[ENDGAME] - The Fellowship of the Ring Mafia (LoTR I)

Moderator: Community Team

So... what did you think?

I enjoyed this game very much!
12%
I will play Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
28%
This game was rather sad, like Gandalf's death before you realized he didn't actually die :O
12%
I found it strange that Glorfindel was both a role and a player all at once
16%
I wish that Day 2 wasn't 72 hours long
4%
I am a huge fan of J.R.R. Tolkien, and plan to read one of his many wonderful books in the near future
4%
Thank you for hosting Marmot, you were wonderful
24%

Total votes: 25
Ambray
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 26

Re: [DAY 2] - The Fellowship of the Ring Mafia (LoTR I)

Post by Ambray »

Oh wait...MacDougall, that post of yours was massive. Damn mafia right there. :smoky:

And yeah, I like to be sarcastic. Sue me. :workit:
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 156
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

mmmmmmmmm [mention]Ambray[/mention] [mention]MacDougall[/mention]

please tell me who you would lynch today if you weren't currently top vote getters, and neither of you could vote for the other.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 136

Post by MacDougall »

Dude, never did I say I was suspicious of you. Way to put words into my mouth.

Sorry I though the emoji made it obvious that was a joke.

I said I didn't like the votes sitting on you. That was all.

Neither do I.

Simply because you said you have given up and due to you saying that multiple times I've just classes you as civ. Yet here you are fighting and making cases... :shrug:

I have told you all several times I can't play properly on my phone. I'm now on my work computer.

Yes, there was discomfort. I'm out of practice playing mafia.

Okay that's fine.

My 'lolol' post is because literally the exact same conversation had just happened in the burglary game not long before. I've also joked about being n00b in other games. I like to joke.

Okay cool I wasn't in that game.

I've started a new job since signing up to this game and am working 15hour days on top of studies. Not sure I can really defend against my real life there...

I can sympathise.

And again with the large post shit.

WTF has mafia turned into that those are considered large posts. For real.

It's not that the post was large. It was that it was large and without quoting, seeming to be at nobody. Just a big "this is an expression" post. I don't care about post size, I'm talking about context.

Sorry about the crappy formatting. I tried something new and it kinda sucks so I will never do that again.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:20 pm mmmmmmmmm @Ambray @MacDougall

please tell me who you would lynch today if you weren't currently top vote getters, and neither of you could vote for the other.
Ambray
Sloonei
DFaraday
Epignosis
Glorfindel
Long Con
novaselinenever
rabbit8
timmer
Kylemii
insertnamehere
Jackofhearts2005
nutella
DrWilgy

Sloonei
Ambray
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ambray »

Anyway - I'm going to bed.

I'm surprised by you Mac, but not suspicious of you. For someone who had given up you've certainly come out of the woodwork.

I stand by my LC vote. I'm surprised how quickly people seem to have dropped suspicions of him..

Glorf - it would be interesting to hear your views? Someone else who had seemingly given up so have given civ credit to.

linki - Man, mafia really has changed. How bizzare that the size of how much you type is suspicious. It's honestly quite frustrating.

You'll be wrong to lynch me - I'm sure that'll be picked about as a desperate attempt to dissuade, but it's 12:30am and I gotta be up in 5hours. :p
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

you're right mac that was bad formatting, i thought you were shouting at yourself :p
Ambray
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ambray »

For what it's worth if I am lynched - LA and Sloonei have given me the wiggins. No particular reason why, just a feeling to throw out there. Hurrah.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Yes well I am posting at my computer. Should I start posting selfies so people can see which device I am using to determine their expectations of my meta?

I never gave up. I just don't care to defend myself. Given some time and some energy I had a quick look through in an attempt to at least try to find baddies. I like how you are trying to cast dispersions on me subtly for doing what is expected of a civ.
Ambray
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ambray »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:29 pm Yes well I am posting at my computer. Should I start posting selfies so people can see which device I am using to determine their expectations of my meta?

I never gave up. I just don't care to defend myself. Given some time and some energy I had a quick look through in an attempt to at least try to find baddies. I like how you are trying to cast dispersions on me subtly for doing what is expected of a civ.
I have clearly stated I have no suspicions of you. So I'm not trying to turn anything. I would say that you posting to go ahead and lynch you with no fight is, in my book, giving up.

Either way - I can't be defending myself further. Perhaps you can use some of that time and energy looking at others aswell?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

mac when did you begin suspecting ambray?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

What you say and what you do are two different things. You say you have no suspicions of me and then immediately comment "For someone who had given up you've certainly come out of the woodwork." This looks like a subtle dig at me for actually doing my civ duty for once in this game. I can appreciate that given you are the recipient it could just be defensiveness.

If everyone took what each other said at face value in a game of Mafia it would be a pointless stupid game. All the Mafia would just say they were civs and it'd be a game of chance. I am reading the intent behind your posts, so you should probably defend in that manner by explaining your intent to me rather than just pointing at the words you use that are quite irrelevant.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:34 pm mac when did you begin suspecting ambray?
When I got online and I decided to actually read some back game and ISOs and saw glaring scumtells from the first ISO I read. I was reading the game very differently before about 30 minutes ago.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:38 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:34 pm mac when did you begin suspecting ambray?
When I got online and I decided to actually read some back game and ISOs and saw glaring scumtells from the first ISO I read. I was reading the game very differently before about 30 minutes ago.
differently why?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:40 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:38 pm
differently why?
I was reading the game on my phone. Hadn't read one ISO. Was making snap replies that weren't thought through. The entire game was me reading out of context posts and trying to discern tone.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

[mention]MacDougall[/mention] i remember you referencing a difference between phone mac and computer mac before, what game was that in? was that Fiddler?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 164

Post by Epignosis »

nutella, can you summarize your vote for Ambray? I know you voted there Day 1.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:56 pm @MacDougall i remember you referencing a difference between phone mac and computer mac before, what game was that in? was that Fiddler?
I dunno probably that and/or MK.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 85
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: [DAY 1] - The Fellowship of the Ring Mafia (LoTR I)

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:04 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:11 pm @Amby, why hasn't your wagon accelerated? What is keeping you mostly at the same pace of the others?
Because the player who is most likely to dictate the thread's activity is her teammate obviously.
Mmm spicy
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Ambray wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:28 pm For what it's worth if I am lynched - LA and Sloonei have given me the wiggins. No particular reason why, just a feeling to throw out there. Hurrah.
I can't check rn cus I'm at dinner, did Sofi mention either of Sloonei or Nutella before this post?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:59 pm nutella, can you summarize your vote for Ambray? I know you voted there Day 1.
I didn't like the back-and-forth between her and Sloonei at the very beginning. I didn't like her blind joining of Kyle against Glorfindel despite not understanding context. Her defense of that later on was sort of okay but not stellar. She has said she is busy but I'm still not seeing civ motivations in her posts. Plus with Mac's recent assessments I'm kind of going back to the tinfoil that Sloonei is her teammate, but I suspect her independently of him as well.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:05 pm
Ambray wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:28 pm For what it's worth if I am lynched - LA and Sloonei have given me the wiggins. No particular reason why, just a feeling to throw out there. Hurrah.
I can't check rn cus I'm at dinner, did Sofi mention either of Sloonei or Nutella before this post?
I can check in a minute but I know that I do not like this post. Especially after Mac insinuating she and Sloonei could be teammates. Tricky distancing ploy. Fake as hell.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

most specifically sloonei, did she mention sloon?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

nutella wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:06 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:59 pm nutella, can you summarize your vote for Ambray? I know you voted there Day 1.
I didn't like the back-and-forth between her and Sloonei at the very beginning. I didn't like her blind joining of Kyle against Glorfindel despite not understanding context. Her defense of that later on was sort of okay but not stellar. She has said she is busy but I'm still not seeing civ motivations in her posts. Plus with Mac's recent assessments I'm kind of going back to the tinfoil that Sloonei is her teammate, but I suspect her independently of him as well.
Do you think a bad Ambray have been informed by her teammates about that particular context?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I actually suspect Sloonei independently of her as well. I think she has done more than enough to come into the sphere of Sloonei suspicion and he has given her nothing but benign pokes. He's either not coming at a scum teammate or he knows she is a civ ergo doesn't want to be a part to a mislynch.

On song civ Sloonei would be exhibiting some levels of suspicion imo.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:10 pm
Do you think a bad Ambray have been informed by her teammates about that particular context?
Not necessarily. Could be the case I guess but it's not enough to sway me off voting for her at the moment.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:17 pm
Not necessarily. Could be the case I guess but it's not enough to sway me off voting for her at the moment.
Epignosis is speculating that she might have been supplied with context by teammates which would only add fuel to suspicion. Why would that sway you OFF voting for her? Or am I misunderstanding?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:26 pm
Epignosis is speculating that she might have been supplied with context by teammates which would only add fuel to suspicion. Why would that sway you OFF voting for her? Or am I misunderstanding?
No he's saying that since she never seemed to learn the context she probably doesn't have teammates
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Missed this.
Sloonei wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:29 am
Epignosis wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:37 pm Sloonei, eye see you. :eye:

I'm not satisfied with a MacDougall lynch. Where should I vote?
How do you feel about DFaraday?
I don't have a reason to lynch him.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention] do you have any input on sofi v mac?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

nutella wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:27 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:26 pm
No he's saying that since she never seemed to learn the context she probably doesn't have teammates
It was just something that occurred to me. I have hosted plenty of BTumbleweedSC chats to know better than to say it's a definite point in her favor.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:29 pm @Sloonei do you have any input on sofi v mac?
I'd like to discourage this right now. Ambray/Sofi appears to have a firm civ read on me and reducing the options to Ambray vs. Mac at this point of the day is going to encourage Mafia/lazy players to just throw drive by votes on whichever of us they gut read worse with little explanation which is going to miss an opportunity. I prefer your line of thinking as to who else might be on the table, and I feel like Sloonei firmly should be for one.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Ambray wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:28 pm Don't have much to contribute other than I'm still uneasy over the LC 'bandwagon' situation.

Sloonei's posts I don't like just as a vibe as I struggle to see whether they posts as a civ throwing mud and seeing what sticks or a baddie just stirring trouble. However, from how others have reacted this seems his typical game style so hard to judge.

Jack's posts are going to get old pretty quick. I'm not looking to lynch him at all right now, but I question whether this is normal behaviour for him? I think it would be pretty easy to get the ball rolling as an easy lynch. If he is civ, I don't really know how he's helping himself or others with his posts..
this is the only post i found where sofi mentions feeling negative about sloonei
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:34 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:29 pm @Sloonei do you have any input on sofi v mac?
I'd like to discourage this right now. Ambray/Sofi appears to have a firm civ read on me and reducing the options to Ambray vs. Mac at this point of the day is going to encourage Mafia/lazy players to just throw drive by votes on whichever of us they gut read worse with little explanation which is going to miss an opportunity. I prefer your line of thinking as to who else might be on the table, and I feel like Sloonei firmly should be for one.
that's actually not why I asked that, I noticed Sloonei is viewing the thread, I want to know his thoughts on this particular topic since he's at least tangentially involved
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

there's also like only 3 minutes left til the lynch drops
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I'm not questioning your reasons, I am saying that it's posts like that that are going to make this phase about choosing between one of us, which naturally I don't like nor do I think is a good move in a game with a lot of people seeming to be low effort posting.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:41 pm there's also like only 3 minutes left til the lynch drops
Holy shit you're right wtf.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Nothing about this feels like an end of day. Weird.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 97
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I'll go along with Ambray over MacDougall because I'm neutral on Am, and Civ-reading Mac.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

rabbit8, INH, Glorfindel and Wilgy haven't voted.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

I voted sofi. I think the case against her is good enough and I think she's more likely to flip bad than mac
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

No. i'm just glancing at the thread every now and then. Don't have time to actually read things in depth.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: [NIGHT 2] - The Fellowship of the Ring Mafia (LoTR I)

Post by Marmot »

Many Meetings

There are too many meetings these days.

Nobody likes them. Dwarves hate them. Elves despise them. Men avoid them. Hobbits will attend if there is ale to be found.

Wizards keep to themselves. They hate meetings too.

Ambray chose the wrong time to voice her displeasure. Selecting the Fellowship of the Ring is the most important meeting Middle Earth has needed in eons.

Ambray has been lynched. She was...

Glóin

She was a vanilla civilian.

Night 2 has begun. You have until 20:00 EST to submit your night actions.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

[mention]MacDougall[/mention] did you think the end of phase time was tomorrow, or later tonight?

......rip sofi
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 8

Post by DFaraday »

I thought this ended an hour later. RIP Ambray. I will catch up when I get home.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

ah well. sorry
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Bummer.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 97
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Sadness. :(
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 43

Post by timmer »

Sperry for missing the vote I have to start leaving early votes in case, it seem
My siggie.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:50 pm @MacDougall did you think the end of phase time was tomorrow, or later tonight?

......rip sofi
Later tonight.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:16 pmSadness. :(
timmer wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:28 pm Sperry for missing the vote I have to start leaving early votes in case, it seem
:ponder:

Return to “Previous Heists”