Buffy the Vampire Slayer: At the Hellmouth (End Game)

Moderator: Community Team

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 112

Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: At the Hellmouth (Night 0)

Post by S~V~S »

Also while I like the linkback feature (makes it impossible for people to evade questions and pretend they never saw then, yes?) I kind of hate it since I edit ALOT so not 100% sure I am gonna use it.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 74
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Happy birthday lapluie!

I'm also curious about the google thing and why it is suspicious. S~V~S thats a good idea about cast crossover - hope you will report back what you find.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 151

Post by speedchuck »

lapluie wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:22 am
speedchuck wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:20 am I have never seen an episode of this show.

I know what FMJ is so I'm voting that.
You ever watched the vampire diaries?
nnnnno
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 51

Post by rabbit8 »

S~V~S wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:13 am Also while I like the linkback feature (makes it impossible for people to evade questions and pretend they never saw then, yes?) I kind of hate it since I edit ALOT so not 100% sure I am gonna use it.
lol, I like it. But you can easily say you never saw it. :eye:

SVS is bad TBH. :nicenod:

And Tranq. :srsnod:
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

juliets wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:40 am Happy birthday lapluie!

I'm also curious about the google thing and why it is suspicious. S~V~S thats a good idea about cast crossover - hope you will report back what you find.
Google sucks and is going to take over the world with Microsoft, Amazon, MacDonald's, GE, Shell, and Hali-berger, and a few other s who have been bought up during the franchise wars.... to form a the mega corp, Thank You Idiots, better known as, TYI Inc.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 64

Post by sig »

I think we should pick the worst locations first, so we can get them out of the way.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

LoRab wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:01 am Looking at the poll (thanks google):

Full Metal Jacket, Xander references the movie (Life taker, heartbreaker) when greeting Riley when he returns to Sunnydale. Also, a Vampire says to Spike who is attacking him, "What's your malfuncion, man" which is also a reference.
House of Wax: Plotline of the original could connect to various buffy story lines, but can't find anything in particular that stands out. And none of it looks remotely good.
New Jack City: There's a "I never liked you anyway" connection, but that's a pretty common line, I think. Spike says it to Buffy.
Wayne's World: Both have a "Noah's Arcade"--it's where the Trio brings a kidnapped Willow and Buffy confronts them. Also, Wayne's World ends with a whole Scooby Doo thing, and the Scooby Gang is, well, the Scooby Gang.

That was not so helpful. Although almost fun. I'm sure I'm missing obvious things. Or, Rock Con are just messing with us with random movie titles. I feel like I'm missing references, though.

linkitis:
@kyle: You don't have to watch it all at on
@LA: Google coupled with a buffy knowledge. But yes, mostly google.
Lorab gets some early civ points for this post.

What does everyone think about the Independents? I'd say Glory is a top priority to kill for all players, followed by the mafia, and maybe Spike. I do think its possible Spike has the type of role where he can also become a civ, it could be something along the lines of he searches for Buffy every night and if he finds her they get BTSC and he becomes a civ, which would be nice. However, we've got no way of knowing if that's the case so I think it would be safer to lynch him.

Thoughts?
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 18

Post by timmer »

My only thought is that I don't see why LoRab gets civ points for that point. She could easily write that as a baddie?
My siggie.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

timmer wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:55 pm My only thought is that I don't see why LoRab gets civ points for that point. She could easily write that as a baddie?
She could, but I liked that she volunteered information and talked about the locations, which almost nobody else did.
ImageImage
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Tranq »

sig wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:14 pm I think we should pick the worst locations first, so we can get them out of the way.
You think these locations will continue to appear in other polls?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

sig wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:14 pm I think we should pick the worst locations first, so we can get them out of the way.
Ok, I've read back through every post and don't see anything about "locations" - the poll appears to be movies. Are you saying those movies represent locations? If so, how do you know which one is the worst? And how did you make that connection? (Admittedly, I sometimes miss things that are obvious.)
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Tranq wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:19 pm
Yes
juliets wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:34 pm
Ok, I've read back through every post and don't see anything about "locations" - the poll appears to be movies. Are you saying those movies represent locations? If so, how do you know which one is the worst? And how did you make that connection? (Admittedly, I sometimes miss things that are obvious.)

I'm assuming we'll be either visiting the movies/locations in them or the option we pick will have an impact on the game. This is an assumption though it could just be a meaningless fluff poll, but I doubt it. :shrug:
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

sig wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:53 pm
Tranq wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:19 pm
Yes
juliets wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:34 pm

I'm assuming we'll be either visiting the movies/locations in them or the option we pick will have an impact on the game. This is an assumption though it could just be a meaningless fluff poll, but I doubt it. :shrug:
Ok thanks, having played Rock-Con games before I, like you, doubt it is a meaningless poll. I don't think I've ever seen them do a meaningless poll.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
lapluie
Moon Child
Posts in topic: 63

Post by lapluie »

nutella wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:25 am the forum tells me it's @lapluie's birthday so happy birthday!! :beer:
Thank you love :cloud9:
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

Full Metal Jacket features Adam Baldwin, who played Marcus Hamilton in Buffy.
According to http://buffy.wikia.com/wiki/Marcus_Hamilton, "Hamilton bears resemblance to Caleb, the evil priest/serial killer in Buffy's final season."
Caleb is one of the Independents.

The other poll options don't have any clear connections, or they may not be actor related. I'll have another look.
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

There are 4 poll options and 4 factions (Scooby Gang, Vampire Team, Independents & Glory). I could see each option representing a faction.

Nothing on House of Wax or New Jack City so far.

I'm voting Wayne's World. LoRab's post points to the movie having a Scooby Gang connection:
LoRab wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:01 am Wayne's World: Both have a "Noah's Arcade"--it's where the Trio brings a kidnapped Willow and Buffy confronts them. Also, Wayne's World ends with a whole Scooby Doo thing, and the Scooby Gang is, well, the Scooby Gang.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I found a connection between Buffy and Full Metal jacket but I don't know what it means. It seems in a 2001 Buffy show All the Way one of the Buffy characters said "What is your malfunction, man?". Unfortunately I don't remember that line from FMJ and don't know the context of it in Buffy. Maybe someone else understands the reference. Still looking for connections to the other movies.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 28

Post by novaselinenever »

juliets wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:57 pm I found a connection between Buffy and Full Metal jacket but I don't know what it means. It seems in a 2001 Buffy show All the Way one of the Buffy characters said "What is your malfunction, man?". Unfortunately I don't remember that line from FMJ and don't know the context of it in Buffy. Maybe someone else understands the reference. Still looking for connections to the other movies.
I remember that scene from FMJ, it was " What is your major malfunction, numbnuts ? ". I have no idea what the connection is though and why is the scene referenced in Buffy.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Wayne's world then. Voted.

Nice research.

Gonna be busy this weekend, but it's night 0! :P I'm more of a weekday player.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Ambray
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Ambray »

I always like to vote early in these kind've polls because there isn't really any information to go on and I don't want to be influenced.

Voting Wayne's world, because any film that starts with Bohemian Rhapsody is a winner in my book. :beer:
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

Ambray wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:16 pm I always like to vote early in these kind've polls
You're the 13th voter :p
Ambray
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Ambray »

Tranq wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:20 pm
Ambray wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:16 pm I always like to vote early in these kind've polls
Hahaha, apparently so!
But I mean time-wise and not leaving it to the end of the phase.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

There was a Cassandra in Waynes World and in Buffy but I don't see anything about either character that would connect to the other. I think Lorab's analysis regarding the Scooby connection is the strongest connection we have found. I can't find any connection to New Jack City or House of Wax. I find it hard to believe there would be nothing though.

Also, Tranq's analysis that each choice in the poll lines up with a faction has been used by Rock Con in past games (nobody who played Recruitment will forget that!) so I tend to buy that explanation. So is Waynes World the civ choice because of the Scooby connection? I think it's possible.

Oh wow lots of links - looks like others have decided it is indeed Waynes World.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

That should be linki not links. Also I changed my vote to Waynes World.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 113

Post by nutella »

S~V~S wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:11 am Good Morning! Long time no play.

No clue how to vote. I want to look and see if there was any crossover between the casts, they were all in the same general time frame as Buffy, maybe a bit earlier, if you count the House of Wax remake rather than the original. Yay for late poll end time, will have plenty of time after work.

Nutella, what is suspicious about Googling?
Nnnnnnothiiinnggg........ :shifty:

...Yeah never mind that lol

Based on Lorab's and Tranq's analyses I'm going with Wayne's World.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 18

Post by timmer »

Tranq wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:20 pm
:haha:
My siggie.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 116
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

I think the 4 choices 4 factions thing makes sense. The Wayne's world Scooby connection also seems good, as well as the arcade thing.

are there any connections that could be drawn from other movies to other factions?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

rabbit8 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:24 am
S~V~S wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:13 am Also while I like the linkback feature (makes it impossible for people to evade questions and pretend they never saw then, yes?) I kind of hate it since I edit ALOT so not 100% sure I am gonna use it.
lol, I like it. But you can easily say you never saw it. :eye:

SVS is bad TBH. :nicenod:

And Tranq. :srsnod:
No u
Tranq wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:57 pm Full Metal Jacket features Adam Baldwin, who played Marcus Hamilton in Buffy.
According to http://buffy.wikia.com/wiki/Marcus_Hamilton, "Hamilton bears resemblance to Caleb, the evil priest/serial killer in Buffy's final season."

The other poll options don't have any clear connections, or they may not be actor related. I'll have another look.
I just walked in from work, and I was hoping someone else had done this so I would not have to lol.

Based on this and the posts following it, WW having the best civvie connection makes sense, so voting Waynes World.

I have not watched Buffy in a looong time, might be time for a rewatch.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 88
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Tranq wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:57 pm Full Metal Jacket features Adam Baldwin, who played Marcus Hamilton in Buffy.

Nice find. Although technically he's in Angel, not Buffy, although still the same verse--and he's definitely not a good guy. I can't find a similarly negative potential connection with Wayne's World, so of the 2 that had any positive connections, I think I need to go with Wayn'es World.

I admit, I'm nervous about Wayne's World. Maybe because it's the most positive of the films, and I don't trust Rock Con, lol.

I'll keep thinking about it and am open to changing my vote if anything else comes up.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

The best I can find is that Adam Baldwin, besides being in Full Metal Jacket, was also in Firefly (as I am sure we all know) with Nathan Fillion (Caleb). But I doubt that is of any use since Firefly is not an option. But that is a weird coincidence, in light of the wiki post you quoted.
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

sig wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:42 pm

Full Metal Jacket, Xander references the movie (Life taker, heartbreaker) when greeting Riley when he returns to Sunnydale. Also, a Vampire says to Spike who is attacking him, "What's your malfuncion, man" which is also a reference.
House of Wax: Plotline of the original could connect to various buffy story lines, but can't find anything in particular that stands out. And none of it looks remotely good.
New Jack City: There's a "I never liked you anyway" connection, but that's a pretty common line, I think. Spike says it to Buffy.
Wayne's World: Both have a "Noah's Arcade"--it's where the Trio brings a kidnapped Willow and Buffy confronts them. Also, Wayne's World ends with a whole Scooby Doo thing, and the Scooby Gang is, well, the Scooby Gang.

That was not so helpful. Although almost fun. I'm sure I'm missing obvious things. Or, Rock Con are just messing with us with random movie titles. I feel like I'm missing references, though.

linkitis:
kyle: You don't have to watch it all at on
LA: Google coupled with a buffy knowledge. But yes, mostly google.

What does everyone think about the Independents? I'd say Glory is a top priority to kill for all players, followed by the mafia, and maybe Spike. I do think its possible Spike has the type of role where he can also become a civ, it could be something along the lines of he searches for Buffy every night and if he finds her they get BTSC and he becomes a civ, which would be nice. However, we've got no way of knowing if that's the case so I think it would be safer to lynch him.

Thoughts?
You Spike?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

rabbit8 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:16 pm

linkitis:

Thoughts?
You Spike?
He can't say. :noble:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Sig, you got spiky hair? :grin:
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Black Rock wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:24 pm 2. No role outing of yourself or anyone else.
Psh trying to get me in trouble. :disappoint:
ImageImage
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

sig wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:34 pm
Black Rock wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:24 pm 2. No role outing of yourself or anyone else.
:ponder:
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

rabbit8 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:52 pm
sig wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:34 pm
:confused: :shrug: :confused:
ImageImage
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

You think I want you to break the rules?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I think you two should get married.
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

I'm just curious as to why Spike was chosen to be analyzed, is Sig indy signaling.... :smoky:
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

S~V~S wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:33 pm I think you two should get married.

I think Rabbit is a little to old for me, unless he's super rich than age is meaningless. :srsnod:
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

rabbit8 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:35 pm I'm just curious as to why Spike was chosen to be analyzed, is Sig indy signaling.... :smoky:

I don't really trust Indy's in general, but top priority is mafia/Glory. If we end up lynching an indy it wouldn't be good, but I'd say it wasn't bad either.
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 29
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Night 0

Post by Long Con »

Welcome To The Hellmouth

"Okay Oz, see you soon!" Willow hung up the phone and looked around one more time - the living room was still in perfect shape for company. Her heart skipped a beat when she saw a dark shadow move outside the open living room window. Her eyes darted around furtively, settling quickly on the nearby fireplace poker. She snatched it up and cried out, "Whoever you are, you'd better think twice!"

Xander poked his head in the window. "I don't even usually think once, ac-" his eyes widened when he saw Willow, poker high in the air and fear in her eyes. "Whoa, Will, it's me!"

Willow let out a relieved breath. "What are you doing coming in the window, Xander? You scared the bejeezus out of me!"

Xander shrugged. "Seemed like a reasonable thing to do." He held up a DVD. "I brought Wayne's World for our viewing pleasure!"

"All right, party on," grinned Willow. Just then, her front door opened, and Buffy walked in, holding a grocery bag.

"I brought snacks!" she crowed. "Salty, sweet, cheesy, spicy - you name it, I got it!"

Xander took the bulging bag from her and peered in. "I guess you must be a waistline Slayer as well!" he laughed, but turned serious. "I mean... we're allowed to say the S-word now, right?"

Buffy sighed. "Well, if you guys are going to be helping with the slaying, we might as well be able to talk about it!"

Out on the street, beneath a waning moon, a pair of wild eyes gazed to the sky, and a low growl erupted from throaty depths.

"No... not yet."

Deep in a crypt beneath one of Sunnydale's cemeteries, a huge marble slab slid aside, crashing to the concrete floor. Slowly, one clawed finger at a time, a gnarled and monstrous hand rose from within the tomb, grasping at the side.

A hissing, malignant voice rose from the darkness within. "The time... is now!"

Day 1 has begun. It will last 24 hours.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: At the Hellmouth (Day 1)

Post by sig »

[mention]MacDougall[/mention]

Are you mafia?
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 204

Post by MacDougall »

sig wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:59 pm @MacDougall

Are you mafia?
No but you seem pretty scummy. Show me your civ badge.
lapluie
Moon Child
Posts in topic: 63

Post by lapluie »

well isn't this quite exciting
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 88
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

sig wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:55 pm
rabbit8 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:35 pm I'm just curious as to why Spike was chosen to be analyzed, is Sig indy signaling.... :smoky:

I don't really trust Indy's in general, but top priority is mafia/Glory. If we end up lynching an indy it wouldn't be good, but I'd say it wasn't bad either.
But that doesn't answer the question. nor is that precisely what you said--you singled out Spike, you weren't just talking about all of the indies. Here's the post:

linkitis:

Thoughts?
I'm also concerned with the focus on Spike. But rather than read it as being Spike, I read it as being mafia and knowing that they have a chance at Spike joining them. "Also become a civ" implies that there's another option....And the spelling out of what the role could be, if you thought Spike could become a civ role--but maybe not so we should lynch them. And why Spike and not the Mayor (who also has secrets)?

Not explaining what you actually meant when called out on singling out Spike doesn't help.

Also, why did you vote Mac?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 204

Post by MacDougall »

I get votes for no reason these days. I'm getting used to it.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

LoRab wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:10 am
sig wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:55 pm

But that doesn't answer the question. nor is that precisely what you said--you singled out Spike, you weren't just talking about all of the indies. Here's the post:

linkitis:

Thoughts?
I'm also concerned with the focus on Spike. But rather than read it as being Spike, I read it as being mafia and knowing that they have a chance at Spike joining them. "Also become a civ" implies that there's another option....And the spelling out of what the role could be, if you thought Spike could become a civ role--but maybe not so we should lynch them. And why Spike and not the Mayor (who also has secrets)?

Not explaining what you actually meant when called out on singling out Spike doesn't help.

Also, why did you vote Mac?
Lorab, just to clarify, are you saying you see a chance sig could be bad and was trying to get us to want to kill Spike or are you saying something else? It seems like if he is mafia he would want Spike alive. I agree that his not explaining what he actually mean when asked doesn't look good, I'm just a little unclear about the first part. I have the same question re: why a vote for Mac.

On another subject I will be in and out today and then tonight I will be watching the super bowl. I will try to keep up with reading posts during the game but probably won't post. I plan on being around for EOD though.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

On Zero, two things caught my eye, and one today.

First Nutella.

This was one of those thing that make you go "hmmm".
nutella wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:39 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:29 am
DFaraday wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:57 pm WHAT. Illy is here???
Bad. Fake. Scum. Lynch it.
this was also my initial reaction. Like, for one thing she's posted multiple times in the sign-up thread, though I can believe that DF hasn't been reading it. But is this reaction from reading the player list as soon as the game is posted? I guess I can believe that as well, but... he could also have just gotten a team role PM with her in it... nah this is too tinfoily never mind. slips like that don't happen.
This almost feels like distancing to me, OR an easy suspicion since Faraday tends to be blendy and he might miss it. As someone who, like Nutella (and unlike Mac) has a long forum history with Faraday, I would not be surprised if he did not return to the sign up thread, or even the forum, for a few days.

Then the acting like LoRab Googling something was somehow bad. THAT feels like kicking up dust around someone who is famous for a lackadaisical reaction to suspicion. " :lorab: eye me all you want", again a safe suspicion that probably won't get a lot of blowback to point at later in the game.

THEN I went back and looked at the last game we played together where Nutella was bad, the HCR crossover, and her day one was totally different. So I am going to do what she did in her Faraday post and talk myself out of this for now, and give Nutella the BOTD since her HCR day one was so different and because I generally find her suspect. But still eyes on her. I would like to hear Jackohearts thoughts on her, he was her partner in the HCR game.

The second thing I noticed was, of course, sig and his extensive soliloquy about Spike. Followed by his vote.

I agree with Rabbit in that that really did feel like sig wasn't just speculating. I doubt that it was his own role, so perhaps he was advertising for Spike, and although sig generally has a very direct style, I am not sure I see him being that direct. I also don't see him doing that as a civ, so :shrug: He gets mis-suspected a lot though (or at least he used to; is that still the case?). I look forward to hearing his thoughts on his vote for Mac.

With sig himself being the only person taking any real serious flak in thread, that jump out vote to Mac with no reason given, and no reason apparent, warrants an explanation from sig. Mac can be fairly volatile (from someone with this same quality) so tossing a random vote to him for no reason could lead to Mac taking over the thread. So yeah sig, please tell us why. If I was to vote for sig, his vote for mac would be why moreso than his Spike focus.

The third thing was Lapluie. Her most recent post,
lapluie wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:21 am well isn't this quite exciting
Was the only on topic post I recalled her making, and it was rather vague. I went back to look at her other posts and was pretty surprised to find her as one of the higher posters at this stage. Yesterday was her birthday apparently (Happy Belated :cloud9: so BOTD there, but curious why she finds sig making an unexplained vote on a fairly volatile person the only on topic thing she finds worth mentioning. Fanning the flames, perhaps?

So I am going to throw a pressure vote on LaPluie for now. I will be in and out pretty much all day.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I wanted to see how Mac reacted to a vote, honestly it wasn't as fun as I thought it would be.

I was talking about the Indies/Glory as a whole the only reason Spike stuck out was because he could be flipped to mafia. I'm guessing that if he can be recruited to the mafia team he could also be recruited to the civs it even mentions his love for Buffy.

I see no reason to suspect me for anything, if I'm mafia as some are guessing why would I be advertising for spike? The mafia are the ones who search for him not the other way around. I'm just saying he could be a bigger threat then the other independents since we know for a fact he's a traitor role who has two kills. Now I'm not advocating indy hunting, just pointing out the roles aren't inherently prove civ.
Black Rock wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:24 pm
Drusilla - Her dreams will tell her the role of one player of her choosing each night. If she finds Spike, he will join their team.

Spike - He has two anytime kills. He has a modification chip and can’t kill any humans. If he targets a human his kill will fail. His love for Buffy is undying… *secrets* =
Someone mentioned the mayor, I don't think he can become a civ due to this wording.
Black Rock wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:24 pm Faith Lehane - Faith will find out who one player is targeting each night. If Faith tracks the Mayor, she will join him in his Win Condition. *secrets*
This implies Faith will stop being a civ and become an independent with the mayor.
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”