Buffy the Vampire Slayer: At the Hellmouth (End Game)

Moderator: Community Team

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 113
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: At the Hellmouth (Day 1)

Post by nutella »

Oh and linkback is the lil arrow in a quoted post that links to the post being quoted
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 116
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Illyria wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:54 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:27 pm Potassium nitrate is one of gods greatest gifts. Be sure to eat one tablespoon a day to stray from the path of the devil. Potassium nitrate also does wonders for the skin and digestion.
Also, what now> I don't remember playing with you, sorry. So, other people, is this normal behavior for DrW? Since no one commented on it, I am guessing yes but I want to be sure.
yeah that seems pretty normal for Wilgy
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

[mention]Illyria[/mention] I'm interested in your thoughts as you catch up
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 74
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

The game is about to start so I'm going to go ahead and vote though I may change it later. Per my earlier post I am looking at DFaraday, JackofHearts and Dr. Wilgy. DF has been participating so I'm going to rule him out for that. Dr. Wilgy has only posted one completely off topic post but I guess he's been known to do that according to Kyle (I guess I just haven't noticed) so that leaves Jack who hasn't posted at all. I'm going to go ahead and vote for Jack but does anyone know anything about why he's not here? Like is he on vacation or anything? Maybe my vote will pressure him to participate. I'll try to keep up with reading posts during the game but I don't expect to post.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

juliets wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:23 pm The game is about to start so I'm going to go ahead and vote though I may change it later. Per my earlier post I am looking at DFaraday, JackofHearts and Dr. Wilgy. DF has been participating so I'm going to rule him out for that. Dr. Wilgy has only posted one completely off topic post but I guess he's been known to do that according to Kyle (I guess I just haven't noticed) so that leaves Jack who hasn't posted at all. I'm going to go ahead and vote for Jack but does anyone know anything about why he's not here? Like is he on vacation or anything? Maybe my vote will pressure him to participate. I'll try to keep up with reading posts during the game but I don't expect to post.
Juliets have you never played with Dr Wilgy before? I thought his wildboy tendencies were well known

I also didn't realize Wilgy's sodium nitrate post was his only post.
Illyria
The Mark
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Illyria »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:13 pm @Illyria I'm interested in your thoughts as you catch up
As of right now, I am feeling that Lorab is a civvie. I am waiting for Lup to post more, especially as they are new, but I think I am eyeing them?? I am also eyeing DrW because of that odd post even if you all think that is normal. If that is his only one so far, I am going to wait to see if he will say anything else on topic-- but right now I think that might be where my vote is going? UGGGGH. This is hard!! /tantrum

I am hoping that I will be able to dust some of this rust off my mafia instincts. I am not sure that I trust them right now!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 112

Post by S~V~S »

When you say "Lup" are you referring to lapluie, or to Loop? Because I just noticed Loop, they did not make any posts in either this thread or the sign up thread. Was this discussed in the sign up thread? I only really started reading where I signed up.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Illyria
The Mark

Post by Illyria »

Oh geez. I meant Lapluie. Sorry. Lap!

If loop did not post in either thread, I wonder if they meant to sign up at all? That seems slightly odd to click yes and the never post anywhere?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Loop voted in the night poll but never posted
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Dr. Wilgy being a wild boy doesn't mean he should be removed from scrutiny. Wilgy is a player who um.... he's often inscrutable because of the way he plays and often ends up being taken out of or put into the pool of suspicion by process of elimination.

informing people of the usage of sodium nitrate out of the blue isn't necessarily an alignment indicator for him, but level of effort from him can be.
Illyria
The Mark

Post by Illyria »

nutella wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:05 pm Loop voted in the night poll but never posted
Huh. Okay, thank La.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Who is Loop? what is Loop's history?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Tranq wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:36 pm The lynch poll ends at 5am my time. As for my vote, i'm considering players that didn't vote in the night poll:

DFaraday
DrWilgy
Illyria
Jackofhearts2005

Or rabbit :D
tranq sdid you explain why missing the d0 poll would be symptomatic of mafia behavior, or is it a participation thing, or is it actually an excuse to vote for rabbit :p
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:40 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:23 pm The game is about to start so I'm going to go ahead and vote though I may change it later. Per my earlier post I am looking at DFaraday, JackofHearts and Dr. Wilgy. DF has been participating so I'm going to rule him out for that. Dr. Wilgy has only posted one completely off topic post but I guess he's been known to do that according to Kyle (I guess I just haven't noticed) so that leaves Jack who hasn't posted at all. I'm going to go ahead and vote for Jack but does anyone know anything about why he's not here? Like is he on vacation or anything? Maybe my vote will pressure him to participate. I'll try to keep up with reading posts during the game but I don't expect to post.
Juliets have you never played with Dr Wilgy before? I thought his wildboy tendencies were well known

I also didn't realize Wilgy's sodium nitrate post was his only post.
I have played with Dr. Wilgy before but it's been a long time since I played a true mafia game with him (not Chicka Chicka) and I just can't speak to how he posts from personal experience. I'd have to go back and look. (Wilgy, if you can tell me a game where you were good and one where you were bad I will look at your posts at the beginning of those games.) I just think the potassium nitrate (or was it sodium nitrate?) post being his only post doesn't say a lot about him being civ. I still haven't decided where my final vote will go.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 18

Post by timmer »

Wilgy does nothing but joke at the start of every game I've seen him in and everyone just runs with it.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Off like to know about loop as well. I don't know them and I can handle someone not posting yet but it's different I'd thru haven't posted but they did vote. That's weird. Which option did they vote for?
My siggie.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

2 hours left and only 4/20 votes are on the board
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

timmer wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:24 pm Off like to know about loop as well. I don't know them and I can handle someone not posting yet but it's different I'd thru haven't posted but they did vote. That's weird. Which option did they vote for?
House of Wax

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

I voted loop. I'm knee deep in super bowl and he voted but didn't post. It's all I got.
My siggie.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 204

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:08 pm Dr. Wilgy being a wild boy doesn't mean he should be removed from scrutiny. Wilgy is a player who um.... he's often inscrutable because of the way he plays and often ends up being taken out of or put into the pool of suspicion by process of elimination.

informing people of the usage of sodium nitrate out of the blue isn't necessarily an alignment indicator for him, but level of effort from him can be.
Hence why I always ask to lynch Wilgy. :haha:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

If Jimmy were here, would he call this player salad?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Jack is playing but hasn't posted at all?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:46 pm
I don't know what that means...

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Illyria
The Mark

Post by Illyria »

Okay, I'm managing two emergencies that just came in for work rn. I'm gonna be distracted. I am voting for drW because of his nonsensical post, and nothing else up to this point.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 88
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Keeping an eye on Lapluie for now--the excited sounding comment raised an eyebrow, but I don't know them or how they write, so I'm also not sure. I want to hear more for them, for sure. And sig I'm just keeping an eye on for now.

I'm currently tempted to vote for Loop. I hadn't noticed that they had voted in the first poll and not posted at all. And that they chose House of Wax, of all the choices, is odd. I mean, that doesn't seem like it could possibly be a positive choice. I mean, someone new could not understand that the vote likely means something...but then why vote at all. And if it were a truly random choice, why not come on and say that. It reads much more like a situation where they got their pm, saw where they should vote, went to thread, voted, and then either left or read the posts and didn't konw what to say.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

loop didn't post anything in the sign up thread either.....
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

juliets wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:53 pm
Player Salad is a thing Jay says when players talk about or mention a bunch of players they might vote for or suspect all at once, I think the idea is that doing it allows a mafia voting flexibility later on.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Wait. Loop has never posted in the forum at all.

@Hosts: Can you confirm that you know that Loop exists and knows that they are playing the game?
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 7

Post by DrWilgy »

Illyria wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:54 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:27 pm Potassium nitrate is one of gods greatest gifts. Be sure to eat one tablespoon a day to stray from the path of the devil. Potassium nitrate also does wonders for the skin and digestion.
Also, what now> I don't remember playing with you, sorry. So, other people, is this normal behavior for DrW? Since no one commented on it, I am guessing yes but I want to be sure.
Hiya Illy! It's been awhile, but I think we played before once.

Before I comment on this, how attractive of a person do you think I am?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

maybe never posting anything ever is a shiny new avant garde method of playing mafia
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:05 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:53 pm
Player Salad is a thing Jay says when players talk about or mention a bunch of players they might vote for or suspect all at once, I think the idea is that doing it allows a mafia voting flexibility later on.
So you answered what it is but not my question that provoked hers? Interesting. Teammie helping teammie?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Timmer and LoRab are really raising my hackles with their votes.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 64

Post by sig »

Juliets Wilgy comment was a bit odd?

linki: Why Mac
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Voted loop. For now, at least. In case I get distracted with sports ball and commercials and forget to come back to vote. They're either not playing or bad--possibly both. I'm making the (I think logical) asumption that House of Wax is not at all likely the civ choice (like, I can't imagine a scenario where it is the choice that is connected to the scoobs).
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 64

Post by sig »

Also I'm surprised juilets is voting for Jack, he's inactive now yes, but in general he's a strong townie. Lynching him for being inactive seems a tad preemptive.

Wilgy hasn't been as Wilgy like, but that's not a reason to vote for him.

linki: That also seems like a meh reason to vote for someone.
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I don't think juliets' post qualifies as player salad. She gave legit reasons why she is looking at each player.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:31 pmSo you answered what it is but not my question that provoked hers?

I'm more interested in her response to your assertion. I didn't think it seemed important to validate your memory of things Jay says. Literally speaking her post seems like it might be categorized as player salad, do you think it's meaningful?
Interesting. Teammie helping teammie?
explain
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

sig wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:37 pm Also I'm surprised juilets is voting for Jack, he's inactive now yes, but in general he's a strong townie. Lynching him for being inactive seems a tad preemptive.

I don't have a strong enough suspicion to outweigh not playing and/or bad.

If Loop were playing, I'd feel differently.

IF they hadn't voted in the night vale pole, for a choice which is not likely civ and also not a likely random choice, I'd feel differently. Hence why them and not Jack (hasn't posted at all, but also hasn't acted at all). To know the game is happening and not posting reads bad to me.

And, again, I'll change my vote if reason. But, um, this is kind of a close game on my tv.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 112

Post by S~V~S »

You voted for someone to see how they reacted, sig.

And if LoRab is right about the options (and knowing these hosts it is very possible) that's a very valid reason for a vote. Making a drive by vote for a dubious poll choice isn't really a great look.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 29
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

LoRab wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:10 pm Wait. Loop has never posted in the forum at all.

@Hosts: Can you confirm that you know that Loop exists and knows that they are playing the game?
Loop received their role PM and voted in the Night 0 poll. This indicates that Loop is aware that the game has begun.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

sig wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:35 pm Juliets Wilgy comment was a bit odd?

I don't like votes on day 1 of players who aren't here. There's nothing more annoying than coming back to find you're lynched already.
LoRab wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:44 pm
sig wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:37 pm Also I'm surprised juilets is voting for Jack, he's inactive now yes, but in general he's a strong townie. Lynching him for being inactive seems a tad preemptive.

IF they hadn't voted in the night vale pole, for a choice which is not likely civ and also not a likely random choice, I'd feel differently. Hence why them and not Jack (hasn't posted at all, but also hasn't acted at all). To know the game is happening and not posting reads bad to me.

And, again, I'll change my vote if reason. But, um, this is kind of a close game on my tv.
So say you get busy or whatever and can't post for a couple days, you're bad?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:44 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:31 pmSo you answered what it is but not my question that provoked hers?

I'm more interested in her response to your assertion. I didn't think it seemed important to validate your memory of things Jay says. Literally speaking her post seems like it might be categorized as player salad, do you think it's meaningful?
explain
What's to explain? I am speculating that you are teammates?
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:59 pm

I don't like votes on day 1 of players who aren't here. There's nothing more annoying than coming back to find you're lynched already.

If there hadn't been a vote, I'd agree with you.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:02 pm

explain
why would explaining a jayterm to Juliets that she didn't know the meaning of make us teammates?
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 12

Post by DFaraday »

But Loop has been here at least long enough to vote in the night thread. It's weird that she (he?) didn't take five seconds to acknowledge their vote in any way.

Having said that, I don't find Lorab's other reason very convincing. When I'm a host, at least, I deliberately create polls where the choices have no thematic connection to any faction, so that discussion will be centered on who is pushing for what choice, rather than what those choices literally are. It's entirely possible that LC and BR are doing the same, or they could have flipped the choices so that House of Wax was the civvie option. It definitely feels like a stretch to go, "Well, that choice sounds like it would be a baddie option to me, therefore I think it's suspicious that anyone would pick it."
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:05 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:02 pm

explain
why would explaining a jayterm to Juliets that she didn't know the meaning of make us teammates?
It's moreso the lack of entertaining me and then answering her instead? You're either teammates or you hate me. Knowing that you love me, it's gotta be the former.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

LoRab wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:03 pm

If there hadn't been a vote, I'd agree with you.
I can think of a a thousand valid reasons for it. I think it's weak and you now deserve several of these. :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye:
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

[mention]nutella[/mention] wasn't loop the one you thought might be your boyfriend the other day on discord? did you ever find out for sure?
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Eye me all you want.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ok

:eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye:

Return to “Previous Side Missions”