. I just had a bad gut reaction to some of his early prods. As for the Sloonei/Ambray teammate thing, I don't really know what else you want me to say about that. It was a tinfoil that I felt like throwing out for reactions (and on the off chance I happened to be right). It was based on the aforementioned bad gut feeling I had about Sloonei's posts about Ambray on the first page or two. I don't really believe it anymore but I felt it was worth tossing out at the time. You agree with me that "posting to stimulate discussion is a worthy goal." So what's the problem?

Then you say you think my vote for you after Kyle voted for you was "premeditated." What?? I don't understand why you think this. Ah yes, I've calculated some master plan to vote for Glorfindel, and I'll just so happen to do so after someone else does. This accusation just doesn't make any sense. I don't think you even have the timing of my vote right, I waited quite a while after posting about you before changing my vote (mostly because I was waiting for your response).

Your last point is yet again that you think I look like I've been "caught" in changing my mind on you. I've been over this several times. I learned something about you wanting to change your meta that I was not aware of previously, and that changed my perspective on your behavior. It's really not that complicated.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Ambray
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ambray »

Yikes, that's not very gentlemanly. :suspish:

linki - where have I missed the sloonie/me teammate post?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 155
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:42 pm So I am ignoring Jack because his emoji posts are dumb.

Sloonei your posts are tldr.

Let's lynch Wilgy.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Re: [DAY 0] - The Fellowship of the Ring Mafia (LoTR I)

Post by nutella »

[mention]Ambray[/mention] first page.
nutella wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:05 pm Hot take ambray and sloonei are scum mates gg
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Ambray
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ambray »

OIC, well..we're not
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:07 pm
Marmot wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:05 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:48 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:30 pm ISOs
Ambray
DFaraday
DrWilgy
Epignosis
Glorfindel
insertnamehere
Jackofhearts2005
Kylemii
Long Con
Macdougall
novaselinenever
nutella
rabbit8
Sloonei
timmer

Marmot

I need to stop wasting time and get to work on school junk.
@Marmot could you do me a favor and plug this into an opening post, thanks, I love you.
Done

@Sloonei I won't list my name there because if you're viewing that post then there's an ISO link right below my avatar.
Not on mobile
You don't need my sage advice on mobile.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 155
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Ambray wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:59 pm However, reading all the LC suspicion on this page....
Eep..

What does this mean?? Are you starting to agree with the LC suspicions, or not liking the people stating them?

Overall I think I like your defense... but you still don't seem to have made any effort to understand what went down with Glorfindel and your vote is still on him. And you have acknowledged that you just kind of blindly followed Kyle because you didn't know where else to put a D1 vote, but.... egh, I still don't like it. Now that you're back and can change your vote, what are you thinking?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 164

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:31 pm As much as rabbit is confounding and resisting me, I don't feel like he's a scum player. This strikes me as a chaos townie in the vein of Drwilgy, but more vocal right now than the Doctor himself. I need to leave in less than an hour and won't be back til either after or right before the deadline, so I'd like to cast a vote that actually means something now.
novaselinenever would be a totally uninspiring lynch. I want him to say things, but lynching a guy with 2 posts when there are more substantial cases to be made is lame. I feel similarly about Ambray, but I at least feel like there's the beginnings of a case to be made against her. That said, I'm unlikely to vote for her. Of the rest of the two-vote candidates, that leaves me with myself, nutella, and LC. I don't see me voting for myself and I haven't been inspired by any of the arguments I've seen against nutella. She looks like a player who's been trying to make the game happen on Day 0/1. I am most comfortable voting for LC, but that's far from being a definitive vote. I didn't like how easily he picked up and then dropped his suspicion against nutella, and his vote for rabbit looks like potential opportunism. Moving my vote back to Long Con.

I'll continue to hover around the thread for a bit longer, and I hope you all continue pumping this thing full of juicy content right up until the deadline. Things feel like they're starting to take shape, keep it up.
True story: DrWilgy had exactly two posts here and was bad.

If you put your vote on somebody to get them to talk, but you always end up coming around to, "Lynching a guy with two posts...is lame" and "totally uninspiring," what was the point of your vote? If the imminent threat of a lynch isn't real, then did you ever apply any real pressure?

I also don't agree that there are "more substantial cases." What cases do you find substantial? It looks to me like you dismissed all of them in the commentary that follows.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Glorfindel wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:35 pm
Epi is proving to be something of a problem - in my view he seems uncommonly disengaged and seems to be contributing little other than stating that (to which, anyone else) would see as the bleeding obvious.
Ambray
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ambray »

nutella wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:32 pm
Ambray wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:59 pm However, reading all the LC suspicion on this page....
Eep..

What does this mean?? Are you starting to agree with the LC suspicions, or not liking the people stating them?

Overall I think I like your defense... but you still don't seem to have made any effort to understand what went down with Glorfindel and your vote is still on him. And you have acknowledged that you just kind of blindly followed Kyle because you didn't know where else to put a D1 vote, but.... egh, I still don't like it. Now that you're back and can change your vote, what are you thinking?
Urgh wrote a post and it deleted. Try again.

What makes me suspicious of LC was the defense of him and people claiming there was a bandwagon when I don't feel there was one. What confuses me if last page his name was mentioned a fair bit. However, still no further votes on him, so guess it shouldn't give me too much of the heebies.

My vote isn't staying of Glorf now that I'm here. It most likely will change to LC unless something changes soon, will be leaving shortly.

I have not responded regarding Glorf as it seems to have become personal there and I don't know people here. I don't want to escalate it...
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Ambray wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:39 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:32 pm
Eep..

Urgh wrote a post and it deleted. Try again.

What makes me suspicious of LC was the defense of him and people claiming there was a bandwagon when I don't feel there was one. What confuses me if last page his name was mentioned a fair bit. However, still no further votes on him, so guess it shouldn't give me too much of the heebies.

My vote isn't staying of Glorf now that I'm here. It most likely will change to LC unless something changes soon, will be leaving shortly.

I have not responded regarding Glorf as it seems to have become personal there and I don't know people here. I don't want to escalate it...
My vote was on LC for a while. I recently moved it off him and onto you, but I could move it back. Not sure yet.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:42 pm Reading through LC's iso... I see a lot of questions being asked but he hasn't really done much follow up work on many of the things, other than his view on Nutella. In general, in comparison to fiddler mafia I'm seeing a more relaxed and less focused LC.

I'd appreciate if some other Roof Builders would compare and contrast LC's early game behavior between this game and that one.
Roof builders? :confused:

These people live under hills!
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Jack I like the idea and flavor behind emoji posting, and I think every game has room for a little bit of inscrutable behavior, but I'm not sure a game where we already have to deal with a frequently inscrutable Wilgy and Rabbit who is basically just a rude and loud Wilgy.

I hope this is just temporary and I wish that you will explain your thoughts soon.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Ambray wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:57 pm Epig
Anybody still confused as to whether Ambray is new? :shifty:
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:41 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:42 pm Reading through LC's iso... I see a lot of questions being asked but he hasn't really done much follow up work on many of the things, other than his view on Nutella. In general, in comparison to fiddler mafia I'm seeing a more relaxed and less focused LC.

I'd appreciate if some other Roof Builders would compare and contrast LC's early game behavior between this game and that one.

Really good joke. :) How do you think this LC compares to previous LC?
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 81

Post by rabbit8 »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:37 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:28 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:26 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:11 pm Mac, talk about wilgy.
He's either good or bad and we will never be able to truly know until we conduct a post mortem.
:disappoint:
I have not much enthusiasm for the games right now. I'm doing my best.
Lets lynch this fucker. :nicenod:

I've heard the maps are lazy scum..... :mafia:
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:45 pm
Ambray wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:57 pm Epig
Anybody still confused as to whether Ambray is new? :shifty:
Indignant reply coming in 3...2.....

:goofp:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:47 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:41 pm

Really good joke. :) How do you think this LC compares to previous LC?
I don't know how much stock I would put in LC's last performance being a predictive measure of future performances. That's the case for most veteran players. Long Con is my strongest suspicion right now, but saying that is akin to saying a man with three tharni is the wealthiest man in Gondor.

I have to cook and pee (not at the same time, mind you).
Ambray
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ambray »

Vote changed to LC.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:56 pmI don't know how much stock I would put in LC's last performance being a predictive measure of future performances. That's the case for most veteran players. Long Con is my strongest suspicion right now,
nnnnng I guess that's true. I think a part of me just wants to be able to say I know how to read long con
but saying that is akin to saying a man with three tharni is the wealthiest man in Gondor.
nerd :[
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Is nerd an insult again?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

epignosis, what do you think about all this?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:36 pm epignosis, what do you think about all this?
All what?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:01 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:36 pm epignosis, what do you think about all this?
All what?
the mafia game
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I moved my vote to DFaraday while I digest supper.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:03 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:01 pm
All what?
the mafia game
Oh that.

I think it's jolly good. :llama:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Six-way tie.

Who jumps? :feb:
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 43

Post by timmer »

Did you know that if you click on Kyle's ISO link on the front page, it takes you to Wilgy's posts, instead? It's like the game is trying to tell me something....
My siggie.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Pointers are hard k.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

I'm going to put my vote on DFaraday.

I agree with his briefest of points about rabbit, that he hasn't contributed much, but then again, neither has Wilgy (all jokes), neither has DF himself ( posts), or novaselinenever (barely here), neither have I, really. In a game full of quiet players, singling one out who doesn't have an established meta while others with established metas run rampant with jokes etc and you give them a pass just feels cheap and like something a mafia would do. Why tangle with a meta people know when you can vote the new guy?
My siggie.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

hey okay. I put my vote on DFaraday as a placeholder and now he has 3 votes
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

timmer wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:14 pm I'm going to put my vote on DFaraday.

I agree with his briefest of points about rabbit, that he hasn't contributed much, but then again, neither has Wilgy (all jokes), neither has DF himself ( posts), or novaselinenever (barely here), neither have I, really. In a game full of quiet players, singling one out who doesn't have an established meta while others with established metas run rampant with jokes etc and you give them a pass just feels cheap and like something a mafia would do. Why tangle with a meta people know when you can vote the new guy?
Ding ding ding!

We have a winner!

Tell him what he's won, Eönwë! :grin:
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:17 pm hey okay. I put my vote on DFaraday as a placeholder and now he has 3 votes
Why does that bother you?
My siggie.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:18 pm

Ding ding ding!

We have a winner!

Epi, do you suspect Timmer or DFaraday?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Hello MacDougall.

Seven-way tie. Who jumps? :feb:
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Kyle, what do YOU think of me and Faraday?
My siggie.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:22 pm

Ding ding ding!

We have a winner!

MacDougall.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

timmer wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:21 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:17 pm hey okay. I put my vote on DFaraday as a placeholder and now he has 3 votes
because I specifically put my vote on a player who was off the beaten path to take my vote off sofi and now suddenly he's is in contention for being lynched, despite having never been a subject of discussion.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Kyle, I feel like you are trying to follow me around. Why are you doing that?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:25 pm

Ding ding ding!

We have a winner!

MacDougall.
to rephrase, what did you mean by the "ding ding ding"

who won and what did they win? who is Eönwë
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:27 pm
timmer wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:21 pm
because I specifically put my vote on a player who was off the beaten path to take my vote off sofi and now suddenly he's is in contention for being lynched, despite having never been a subject of discussion.
These things can happen. Who will you move your vote to?
My siggie.
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

You don't hear me?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:30 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:25 pm

Ding ding ding!

We have a winner!

MacDougall.
to rephrase, what did you mean by the "ding ding ding"

who won and what did they win? who is Eönwë
It was a joke. timmer hadn't voted yet, so nobody jumped, but I didn't want my joke wasted. :meany:

Nobody won anything.

Eönwë is the announcer. It's in the commentary for The Silmarillion or something.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

rabbit jumped.

I can't blame him.

rabbits jump. :grin:

Return to “Previous Heists”